Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Chief Pancake Make

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Gold!!!! biggrin.gif

#3 sentimentalist

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Spring Chickadee I love how organised you sound, I need to take aleaf out of your book! I'm a naturally disorganised person and this is going the be the 6th child in our household so realistically its time that changed! I havent used a doppler with any pregnancy myself, will be interesting to hear as you go along how you find it.
What sort of work do you do? I run my own business full time and have a shop etc so i am going ot have to hire in staff to cover me whilst i am off but i will have a foot in the door the entire time in some sense with my business, not sure what capacity how much etc yet!

RubyLilysmum glad to hear the scan went well after your spotting must be a lovely relief!

Franno I can relate to tired and bad mood! I was sleeping like a log, I am so tired all the time. But the last few nights i wake about 3 to go to the toilet and have had alot of trouble getting back to sleep. Its driving me a bit nuts! My poor partner cops my moodiness which i am really trying to work on! Dont worry what the SIL is posting on facebook, lifes too compoicated already to worry about those who dont have the courage to say things to you (if she is talking about you)

10to10 I love the way you announced to your mum, how gorgeous and how beautiful her reaction was!

AFM, just still tired and super moody... hoping the moody passes soon as my family are really being very tolerant with me!

#4 Ms_Jae

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hey ladies,

Today I am struggling to keep awake.. Why am I always tired.. I go to bed at 9.30pm and wake at 5.30am every weekday and yet i just want to sleep.. Ive never felt like this before.

Anyways.. im still at work, so i will catch up with you all later original.gif

#5 sentimentalist

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

stormgirl I'm exhausted too, every.single.day. hoping that passes soon! Should by 12 or so weeks!

#6 Ms_Jae

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

I hope so too.. I am so lathargic and sleepy, makes it hard here at work then takes me an hour or more to get home.
Is there anything I can take to wake my mind up?

#7 jenmad

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I can relate to the exhaustion. I feel like Im living in a haze and have been for 5 weeks.

Anyway.. this weekend we are looking for houses. Its so stressful. Found something we like but it is for auction. Just to turn up and bid is going to cost us a fortune with pest inspections, valuations and solicitor advice. All with no guarantee of securing a property at the end. I hate auctions... Agh!

Anyway. That will consume our weekend as our house is sold now so we are homeless till we find something else.

Still feeling really ill and the tiredness makes it worse. Hoping this will end soon. But i was sick till 18 weeks with DD. So we will see.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and is feeling good.

#8 whatnamenow

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:42 PM

arrgghh  have not had a good day.  Finally felt hungry by about 9am but i was out and about at the end of town were only place to eat was a coffee club...   $37 later ( omg how can they justify $15 for a slice of toast, half a tomato and 2 rashers of bacon ) breakfast for me and DP.  Got home about half an hour later exhausted and just making it into the dining room before sick.gif .  Lucky i keep a stash of sick bags all over the house....
I have finally now finished work at 10pm and i start again at 7:30am tomorrow morning.

sad.gif

Over the sickness, over the exhaustion.  Dizzyness is now starting to kick in.  although DP says that i'm no longer waking him up multiple times a night for the toilet so i guess some annoying problems are finishing.   I am also starting to actually feel pregnant.  I guess i have always known i was but now i'm starting to feel it if that makes sense.
Thanks for listening to my exhausted ramblings.

#9 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I have trouble keeping up with this chat thread as it moves so quickly!  I had my NT scan today.  Results were all good - such a relief.  The biggest relief was seeing there was a living, moving baby in there, who is spot on size for dates.  

I know I am due on the 1st, so will probably be the first one to have an NT scan done.  It is weird to think some of you are just getting dating scans done!  I hope everyone else's scans go well over the next few weeks.

#10 Turquoise1

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of you sick Mums and I'm compelled to start a new thread as a message to you. It's called 'For the queasies'.

Take care,
Turquoise

#11 Turquoise1

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

Actually, here's a copy of it to save you time -

Hi Bloomers,

I've been reading about the Mums with nausea and vomitting. I'm lucky - I experience low energy and occasional nausea (for me, managable with snacks and vitamins). It's a tricky time being pregnant. Our bodies, emotions and future plans are all altered. I cannot imagine how much more challenging this would be with nausea, vomitting...and some of you are working as Mums or in employment at the same time!

My message is - power to you.You're amazing. This must be one of the greatest challenges ın your life. My heart goes out to you and I hope you find ways to manage it all.

Thinking of you,
Turquoise

#12 luckynumber2

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:47 AM

Hello, reading your posts has made me feel so much better about what I am experiencing I am so tired its not funny. I have NEVER slept so much before. As soon as I get home from work zzzzzz. On weekends zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. In fact I am going to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz right now... happy.gif

#13 tanglez

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Time for some personals!

Springchick Welcome back from your wonderful holiday! Very glad you had a great time! You crack me up with your organisation, I DEFINITELY need to take a leaf out of your book!

TJ Argh what a pain with your carpets sad.gif Hope it goes smoothly and you get a decent run out of the next lot AND that this is the last of any renovation type stuff!

All the Tired Ladies (sing it to the tune of Beyonce's Single Ladies song!) I hear you! I am back at work after school holidays and still feeling tired! Hopefully it eases real soon for you all!

Jenmad My fingers are crossed for you that you can find the perfect home in a hassle free and timely manner, again, not something you really want to worry about at this stage!

Charlottesmum hugs to you! Hang in there and pray this is the beginning of the end for all those symptoms. Fingers crossed second trimester sees you far less sick and with much more energy!

Alacritous~Andy Congratulations on your NT scan! I truly know the relief that comes with it as I had mine on Thursday! I am in this group because my original dates were for very early Nov but after my dating scan it has been changed to Oct 29. Figured I might as well stay with this group seeing as I know them and bubs will prob come late anyway! Looks like you and I will be hitting lots of milestones at the same time! Congrats again!

#14 tanglez

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:23 AM

One more!

Turqouise, finer words have not been said! Thank you for sharing!

#15 10to10

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:02 PM

Turquoise1 - ah, what lovely words! My thoughts exactly, I'm finding it tough enough just being tired, can't imagine how hard it would be to be constantly feeling sick on top of it!
Jenmad - yep, auctions suck. Seems like such a crazy way to have to buy a house. I wonder how many people have got swept away in the moment and have put in bids that they couldn't possibly afford?? Anyway, I hope no-one else turns up to the auction and you end up getting it for a bargain price - wouldn't that make a nice change?!
Franno - hope your weekend has started better than yesterday. Will let you know if the pimples = girl thing works out! I have a long wait though as I think we're going to keep it a surprise till birth..
Right, I'm off to a friend's barbie. Hopefully this is the last event that I will be fake drinking at - am running out of excuses!!

#16 shoopdeboop

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

10to10- I am the same with the fake drinking at the moment. Last night I had a work dinner and was planning on pretending my orange juices were bacardi and juice but it didn't go so well as someone was always at the bar with me when I ordered and I kept declining any offers of drinks or opting for soft drink or juice. I was so surprised that noone questioned it. They just told me I was weak.. lol I got out of that without telling them but today we had a heap of friends over to watch the footy and I was planning on 'fake drinking' but i kept getting asked if I was even drinking and later my husband just blurted it out to everyone...

So we now have his immediate family and a heap of his friends that know and none of my family or friends.. lol Going to have to try to do the rounds and see them all this week to let them know before it comes from someone else.

I am quite safely saying now that my nausea only lasted about 2 weeks. Can't believe it. I am still eating alot becasue I get those crazy hunger pains but little to no nausea for a week or so now. Yay! grin.gif

Hope it's easing for everyone else  original.gif

#17 emnut

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

A-A - glad to hear the scan went well.

Shoop - funny how DH's have a habit of blurting it out (mine did to my SIL in the days following an 18 week loss for her).  Yay to the nausea lessening

Charlottesmum - hope you are feeling somewhat better now.

Jenmad - good luck with the househunt - we have just bought at auction though for us expenses weren't so bad as it is vacant land but still paid significantly more than we had budgeted for.

AFM - busy busy weekend - birthday party for DS yesterday morning followed by working & today had to leave home at 8am for footy for DS.  Was worth it though - after being really disappointed last week, he snapped a goal with his first ever possession & went on to kick 3 altogether.  Other than that totally exhausted & tired of feeling sick

A question for the NT scan - is it a TV scan they do or exteral?

#18 whatnamenow

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

hi everyone,

thanks everyone for your kind words.  I seem to have one or 2 crappy days and then a few good days.  At least as time goes on the good days are outweighing the bad.  It just doesnt seem like it sometimes cause when i am having a bad day this is a good place to vent.   I feel like i cant vent to my DP as he has been soo good to me.  Yesterday he ordered me off for an afternoon nap before my friends 40th birthday and i woke up to him giving me a foot rub.

Been a busy weekend as i had to get the girls to netball by about 7:30am so DD1 could go to umpire training.  Got the surprise of my life when DD1 ( after only her 2nd lesson ) ended up umpiring DD2's game. Aparently as DD2's only in the modies grade thats where they get them to start umpiring.  Still created a few arguments on the way home about things that DD1 had missed that cost DD2 her game to the opposition.

I'm not having any problems with the drinking side because most people know i rarely drink but.... We are churchy people and i am having 2 problems.  one is that i seem to be having a sick.gif reaction to the communion wine.  The past 2 weeks even though i now rarely vomit i've had to race out mid service.  Our church is quite packed ( their building a larger venue as quite often we are full ) and so they have several ushers whose job it is to fill in the gaps and make sure people dont sit on the aisles and squish on up.  This presents me with 2 issues....  no 1.  the different smells of being squished in with lots of other people can be a real issue. and 2.  i need to sit on an aisle for that communion wine sick.gif ....
I have been trying to come up with excuses as to why i need to sit on the aisle without telling everyone I'm pregnant.   i have also had several of the elders hearing me vomit in the bathrooms and tell me if i'm not feeling well i should go home as i dont want to 'spread it'  lol.

Any suggestions?  we have tried arriving early to stake our spot....  and also tried arriving late to get the last minute aisle spots ( they sometimes squish in one more row right up the back ) A few people know ( our good friends) and we have told our pastor who is marrying us in 60 odd days but most of the ushers are the elderly people we dont have much contact with who are most likely to also judge us for being unmarried and pregnant....

#19 tanglez

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Hey emnut! My NT scan is external (lots of fun driving there with a full bladder over speed humps hehe, in fact the 2nd best bit after seeing bubs is getting to go to the toilet afterwards *sigh of relief*!) The technician said to me the only reason they would do a TV scan at this stage would be to have a look at cervix length and that would only be if there was a specific reason for it, for example if you had had a cone biopsy/laser treatment or other issues that may affect your cervix!

#20 christmasiscoming

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

*emnut*  Quick one from me as I have to put my bub to bed ... I've had both TV and external scans for my NT scans with DS1 and DS2.  I have a tilted uterus  unsure.gif which apparently makes it harder to see the baby, especially early on so they see what they can see from above first but generally they then send me off to go to the toilet and do an internal one to get all the important measures.

Hope you've all had a good weekend.  I've been sick both days and just generally REALLY flat and lacking in energy.  I hit 11weeks this Wednesday so hopefully we're on the climb out of the first trimester doldrums and into the second trimester of rainbows and butterflies and ever expanding belly LOL.

Night all x

#21 Spring Chickadee

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

What sort of work do you do? I run my own business full time and have a shop etc so i am going ot have to hire in staff to cover me whilst i am off but i will have a foot in the door the entire time in some sense with my business, not sure what capacity how much etc yet!

sentimentalist- your 6th child and a business owner... wonder woman much!! I work for an International Entertainment Company that deals mostly with the creation of multimedia tourist attractions and special events. I'm the operations manager and deal with alot of HR, Logistics, new tenders management, resources etc. my MS and exhaustion is making my job very difficult right now! on the plus side I'm barely travelling this year compared to when I was traveling monthly.

Christmas is coming - I have a tilted uterus too so every scan has needed to be TV. its looks look my placenta is in front also.

Charlottesmum04- thats a tricky one, is it really important for you not to miss communion? could you run to the loo at that time to miss it and take communion later at home with something you can stomach.

rachael5, stormgirl and other tired ones - I hear you on the tiredness, on the weekend i get 12 hours overnight and after 2 hours awake i just cannot wait to hop back into bed. The work day feels like a real battle to make it through especially today when i had a 7 hours meeting with a 30 minute break! The meeting was for a new project I need to write the proposal for so I was keeping the action points and will need to turn all this talk into a 200 page tender so couldn’t zone out. yawn!

AA - yay for a brilliant 12 week scan!

Jenmad-  hope you find a place quicksmart, must be stressful time for you with the clock ticking. when do you need to be out of your current place?

AFM
Thursday is the NT scan then i guess I can announce that there is officially a baby on the way! Family and closest friends already know so Will just be letting everyone else know. I'm not sure if its best to send a text, then FB a few days later (for those i dont have in my phone) or just FB. I have a small friend list and go by the rule that if I wouldnt invite them into my home to go through my albums I won't have them on FB. So no randoms or people I once knew.

I think Ive mentioned before I want my house almost done (minus one of the bathrooms replaced) by the time i hit the babyshower. So I've had painters in this week for the exterior stuff, have the new floorboards and carpets selected, DH finished our new utility room thats part of the extension so I've been filling all the storage units (slowly emptying the spare room -soon to be babies room), done a load of gardening including screening one side of our property and loads of other bits and pieces. I'm trying to keep up momentum to get to the finishline. still have the new laundry, back retaining walls, deck and gardens to go which we'll do ourselves. The joys of buying a fixer-upperer ay!

#22 10to10

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

Oh my word Springchickadee, sounds like you are keeping yourself super busy in the run-up to the birth! We'll be moving in June-July but I'm hoping we won't have to do much to the new place.
Anyway, just a quickie from me - had my dating scan yesterday and Attila the Bun is measuring 8w 3d, so we're due 30th Nov. So I'm still in this DIG - just!! SO exciting to see the heartbeat, and to see that the sore b**bs and zits aren't all for nothing!!

#23 franno

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

Hi everyone,

Charlottes mum that situation is awful. I was wondering if you could just skip the communion wine bit. Say you have a cold if you need to (it's been more than half a lifetime for me but everyone shares the same cup right so acceptable not too if you are sick?).
How many weeks are you? Will your MS be over by 12 weeks? ( I mean is it normally?)

Emnut - I have only had TV scans so far this preg but with DD the 12 week one was external. I have my 12 week one (at 11w3d) on Sat and I haven't been told to drink the water.

SC - still loads on your plate - wow that will make time fly. I am not telling on Facebook this time I do have loads of people who are old school friends and stuff. Announced last time but more nervous this time so just a few emails I think and mum will do the rest :-) do you think once we are past 12 weeks we are safe from the Hashimotos? As its being treated I mean (I know if it wasn't being treated we would be at risk) - its making me nervous.

Am still feeling sick in the arvo and evening but feel I am getting a little more respite. Yay mum arrives today!!!' picking her up from the airport tonight.

Oh yeah, anyone remembering me whinging last Friday about SIL Facebook status? Well the latest is the wedding is this Sat, she is bridesmaid and yesterday she pulled out. I have been waiting for the bombshell and if this doesn't give her the reaction she wants nothing will stop her. Man alive I am so glad I am not going. DH family is the most dysfunctional that I have ever known (not ever heard of thou).

#24 whatnamenow

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

Franno its a modern evangelical church ( think hillsong on a regional scale ) every one has a seperate cup and if i squish in with friends i dont think to many people would notice me skippng it. I dont know when the m/s will end as i am in whole new territory with this one.  My previous 3 i had hyperemesis with the last 2 ending at 13 weeks but with number 1 not ending till about 6 months.  Thankfully this one is mostly behaving itself.  I am more trying to come up with idea's to sit on the aisle and preferably up the back close to the doors in case i have to do the sick.gif dash.  Without having to tell every elder/usher in our church that i'm expecting...  Its already become a source of amusment to friends of mine who do the audiovisual right up the back to watch me try in the middle of the service to quietly ( and discretly ) get out of the aisle and dash out the door.  I am now 11weeks 2 days...  Yay!!!  And it is getting better/easing off.

I am still holding out telling my own mother...  Every man and his dog knows ( well almost ) but because of my mothers attitude i am terrified.  The day before i got my BFP.gif my mother came accross me holding my friends 6 week old bubby.  Her exact words to me was 'Bianca put that thing back and dont you go getting any idea's!!' Not exactly inspiring to make the exciting phone call the next day...  She is wanting the future in laws email address to talk to them about the wedding but they know about bubs ( and are excited beyond ) so i have been postponing in case beans are spilt.  I have tried about 4 times now and chickened out so dont know when i am going to manage to do it.

#25 Ms_Jae

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hello ladies,

Well yesterday I had my scan done and my dates are correct. Im due 20th Nov and have now told everyone lol.
Everything was fine. Go back to my GP on Friday for blood results. Now to figure out where to have this bub.. hmmm

Belly rubs to you all original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Outrage over baby's icy challenge

A man has been reported to child protective services after taking the ALS ice bucket challenge with his 10-month-old granddaughter.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.