------------------------------------------------

KEY:
GL - Goal Loss
CL - Current Loss
LL - Left to lose

------------------------------------------------

#2 Nae_Nae

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:26 AM

I am offically starting today.... I don't like the week 1 menu in the weigh it up challenge.... soup for lunch and dinner day 1 + day 2???? Really!!?

#3 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I suppose it's like that kick-start diet, I am pretty sure it was on the weigh it up program last time. I think it makes you lose a bit more weight and maybe get motivated.

I am telling the family I want a HRM for Mother's Day. Was going to wait until I hit 85kg....but stuff it wink.gif

Week 2 will be the week for me to try and get into personals.

I have also planned my exercise for the next few days on my calendar, so we will see how that goes.

#4 allyr

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Thanks for the roll call Nae_Nae.

I don't like thee menu either. So I'm chopping and changing. Hopefully I don't defeat the whole purpose of the menu!

#5 Nae_Nae

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi ~**SYMONE**~ and allyr...

I have judo training on a Monday night. So that will be my exersice today...

I am off to Melbourne for the weekend (fri-sun) so I hope i can do the right thing while I am down there.

#6 3inJune

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi guys, I'm back from our little trip original.gif  I ate fairly well and now remember how easy it was to eat better in the country.  Everything is closed by 6:30pm and food costs a bomb!  We went out for dinner on Thursday night and I really felt like an ice-cream or something after.  I asked my friend if anything would still be open and NOPE!  All closed.

Back to logging calories today and I think I should do it everyday as it keeps my servings smaller too.  I really wanted potato chips a while ago and instead of inhaling half the pack, I poured 25gms into a small bowl and ate them slowly.  Don't feel like chips anymore and even though they were calorie dense, I didn't eat 500 cals worth.  Small victories!

Thanks for doing the roll call Nae_Nae.  I feel motivated seeing those numbers there!
I love soup but for that many meals in a row?!  Have fun in Melbourne.  What are you planning to do while you are there?

~**SYMONE**~-I love my HRM!  Very motivating original.gif  I have my exercise in my google calendar and it reminds me that I need to be there.  I like the structure original.gif

I'm off to the physio this afternoon.  Hopefully he can set me right as my left knee is now playing up as well sad.gif  I should be doing school prep.  instead of posting here, so I should go and make some posters for my Dr Seuss display...more procrastination!  Anyone got any good ideas for Mothers' Day craft?  As a Mum I like things I can use or store easily.  I was thinking of baking cupcakes with pink glitter icing and getting my class to make the gift tags.  Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated original.gif

#7 Nae_Nae

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

This is the facebook group I have made....

Facebook Group

#8 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

I hate set menus, I have the biggest group of fusspots here it isn't funny....just makes it ridiculously hard. Good on you guys for trying it out though.

Have fun at Judo Renee. I have never been to Melbourne so have fun there too original.gif

3inJune glad you had a good trip. And ate fairly well to boot, going away is always hard temptation wise. What kind of HRM do you have?

ETA - Renee can't see the group when I click on the link. Did you make it a secret group, or just private?

Edited by ~**SYMONE**~, 23 April 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#9 Sallystwo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

Hello all, I have been MIA this week - with the dreaded winter lurgy.  Hopefully will be back on track soon.

#10 Supernova2012

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Sallystwo- hope you are better soon.

Symone- I don't know what I want for mothers day. Slippers or winter running pants maybe. Melbourne is getting cold! Hrm will be good incentive!

Nae nae- thanks for the roll call!

3injune- hope your knee improves. I like getting family portraits. I got a lucky dip last year with things in like cuddles and kisses and a back rub. It was made from half a paper plate stapled on a paper plate and coloured in by DD2. A cup decorated to hold pens would be handy.

GIO, don't worry, I am not going well this week. Damn those delicious cocktails!

Hi ally, Mardy, Matt, holly and everyone else.

I did bootcamp today. Tomorrow taekwondo. Did okish food wise. Made pumpkin and sweet potato soup which was nice in this cold weather down here.

#11 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

According to my calendar I will be doing Bob Harper Super Strength tomorrow original.gif After I go to the orthodontist, get my 3yo's hair cut and maybe do the shopping.....

Hey Lex, you never fail to disappoint with your motivation!!

I have done well with the diet the last few days and have exercised for the last two days...hopefully I am on a roll now wink.gif

#12 Triple treat

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

Well the usual problems over the weekend: too much food, too much alcohol, too little exercise! Not very inspired by weighitup this week so I'm doing the menu swap around too.

3inJune this is a thread all about weight loss! Wash your mouth out with soap suggesting cupcakes as gifts lol. You should be decorating carrots or plaiting beans, maybe even making bouquets from asparagus and radishes!

Have fun in Melbourne Renee: remember they can have 4 season's weather in 1 day so don't pack light!

Trying to find my motivation lately, I hope it comes back to me soon.

#13 imamumto3

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Im glad DS is back at school tomorrow, if I walk  him there in the morning & the afternoon I get an hour of walking up hill part way & pushing the pram.  Now I just need the weather to hold up!  I also eat better when the kids arent around because I tend not to snack when they do.

#14 Nae_Nae

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Morning,

Judo was ok. My back is playing up. It has got to the point where I am going to have to do something about it. I am not 100% if I should go to a physio or a chiro... So cause my neck was out last week I might go to a chiro and get that sorted then he/she can check out my back too.

This will be my 1st trip to Melbourne. I am excited. I am going to Avalon and Geelong so not the city. I have a friends 40th down there. I am photographing it for her (I'm a photographer as my 2nd job)... so photos in exchange for airfair + accom = happy me + cheap weekend away!

~**SYMONE**~ - Can you see the goup now? I changed the settings.
Facebook Group
- Good luck with your quiet day today... LOL

Sallystwo - Hello. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Lexillotti - Bootcamp then taekwondo... go you!

Triple treat - I am packing as much as I can fit into my bag. I have the 23kg and I am not goign with hubby, so there will be no complaining that I packed too much! LOL

imamumto3 - Yeah my kids go back to school today. They aren't happy, I am LOL.

Edited by Nae_Nae, 24 April 2012 - 09:20 AM.

#15 matt1972

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

GL 10
CL 0
LL 10

That's where I am at right now original.gif

I clicked on the facebook group and it seems to be working now. I only just reopened my facebook. I had it dormant for over 4 years and only opened it up again in the past few weeks.
We have a 30th birthday to attend tonight.
The invitation states that it is for pizza and cake :| we will have to see how good the will power is tonight.

#16 Supernova2012

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Lol Nae Nae, that isn't visiting Melbourne!  That is like going to Canberra or Newcastle and saying you are going to Sydney!  have a good time.  Pack for cold weather.  How long have you been doing Judo?  I have done taekwondo for one week!

Matt- Sounds dangerous.  Can you BYO a salad?

Symone- keep up that exercise!  

Triple treat- I like your mothers day ideas! Imagine getting a radish.  Although one of my friends did get moth balls once.  Her DS thought they were lollies.  

Better do some work.  Back tonight.

#17 matt1972

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

They are a fairly traditional Italian family so I think if I turned up with salad they might call the police!
I might make something when I get home to restrict my hunger when I am there.

#18 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Matt - Italians like salad don't they??

Renee - my physio family all hate chiros and I would be disowned if I went to one LOL. Found the group now and asked to join original.gif

Have done the ortho and the hair cut, will see if exercise will be following wink.gif

#19 Nae_Nae

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Lex - I first started judo when I was about 14, so 21 years ago! I took my 2 boys to visit my old coach and traning parters late in 2010. My eldest, who was 7, wanted to jump on the mat and have a go. So I let him. I had always planned to put him into judo but I was thinking at about 10 years old not 7. Anyway, he decied he wanted to give it a go. So I let him try it. Then he liked it. So I jumped back on the mat too. I mean since I am there I may aswell train too. I like it. I don't like the lack of fitness and the fact that I am old! It's a little frustrating cause I used to be pretty good - I went to nationals and represented australia... What made you take up taekwondo?

Matt - I'd e eating before I went to the 30th.

~**SYMONE**~ - I am not a chiro person either. I used to see an ostiopath as they kinda do both muscle and bone stuff but they are hard to find. I just don't think that a phsio will fix my neck.... it needs to be cracked I think.

#20 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

I know what you are saying!! And I do sneak in a few visits if needed, I just don't tell anyone wink.gif

#21 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

BAH - Dh will be home in a minute that means no fitness DVDS. There's no way in hell I am doing one in front of him, that would just cause a mountain of laughs LOL.

Might try and go for an hours walk this afternoon instead!! Hopefully he gets a call out and I can do it then!!

#22 allyr

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Ahh Symone. I'm like you and won't exercise in front of DH!

I got my walk in yesterday arvy, 30 mins of brisk walking. Will try again today, but hopefully for longer this time.

Matt, eat before the 30th! I went to a Baptism and lunch on the weekend. Lunch was supposed to be 11:30, but it was 2:30 before it was served. As a result I was ravenous and ate spring rolls, dim sims, garlic bread and potato bake!

Hi everyone else!

#23 3inJune

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Triple treat-So I shouldn't post pictures of the cupcakes then?! Tounge1.gif  Thanks for the ideas ladies original.gif  I do grow spinach so maybe I could give the Mum's bunches of spinach-can you imagine their faces LOL

Nae_Nae-I asked to join the facebook group a minute a go, my 'real' name is Colleen original.gif
I saw a physio about my neck and back yesterday and he was brilliant.  I have always seen chiros, much to my husbands dismay (science and all that jazz...)  I think the reason the chiro worked was because of the massage beforehand.  The physio did the same stuff as the chiro but just didn't 'crack' anything. Feels HEAPS better today and I go back on Monday for more of the same.  He said it's years of tightness and should be good to go in 3 treatments.  Then on to my knee!

Matt-  I have NO willpower for cake!  Pizza I love but can resist, cake and I am gone.  Exercise more and just enjoy it in moderation would be my advice.  I will burn an extra 400 or so cals if I know I am going to eat something diet unfriendly.

~**SYMONE**~-I hear you on doing the DVDS alone.  My husband wants me to do Zumba at home (I only do it at the gym).  I think he thinks I will look 'sexy' like the Zumba ads.  I think he would die laughing if he had to be subjected to my moves Tounge1.gif

#24 3inJune

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

~**SYMONE**~-I have the Polar FT7.  I got the men's version because I liked the colour better original.gif  It does all I need and was not too expensive.

I have already been to the gym this morning but only to deliver flowers to one of our creche ladies original.gif  She is leaving after 20 years!  She has looked after all of my children and it will be sad to not see her every week.

I will go back tonight and do Combat and Balance.  Nothing gets in the way of Tuesday night Combat!

#25 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

I was thinking the FT4 3inJune...do you have any idea of what the difference is?? They are on eBay for $85 including postage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.