so sad
I want another baby....

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lovebeingamum76

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Hi all

How on earth do you move on when you know another baby is just not going to happen???? Apart from not being able to handle the SK atm medically I have been told not to have another baby....I know deep down it would be stupid to have one so I wont do it but i get so sad to think I will not have another bub in my arms one day....
I start thinking ok well ill concentrate on me now my 2 kids are at school but I have such sad days it makes me think well maybe I could try for 1 more bub.Stupid!!!!!!!!

Obviuosly today is  one of my sad days.............

#2 paddyboo

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

I have no advice but I am sorry. I know how you feel though. I know we may never get another bub. It's a horrible thing. Do you work or have a hobby you put time into?

#3 KT1978

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

We are the same but over time I'm slowly accepting us.

It's worse when I dwell on the "chances" of it happening, if I think it won't happen it's easier to move on. Hoping that it can happen after dp finishes chemo adds stress.  If anything the last few years of ttc and dp getting sick, not being able to try right now has helped me in some way because I'm not in that desperate ttc panic anymore.

I try not to dwell on things like dd not having siblings. I just get in a downward spiral.

Try to focus on the easiness of having one nine year old - financially we are in a great place, we can go on overseas holidays, out for dinner etc.  only a few years and she's in high school and I can do what I want career wise.  We can make spur of the moment decisions like let's go skiing next weekend - can't do that with a baby.

#4 *~*ME*~*

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

I have also been told no more, but i do have 4 and i know i have been blessed. Its just when the decision is made for you, its not fair sad.gif

#5 itsaboysworld

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

I know the feeling too. I dont know how you get past it, except to look at the practical reasons not to and repeat them to yourself often enough that it gives your some perspective. I dont think anything stops it from being completely heartwrenching though, no matter how many kids youve had or why you cant have more.

#6 strawberrycakes

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

I understand how your feeling.  My DH & I can not have children naturally, I have one child only & funding another cycle of IVF/ICSI is just so out of our realm that we will not be having anymore children.

My DD starts school next year so to cope we concentrate on all the positives that can come through not having another child & in turn me not having to be a sahm anymore.

I am currently studying and fingers crossed but it looks like I may be returning to full time work very soon.  DH & I are planning a holiday & looking forward to having some financial stress removed from having two wages again after nearly 5 years of being on one wage.

I have had time to come to terms with not having any more children & after 12 mths I am OK with it.  I am looking forward to getting a personal life back to some extent & although I do worry that DD may be lonely being an only child we know that once she is at daycare & then school full time she will make some good friendships.

Some days I look at babies or pregnant women & I get that little pang of jealousy but I just try & remind myself of the positives & just be thankful that I am able to experience motherhood at all.

Best wishes

#7 EssentialBludger

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

I understand. I sometimes feel a pang when I see a pregnant woman or a newborn. But I need to be honest with myself, the pregnancy and newborn stage is the only bit that I truly love. I don't do toddlers well. So I just repeat to myself "babies turn into toddlers". Over and over again. Tounge1.gif

#8 lovebeingamum76

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Thanks ladies...I am trying to get myself into work again.I have just doing cert 3 in child studies and hope to get into FDC  one I do a couple of things to my house.I still want to be here for the kids morning and afternoon so this is the best job for me so I can be here ATM. I am hoping once I get stuck into that things will get better......
I was pretty much a single mum and loved the newborn- 4 year old stage lol....Now they drive me nuts but love them to pieces lol..

Edited by lovebeingamum76, 17 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#9 Peace&Love

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

It does get slightly easier as time goes on but you do have your days sad.gif  (hugs)

#10 saxa

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

I can't have anymore children we have one DS who is 8.

I pretty much feel the same way as KT1978.

It does get easier as the time goes on the hardest part for me was having the decision taken away from me thanks to cancer and having to have a hysterectomy.

It has been 6 years now and there are times I do still get a little sad, but no where near as much as I used to.

#11 ali27

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

I know it's difficult, but I think it's easiest to think of different chapters in your life. Babies times are over, but it doesn't mean that there can't be other positive and enjoyable things to come.

#12 Canberra Chick

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

We have actively decided to stop trying for number 3. After 2 years I hadn't even had a MC, just no pregnancies at all and my cycle and moods were getting worse, so I am back on the combined pill. sad.gif

It is sad, but I am being positive and thinking of all the fun things we can do as a family now DD is getting older, more independent and TT'd (soon!!!) and in a few years no expense from childcare too. And as the gap got bigger, I was feeling less excited about going through the tiredness and weight gain again.

I'm sure when I start selling off the pram, giving away/selling the toys/bags of clothes etc I'll feel sad again. Mind you, the extra space will be amazing!

I guess just try to focus on positives and enjoy your two gorgeous children as they grow.

#13 ASoccerMum

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

I know how you feel. I'm sorry - I have no advice for you, just wanted to let you know you are not alone (as you can see from the lovely responses here)

#14 protart roflcoptor

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

It is a pang, but it will ease.

And just think, you will have that much more time and energy to focus on your children and step-children and get things working properly in your newly blended family without the added issue of a pregnancy and then newborn. It really does sound like you have a lot ahead of you in that area.

#15 Guest_HopeFaithLove_*

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Edited by HopeFaithLove, 20 April 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#16 Snorlax

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm so sorry.

I hope I'm not being insensitive in posting here.

I did feel like this too. I had trouble TTC #2 & had resigned myself to the fact that #1 would be an only child, then of course things changed. I always wanted 3 but due to past trouble I didn't think it would happen naturally for us & so we looking into foster caring. I was set on that when #3 came along & 'disrupted' things.

I agree with all the advice given. Hobbies & time will make it easier. I also (during my dark times) found myself comparing my situation to others who seemed to get pregnant at the drop of a hat & had no trouble TTC & that only brought me down. A good friend suggested viewing their situation as separate than mine - yes sounds easier than it was! - but in time I found that forcing myself to do this helped a little.

Big hugs. I'm so sorry.

bbighug.gif

#17 Tall Poppy

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:29 PM

I would dearly love a third child. We won't be having one though as DH refuses. I've thrown myself into a uni degree by correspondence, it is helping but hasn't stopped the feelings as yet. I also know a few pregnant women at the moment which I don't think is helping. Hopefully it eases with time for us all.

#18 Guest_HopeFaithLove_*

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Edited by HopeFaithLove, 20 April 2012 - 12:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Get your FREE Baby & Toddler Show ticket!

Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.

A solo birth, a wasp swarm and a forest fire: mum and baby's amazing story of survival

Desperate, out of petrol and low on food, a new mother lit a fire in the hope of attracting attention.

Boy found on swing died of hypothermia and dehydration, autopsy finds

The story was chilling and heartbreaking: a three-year-old boy was found dead in a Southern Maryland park, his mother pushing him on the swing.

Child's play and laughter help battle fatigue

Feeling fatigued? Uh-huh, thought as much. Join the queue.

Dad shares entertaining 'how to hold a baby' clip

For many new dads, their own child is the first baby they have ever held. So one dad has posted an instructive YouTube video titled "How to Hold a Baby".

The Australian baby with 100,000 Facebook fans

She may be only eight months old, but Egypt has already amassed more than 100,000 fans and received a letter from royalty - Hollywood royalty that is.

Public welcome outside church for Princess Charlotte's christening

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have invited well-wishers to see Princess Charlotte outside church in Sandringham on day of her baptism.

Tongue tie: what you need to know

Tongue and lip tie can lead to many problems for babies - and their parents. Here are the signs of tongue tie and how it's treated.

My daughter is small but that doesn't matter

My daughter may be small, but it's my job as her parent to refocus back where it belongs - on who she is as a person

Wet wipes linked to rise in allergic reactions

The government has issued a health warning after a rise in allergic skin reactions has been linked to a preservative found in some wet wipes.

Gay couple in their 80s first to wed in Dallas after Supreme Court ruling

Love may have won, but it came with quite the wait.

William Tyrrell's family marks birthday with cake and renewed appeal

The family of missing boy William Tyrrell will mark his fourth birthday on Friday making a cake to share with friends and family as NSW police renewed their public appeal for information on his disappearance.

What all parents should know about safe babywearing

A picture of Ryan Reynolds always gets the girls talking, and a recently shared photo has done exactly that - but this time, it's for all the wrong reasons.

Baby's head shape reveals potentially fatal condition

Thinking her baby just had an unusually shaped head, a mother was shocked to discover it was instead linked to a dangerous condition.

'Help - my toddler hits me!'

My toddler has started hitting when he gets frustrated, is feeling ignored, or just thinks it might be fun.

Why IVF success rates may not be what you think

Transparency, accountability and responsibilityare essential measures to protect IVF vulnerable patients.

On the 10th anniversary of my son's death

This day marks a significant day. Today marks 10 years since I lost my son Kai.

Mother-in-law 'from hell' inspires survival guide

The happily ever after Nicola Milan had imagined wasn't to be – and she blames her mother-in-law.

Name your baby Quinoa, win a $10K gift card

Choosing a name for your little bundle of joy is always a major decision. It can be something traditional, trendy, creative … or inspired by the menu of your favourite chain restaurant.

Owning a pair of nail scissors does not make me a hairdresser

It's been a whole year since sleeping in until 10am. A whole year since having a peaceful shower.

The 83 children who were tragically let down in the last decade

Over a 10-year period, 83 children died from domestic violence abuse in NSW, with three quarters of the victims aged five years or under, the NSW Ombudsman has revealed.

Expert Q&A: Gross motor skill development in toddlers and preschoolers

Dr Katie Heathershaw answers questions about jumping, toe walking, riding a bike and being pigeon toed.

Is it reasonable to expect your partner to give up drinking in pregnancy?

From the moment that I fell pregnant with my son, I realised just how much my life had already started to change.

Stroke victim joins class action against makers of popular contraceptive pill

"I was terrified I would always be this way. The pill needs to come with a much higher warning."

Sexy time

Why you should get excited about scheduling sex

Unfortunately, the belief that sex should always be spontaneous is a myth. It just isn't.

When newborn photoshoots get messy

When it comes to newborn photoshoots, it is all about the timing.

Orphaned baby daughter Ayla wakes from coma

Former All Black Jerry Collins' critically injured orphaned daughter has awoken from her coma and is able to bottle-feed.

Dad takes miraculous catch while feeding baby

One American father has taken multitasking to a new level at a Cubs-Dodgers baseball game at Wrigley Field.

'Samuel is our firstborn, and he will never be forgotten'

Having lost their firstborn at one day old, the Carrolls were overjoyed to welcome their daughter Isobel into the world a year later.

Channel 10's Sarah Harris expecting first child

The Studio host Sarah Harris doesn't mind if her first baby is a boy or girl, but she does hope it is born with one thing in particular.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

27 funny ultrasound pictures

Ultrasounds give you a look at your growing baby ... and sometimes what appears to their womb-buddy, or your bub in an amusing position.

The top 6 misleading parenting terms

From 'morning sickness' to 'the terrible twos', there are many parenting terms that are misleading.

When 'good' nannies go bad

While most nannies take pride in their work, there can be some who have a hidden side.

Woman hospitalised for skinny jeans injury

Beware: skinny jeans might be bad for your health.

Gauze seeding: the bacteria-breeding birth trend

A number of women having caesarean deliveries are now taking steps to give their baby a better 'microbiome' start in life.

Jimmy Fallon writes new children's book for dads

Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC's The Tonight Show, recently wrote a children's book about every father's secret wish for their baby's first word to be "dada" - not "mama".

28 names for babies born in winter

Looking for some baby name inspiration for a bub born during the colder months? Here are 28 options from around the world to consider.

The horrible act that sparked a brawl at child's birthday party

The uncle of the seven-year-old girl at the centre of the brawl at child's birthday party in Sydney's west has described the events leading up to the alarming show of violence.

Babies 'benefit from iPads at a young age': study

More often than not, you'll read that screen time for children should be kept to a minimum - but some scientists are now challenging this way of thinking.

Do mums really just obsessively talk about their children?

Natalie Reilly describes three main types of conversations mothers have. And, surprise, they're not all about kids.

Why some dogs might attack babies or young kids

A baby's smell, the noises it makes and even its gaze can contribute to the potential for a dog attack.

Mum demands refund for 'beargina' christening cake

It was meant to be a tasteful cake to help celebrate a three-year-old's christening.

5 things no one warns you about after giving birth

How many times have you been warned about all the sleepless nights you have to 'look forward to' when you become a parent?

Police officer sang nursery rhyme as heartbreaking photo was taken

A police officer arrived at a devastating scene on Thursday: a car crash resulting in all passengers being thrown from the vehicle.

Don't worry, working mums: Just leave Dad in charge at home

Want to open the boardroom doors for women? Encourage - heck, praise - dads who stay home with their children.

Hilaria Baldwin shares post-baby selfie

Just two days after giving birth, actor Alec Balwin's wife posted a post-baby picture on social media.

'Help - my child won't ever do what I ask!'

Compliance is part of the parent-child relationship, but so is resistance. It's all natural.

Postnatal depression support gets $23 million boost in NSW

The Baird government will include $22.8 million in Tuesday's NSW budget to expand a program designed to help parents at risk of postnatal depression (PND).

'I'm just as tired, scared and stressed as you': stay-at-home dad's plea

I'm really lucky to have two great kids, but I found it really tough with so much being aimed at the mothers and not the fathers.

FREE TICKET

Get your FREE ticket to the Baby & Toddler Show

Get your free ticket to the Sydney Essential Baby & Toddler Show for September 25-27 - register online now.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.