Due in December 2012 Chat thread #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#126 sparrowfall

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Got the bad news at our scan today - sac had grown at half the rate it should have and still no sign of baby.  Something obviously went wrong quite early on.  No signs of miscarrying naturally so I'm booked in for a D&C tomorrow.

The last week has been torture but I'm glad we have some answers now.  This is my first pg too so it feels a little raw.

Good luck to all the ladies in the Dec DIG, hopefully I'll be joining another in a few months.

#127 NorthernLife

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

Sorry haven't had a chance to read just thought i'd update on me.

I had a scan today but they couldn't see anything. According to my dates i am 5w5d, and the ultrasound tech said that is quite early and very common to not see a sac etc and told me that she was definitely not telling me anything is wrong. She said to wait to get my bloods from my doc (which i get tomorrow afternoon) and then book in for another scan in 2 weeks when i am closer to 8 weeks.  She said they don't declare a pregnancy viable until after 8 weeks - anyone else heard this??

I am still bleeding but its not too bad. I just bought a clearblue digi test so will test on that later to see what it says re: how far along i am to see if i am right. I am 99% sure my dates are correct, so we will see.

#128 maggiechunga

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'm so so sorry sparrowfall cry1.gif please take care of yourself.  hheart.gif

Gisses you are hilarious.....maggiechukker. so true so true. I have a gp visit on sat so hopefully I'll get some useful advice and get some relief soon!

How many Melbourne ladies do we have? I'm already booked in at the mercy. I had my DS there and was really happy with the experience.

Edited by maggiechunga, 26 April 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#129 Brown_dog

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

sparrow - i am so sorry to hear that - thats just horrible sad.gif  

Northern - my Doc gave me a referral for a SCAN and bloods 2 days ago.  I got my bloods done immediately but she asked me not to book in for the scan until just prior to 8 weeks as there was no point prior to that time... (didn't clarify that point with her) - Ive been trying to work out why - possibly its depending on the skills of the operator might be difficult to get accuracy prior to then?

#130 maggiechunga

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Oh dear northern life! Please keep us posted! hands.gif

#131 FourLittleLoves

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

sparrowfall I'm so sorry to read that your scan didn't go well today. Take care of your self and I hope you are pregnant with a sticky little baby very soon. xx

NorthernLife I hope the bleeding stops soon and the next scan shows you a little person hiding away in there.

gisses  roll2.gif I could have written that exact post. Mmmm carbs I read it while working my way through half a packet of jatz that just didn't taste how I thought they would when I picked them up in shopping.

Sorry for lack of personals I just feel like I'm sitting in a fog while reading and when I get to this reply box everything I want to say disappears.

#132 Smudgied

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Hi all!

No personals right now, about to make dinner.

Had my scan today!! Heart rate of 111bpm and measuring at 6+2! I'm six weeks today and still no real symptoms besides a bit of on and off sore boobs and feeling a little seedy. Nothing too strong! original.gif Think I can start to feel a little more confident now! original.gif

xxoo

#133 Mrs.Northerner

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hi All,

Can you add me to the list? I've been lurking for a week but too shy to post! I got a BFP last Thursday and by my calculations am due 28th December, but I'm off to the GP tomorrow to confirm.  

I think I'm still in a state of shock (this is my first, until not that long ago I had decided I didn't want children...) but this seems like a great place for anything and everything baby related!  Looking forward to getting to know you all in the coming months!

#134 KiwiMelW

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hi everyone,

Sparrow - I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you

AFM - had our scan, and we are 6+5.  Saw a heartbeat and everything looked just as it should she said.  I dont actually feel anymore relieved, like i thought I would, in fact I feel even more scared. i think its cause 8 weeks in my mind (which was meant to be today) is my first hurdle to get past.

But seeing a heartbeat definitely was better, HR of 146 and my new EDD is 15th of December!

#135 dreamingofcats

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

sparrowfall - I am sorry for your loss sad.gif Thinking of you xx

northernlife - Fingers crossed for you hun xx

#136 JustDance

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Sparrowfall - I'm so sorry to hear about your results, take care of yourself and I hope you fall pregnant again soon

Jade - I think I forgot to say hi last time - great to have another familiar name on here  waves.gif

Gisses - you make me  laugh, that's quite an appetite!

NorthernLife - I have heard this, I think there's a lot of things that need to happen before 8 weeks - it's kind of my first goal (which I should be at right about now, yippee!)

AFM - been so unbelievably tired between being PG and my son waking us up.  I had my first midwife appt yesterday and she checked my BP, took blood and checked my iron and it turns out I'm low in iron so that probably doesn't help.  I took some Floradix yesterday and vitamins this morning and feeling better already and not as sick.gif today.  She tried to hear the HB but couldn't find it as it would still be very low in my pelvis.  But now I need to book my first scan for about 2 weeks' time - can't wait!  In other news, I've started weaning my son, I think I will have more energy and iron if I do and I'm hoping he sleeps better.  I don't want to tandem feed so may as well start now rather than later.  Wish me luck!

Oh and I'm craving salty foods, last time I craved sweet...

#137 MahnaMahna

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Northernlife - AFAIK a pregnancy is viable once you have seen a HB. The heart usually starts to beat at roughly 6 weeks. Did they do an internal scan today or just normal US? I know when I had my scan at 6w4d they could not see anything until they did an internal US.

Sparrow - I am so incredibly sorry.

#138 happylizard

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

I am leaving the group. I lost the baby...

#139 steen2007

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

happylizard and sparrowfall- So sorry for your lose and hope that you both join a DIG very soon.

Northernlife- Waiting on news from you.

Was a bit ill yesterday but feeling better today. Must get off to the shops and buy some food as the kids are down to eating pickles and sesame snacks for morning tea.

#140 jeska~and~her~secret

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

Sparrowfall and happylizard - so very sorry. sad.gif

Re: the eight weeks question, my DP (who is a GP) tells me that 90% of m/c in the first trimester, will happen during the first eight weeks (even if sometimes they are missed and not discovered until later). So although I am unsure about the question of when a pregnancy can be declared 'viable', I am another who has that date in mind as a milestone to reach before breathing a little easier.

Congratulations to all the women who have had positive scans. original.gif

AFM: I am off to the GP today to book in for a scan after eight weeks, and referral for an OB. My DD was born in our local Castlemaine hospital, which does not offer epidurals, due to their not having an anaethetist rostered on 24/7. I don't think I can do it without pain relief again! I thought I was dying last time. (Please don't let this put off anyone considering going drug-free... I am glad I did it first time round, just not sure about a repeat effort.) Strangely enough, I am also considering a home birth... I know I won't have drugs available to me there, but there is a strong home-birthing community in Castlemaine, and I wonder if I would be helped to birth naturally if I was in my own bed at home, surrounded by familiarity. Does anyone have any thoughts/ experience of home birthing?

Belly rubs to all
xx

#141 rolandsmum

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hi everyone, hope you dont mind me joining.
i found out today i am pregnant, im not getting my hopes up too much because i had a miscarriage in aug 2011.
i am going to try and be less stressed, and take it easy and see what happens, according to dates i am due the 23rd december original.gif

Edited by rolandsmum, 27 April 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#142 cosmic79

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi all.  I'm still here (you probably didn't even notice I was missing because I've been really bad at keeping up, although reading every day on my phone!).

SparrowFall and Happy Lizard - Really sorry sad.gif

I've spent the last week in Bali - got back yesterday.  I've been there lots of times so I wasn't really worried about all the potential food hazards, etc - I've got it all down pat.  It was actually a great distraction to my pregnancy obsession.  I didn't notice the tiredness that I feel at home because we were incredibly busy the whole time and I guess the heat took over my perceptions of everything else going on!!

I have my first OB appointment this morning, but from memory it's just a relatively straightforward appointment with nothing much to look forward to so I'm not getting my hopes up for some interesting information.  I've already had my scan, etc so I assume I'll just get the referral for my 10wk bloods and 12wk scan.  Same OB as my last two pregnancies so I kind of know what to expect...

Will pop back in later.

Edited by cosmic79, 27 April 2012 - 09:51 AM.

#143 Meg88

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Well girls I am so impatient I rescheduled my ultrasound for today original.gif I know Monday is only a few days away but I've gotta work that day so it would have been difficult anyways. I'm pretty nervous, I think cause it took us so long to get pregnant I can't help but be cautious of getting to excited. I think I'll have my eyes shut until they tell me they see something.

Wish me luck!

#144 Cardio Carrie

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

This thread really does move so fast.

Happylizard and sparrowfall - am so very sorry for your losses. My heart breaks for you. I had an early MC in July 2011 and was just shattered. Getting a BFP and seeing those two lines to me was a promise of such joy and happiness. To have it end was devastating. Belieiving for you both to have healthy first babies soon. May you be surrounded by good loving people right now too.

Northern Life - Belieivng for a good outcome with your bleeding. May your baby continue to grow strong and your pregnancy to continue without any concerns or dramas.

Hooloovoo - Thank you so much for your kind words. It is really tricky so early on to just wait it out and believe for the very best. We often aren't good at waiting are we - in such an instantaneous world. Believing for this pregnancy for you to go to full term with a healthy baby.

MrsPotatoHead - thanks for adding me to the list. You are doing a wonderful job managing such a big list.

Welcome to all the other new ladies who have joined this group in the last few days.
Congratulations to all who have had good outcomes with their scans already.

I have been to the GP and had bloods done as well as referral to OB. HCG was fine but doctor isn't going to keep testing it. He said this pregnancy will take its course - no amount of blood tests can change its outcome so we will believe for the best. My OB appt is on 23rd May when I will be 8.5 weeks. OB has ultrasound in his rooms so that will be our first real opportunity to know that everything is progressing well.

It is a different OB to who I saw when DS was born as that OB has now retired. Am going to an OB that a close friend used and was really happy with so hope he will be a great OB. First OB appointment just can't come fast enough. At least it is May next week - that will help me feel that it is not all so far away.

#145 dreamingofcats

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Happy Lizard - I am very sorry for your loss. Thinking of you xx

#146 ~A2~

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Britain's youngest parents: mother 12, father 13

A 12-year-old schoolgirl and her 13-year-old boyfriend are believed to have become Britain?s youngest parents, after the birth of their baby girl earlier this week.

When Prince George met Bilby George

Prince George has met an Aussie marsupial named after him in his first official engagement in Australia.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Pregnant woman dies after doctor removes ovary instead of appendix

When a UK woman went to hospital suffering appendicitis, doctors mistakenly removed her healthy ovary - with tragic consequences.

The milestones I can't wait to celebrate

Nothing can beat the feeling of witnessing that first smile, first step and first word - but here's a list of 'firsts' I'm really looking forward to now.

How you develop in your baby's first year

Just as babies undergo rapid growth as they learn and change in their first year, we?re learning and changing quickly as parents, too. Don?t underestimate the developmental stages you go through when you have a baby.

Can you make your baby smarter even before birth?

A product new to Australia claims to help babies be born "as intelligent as possible", but not all experts agree on the benefits of educating babies while still in the womb.

How a mother's love helped unearth the skills of an autistic savant

Autistic savant Ping Lian Yeak, a prodigious artist who has had his work shown all over the world, couldn't have done it without the support and love of his proud mum.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

A tiny heart: a baby?s death gives life to another

Simon Alexander Garcia lived only one brief hour. But somewhere, a little girl?s heart is beating today because of him.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Why is childbirth still such a pain?

The options given to women to help them cope in labour have barely changed in years.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.