Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#51 Batmansunderpants

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Congrats on all the good results. Our scan went well but won't get results till next week. Nasal bone present and nuchal fold 0.13cm. I measured at 6 days ahead of m last scan, so my new due date 02.11.2012.

Charlottes mum, I was married in Fiji hn pregnant with my son. I was 22 weeks.

Monkey - I hope you get some rest soon.

I will be back later to do personals. I have a horrid cold and just need a short rest.

#52 whatnamenow

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:18 PM

saw my GP today for my check up and to get my referral for my NT scan and..  after a long talk he talked me out of getting it done.  As we would never consider termination and already look after 3 kids with special needs including one with the same genetic syndrome as i have we will just accept what we get.   DP and i are already fairly convinced that this one will have EDS like DD and I do.  ( well we are prepared for that to be the case ) so no NT scan for me.  Got my referral off to the local hospital but they dont see anyone until 20 weeks up here so got awhile to go before my first antenatal appointment.

SpringChickadee  will try and get photo's of my dress soon.  Its strapless sweetheart neckline with lace cover with pearl beading.  It then has a lace bolero jacket.  i bought it when i fell in love with it 12 months ago.  Before i was officially engaged even.  DP had told me that sometime last year he would propose but that he wanted the when to be a surprise so when i saw the dress at a really really good price i had to grab it.

I finally bit the bullet and told my mother today.  She was upset and angry,  but about an hour later she emailed me and told me she was sorry for her reaction.  We are having lunch with her tomorrow so will see how she is.

#53 franno

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Wahoo on the scans!! Mine is tomorrow morning but still have to wait for the blood results. I will be either 11w5d going by LMP or 11w3d by my scans.
Still feeling sick but not as bad.

Ps sorry for the croup Mothers. DD had it for the first time recently and it was really horrible and scary!

#54 tanglez

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Absolutely awesome news about everyone's scans, it really does feel like we have "graduated" or something now with scan results and the two dig's after us hehehe!

Sorry for no personals tonight but it has been a really emotional cpl days. The last straw for me was going to my doctor thinking that it was just to confirm the great scan and blood test results but it was actually to talk about a subchorionic haemorrhage they found sad.gif I know they said it is more common than one would think and they mostly resolve themselves and I just need to take it easy but I guess it would be nice to hear from anyone who has either experienced this or knows something they can share. I had a look through the other forums here but wanted this group to be my first port of call. Guess I am just needing a little reassurance and comfort!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Love and belly rubs original.gif

#55 tanglez

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Ok, just one personal! Extra hugs for charlottesmum and fingers crossed mum is really apologetic and much easier to be around! I know all too well how hard it is having a parent that you dread telling so hopefully she is full of pleasant surprises for you original.gif

#56 caroldiem

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hey tanglez

They found a small subchorionic haemorrhage at my 7 week scan it was inferior to the gestational sac and was only 1ml i have had no bleeding throughout my pregnancy so i am assuming my uterus will just absorb it back and it will normally dissapear by the 12 week scan. I brought it up with my OB and the first thing he said was "This is the problem with all the new technology we have these days that these things get picked up" basically he meant there is nothing to worry about. The Ob said in most cases it's harmless i think it could only be a threat to miscarriage if it's larger then the gestational sac and doesn't shrink/dissapear. What did your GP say were they concerned? remember your GP is a general practitioner not a OB or midwife if u haven't had any bleeding i wouldn't worry i am sure it will all be fine

#57 franno

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Tanglez, I have had this twice. The first time preg with DD and I didn't know. I had a big bleed fresh blood early in the morning at at 9.5 weeks and as none of us knew why I was bleeding the A&E told me I could be losing the baby. No cramping. Fast forward a few hours and DD was happily wriggling away on the scan and I had follow up brown blood and spotting for a few days.
With the 2nd one (my third preg) they could see it and she just said it might be absorbed naturally or you might pass it so I was less worrid about bleeding (ended up having D&C due to no HB).

I have also read that the risk is when it's bigger than sac which should be getting less and less of a risk to you?

Good luck and don't freak out too much if you start bleeding as at least you know it's most likely the clot and nothing to do with bubs (easily said) but I had had a pap the day before and bleed from it so the following morning we thought it was a follow up of that so I wasn't freaking it too much.

#58 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

Morning,

Grrr grumpy pregnant woman.   I am getting a bit jealous of every one having their 12 week scans,  mine is still in 2 1/2 weeks.  I know I am 10weeks, but my GP keep writing 9w on everything.  I know my dates down to the hour I ovulated, nobody ever asks that.  When I had my dating scan, they said I was 8 weeks, which I was, but gave me a due date of Nov 22 (not Nov 25) but said if the scan is within 5 days of the LMP dates they just use dates.  This has been the longest 3 months of my life, hopefully I will feel better when I can talk to people about it IRL.  Hubby is really suportive, but somethings he just doesnt get.  

*TMI alert*  mostly whats making me grumpy is that I have been really constipated for the last week or so. I am bloated gassy and sick of needing to go and nothing happening.  I have tried metamucil, prunes, olive oil, I had strong coffee this morning, doesnt seem to be working, I am trying to drink as much fluids as I can.  I am going to buy some pear juice today.  

I have had 2 people in 2 days straight out ask if I was pregnant.  Its not a baby bump, its my fat, bloated belly!!.  If I havent told you myself and obvioulsy havent told my family why would I tell you, what do you want, a gold star for guessing?!?  

Sorry for the long rant, thanks for letting me vent.  hopefully in a couple of weeks I can be happy and excited again.

#59 emnut

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

CPM - I hear you on the frustration of being asked by people - I was very early on in the pregnancy because I was sick.  Hope it eases for you soon - it is so uncomfortable when you are constipated.

Tanglez - I had quite a large one with my DS.  Because it was large I was put on bedrest & it did bleed out (so had a lot of big bleeds) by about 15 weeks or so - wasn't there when I had my scan at 19 weeks.

Hi to everyone else.  Have to spend some time with DS before going to work.

#60 tanglez

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone! That is exactly what I needed to hear! You know those times where you know that it should all in theory be ok and that worrying wont help but you just need an extra nudge or three (yeah, we all know the feeling, it is how we felt until week twelve when we all let out a huge sigh of relief lmao!) Anyway, it is smaller than the sac, with no bleeding and my GP was not at all concerned, simply said to take things easy for a bit and that they more often resolve themselves so not to worry original.gif Time for a weekend with my feet up I reckon (even if that means working in my PJs in bed!)

CPM - big hugs and belly rubs! How downright annoying to be treated as though others know better. We woman know our bodies and it sounds as though you know yours better than most, sending out an empathy GRRRRRRRRRRRR for you! As for your hubby, all I will say is "He is still a man". Not excusing poor behaviour with this phrase just acknowledging that men and women are very different in many ways. My partner is amazing but I still have times when I shake my head wondering how can he not GET IT wink.gif
Good luck with your scan franno, let us know how it went! And charlotetesmum, I tip my hat to you on your decision about the scan. I love how considered the choice was and your overall approach, kudos to you lady! Can't wait to see pic of your dress original.gif

#61 franno

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hey everyone, scan was good. She kept saying that if baby isnt in the right position I'll have to walk around and come back but baby performed perfectly. She kept saying that the baby was very co-operative doing exactly what she wanted her to do (I was very proud). Nasal bone present and nuchal fold 1.5mm which she said was good (I hope it is) she said it was too hard to tell sex and explained why and what would be boy and what would be girl and out baby's was sitting in the middle. She said if she had to guess she would say girl :-)
Little bubba had her little ankles crossed. So cute!!!!!
So the annoying thing is results won't be there by Monday morning appt so I have to move to Wed as Tues is a public holiday. Boo how 48 hours more to wait !!!

#62 Heather-Elizabeth

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

I haven't been around in a while. I was busy in the school holidays and picked up a few extra days of work this week, so I am exhausted. Z has been sick since last week, which has been very draining too.

Charlottesmum, I am not having the NT scan done, because like you, we wouldn't do anything if it did show something wrong. So my next scan isn't until 19/20 weeks.

I have a feeling Valentine is a boy, we wont be finding out, so I have a long wait to see if I am right. I was with DS. There are a lot of boys in my family though, so I have a more than 50% chance of being right original.gif

Only just past 10 weeks here, so still a few weeks until the 'safe' zone. I am hoping to be able to keep it secret for a fair while longer. I have told a few friends, and my family and DH's family know, but I am hoping to keep my boss in the dark. Especially when we have a new boss coming in a couple of weeks and I am a temp, so I can have my employment terminated any time the boss wants.

#63 Ang1982

Posted 29 April 2012 - 01:11 PM

Haven't been around for a while as m/s had a hold of me there for a while. Now easing of finally. 3 weeks of it was enough for me. Haven't done anything around the house for 3 weeks and hardly even got out of the house and as I just wanted to stay in bed. Still tired though.

CPM- I know how you feel atm I'm so depressed waiting for the 12w scan. I'm trying to stay positive but my mind wanders. All I can think about is my little bubs and every niggle stresses me and everytime I go to the loo I pray theres no bleeding. Can't wait to breathe in 23 days,be happy and enjoy my family and pregnancy. I too am extremely bloated look about 5 months along. Def can't be the baby as I'm only 9w along and the baby is still under my pb.

Starting last week every now and again at night when I'm trying to sleep I feel like tiny taps under my pb. Could it be bubs? or am I going crazy lol. This is bubs #4 preg #6.

#64 luckynumber2

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

[/size]I have been reading everyones posts about scans I got my paper work out for my blood test tomorrow,then I am ready for the ultrasound on Wednesday. SO EXCITED but also really scared.Once I get the results and fingers crossed they are good, me and DB can telleveryone. What a relief that will be-I haven’t even told my parents! I havebeen avoiding them for three months so naturally they are getting cranky withme. I spent all weekend at home relaxing. I have never, ever, in my life stayedhome all weekend and relaxed, even more amazing is that I don’t feel guilty! Ha!Will let you all know how Wednesday’s ultra sound goes-cant wait. biggrin.gif

[size="3"]

#65 smarkulin

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hi,
It has taken me some time to reply to this post. I had a scan at 19weeks, where a short nasal bone was found. After much deliberation we decided not to go ahead with the Amnio as we had fallen pregnant through IVF with our second child and I was turning 40 around the same time as the due date. We decided we would love our little boy regardless and prayed that he would be previlaged with good health. Part of the decision making process was that we had a very good NT and blood combined result and a short nasal bone was a "soft marker" for DS. Surprisingly this increased the risk by 50 times.

It was a horrible remainder of the pregnancy with not knowing and planning for all possibilities. The expectation that we would have the amnio by the genetic counsellor RNSH was very confronting.

As it turns out we now have a beautiful, energetic and intelligent little boy who does not have DS. He is a little more petite that other babies (being on the lower percentiles).

Apparently the test now focuses on whether there is a nasal bone or not. It does not matter the length (remember that the technicians often have trouble measuring it).

I really hope this gives others in a similar situation some comfort that all will be OK - I know I clung to that in other posts).

Love and hugs to all going through an uncertain time

xxxxooooooo

#66 mellmatho

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Good to hear everyones scans went well original.gif
Im booked in for friday (4/5/2012) to have mine, Im having it more for piece of mind, we wouldnt terminate, but certain factors(40kgs over weight this pregnancy, and 1.5yrs of non stop antibiotic use) have made us and the dr want to check and make sure all is good...

Ill be 12 weeks on friday, wonder if we will be able to get a hint on the sex?????
I feel its a boy.

#67 shoopdeboop

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

There's a due in January thread..? That must mean I am well and truly pregnant by now?! Wow. I'm only 11 weeks.
Most people know about it for us now, although I still haven't had the chance to tell my dad as he lives an hour away and we want to go and visit them in person rather than just call. Hopefully next weekend..
I had my first scan last week. It was so amazing to see the little baby waving its arms and legs around and moving about.
We weren't going to have the NT scan done but have decided we will just for another peek at baby  waves.gif Also I am reading too much about what even a little virus can do to the baby so I need my mind put to rest after the first trimester!
Not looking forward to the blood test though after my body's reaction to the last one!  unsure.gif

Have a good week everyone  cool.gif

#68 whatnamenow

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

urrgghh  horrible night/ weekend.   Lunch with mum ended up being an early dinner which meant driving home on country 100km an hour road in the dark.  While she tried being pleasant she didnt want to discuss baby at all and even offered me a glass of wine or how about some sangria darling its only a little bit of wine mixed with soft drink....

Came home to stomach pains/ back ache and headache that didnt end.  by sun morning i was vomiting and by 3am monday i was sobbing in bed and heading to the local hospital.

Sat in the waiting room for an hour even though it was dead cause they wanted to let the doctor get some sleep.  Then the doc couldnt get a vein for IV access so used the smallest one possible.  Which meant when they kicked me out 3 hours later i still hadnt gotten a quarter of the bag through.  they wouldnt give me zofran and tried me with maxalon first.  Then the doctor wouldnt believe me when i said i was still vomiting until the nurse witnessed it.  Finally they caved and gave me zofran all the while complaining about how much it costs them.  Then told me i could go home.  So i arrived home about 7am exhausted now starving because i finally wasnt sick.gif and i hadnt eaten since saturday at 4pm.
Finally i'm awake in time to start work in half an hour.  Woo Hoo...  Why am i pregnant again?  Can someone please remind me of the good things?

#69 luckynumber2

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

[/size]charlottesmum04-you poor darling! ohmy.gif I can’t believe thehospital would question you??!! What the??

I h
admy bloods taken today in preparation for Wednesday’s ultrasound. Interesting.The lady taking my blood had a form to fill in, she asked me two times why I didn’tknow if I was having multiples, (I haven’t yet had a scan) the doctors request actuallysaid “first scan @ 12 weeks” she wrote down the wrong dates on everything,forgot to weigh me (the ultra sound people need that to be recorded), I remindedher twice to weigh me, I could go on. I think she was just having a bad day,poor duck. BUT what the whole thing made me feel a bit uneasy. I have been rather laxydaisyabout everything so far but I realised today that I need arm myself up with allthe information I can to keep an eye on medico practitioners. I am goingto start keep reading, learning and of course sharing with you guys.

[size="3"]

#70 monkey83

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hi All,

Just a quick one from me.

charlottesmum04 - So sorry you had a horrible weekend.

I did not have a very good weekend at all. DD had croup on Thursday but we ended up back in hospital Saturday as she now has pneumonia. She is still in hospital so DH and I have been back and forward sharing the load. She is slowly getting better so hopefully she gets released soon.

It has completly taken my mind off this pregnancy and it is good that my mum is down at the moment and looking after me. I had to come into work today as we are a bit short and there was no one else to come in but hopefully they will let me go a little early.

Congrats to all those with good scans and I will post again a bit later.

Monkey.

#71 emnut

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

monkey - sorry to hear about your DD.  Hope she is home again asap & feeling better & that you & your DH are both managing to get some rest too

*howls* - congrats on selling the house & from your other thread finding a rental (wow they are expensive there)

rachel5 - yep definitely pays to be armed with basic information.  How stupid to as why you didn't know if was multiples when it was marked that you hadn't had your first scan yet.

charlottesmum - hope you are feeling better now & sucks about the bad treatment from the hospital

hi to everyone else

AFM - had my appointment today to get results of NT scan & bloods.  As I was told everything looks absolutely fine on scan so no worries there.  The bloods though have totally skewed my results to 1:65 for DS & 1:120 for the other trisomys.  As we half expected though, all but 1 of the bloods was within normal parameters.  So it is literally only my PaPP-A that has made my results what they are (it was extremely low).  So now I have the stress of knowing that the result is correlated with poor placenta formation/IUGR/premature birth/pre-eclampsia (all the issues I had with DS).  Because it was only that one blood that was out of whack & my history we have decided against any further testing.

We will be keeping a close eye on things, with most likely some extra scans thrown in to check placenta function & growth scans etc & as I get further on CTG's to confirm that baby is coping ok.

Now though to unstress about what my mind has decided is pretty much expecting another early arrival, and wrapping my head around there being nothing I can do to control it other than trust in my ob's judgement on monitoring and treatment of any issues.

#72 christmasiscoming

Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping this MS starts to ease up soon  sick.gif  It's making starting the day sooo much harder, especially with two littlies waiting (not so patiently in the case of my 1yo DS2) for breakfast in the morning until I decide whether I should vomit or try to stomach breakfast first.  My DS1 was sick yesterday/last night with a 38.5deg temp and vomited all over our couch just as we were sitting down to dinner so poor hubby had to do the clean up as I was gagging all over the place from the smell.  I took over once he was in the shower and semi-vomit-free.  Thankfully no more vomiting today but the temp is still persisting.  Add to that DS2 is teething and has the most putrid nappies right now which he chooses to deposit first thing in the morning.  Poor DH has to deal with those too as it's just too much odour for a queasy stomach first thing in the morning LOL.  

*T.J.* Bummer that you cant get in to see your doctor today - try not to worry too much in the meantime.  Perhaps it just a vitamin deficiency or something that will be easily fixed.  I'll be watching for your news tomorrow - best of luck x

*monkey83*  I hope your DD gets better soon.  My DS2 had bronchiolitis when he was 6wks old and we had a hospital stay for 3nights with him while they monitored his breathing and what not.  Hospitals are not the most pleasant places for us to be but at least you know that DD is getting the best help.  Hope you can bring her home soon x

*Rachel5*  Oh no, dont tell me that !!  I'm already nervous about doing public hospital / shared care with a new doctor.  I have 100% confidence in my ultrasound place though as we've been there many times before and they are awesome so I feel at least like I have that in my favour and under my control LOL.  Which reminds me, when I went to the new doctor to get my referrals for bloods/scans/hospitals, she didn't even tell me when she next wanted to see me???  I guess I'll book with her for just after my ultrasound to discuss results and schedule from there .... hhhmmmmm  huh.gif

*charlottesmum04* Umm, good things about pregnancy ... let me see ... LOL.  Maybe next trimester??  Hope you're feeling a bit better today.  You definitely dont need another day like that !!

And congratulations to everyone who's had their scans - such great news !!

I am booked for mine on Monday 14th May - still seems like aaaaages to wait - so I'll have my bloods done early next week to ensure the results are there in time for my scan, especially with the public holiday next Monday, all the results will probably be a little slower to process next week.  I cant wait to see this little bubba - I'm feeling pregnant, obviously have MS, and have a bump poking out (especially near the end of the day when I'm worn down and must be slouching a little lower with a belly full of food LOL) so am imagining that all is going to plan but not knowing is just so damn excrutiating.  My family and close friends know already but I dont want to make that 'public' announcement until my scan so I'll be 13W5D when I can finally shout the good news !!

Good luck for everyone having scans this week - I'll be lurking for news original.gif

#73 christmasiscoming

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:44 PM

One more thing - I dont if you're all on Facebook and I cant remember if it was in here that someone had asked about double prams - sorry if it wasn't and ignore this if it's too early to be thinking about prams but ...

Daily Baby Buys ( you can find them on FB ) is apparently having the iCandy Pear on sale shortly for up to 50% off.  Those in the market for a double pram, it might be worth looking at (if you're ready to buy that is) !!

Hopefully this link works ...

Daily Baby Buys - Facebook

#74 franno

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi everyone,
My lovely week with mum is over she flew it this morning and I am back to work today :-( however, first thing is an appt to get my results from the scan/bloods. I know that the scan looked good but I am freaking that the bloods will skew the results and we think if risk 1:1000 or less we might go for amnio. Nervous!! At least when I get to work I can finally announce it.

Mum will take care of the family side when she gets back and most of our close friends know - a few left to tell on DH side.

Christmas - I feel so sorry with you for your terrible MS I really don't know how people cope. Mine hasn't gone beyond hideous nausea. I am so much better and not being hit as often but I had a bad day of it yday out of the blue. Hope DS is on the mend. I can't cope with DD vomiting either.

Emnut - feeling so sorry for you with the added stress but you seem to have put everything into perspective quickly and your head seems to be around it.

Monkey - so sorry about your little one. Croup scares the hell out of me. dD had it for the first time 7 weeks ago and we ended up at A&E at 3am. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

TJ - fingers crossed for your appt and keep us posted about what was so urgent!!!

Charlottes mum - that's terrible about your weekend. What was actually wrong? MS or virus? Sounds awful!!!

See you everyone I'll pop back and share my results tonight!!

#75 meifong16

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

Hi everyone,

Sorry for not dropping by as often as I wish. Work has been hectic. Only thing I'm looking forward to right now is the 14th May, where I will have my 12th week scan and also meet my OB for the very first time original.gif

On another note, anyone of you have any food cravings yet? I know lots of pregnant women have very strict diet now but do you think it's ok for us to give in to fast food every now and then? Such as red rooster rippa subs, nuggets, etc? Tounge1.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Christina Aguilera announces daughter's name

Christina Aguilera and her fiance, Matt Rutler, have welcomed their daughter into the world.

Couple caught in surrogacy crackdown

An Australian couple caught up in Thailand's surrogacy crackdown have said many parents are distraught and facing dire financial difficulties as are they are unable to bring their surrogate-born babies home.

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

5 co-sleeping myths busted

In case you are co-sleeping with your baby, and all the ?helpful? advice from others is sending you down the slippery slope of self-doubt, let?s bust a few myths on the topic.

When pregnancy takes you down memory lane

One mum-to-be discovers pregnancy hormones can give rise to some surprising emotions.

What?s your love language?

The secret to making your partner feel special is to know which language of love they favour ? and it?s the same for your kids, too.

Returning to exercise after a caesarean

I had my daughter four months ago via caesarean, and I want to get back into exercise. What are some good first steps I can take?

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Chinese manufacturers tap into the cute factor with tree-grown babies.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.