Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#76 whatnamenow

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

well a positive post from me for once.

i dont know what i did but until this morning i was still sick.gif .  Everything that went down came straight back up again.  Woke up this morning and sick.gif like usual.  Then i had my pregnancy massage and boom.  by 11am i was suddenly wanting a sausage roll.  ( usually i hate the stuff )  Went down with DP to our local pie shop and ate a sausage roll, then decided well i kept that down so went for a  scone with jam and cream and then half a brownie......
Since then i've been fine.  In fact i just made dinner and ate a full plate.  I dont know what happened to suddenly change everything but i am very glad it did.  Last night saw me at 6:30  sobbing on the kitchen floor going "its not fair i just want to eat.  I'm so jealous of everyone else whos eating and i just cant do this anymore " ( imagine that in a sobbing whiny voice )

Meifong i have been getting minor cravings ( see above over the sausage roll ) but luckily the long lasting ones have been fairly healthy.  I went 2 weeks practically inhaling up to 15 mandarins a day.  I think as long as its only an occasional craving then its ok. ie sometimes i want some pretty unhealthy stuff and i want it so bad i can smell it.  Its like a drug addict needing its fix. As long as i only do that once a week and can stop at one then its ok.  If i want cheesecake but i eat the whole cake thats when its an issue.

I am glad everyones scan results are coming back so good.  We all really are pregnant by now arent we......

#77 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

Evening Ladies,

Everything OK here, just so so tired!!! Had 3 hours of meetings today at work, battle to stay awake.  

I have my CVS and first meeting at hospital with midwife in tuesday & thursday in 2 weeks,  I asked my boss for the whole week off, he said yes so as wll as looking forward to the results I am also just looking forward to a rest.  

Cravings: fresh bread - any thing sweet and bready, walking past a bread shop the smell of bread cooking makes me drool.  I think I ate my weight in hotcross buns over easter.  Other than that - only fruit juice. Hubby says the baby is boring - it only likes bread, he was expecting pickles or hot chips at midnight.

#78 franno

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:45 AM

Can you believe it ?!?!?!? My results were not back at my appt yday which I had moved from Mon morning as they told me they could push through to Mon arvo and change my appt to the arvo. Ob doesn't work the arvo and tues was a public holiday (in Singapore) so Wed it was. Sweaty palms in the car and arrive to nothing. They said they could chase and call me in the arvo with the results (we discussed the what ifs already with the ob) and they never did. I was calling from 3-6pm both their lines and only the blinking answer phone. So now it's thurs after being promised Mon!!! Hope they come through today.

Not sure if I mentioned earlier that during the scan on Sat the scanner said it was too early to tell sex but if she had to guess she would say girl? Well yday asked the ob (she scans every visit) and she said too early to tell but if I had to guess I would say boy! Haha so who do I believe? DH says he doesn't care and neither do I but he had a grin from ear to ear so I thought I wanted another girl but now I want a little boy for him. Going to ask again in 2 weeks she said it looked like something but could have been umbilical cord.

Also we talked about amnio and she said she doesn't recommend if we are under 1:300 chance of DS but understands us wanting too if it's higher. She does them herself and has had 2 losses in 30 years but said her colleague is even better than her and in my case (assuming because I had 2 miscarriages) she would send me to him. Cool huh?

Edited by franno, 03 May 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#79 tanglez

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

Greetings fellow preggi folk!

Franno ARGH I am feeling your frustration, how darn annoying sad.gif I seriously hope you only have one more sleep before you find out the test results! As we don't have enough things to be patient for lol!

CPM Mmmmm fresh bread! Great news about the time off, I bet there are few people around who could use a nice break, and it sounds like you will need it with all that!

Charlottesmum Fingers and toes crossed that your turn around i the beginning of the end of sickness and the start of EATING!

Meifong I give in to my cravings, perhaps a little too often but as long as I am eating a healthy balanced diet an exercising regularly I figure a few treats a week wont hurt!

TJ Super Awesome news!

I wont go back further or it wll just get too long,  will just say, I have been following and thinking of you all original.gif

AFM To be honest I feel I'm losing it this week sad.gif I am exhausted and work has been pretty stressful. Plus, my partner and I don't live together yet which I was ok with but I am really starting to feel alone, it doesn't help that he is so busy with work that I get even less time with him than I'm used to. I've ended up a sobbing mess more than a few nights recently sad.gif Well enough whinging, need to cook dinner and get some more work done before bed original.gif Much love and belly rubs!

#80 franno

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:05 PM

So they finally called me with the results this morning and all good!

1:4336 for trisomy 21 (downs)
1:10000 for trisomy 18
1:34000 for trisomy 13

#81 luckynumber2

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Its been wonderful reading about your scans. At last my turn was up. My DB and I went to our first 12 week scan yesterday and it was all great! The staff were fantastic (Boyd Street Medical Centre Tweed Heads). A healthy and VERY active little bundle appeared on a massive TV screen and it really shocked us. DB cried. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders in so many ways. I conceived while on holidays in Thailand in Feb and I was drinking nice cold beer like you wouldn’t believe, and smoking cigies, I had no idea I was pregnant. When I found out I was pregnant in March I didn't think bub had a chance,  I also have family history of defects – so I am v relieved. We have been in hiding keeping my pregnancy to ourselves, people have been wondering where I have been for two months! So it was time to start telling people the fantastic news. I sat on my phone for 4 hours phoning everyone. Its finally happened and it’s just wonderful. BTW my gorgeous  girlfriend got me “pregnancy and birth” mag today. Very interesting. Just reading it now. I will let you know if I find any interesting info.

#82 luckynumber2

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I have been waiting to hear from you Franno - great results! I had to look up the trisomy 18/13 again cause I couldn't recall what they were. Great numbers.

#83 franno

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

Haha TJ one of them is going to have had a lucky guess :-)

Congrats Rachel that's awesome I bet everyone is so thrilled for you. It's lovely seeing people be so excited to hear your news. Ps I told both my friends who had had MC recently and one had a termination at 20 weeks in Feb - they were all awesome and so so gracious!!

#84 emnut

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Franno - awesome odds & glad that the friends you were worried about telling took the news graciously.  So hard for all of you & I'm sure that your thoughtfulness helped.

Rachel - glad all went well & you are now telling people - how sweet of your gf

Tanglez - that is so hard with not having him around much & dealing with the overwhelming emotions.

AFM - I am super emotional about everything today.  Finally had my meltdown from the blood results that I knew was coming, have a few cases at work that I'm a tad worried about, this morning had a massive meltdown after hitting a pothole in my car & totally wrecking the wheel (plus finding out that my spare was flat & because it was bald tha actual tyre needed replacing too) & one of my SIL's on the phone in tears because of the changes that are being made to the parent payment in the budget & her not knowing if she will be able to finish the degree she has poured her heart & sole into over the past 2 years come July 2013.  Think I'm gonna go back to bed & sulk until it's time to go get DS now that I"m alone.

#85 mellmatho

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:30 PM

Had my NT scan today.. Wont have the full results back until my next appt on the 16th, but it measured 1.8mm so Im happy about that:).
Bubs is measuring 12w 2 days so new EDD is 15th November:) I was 12 weeks today.. Heart rate is 153bpm original.gif

Will post a pic in the scan section shortly

#86 BulaFiji

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hi,

Congratulations to you all on your pregnancy.  I would like to be added to this group, I hope I am in the correct group?  There are a few different threads that are due in Nov so I thought I would join the latest one.  Does anyone know if there are chats/groups for each state, or are they just general for everyone in Austrlaia? Im in Adelaide and Im also due in November 8th.  I am 38 and it took me 2 years of trying and finally on Valentines Day we conceived for the first time original.gif
I have been suffering from nausea, it was all day and night but thank god now that Im 13 weeks the nausea has considerably reduced and I only feel it on occasions.  I was suffering from bad indigestion but thank god this week no indigestion what a relief.  I cant take my preg multi tablets as they give me intigestion.  However I am still vomitting once a day, it tends to be at nights after dinner.  Im trying to work out what baby likes to eat.  Its been very difficult tyring to find something to eat as I have no cravings and dont have an appetite.  Is anyone else having difficulty knowing what to eat?  I cant cook for myself as food makes me want to gag so my DP is doing all the cooking.  I am on maxalon but this hasnt really stopped me from vommitting, feel like its not doing a thing.  So far I like to eat vegemite on toast every day for breakfast and I can eat roast chicken, vegies and soups, breads, potatoes, macdonalds cheesbergers and any carbs.  Baby doesnt like herbs and spices, no bbq meat, no fried foods, no tomatoe based sause, some fruits give me intigestion so its been very difficult to try and eat 2 fruits a day.  Is everyone else still having small snacks eg crackers every 1-2 hours?  I find it so difficult to find something to eat for lunch while I am at work, all the shops have salads for sandwiches which have bene sitting there all day.  Does anyone have any suggestions on takeaway foods to eat at lunch time?  Brushing my teeth also makes me vomit, cant stand the taste of fluride so I just bought aloe vera tooth paste with no fluride will try it tonight and hope I dont vomit, really hard not being able to brush your teeth!

#87 Ang1982

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Doppler turned up today so I had a go not expecting too much. Pretty sure I got it but I guess it will take a few goes to know if I'm doing it right. Definently have to be heart beat I reckon as my heart doesnt go that fast. So relieved original.gif

#88 tanglez

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Thank you for all the warm messages! My DP and I will be moving in together in July so thankfully we will get a little time before bubs comes! He came over last night and must have seen how tired and sad I looked because he just held me and said "what can I do to support you?" Bless him, he is simply gorgeous, and a man of his word too!

FRANNO - YAY I am so happy to see your results, I was starting to get anxious with the wait lmao!

Rachel5 - Hahahahaha, it is pretty exciting being able to tell people, you had yourself quite a marathon there Big congrats on everything being AOK!

TJ - No news is good news!

EMNUT - hugs, that sounds awful sad.gif There is a super fat full moon coming on Sunday, seriously, it is going to be huge as it is closer to Earth than it has been in a long time! Astrologically I don't know what it means, but I do know that my students and colleagues have been BONKERS last couple days, crying, fighting, tantrums you name it, so fingers crossed a lot of the madness is moon induced and will ease up real soon!

MELMATHO - Yay for fabulous active bubs! Keep us posted on the results!

BULAFIJI - Hi and welcome! I laughed when I read your post because I went through a stage where all I wanted was roast chicken and vegies with gravy! Couldn't handle anything spicy or Asian in flavour! Now I can't stand the thought of chicken and could happily live on grapes, apples, red curries, pumpkin and lemon cordial!

As for me - TGIF original.gif Looking forward to a relaxing weekend! Take care all... much love and belly rubs

#89 emnut

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:35 PM

Ang - enjoy the doppler

Tanglez - I'm actually hoping the moon doesn't affect everyone this weekend (though it already seems to be) - I work in the public mental health system & am working tomorrow & Sunday nights & dreading it

Ang - enjoy the doppler

Tanglez - I'm actually hoping the moon doesn't affect everyone this weekend (though it already seems to be) - I work in the public mental health system & am working tomorrow & Sunday nights & dreading it

#90 whatnamenow

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

How is everyones long weekend going?

I've been taking it fairly easy but have some epic back pain today and i have 2 extra kids sleeping over tonight so it will be interesting.  But i've got roast pork in the oven, I'm getting married in less than 7 weeks and today is my last day in the first trimester!!!  So life is good.

As a little bit of funny news several friends and I were going to go on a cruise in October and while we were going to start TTC while on the cruise we were all adament that no pregnancy was going to stop us from cruising.  One by one every lady ( of able to be pregnant age ) has now anounced their pregnancy!

A big hello to all the new pregnant ladies joining our DIG.  I am loving having everyone in here to know exactly what i am going through.

Enough of me just thought i had to post as while i have been lurking its been looking quite dead in here.  Hopeing that this will spark off some more conversation.

#91 luckynumber2

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:36 PM

Thank you for everyones lovely messages! Is anyone feeling moody this weekend? Maybe its the full moon, maybe its 2nd trimester hormones, but this morning I was as cranky as a hung over Mel Gibson. I yelled out all my frustrations at my DB and I wonder how often I am going to feel like this @ 13 weeks I was expecting things to settle down not ramp up in the anger 100 fold! ha!

#92 CLT

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi everyone,
I've been just lurking around since 6 weeks pregnant and I'm almost 13 weeks now! Sorry for not introducing myself earlier as I wanted to ensure my 12 weeks scan is ok. This is my second baby and feeling very blessed even though I've MS since week 4....my DD is 19 mo and it took us 2.5 years. We started trying for this baby when DD turned 13 mo and fell pregnant on the third cycle.
I'm due on 14/11 and have booked my c-section for the 5/11 as DD was big and breech. When the ob delivered her, the paed said she was way too big to be delivered through vBac.
Still Bf and hoping to nightwean her soon as I'm constantly exhausted and she is still not sleeping through.
Anyway, hope everyone has a nice weekend! original.gif

#93 franno

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:50 AM

Hi clt welcome and congrats! I am due the same day as you (well l i hop between 12th and 14th as different scan results). I hope the ms settles down soon. Our DD took a long time to conceive too (not as long as you) and the subsequent 3 pregnancies have always come about on the 2nd month of trying (the third seems to be the sticky). Good luck with the weaning. I weaned DD at 16 months and it was really hard by that stage (she would have been easier at 11 or 12 months as she wasn't too interested)!but I wanted to say I couldn't wean till someone else took over bedtime ( my helper but maybe your DH?) and then it was easy (they have to go to her in the night too) so win win for you as you shouldn't get some more well deserved sleep.

Rachel5 - so moody. I didn't have the motivation to do anything over the weekend and generally not very excited about life. Couldn't figure out what was wrong I have wanted to be pregnant for so long, wanted to get past first trimester and now I have everything I want why aren't I shouting from the rooftops? Grumpy, tired and a bit sick (but of a cough).

Charlottes mum - does that mean you're not going on the cruise ?????

I have been dreading Monday. 24 weeks left of work. Normally love work and my job and don't mind Monday's but argh spent the whole weekend dreading it. DD has had a cough for 3 weeks. Got worse fri night took her to the paed Fri and he said allergies and she is on the medicine. She is getting better with the medicine but still coughing and temp elevated (but not a temp) at approx 37 in mornings then 37.3 ish in the afternoons. What's going on?????

#94 whatnamenow

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Franno nope, none of us can now go on the cruise.  You cannot cruise if you are more than 24 weeks on the date you return and since the cruise was meant to be Oct 27 and I am due Nov 12th i well and truely miss the cut off.  My good friend is now due christmas day so she misses out as well.  But she moved her cruise to the week before my wedding.  We for obvious reasons didnt have that option.  I do feel a bit sorry for them though.  They get off the ship at about 9am sat and have to drive straight the 4 hours back to our town to go straight to our wedding.

New plan for us is to go boxing day 2013 with the new baby.  You also cant cruise with a baby under 1 years old so we have to leave it till then.    i can understand the reasoning behind it.  Imagine going into premature labour in the middle of the pacific ocean.  or your newborn suddenly needing emergency hospital care that they cant provide.

I am well and truely enjoying the fact that it is a public holiday here in qld. No work today!!!

Rachel 5 My DP can tell you just how moody i have been the last couple of days.  I have blown my top at him and at the poor kids.   I finally seem to be coming back to normal moods.  In fact at one point late last week i threw my engagement ring back at DP screaming at him that he didnt really love me and that he just felt obligated now that i'm pregnant!!  Considering he proposed June last year and has been taking such good care of me nothing could be further from the truth

CLT  Thanks for finally joining in.  Having had several miscariages in the past i can understand wanting to wait. I hope that this pregnancy goes very well for you and that the M/S settles down for you.

#95 ~A2~

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Why are there so few sexy maternity bras?

Rather than feeling ashamed of their post-baby bodies, women should be free to buy lingerie that makes them look attractive and pretty - no matter what stage of life they're in.

Toddler Alliyah one step closer to first trip home

She has lived the first 14 months of her life in a hospital intensive care unit, but Alliyah Broadby's parents hope to finally take their little girl home with them.

'Put people before IVF profits': IVF pioneer Alan Trounson

IVF could be done for hundreds of dollars in Australia instead of $8500 if clinics stopped charging what ''the market will handle'', a pioneer of the technology says.

Expectant parents urged to swap the pub for bub

Nearly one in five women drink while pregnant, but a current campaign is trying to drive down that unhealthy statistic.

Nutella supplies threatened by bad weather

There's bad news for fans of Nutella, the gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread.

The cost of growing your own vegies

Does it make financial sense to grow your own veggies, or are you better off ordering produce from the local food co-op?

Breastfeeding mums less likely to suffer from PND, but all need support

A new study has shown the a complex relationship between a mother?s intention to breastfeed, her ability to do so, and postnatal depression.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Going viral

Mum gives birth at school

After four decades in the industry, pest controller John Birkett couldn't believe what he found in one woman's bedroom.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.