10 week challenge

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#76 Ianthe

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Lexillotti @ 16/04/2012, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ianthe- it depends on what you are going for. My bmi was 30, it is now 23. I don't look fat (but it still surprises me when i fit into a small or an 8!) but I still feel flabby around the stomach and upper arms which is why I am aiming for a few more kg which will be a bmi of 21.8. Better health says most women seem to prefer being around bmi 21 to 23. I know bmi isn't everything, but it is a guide. Congratulations on your work so far!

Thank you to you and allyr-that does give me a better idea. I did figure being around the middle of the BMI was probably a good place to be.

We are going out to dinner tonight and I have had a shocking week. I will weigh in tomorrow and revise my goals.

SYMONE-has your dog turned up?

Jimmy Moon-what a great job you have done so far!

Lexalotti-I think a 5km run is very impressive no matter what your time.

GIO-I don't think homemade bread is ever a good thing for me to have in my house, no matter how filling it is laughing2.gif

Nae Nae-thanks for the list.

Edited by Ianthe, 17 April 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#77 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Still no dog - though I did have to go for a walk to see if I could find him sad.gif He's old, he's sick, he senile and deaf....I'm not really holding out much hope to find him.

#78 Triple treat

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Symone maybe your dog is sheltering somewhere? I hope he does turn up soon poor thing.

Thanks for the roll call Renee. 19 names is pretty good, though I notice our team leader from 1MKC is AWOL!

Jimmy moon thanks for posting the photos. You already look fantastic so can't wait to see more photos when you reach your goal.

#79 3inJune

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Right my name is in the roll call so I HAVE to do this!  Thanks for putting it together Renee original.gif

I will start reading and doing personals from here.  I need to subscribe to this thread so I come back each day original.gif

I have had a fairly good day today.  I have eaten okay and not brought treats home so there will be no snacking tonight.  That is my downfall-I eat too much at night.  I did combat and balance tonight and burnt 1012 calories.  Air-con is broken at the gym and I haven't sweated that much in ages!

I weigh in tomorrow.  Not really expecting a loss but I will weigh in anyway and own the crappy eating from this past week (can anyone say 10 biscuits last night after dinner  ohmy.gif  )

Hope everyone is doing well (and not inhaling biscuits like me wacko.gif  )

#80 Jimmy Moon

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:42 AM

Thanks so much for your kind words everyone! original.gif

I weighed in this morning, and lost 1.4 kgs. A bit too much, I think. I don't want to be losing muscle instead of fat! I think I might eat a little more food this week.

GL-6
CL-1.4
LL-4.6

Symone I'm so sorry you haven't found your dog yet sad.gif I hope he turns up
today!

3inJune- After dinner is where I usually have a problem, and like to snack on sweet things! It doesn't help when DH likes to bring 'treats' into the house, either. good work burning so many calories original.gif

I'm going to walk to the shops this morning, although it's not really exercising with a 4 year old, 3 year old and no pram! I do have my 2 year old in the Ergo though, so I am walking with an extra 10 kgs strapped to my back wink.gif

I have also got work to tonight. I'm a cleaner, and usually burn about 500 calories a night. It's a pretty good work out in itself! I'm going to go lift weights before work, too original.gif

Good luck to those weighing in today!

#81 imamumto3

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

i weighed in today and have gained 700g. i was pretty good yesterday, but then got stuck into the easter eggs.  i got my fruit and veggie order yesterday and now have heaps of salad stuff so that should help me stay on track

#82 3inJune

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

I weighed in and have lost 900gms :-) I am happy with that! I know I can do it once I see that first loss.

I am going on holidays starting at about 5am tomorrow and wont be back until Sunday.  My plan is to eat subway on our road trip and buy food to prepare when we are there.  Going out for dinner one night and I have lined up my old walking buddy for some early morning walks! Should be fun catching up with people we haven't seen since my youngest was 20 months old ( now almost 5 ).

Keep going imamumto3! Chocolate is so very tempting and I can't keep it in my house without eating it.

JM-my husband is the good one around here!! He is naturally drawn to healthy food and would eat vege and salad for every meal. I am the one who brings all the rubbish home or suggests takeaway  wacko.gif
What sort of cleaning do you do? 500 calories is a nice side effect of working!
I remember walking to the shops with a newborn and 2 in the pram but I don't  think I ever attempted it with them walking, very brave!

I am going to cram in one more gym session before I leave tomorrow. Kids love going to creche at night and we only do that in school holidays, so they are excited!

Have a great day everyone original.gif

#83 GIO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Morning All

Feeling good here.  I have done my Level 3 of Ripped already.  Will shower soon.

Yesterday ended up ok.  The chicken curry was too spicy for most of the kids.  Had no chili but too much garam masala so I polished off theirs.  Then scoffed popcorn afterwards.

I am also heading down the shops, but I'll be putting my kids in the pram.  I prefer the 4yo in the pram coz then I can just get on with it rather than listening to him winge although he still finds something to winge about.  Typical four year old.

Symone - I'm so sorry the poor dog hasn't turned up.  Very sad.

Imamum - Yay for deliveries.  I used to get one and loved it.  It did get boring after a while, but was so convenient.

3inJune - Have a lovely holiday.  Fruit is also good for the road trip.

#84 allyr

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

Good morning all!

GIO- that's a great effort doing Ripped so early!

Symone- I hope your dog turns up. sad.gif

3inJune- congratulations on your weight loss. Great effort!

My weigh in day is Friday, so we'll see.

The weather has turned bad here. Lots of rain. I did a short walk yesterday, but not sure how I'll go today as it is so wet. Off to check out Weigh It Up, then more housework.

Have a great day all.

#85 Guest_HopeFaithLove_*

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Edited by HopeFaithLove, 22 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#86 FionaM

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

hi all

went for a walk last night for 1 1/2 hours and am hoping to do that again tonight but it has been raining.

3injune - my downfall is my numous amount of biscuits after dinner too, so i really need to cut that out.
have a great holiday.

im off to check out weigh it up.

great to hear of the weight losses.
im a bit scared to weigh myself but i will do it tonight.

#87 Nae_Nae

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hello people....

I will start when i start the autumn challenge on the weigh it up website. I am gioing to re-take my measurements at the same time as my weight so I can track the loss. I only did my waist last time. So this time I will do more - thighs and arms and hips. I think that'll cove it. I dropped 8.5cm off my waist the last 10 weeks. So another 4-5cm would be so good!

Does anyone have any extra motivation to lose weight? Like a wedding or a birthday or a holiday? Or anything at all really. I am getting a breast reduction next year and I want to get rid of the fat before then. I plan on having some pre-op sexy photos taken to remember how I was before the reduction... and kinda say good bye... does that sounds strange? LOL... Anyway I am 35 in July and every birthday i always promise myself I will not be carrying those extra kgs so this year I wont!  eexcite.gif

Edited by Nae_Nae, 18 April 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#88 Guest_HopeFaithLove_*

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Edited by HopeFaithLove, 22 April 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#89 3inJune

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:05 PM

Finally bit the bullet and made a physio appointment.  My left side of my body hates me and is slowly trying to knock me off, one injury at a time!  I have bursitis in my hip, that is fine with regular stretching etc.  Now my left knee hurts and my left shoulder/neck muscle is about to go postal again (last time = 3 days bedrest...)  So I am finally being an adult about it and going to get it fixed properly.  Hope it is simple and as painless as possible.  I will do whatever it takes, except give up body combat Tounge1.gif

Nae_Nae-My extra motivation is my brother's wedding in September.  I think I look fine now but want to be better than 'fine' so I can justify buying a funky dress and feel great.  I am also sick of being just that little bit too 'floppy' in the mirror at the gym. I exercise hard and know there is nicely toned muscles under the excess fat layer LOL I just need to man up, stop making excuses and get on with it!

GIO-I have a four year old.  I hear you on the whinging.  Life is just SO HARD when you are four!

allyr-hope Friday brings good numbers for you original.gif

HopeFaithLove-Well done with the loss.  I will do measurements tomorrow.  I thought today was my weigh in day but it is actually tomorrow  wacko.gif  Brain dead at the moment.  I am pear shaped and would love to have some proportion!  I tend to wear tops with frilly shoulder/chest things and such to hide my no boobs Tounge1.gif  Oh and thank goodness for padded bras!  Those and hair straightners have changed my life LOL

FionaM-I just can't have biscuits in the house!  I am terrible.  I make killer chocolate chip biscuits and could easily eat a batch in a day.  Cake and biscuits are my definite downfall.  Good luck with the weigh in.

#90 Supernova2012

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:26 PM

Thanks for doing the list Renee.

Symone- hopefully your dog turns up soon.

GIO- I hate it when I cook curry an the kids don't eat it.

3injune- great job! Have a great holiday.

Imamumto3- ah well, this is a new week!  I have put the Easter eggs on the fridge an they are off limits. I'd better start feeding them to the kids!

Good work jimmy moon- I am in the same boat. I feels bit disappointed as most of it is easter egg weight which is stupid as how much can I expect to lose!

Sorry, too tired for more. Did taekwondo for the first time last night and ran intervals this morning.

Me

Gl 6
Cl 1.6
Ll 4.4

#91 GIO

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hi girls

Got a sick 6 yo today.  His first sick day off school.  My 7 year old has never had a day off.   Poor kid has been vomiting 1/2 the night.

3inJune - Yay for you.  You'll feel much better once you get yourself sorted out and the physio can help fix you.

Lexi - OMG I have so much admiration for you.  How do you fit in taekwando and running and working and three kids?

Me: Finally weighed myself properly this morning.  57kg so I have 5 to go - same as you Lexi.  Bit disappointed that I'm up that high, as I thought I was 55.

So here goes:

GL - 5
CL - 0
LL - 5

#92 *little-rach*

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been MIA the last week. Every time I try to sit down to reply, one of my DD's needs my attention!

Im really not sure if Ive lost anything the last week. I weighed in this morning and Im 66kg, which is what I as 2 weeks ago but then I put on half a kg so I guess Ive lost that again.

Im just sooooo frustrated! Why is it so hard to lose weight? I hate doing it. I feel like I have to be SO strict with my food to even make the slightest change. I just want to throw my hand up in the air and say stuff it! BUT I hate the extra weight! ahhh sorry girls, Im having one of those days!!

GIO - I hope your DS feels better really soon. We had that go through our house a few weeks ago. Not nice. Can I ask how tall you are? Im 158cm so any weight I lose / put on you can see pretty quickly. My goal is 59kg which is what I was before I had DD3. I'd really like to get down to 55kg just to see what that feels like / looks like. Im just not sure if it will ever happen. At 59kg Im very happy with my weight, just wish my thighs were slimmer so maybe losing a few more kg would make the difference?

Lexi - Great loss this week! What do you eat each day?

3inJune - I hope the physio can fix you up real quick.

Nae-Nae - My motivation is I want to fit back into my jeans for winter and also my brother is getting married at the start of November and Im a bridesmaid so I want to be looking my best!

#93 flute

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

morning,

befor I went for my work out this morning I "borrowed" DD1's ipod so I could listen to music. While I was playing around with it I found a a fittness appt that you can put in if you are walking or running and  it tells you how min/hours and how many steps calories and kms you have done

this morning I went for a walk for an hour did 4.24km and burned 253calories, mmmm I think I'll be borrowing dd's Ipod touch more often (untill I can get one of my own)

GIO hope your little man gets better soon

Nae-Nae,I want to be a good role model for my teen age  girls,and show them what a healthy life style is and I want to fit in to my size 16 jeans by winter that is going to be a sweet feeling

little rach, I completely understand what you mean about haveing to be  strict with what you eat, I've been hovering around 81.5/ 82kg  for 4 weeks now and havent been able to move down but I know it's because I haven't been so strict on my self. all I want to do is get to 80kg at the moment even if its 80.9kg

wow Lexi where do you get your energy from I'm tiered just trying to get up in the morning to go to the gym.

Edited by flute, 19 April 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#94 GIO

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

I hear ya Rach

I just had a "snack" of a slice of home made wholemeal bread with home made jam.  It's not unhealthy, and not processed mush, but it's all carbs and 240 calories.  Arrghh.  I like my home made bread and my chutneys and jams and relishes.

I'm 162, or 160, 5'2", so 52 is still well within healthy bmi.  I spent most of my life at 48kg which is at the low end of healthy bmi, so 52 doesn't sound unrealistic, but it shouldn't be this bloody hard either.  Hahaha.

I have "goal weight" of 55 and "ultimate goal weight" of 52, which is why I never get there, coz I get to 55 and think "I did it!!"  LOL.  I just have just fluctuated around 55 for a couple of years now.  I got up to 61 once but that was the highest I've ever been non-pregnant.  I think because I'm always healthy weight I just am not obsessed (motivated) enough.  Shrug.  I dunno.

I have a bet with Lexi now, so that should help.

#95 allyr

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

No exercise here yesterday.It was just too wet.
I walked for 35mins this morning pushing 30kgs in a pram. I hope to go again this arvy.

Sorry about the sickness going through your house GIO.

I'm 161cm so close to your height GIO.

Flute, I know this weight loss thing is sooo hard.

Hang in there Little Rach. We can do it!

#96 allyr

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

Did another 30 min walk this arv, but really think tomorrow's weigh-in will be sad. But I've been walking at least once every day and have really changed my diet.  cry1.gif Except for wine. I love my nightly wines.

#97 Jimmy Moon

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

GIO- hope your wee boy is feeling better! Poor mite sad.gif

I stuck to my eating plan today, yay! And also burnt 700 calories.

It was my 4 year old's first day at kindy today. She LOVED it original.gif It was a bit strange having only 2 kids at home, but it's something I think I can get used to wink.gif it's funny how much easier things seem when one kid is taken out of the equation!

#98 Supernova2012

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

I was too tired to get up for boxing this morning and I was at a conference all day, then dinner and now I am too full of food and cocktails to do anything but go to bed! So no inspiration here today!

Edited by Lexillotti, 19 April 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#99 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

~**SYMONE**~
GL: 5kg
CL: 0.2kg
LL: 4.8kg

Well the results tell all....no exercise and sizzler and hogs breath AND max brenner aren't conducive to weight loss!!

Dog was found, sorry I haven't been in here much. EB just annoys me most of the time and I don't like the format...

Today I have to clean the house and study, hopefully I can find some time to exercise too original.gif

#100 Triple treat

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

Holly
GL 5 kg
CL 0.7 kg
LL 4.3kg

Happy with this week's loss!

Symone considering your week you've done really well! Glad to hear about your dog.

Lex, nice to know you're human and you do get tired! That's how the rest of us feel when we read what you've been up to!

Jimmy Moon are you from NZ? I always think people are when they use the word 'wee'!

Hope the scales aren't too unkind for you today ally.

And I totally agree with everyone else about the difficulty in losing weight! I think it's a cruel trick of the universe that it seems to take at least twice as long to take it off as it does to put it on!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.