Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Bellefin

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:03 PM

GOLD!

Well, I know I haven't been in here for long, after 12 months TTC#2 I found out I have low AMH and high FSH. Last cycle I kind of gave up and was looking forward to my FS appt and starting IVF. I got a +ve OPK like I always do and we BD the night before O like I always do. I wasn't even thinking about being in the 2WW. 13 dpo my temp skyrocketed and BFP! I'm 15dpo today and lines on FRER getting darker and no AF so far. I am terrified of losing it because I have been told about bad egg quality blah blah but just trying to maintain a balance between being positive and being realistic.

I really feel like the chiro and acupuncture have helped me. Got a chiro appt on Tuesday so he will love to hear how he "got me pregnant".

Edited by Bellefin, 19 April 2012 - 03:46 PM.

#3 Milano

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

SILVER!
Just popping in to say congrats to Kels22 and Bellefin.
Milano

#4 embracingIVF

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

congrats kells and bellefin

i am esp excited to hear your news bellfin as i feel we have some similiar situations... and my chinese dr said natural is the best with high fsh... god damnedly shame i dont have that option... how often were you getting chiro and accu? tell me more

wub.gif to all

#5 ellik

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Bellefin - congratulations I'm sooo excited to hear your news. Was only thinking of you the other day seeing we've been sharing the 2ww. This is fantastic news. Really good that your lines keep getting darker, have you been in yet for a blood test? Best wishes hon.

#6 Madalem

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Congrats Bellefin! Great news. Hope everything goes well for your pregnancy.....  biggrin.gif
Hello to everyone else....  waves.gif
AFM - nothing to report. Just waiting...still.....

#7 hoping4bubs

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi ladies is it ok if pop into ur thread? Found out today i have super low reserve <1. Seems like a losing battle. Is there any hope for us? I'm calling clinic tomorrow to start our first IVF cycle as soon as possible.
Sorry my first post is a downer but not feeling great.

#8 Bellefin

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thanks everyone, it's nice to be able to talk about it cos I haven't told many people IRL. I went to get a blood test today but Dr said I have to make another appt to get the results and they can't fit me in until Thursday. Typical!
Chiro I've been doing since Feb, they do x3 a week for a few weeks, then twice a week now I'm down to once a week. They say if bits of your spine are out of alignment then certain nerves going out to organs can't do their job properly. I know Drs hate chiro but it makes sense to me. My cycle went from O about day 17 with an 11-12 day LP and spotting before AF, to a perfect 27-28 day cycle with no spotting, only weeks after starting chiro. Acupuncture I started maybe 5 weeks ago, only once a week. I got so much more info/help from these people than from FS and GP. So I'm a believer!

It was also the law of the most inconvenient time to get pregnant, but I couldn't care less about much else now. Got through another day *phew*

How's everyone else travelling?

Ellik I was very surprised and happy to hear of your AMH results. Perhaps there are more errors than they realise or it can change, most people wouldn't get it tested that often because it's expensive. I don't ever want to know what my number is again!

#9 bex18

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:00 AM

hi all, just popping in quicly to ask how much the AMH test is?  Is it bulk billed like all the other hormone bloods?

#10 hoping4bubs

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

I recently paid $72

#11 Bellefin

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

No AMH seems to go elsewhere, not with the other bloods and mine cost $65. Can't get any back from Medicare either

Edited by Bellefin, 19 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#12 indigo~

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Hoping4bubs, I have seen women in this buddy group with AMH <1 get pregnant and have healthy babies. Don't give up hope.

#13 thespottedcat

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hi All, I've been MIA but all good.

Firstly Kels - a belated congratulations. So happy that you got your positive. Please keep us updated on how you are progressing. Wonderful news.

Bellefin - a big congrats to you too and you got it on a natural cycle. Impressive! I think we all hope natural is not completely out of the picture. Interesting re chiro. Another thing to start googling.

Hoping4bubs - welcome to our group.

I've only been missing for about a week but things have moved quick. Nothing to report for me. I am keeping very busy and making the most of my month off stimming. Will obviously give natural a go too but otherwise just keeping busy till early May and next clinic visit.

If any of you are in Sydney - hope you are staying dry - somehow!

Cat

#14 Kels22

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Bellefin - congrats!!!!!!!  That is excellent news!!  Let us know how your results go.

Spottedcat - glad to hear that you're enjoying your month off

Hi to all the newbies waves.gif

As for me, I had my 2nd follow up blood test on Monday and my HCG had gone up from 780 to 1922.  My Dr wants to do a scan one week early to make sure the pregnancy is in the right spot so I will be having a scan on Monday, which will make me 6 weeks.  He said that he probably won't be able to see much so will have to do another scan a week later to check for viability.
I'm so scared that this isn't going to work still and I won't believe it until I see it on the scan.  Symptoms have come and gone which is making me paranoid.  I am forever going to the toilet to check nothing has happened.

#15 indigoboys

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post.  Sorry for not responding earlier - my comp decided to have a hissy fit shortly after I posted and I haven't been able to get back on here until now  mad.gif

Today is day 1 of my first IVF cycle (down reg cycle) so I'm still a couple of weeks away from stimming.  I guess we will see then how responsive my ovaries are  unsure.gif.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone.

Nat

#16 XFingersAndToes

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi ladies,
Hope your little beans keep growing good and healthy Kels and Bellefin!
Hope everyone else is going well with their cycles or having a good break.
Have been very busy with work so not been on much. My DP has to have a knee op soon so what would have otherwise been IVF funds will be going there. A bit of a setback, but what can you do? His health has to come first at the end of the day. Anyways not really feeling like we are going anywhere with TTC at the moment, but just wanted to pop in and say hi.

While I remember I think I read that you need to be off the pill for an accurate AMH result? Might explain your low first result, and why the next 2 were so much higher.
Have a good weekend all, hope you're staying dry!

#17 Luckyme1

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Hi everyone
Well we're still trying naturally and I have an amh of 1.  We were advised to do so by my FS.  My periods are starting to get back to normal after my ds was born and this month for the first time they were 28 days.  Yahoo,  I'm hoping that is a sign my fertility is improving.
As we have moved to Canberra I have also seen a new chinese medicine doctor, who is going to help me, especially with tidying up more cycle.  I was doing acupuncture in Sydney so I hope it all helps.
I'm also seeing a new canberran FS on may 29th.  I hope she can help us make a sibling for my ds.
Well keep your fingers crossed for us folks we're now in the two week wait.
Xfingersandtoes maybe you can do Ivf in a couple of months.  Good luck.
Indigo boys good luck with the Ivf, jabbing must be hideous.
Kells22 what a fab result from you blood test.  As long as you see no blood, don't worry.  The other symptoms can come and go, especially morning sickness, I found ms worse when I was hungry.  That's why I kept eating when preggers and got so fat.
Hello to everyone else!

#18 Kels22

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hi Luckyme1 thanks for your encouragement rolleyes.gif after everything we have been through I am trying not to worry.  I am scared it's going to be a blighted ovum.....Along with low AMH sometimes comes problems with egg quality so that's what's on my mind.  I haven't had, should I say, the "luxury" biggrin.gif of morning sickness yet, all I have had is sore bbs, so much lesser by far now than what they were, tiredness and a bit of cramping.  Thankfully no bleeding.  Does anyone know if crinone once a day can block  a bleed?
Only a few more days then we'll see the first scan.

I must say, I am getting excited about the good results people are having with chinese medicine and acupunture, it gives everyone with low AMH hope outside of all the fertility drugs.

Hope everyone has a good weekend xx

#19 Luckyme1

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

It's probably too early for morning sickness.
My FS said AMH is not an indicator of egg quality, just of how many eggs you have left.  Your age is a best indicator of miscarriage.  1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage in women under 35, so you've just had really bad luck.  I had two before my beautiful boy and the first trimester is terrifying, but you will hold your baby in your arms and it will all be worth it.
Good luck, and vent here whenever you like.

#20 porkchop's mama

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Kels - congratulations!  Fingers crossed for a perfect scan!

indigoboys - best of luck with your cycle!

AFM
I survived the 2WW.  Got my blood result yesterday.  Hcg was 631 and the progesterone was > 300.  The clinic nurse was pretty relaxed and said I don't need a repeat blood at this stage.  Viability scan is booked for 7 weeks, 9 May.

Thank you for all your support over the last few weeks and baby dust to all for your future cycles!

PCM xxx

#21 hoping4bubs

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

QUOTE (indigo~ @ 18/04/2012, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hoping4bubs, I have seen women in this buddy group with AMH <1 get pregnant and have healthy babies. Don't give up hope.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm freaking out now just waiting for our appointment on 8th May, seems like a lifetime away

#22 hoping4bubs

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Can't remember where I read it but could my low AMH result he due to me being in the pill? (I start my IVF cycle on 8th May)

#23 Kels22

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Congrats PCM!!!!  Awesome news xx ddance.gif

#24 ellik

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:34 PM

PCM - congratulations, that is fantastic news!

#25 Madalem

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Congrats pcm!  Great news!   eexcite.gif   Stay sane for the next 2ww for the scan!  Please let us know how you go..... original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.