10 week challenge

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#1 Supernova2012

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:06 PM

1 million kilo challenge has finished, so now I'd like to have a new challenge and I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else wants to join in for support and accountability.

I like to weigh in Wednesday's as I need a bit of a gap from the weekend, so I am starting today and finishing 30 June.

I want to lose 6 kg through exercising 5 or 6 days a week and being careful what i eat. so far I have done well today, boxing class in the morning, piece of toast for brekkie, Greek salad for lunch, homemade pumpkin soup for tea, apple for snack (a tiny bit of Easter egg may also have fallen in my mouth!), drink were tea, coffee and water.

Anyone want to join me, even for some of the time? I'm particularly looking at you, Matt, Holly and Symone!

What kg would you like to lose?
How will you do it?

Edited by Lexillotti, 11 April 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#2 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

waves.gif Hiya Lex

I'm in!! You shame me all the time when I look at my effort compared to yours LOL

I have done SFA for a while, though I have lost half a kilo since last week. No exercise for about a week, there has been a little bit of chocolate but not much. I am busy catching up on uni work that I have let lapse and am studying for a tax course exam I have tomorrow...PLUS it is school holidays.

I WILL get back to it next week. I WILL exercise at least 5 days a week and will aim to burn 500 calories for three of those sessions. I will also be using myfitnesspal and aiming to eat around 1200 calories a day. I meant to pick up my crunchtime book from my Mum when I was back home over Easter but forgot sad.gif

So for 10 weeks I will aim for 8kg. I have discovered if I don't exercise I don't lose weight so will be focussing on that!! May have to go back to near the start of c25k again though

ETA - champion effort by the way there Lex

Edited by ~**SYMONE**~, 11 April 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#3 3inJune

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Can I join you? I am fit but a little bit pudgy at the moment. I need to lose about 5 or so kilos. I haven't weighed myself in a few months but will do so in the morning.
I love exercise but I eat too much. I am a CK girl from way back, so I plan to count calories starting tomorrow and aim for 1300 a day.
Looking forward to getting back on track and getting to know people in this thread original.gif

#4 Sallystwo

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hello all, do you mind if I join in?  I have been trying to get my eating and excercise back on track over the last few days.  I dont get on the scales much - but guess i need to loose about 5kg.  
I have cut out take out (yes I buy my lunch to often at work) and alcohol.  I have increased my water intake and am starting to plan my meals.
I have been walking this week - only a 30 min stroll but its a start right.
Goodluck to you all.

#5 Jimmy Moon

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Oh, I'd love to join you all!! original.gif

I'm aiming to lose 6 kilos, by using Calorieking to track my calories and carbs. My goal (exercise wise) is to go to two boxing classes a week and do weights at the gym 3 times a week.

My diet has been okay lately, so I want to keep that up.

Good luck everyone. We can do it! original.gif

#6 mards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

I am going to join you too!!
i am going away next week so i dont know how well i will go - but will start the week of the 23rd April (if thats ok) i have 4kg to loose. have been trying to loose it for a long long time (its the last of it) the hardest bit.

I go to the gym about 4 days a week and i will try and curb my crappy diet...  Yep i need your inspiration to keep going ... so would love to join up..

I am just downloading my fitness pal app  - a question - can you load your own calories into it - i mean can you tell it HOW much you have burnt for the day - as i have a HRM i use - and it will give an accurate reading - instead of putting in i ran for half an hour and it make it up for you???

Edited by mards, 12 April 2012 - 08:12 AM.

#7 allyr

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm in! I'm in my early 30's with four kids and have always been able to eat and drink what I like. But the last year has seem me stack on 10kgs. My cjolesterol is a little high and I need to feel better.

So I've made some improvements to my diet (still a long way to go), but need to add exercise. I'll aim for 5 or 6 30min walks a week and then increase it as my fitness levels increase.

ETA my goal for 10 weeks. 8kgs

Edited by allyr, 12 April 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#8 Triple treat

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for starting the thread Lex, yes I need to be here!
I will weigh in Friday mornings as my record over the weekends isn't too wonderful.
I am using some of the recipes from 1MKC until next week when I'll follow weigh it up.
My aim is to follow weigh it up as closely as possible, to keep using my treadmill, and to start some of the exercise routines I have been avoiding so far!
I have lost 7 kg since October but have another 10kg to lose. Aiming for a 5 kg loss in the next 10 weeks.
Holly.

#9 Triple treat

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Mards you can create your own exercise and add in the number of calories in my fitness pal. You can just choose it again if it's the same each time. Otherwise you need to keep creating new exercises!

#10 3inJune

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Good to so many people getting on board :-)

Well I bit the bullet this morning and weighed myself. 65.4   ohmy.gif All my own fault and now I need to fix it. Onward and downward.

Off to Zumba this morning. Burns about 650 calories, so not to shabby. Going to a friend's for lunch but we all take our own, so not too bad  original.gif

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Edited by 3inJune, 12 April 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#11 Nae_Nae

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

I'll join in too.... I didn't weigh in this morning so I can't start today though. i might join in next week offically.

#12 ~Catherine~

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

Would love to join too. I have about 6km to loose and it is so hard to do it.

I am currently trying to get back into my low carb/ high protein diet and also get back into exercise. I have had a bad cold so haven't felt like doing anything and well all I did over easter was eat haha.

I am happy with any weigh in as I weigh everyday anyway. I usually do netball every Wednesday night however as it is holidays this is on hold for another 2 weeks. I am in a country town and the Zumba instructor is on holidays for 4 weeks so will do that once a week when she is back and I have a treadmill so will do that the other days.

I have a wedding in November so would love to be at my goal weight by then so while this is a 10 week challenge I would love to loose the weight in this time and then work at keeping it off.

#13 Supernova2012

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Yay! Welcome everyone!

I got up at did a 6am boxing class even though I really wanted to sleep in as today is my last day off from Easter hols.

Will come back and do personals tonight, better get kids dressed and ready for the day!

#14 kidwrangler

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I'd like to join in too please original.gif

I'm not expecting amazing results as I am working through chronic pain but I am hoping to drop a few kg and improve my diet/ fitness/ pain levels.

I dropped out of the Million Kilo challenge as the food was a hassle with young kids/ limited time and the exercise wasn't at all suited to my injury (I have arthritis in my pelvis as a very rare preg complication - if anyone ever hears of anyone else with it, let me know I'm not alone!?!).

So far over the past few months, I have started to make some positive changes. I am seeing a personal trainer who is being very careful of my injury (last time I tried one, it made everything flare up and I was barely walking due to the pain), I saw my GP who has put me on anti-inflammatory meds that have really helped take the edge off so I can start to strengthen again.

Last week I started the myfitnesspal diary for food and exercise (oh, and yes, mards there is an option to put in your own calories burned). original.gif

#15 flute

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

I'll join you, I started the 12 week challenge on the 1st of jan  but  had to stop in march  because I had a minor operation. yesterday I got the all clear to start exercising. I can't wait to get back in to it.

while I was doing the 12 week challenge  I was able to lose 4.2kg ( I know it's small amount but yay for me ) I am happy with that amount, so this time I am going to lose 5kg I need to lose 30 kg all up, but if I only focus on 5kg at a time I feel  I'll be able to reach the overall goal I have set

for those who are on my fitness pal I'm flute75.

for this 10 week challenge I want to lose :- 5kg

I will do this by:- eating healthy and going to the gym 3 days a week/walking 40 mins 2 days a week

SW 81.8kg
GW 76.8kg

Edited by flute, 12 April 2012 - 03:10 PM.

#16 Bubble11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:28 PM

Hi Everyone.  Lexi thanks for starting a new challenge.  I loged on today hoping for one biggrin.gif .  Ideally I'd love to lose 10.6 kg's all up, but probably not realistic.  5 to 7 kg's loss would put me at a healthy BMI so that's what I'm aiming for.  We're going to start TTC in 7 weeks and I don't want to be on a diet once TTC (taking prenatals to make up for it already) so I've got 7 weeks to lose 7kg's tongue.gif .  I'm mostly doing calorie restriction as I'm too sick to do much exercise.  I already walk 20 mins each day and I'm starting a very restricted version of Couch 2 5k.  Just starting with 2 short jogs, probably 40 seconds each, going for distance not time. Going to add one small jog each week and try to do my yoga every day - though this helps more with the pain than the weight loss I think as it's not very taxing.  I'm using calorie king to track, cause otherwise I tend to mindlessly eat too much.  

SW: 63.6
GW: 56.5

Edited by Bubble11, 12 April 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#17 Guest_HopeFaithLove_*

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

Edited by HopeFaithLove, 22 April 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#18 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

And Lex - that's why I don't like you. Who the heck does boxing class at 6am.......6am is for SLEEPING!!!!!

**sigh** you are going to guilt me into exercising again aren't you sad.gif

I am reassing my goal to 5kg lost. I have too much study for more

HI to everyone else who is joining in, I will attempt some personals when my brain isn't fried

Edited by ~**SYMONE**~, 12 April 2012 - 02:51 PM.

#19 Triple treat

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yes, Lex guilted me into exercise as well. She's good at that!
Guess being able to stop taking my high blood pressure tablets is a pretty good outcome though!

#20 ~**SYMONE**~

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Holly original.gif did you say it was you before?? Or am I just a terrible skim reader...just saw, I am just a terrible skim reader LOL

#21 Nae_Nae

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

So  might make a roll call for us all. What do you think?

I think instead of our wieght we focus on the kg we lose during this 10 weeks. So I am thinking in stead of starting weight (SW) we have Goal to Lose (GL).

Then instead of Current weight (CW) we have Current Loss (CL).

Then we can have Left to lose (LL).

Sound ok?

So I'd be:

Renee (Nae_Nae)
GL: 3kg
CL: 0kg
LL: 3kg

Or something like that?

#22 Triple treat

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

That's ok Symone, I have many aliases...
Happy with your suggestion Renee. Of course my actual weight is a well protected secret so any system which doesn't reveal it is fine by me!
So:
Holly (Triple treat)
GL: 5kg
LL: 5kg

#23 ~Catherine~

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

Catherine
GL: 6kg
LL: 6kg

#24 allyr

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Ally

GL 8
CL 0
LL 8

#25 Bubble11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

happy to post whatever why everyone else wants too.

Bubble
GL: 7.6kg
LL: 7.6kg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Video: Toddler not keen on clean-shaven dad

This little girl thought she was taking part in a standard game of peek-a-boo, but her dad had a surprise for her.

When will I feel like myself again?

At some point I became 'me' again, but not the same me that I was ... and that?s not a bad thing.

Our Watch: ending the national emergency of domestic violence

An ambitious new national initiative aims to address the "national emergency" of domestic violence across Australia.

Decrease in stillbirths in late pregnancy and older mums

There has been a fall in the number of stillbirths among some groups of women despite the overall rate remaining stable, a new report reveals.

My baby was permanently injured during birth

My baby was a few months old when we first heard the term ?brachial plexus birth injury? and the heart wrenching news that he may never gain full function of his arm.

Being a yo-yo mama is the rhythm of motherhood

A flip-flop happy-sad can occur in the same minute, the same second. And it continues forever, throughout a yo-yo mama's tenure, beginning with pregnancy.

Is it okay to ask for money instead of gifts?

First it was weddings. Then it was engagement parties. Now it seems christenings are following the trend of asking guests for money in lieu of gifts.

Crash testing new parenthood

The new documentary series Crash Test Mummies & Daddies takes a fly-on-the-wall look at the first months of life with a newborn.

Itching for a solution to eczema

Around 30 per cent of children live with eczema every day. A dad shares his son's story and gets advice from an expert.

Video: The challenges and joys of making new mum friends

This hilarious video shows how making new mum friends can be awkward - but reassures that it is possible.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Win a House of Magic prize pack

To celebrate the release of the new movie House of Magic, we have 10 double passes and magic sets to give away just in time for these school holidays. Enter Now for a chance to win!

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

'I wanted a heart over the i'

After naming her other daughter Princess Tiaamii, glamour model Katie Price needed a special name for her new baby.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.