TTC#1 Thread #206
For those trying to conceive their first child

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
216 replies to this topic

#101 Three Of Hearts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

LittleJacksonOne I had a read of that webpage you linked.  Very interesting reading!  
I thought the following statement was a little scary!

"One recent report from the US revealed that women who drink in excess of one cup of coffee every day are only half as likely to conceive as those who drink less than a cup a day"

That's a shocking figure if its true! I also did some quick research on coke, and it seems that Australian coke has a lot less caffeine than US coke (from what I quickly read) so maybe that is where the OBGYN was getting her info from.  She is from Russia so maybe her figures were coming from coke in other parts of the world.  Ridiculous that it can change so much all the same!!  Her biggest issue with coke and cola drinks was still the chemicals in them.  Here's an interesting read on whats really in cola drinks www.lookingforalternatives.com.au/chemical-soft-drinks/

QUOTE (KateyDee @ 15/04/2012, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I officially had my last Pepsi Max last night lol Yay, go me!

cclap.gif Way to go KateyDee cclap.gif

And i'm loving your new outlook!  It is very much the way I look at it too.  I love my life as it is!  We've got 4 dogs and a parrot!!  I love that we are financially stable, have a growing business, and can be spontaneous with things like going away for a night etc etc.  A baby would be a great new road to go down, but I'm still very happy with the way things are!

I'm glad you're feeling so fantastic!!

#102 ~Bells~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (KateyDee @ 14/04/2012, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bells1184 So sorry to her about AF. My DH is exactly the same way though, he's very wary around me after I tell him AF started, I'm not sure if he thinks I'm angry or sad haha.

AF is due in 5 days on Thursday. I just wish Thursday would hurry up already so I can finish this cycle, leave it well and truly behind me, and get started on the next!

KateyDee: They (the DHs) can be sweet can't they? I've been on meds for anxiety/depression for a few years (since before I even met DH) and have been really good, and slowly reducing my dose for some time. But he does seem very wary of possible set backs, and I've come to realise his reluctance to (over) talk about TTC is just his way of keeping me from focusing on it too much and creating a downward spiral. Bless.

QUOTE (huxley123 @ 14/04/2012, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry about your AF arriving Bells. Right now i can feel your pain. I had a temp drop this morning so waiting for AF s appearance....gutted! My symptoms were far from imaginary in the end but i can't argue with the signs AF on its way!

So sorry to hear about your m/c Littlejacksonone Im sure you'll be graduating again in no time.

huxley123: Hope your AF stays away! My sister had heaps of AF pains in the lead up to her BFP, so until she actually arrives, there is hope! FX!

QUOTE (ChilliDog @ 15/04/2012, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sometimes I really wish there was a LIKE button on EB. Good for you KateyDee...great way to look at things.

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 15/04/2012, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cclap.gif Way to go KateyDee cclap.gif

And i'm loving your new outlook!  It is very much the way I look at it too.  I love my life as it is!  We've got 4 dogs and a parrot!!  I love that we are financially stable, have a growing business, and can be spontaneous with things like going away for a night etc etc.  A baby would be a great new road to go down, but I'm still very happy with the way things are!

I'm glad you're feeling so fantastic!!

Yes! LIKE, absolutely cclap.gif

Despite my focus on TTC, I feel this way too. DH and I are in a great place, we have 3 fur babies (though my Pug is definitely my favourite, he's so snuggly and fun), good jobs, renos planned for the house, supportive families (no evil in-laws for either of us...well DH's sister is a bit sour) etc... No reason to complain, but a baby would just top it all nicely!

Maybe this is why I spend so much time on EB and obsessing over TTC, we have too few other things to worry about, and TTC is so potentially exciting, its hard not to obsess!!

Baby dust to all xo

#103 *Katey*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE (bells1184 @ 15/04/2012, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
renos planned for the house...

Oh yay, us too! We're just waiting on the builder to give us a date when he can start. We've got our quote, our plans are all done, now just waiting for a date. We're getting a new bedroom, walk in robe and ensuite biggrin.gif I cannot wait, because we've been in this house for over 5 years and we've only got one bathroom and no bathtub. So I'm soooo excited to have a bathtub again, and a second toilet!

That's one thing that's actually keeping my mind off TTC.

Edited by KateyDee, 15 April 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#104 huxley123

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Oh my god my body is just driving me mad wacko.gif

Last night around 7 I got my 'real' AF cramps I mean i just knew that was it game over it was well and truly on its way. But nothing.
In so much pain in bed. Still nothing.
1.30 -2.30am in too much pain to sleep and no panadol in the house. Still nothing! I was getting my hopes up thinking maybe im not coming on its all eps!

But low and behold this morning around 6am I went to the loo and (tmi warning) when i wiped there was pinky brown blood. So game over...

or is it???? Ive had nothing since...its now half 9 for me!!!! wtf!!!????

I have NEVER had pain without af appearing...they come at the same time everytime. And with pain like that id expect a good amount of blood.

Whats happening to me? Im soooo over it sad.gif

#105 *Katey*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (huxley123 @ 15/04/2012, 11:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh my god my body is just driving me mad wacko.gif

Last night around 7 I got my 'real' AF cramps I mean i just knew that was it game over it was well and truly on its way. But nothing.
In so much pain in bed. Still nothing.
1.30 -2.30am in too much pain to sleep and no panadol in the house. Still nothing! I was getting my hopes up thinking maybe im not coming on its all eps!

But low and behold this morning around 6am I went to the loo and (tmi warning) when i wiped there was pinky brown blood. So game over...

or is it???? Ive had nothing since...its now half 9 for me!!!! wtf!!!????

I have NEVER had pain without af appearing...they come at the same time everytime. And with pain like that id expect a good amount of blood.

Whats happening to me? Im soooo over it sad.gif

For your sake, I hope it's not AF!

#106 SC99

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Huxley - isn't it frustrating that the only answer is to wait. Grrr. Everything about TTC is waiting. That's why I joined EB, it gives somethig to do and people to obsess with while waiting. Hope your waiting is going okay... And that the witch stays away.

I've hated cutting down on coke and take away sad.gif

#107 Sunshiney

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

LittleJacksonOne - sorry to see you return. Hopefully you'll be back in the grads before you know it.  As KateyDee said, don't despair if it takes a longer than one cycle - it's pretty rare to get a BFP straight away. So stay positive, but don't give yourself a time frame.  xx

Big hugs to everyone who has AF atm.  

ChilliDog - great news about your work & so glad that your wedding went so well!!

BIAP - fantastic test results!! So good to hear!

KateyDee - temps are looking good - FX!  So lovely to hear how happy you are!!  

For everyone talking about Coke/Pepsi/other soft drinks  - main reason to avoid all soft drinks is they contain very high amounts of phosphorus to stop the acidic liquid dissolving your teeth.  High phosphorus intake causes a calcium deficiency.  Calcium is vital for formation of EWCM and improves ability of sperm to swim through mucus (also helps you & bub when pregnant).  

Louise -  your chart is looking very nice too!  I had a huge post-O temp jump yesterday to 37.62 but only because I've been sick with a fever.  Still waiting 'til next month to re-start TTC anyway but laughed about what FF will think of the spike!

Hopeful Angel - I recommend the FF email programme where they teach you about charting.  As for fertile CM - it should be translucent/clear/milky white in colour, smells or tastes sweet (not that I've tasted it! ohmy.gif ), does not absorbs easily on toilet paper (sits on it rather than soaking in), and forms a glob and sinks when dropped into loo water (whereas semen dissolves in water).

Katie and Future Bump - agree about artificial sweeteners - stay away from them!

Allie - have you had the regular blood tests for hormones levels, STDs and immunity? Also, wish I'd had a vit D test when I first started TTC 'cos if you get a BFP there's serious consequences for the bub if you're deficient and both DH and I are.  Your life sounds so fantastic at the moment - definitely something to be proud of & celebrate!!    yyes.gif  tthumbs.gif

Mozzie - stories of others getting a BFP without trying are just awful when you're struggling.  But it's important to know that those people are very rare and it's actually far more normal to take up to 12 months to get a BFP. News still hurts though 'cos you can't help thinking why you're not one of the lucky few.   Big hugs xx

MrsH - sounds like you've got a good GP!  Wish my old one had been better - but have a good one now and a naturopath I trust them with the medical stuff and only need to worry about BD!

Huxley - sounds like you might still be in the game? Implantation bleed?? FX !!! hands.gif

Seaside - another reason for not changing jobs is that a new job is stressful because you always need to learn new things and feel like you need to impress for the first 6 months or so... plus there's the maternity leave wait - so sticking where you are can be good as long as you find a way to not take the stress home at the end of each day.

NSG - hmm, coffee is one of those contentious issues on EB (in the wider forums rant.gif ).  My naturopath and doc at the JC said no caffeine at all for 4 months before TTC for DH and me 'cos of the effects it has on absorption of other vits/minerals.  But lots of people get a BFP without making any changes to their diet.  We gave it up completely because we got to a stage of TTC where we are willing to do whatever it takes to have a BFP that lasts the whole 9 months.  Plus, no point paying to do the JC programme if we don't follow the rules.  

WhimsicalDragonfly - FX for a birthday BFP! hands.gif

Meg - best wishes on your journey! xx bbabyflip.gif

Hello to everyone else! waves.gif

#108 Sunshiney

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Also a response for Hope....

You feel like you swallow way too many tablets?!  I take the whole cabinet!  grin.gif blink.gif  

Here's the list:
high potency vit C powder - assists immune function, urinary tract health, collagen formation (for growing boobs & belly), improves iron absorption, decreases risk of miscarriage, and protects against mutagenic activity & genetic abnormalities (especially faulty DNA from your man - this risk increases the older your man is).  

fibroplex powder (high dose magnesium plus other things) - relieves muscular pain & cramps, maintains healthy stress response, and assists cellular energy production & healthy blood glucose levels (NB - I have a magnesium deficiency = legs cramps & sleep problems)

selenium liquid - assists sperm motility & testosterone synthethis (DH).  For me - supports thyroid hormone production, relieves stress/nervous tension/mild anxiety, supports healthy pregnancy & protects body from free radical damage.  

multi vit & mineral - general vits & minerals (includes selenium, chromium and ~30 others)

calcium & magnesium - for EWCM and proper dental, muscle, nerve tissue & skeletal formation of embryo, and also helps with fluid retention/bloating

Omega DHA (fish oil, mixed tocopherols and Vit E) - relief of PMS & AF pain, protects again cell/gene mutations, regulates oestrogen, improves circulation, protects against varicose veins & haemorrhoids, and supports healthy brain & visual development in baby

detox formula - to support liver function & detoxification and gallbladder function.

probiotic - for healthy gut function and proper absorption of vits & minerals from food.

zinc - for DH: viable sperm count & good formation, reduces chromosomal abnormalities and increases testosterone. For me: reduce risk of miscarriage, depression, stretch marks, prolonged labour, cracked nipples & perineum tear/cut, and prevents low birth weight bub.

liquid vit D3 - for Vit D deficiency (causes bub speech problems & congenital abnormalities)

gluco manager (chromium, magnesium & herbs) - maintain healthy blood sugar levels, aids energy production, and assists carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism

B6 - for PMS relief & to lengthen LP (as LP defect is caused by excessive prolactin due to dysfunction of pituitary gland or consumption of alcohol).  Apparently also reduces nausea when pregnant.

vitex - for PMS relief, regulate cycle & lengthen LP

i-folic (iodine & folate) - for formation of DNA & RNA in bub (increased requirements due to MTHFR)

5 hydroxy-tryptophan - for MTHFR

liquid herbs - for relief of PMS & endo pain

DH takes all of the above (some in smaller doses), except vitex, herbs, i-folic and fibroplex. I should say that this has been worked out with our naturopath and is based on all the tests she's run on us and our GP has done.

For anyone taking Elevit - check if it's the type with iron in it 'cos you shouldn't take iron supplements unless you have a proven need 'cos it causes a zinc deficiency.  For me, my iron stores are a bit low for pregnancy, but I have a bad zinc deficiency so I take zinc supplements and get iron from food instead.

Edited by Sunshiney, 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#109 ~Bells~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE (KateyDee @ 15/04/2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yay, us too! We're just waiting on the builder to give us a date when he can start. We've got our quote, our plans are all done, now just waiting for a date. We're getting a new bedroom, walk in robe and ensuite biggrin.gif I cannot wait, because we've been in this house for over 5 years and we've only got one bathroom and no bathtub. So I'm soooo excited to have a bathtub again, and a second toilet!

That's one thing that's actually keeping my mind off TTC.

I sooo know what you mean about needing a bathtub. I get so desperate for a soak that I pop over to mum and dad's once every few months and have a soak. Luckily they don't mind. I do miss having it handy though, and I really want one for future kiddies!

Our house plans are very similar! We are going through the quotation phase right now, and making sure that we can afford all the changes we want to make. We may have to do it in stages but eventually we want to add on another bedroom, enlarge an existing, with WIR and ensuite, replace the kitchen and bathroom (and put that bath in lol) and get a laundry (it is currently half in the bathroom, half in the shed). DH also wants to replace windows in the back room with a set of 2 x double doors and put a big deck at the back to enlarge our living space.

So lots of changes and depending on the quotes, we may have to just to the kitchen/bathroom/laundry/back room thing this year, and do the actual house extensions in another year or two. Which wont be so bad, because then we have things to dream and plan for original.gif

Good luck with your renos, it will be so nice to have a lovely WIR and ensuite! Hope the builder gives you a date soon!

#110 ~Bells~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

Hooley Dooley Sunshiney!!! In the time it took for me to post the above you wrote 2 novels, said high to everyone, with personals and wrote out a pharmacy restock list!

Very impressed with your typing speed! Lol!

I no longer think I take lots of pills laughing2.gif xo

Edited for spelling

Edited by bells1184, 15 April 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#111 SC99

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Mmmm... Having a soak in the tub right now...

Definitely a household necessity.

Sunshiney you take so many tablets :-O How do you keep track?

I'm on my phone so can only look back a little at previous posts but Sunshiney has dominated original.gif so I'll just second everything she said.

AFM - I've had EWCM!! So I'm looking on track for a normal cycle straight off the pill original.gif

Enjoying my last day of holidays

Edited by SC99, 15 April 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#112 *Katey*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE (bells1184 @ 15/04/2012, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sooo know what you mean about needing a bathtub. I get so desperate for a soak that I pop over to mum and dad's once every few months and have a soak. Luckily they don't mind. I do miss having it handy though, and I really want one for future kiddies!

Our house plans are very similar! We are going through the quotation phase right now, and making sure that we can afford all the changes we want to make. We may have to do it in stages but eventually we want to add on another bedroom, enlarge an existing, with WIR and ensuite, replace the kitchen and bathroom (and put that bath in lol) and get a laundry (it is currently half in the bathroom, half in the shed). DH also wants to replace windows in the back room with a set of 2 x double doors and put a big deck at the back to enlarge our living space.

So lots of changes and depending on the quotes, we may have to just to the kitchen/bathroom/laundry/back room thing this year, and do the actual house extensions in another year or two. Which wont be so bad, because then we have things to dream and plan for original.gif

Good luck with your renos, it will be so nice to have a lovely WIR and ensuite! Hope the builder gives you a date soon!

Yeah, a lot of the reason we wanted to get a tub, was incase we had kiddies. I was actually pregnant when we started thinking about the renos, but then when we lost her, the reno ideas kind of... slowed. But now we're getting right back into it!

Oh sounds like you're doing alot! Have fun with that biggrin.gif

Our current rumpas room/veranda, we're enclosing and changing into the bedroom/wardrobe/ensuite. So we plan to have that whole end of the house, a 'parents retreat' (even if we don't have kids!)

The planning has been a lot more fun thaty I had expected. Designing my own shelves and things in the walk-in-robe has been awesome. The design that the builder had (he's a man), just wasn't good enough  blush.gif

Edited by KateyDee, 15 April 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#113 Iliketoflounce

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

did anyone miss me? lol

Sarah- sorry to hear about your M/C we will have catch up on fb soon

As for caffine I NEED COFFEE!!! (thats the withdrawals talking)

I have forgotten what i was going to say

ETA I remember now. Next door is a Beppity beepity beep she complained that we are noisy while BDing Oh sorry I didn't you were listening to our bed bang against the wall

Edited by njs4dks, 15 April 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#114 Mouise

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Afternoon Ladies!! So much to catch up on, is a lovely way to spend Sunday afternoon!

Kateydee: So glad you are having a lovely Sunday original.gif. I think a positive attitude is SO important when TTC. I hope your positive outlook helps you get that BFP.

SC99!! YAY for EWCM!! original.gif Good luck BD'ing!!

Huxley: FX that isn't evil AF on the way!!

LittleJacksonOne: So sorry you are back with us sad.gif. Hope you are doing ok and that a BFP isnt far away.

Whimsical: FX for a B'day BFP original.gif

Meg: Congratulations again. All the best for the next 9ish months!!x

Bells: Sorry ti hear AF has arrived. FX for next month!!

AFM: CD35 and no AF...this has been such a long month! I am sure I am not PG...no symptoms and really not feeling it. I did a PG test on Friday and it was negative. I wish AF would hurry and and arrive so we could start another month!! Although and 2 year anniversary present on Tuesday would be nice :s original.gif

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend x

#115 seaside_feral

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Happy Sunday everyone!

Hope you've all had a great weekend - it's been a gorgeous day here and we just got back from a picnic with some friends.  original.gif

And just leaving that subject for a minute, I am feeling FANTASTIC this morning! I feel happy and bright and bubbly and content. I just woke up next to hubby this morning, dogs in between us under the blankets, and I thought "You know, baby or no baby, I have a pretty bloody amazing life" I have my amazing husband, my dogs and goats, beautiful friends, and a loving family who I'm very close to. I have so much love in my life, and a baby would just be a bonus. But I'm so happy already. I was thinking before that my life was incomplete without a baby, but now I realise my life IS complete, and a baby would just be the icing on the cake.

I think just stepping back and realising that, is going to make this whole TTC thing a whole lot easier on me.

Great to hear you sounding so much happier Kateydee !  Since my Nepal trip I've really taken a step back too & feel so much better about it all.  I definitely still have my moments but it's not dominating my life in the same way it was before... I think it's great to remember all the other blessings we have in our lives & our babies will arrive when it's the right time for them to.

Huxley Argh, sounds awful hon.  I hope if it's AF she just comes and gets it over with.  Have you tested though?  Any chance it's implantation bleeding??  Fx for you!

Bells Do you mind if I ask which medication you are taking?  I also have a lot of anxiety issues, and was taking lexapro, but have now weaned myself off it.  I'm doing ok, but some days I am tempted to go back on it - it was really effective for me.  I am certainly open to going back on it in the future even while breastfeeding if things go badly downhill again.  Hope you go well with reducing your dose, it has been an up-and-down road for me, just take it slowly and look after yourself hon.

Allie D Totally agree with you on enjoying the things that will be hard to do when we're mums, like nights away!  

Sunshiney Wow, that is an impressive list of supplements!  I take the Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, plus a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar morning and night... but that's it for me for the moment! DH is taking menevit.  Thanks for sharing all the info you have though - it certainly sounds like you and your DH have learned an enormous amount through the JC.  I agree too with what you're saying about settling into a new job also being stressful... I think I will stay put for the moment, and reassess again in another few months if we don't have our BFP by then.

SC99 Yay for EWCM!  Hope this is your month!!

Njs4dks roll2.gif about your neighbours complaining!!!

Whimsical dragonfly Our bdays must be close ... mine is next weekend, 22 April, when's yours?  Hope you get a BFP as a pressie!  I am due to O around my bday so hoping we might conceive then!

Meg88 It has been wonderful sharing this journey with you - hope to see you soon in the grads group and on the pregnancy boards!  All the best lovely!

AFM Not much to report... I should O sometime later this week so fx this might just be our month!

#116 NSG

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Thanks for all the responses! DB and I have chatted today and we are going to both cut down to one "real" coffee a day. We don't drink soda etc but I do LOVE green tea and have about six cups a day which has some caffeine in it so I need to find another herbal tea....

Good luck to everybody this month! I am so sorry to hear of all the m/c's. I can't imagine how hard it would be although I have seen it happen to many friends and really feel for them.

#117 Iliketoflounce

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

well the last few weeks have been busy with working 2 early mornings and 2 midday shifts as well as any call ins and studying I get up at 4:30am now

#118 huxley123

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

Well the evil AF. came back with a vengeance.  rant.gif Feeling absolutely shattered. I wouldn't mind if it had just arrived like normal but  after a week of suspect symptoms and then last nights nightmare of will it won't it?- i feel like my body has played a cruel joke and then slapped me in the face. Im fairly convinced i must have had a chemical pg because a similar thing happened last Oct.

Feel like having a massive cry but there's no point i just need to focus on next month. Plus there are people going through worse than me.
Im so over the whole thing i even googled articles on why its a good idea not to have a baby to make me feel better about things. I read a list of 100 reasons why not to. Some of the reasons were good but some of them came down to if you were a bit of a crap parent or let the child take over your whole identity. It made me more determined to have a baby and prove the list wrong

Edited by huxley123, 15 April 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#119 *Katey*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (huxley123 @ 15/04/2012, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well the evil AF. came back with a vengeance. Feeling absolutely shattered. I wouldn't mind if it had just arrived like normal but  after a week of suspect symptoms and then last nights nightmare of will it won't it?- i feel like my b sad.gif ody has played a cruel joke and then slapped me in the face. Im fairly convinced i must have had a chemical pg because a similar thing happened last Oct.

Feel like having a massive cry but there's no point i just need to focus on next month. Plus there are people going through worse than me.
Im so over the whole thing i even googled articles on why its a good idea not to have a baby to make me feel better about things. I read a list of 100 reasons why not to. Some of the reasons were good but some of th came down to if you were a bit of a crap parent or let the child take over your whole identity. It made me more determined to have a many and prove the list wrong!

hugs my lovely  bbighug.gif

#120 Mouise

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

So sorry Huxley sad.gif. Hope you are feeling better soon ox

#121 Sunshiney

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (bells1184 @ 15/04/2012, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hooley Dooley Sunshiney!!! In the time it took for me to post the above you wrote 2 novels, said high to everyone, with personals and wrote out a pharmacy restock list!

Very impressed with your typing speed! Lol!

In the time it took you to post, it took me to remember Ctrl+V lol! laughing2.gif  I'm terrible at typing so often write posts in Word so I can read them, write replies as I go, then post it all.  But don't tell anyone my secret!  wink.gif

QUOTE (SC99 @ 15/04/2012, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunshiney you take so many tablets :-O How do you keep track?

We both have bottles for each day of the week and fill them with the week's supply each weekend - neighbours can see into our kitchen & must think we're dealers! ohmy.gif

QUOTE (seaside_shells @ 15/04/2012, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since my Nepal trip I've really taken a step back too & feel so much better about it all.  I definitely still have my moments but it's not dominating my life in the same way it was before... I think it's great to remember all the other blessings we have in our lives & our babies will arrive when it's the right time for them to.

So good to hear!  I'm trying to put things back into perspective and concentrate on counting my blessings too 'cos I've got so much to be thankful for.  

QUOTE (njs4dks @ 15/04/2012, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well the last few weeks have been busy with working 2 early mornings and 2 midday shifts as well as any call ins and studying I get up at 4:30am now

Wow, Nadia that sounds tough!  You sound happy tough.  And tell your neighbour too bad - just wait 'til the baby arrives, then she'll have fun!

Im so over the whole thing i even googled articles on why its a good idea not to have a baby to make me feel better about things. I read a list of 100 reasons why not to. Some of the reasons were good but some of them came down to if you were a bit of a crap parent or let the child take over your whole identity. It made me more determined to have a baby and prove the list wrong

Huxley - I'm so sorry to hear.  I'm sure you'll be wonderful at proving that list wrong.  Big hugs for staying positive for this cycle   bbighug.gif  There's nothing wrong with needing time to be upset before moving on to finding that positivity again.  Having a chem is devastating and you do need time to grieve.  For me, the hardest part is that I've never seen two lines even though I know what happened and my doc agreed when we talked about it.   But not seeing those two lines makes you feel like what you experienced wasn't real.  Only it was real and it just didn't implant.  There are so many reasons why it doesn't implant and you can never know the exact reason, and not knowing eats at you.  But the silver lining is that you're doing things right because the egg is being fertilised and when right egg mets with the right sperm it will give you those two lines.  So keep on believing in yourself because you're going to have to tell those list people how wrong they are.     hheart.gif

#122 SC99

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

*hug*

#123 Guest_babyangelfever_*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Hi all,     Me: 28 next month.DH: 30Chem Jun 2010.TTC: last two months.Hoping 2012 is our year ... Goodluck to all  original.gif  original.gif  original.gif

#124 ~Bells~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (seaside_shells @ 15/04/2012, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bells Do you mind if I ask which medication you are taking?  I also have a lot of anxiety issues, and was taking lexapro, but have now weaned myself off it.  I'm doing ok, but some days I am tempted to go back on it - it was really effective for me.  I am certainly open to going back on it in the future even while breastfeeding if things go badly downhill again.  Hope you go well with reducing your dose, it has been an up-and-down road for me, just take it slowly and look after yourself hon.

seaside_shells: I've been on Zoloft for about 4 years, on varying doses. I've been up as high as 200 mg, but have been down to 50 for over 6 months. Now that my wedding is all finished with, and work is going well (plus the TTC) I've been discussing reducing my dose gradually with my Dr, because my dose has been consistent for over 6 months, and I seem to be doing well.

But we have talked about the possibility of my needing to continue with it throughout pregnancy, and he is fine with that provided I do reduce over the last trimester, to about 4-6 weeks of zero dose before birth so baby doesn't go through withdrawal.

Hope you are doing well without the lexapro, and communicate your needs to your dr. Better to be on the meds, and happy, than not. bbighug.gif

Well the evil AF. came back with a vengeance.  rant.gif Feeling absolutely shattered. I wouldn't mind if it had just arrived like normal but  after a week of suspect symptoms and then last nights nightmare of will it won't it?- i feel like my body has played a cruel joke and then slapped me in the face. Im fairly convinced i must have had a chemical pg because a similar thing happened last Oct.

Aww, huxley123 I feel your pain, (and cramps, literally wink.gif ). You have had a LOT of EPS this time around, so I think you might be right about the Chem pg. If you need to have a massive cry, have a massive cry. Sometimes it is better to just give in, and let it go, and then it is easier to move on. And even without the TTC disappointment, AF arriving is a perfect excuse to have a good cry anyway.

I hope you feel better after a good night's sleep and have better luck (with less mind gamey symptoms) on this cycle. Looks like we'll go through it together again +/- a few days. I wonder if chatting on EB is syncing our cycles? laughing2.gif !

QUOTE (Sunshiney @ 15/04/2012, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the time it took you to post, it took me to remember Ctrl+V lol! laughing2.gif  I'm terrible at typing so often write posts in Word so I can read them, write replies as I go, then post it all.  But don't tell anyone my secret!  wink.gif

roll2.gif I wont tell anyone!

#125 ~Bells~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (babyangelfever @ 15/04/2012, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,     Me: 28 next month.DH: 30Chem Jun 2010.TTC: last two months.Hoping 2012 is our year ... Goodluck to all  original.gif  original.gif  original.gif

Welcome! Hope your stay is short and you get a sticky BFP soon.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind", as one writer has claimed?

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.