Secondary Infertility BG #7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
121 replies to this topic

#101 StudyMuffin

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Shellby - not ovulating .... meant to be BD'ing with the view of making a baby this week but it's a no go as Clomid hasn't even touched my levels from the sounds of the blood test results and I don't have any 'O' pain or any of the other symptoms I get around O time. I am meant to be having an ultrasound today but they told me to reschedule it for next week.

I'm 6ft'2 and almost 90kgs so I imagine 50gms of Clomid is probably not going to have much of an impact. Anyway not much I can do other than try again and see what the suggestion is after that. Thank you for all the information on the next steps, really helpful to know what my options are to help move things in the right direction if need be. If we get to the stage where nothing is working and the only next step is IVF and Dh still doesn't want to come to the party then I will definately get the name of that clinic off you. DH says that IVF is just too much heartbreak but I think that is just part and parcel of infertility - I wouldn't be suprised if he changes his mind on it, but we will see.

#102 Shellby

Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:30 PM

Studymuffin - Don't give up on your cycle yet (and keep BD). On my clomid cycles I still didn't ovulate until around CD19-20. The clinics seem to always think no you must always ovulate on CD14 with clomid - I'm yet to meet many women where that happened unless they had 28 day cycles already. I would have a U/S around CD16, that will give you an idea if there are any follies and how big they are as they grow 2mm a day and ovulate after they hit 18mm (some wait until 20mm but its a average that if you have one that is 18mm your going to ovulate very soon), so if you have follies around 14mm on CD16, then you know that by CD18 they will be about 18mm and you would ovulate the next 24-48 hours. That is why for women who have a U/S at CD10-12 and see nothing I always suggest another one around CD16 incase they are just going to ovulate late. If you get to CD20 and no ovulation then its most likely it won't happen, but until then don't give up hope.

#103 Stronger

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I agree with Shelby Studymuffin - I always O later in my cycle around CD19-22 and even on Clomid the couple of times I did ovulate it was still really late. I hope it works for you soon and your DH will come around to wanting to take the next step. Do you not need to have a AF before you start again?
Keep us updated!!

Well I am having a little freak out that IVF won't work next time too and that it will never work and we are wasting out money! I am so scared it won't.

#104 HaleyW

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Raffi, so sorry you are in the awful situation. I was there in IOctober last year & thought this won't work, if a fresh cycle doesn't work how on earth can a frozen one be successful, but it did! Don't stop believing, it will happen!
Take care!

#105 kezball

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Hi All,
Stalking to see updates from Izzy...

Thinking of you too Raffi....

My youngest turns 3 on Monday and am in the middle of birthday party preparations so gotta fly!

Take care all,

#106 silver-rain

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi everyone,
Sorry I've not posted in here for a while, been feeling a bit depressed, but I have been reading,  Congrats Izzy!
And commiserations, Raffi, I'm so sorry your first cycle didn't work. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed the next one is the winner!
Hope everyone is well and looking forward to a relaxing weekend  original.gif

AFM, we have the results from the FS, and it's a big fat lot fo nothing really. I had an HSG which shows no blockages or adhesions (good!), my FSH is fine, AMH a little low for my age (9.8 at 33 years) but not panic stations yet, DH's SA was ok, morphology good, motility a fraction low, but his analysis was done slightly longer than an hour after he gave the sample, so that could account for this. DH's testosterone was slightly low, but also no cause for concern, so we're left with no answers and no reason as to why we can't get pregnant sad.gif
At this point, we're struggling with the decision to either keep trying a bit longer, or bite the bullet and try IVF, knowing the huge cost involved. *sigh* Coming up to 2 years now since we started TTC #2. I think if we have no luck by the end of the year, we'll probably try IVF, praying it doesn't come to that.

Righto, enough pity party, just feeling a bit sorry for myself today as I'm in the 2ww and in case I needed further proof that the universe hates me, AF is due on Mother's Day  sad.gif I have been drinking Conception Tea this cycle which has meant I o'd on CD14 instead of my usual CD 17-20, so that's good.
Apologies for the essay, just needed to get it out today. TGIF!

#107 Izy Bee

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

hi all...sorry i havent posted for a bit...we were waiting for pur U/S...which was yesterday...and...there was a little heartbeat..and i have now made my appt.for the anti-natel clinic...who would have thought......on another note...sad week at or place as my mother in law passed away this week, so our joy is tinged with sadness

t

#108 HaleyW

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

Izy . Congratulations on your good news! So sorry about your mother in law though.
Silver Rain. So sorry to hear about your frustrating TTC battle. We turned to IVF after 2 yrs & we got our little miracle. I hope u get yours soon!

#109 Shellby

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:13 AM

Izzy - Glad to hear your U/S went well - bet its starting to feel more real now  original.gif Sorry about your MIL.

Silver-rain - Sorry the FS hasn't found something that can just be fixed, its hard to be sitting in the unknown area. What is Conception Tea? I have never heard of it.

Raffi - My fingers are very crossed that your next cycle comes out with a BFP.gif. Do remember getting a BFP.gif on your first cycle is actually rare, on your 2nd and 3rd try is when most people get their BFP.gif so your right on track with majority of couples who use IVF.

Kez - I hope your daughter has a great b'day.

Well I got through this week okay - my due date was Monday just passed if I hadn't M/C, I was teary on the day before it and was closed up at work on the Monday but have been getting better since then. I felt more angry really like how unfair life was while I watch people I know keep falling pregnant unexpected and I sit here with empty arms and empty wallet after the years of TTC.

Now I have a new thing to deal with as Dh is wanting to talk about babies again, and I would love to but I don't want to TTC anymore IYKWIM, I would love a baby but I'm over TTC and wish we didn't have to do all that crap just to have a slim chance, rather just be one of those people who BD and 2 weeks later has a BFP.gif. So then I try to deal with the feelings by saying look what I have now and the step backwards like no more sleepins with a baby, fancier holidays now the boys are older etc but then I think am I saying that just to protect myself emotionally and being selfish or will I regret not sticking to our first timeline which was stopping when I was 35 which is 3 years away. I really don't know. Like I said if I got a BFP.gif tomorrow I would be happy (and a little scared like I always have been with any of my BFP.gif) but its the actually TTC bit which scares me.

#110 Izy Bee

Posted 05 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Shelby: 35 must be the magic number, that is my cut off too....i just am pleased so far so good!!!

you have to do whats right for you...i had to plead with myDH to do IVF as it didnt matter to him if he had more children.

AFM: it is starting to sink in that yes im pregnant, im still cautious about being happy, but i guess everyone has those moments...my DH is already crossing names off my random lists....but ive told him my mind will change a thousand times before xmas...i am also praying that the DR. will book my C-section for 2 weeks before xmas...thats being selfish i know, but its what i want!!!

good luck everyone...and Raffi, i hope you next try will be he one for you xxxoo

Edited by Izy Bee, 05 May 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#111 Dodger

Posted 05 May 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hi all, just thought I'd pop back in and update you, I haven't posted for a loooong time, but I've been stalking and following your journeys' since I was part of this group.  So after 22 months TTC -

User name- maxi man
Date- 29 April (EDD 23/04)
Name- Hank
Weight- 7lbs3.5oz (3.270kg)
Length- 50cm
HC- 34cm

Successful VBAC!!!

I am smitten  wub.gif

#112 Shellby

Posted 06 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

Congratulations MaxiMan and all the best  biggrin.gif Glad you got your VBAC also  original.gif

#113 StudyMuffin

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hi ladies,

Sorry for my absence, lots going on with me - none of it includes getting pregnant though but I have quit my job and DH & I are doing some serious house/land shopping.Plus uni, there's always uni.

Anyway today I got my *ahem* internal ultrasound. That took forever and was uncomfortable as all hell. I wonder why they didn't take that long when I was pregnant ... I always thought that those ultrasounds were over way too quickly. Also another blood test. I don't feel Clomid has worked this time around either, no 'o' pain, no ewcm, no signs that ovulation has occurred at all. Phooey.

Congratulations Maxi man - enjoy your little addition!

Shellby - sorry to hear the anniversary is coming up sad.gif As for the decision to TTC again or not - do you think you will regret it later down the track if you don't give it a shot? I can completely understand where you are coming from, it's a effing hard journey that you have been on but I guess it comes down to - if you don't give it a go, will you regret that?

Izy - Glad everything is going smoothly in your pregnancy. Really sorry to hear about your mother-in-law passing away. sad.gif Hope you and your DH are holding up okay.

Silver-rain - sorry to hear you have no answers, this is one of my fears about this journey ... so far I don't really have any either. My fingers are crossed that the conception tea works for you. I am also exploring going down the natural therapies path as well.

Apologies to anyone who I have missed.

#114 *littlemiracles*

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hope you don't mind me coming in for a quick update - just let me know and I won't worry if it offends anyone.

We had our scan on Tuesday and we are expecting another little girl :-) I am over the moon. All looked well with bub and she is measuring spot on for dates according to previous scans. I am almost 21 weeks now and off to hospital appt at end of May.

For those of you still waiting, my heart goes out to you all. We were ttc for 3 long years but we did it naturally in the end - through use of naturopath to help out my cycle issues and I think the big thing was being on holidays from work - left old job and started new one after a month off and I think leaving the stress behind was just what the dr ordered!!! I hope to keep coming in and visiting and seeing some more BFP"s for you lovely ladies.

Congrats Maximan on your little boy and yay to Izzy  for all going well so far :-)

xxx

#115 Stronger

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hi ladies
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile but needed a little break from all things baby and TTC.

littlemiracles - that is so lovely - another little girl! Am so glad she is healthy and all the best for the rest of your pregnancy.

maxi man - a big congratulations to you!

Izy Bee - glad all is going well - can you please send some of your IVF luck over to me!!

Studymuffin - I know so much how you feel hun. Sorry to hear Clomid hasn't worked for you - it didn't do anything at all for me either and I wasted nearly a year trying it so if FS says to move onto something different then that is probably best - no use keeping on something that is not working. I hear you about uni too - I have one more assignment and 2 exams for this semester and then I am done!!

Shelby - sorry about your due date anniversary *hugs* It is a hard decision to make about TTC again after all you have been through. I hope you make the best decision for you that you are happy with.

Well I go for my day 21 bloods etc tomorrow...and probably will get all my drugs again to start all over with the IVF journey. I just so hope that this next cycle is it! Not sure if I have O'd this month or not - I think maybe but not sure. No definite pain like last natural time. But DH and I have BD last few days just in case! Although I think I might have a bit of a UTI...great just what I don't need!

xxx

#116 Shellby

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Well I pretty sure I missed it this month, between DH having a cold he caught from me and then I had these horrible stomach cramps we missed the whole time I have EWCM. Not to upset, kinda feel relaxed as I know its a BFN.gif for the cycle so I can't get my hopes up or wonder.

As for TTC, still up in the air really. I'm thinking maybe but not get involved with the clinic and see what my GP can offer me as I know what treatment I need and maybe try a few natural methods as well. I know the vitex didn't work for me or the B6 - both shorten my LP even more, so now trying Vit D as if that is low it can affect your progesterone and I remember a lady here getting pregnant right after having a Vit D injection, so see what happens next cycle. Thinking I may start elevit again instead of just folate and just potter along as see what happens.

Little miracles - congratulations on another little girl - bet your daughter is so excited about having a little sister to play with.

Raffi - Don't worry about being sorry for not being around, I know what you mean about having time outs with TTC and baby talk. My fingers are crossed your next IVF is it.

Studymuffin - did they say anything at your U/S of any follies? Sorry it looks like it didn't work this cycle. Are they going to increase the dose?

Well must be off, boys will be riding home about now and I have to get afternoon tea ready.

#117 HaleyW

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm still here and reading regularly. I'm not posting too much because I know how hard it can be when you're struggling TTC - I've been there for 2 years!

I'm so happy to hear some good news though ... congrats Littlemiracles on your healthy baby girl ... I'm about 2 weeks behind you so haven't had that scan yet. Great and inspiring news Maxi on your bub after so long TTC! And so happy for you Izy Bee.

Study Muffin - hope you'll have some answers soon those internals are awful, I agree!

Raffi - I dropped off for a long time too, so know exactly where you're coming from - it's so all-consuming and sometimes a break is the best thing, so don't feel bad. I'm so looking forward to hearing some positive news from you soon!

Shelby, thinking of you as always and hoping you'll find peace in whatever decision you make about TTC ... but secretly hoping so badly that I'll one day read about your BFP!

Take care all,

Haley

#118 StudyMuffin

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yes I have days where I get pretty dark about the whole thing and need to step away (yesterday) and days where I am okay (today). Understand when people feel they need a bit of a break.

Littlemiracles - congratulations on another little lady original.gif

Raffi - what do you have planned for uni break - I am getting my hair done, ridiculous regrowth going on at the moment, have to get the car serviced too. I have an appointment with the clinic on Monday so they are going to discuss the next step with me then. Nurse said on the phone something along the lines of 'no point continuing with Clomid if it's not working for you' which makes me think they are going to try something else other than just uping the dosage. Hope the next cycle is it for you too!

Shellby - why oh why do colds and illness always appear at 'o' time, that situation has happened to me so many times! I can't find the Elevit pre pregnancy tabs - was wondering if they stopped making them? Only can find those for 'mums with kids'. Blackmores ones are making me gag sad.gif U/S lady didn't say anything much to me at the ultrasound - other than asking if I am okay every now and then. The FS nurse said that 'there probably isn't going to much of interest on the ultrasound' Guess I'll find out on Monday.

Won't be anymore news on me til after my appointment with FS on monday, which means another day missed of uni which will pee off an tutor who has already had a dig about my attendance this semester unsure.gif

#119 Shellby

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

Studymuffin - I found the elevit are only at chemists, whereas they sell the rest of their range in the supermarkets etc. Also not all chemists will stock it because its the most expensive one so people tend to buy the cheaper ones. I found the discount chemists the cheapest and will do specials about once every 3 months so I use to buy up 3 months worth when on special as it came out cheaper than the 3 month pack. If you still have no luck you can buy online and its about the same price as the discount chemists.

I hope your appointment goes well on Monday.

#120 Stronger

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for understanding ladies.

Well no good news from yesterday blood tests at the clinic. Had a call in the arvo to say I haven't ovulated (I was CD24 yesterday) and to commence the pill for 21 days!!! I am a little shocked at this as there was no mention of this at my appointment yesterday morning and it just feels like even more wait time and that is upsetting me. silly I know but I was being so patient waiting for this non-happening cycle to end and we haven't even had a chance this month!

I am going to call clinic this morning though to clarify as the nurse I spoke to was quite confused and keep going away for clarification so just want to talk to somebody else about it.

I just don't get  it really - they knew I may not O by myself so why didn't the clinic give me a trigger shot to make me O this month by myself or put me on the pill at the beginning of the month - I get I needed a break from IVF but why let me just go by myself?? I will be asking that this morning.

Will let you know what happens.

SM - I hope they sort things out for you too!

Shelby - sounds like a good plan and you just never know!!

Gotta go be back later xx

#121 Stronger

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Well just called the clinic and spoke to another nurse and yes it is all correct.

I have to now start the pill for 21 days....then have a AF....then take synarel for another 21 days before we can even think about starting IVF again. So it will be at least August before I even get another attempt at conceiving. I am so upset. I know it is not the end but just the time and the waiting....

It is just.not.fair. I just had a big cry to DH but now just feel like crying again. I hate this. Maybe I should just give up...maybe it is the universe trying to tell me to stop wasting my time and money and heartache.

I just don't know anymore. It just hurts so, so much.

#122 Freckles

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

Time for a new thread ladies. original.gif

Emma

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Does this baby say 'I love you'?

She's only 10 weeks old, but this baby is already dividing people around the world.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.