Due in December 2012 Chat thread #3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Retro_Mumma_*

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi,
I just found out yesterday that im pregnant with number two original.gif

Bit of a shock actually.

DH and I have been trying for over 12 months and then decided to have a break because it was starting to get to me and then I got pregnant! original.gif

Due December 16th original.gif

#52 Ducki151

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Hi all!! sorry to crash the thread Tounge1.gif but OH and I had our dating scan yesterday and found out we're 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant today biggrin.gif
Kinda excited but its been awhile since ive done the whole pregnancy thing (DD is 7 years old) so i wanted to ask you ladies what should my next step be??

#53 dreamingofcats

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi, was wondering if I could join?

I got my BFP on Tuesday. HCG results look good. Am roughly 4 weeks, 4/5 days. This is our first baby after ttc for 4yrs. Was a very big surprise.

Unfortunately atm I as sick as a dog with the flu and cant take a damm thing waaahhhhh. Not many symptoms, just incredibly sore (.)(.)

Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

#54 MuppetGirl

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Just a quick pop in from me, I am about to go pick up the kids!

Had my scan and it was very terrifying to start with as she could only see the sack and no baby, she said it looked like I was only about 5 weeks which is not right as I am definitely at least 6 weeks.

So then she did an internal scan. Much much better. We saw the baby blob Tounge1.gif and it measured at 6w1d which is much better (I had myself down as 6w 3d) and there was a HEARTBEAT!! I am now predicting that I am having a girl too original.gif

The only old wives tale that I have found has any sort of accuracy is the one about the heartbeat and this baby was nice and strong at 176bpm so I definitely think girl.

Hopefully will be able to catch up on some personals once the kids are in bed.

#55 Pssst...

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi everyone, and big congratulations to those who have joined us recently!

As I suspected, this thread moves far too quickly for me!  But I do follow as best as I can on my phone which annoys me no end for posting replies, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to do personals.

I did just want to post about the soft cheese thing - can't remember who brought it up, may have been way back in the first thread!  At my antenatal classes for DD, someone asked about eating Australian soft cheeses because they're pastuerised.  The nurses/midwives advised that it's still best not to because of the rind.  It's basically mould and can harbour bacteria.  But, I don't like the stuff so don't miss it - so perhaps I'm not the best person to listen to!  haha!

AFM - feeling a bit green around the gills pretty much every day now.  The worst times for me are just after breakfast and at around 5pm.  And I've been hit with the insomia as well.  With DD I would have 3 or 4 nights of crappy sleep and then be so exhausted I'd sleep like a log.  But I'm up to a week and counting...

All went well at the GP last week and I have a dating scan for next Wednesday which will tell me if I'm 7+2 weeks or 8+2 weeks.  I'm pretty sure it's the former, I think I was haivng a longer cycle.  It'll be so nice to see a heartbeat!  Especially since we've told a few people - just a couple of close friends and my mum guessed on Sunday because I didn't drink at Easter lunch!  Ooops!  Should have said yes to the glass of wine and then just left it!  wink.gif

We've also ordered a t-shirt for DD to wear - on the front it says 'I have a secret' and on the back is says 'I'm going to be a big sister'.  We found it on Cafe press.  Assuming the scan goes well next week, we're thinking we might tell our families on mothers day.

For the list, I'm guessing another girl.  And I think we'll be keeping it a surprise.  

Hope you all stay well xx

#56 amy26

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hi all.

For those that have had dating scans. Why did you get them done?? Did GP refer, because of prior miscarrige or unknown last period date. Or all of the above

I've rang around today to work out my care/birth options

The Dating Scan done at ultrasound clinic will cost $130 but the woman was like "why are you having this done if you know your due date?"

But it I'm not doing the Nuchal which is optional anyhow and many countries don't do this anyhow unless you are over 35. My first scan will be at 20wks which seems odd - how will I know the babies ok

Private Ob will cost 160 initial consultation, $75 for each antenatal and $320 for 20wk scan then $1700 for the birth ($1200 of which is payable upfront prior to birth) and $2400 for complicated birth/ c/s.
The $95 for after birth consult.

Private Midwife
will cost $5000 and the girl I spoke to was very helpful and lovely but medicare won't cover any of that as she works part time not full time. And in a hospital birth she can't provide any care only doula care like a birth assistant.

Nepean have a Midwives clinic if you get in early (as soon as you get that BFP) and you will be assigned a midwife and see them for all your antenatal apps and scan referals. I'm told they also support VBAC.

Other option I had and did last time was shared care, I saw my GP throughout pregnancy and saw midwives at the very end at hospital for last few weeks from 37wks as was hospital requirement.

I'm going to ring nepean tomorrow morning - I tried 3 times today and couldn't get through and confirm I'm booked in to continuity of care midwives clinic. June 15th is my first app

Thought I'd share this info for anyone interested especially the first timers

welcome to the newbies/congrats on your BFP's

#57 cosmic79

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Just dropping in quickly.  Someone said waaaay back in the first December thread that they were already having pregnancy insomnia.  I was shocked as I'd never heard it happening so early...

Oh, how I jinxed myself!  3am wake-ups for the last three nights!  Aaarghhh!   ohmy.gif

Although I'm shocking at finding the time to post as i'm working ridiculous hours at my work-at-home job, I'm keeping up with you all!  Congrats to all the newbies, and I'm also loving the heartbeat stories!  original.gif

#58 Nofliesonme

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

DP Age:28
TTC since: never TTC
Been with partner: 9 years in august
Married: nope
How did we meet: EB
Children: jasmine ,hayley, Fletcher
Industry I work in: agriculture/ beef
Interests/General Info:
Picture of Me: yeah not tonigh.lol

#59 organic~sab

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi Klee, congrats and welcome!

grasshopper, really hope this is a super sticky bub

MrsPotatoHead, colds going around here too, DS just had it and now DH, hope I dont get it and yep on the baby brain, I have baby on my brain at the moment that its all im thinking about lol.

thesame, wow, you are so super organized. We are also doing the 'Im going to be a BIG brother' t-shirt, got a $5 shirt from Big W and used fabric paint we already had. We've invited our parents around on Monday and when they are all here im taking DS away for a 'nappy change' and then wait and hope they notice. Good luck!

Retro_Mumma, yay for getting pregnant on a break!

Welcome Dreamingofcats, wow 4 years, congrats, you so deserve this!

Cosmic, omg, yes! The past two nights at around 4am I wake up and can't get to sleep, so annoying!!

AFM, Constant hunger and the need to frequently pee has already begun. Tomorrow we're going to doctor to officially confirm this pregnancy and hopefully get a referral for the birth centre and would love a dating scan seeing as my cycle was 32 days, same as last time, when we thought I was 7 weeks I was actually 5. I also want/need to see my little baby wub.gif I'm already in love.

#60 KiwiMelW

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

DH cousin has a miscarriage last night. She went to get her 12 week scan and the baby wasnít there anymore. They reckon it may have happened 2 weeks ago.  It has totally freaked me out. DH did say to me though that I have a 75% of carrying the baby to term, rather than concentrating on the 25% chance of losing

My Morning sickness has upped itself a whole notch and so has my sore b00bs, so all and all not feeling very well at all

Welcome to all the new ladies here, sorry i dont have time for personal.

#61 andrea79

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hi all and a big congratulations and welcome to all the newbies!

Sorry for no personals, on my phone and just can't seem to keep up! But someone asked about finding out the sex? Yes we will be, we did with DS so I would really like to know for this one. Especially if it's a girl because there are no girls in our family that generation! I have 4 nephews so if it's a girl I'd love to know in advance to stock up on girls clothes etc and get rid of all the boys clothes and hand me downs I've got in storage!!!!

That questionnaire looks good and will be a good way to get to know each other! Also good idea to start a new thread for it though!

Congrats to all of you who have seen a heartbeat! Must be such a relief!

Well I'm a little confused about what to do?? I called my OB yesterday to make an appointment but he's on holidays until May 28th! I'll be over 12 weeks by then and whilst I didn't want an early scan I was planning to see him about 8-9 weeks. So wondering now if I should just wait and have my first scan when I have the NT scan? Or get a referral from my GP for a scan in a few weeks?? DH said if something was wrong he'd prefer to know about it before going to have the NT scan, and I think I agree. If I get to 8 weeks I think I'd then like to see the baby and know everything is ok at that point. Agh sorry for rambling a bit here. I guess I had it all planned out in my mind and now this has thrown me!

Symptoms really kicking in now so that's always reassuring! I'm basically feeling queasy when I'm not eating! Trying to stick to plain crackers etc though and just putting up with it otherwise I'd be eating all day!

Going out to the movies tonight with my mums group from when DS was 3 months old! We still meet fortnightly and this is the first time its just us girls going out! Can't wait!

Hope you all have a great day and weekend

ETA - just saw your post KiwiMel, so sorry to hear about DHs cousin. That must be so heartbreaking to find out like that. Thinking of her and you all. But your DH is right, try not to focus on that part of it as it will only cause stress and anxiety for no reason. I know it's easier said then done though, but try and focus on your symptoms etc!

Edited by andrea79, 13 April 2012 - 07:46 AM.

#62 KiwiMelW

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for your kind words Andrea79, seriously contemplating getting a referral for a dating scan

#63 NICOLE83

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Hi Ladies! Wow i cannot keep up with thi thread! No personals from me today.

We went camping over easter and ms started to kick in, not too bad but enough for our friends to ask if i was expecting! Of course i just said no and said i wasn't feeling the best but i'm sure they all guessed. Since we've been home it really ramped up. As i said in previous thread i had hyperemises with DS#3 and fear that i'm already getting it now. I really hope there is no judgement here because unless you have experienced it (and it's not just normal quesiness of m/s) but at one very very low point i actually said to my DH that i didn't think i could go through with it. DH has been a fantastic support, has been driving me to drs and naturpath and accupuncturist. So far i've tried maxalon, stemetil, sick sickness bands, ginger, had accupuncture yesterday, had a homeopathic remedy made up and yesterday the dr prescribed Zofran (i think it's a drug they give to chemo patients?). Iam only 6w 6d going by lmp. Anyway, i'm still feeling horrible. Had to take today off work but definately in a better head space. I wouldn't give up this bub for anything but was so concerned as how i was going to look after my 3DS's and the house and work etc etc. To top it all off i also found out that our PHI doesn't cover the pregnancy as we haven't been in it for long enough? I'm sure this is wrong as i speciafically asked the question when we joined but i cant deal with the stree right now. So anyway have booked into the public hospital (Nepean) first appt is 24th May and also have arranged a dating scan for next tues.

Sorry for the long post, not wanting sympathy or anything else but as we haven't even told our parents yet (telling them tomorrow) just felt like i needed to get it off my chest. Has been an emotional week in our household and i'm crossing my fingers and toes that something eases up soon although i dont like my chances.

Hope everyone else is doing alot better than me! So glad to see so many positive heartbeats too it's always a very special moment.

#64 FourLittleLoves

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

NICOLE83 I have had two friends suffer with HG and another mother in my last DIG also, it is a very scary thing. I hope yours is manageable this time around and glad to hear your DH is such a great support.

KiwiMelW Sorry to hear about your DH's cousin. Your increasing symptoms although not very nice must still be reassuring.

AFM still feeling the same, slightly sick, sore boobs, bloated (very unhappy about this one) and a lovely head cold.

#65 maggiechunga

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Hi all.....

i'm new to this DIG - i got my BFP on 9/4 and my due date is 16/12.

i have a dating scan on 4 may so hopefully i'll be far enough along to see a heartbeat!!

this will be (fingers crossed) my second baby.  

i look forward to checking in and seeing how the pregnancy progresses for people.

good luck to us all!!!!!!!!!

Edited by maggiechunga, 13 April 2012 - 10:15 AM.

#66 aurora sleeping

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:21 AM

Phew, okay I kept trying to get on here to update the list! It's done up to this point so if people go back to page 1 everyone is now on there up to this point (with as much info as I could find!).

Helloooooo Newbies!!!!!! waves.gif  Big congrats, it's such a crazy, exciting time!!! A few personals first...

Ally we won't be finding out the sex (I don't think!!!). I don't feel as strong at this point... We swayed for a girl this time and I'm not sure whether it's better to find out or wait til the birth. With our DS we waited til the birth and I quite liked that. Ah well we will see. I think no though. And you can share pictures on here via links to websites like Photobucket so I look forward to getting some scan ones up here!!!!

deb with private vs public - basically, if you go public you won't have to pay anything (or very much) but you aren't guaranteed which OB you will have on the day, and you'll probably have some different ones along the way (unless going through a birthing centre with midwives, or having shared care which some GPs offer which means you see your GP for your appointments). If you go private you will have the same OB throughout and have a better chance of getting that OB for the birth - private hospital means you can sometimes get a room to yourself (or have a higher chance of it), and have the option of going to private hospitals. My OB has what he calls a 'Management Fee' which is the big fee you pay (somewhere between $2000-$8000). Mine is $3300 which I'm happy with as I know he's awesome. Then you sometimes pay for each time you have an appointment (mine bulk bills those) and you pay for scans too (mine bulk bills again, except for the big 19 week scan). Then you sometimes pay for the birth (mine just charges my health fund, even if it's a caesar). So, you really need to ring around and ask the individual OBs how much they are. When going in a private hospital you pay a small fee (mine was $500 last time) for the entire stay, and the health fund covers the rest. If you have extra scans you have to pay for that, plus the anaesthetist charges if you have an EPI (and if it's 'out of hours' it's heaps more!!!). Hope that gives you an idea!!!! Sorry, I'm in Sydney, so may be different elsewhere... People feel free to correct me, especially on public stuff as I went private and only going off what friends said about public. If you don't have health cover and want to go private it's quite expensive, and I can't remember how much Medicare gives back I'm sorry, but the OB's office could tell me that when I called, so I'd call the ones you're interested in to ask.

Chloe, totally normal to feel a bit loopy first time round!!! And every time around!!! I'm feeling it now again! Check with your health fund now to see if you're covered for Obstetrics (preg related stuff). If not, it may influence your decision.

Hellooooo lovely klee!!!!!!!  waves.gif So excited to be in here with you again gorgeous woman!!!!! xxxx

Pssst... Not sure about that cheese thing. In 'What to Expect' the way it puts it, the only concern is the pasteurisation process, rather than any mention about mould. They even say that Australian Brie would be okay, although they have to mention on the packet if it's not pasteurised. So, I'll probably steer clear anyway, but if I know it's Australian I won't be stressing too much. And I love Cafe Press - great shirt to announce it!!!! I have a friend who did the same thing and it was pretty cool to see (she had her kid wear it at church one week, was so funny to see people actually read it and realise what it was saying. They had to prompt a few people to read it though lol). I'll need to add your girl guess to the list!!! Any reason why you're guessing girl?  smile1.gif

Mel sorry about your cousin, that's just awful.  sad.gif

Andrea, if I were you I'd get a scan, rather than waiting. That's totally me though, I just couldn't wait until the 12 week one. As it is, I have to wait til 8 weeks for ours because my OB is away til then and I was tempted to get one before then!!!! But I will wait I guess... If I had to wait til 12, I'd get one before then though.

Nicole you poor thing, that sounds really bad. I have a friend who was hospitalised for her MS for her 2nd kid and told that her body just doesn't like being pregnant, and that she probably shouldn't get pregnant again. But she did (unplanned) and spent almost the whole 3rd pregnancy in hospital. It was pretty bad. Sounds like yours is pretty awful too.  sad.gif  I hope you can find something that works for you soon, and that you can have some rest mate.

AFM - Still plodding along here. Man I'm sooooooooo keen for my scan but still have 2 weeks to go. I'm a teacher so am on holidays now and it's so good to have some time at this point!!! I wish it could last, but it's going to get really busy once hols have finished. Ugh too many things to do, and I just want to lie on the lounge.....  yyawn.gif

#67 MuppetGirl

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Andrea - I would get the referral for the scans off my GP if I was in your situation. I do that anyway with mine as I don't see my OB til after 12 weeks anyway.

KiwiMelW - I'm sorry to hear about your husbands cousin, very sad sad.gif I just concentrate first on getting to 8 weeks. The majority of MCs happen before 8 weeks, so even though we all like to get to the end of the first trimester I take it one step at a time. Get to 8 weeks, feel a bit more relaxed, get to 12 weeks and then start to enjoy it properly. It is a scary time but in all likelihood we will all be fine original.gif

Nicole - We also went camping over the easter weekend, it was so not fun having to go to the toilet 4 times a night when it was -2degrees and a 50m walk to the loo laughing2.gif Sorry to hear about how bad the sickness is getting.

MrsPotatoHead - Isn't the bloating awful?? I have never suffered from it in my other pregnancies, this is just crap! I feel bloated all the time.

aurora sleeping - What year do you teach at school?

AFM - Taking the kids to the zoo today. I would rather be at home sleeping, I am just so tired at the moment! They will have fun though.

We are doing movie night tonight, family movie, popcorn and all of us cuddled up on the couch, looking forward to it, although I should be doing my Uni assignments wink.gif

#68 Keshena

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Congrats and welcome to Retro_Mumma, Ducki151, dreamingofcats and maggiechunga original.gif

Amy26 - My GP referred me (is next week) for the dating scan, I haven't had any previous complications etc so I am guessing it is just purely to confirm my due date. Also with my last pregnancy I was in London for majority of it and had the NF scan over there, it wasn't optional and I was 29 then. I was quite surprised to find out that it is optional over here. Even though our results with our son where 1 in 41,000 we will still be getting it done this time around also.

KiwiMelW - I am so sorry to hear that about your DH's cousin, so sad.

Nicole83 - It sounds like you are having such a rough time you poor thing, I hope it improves. I had actually never heard of that but it sounds awful.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. x

#69 SoTired

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

bbabyflip.gif  bbluestork.gif  bbighug.gif  ddance.gif  waves.gif to all the newbies and congratulations! (sorry, just vomited emoticons there cause I could).

Loving reading the scan stories! Mine is booked for NT on the 15th May. I am counting down not only the weeks and days but the minutes and seconds too!

1st appt with the midwife at the FBC is also coming up.

Re PHI, this time, we decided to go public. Our Ob last time was fantastically, amazingly brilliant but we just cant justify being another $3,500 to $4,000 out of pocket with this bub (and that was after medicare rebates). So we are going public at the FBC, although I cant shake this feeling that i wont even make it. With DD I was in labour for about 3 hours total and as soon as 1st contraction started I was fully dilated (not sure what happened with the first 9cm, but I didnt feel anything!). I am thinking an unplanned home birth, somewhere on the side of the road or in the back of an ambulance might be the way we go! oomg2.gif

So I almost sick.gif the other day but managed to keep it down. Given my HG last time I just feel like I am waiting for the inevitable! But am staying as positive as possible.
Other symptoms- insanely tired, lots of CM (ew), niggling pains, starving, and the biggest CRAVINGS for hot food. Today I bought a hashie from maccas just to satisfy the drive to work. DH is bringing me lunch today at work- what a sweetie. The best thing about me being preggers is that he pays more attention to me than usual which is really nice. He has been patting my tummy and asking if I need anything. He is usually a very attentive hubby anyway but this is extra nice cause I sometimes feel a little fragile.

Last night, DD decided that from 2-3:30am she wanted to play! We bought her in bed with us and all she did was hit mummy and say "UH-OH!". Very cute, but not at that time of the morning! In the end, we threw her back in bed (not literally, dont worry) and she was asleep in 10 mins, thank goodness!

Finding out the sex? Yep, absolutely, positively, 100%! We found out with DD and will find out again. I am waaaay too much of a control freak not to find out but I have so much respect for those who get a surprise, I wish I was like you!

We are still telling everyone in person (except for work) as we see them and anyone who doesnt know by DD 1st birthday in May will find out at her party.

Have a brilliant weekend, everyone!
xo

#70 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hi Ladies, just thought I'd pop in and confirm that it was a m/c starting on mon. My bloods came back 3 for yesterday so doc said I'm all good to move on to next month original.gif
I'm trying to be positive because we fell PG first cycle, so all going well I'm hoping I'll join the Jan DIG ! original.gif

Thankyou to all of your for being so great while I was here!

Glad to see all of your pregnancies progressing well! Hope your journies are amazing! Good Luck! original.gif

#71 SoTired

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

LittleJacksonOne
bbighug.gif
I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good Luck xo

I fell pregnant 1st month after a m/c- it is quite common, so I have everything crossed for you.

#72 Zingiber

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Not a good day....this insomnia is taking it's toll - I am so so tired. Also so so hungry but am trying my hardest to keep my eating patterns and quantities as normal as possible because i haven't been to the gym this week...on account of being so so tired.:-(

Am suddenly bloated too which I'm not happy about - I suspect it has to do with not having done any exercise for 3 or 4 days.

I suppose I can count my blessings in that there has been no MS....I don't think I could cope with being this tired and feeling ill at the same time.

Had a fight with DP over the step-daughter. There's been sporadic talk about her moving in with us at the end of the year. (Our child support payments to her mother end in October so her mother wants her out of the house the day that cashflow ends. Nice.) I was never that keen on the idea but obviously now I am deadset against it. Am i being completely unreasonable to not want to have to deal with a teenager at the same time as being 8 months pregnant/having a new born? I've seen how tough the last/first couple of months can be and I just don't want to have to tip toe around what can already be a tricky relationship...... except I'm not being that diplomatic in how I express this because i'm still sulking about her going through my bedside table.

#73 Chloejames88

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Morning Everyone,

Having my first scan on Monday, very excited. I realised i may have miscalculated my dates , but once i have proper confirmation i will put new EDD up for the list.

AURORA SLEEPING Im glad to hear that its completely normal to think the way i do .

DREAMINGOFCATS Big congratulations to your BFG. Finally after such a long wait you've been blessed. May everything run smoothly.

PSST.. and COSMIC You are not alone in the insomnia. I have been going to sleep late, late at night and then waking up around 3-4 in the morning. I just cant get back to sleep. I find that about midday my body wears out and im out like a light for an hour, then BAM straight back up. I find this so unusual as i was quite tired before i found out i was pregnant and i expected it to have lasted at lot longer than this.

As to finding out the sex, which i have notice being mentioned alot. DP and I are 100% finding out. As first time parents we want to be overly prepared. Babys room, clothes, names etc. Also finding out we are pregnant was a huge enough surprise for us. Maybe with #2 we might take a different approach.

We have told immediate family about the pregnancy and closest of close friends. We discussed when would be the right time to tell the remainder of friends and family and we chose after 8 wks. I was a little hesitant to tell alot of people because its so early but someone previously said about even if something was to go wrong you will have the support you need.

Definitely going Public. I agree with some saying that you can't find that paying thousands on top of already spending thousands on preparing for bubs justifiable . It is alot and especially only being on one income can be quite hard. DM said we were all born in Public, and she said the extra money she saved was spent on getting us through the first 6 months of us outgrowing everything. Each to their own though.

Lastly i would like to say thanks to everyone blogging on here about their symptoms and experience. I am finding it very useful to anticipate what to expect in further months. But also a little disheartening as i have only had the slight insomnia and tender boobs. Which even those tend to be on and off. Fingers crossed that my scan proves useful and eases my worried mind. Maybe even a little heart beat would be great.

Edited by ~A2~, 13 April 2012 - 08:04 PM.
edited to remove sig text box throwing out forum size

#74 Chloejames88

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I was really excited to put my little tag up , but i have obviously  made a mistake on how to add it. HELP?

I realise i must have been writing my post for ages and missed seeing LILJACKSONONE post. I am so sorry to hear about your loss but fingers crossed the next one sticks.

#75 Leafprincess

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi

Hello to the new members.

little Jackson one: that is sad to hear, all the best for next time around and look after yourself.

Will find out sex too, have a feeling it's a boy... Craving salty food etc

Not sure who was talking about the pregnancy management fee being up to $8000 ohmy.gif
Mine is only $1200 is highly recommended based in the Brisbane area, if anyone else is in Brisbane and wants details PM me.

Excuse me for the rant that's about to come:

I feel like hell today.  Got up at 11:30pm because was gassy, burping etc. so thought a peppermint tea would help. Went back to bed around 1am
Told DP I didn't feel right & the next moment I flew into the bathroom & projectile vomited the contents of my stomach all over the vanity, luckily some made it into the sink. Sat up for a few more hours nibbling on dry toast & sipping hot water, back to bed at 3:30am. Then wake at 5:30am absolutely starving.

So I have had next to no sleep, luckily I was working from home today, so I have given myself a sick day and just woken up to a throbbing headache.

Please tell me increasing symptoms is a good sign, because there has to be a silver lining to feel like total road kill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

Baby for Asher Keddie and Vincent Fantauzzo

Fans followed every step of her on-screen pregnancy in Offspring, now Asher Keddie is going to be a mum in real life too.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong': the fight for Kaden's diagnosis

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reaction to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Empowering bikini photo of 46-year-old mum goes viral

When a group of teenagers made rude remarks about her body as she walked past them in a bikini at the local beach, Julie Cross refused to cover up.

Devastated widow discovers she's pregnant the day before husband's funeral

They had been trying to conceive a baby for seven years. Tragically Kristy Kirchner found out she was pregnant the day before her husband Royce's funeral.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Gabriella Goat sues Peppa Pig

Every toddler's favourite television pig is being sued by an Italian woman who shares a name with a Peppa Pig character.

Meet the Mpregs, the male pregnancy enthusiasts

"Men can't have babies - that's something only women can do! But our community is full of like-minded people who wish otherwise."

Your new motherhood survival kit

Forget about the bright, pretty baby things - while you're in survival mode, all you'll need are the essentials.

More than 100,000 cars recalled globally after death of pregnant woman

The announcement of a mass recall comes as Malaysian police investigate the death of pregnant woman in July.

I had a 'good baby' but still suffered from postnatal depression

I had a much wanted precious baby girl, a 'good baby' who slept well, self settled and was mostly content. It just seemed implausible to think I could succumb to depression.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win one of 5 Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Sport

Australia?s No 1 selling car is now available in a Sports model and we have 5 to give away to some lucky Essential Baby families.

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

'It's not you, it's me': Boston bombing survivor mum to have leg amputated

Rebekah DiMartino is going through a break-up. She even wrote a farewell love letter. But it's not to her husband.

What it's like to go through early menopause

In a cruel twist, Carla had been breastfeeding and perimenopausal at the same time. But she's far from the only one to go through menopause early.

Restaurant served alcohol to two-year-old

Busy restaurants can be forgiven for getting food and drink orders mixed up from time to time, but not when the confusion leads to a two-year-old being served an alcoholic cocktail instead of the child-friendly beverage they ordered.

Julia Morris tells of miscarriage on a flight

Julia Morris has spoken about the devastation of suffering a miscarriage while on an international flight.

Woman's survival after birth 'a story of two miracles'

A US mother is home and tending to her new baby less than a month after surviving without a pulse for 45 minutes.

Eating ice may give mental boost to the iron deficient: study

A new study proposes that, like a strong cup of coffee, ice may give those with insufficient iron a much-needed mental boost.

Tiny lives in caring hands: Thank U NICU Day

Each year in Australia, over 40,000 newborns need the help of a special care nursery or neonatal intensive care unit. One day a year, the staff are honoured by the parents they help through those dark days.

I paid $50,000 to have a girl

This time my husband and I hadn't taken any chances. We had paid $50,000 and travelled 13,000 kilometres to make sure the baby growing inside me was female.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Dear firstborn, I'm sorry

Being a first-time mum is tough for so many reasons – particularly because you really have no idea what you're doing.

A trace of sesame could kill my son

Helen Richardson son's had two anaphylactic reactions in a month. It's traumatic for everyone.

When you know before the test says yes

It wasn't a pregnancy test or missed period that told me I was pregnant with my second baby; it was too early for those things. A doner kebab told me I was going to be a mum again.

What not to do when your partner is in labour

Robbie Williams stole the show during his wife Ayda's labour, pretty much demonstrating everything on the "what not to do when your partner is in labour" list.

Best maternity swimwear and beach cover-ups

Thinking about a tropical babymoon but have nothing to wear? Here are some great swimwear and beach cover-up options for mums-to-be.

Dad breastfeeds his babies

Trevor Macdonald has now been pregnant twice, and is successfully breastfeeding his newest family member.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.