TTC #1 after Miscarriage #29
All welcome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#51 Mkii

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hey ... love being a lurker but guess its time to step out & join the group ohmy.gif)
** baby dust to all **

Had a natural m/c last August and had my fair shares of up & down ... hardest thing is for me to see babies around the same age as my lil one if I didn't m/c *sign*
Quick question, has anyone experienced mid cycle bleeding (around ovulation time?) I started to get this a few months after the m/c, had blood tests done but my dr isn't too concerned with it ... one major problem, my DH won't come near me if im bleeding .... ugh !!!
Hoping to be more of an active member in here ohmy.gif)
Mkii
Sorry for the typos I'm using my iPhone

#52 Jaynen81

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Rubylou- I am sending you sticky baby vibes xoxo

Kmaharaj -thinking of you today and big hugs

Kazz33 fingers crossed for you

Bluecup- where are you?? Hope you are ok xo

Welcome Mkii - sorry for you loss, I hope you find it supportive in here as I have. In regards to your question I had many years ago bleeding around ovulation and had checks done etc (which came back normal) and was told it was just a chemical imbalance and Gp told me to go on the pill and that corrected it for me..

Clare L - I agree with being proactive hopefully your Gp will help you out

Wishing - how you going?

AFM - AF showed up uninvited like other every month, was really hoping it was my month.. Now I'm just counting down to BD time.. Sometimes I feel like my body is broken coz it's taking soo long now:(

#53 emmy-g

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

I haven't ever used a forum before. I am finding it difficult to talk to anyone (especially my DH) about my recent miscarriage at 6.5 weeks (10/4/12). Has anyone else experienced this?

It was a very much wanted pregnancy... so much so that it was a honeymoon pregnancy. I got sick while we were away and was in hospital so maybe that is why it didn't last and I feel so guilty that if I had have been more careful with food and hygeine it wouldn't have happened. This was my 2nd miscarriage, my first one was last July at around 7-8 weeks. Both were natural & complete miscarriages.

How soon can I start TTC again? We both really want to start a family.

#54 Mkii

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Jaynen81 - Thank you for the warm welcome, once you started the pill to correct the problem how long did it take for the mud cycle bleeding to completely stop? (sorry if I'm being too personal with my question)    
Emmy-g - I'm only new to this forum (publicly anyway) We didn't tell anyone about the m/c or that we were ttc so I found a lot of comfort and support just reading through the messages on this board.

#55 Jaynen81

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:07 PM

Welcome Emmy G - I'm so sorry for you loss.. Please don't blame yourself for what happened, it's just ones of those things which isn't anyone's fault.. I had a d&c and my dr told me to wait one cycle but that was purely for dating purposes, my SIL had a natural mc last year and she didn't wait before her next cycle and fell pregnant straight away..

Mkii no probs i dont mind you asking original.gif from memory I was only on the pill for about a month or two .  As soon as I started taking the pill the bleeding stopped and it hasn't come back plus I didn't want to be on the pill either.. Hope this helps original.gif

#56 kez71

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi Ladies, I just saw your thread and thought i would join. I just had my third MC almost 3 weeks ago..and tommorow is the due date for the baby we MC'd last year. Ugh..I have been TTC #1 for 6 years..its getting tiresome waiting.

My story is that DH and I started TTC in 2006 when I was 34. Before that we had been NTNP for a few years. I figured out about ovulation and assumed during NTNP we had just missed the egg each time.

Then in 2008 just as I was starting to investigate with a  doctor why it wasn't happening, i finally got a BFP. We were thrilled, but MC at 6 weeks. We figured it happened once, it would happen again..even the doctor told me youre extra fertile after a MC. So by 2010 and still nothing I decided it was due time to investigate..the doc sent me for bloodwork..all was fine. I was sent to a Gyno who performed a lap/hyst and whatever the other surgery is and she discovered BOTH my fallopian tubes were blocked! She recommended becasue of my age to go straight to IVF.

So we did our first round of IVF, got 7 eggs, 4 fertilized, one grew to 5 days and was transferred. By this time it was December and the time I should have had my blood test the clinic was closed..I used a pee stick and got a super faint line, but by the time the clinic re opened and i had the blood test it was negative. We tried again..this time my stim dose was doubled to get more eggs, but once again we got 7 eggs..this time only 3 fertilized. One was transferred at day 3 and 2 others were frozen. BFN..so we did the first frozen embryo..it worked. Praise the lord we were pregnant. We saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks. We kept it pretty much to ourselves, a handful of people knew, but at 10 weeks I woke up with a huge gush of blood. I knew in my heart it was over. I found it frustrating when people would try to tell me it was ok because they and their sisters cousins all bled dramatically and their babies were fine. I knew mine wasn't.

3 months later we used the last frozen embryo..it also worked. Praise the lord..third time lucky..this baby would be our little miracle..I knew it would be,.lots of people told me they knew this was it for us..we saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks..the heartrate was a lot stronger in this one..the HSG was higher...but at 8 weeks I had spotting..again I knew it was over..people again told me it would be fine..but i got a scan and there was no longer a heartbeat..I bled it out the next day.

So here I am still..3 pregnancies..no babies..we will try IVF one more time. I just met with a naturopath yesterday who is going to do her best to help. I see my IVF doctor on the 30th..He will do some testing to see if theres a medical reason why our babies miscarry. I so hope its just something simple and can be fixed!

#57 emmy-g

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Kez71- really sorry to read about your heartache. I know what you mean about feeling frustrated when people tell you it will be ok. I mean we all know our own bodies so we know when something isn't right.

It must be difficult having to wait another 2 weeks to see your Dr. I hope the time goes past quickly for you and that everything goes well.

#58 Blue cup

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Hi ladies,

LittleJacksonOne, emmy-g and MKii - welcome to our group. Im sorry for  what you've been through before you joined us. Look forward to getting  to know you better. emmy-g, im not sure there's a concensus on how soon  you can start again. We were told 2 months. As it turned out, I was in a  lot of pain following d&c and it really took me a good couple of  months to recover properly anyway. But I think you should just listen to  your body. Give yourself time tho.

kez71 - You've really had a rough time for so long. So heartbreaking. I  really hope you get some answers soon (and a BFP, of course!). Thank-you  for joining us here and sharing your story.

Wishing - Sorry AF showed up. Bad news! It is really hard isnt it? We're all here for you though, whenever you need to unload.

Kazz33 - Happy anniversary. Im glad you had a great night. About your  SIL - its strange when that hurt you feel sneaks up on us isnt it?  Sometimes it takes me by surprise too.

Rubylou - What's happening? Did you go back to the Dr today? I have everything crossed for you. I hope so much that you're alright. Please let us know.

Jaynen, Im really sorry to hear that AF came for you. She has an uncanny  knack for finding us it seems! I understand how you feel, its been ages  for us now too. Thanks for thinking about me. Ive been working 12 hour  days all week, so ive just been coming home exhausted. DH has been  great and taken care of everything at home though. Bring on the weekend!  Im half way through my tww, will probably test next Thursday. Aaargh,  still seems like ages away.

kmaharaj - Happy anniversary! I hope your day got better. Your DH was  sweet, sending you flowers! We've looked at intercountry adoption too  and it seems like things have really changed over the last 5 years. I  think the number of children being adopted out from every country has  declined. Hopefully that means theres not so many babies and little  children in those countries, who are looking for someone to love them.  But Im not sure thats always the case. DH and I have quite a lot of  friends with adopted children and we've always thought we'd like to do  that too, but it feels like that is not even worth trying anymore.

Clare - it sounds like you're being really strong. good on you. I can  imagine i would have felt very disappointed after that dr appointment  too. Glad she's following up more now though.

AFM - Im still in tww, grrr. Ive been flat out preparing for this trip I have coming up so at least thats a distraction. Ive had a bit of creamy cm this last few days. I dont want to get my hopes up, but FF says 30% of pg charts have that at this stage. Im DPO today. Did you guys experience that?

Getting to know you question for everyone: If you could choose to live anywhere, where would it be? (Doesnt have to be a real place, btw wink.gif

#59 rubylou77

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hello all,

Just a little update... Went back to the doctors today and they think the spotting is normal, but are still concerned.  My HCG today was 220 so it has more than tripled in 48 hours which is a good sign.  Another test on Friday and then a possible scan next week if it doesn't settle down.  I have been told to rest so it will be couch and telly for a few days for me wink.gif

Welcome to all of the new people who have joined our group.

Please let me know if posting this stuff on here bothers any of you.  I am not quite ready to move to a PG forum yet, but also don't want to upset anyone.

Thank you for your well wishes, in return I send you all loads of baby dust xox

#60 Jaynen81

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Rubylou- I don't mind you posting and feel free to stick around for as long as you like original.gif I'm sure everything will be fine it's a bubba that was mean to be original.gif xo

Blue cup - I have everything crossed for you and praying you get your BFP and then hopefully I can follow you out next wink.gif If I could live anywhere it would be between two places so half my time in Hawaii because of the beaches and the other half of my time Paris because it's just beautiful original.gif  what about you?

Hope everyone else has a good day

#61 Clare L

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

Welcome Mkii, emmy-g & kez71 - I hope you find support here, and I also hope (in the nicest possible way!) that you're not here for long!

Jaynen81 - hugs to you - sorry AF found you.

Blue cup - thanks original.gif When I was UTD, I had heaps of CM - FX for you!

rubylou77 - so glad hcg is heading in the right direction... rest up, and hang out here as much as you want

Where would I live.... probably NZ, around Wanaka in the South Island. It is so stunningly beautiful there, and very peaceful. I also love Hawaii, so clearly I'd need to win the lotto so that I can have a house there too when NZ gets too cold... and I'd also love an apartment in London so that I can visit my family whenever I want!

Have a great day everyone!

xxx

#62 kmaharaj

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hello Ladies

How are we all today?

LittleJacksonOne, emmy-g and MKii and Kez71 - welcome to our group, though I wish you didn't have to be here. Still I hope you find this site as helpful as I have and that your stay here is not for too long.

Kez71 - reading your sad story made me cry. Believe me we can all identify with your pain.

rubylou77 - I hope the spotting has stopped. I got a lot of spotting during my pregnancy and it used to scare the hell out of me but that didn't end up being the problem for me. I hope it settles down and is just implantation bleeding.

jaynen and wishing - sorry that AF came for you both but it's a new beginning my darlings. This new cycle could the be cycle. hands.gif

Blue cup - fingers crossed for you hun that you get your much awaited BFP and I have no idea what DPO is sorry. But with my pregnancy I just knew I was pregnant because 7 days before AF was due i was peeing for the whole country. It was just too much and I tested early and got a positive.

AFM - well as you know, my EDD for my son was yesterday and guess what, apart from shedding some tears yesterday morning on the train, I was fine.  You know how I told you all about my hycosy scan and the fact that the fertility monitor was showing no signs of fertility at all, well yesterday morning it showed that I was ovulating and last night the OPK i used also showed LH surge (but not as dark). I think the ovulating sign on my fertility monitor changed my focus. After getting no signs of ovulation and thinking that the scan had cost me this month of trying because of the invasiveness and the dyes they pump into your uterus, my monitor goes from low fertility straight to ovulation!!! Spooky.

Any how, TMI but hubby and I BD'd yesterday morning and then last night too, and I am hoping to try again tonight. It would be amazing if we conceived this cycle. I shouldn't hope too much but it would be nice to have conceived on the EDD of my beautiful son. Argh another thing to torture myself with.  Keep me in your prayers ladies because I am hoping that this is a sign that someone up there is finally going to take pity on me and give me a little angel to keep.

Well the lesson I learnt from yesterday for all those who are in the 2WW and with their EDD looming is - we are stronger than what we think, and that the immeasurable hurt we have suffered has given us strength and character to meet any obstacles that come our way.

As for where I would love to live....well I think we already live in the best country in the world but in terms of places - oh Venice or Paris would do it for me. I loved both those places and Rome also...oh it's too hard - but any of those 3.

sorry for the long post.

love to you all.
xo
K. bbighug.gif

#63 Wishing2011

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

afternoon ladies. .sorry i've been MIA. Been really busy here at work so havent had a chance to pop in. I'm going okay. AF is almost over but it was crazy heavy. Hopefully my HCG has dropped enough for me to O this month. I might take some OPK's this month just to check it out.

kmaharaj oooh great news about the OPK good luck hun! This time next week should be O time for me grin.gif

Clare L Wanaka is beatuiful original.gif good choice! My mums side is from NZ south island so I've been there a bit.

RubyLou great news about the HCG ddance.gif

BlueCup thank you hun original.gif And vice versa.

Sorry for not many personals. I'm about to finish up for the day. so have a lovely evening ladies original.gif Talk soon and welcome to the other new girls. Sorry you are here but it is a lovely group that have certainly helped me through a difficult time.

cya!

#64 sonmat6

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

Welcome mkii, Emmy-g and Kez71. I found this forum helped keep me sane in the first few weeks after my EP, especially if your partner has had enough of hearing about it.
RubyLou - any news?
Wishing2011 - sorry AF arrived. Maybe your body needs a month to recover and will be more receptive next month. Sounds like your cycles are short, which makes the wait a little less...
Kaz33 - I used ovuplan OPKs - the dipstick type . I have found them to be accurate. The saliva OPKs didn't work for me at all. Total waste.
AFM, hcg was 2226 on Monday. I had been told I'd have a scan this week to make sure pg was in the right place this time, and not stuck in my Fallopian tube. But then I was told the scan would not be til Friday next week! Which seems forever away. I'll be 7 weeks, which is the same as I was when I Had the EP, and I feel exactly the same now as I did then - super sore breasts, weird tugging/pulling sensations in my belly and, as of this morning, nausea. But no pain or bleeding - which is the same as last time! I wish I could just enjoy this pg.

#65 emmy-g

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome to the group.

Rubylou-  I think its great that we can share your BFP with you. I know it must be a nerve wracking time but you should still be excited.

Sonmat- HCG sounds really promising  original.gif Cant wait to hear how your scan goes  original.gif

If I could live anywhere it would have to be London. I love Europe and think that London would be a great place to base a family... I may be biased because I was lucky enough to spend a few years in England as a child though!

Me-28
DH-28

#66 HOPE6

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hi all

Wow just been catching up on all the post over the last few weeks... great to see we have some BFP and welcome to all the newies..(sorry you find yourself here but hope you find some comfort on this forum) bbighug.gif xx
So anyone due to test soon... we need some more BFP to give us all hope!!!

Question for the girls who have had 2 MC (Clare L and emmy-g.. anyone else?) did your GP/OB send you for tests or what was the advice they gave you? Apart from an internal scan which showed ovulation and good lining my OB told me to come back to him when i am next 5 weeks PG. It was his opinion that as it happens so early its just Chromoz. problem and little to do with me.... just wondering what others were told?
I found some stats that said 5% of couples will have 2 consecutive MC and 1% will have 3..

Kez 71 - sorry to hear your story.. 6 years and 3 losses that must be heartbreaking.. all the best for your upcoming appointment and test. Big hugs x hhugs.gif

Take Care all and have a good weekend biggrin.gif

#67 Kazz33

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:26 AM

Hmm dont really know that i'm "due" to test soon, but i'm tempted. It was 4 weeks since my d&c yesterday & AF hasn't arrived. But having only 1 period in the last 12 months i have no idea of my cycle length. I'm gonna give it another week or so, i don't "feel" pregnant so doubt i am.

Kmaharaj - I'm glad your EDD wasn't as bad as you thought it was going to be. How awesome though if you conceived that day original.gif

Sonmat - your HCG levels sound promising. Mine were only 770 at 5 - 6wks. Fingers crossed everything is as it should be, try not to stress.

Rubylou - Fantastic news about your HCG rising too! Take it easy xo It doesnt bother me at all you posting in here, it's nice to hear the good news stories original.gif

Bluecup - Yep, just when you think all is good, BAM theres the emotions. When are you due to test? Fx for you.

Welcome to the newbies, i hope your stay is short & you find comfort in others words original.gif

AFM - You know how i said on Tues work was hell atm? Well i walk into work that morning to be told that the boss has pulled the pin & we have gone back to the old computer system until further notice! Was the best day, everyone was so happy. Not much else happening, just waiting for AF to arrive & BDing in the meantime as i have no idea when/if i will ovulate. (must get onto those OPKs) I kinda have a feeling it was just before easter as i was fairly mucusy, but dont really know. Happy Friday ladies!

#68 emmy-g

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Hope6- My GP hasn't sent me for any tests other than a full blood count after both miscarriages. However, when I had the ultrasound to confirm miscarriage the second time the sonographer suggested I might have polycystic ovaries. So my GP has given me a blood request form to be done after AF to check all my hormone levels to see if I have PCOS. Fingers crossed that I don't!

#69 Wishing2011

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Emmy how long after your mC did you get your blood count done? I'm thinking I should probably have one of those done as I was still getting positive pregnancy tests the last time I tested (which was on Saturday).. its  4 weeks today since our miscarriage sad.gif I havent had any blood tests since but I have had an ultrasound which came back clear.

I was actually thinking of asking for a CD21 test to check I've O'd this cycle.. Has anyone done that to see how their body is going after a miscarriage?

Kazz I would test if I were you being at 4 weeks.. ! original.gif so glad to hear work is better original.gif

#70 HOPE6

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi girls, was just reading some information on mc and came across this and thought it had a nice vibe to it...... Lets pray its case for all of us real soon... hands.gif

"Remember that even though your experience may feel overwhelming and unmanageable right now, odds are still in your favor that you will have a baby someday. Even after six or more losses, the majority of women do eventually go on to have a successful pregnancy. Every day that passes is closer to that day when you will have a baby and when what you are experiencing right now will be just a bad memory."

#71 Jaynen81

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hi ladies hope you are all well original.gif

Wishing2011- my gyno/ob has referred me to have a CD21 blood test to check if I'm ovulating because I told him I had concerns I wasn't. So fingers crossed I am

Hope6- love your post thank you.. I hope it happens for us all very soon

AFM - had a check up with my gyno/ob he said it wasn't necessary for me to have a ultrasound as I dont have a history of any probs etc I was a bit bummed coz I wanted to make sure. He has referred me to have a CD21 blood test to make sure I'm ovulating and if he has concerns with the results he will put me on clomid.. Anyone else taking clomid??

Sorry for the quick post I'm on my iPhone and it's hard to type.. Hope you all have a good weekend xo

#72 Mkii

Posted 20 April 2012 - 05:01 PM

Many thanks for the warm welcome original.gif    
My ob wasn't the most helpful person out there we were told it was best to have a natural m/c and it will feel like a heavy period (it was far worst then a heavy period!) I'm in two minds about going back to him if we're lucky to fall pregnant again in the near future, after all he knows my history ... are you guys still planning / seeing the same ob?
Went for a blood test yesterday to test my hormones level, hopefully that will come back all clear.
Tough question about where I wanna live ... I guess I have to say Sydney, that's where all my family & friends are ... currently working regionally and I miss life in the city.
Mkii

#73 kmaharaj

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:11 PM

hello lovelies

Isn't it wonderful that we are now into the weekend (am still at work though).

Hope6 Thank you for that post - love it and pray that it is right. I know of someone who had close to 20 miscarriages before she had her 1st one. Isn't that awful.

In more inspirational news a lady at work just had her first bubs today, twin boys. She is 41 and was told she would never have a baby. After 1 year of acupuncture and naturopathy, she conceived naturally.  Her babies were born premmie at 33 weeks but are healthy and doing well.

Mkii my obygn was awesome, kind, caring, gentle, compassionate, always available. The only thing that upset me was that he did not order any investigations on me after i lost bub. It would have calmed me down a fair bit. Maybe he knew that there was nothing wrong with me to start off with. After it became unbearable for the next 3 mths, I asked my GP for another referral and am now seeing Dr Stephen Morris. He ordered all the tests I wanted and they all came out clear.  But because i lost bub so late and in the circumstances in which I did, i will most likely go with Dr Morris because he is apparently one of the best and has shown a great interest in my case.  I will however recommend my other Obygn to anyone and everyone who isn't having complications. He is really good.

jaynen81 i went through the same anxieties...All will be well hun. It's normal to feel this way. If you have your periods, chances are you ovulate.

emmy-g i hope you only have polycystic ovaries and not the syndrome. Fingers crossed for you hun.

Kazz33 glad work got better but why have you only had 1 period in 12 months. That's concerning. Have you seen a dr about it?

All the ladies with rising HCG's - great news. Please stick around so that we can get hope from you all. hands.gif

AFM - going home for a quiet evening. DH is pracitising with his band tonight for a charity concert tomorrow for a 3 World Country which got hit by floods - he's such a good person (touch wood). Will try and relax. Am officially in my TWW from tomorrow. cool.gif (ok it's not really cool because I hate the wait...)

lots of love to you all. Stay positive and if you feel down, read the post that Hope6 wrote. We will all get our day in the sunshine. My heart says so. wink.gif

xo
K.

#74 Blue cup

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Hi ladies,

I liked reading about where everyone would like to live. Seems we all  have good taste!  For me, I always say I'd like to live in Bollywood  (yep, I know its not a real place wink.gif ) because its always so colourful and  full of dancing and singing and drama. It just looks fun! As far as real  places go... I do love Australia, and I also love Asia, so maybe  Malaysia would be my second home choice. The food is so good! Or maybe  Taiwan - also very beautiful and totally liveable. And Ive got to agree  with Jaynen and ClareL, Hawaii is pretty amazing: so beautiful, great  weather, relaxed vibes and of course the beaches. Too many choices,  makes me want to take more holidays!

Rubylou - so glad to hear your hcg has picked up. I def dont mind you  posting here, please keep us updated until you feel ready to move out.  Im sure you're going to be ok, it just seems like this one is meant to  be for you.

Jaynen - Ive never been to Paris (anywhere in Europe for that matter)  but I totally agree, Hawaii is absolutely stunning. Im trying my best to  make a path out of here that you can follow. That'd be nice. We'll see what  happens. Good luck with your blood test too. I hope it gives you some  reassurance, we all need a bit of that dont we.

ClareL - Thanks, I hope its a good sign. Ive only been to North Island  NZ, but that was pretty good. Great skiing. I guess you could have great wine whenever you want if you live in NZ. hmmm...

kmaharaj - I think you did really well to be so strong on your son's  EDD. Good on you. You're right, we're all tougher than we think and that  definitely includes you! Now we have fingers crossed for eachother  (thank-you!) - i really hope that things are lining up right for you  this month. (btw, DPO is Days Past Ovulation)

Wishing2011 - Work has been crazy busy for me too for the past few  weeks. Im looking forward to things being a bit more normal next week,  hopefully. I had a major project that had to be completed by Friday, so  now that its done, hopefully nothing goes wrong and I'll have a normal  week before i head o/s. How about you, is work getting better now?

sonmat6 - your hcg sounds good. That must be a relief, even though you  have to wait longer for your scan. I can imagine how stressful it must  be until you get that confirmation. Best of luck

Hope6 - Thanks so much for posting that passage. It really helps put things in a better perspective.

Kazz33 - im in tww, testing next Thursday I think (FF recommendation -  who am I to argue!). Sounds like your boss made a good call with your  computers, they can be so frustrating cant they. Ours are  outdated and a constant source of frustration. I know how you feel.

MKii - i miss life in the city too. We used to live in Melbourne and all  our family are down there. Its not too far to go visit, but i still  miss it.

AFM - Ive had so many long days at work this week, and I locked myself  out of the house the other night, grrrr! Feels so good to be in the  weekend and not have any commitments. Have a bit of housework to do, but  apart from that I'll be taking it very easy. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Thanks for reading my long post! Theres been lots to catch up on biggrin.gif

#75 *Gaia*

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hi Everyone,

Ive been really busy and have been reading all your updates but havent had time to post replies. Its hard to keep up sometimes this thread seems to move really quickly.

Rubylou - Congratulations on your bfp! It must be a really nervous time for you, glad to hear the hcg is rising, that's something positive to focus on. Hoping and praying for you.

Kmaharaj - I was thinking of you and your little boy on your edd. I admire how strong you were. I hate waiting too (I have also just entered the 2ww), I hope it goes quickly for you and there's good news at the end.

Jaynen - I know Im a bit late with this but I am sorry AF arrived. Its hard when you have your hopes up. Good luck with your upcoming tests.

Hope - thanks for your post, it can be hard to stay positive sometimes and its good to try and keep that perspective.

Blue cup - Enjoy your relaxing weekend!

Emmy - I think I would pick London too. I loved it last time we were there and already want to plan another holiday back.

I know there are personals I missed that I wanted to write but I got too far behind and cant remember everything but Im thinking of you all.

AFM - I have just entered the 2ww, it seems so long. I hope we got the timing right but its all out of our hands now, nothing more we can do, just have to wait and see. I really hate the waiting part.

Edited by *Gaia*, 21 April 2012 - 11:54 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

Tales from the homefront

When you're at work you sort of assume that your house is basically just sitting there quietly doing nothing until you return. However, since spending my days at home, I've learned this couldn't be further from the truth.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Single, pregnant - and 51

She first became a mum at 49 - now, two years later, Tracey Khan is pregnant with her second child.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.