New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Glitterz

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hello hello!

How are you all going?

I've lost track on what has been happening.. I've had a little read over the last few posts...

J Maris: haha your funny.  It took me a while to work out all the acronyms.. I guess you could take AF as what you think it is... it makes sense original.gif  I hope your appt. with your FS goes well and you can get started soon.

Spotty:  Hope your AF arrives soon!  Exciting times ahead.  Good work on the questions... I love those sorts of things.

Hoping:  Hope your doing well.  x

Lokum:  Woohoo.. great scan results.  Im really happy for you.  Would love to hear bow everything goes with you.

Mickey:  Sorry that AF turned up... especially when your start thinking you may have got pregnant naturally.  Good luck with your next cycle.

Hi everyone else I may have forgotten.

AFM  well DAY 1 of cycle woohooo.  My body is back.  My last period was early Jan, so its been a while.  So we are not going to do IVF this cycle as we will be away in early May as well, so we will try ourselves this month, and if unsuccessful (as Im sure we will b haha), we will be doing a fresh ICSI cycle in about 4 weeks time.  Very excited!

How many cycles did you do for TTC #1/2 etc?   We TTC for 13 months ourselves, did clomid for a couple of months then went on to ICSI.  We were blessed to have DD from that first stimulated cycle.

How many cycles have you done so far for TTC #2/3 etc?  We have tried ourselves for about 12 months again, then had 3 BFN from our frozen embryos.  We just had a miscarriage from a stimulated cycle and about to embark on our third ICSI cycle.  (so far 4 embryo transfers in total.)

How many cycles will you do? Will you stop at some point and give up or carry on until you get pregnant/baby?  I think we will keep going until it feels like to much of an emotional burdon.  I cant see that happening for a long long time.  We really much want DD to have a sibling, so I think at this time in our lives we will give everything for that to happen.  If we are not blessed with another child, I think we will be happy that we gave it all, and that we have a beautiful little girl to spoil rotten original.gif  

How old are your child/ren? DD is 1.9 months

How do you stop yourself from going mad when cycling? waiting to cycle etc?  I feel like I've been pretty good when I'm not cycling.  DD keeps me pretty busy so I feel like I dont have alot of time to sit and think about it much.  I also like to keep myself busy with uni work and sport.  When I am on cycle.. Im a mess.  I dont really have a way yet to stop myself going mad... Im open to suggestions original.gif

Can any of you with #1, see youself with just number one if things dont work out?   Yes, but not yet.

How many do you want altogether?
hmmm 4 haha.  Ill be happy with 2 now original.gif... or 1...

Who else will be stimming in about a months time?

#3 spottydog

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks eveyone for answering the questions, just gives a bit of activity in here and a bit of a idea of everyones history. original.gif

Im still waiting on AF, CD 34 today, hoping AF is coming soon.... Same here Glitterz, last AF was 11th Jan, lol.

Chat soon.

spotty.

#4 mickey78

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Glitterz, glad to hear AF decided to show up. I hope to be starting a FET cycle in May with transfer very early in June.

Spotty, hope she's not too far away.

Hi to everyone else.  

I rang the clinic this morning.  They weren't worried at all about waiting another cycle and agreed it was probably a good idea.  I think if I had a normal cycle this month and went ahead with a FET then transfer would be smack bang in the middle of the 5 days I'm away in early May so pretty much a no go because of that anyway.

Mickey

Edited by mickey78, 16 April 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#5 spottydog

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Mickey, I bet even though you are not doing a transfer this month, knowing you are going ahead next month feels good? I know thats how i feel, as long as i have a plan im all good.

How is everyone else? Im going crazy here, no one to talk to lol.

Im on CD 37 today, was really hoping AF would come soon, original.gif

What awful weather we have been having locally, our main roads out of our area were blocked yesterday, so had to stay home, drove me crazy lol.

Chat soon everyone.

spotty.

#6 emmsie78

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hi girls,

HAve been miserably sick this past week so dragging myself through with this horrible cold. Still waiting for AF by the way grrrrr. Good idea on qns spotty:

How many cycles did you do for TTC #1/2 etc?
DS#1 was our first fresh ICSI cycle (after trying naturally for 18months). We had 8 blastocycts frozen & the 5th FET we transferred of these was DS#2 (I never got AF back as was breastfeeding DS#1 so we never tried naturally for #2 - we started trying for #2 when #1 was 10months old)

How many cycles have you done so far for TTC #2/3 etc? We did our last FET transfer (a couple didn't make the defrost) & have recently done a fresh cycle (complete disaster - one dodgy embryo transferred & no frosties)

How many cycles will you do?
We're planning on doing probably a couple more fresh cycles plus any frosties we're lucky enough to get

Will you stop at some point and give up or carry on until you get pregnant/baby?
We will definitely stop at some stage & just appreciate what we have already got. We have talked about continuing this year & then reassessing at the end of the year if no luck. If we had a few more frosties left I think we would finish up with them. My DH in particular is not a fan of the emotional toll & wants us just to enjoy our boys if it doesn't work out

How old are your child/ren?
DS#1 is 3.5 years
DS#2 is 15 months

How do you stop yourself from going mad when cycling? waiting to cycle etc?
When waiting to cycle I probably try not to think about it much (hence not being as active in here when I'm not cycling sorry!). When cycling I think about it all the time & honestly, coming in here & rambling, asking questions etc is my lifeline. I definitely go a bit mad I'm afraid!

How many do you want altogether?
3. I have always wanted 3 & I am really hoping that infertility doesn't rob me of that dream. Having said that, I am super aware there are many who want 6 kids & don't even get 1 so I know I am very lucky to even be close to my ideal number

I found out I'll be doing a long down reg cycle (which is what we did for our first fresh cycle that was super succesful) so will take awhile til EPU (once I get AF) - prob end of May at this stage or early June. Grr can;t believe year is almost half-over already!

Hi to all of you girls xx

#7 J-Marls

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hi All,

Emmsie, hope you are feeling better soon. It is rotten to feel sick, especially when you have littlies to look after. It sounds like it will be a long process from here to EPU. I hope you have a lot to keep you busy.

Spotty, are you still waiting? Being on house arrest in that crazy weather sounds awful. And we haven't even hit winter yet. Not looking forward to that!

Glitterz, glad to hear that AF has finally arrived. (Only in here would you write something like that.)

Hi to everyone else. Have enjoyed reading the answer to the questions. Thanks again Spotty for starting that up.

AFM off to the FS tomorrow (woo hoo. One countdown completed. God knows how many more to go...). Have read everything I can get my hands on about the clinic and their FETs and practically have a spreadsheet about me and my body to present to her - I just want to show her that I am ready to go. I will be so disappointed if they delay it all for any reason.

My main concern is that the IVF clinic also happens to be a very busy obstetrics clinic and I know so many people who are pregnant at the moment. Really hoping I don't run into anyone in the waiting room because I don't want any whispers or questions before we have even started.

Am stalking this place quite regularly so feel free to post everyone, even if you feel not much is happening in your cycle. (waiting, waiting, waiting). I"m with you Spotty that it is nice to have people in here to talk to.

Chat soon

J

#8 mickey78

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi girls,

Emmsie and Spotty, sorry to hear you're both waiting on AF.  Fingers crossed she shows up soon.  And Emmsie, hope you are feeling better soon.

J-Marls, good luck for your FS appointment today.  It sounds like you're prepared so hopefully they can get things moving quickly for you.  I know what you mean about wanting to keep things quiet.  My biggest challenge is stopping DH from telling everyone under the sun.  I've had to remind him several times that I don't need the pressure and remind him of the success/failure FET stats.

Working/Hoping, how are you doing?

Lokum, hope things are travelling along smoothly for you.

Hello to Glitterz and anyone else I've missed.

Yep Spotty, it does help having a plan - I'm cool with change and big things happening as long as I know what's going on or coming up.  At the moment just waiting, waiting (like a few of us are).  AF has pretty much gone so it's just counting down until next cd1 (mid-May) and hoping that my body behaves itself this time around.

Have a good weekend everyone. biggrin.gif

Mickey

#9 spottydog

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Finally, CD 1 here today original.gif

First blood test 1st May, for a natural FET. We are hopeful that our lone embryo will defrost when its time for ET, i have longer cycles, and usually ovulate around CD 18 or so, so the ET will be later as its a blast too original.gif

spotty.

#10 mickey78

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yay Spotty!  Come on little frostie - you can do it!

#11 Glitterz

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

woohooo go spotty!

Its the week for day 1 it seems:)

I have everything crossed for you guys!

I've been thinking about a poor patient from work.  I can tell you what happened but obviously wont say names.  She had 13 eggs collected, but only 1 was mature.  Luckily it fertilised but understandibly is incredibly upset with the outcome.  So upset in fact she is not answering any of our calls.  Her FS tried calling her all day and all yesterday as well. Poor thing.  FS told us to freeze the embryo tomorrow... I cant imagine being in her shoes... she doesnt even know that its getting frozen...

anyway had to get that off my chest...

G.

#12 spottydog

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oh Glitterz, the poor woman.

Can you transfer it? Or is it because she isint answering her calls you cant transfer atm? sad.gif

Either way the poor woman. I dont know her circumstances, but its awful under any. Age, money, other circumstances put a stress on these things too.

Im personally stressing about money, in 30 this year, so age is fine, but having 4 blasts frozen for 3/5yrs i was always hopeful that they would be a sibling for DD. But now we might have to do a fresh, and like your story there is no guarantee. What if i do a fresh and its a flop, we cant afford one fresh cycle, let alone two sad.gif The FETs are a stretch too. sad.gif

Anyway enough from me too.

spotty.

#13 J-Marls

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Yay, Spotty, you are on your way. Fingers crossed that this is the cycle for you.

Glitterz, how sad for that patient. What a rollercoaster ride this can be.

AFM - saw my FS today and we are all set to go with a natural FET. She said she was impressed (and possibly shocked) by all the info I could tell her. I am just so ready to get started.

The annoying part (sorry, a small rant on its way) is that they waited until today to mention that I need to get the child protection check done. I thought I was being so clever and organised by already getting my police check done, but now they are saying if I don't get my paperwork back from child protection that they can't let me start this cycle and I will have to wait a month.

As mine is a natural cycle and nothing really happens until the scan day 10-12 (ie. no drugs at the start) I might be lucky but I will be very annoyed if it gets held up because my paperwork is sitting on someone's desk somewhere. (And don't even get me started on how annoying it is that we have to get these checks done when ferals and bogans just need to look at each other and they are preganant again. Sorry, I see a lot of this stuff through my work. Rant over.)

After hoping that AF would arrive soon so we could get started I now wouldn't mind if it was a few days late so I can still aim for a transfer in May.

Anyhoo, hi to everyone and I hope you all have a good weekend
J

#14 spottydog

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

OMG, what a shock, you poor thing. I take it you are in VIc? Im in NSW, so no police check here for IVF.

I find the whole police check thing a piece of sh*t, what on earth are they doing to stop druggies/alcoholics/all those having kids.... anyway thats a different thread lol.

Good luck with that Jmarls original.gif

spotty.

#15 mickey78

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Oh J-Marls, that really sucks. We're in Qld so no police checks here either. Like Spotty I find the whole thing ridiculous. Hope your paperwork gets through quickly.

Glitterz, very sad for that patient. sad.gif

Spotty, I know what you mean about the money thing. While I'd be happy to do another couple of full stim cycles if we had to I really don't know that we could afford to for a while.  As it is if we have to more than a couple of FETs it will really hurt us. Hope your frosty comes through and you don't need to worry about.

#16 Hoping4a2012baby

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hi everyone,

Wow! Happy to see some action here.  Have been reading, but not posting as I just couldn't do it from my phone.

Oooh Spotty, good luck for this cycle.  Sending lots of love & good vibes to your little embryo.  Must feel so good to be actually cycling.

J - Grrrr about the child protection check.  I would be most furious.  How frustrating.  No words other than...  grrrrrr.....

Glitterz, hormones make us all do strange things.  Not answering the phone is pretty bad though.  I still believe that it only takes one embryo to make a baby & I'd be desperate for it to be implanted if it was me.  But I have done some really nuts things whilst stimming for IVF like wanting to cancel an entire cycle when they moved the EPU date forward to fit in with available theatre times resulting in me having possibly less eggs & I ranted & raved went generally nuts.  (not me of course, just the hormones....)

Will post a big AFM post later.  This stim cycle hasn't gone to plan & I have had quite a few complications & may take some time off for a while & TTC naturally whilst I pick up the pieces & try & save some $$$.

Emmsie, hope you feel better soon.

Mickey, a big hello (waves).

#17 Wishful thinking

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi all,
Popping in to say a big hello to all my mummy friends.  Have been  ph34r.gif and following you all but just haven't been in yet to say hi.

Especially wanted to wish Spotty and Glitterz the best of luck for your upcoming cycles. I will have fingers, toes and everything else crossed that this is the cycle for you both. Spotty, hands.gif the lone ranger comes through thaw intact. Glitterz, one of the girls in my bg got UTD naturally after a number of IVF cycles so you never know....

Emmsie,  waves.gif Sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope you feel better soon.

Lokum, congrats on your BFP, how many weeks are you now?

Hi to all the other ladies in here too, sending you all sticky vibes. I have enjoyed learning your stories too. J-Marls, I sooo hear you on your rant  rant.gif I am in Vic too so also had to jump through all those additional hoops.

Afm, still riding the emotional roller coaster despite being on the other side. Starting to turn the corner and come through all the MS but a couple of scares still have me pretty anxious. Will be 14 weeks on Monday.

Anyway, big hugs to you all.
Take care,
Wishful.

#18 spottydog

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hi girlies,

Mickey, i initially thought with 4 embryos frozen we would 'manage' to pay for up to 4 FETs, but having to pay for a full ICSI is just so hard, because what comes with that is anyones guess, IE no embryos/none frozen/no BFP....

You really cant relax can you? Its really annoying because when i done my previous ICSIs and FETs i got heaps more back from medicare, boo to them changing the rebate to pennies sad.gif

Wishful, thanks for stopping by. I was 'due' the day before you, so would have been 14weeks tomorrow. I like reading your updates in the DIG, good luck getting to a place in the pregnancy that you cna relax original.gif

Hoping, did you have BT? Was it a BFN? I cant remember exactly where you were in your cycle.

Hi to everyone else.

Not much happening here, im finding myself on EB and the internet filling time, haha.... in my earlier days on EB, under a different UN because i lost my log on, i was active and in so many BG whilst TTC #1, but TTC#2, i dont feel so welcome in those groups, so havent bothered looking for elsewhere to 'hang out'....

I have estimated that embryo transfer would  be around the week beginning 13th May original.gif Not taht far away really. OMG exciting yet scary, just because its the lone ranger really....

spotty.

#19 emmsie78

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

spotty Great to hear you are getting back into it again - so exciting! Look forward to hearing how it all goes

Hopingfora2012baby Sorry to hear it hasn't gone to plan for you lately. Heres hoping things sort themselves out & you have some time & space to get back on your feet x

JMarls Yeah - I think it is just Vic that does the police check. Such complete BS isn't it!? Ridiculous. Hope you get it sorted in time to fit a cycle in

Wishful Wonderful to hear all is going so well with your pregnancy x

Glitterz Glad to hear it is go time for you too. Look forward to hearing how it all goes. Horrible to hear the news re that lady at your work. I remember feeling shell-shocked going from 14 eggs to one dodgy embryo in my last fresh cycle. It sucked.

pg mentioned...
Well. As you know, I have long cycles so have been waiting for AF to arrive since getting one just after my disasterous fresh cycle in Feb. I picked up my meds on Monday for when AF finally arrives & they told me to come in for BT in a few days if AF still hadn't arrived. So went in for BT today hoping they'd tell me AF would be here very soon or else bring on AF for me using Clomid or something so I could get back on track....Anyway, got the call this arvo to say the reason AF hasn't arrived is that I'm pregnant already. Naturally. Holy s@#$ I almost fell over (& in fact did a HPT straight away as thought maybe they made a mistake as DH has sperm count of 2 million, terrible motility, morphology etc & worst fresh cycle just recently). Anyway, level is at 1500 so now it's just a waiting game. Don't even know how pregnant I am as have no idea when I ovulated. So feeling cautiously excited & super lucky to be in with a chance but also nervous cos of course how can this work without my good friend ICSI? Will keep you posted if OK as although not assisted conception I still feel a part of this gang & both my boys were ICSI & we were doing ICSI & planning on doing ICSI etc.OK with you girls????

#20 mickey78

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Oh wow Emmsie!  Congratulations!  Well that certainly is a good reason not to have AF.  I'd love to hear how things go.  Good luck!

Wishful, I don't really 'know' you but am glad to hear things are going well.  Must feel good to be in the second trimester already.

Hoping, so sorry to hear things haven't gone as planned. sad.gif

Hello to everyone else. waves.gif

#21 Hoping4a2012baby

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

OMG OMG OMG Emmsie!

Such absolutely fantastic news!!!

A natural pregnancy is just so so so so awesome.  I'm really happy for you & now filled with hope.

xxx ddance.gif

#22 spottydog

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

Hi girlies,

Emmsie, that is WONDERFUL NEWS. And ofcourse you can still hang around, omg look what a journey you have been on.

SO will they do more BT or just a early US to work out dates?

With a number like that, you are probably close to 5weeks? 4w5d or something with that bloods, i only say that going on MY OWN HCGs with my two pregnancies.

So happy for you, hope its a sticky original.gif

spotty.

#23 Glitterz

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

OMMMMMGGGGGG
Emmsie!!!!!!!!!!

Thats bl@@dy awesome!

I knew you would be pregnant!! ... well I didnt know but had this feeling you may have been.

Thats super exciting!  Of course you can hang around, it gives us all hope original.gif

yay cclap.gif

#24 Wishful thinking

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:19 AM

Wow Emmsie, how ironic. That is fabulous, fabulous news, congratulations  ddance.gif
What is your estimated due date? Hope to see you in the AC grads bg.

xx

#25 emmsie78

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks so much for all your best wishes girls! Obviously still early days so I am aware anything can happen but still just so grateful & surprised. Thankyou for letting me hang around til I have the heartbeat scan - a long way to go yet!

HopingGlad it gives you hope - I've seen many of these "surprise" pregnancies before & never thought it would be me as DH's MFI is so severe & we had such a bad fresh cycle recently I thought our embryo quality must be cr@p. I guess you never can tell. Hopefully it's a sticky one

Spotty Yeah - I think you are right re 4 weeks & 5ish days. I haven't had a period since early March but have always had long cycles & thought I was ovulating a couple of weeks ago so don't think I'm that far along (also checked it compared to my hcg levels with the boys & seems about right). I'm having another BT on Wed & I guess I'll have to have a dating scan sometime to work out exactly where I'm at. Hope the little lone ranger defrosts & works perfectly for you x

wishful Not sure re due date at this stage as not sure how pregnant I am - I think it would be sometime mid-December if my calculations are correct but will have to wait & see. Glad to hear all is going well for you & hope to join you soon!

Look forward to some more action in here - looks as though a few people cycling soon which is great
Em x

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.