New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

GOLD!!!!

Yippee - hope this brings good luck!!

AND I got my positive OPK today!! Ovulation should be tomorrow so lots of BDing for me!! Happy weekend everyone!

#3 Sassy Dingo

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

Have fun finger's crossed! I have to admit, it isn't as fun when you know you have to do it.

I'm just waiting around now. I'm either 7 or 8 days PO. POAS this morning, but negative, but it is probably too early anyway, especially with the internet cheapies I have. It is so annoying, I think every little twinge is a sign and I'm just tying myself in knots.

How are you going 1982blair?

#4 1982blair

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Well today was 13 DPO for me and I was starting to think this might be my month and plucked up the courage to do a HPT but it was a BFN and then to add insult to injury AF showed her ugly head this arvo, devastated!  I guess we can just move on and start again though but with daily blood tests this month to pick up the LH surge!  Its awful but both my DH and I are bored of BD'ing because we have to I want ot to go back to because we want to!  Think if this next round of clomid doesn't work that will be it for a while not sure I can cope with the continual disappointment!

Good luck to you Sassy Dingo and everyone else keeping everything crossed for you all!

#5 Thylacine

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi ladies waves.gif ,

I'd like to join this group as I will be starting on clomid next cycle. (Currently waiting to O, so have this cycle to get through first)

A bit about me: I am 34 and DP is 35, we started TTC in Aug 2011.

An u/s in 2008 showed I have PCO, ttc blood tests in Nov 2010 came back normal.  My cycle used to be pretty regular but since Dec last year has been very irregular. I had my first FS appointment last week, she did a u/s which shows I am now only borderline PCO. She has prescribed clomid to regulate my cycle, but it's a very low dose; 25mg (half a 50mg pill) each day for 5 days. Has anyone else been on such a low dose? I've only heard of people starting on 50mg per day. Also having more blood tests this month and again when I start on the clomid.

DP just had an SA - morphology 3% but everything else was OK - his GP says this shouldn't be a problem as the better than average motility, volume etc cancel out the low morphology, but the FS I saw said 3% is definitely a problem and that we were not likely to conceive without IVF. So she's recommended we give the clomid a try for 3 cycles before we start on IVF. I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that.

Fingers Crossed - I noticed on the previous page you asked about a HyCoSy. I asked my FS if we would be doing one of those before starting the clomid and she said that as it was invasive, she didn't think it was necessary at this point because we already know that my irregular cycles and DPs low sperm morph are causing the problem. I was a bit surprised at the time, and even more surprised now that I think about it again. Just because we know I have irregular cycles, doesn't mean I can't have blocked tubes as well. Maybe I'll ask again next appointment.

Anyway, that's me. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better and hearing about your own experiences.

original.gif

Edited by Thylacine, 25 April 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#6 Sassy Dingo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

Thylacine - Welcome to the group. Hopefully your stay will be short! Let us know how you go when you ask about the HyCoSy. I haven't had one either, I'm wondering whether I should get one as well, or if it is like getting a MRI for a cough (as in completely over the top reaction).

1982blair - So sorry that this wasn't your month. I know what you mean about the scheduled sex though - it really takes all the joy out of it doesn't it.

AFM - I'm still just waiting around. I'm either 12 or 13 DPO now and I haven't gotten my period yet. I did a HPT this morning which was negative, but it was only an internet cheapie so hopefully it is just not very sensitive...I know that sounds a bit delusional but I still have a small shred of hope!

#7 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Sassy Dingo - when does your AF usually arrive? are you technically late? Am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for you!! Will you be testing again tomorrow?

Thylacine - welcome to the group and good luck with your clomid cycles - heres hoping you wont need to take the IVF step. It sounds similar to me although we are still waiting for DH SA results but our fs said to try clomid for 3-6 months and then move to IVF - all very scary and am really hoping we wont need to go there!!. Thanks for the info too re the HyCoSy - will def ask the fs when I have my next appointment

1982 Blair - sorry to hear AF arrived and you and DH are struggling with it all! I know what you mean - it does start to feel like a chore which sucks! I had always imagined it would be this really romantic time!! Ha!

AFM - I am now 4dpo and ovulated on my own without clomid on day 26 of my cycle - we managed to BD heaps in the run up and on O day so am quietly hoping we wont need to cash in our clomid script for the next cycle! Who knows though - I feel like its so impossible at the moment!!

Caught up with a friend whos preggers (Fell first cycle off the pill) and it made me sad - god Im nasty arent i?!! So happy for her but I want that to be me!!

So I have my first nurse appointment on Tuesday to run through my first clomid cycle and whats involved - do you girls know what happens at these appointments?

#8 1982blair

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Glad to hear you are hopeful Sassy Dingo keeping everything crossed for you!  I hope this is your month

Thylacine welcome and hopefully you won't be hanging around here too long!  Yes let us know about the HyCoSy

Fingers Crossed where are you at in your cycle at the mo??  Hope all is going well for you!

AFM I am CD4 and started taking my 200mg of clomid last night and am booked in for daily BTs from CD10 until the LH surge is detected but there are still no talks of a scan which I find strange! Trying to feel positive that this will be our month!

#9 Thylacine

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Sassy Dingo - Have you tested again? I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Fingers Crossed - People who fell first cycle always make me feel jealous too. But In a weird way part of me is glad it's taken a bit longer for me because I feel like I've learnt more about myself (and human nature as well) and that I will appreciate my BFP all the more when it happens. I'm ready for the life lesson to be over now though!

1982 Blair - good luck for this cycle. Now that I know you're on 200mg clomid, my 25mg seems even more pathetic. Do you mind me asking how long you've been on it for? And what dose you started on?

I'll let you all know what the FS says when I ask about the HyCoSy again, my next appointment is in June.

My EWCM started yesterday so I guess I'm going to O soon. My last chance to conceive unassisted! Not really holding out much hope though - it looks like my cycle will be around 38 days again this time, which is probably too long. Oh well, clomid next cycle so onwards and upwards!

#10 Sassy Dingo

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

Thylacine - Good luck this month!

1982blair - Good luck with your cycle this month. You find it strange you don't get ultrasounds and I find it strange I don't get blood tests!

Finger's Crossed - good luck over the next few days. How are you telling that you're ovulating? I do the OPK but I have never gotten a positive - and this is after the Ob tells me when I'm going to ovulate.

AFM - I did a HPT this morning, which was negative again. It's day 29 today so hopefully AF will turn up sometime soon and I can try again - my cycles are very variable anytime from 28-52 days, although if I ovulated when the Ob said I would, I would expect AF to be turning up very soon. Guess that's one good thing about clomid - just when you're down in the dumps from getting a negative, you can psych yourself up quickly as you start another round a week or so later.

#11 1982blair

Posted 29 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

Sassy Dingo what time of day do you do the OPK's??  Just a thought as I did them in the morning and never saw a positive and then I read somewhere around 2pm was the best time of day to do it and since then I have picked up a positive each month but only on one day?  Keeping everything crossed you get a BFP anyway so you won't even need to worry about OPKs!!

Thylacine 200mg is a large dose of clomid, most FS start you on either 25mg or 50mg!  This is my 4th round this time!  I already have a DD and had clomid then as well and I never ovulated with less than 200mg hence the large dose this time, I did one round of 50mg then one round of 100mg this time and then my Dr put it straight upto 200mg!  I guess I'm lucky as I don't seem to get any side effects from it but then that makes me wonder if it is actually working!!  Any luck with your ovulation??  Fingers crossed this is your month and you don't need any assistance!

Fingers crossed! Good luck with you 2WW now, will keep everything crossed for you! Oh and you are not nasty feeling a bit sad when someone else is expecting I think its natural!  I cried earlier today when my friend told me she was expecting her 4th (she will have 4 under 4!) I am really pleased for her but jealous as hell too!!  Good luck with your appointment on tuesday let us know how you go!

AFM nothing to report on CD5 which is day 3 of the clomid for me, no side effects and just want the next week or so to be over so we can get on with the BDing and hoping and praying that this is our month!

#12 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hi ladies

Hope you are having a good weekend

Sassy Dingo - you asked how I knew I was ovulating? Well Ive been charting using fertility friend since coming off the pill and also got a positive OPK last cycle and this cycle - that followed by a big temp rise shows I ovulate... oh and I also get a large amount of EWCM during the 5 days up to O so I get a bit of warning too which is good!! Hopefully either AF will turn up soon for you so you can get started on the next round or you never know.... that BFP could be on the horizon!

Blair1982 - Good that you dont get any side effects - I think Im most worried about that for me? What number clomid cycle is this for you? Thanks for the good luck for Tuesday - will fill you all in

AFM - am 6DPO and just waiting now..... either for AF or (keeping all my fingers and toes crossed) that elusive BFP!!! went for a coffee with a friend today and told her about my PCOS diagnosis and everything and it felt good to get it off my chest

been feeling a little sick and dizzy today and a bit wobbly which of course my DH took as a good sign but its wayyyyy too early for that given Im only 6DPO!!!!

#13 1982blair

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Fingers Crossed!! This is cycle number 4 for us this time! We did 6 round plus IUI and injections last time with no luck and then I fell naturally as soon as we stopped all the treatments.  I hate all of this I just wish it was easy to fall, I have friends who only have to look at their DH's to get pregnant!  Its so unfair at times!!  Oh and it may not be too early for symptoms for you!  I know everyone says that you can't get symptoms until the egg has implanted but I started puking the day after I conceived with my DD and didn't stop until I gave birth!  Fingers crossed for you!

#14 1982blair

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

Oh also meant to say Fingers Crossed I always take my clomid at night just before bed so if I do get any of the side effects I sleep right through them!  I very occasionally get hot flashes but I'm not sure that is clomid related!

#15 Sassy Dingo

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well AF just turned up for me today. 34 day cycle. I thought the clomid was supposed to regulate your cycle? Do you ladies think that this round didn't work considering that it was long? I was doing OPKs but never got a positive either, but I was doing them after work, so about 6pm every day - I have the dip ones and I didn't want to really pee in a cup at work.

#16 1982blair

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:11 PM

Sorry to hear that AF showed up Sassy Dingo  sad.gif Umm I don't know if the clomid didn't work this month, you had a USS that showed good follicles didn't you??  Clomid hasn't really regulated my cycle either (first round 21 days round two 23 days and then round three was 32 days) but I have i have ovulated the last 2 rounds.  Have you been doing BBT's, that would tell you if you had ovulated?  I read that doing OPK's between 2 and 10pm was the best time but then my Dr told me that for some woman they would only show up for like a few hrs on one day so if you don't test in that time you will never see a positive?  How about BT's next round?  I have just started daily blood tests and its a bind going every day but at least I will know the results are accurate.  Fingers crossed next month is your month tthumbs.gif

#17 Sassy Dingo

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Thanks 1982blair - I was just a bit disappointed this month, I could have sworn I had some symptoms. I guess I was just trying to find a reason for the BFN this month - thinking that although I had some good follicles on the US, they may not have made it to maturity. The Ob estimated ovulation around the 15-16th of April, so I was just thinking that 14 days after that would have meant AF would have arrived around the 30th. Admittedly it did only turn up a few days later on the 3rd of May, but O is 14 days before AF arrives right? I'm just thinking that I need to expand the sex window. DH will be pleased.

Did anyone else's partners really look forward to finding out their SA results? DH is quite keen to find out his stats.

Finger's Crossed - how are you going this month? Any news yet?

#18 1982blair

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

I completely understand where you are coming from Sassy Dingo I was really sure that I had symptoms last month sad.gif Your follicles may not have made it to maturity but I guess that is something you will never really know unless you do your temps??  I started doing mine a few months ago and that is the only way to be certain that you did ovulate although its not much help in the fact that you don't know you did for a few days after it happened but it is kind of reassuring too?  O isn't necessarily 14 days before AF I tend to only have a 12 day luteal phase, anything from 10-16 days is normal.  I think with the whole sex thing unless you know for sure when you know you are going to O then go for an every other day pattern to cover all bases?  I would def be speaking to your FS about blood tests this round though as that will help you guess a bit more accurately!  I'm starting to look like a pin cushion though I guess that is the down side to daily blood tests!  Ha ha yes mh DH was looking forward to finding out his SA results too but I watched the colour drain from his face when they read them out as it was like only 7% had normal morphology and he thought there was something wrong with him but it was all fine and completely normal!!

How are the rest of you ladies going?? Any news??

#19 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

Hi ladies

Sorry I havent been around much! Was silently optimistic about this month for me as had all the pregnancy symptoms and just felt like this was it! Sadly AF arrived at the weekend but was very different to normal - had really bad AF cramps all Saturday but only minor spotting but then overnight it went full heavy flow and cramps went away - seems to nearly be over already so a very odd end to the cycle!!

Oh well onto clomid then! Start taking it tonight and am booked into my first blood test next Tuesday to see how I am tracking.. Am atually quite scared (a) about the side effects and (b) if this doesnt work, am scared of the next options!!

We get DH SA results back at the end of this week too...

So are we all at the beginning of our cycle? It would be good to have some support at the same time!

#20 1982blair

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:17 AM

Umm that does sound like a strange cycle Fingers Crossed!! are you going to do a HPT before you start taking the clomid tonight??  I know its really hard but don't be scared about it and don't think about the what ifs, I think positivity does help!  I'm CD 14 of my cycle just waiting for the big O to happen!  At the Dr's later to get the results of the BTs I have been having done daily and to get more done so hopefully that will give m some idea how near that is to happening for me! Good luck  biggrin.gif

#21 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Thanks 1982Blair - wasnt planning on doing a HPT before clomid as I got a BFN on CD10 and this is wayy too much of an AF I think for it to be anything else? What do you think though? Are you meant to do a HPT before you start clomid?

Good luck with your blood test today - let us know what the results are

#22 Sassy Dingo

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:06 AM

Finger's Crossed - I didn't do a HPT but it certainly can't hurt. I'm on Day 5 so just a few days ahead of you. Don't worry about the side effects, on my first day ever I got a bit queasy, but after that, nothing. I think Blair said she takes hers of a night to minimise them - that didn't even occur to me my first time.

Hope we all have good luck this month!

Anyone heard from smallbump? She still doing well?

#23 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hey SassyDingo - wow we really are all on similar times in our cycle! Hopefully we can give each other good luck this month..!

Yeah I think I will take the clomid tonight before going to bed and am really hoping I dont get too many side effects - will let you guys know

Im still confused as to how this is going to help - I have been able to pinpoint O for the last three cycles and BDed loads on and around O day but nothing - I get that clomid could make me ovulate earlier which gives me more chances each year but is that all or does it make us have stronger better eggs?

I feel like I am pinning all my hopes on this drug and really dont want to be disappointed!!

No - havent heard from smallbump - fingers crossed everything is going well for her x

#24 Fingers Crossed!!

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:30 PM

So am on CD3 and took my first clomid pill last night.... am actually nervous now I have started clomid

Hate all the unknown elements to TTC!!

How are you ladies?

#25 1982blair

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yup I do take my clomid at night as my FS told me that was the best time to take it so you could sleep off any side affects but I really do not think it makes that much difference!  I only asked about the HPT Fingers Crossed because I got told I must take one before starting on the clomid each round (not sure why though as when AF is there its pretty obvious its nothing to get excited about! But I just do it anyway!)  Wow its great that both you Sassy Dingo and Fingers Crossed!! are so close in your cycles, I wish you both luck this time!  I know it is hard but I think you should just try and relax Fingers Crossed!! clomid certainly isn't a miracle drug but it can help!  Yes would love to know how Smallbump is going!  Well I got the long awaited phone call from the Dr's today to say I was surging and to get at BD'ing tonight, tomorrow and the next day!  Keeping everything bar my legs crossed that this will be our month but also not getting my hopes up to much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Band

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.