Due in November, 2012 Chat Thread #6

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#26 digitaldorothy

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hi everyone, just got back from my scan and my due date has changed to 2 Dec.  so I guess I will go back to the December group (where I originally started based on my own calculations). Thanks for all your support and good luck!

#27 Ms_Jae

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Good luck dorothy.. original.gif

#28 mellmatho

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Hey All

Had drs appt today and have my refferal for the NT scan which is booked for next friday(4/5).. Im 10w 4 days today.. Any nausea ive had has gone, and Ive popped out lol.. definately can tell Im pregnant.
Have told family and friends, and most of my buddies on fb know..

So have scan next, and then the 16/5 have appt with midwives/dr has Ill be doing shared care from now on

#29 ~MakkaPakka~

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hi everyone original.gif

Had my obs appointment at the hospital on friday.  All went well, decided on a c/s with this birth.  Talked it over and considering my history and the fact I seem to have to be induced it would be a lot better with the c/s than VB2C.  

Also worked out why my appointments were so early on in the pregnancy, because I have other health issues and they wanted to see my earlier to make sure things were ok.  The usual first appointment at the hospital is at 16 weeks.

I was going to go through a midwifery clinic near to home but they are full  ohmy.gif  They wanted me to see the obs rather than midwives anyway.  In the end I am doing shared care with my GP and obs appointments at the hospital.  I also have an appointment booked in at 30 weeks for a growth scan and follow up with obs then I also have ready to be booked in an appiontment with the anethesisast at around 36 weeks.  

I was also told if going to plan I will have bubs in the week starting the 14th - 18th November.  

Nausia is still horrible   sick.gif  If I go out anywhere I have to have a zofran.  Fingers crossed that it goes away soon.  

mellmatho:  glad your nausea has gone.

charlottesmum04: I know the feeling I had hypermesis with my first two, for the entire pregnancy, even during labour I was throwing up still  sick.gif   Fingers crossed we both don't end up with it again.  Good Luck with telling your mum too.  I was a bit worried about my parents but they are fine.  Mum was a little shocked, even speechless but is so excited.

Sorry about the spelling mistakes, my brain has turned to cotton balls at the moment  blush.gif

#30 Spring Chickadee

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Just a quick note to say 12 weeks today YAY! a big milestone for me.

and Franno in response to your question
do you think once we are past 12 weeks we are safe from the Hashimotos? As its being treated I mean (I know if it wasn't being treated we would be at risk) - its making me nervous.

Your babies thyroid will have started producing its own T3/T4, but it may have not completely become independent until 18 or so weeks to be safe (some places say 12, my endo likes to be safe so assumes 18). Having said that the main danger zone is over. As the baby has developed its thyroid while your levels have been managed it should be healthy and ready to function.  Your thyroid has the most fluctuation in the first trimester, going forward it is less likely to take off requiring more meds. If for whatever reason you jump outside of range your risk of premature labour is higher, but your usual TSH tests will keep an eye on this anyway. So in short- the worst bit is over!

Remember, as soon as you give birth you will most likely need to revert to your pre-pregnancy thyroxine dosage to avoid your thyroid becoming overactive.

#31 Batmansunderpants

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Hi all. I haven't been in for ages as its hard to keep up. I'm due for my NT scan on Friday. I'm excited to see bub agin. Luckily no sickness just smell aversions and so so tired. I will try to keep up now.

#32 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

Congratulations to all those who have reached 12 weeks. even bigger congrats to those who have had their scans and can finally tell family and friends.  

I am 10 weeks on thursday.  I think I got away with camping on the weekend with noone noticing, wedding this weekend might be trickier.  

Work is becoming a bit of an issue - I have been asked to help out on a project that may take up to 6 months, I dont want to commit to something I cant fulfill.  There are also a few OHS issues with the cytotoxic drugs we use.  

I have an appt with my GP on thursday.  I am going to try again to ask her for a refereal for a CVS.  I have referal for the NT scan and was told to talk to the OB there if I wanted further testing.  I just feel its a waste of time having the NT if i want a CVS anyway.  my NT scan isnt til 12 1/2 weeks so if I have to then wait for an appt for a CVS and the results it will be 13 or more weeks.  I just want to be able to enjoy know every thing is ok and enjoy my pregnancy and not for it to be a big battle and have to fight Drs for what I want.

#33 jenmad

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hi.

Seems this chat has gone quiet! We can't have that...

I am heading to Fiji on the weekend. Sending my poor mother to bid on a house at auction for us too. So its all nerve racking business for me at the moment.

Cannot wait to be on a beach in Fiji with my gorgeous daughter and husband. I need to relax and unwind. Buying and selling houses is too stressful.

As for baby business- my morning sickness is still in full swing and Im 12 weeks on Sunday. Dont think it is about to ease up somehow but I can only hope. I managed to go to work this week no major issues so that is a plus.

Im kinda set on the fact I'm having a boy which is funny because most others are saying girl. Anyone having a strong feeling one way or the other? Have you had a hunch before and been right? I had no idea with my DD. They say 60% of mothers are right on their hunch, but thats not that much over the 50/50 chance anyway. original.gif

#34 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

Certainly is quiet in here,

Had my GP appt this morning.  It went really well.  She agreed to change my referal to a CVS.  So I went the thee US clinic and talked to them and are booked in for May 15th.

Am feeling a bit nervous now.  In know it is an invasive procedure, but I have been adamant about needing to know for peace of mind since I knew I was pregnant. Despite this baby being desperately wanted, I think part of me is a bit in denial that it is actually happening.  All going well the CVS is the last thing before we tell the world.

I forgot to ask the GP about fluvax - anyone else been given any advice about it?

Have fun in Fiji Jenmad biggrin.gif

#35 caroldiem

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Am i the only one that is sooooooooooo excited there are now 2 Due in groups under us woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo

#36 little lion

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (caroldiem @ 26/04/2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am i the only one that is sooooooooooo excited there are now 2 Due in groups under us woooooooohooooooooooooooooooo

Ha I thought I was the only one! I smiled when I saw the January DIG. original.gif NT scan tomorrow for me.

#37 caroldiem

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

I hope your NT scan goes real well for you little lion original.gif

I am sure it's all going to be fine look forward to hearing the good news

#38 whatnamenow

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (caroldiem @ 26/04/2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (little lion @ 26/04/2012, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha I thought I was the only one! I smiled when I saw the January DIG. original.gif NT scan tomorrow for me.

Nope me too.  Even had to tell the other half  why i had a little giggle.  Starting to very definatly feel real.  DP is also getting rather used to my phone calls about picking up some of my cravings on the way home.  Cant believe i'm 12 weeks on monday.  Still umming and aahhhing over doing the NT scan.  Our baby already has about a 50% chance of inheriting my genetic syndrome.  DP and i kinda see it as what would be the chance it would get 2 genetic issues...

64 days till i get married.  Having nightmares about my dress not fitting even though i bought it with tummy room.

#39 christmasiscoming

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've felt like a stalker  ph34r.gif  because I keep checking in here the last couple of days and no-one has posted and no-one else is reading at the same time as me ... I thought I must have missed the memo LOL.

I guess no news is good news sometimes and this is definitely one of those times.

All must be good - night all xx

#40 Too much Dora

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

Hi everyone, I have been quiet for a little while. I was a little worried about my NT scan which I had today and I am pleased to say it went well. The baby was very active and my DS risk was about 1 in 2700 which is much lower than my age risk of 1 in 250.

I think it's a boy - just have a feeling. I guessed right with the other two so I definitely think there is something to "mums intuitation"!

I might keep the news to family and friends and wait to share with work for a couple more weeks. I will be 13 weeks on Saturday. Bring on the second trimester!

Good luck for he upcoming scans ladies!!!

#41 Batmansunderpants

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Great news too much Dora!

I'm also having my NT tomorrow little lion.

Hi everyone else.

#42 suzy-c

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

I had my NT scan today too. I got a 1:2815 for T21, beating my background odds of 1:141.
I got 1:6620 for T18, and 1:20835 for T13.

This was my first scan, so up until then, I didn't even know for sure bub was in there.

Bub has a head, arms, legs, hands, feet, stomach, bladder, and a mouth that kept going "Omnomnomnomnom!" At one point bub put their hand in their mouth! Looks like I'm going to get an eater!

I'm sorry I haven't been around to share the joy. I've been worried, and sitting in the corner with a bucket on my head, trying to avoid it all. I will try harder to be a better friend in the future.

All my love,
Suzy.

#43 franno

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Wow no posting for days then an influx! I was coming in to say "wow there is a Jan DIG already and I am only just over 11w" :-)

Thanks for the info SC makes me feel a bit better. I have a BT Sat and see the Endo Monday.

Great news on the NT scans everyone! I have mine on Sat but won't get results till Mon or Wed.

Jenmad - Fiji sounds awesome. I am on holiday now for a week while mum is here and day 2 has worn me out! Defo less tiring going to work!  I think this is a boy. Before I had a baby I really wanted a girl. I got my girl in DD and thought I wanted another one. Now that I have a strong feeling it's a boy I am excited about that and fine so I really truly don't care either way. Either would be awesome. I was wrong with DD as I was positive she was a boy too.

#44 10to10

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hello everyone! I too was lurking around with nothing particularly interesting to say. It is good to see the Jan DIG group appear :-)

Fantastic news on the NT scans everyone! It must be such a relief to get those long odds. I have mine booked for 21st May, which seems like a LONG time away at the moment..!

Jenmad - enjoy Fiji! We went last November for our friends' wedding, and it was beautiful. If you haven't been before, get used to saying 'Bula' every 5 minutes!

AFM - just got notice that the tenant in the apartment we bought is moving out, so we'll be moving in in 2 weeks. Which will be exciting, but I'm currently questioning the wisdom of moving into a one-bed apartment with a bub on the way..! It does have a sunroom off the bedroom that we'll use as a nursery, but still - gonna have to curb the urge to buy anything big for a while!

I haven't had much inkling either way with the bun yet. My bestie keeps referring to it as 'she' but I think that's wishful thinking - she has previously declared that if she ever had a son she would send him back!!!

#45 suzy-c

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:33 AM

10: Think of all the money you'll save, being in such a small place! Once you get the mortgage under some kind of control, you can move out and have a nice little investment!

#46 monkey83

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I too have been lurking with not much to report. I can't wait for the next scan which isn't until the 14th May. I am so busy at work so hopefully it comes around really quickly.

I can't wait until I am past 12 weeks, however in a way I can't believe how quickly it is going. I think once I get past 12 weeks and I relax a bit time will just fly.

Great news for everyone that has had their NT scan!!

Poor DD has croup so we were at the hospital last night as she got into distress and had problems breathing. They got in under control quickly and hopefully it will clear up soon.
It has meant that I am very tired at work today, they were nice enough to let me come in late but we did not get home until 6am so I think it will be a long day.

Good luck to those with scans today, and coming up. original.gif

Monkey

#47 emnut

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hi all,

TJ - what a frustrating day for you.  Glad all looks ok with bubs.

monkey - I feel for you with your DD - this year has been the furthest in the year we have got through without having croup (touch wood) so am really hoping that DS has outgrown his tendency to pick it up.

10to10 - yay to getting to move into your own home.

Jenmad - enjoy Fiji

Franno - enjoy your time with your mum

Suzy & TMD - great results from the NT scan - did you have bloods done earlier or something to get results so quickly?

Little Lion & Miss Cookie - good luck with your scan today

Hi to everyone else

AFM - had my scan this morning too.  Everything looks good from what I was told but like TJ have to wait a few days for blood results.  For me it is actually particularly the papp-a from the bloods that I'm interested in more than anything as low levels can be indicative of the complications I had in DS's pregnancy so feeling totally on edge.  On the plus, I am working 10 hours for each of the next 3 days then appt with my ob on Tuesday for results so at least I'll be busy in the meantime.

#48 suzy-c

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

Yeah they got the bloods done 5 days prior, but the Dr didn't have them at the scan, so he called them and they faxed the results over. He gave us our combined results within minutes. I'm sorry for everyone who had to wait to get theirs!

#49 Spring Chickadee

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Emnut- Hope times flies until your OB appointment!

Monkey83-
  That’s no good about your poor DD and her croup. I used to get it terribly as a child but grew out of it within a few years. You must be dead on your feet after the long night!

T.J-  what a run around you got! I only had one vial of blood taken, the scan then they called me to check my weight and smoking status later.

10to10 –
Sound like a great set up if you have the sunroom off the bedroom, bub will be nice and close for the night time feeds and changes. With move in in 2 weeks you’ll have plenty of time to make the space your own.  I want the baby in the bedroom with us but there is next to no spare room in there! So I will have to have a very small bassinet right up against the bed at first and move the baby across to their room as they grow out of it. It’ll just be the next bedroom anyway so close enough.

Franno- Good luck for tomorrow. I have a BT for TSH/T4 and T3 on Monday with my apt on Friday so hopefully both our thyroids are behaving!

Suzy-c
and too much Dora – Brilliant results, now you can relax a little more and enjoy the journey

Miss Cookie- How did it go?

Charlottesmum04-
  What style of dress will you be wearing? Any pictures? Love weddings.

Chief pancake maker-
I think the CVS is a good idea to put your mind at ease. Some people like no testing and some like extra testing, Good luck for the 15th.

Jenmad- Enjoy Fiji! I’m still on the fence with gender and DH thinks it’ll be a boy (wishful thinking perhaps)

AFM- NT scan was yesterday and it was AMAZING. I guess after all my setbacks and miscarriages it was totally surreal seeing a real live baby dancing around waving it’s arms at me like ‘Yes mum, I’m really here’ I was in total shock for hours and kept tearing up. Everything was perfect perfect perfect. Sonographer mentioned numerous times how active the baby was being and that baby was putting on a real show for us. The Nasal bone was present, NT measurement was nice and low, heartbeat great. It’s measured 12w5d so I’m even further ahead now.

When I first feel pregnant my Due date was 8th Nov based on the Only Positive OPK for that month, Then the first scan was spot on for that date, Second can changed to 6th Nov Due date, most recent scan was 5thNov due date and yesterdays is now 3rd. so an overall change of 5 days.  So who knows what to go with! Maybe it’s just a super baby that’ll be nice and chubby come November.

Health wise I’m still feeling horribly nauseas and seedy all day long, my gag reflex is getting worse, I’m still totally exhausted and get a lot of stretching and twinges in my abdomen and discomfort. Still peeing constantly too. Hoping that the next 3 weeks will have the nausea start to subside.  Now I’m just looking forward to having a bump!

I also saw my nutritionist and she has ordered me to eat more (my appetite has been shocking) and up my protein, iron, fats and calcium. So I’ve been getting to work on that.

#50 little lion

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:37 PM

Great scan results spring chickadee. Miss cookie how'd  you go?

My NT scan today was great. DS risk was low, like 1:2131. Baby was moving around so much the sonographer took a while to measure everything.

Hope you're all travelling well.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly caf goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.