Biggest Loser! Spoiler/Gossip Thread #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#126 Tiger_85

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

what do you all think about the elimination this sunday? what's the twist? maybe the bottom two go, so there's a top 3, and not a top 4?

#127 jessie123

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE (Libertine @ 26/04/2012, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats a good point and exactly what i was thinking when Alex said he didn't know anything about potatoes, just that he wasn't allowed them!?!

Not really setting them up with the tools they need to make good choices on the outside.

Sad to see Graham go, I really liked him. I hope he makes his aim of 110kg for finale. I think he's going to have a lovely face once that huge chin finally goes.

They have all the calorie counting books and tools, it is up to them how much effort they put in learning calorie values. When they had another challenge with questions on this sort of thing most of them were pretty woeful too. I don't think Graham is always the most motivated person.

I am guessing that at the end of that huge race your mind is racing and if you had more time to think you could have chosen differently. I didn't realise they said the rosti was cooked with 20 grams of butter, I wonder if Graham realised it was only 20 grams.

#128 cward

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

I was thinking the same thing Tiger_85.

I too felt sorry for Graham but like the pp'ers they are obviously not learning anything about the calorie content in food just that they cant eat it.  On the other hand though if they had watched the show previously then they would have known there would be a calorie portion in this challenge and maybe, at least learnt a couple of things.  Graham should have realised that the potato with only 20g of butter would have been less than the chocolate.

My other gripe is why they use calories all the time and not kilojoules.  This wont help them in the real world either because it is normally listed on packaging in kilojoules not calories (that annoys me in the Michelle Bridges 12WBT as well).

#129 PixieVee

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (cward @ 26/04/2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My other gripe is why they use calories all the time and not kilojoules.  This wont help them in the real world either because it is normally listed on packaging in kilojoules not calories (that annoys me in the Michelle Bridges 12WBT as well).

This is a peeve of mine as well and have mentioned it in a previous thread. We are Australian and use kilojoules ffs! All Australian food packages are in kj!

#130 Snagglepussed

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

I have never understood Kj and always use Calories......much prefer that!!!!!!

Missed it last night but really they sholu dbe making an effort to learn more about it themselves.....they are going to have to cope on the outside so they should start taking control now! The info is there for them - they shouldn't have ot be spoon-fed ('scuse the pun).... LOL

#131 Chocolate Addict

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I wonder if Graham realised it was only 20 grams.

It actually said on the card in front of it "Potato Rosti 20 grams butter" (or something to that effect).

As soon as I saw that I thought it was a better option than some of the other items. Turns out it was only better than the chocolate! lol

#132 Divine 35

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Poor Graham, i really felt for him. I hope he does well, back at home.

Edited by Divine53, 26 April 2012 - 05:51 PM.

#133 kezball

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

Agree with everyone re Graham.

I really really hope Margie doesn't win (even though I think she will win), I hated her cockiness during the super challenge last night. They should have made her get her snow shoe, not have the attendant get it. And she carried on every time she passed someone....ugh

Re Calorie counting, I wish it would all be the same too. I use My Fitness Pal and it's all in calories and when you go to buy stuff it's in kJ and I have to convert it.

Edited by kezball, 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#134 tres-chic

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

I felt bad for Graham too because it really was an abrupt departure, but he did leave his run in the house a bit late and has had nine lives already as a result.

I agree with a PP in that I suspect a double-elimination is coming on Sunday. If previous gossip was right and Alex, Margie and Brenda are the top three, then perhaps Bek and Kasey are going?

How sharp was Bek snatching that hot chocolate from Kasey? Poor Kasey, not the sharpest knife in the drawer. However, Bek's true colours emerging yet again so I won't be sorry to see her gone.

#135 jessie123

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Chocolate Addict @ 26/04/2012, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It actually said on the card in front of it "Potato Rosti 20 grams butter" (or something to that effect).

As soon as I saw that I thought it was a better option than some of the other items. Turns out it was only better than the chocolate! lol

Ok in that case there is no excuse, he should have been able to work that out. Shows how much attention I was paying happy.gif

#136 Penguin78

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Poor Graham. he was never going to last too much longer though.

I think they should do more challenges/contests around making a nutritious meal. its not all about calories. See if they can make a meal that has a good portion of protein, veges and carbs. Cause u need them all to be healthy.

#137 DreamFeralisations

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Penguin78 @ 26/04/2012, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they should do more challenges/contests around making a nutritious meal. its not all about calories. See if they can make a meal that has a good portion of protein, veges and carbs. Cause u need them all to be healthy.

I agree - of course, it appears that they are doing no carbs, which won't help when real life comes back into play.  Perhaps have a "normal day" and get them to do an exercise routine/eating plan for a day in a normal life - throw in a couple of kids and a full-time job - you know "real life"...

#138 Chchgirl

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (Helen Magnus @ 26/04/2012, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why don't they have master classes with janelle anymore at least the contestants and audience were being exposed to ideas about nutrition and Mayr they would have had a better idea about the food choices last night. When you do an exam you expect it to be based on something you should have studied for. I thought last night was a bit unfair.

I agree with the cooking classes and nutrition, something sadly lacking in the series this year.

I'm not so surprised about the elimination though, I've watched the series from the very first all those years ago and from what I remember they have always done the elimination via food after the superchallenge.

I'm always surprised about potatoes and carbs. It is not illegal to have potatoes, it is how you cook them. I've lost weight many a time eating carbs, carbs are so necessary especially for energy when exercising..it's how you serve your carbs..everyone I know who has ditched the carbs lost weight quick but never kept it off..

Edited by Chchgirl, 27 April 2012 - 08:37 AM.

#139 jessie123

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:51 AM

I am not sure why they don't do potatos either. But I remember last year they were eating rice but were not having potatos as a contestant mentioned it in another calorie challenge.

Remembering though this is a competition and they are trying to win $200K, I have heard the trainers outside the show talking about how its a show and on the outside of course you do things differently.

#140 ~A2~

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.