Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Gold!

I've never got gold before!  Come on blue bundle this month!  Perhaps it's a good sign!

Edited by V's mummy, 17 April 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#3 lozoodle

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Silver!

Gotta have a rant. I am ovulating. TODAY. Positive digital opk, masses of ovulation pain and a serious amount of EWCM. We haven't had sex in almost a week. Perfect, right?

NO. Stupid DP has manflu (i.e. a sniffle) and has decided that him being "less energetic" will cause "lazy sperm" and wants to give this month a miss.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I'm so ready to pounce the second he walks through the door tonight, he better be feeling better.

#4 TarneeW

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Bronze!!! Hi all,

V's mummy - I hope gold is a good sign for you too! Thanks for your supportve post and information regarding BF'ing. I appreciate it! I guess I just keep waiting.... I must have been very lucky with DS2 original.gif

Lozoodle - I hope DH was in a better frame of mind when he got home. Good luck if all goes to plan wink.gif

Little Ladybug - is it Thursday yet???? Not stalking or anything wink.gif Hopefully you're being good and holding out. Me, I'm a POAS addict - no restraint here! I wish you well....

Jemso - I hope this is a good month for you too! Glad AF returned, hoping your cycle is shorter this month. How long have you been taking Vitex for? If a while, have you noticed any difference in cycles? I hadn't heard of it before, maybe it is something I should consider? Great of your DF doing the night resettling too tthumbs.gif

Wow, 1.5 weeks & sleeping through! Shame she regressed, hopefully with DF resettling her may help too. My first two were great but DS2 (now 16 months) has only just started sleeping better. He was a shocker!!!! It was a VERY long 15 months.... For us DH ended up doing the night resettling as well & I reckon that's what ultimately helped him sleep. It helped me as well as AF returned.

Avonlea - Hi, I'm another TTC a girl & avoiding the diet. I'm hoping supplements will do the trick - I've just got to buy some lol!

Ras500 - Welcome! There are a few ladies swaying for a boy, I'm sure they'll be able to give you some advice. I think page 9 of the previous thread has a list of information on swaying for either gender.... HIH original.gif

AFM - nothing....

Edited by TarneeW, 17 April 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#5 aurora sleeping

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

I thought I'd re-post this so it's on page one of this thread - feel free to refer people back to it and copy it for later threads.

Here's alice08's original post describing all of the details on how to sway for a particular gender (covering a number of techniques):

THE GENDER SWAYERS GROUP

Welcome to our group!

With so much information available out there on 'gender swaying', it is often hard to know what may really give you the best chance in TTC A SPECIFIC GENDER. Due to the obvious need, this group was started to provide an open, honest and non-judgmental place where ladies who are trying to conceive a specific gender can come to share their knowledge / experience / journey with other ladies who understand and share that desire.

We are a friendly bunch, so you may find yourself addicted (like the rest of us), and you may also find the experience proves to be much more than you ever anticipated.

Obviously, when it comes to low-tech 'gender swaying' nothing is fail proof, so please be aware no method can be 100% guaranteed. However, with the ultimate goal of a healthy pregnancy and baby in mind, making a great gender swaying attempt means that there will be no regrets, regardless of your outcome.

We have many ladies who form our group, both regular and occasional posters, and we welcome everyone with an interest in Gender Swaying into this group regardless of the method you choose to use. We wish you every success in achieving your gender dream.

GENDER TIPS AND TRICKS
(which can really help your attempt)

TO CONCEIVE A GIRL
Have intercourse with shallow penetration; this means "missionary position" (male on top) which will deposit sperm away from the cervix where alkaline secretions are made which favour male-producing sperm.

Have frequent intercourse up until cut-off date; this will help naturally diminish the sperm as lower sperm counts may favour the production of female sperm (please use protection while leading up to your attempt).

Women should avoid orgasm as having an orgasm increases alkaline secretions & the contractions that accompany orgasm propel sperm faster towards the cervix, giving greater assistance for male sperm.

TO CONCEIVE A BOY
Abstain from having frequent amounts of intercourse (this will increase sperm count associated with higher incidence of males).

Have intercourse with deep penetration; this means "woman on top", "man from behind" which will deposit sperm near the opening of the cervix where secretions are more favourable to the male-producing sperm.

Women should have an orgasm (if possible) at the same time or right before the male has his. Female orgasms increase the quantity & flow of alkaline secretions. Additionally, female orgasmic contractions help transport the sperm into the cervix.

Males should stay as cool as possible, no hot showers before intercourse to keep sperm in peak condition, and exercise like bike riding should be minimised whilst ttc.

GENDER SWAYING METHODS
CINDY'S A-GENDER METHOD

Our resident 'Gender Swaying Guru' is the lovely Cindy (gendercindy). Cindy has been researching natural gender selection for over 4.5 years and has been assisting ladies to conceive the gender of their choice for some time now.

Her methods focus on the following areas for a well planned attempt -

INTERNAL REPRODUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT
EXTERNAL LUNAR ENERGY AT TIME OF BD
PERSONAL ENERGY AT OVULATION/CONCEPTION
BD METHOD

Please be aware that Cindy's method is not related to the 'Shettles' method for gender selection through intercourse timing. Through her extensive personal research and information gathered while providing Gender Predictions here on EB, she has found evidence of many boys conceived with cut-offs (ask your friends, you may be surprised how often this happens!) or girls conceived at ovulation.

One of Shettles' beliefs is that all women are alkaline at ovulation (thus favouring conception of a boy) and acidic most other times of the month, however Cindy's research has shown that this is not correct as some women remain slightly acidic even at ovulation and vice versa. She believes that by altering this reproductive state, Shettles timing becomes irrelevant.

Please be aware, as with all "low-tech" gender swaying methods it is not possible to guarantee 100% success, as there are so many variables which can ultimately affect gender... Applying Cindy's research, however, will help you to have the best possible attempt, and if you try all you can to conceive a specific gender and you still end up conceiving the opposite gender, then you will know that you have a very determined little soul who is just desperate to be a part of your family and that is wonderful. ...GOOD LUCK!!!

BOY DIET TIPS

DRINKS - softdrinks, fruit juice, alcohol, tea and coffee
MEAT - all meat
INCREASE SALT CONSUMPTION
FISH - all fish especially salted varieties- tin fish also good
EGGS - only one or two per week
Rice, pasta, potatoes, cornflakes
Bread - all bread fine except wholewheat, crackers
Cakes - yes again - all store bought, home-made
Veges - all especially carrots except forbidden (see below)
Dried beans, split peas etc
Fruit - all fruit and fruit juices (especially bananas, apricots)
Dried fruit - dates, figs, apricots
chesnuts
honey, jam
sorbet
olives/gherkins
Tin or packet soup and ready made meals made without milk or dairy.
Alka seltzer and antacids ok

NONE OF THE FOLLOWING
Milk (or minimalize greatly)
chocolate - mineral water, dairy products - milk, cheese, yoghurt - ice cream, white sauces, hollaindaise, bechamel, shellfish - lobster etc. crepes, waffles, no green salads, cabbage, spinach, nuts, hazelnut, peanuts, almonts, cashews, cocoa, mustard

Women with any pre-existing medical conditions should seek medical advice if unsure (girl or boy diet) as for example women with high blood pressure are advised against the boy diet...

GIRL DIET TIPS
DRINKS - high calcium milk must have 750ml min each day. Or high calcium water (acidic ph) bottled varieties - evian, perrier etc (thats it ladies - I am sorry)
MEAT - 130g per day only - more white than red
EGGS - ok in moderation
Unsalted butter
DAIRY - Yoghurt, milk desserts (2 x a day)+ milk as above
Bread - low/no salt variety (reduce yeast products)
Nuts - almonds, peanuts, hazel nuts, cashews all unsalted
FRUITS - apples, strawberries, rasberries
VEGES - Potatoes minimal (3 x week max) green beans, onions, leeks, peas, cucumber, radish, capsicum, celery, cooked tomato, eggplant, fresh asparagus, green salad
Jam - once per day
Rice, pasta, flour
Oils,spices, curry powders (no salt)

NONE OF THE FOLLOWING
Coffee, tea, chocolate, fruit juice, soft drinks, alcohol, pork, ham, ready to eat meals, smoked anything, sauces and gravy, shellfish, cheese (try nimbin low salt variety - this would be ok in small quantities), cakes (store bought) quiche, pizza, corn, popcorn, dry fruit, all other fruit than what is allowed, liquorice, olives, gherkins, tin or packet soup, alka seltzer or antacids...
THE SHETTLES TIMING METHOD

FOR A GIRL
Have intercourse 2-3 days before ovulation. Avoid intercourse until 3 days after ovulation and when you have peak cervical fluid. The theory is, X-chromosome (female) sperm last longer than the Y-chromosome (male) sperm, therefore will be "awaiting" and capable of fertilizing the egg. He also believes women are more acidic at this time � an acidic environment has been proven to be ideal for X-chromosome (female) sperm.
Accuracy is paramount so the use of OPKs is recommended to determine ovulation.

FOR A BOY
Have intercourse at ovulation only. The theory is, Y-chromosome (male) sperm are quicker than the X-chromosome (female) sperm, therefore will be able to fertilize the egg first. He also notes that women are more alkaline at ovulation - an alkaline environment has been proven to be ideal for Y-chromosome (male) sperm.
Accuracy is paramount so the use of OPKs is recommended to determine ovulation.

ENJOY MAKING YOUR PINK OR BLUE BUNDLE!!!!!

#6 Little Ladybug

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Well I caved in and tested yesterday, nothing, but I am trying to stay posative as it was only 9DPO. No sign of AF though and I normally get spotting for a while before AF shows up so even if I was on a 28 day cycle the spotting normally would have started by now. So here's hoping. =)

#7 jemsoli

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

lozoodle oh no! hope you managed to convince your DP. all the conditions were perfect too, how often does that happen?

tarnee hmmm. i thought i was taking the vitex for 1.5 months but seems it has only been a month haha. it apparently takes a few months to work properly though.

littleladybug oh sucks you got a BFN. fingers crossed it was just too early. when is your next test date? LOL will be turning into a stalker haha

afm OMG DD2 slept through the WHOLE NIGHT last night with NO resettling needed. woohoo! am in the boring part of my cycle (on CD3) and was doing some more obsessive reading and read that drinking lemon water can help increase the PH of my vag so went out and bought 2kg of lemons haha. guess what i will be drinking for the next few weeks?

#8 lozoodle

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Little ladybug - bummer about the test, but its only early original.gif

Jemso - woohoo on the sleep through!

Us - PHEW, we ended up going for it last night, so spot on the day of ovulation. Not holding out much hope given its only our first cycle but am happy to at least not have wasted an opportunity.

#9 Mrs Miller

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi guys,

I'm going to start ttc in Aug/Sept but have a VERY irregular cycle, so I've emailed the naturopath that works out of my local pharmacy to arrange an appointment. I'd like some advice on vitex and anything else she can suggest. I really want to start charting as we'd like to sway for a girl but it's mind boggling, esp when I have no idea what's going on with my cycle.

Jemso, are the lemons a boy or girl sway thing? I should know what you're swaying for, I've been reading alot of posts in this section but I've got a brain like a sieve... and a teething ten and a half mth old son who woke up 3 times last night before I got up at 5 to get ready for work...

Lazoodle, LOL!!! Couldn't not comment on your post! Your DP sounds like my DH. When I am sick my "duties" throughout the day are no different from when I'm not sick, I just feel like crap while I'm doing it all. When DH is sick he lays on the couch and whines at me about how unsympathetic I am (while I vacuum under his feet and mutter that I might be unsympathetic but at least I'm not pathetic). Tell him to get on with his duties like you'd have to, he can roll over and die later, as long as he inseminates you first lol!

So apart from waiting to hear back from this naturopath about vitex & supps if she knows anything about all this, I've made a drs appt for friday arvo as I need to take DH anyway. Was looking into Clomid for help with O but maybe that's a bit extreme? I'm panicking because I really want to start charting and make a good go of swaying for a girl but I need to start somewhere and really wish my cycle was regular enough that it made charting a bit simpler so I could chart for a few months, and start trying in August. I also wouldn't mind a supp to lift my libido a bit, if anyone has any suggestions?

#10 Little Ladybug

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

Look what I got! (It's a little hard to see cos I downsized the photo too much, but it is definatly there!) It's all a little surreal, it's going to take a little while to get it into my head I think.

#11 TarneeW

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:46 AM

A huge CONGRATULATIONS Little Ladybug!!!! So very exciting for you! Hoping you have a great pregnancy & looking forward to one day finding out if little Aria is on board biggrin.gif

I'm very excited for you!!!!

When are you due?

#12 Little Ladybug

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

Thanks! I will be due December 30th going by my O date.

#13 jemsoli

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

OMG congrats congrats congrats!!!

#14 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Omg!!!!! Yay yay yay!!!!!!  Congratulations little ladybug!  5 days until I test!  I hope some of your good luck rubs off on some of us too!

How many DPO are you little ladybug?

Edited by V's mummy, 19 April 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#15 Beadles

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:43 PM

Congrats ladybug!!

#16 lozoodle

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

OMG! Yay little ladybug! Fantastic news original.gif

#17 aurora sleeping

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

WOOHOOOOO Little Ladybug you will be in my DIG!!!!!!!!!!

eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif

#18 Little Ladybug

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I'm 11 DPO. I am going to test again in a few days since I have a test left over lol. Just for fun and to make it a bit more believable, especially since I can't get in to see my Dr until May 8th!

And Yay Aurora!

#19 Mrs Miller

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

OMG Little Ladybug Congratulations!!!!!! It makes me so excited to see that + test (you can see it just fine btw!) even though it's not mine. I'll never forget that feeling of seeing it, no matter how much you want it and even if you suspect it.... it's just soooo surreal. I can't wait for that to happen to me. I'm so excited for you! How did you tell your partner? Will you find out what colour you're having?

#20 wannapinky

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Has been ages since I checked in so here goes with the personals LOL

Ladybug, 3BeautifulDS - YAY for you. So fantastic, think we all needed some more good news.  Best of luck with everything.

Jade - Are you still BFing your DS?  You have probably said but can't remember.  Not sure what Dr will say as your DS is only 11 mths old, but if your cycle doesn't become regular over next few months I definitely would ask questions.  Don't leave it 3 years like I did only to find out your eggs are in short supply!

Lozoodle - Great that you got DH to DTD on right day.  Manflu apparently is a real condition - wonder who decided that, a man Dr?!  FX for you.

Tarnee - thanks for message. Hope your cycle settles down, might have to stop BFing though for that to happen fully.

Beadles - I use OPKs from a-gender website, not sure if they are still selling them though. I use all a-gender info as a guide as they had very high success rates.  They would tell us to check ph (both DH and me) 3 weeks prior to serious BDing so you have time to adjust things in your diet etc if it is too high.  Then you test each week leading up to BD and then probably day before BD so you know if you need to use lime tampon (sorry if TMI) to reduce ph.  My DH wasn't so keen on testing ph at first but got used to it after a couple times.

Hi to Aqua and Aurora the 'Graduates'!! Hope you ladies are keeping well. Look forward to joining the club soon.

afm - really must apologise as I'll I've done is talk about my problems lately. Talked to OB/GYN last night after I had AMH blood test done. For those of you who don't know AMH is related to egg numbers. He is concerned about my ovarian reserve as AMH was very low.  Basically my eggs are in short supply and he has recommended trying Clomid as a first step.  I will see him in 2 weeks and go from there.  DH has to have sperm test to see if it is not a combined problem, in which case Clomid would not help.  He did say IVF is next step but that would probably not be an option for us as DH doesn't like it and we already have 2 healthy kids to be grateful for. Trying to stay positive although if I ended up with twin boys, would not be happy Jan!

Best of luck to all of you and I just wanted to also say to anyone reading who has not fallen pregnant after trying for 12 mths and who has irregular cycles, please go see someone.  I am only 33 and already it is nearly over for us.

#21 jemsoli

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

lozoodle yay for convincing DP to man up LOL. still having a laugh about his "lazy sperm" do you have a test date planned?

jade lemons are for boys original.gif aparrently they can increase the PH of your vag. i dont know where i saw it now but i heard of someone using a "lime tampon" (i am assuming lime juice infused) for a girl but EWWWWWW. how did you go at the drs yesterday? did they give you any helpful info?

wannapinky im so sorry to hear of your low AMH, sending you huge huge hugs.

afm feeling pretty good today i must say. got back on the treadmill after a month off the wagon exercise and healthy eating wise, then jumped on the scales to find i am 400g down on my pre-off-the-wagon weight. i was shocked cos the past month i have been eating crap every day! i have lost 19kgs since november and am 6kg lighter than pre pregnancy so hoping being at a healthy weight will assist in me conceiving quicker (i had one dr who i saw when i was TTC DD1 for 18 months tell me that i needed to "drop a few kgs" when i was only 70kgs) man i was fuming.

yeah, so i think the exercise endorphins have put me in a good mood today (though tomorrow i will be cursing the exercise LOL) ummm, nothing much going on. CD6 here, going to start OPKs at CD11 and hope that this month i have a cycle under 35 days.

oh, and DD2 is STILL sleeping through. EVERY night since sunday night, i am so excited i want to do a happy dance hahahaha

#22 TarneeW

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Jemso - Great news about your DD sleeping through tthumbs.gif I hope it has continued since your post. It is such a relief when sleep starts happening!

AFM - On Monday (CD31) AF arrived.... I'm so confused as I'm pretty sure I didn't O. No CM of any interest and definitely no EWCM. Is it possible for AF to occur without O?

This is only my second AF and the time before my last AF, I had an abundance of CM which lasted almost 10 days with EWCM. AF arrived 8 days later.... I'm confused! (Sorry if TMI)

Has anyone had similar? I'm going to post in TTC while BFing - I'm sure it's all related????

Hope everyone is well - it's been pretty quiet in here original.gif

#23 sharkie81

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this section. I have a DS who is 2 next month, and now that we're settled in a really nice routine and things are easier- we thought we may as well make life crazy again and have another little baby! I would be perfectly happy with either gender, but a little girl would mean we would stop at 2 children. We have a house full of boys when you consider the dog is male too!

Thanks for all the wonderful information posted in the first page of this thread. AF last appeared on 17 April so I think I will O on 1st May. So we have to get cracking over the next few days and then stop from about the 28th April? I hope I have that right? And get cracking on the dairy, nuts and jam! original.gif

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

#24 jemsoli

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Will come back to post properly another day but just wanted to say Tarnee that it can be very common not to ovulate while breastfeeding, especially if your cycle has only just come back.

#25 Mrs Miller

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Id love to take a poll but dont know if there's any such function on eb. How many ladies are taking vitex, and is it working for you? Specifically if you had long/irregular cycles beforehand. Also has anyone ever used clomid?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reaction to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

'Chopstick Baby' born at 23 weeks

Given the nickname of 'Chopstick Baby' by local media, a baby born weighing 660g has survived a week outside the womb.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.