Alpaca not invited to wedding

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 SarDonik

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

So DH's 2nd cousin, twice removed is getting married. We received the invite which had only mine & DH's name printed on it (my name was misspelled) and said "No children". WTF, who doesn’t want children at their wedding!? But anyway we are prepared to forgive and forget regarding the children issue, but what really makes me as mad a as a box of frogs is that nowhere on that invite did it say “No animals”. Nowhere!! Oh yes it says “No children”, but absofruckinglutely zero mention re animals coming to the wedding.  So I tell DH that it should be OK to bring our Alpaca, Brian, to the wedding, if the invite doesn’t say “no animals” then I can bring him, right? WRONG!! I phoned up the bloody bride to be and we proceed to have the biggest  sh*tfight ever, she’s screaming down the phone at me how having a dirty, great big animal at the wedding is going to ruin her special day blah blah blah and I’m screaming at her that Brian isn’t bloody dirty, he knows how to behave at a social occasion, we bloody co-slept for 3 years FFS!! It’s not like he’s just been plucked straight from the Peruvian mountains! And while this is going on, poor old Brian, is looking through the window at me with those big doe eyes…. He knows we’re fighting about him.. it breaks my cholesterol riddled heart.

We've never found ourselves in this sort of situation ..... what would you do?

Edited by SarDonik, 13 April 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#2 misskrm

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

I think I am in love with you!!!

#3 MrsIncognito

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

That bride is so friggin rude! Poor Brian you cant just exclude him now. He is an important member of your family.

Tell her to go jump in a lake. Brian is coming and if she doesnt like it tough luck.  wink.gif

#4 anabh

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Seriously does she think her wedding is all about what she wants? Who the hell is she to CHOOSE who can and cant come! Next she will be asking for money and not accepting the thirty boxes of glasses she gets given! Have to wonder about people nowadays.

#5 Mel.Bell

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Umm this is a joke der!

#6 wallofdodo

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

I have been to weddings where alpacas have been invited. And let me just say... I would never have them at my wedding.

I think llamas would be fine.

#7 Z-girls rock

roll2.gif

poor Brian.

Maybe you can show the bride this clip of an Alpaca ring bearer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gW4DsYbKGs

the bride might change her mind!

#8 Mrs Dinosaurus

Outreagous.

I'd report her to PETA (twenty years of stalking appropriate response for not allowing Brian to the wedding? Yes.)

#9 kadoodle

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (Mel.Bell @ 13/04/2012, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm this is a joke der!

Don't be silly. rolleyes.gif

Poor bride, I wouldn't want some spitting great quadroped at my wedding hocking loogies at the groomsmen!  And are you going to poop scoop after him?!  HA!

#10 Chubbles

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

I dont see the problem. You can just book Brian into a nearby hotel and you and dh can just take it in turns looking after him.

#11 Franni

take Brian but make sure he is dressed appropriately, He should be able to join the wedding party as a paige boy if he wants to. Screw the bride , just cos she thinks the day is all about her.

#12 ~ky~

Have you told Brian that he could go?

If so, then shame on you for saying anything before clearing it with the bride!

The poor thing will have his expectations so high and you're just going to go and cut them down.

I hope you have some sort of expensive compensation planned for all of this because by all means possible, disappointment and anything other than "happy fairy wishes" must be avoided to have a well rounded and peaceful alpaca!

As for the bride ... well, her invitation should have definitely been more specific and included a 14 page legal document outlining the meaning behind the wording ...

Edited by ~ky~, 13 April 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#13 Epitome

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (Mel.Bell @ 13/04/2012, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Umm this is a joke der!

Dont be ridiculous

This is a serious situation, which once again exemplifies how people getting married are incosiderate and unconcerned about the obligations we have to our pets.

We have a wedding in Sydney next month - but wont be attending as pets arent welcome - can you imagine? I think my puppies look adorable with their fancy collars on and everybody would enjoy watching them play at the reception - especially great aunt marge, whom we have never met....

But no

People are so selfish

#14 Liv_FERAL_sh

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I'm pretty sure this is discrimination or bullying! I'd call the police!

Failing that, dress Brian up in a tux and say he's your hairy, big boned cousin from NZ!

#15 Wolfsbane

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

That is so sad, OP. Doesn't the bride know that alpacas are what weddings are all about?

Perhaps she will understand when she has one of her own.

#16 ~LTM~

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

The question is, does she have a wishing well?

Perhaps Brian could give her a "donation"

So inconsiderate!

Edited by ~LTM~, 13 April 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#17 JaneDoe2010

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Do this:

and no-one will notice. He'll just fit right in next to the mother of the bride.

Just don't sit him near seafood at the reception, I hear alpaca's LOVE seafood. Prawns especially.

#18 globalgirl

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Maybe if you offer to pay for Brian, then it won't be such a big deal?

I can't believe someone doesn't love your pet just as much as you do!

#19 FeralSingleMum

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Screw the bride and her feelings. What about poor Brian.

Time to go to ACA and TT me thinks wink.gif

#20 bakesferalgirls

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

roll2.gif

The hide!! How rude. If you b**ch and moan to all and sundry, hopefully word will get back to her and she'll change her mind.

Just take him. She'll just have to rearrange all the seats to accommodate him and cough up more for his meal. Better still she can uninvite someone so he can fit in.. You can sit in a corner and no one will notice him eating the flower arrangements.

After all your precious petal has to learn how to behave at weddings. Hers will be the perfect one for his first lesson.  wink.gif

#21 FeralFerretOfDoom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

I hear alpaca meat is very tasty.

Maybe Brian could come as the main course.

With some tofu.

#22 Chelara

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

We had children at our wedding, and one of them brought a teeny little baby Maltese terrier, not toilet trained obviously. I even have photos holding the pup. I would have welcomed an alpaca too! my parrot was supposed to come but he flew away that day sad.gif true story.

What fun is a wedding without kids... Or pets?

#23 LambChop

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Sorry OP, but I had a No Alpaca rule for my wedding too, just the last time we let one come to a family function, there was a big row as MIL got mistaken for him from behind and given a rub by dear old Great Uncle Bob.

#24 Z-girls rock

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (RootFerretOfDoom @ 13/04/2012, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hear alpaca meat is very tasty.

Maybe Brian could come as the main course.

With some tofu.

Poor Brian!! (wait a minute.... are you the bride!?! ph34r.gif )

#25 JustBeige

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

ddoh.gif oh man, you forgot to spread it all over FB about what a selfish biatch she is!

Quick go and do it now. and then dont forget to get all your FB clique to have a go as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.