TTC #1 after Miscarriage #29
All welcome

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
227 replies to this topic

#1 Freckles

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

Welcome to
TTC #1 after Miscarriage
A place for all those who are trying to conceive their first baby and have experienced a miscarriage during their TTC journey.

All welcome. original.gif

Please note that there is another support group running (TTC after Miscarriage) for those that already have children.

Old thread is here.

#2 Jaynen81

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

GOLD!! Just wanted to claim it original.gif

#3 Clare L

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

SILVER!

biggrin.gif

xxx

#4 rubylou77

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hello all!  It has been a while since I have posted and there is so much to catch up on!  I will come back later to post some personals :-)

I have got my DP home from work for the week and we have been madly trying to sort our ever so large garden.... we are getting there!  

I got a positive OPK on the day he arrived home, and according to my FF chart I ovulated on the same day... I guess I got my wish to ovulate late  wink.gif   We BD'd and I guess I am now in the 2WW.... didn't think I would get the opportunity to try again for a while as he was going to be away at the right time of the cycle for a few months to come, so now it feels a bit weird that I am waiting for testing day!

So good to see some BFP's in this group - yay for you :-)

Welcome to the others too, sorry you find yourselves here....

Baby dust to us all!!

#5 Clare L

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

FX for you rubylou!

AFM - ate waaaay too much chocolate over the weekend, and now I can't believe it's back to work already.

I hope everyone had a great easter
xxx

#6 Olivebaby

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

Congratulations to the BFPs this week and than you to those who are asking how I am going.

I am going ok, trying so desperately hard not to get to carried away and it does feel different this time. I am getting really worried abut things that didnt even occur to me last time, like ging for a fun or eating a medium steak which is meant to be absolutely fine. Hopefully after the 16 weeks it will be more relaxing!!

Good luck to all in the TWW

#7 HOPE6

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi girls (new and old),

Hope everyone had a nice easter.... biggrin.gif

Olivebaby.. Goodluck, glad to hear all is smooth sailing so far and i am sure it will stay that way. How far along are u now? Do you have any appointments booked in?

Congrads to the girls who got a BFP, keep them coming girls!!!

AFM, Im out for this year AF arrived over easter, so bring on my 2013 baby!!!!

Sorry for the quick post off to work...xx

#8 Wishing2011

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

rubylou oooh FX original.gif

HOPE6 Nothing wrong with a 2013 baby. I'm sure I'll be joining you in that one too. Sorry AF arrived over easter though.

#9 Jaynen81

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Rubylou good luck with the TWW I think it was mean to be that you o'd on the day DH came home original.gif

Hope6 sorry the witch found you big hugs your way

Clarel I hear you with eating way to much chocolate lol

Olivebaby sounds like all is going well original.gif

Afm I'm still in the TWW had a bit of cramping last night and af not due till next Wednesday so not sure what that was from. Just wish this week would hurry up so I can test next week! Hope everyone is having a good day x

Edited by Jaynen81, 10 April 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#10 sonmat6

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi all

It's been a while since I posted. I had an EP in December, resulting in the loss of a Fallopian tube. It was our first go at TTC so the whole thing was a very big learning curve.
Yesterday I got a BFP. I was a bit excited, although given what happened last time I'm trying not to be.
I headed straight to the early pregnancy centre (EPAC) for a blood test. HCG is 110. I have to back every 48 hours for bloods to make sure it's not an EP again.
I'm feeling very anxious... Made worse by the fact that DH and I have decided not to tell anyone including my mum until at least we get a series of bloods showing it's probably not another EP.
Thanks for listening! Hopefully it will lessen the anxiety!!

Edited by sonmat6, 10 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#11 Jaynen81

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Congratulations sonmat!! I hope it's smooth sailing and you get your sticky bubba original.gif I don't blame you for not telling anyone yet. DH and I have decided that when we get our BFP we aren't telling anyone (as in family) till we hear the heartbeat and everyone else after 12wks.

#12 Clare L

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

Olivebaby - I'm glad everything is going well for you happy.gif

HOPE6 & Wishing2011 - agreed on the 2013 babies! Here's to all of us welcoming them!

Jaynen81 - FX for you

sonmat6 - congratulations! I hope you have an uneventful and peaceful eight months. I'm with you on not telling people this time - we will be doing the same.

xxx

#13 sonmat6

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

Jaynen81 and Clare L - thanks so much for your well wishes.
I had the second blood test today and I'm waiting on the hospital to call with the results.
PCM - I was so glad to read your posts. I had been wondering how you were going and if you had started IVF yet. You are so brave!
Congrats also to olive baby and I hope you all don't mind us staying in this group, at least until we are out of the danger zone.

#14 sonmat6

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

I hope you don't mind me sharing this but I just got today's blood test results and it's good news! HCG is 320, which means it has more than doubled in 48 hours.  I'm only 4.5 weeks along now. Last time I only got to HCG levels of 550 and this was at 7 weeks.
I don't want to get too excited - I'm trying not to. So much could still go wrong.
Back to the hospital on Friday for more bloods. Hopefully the levels will be high enough for a scan on Monday next week.

#15 Clare L

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (sonmat6 @ 11/04/2012, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope you don't mind me sharing this but I just got today's blood test results and it's good news! HCG is 320, which means it has more than doubled in 48 hours. I'm only 4.5 weeks along now. Last time I only got to HCG levels of 550 and this was at 7 weeks.
I don't want to get too excited - I'm trying not to. So much could still go wrong.
Back to the hospital on Friday for more bloods. Hopefully the levels will be high enough for a scan on Monday next week.

tthumbs.gif great news!

xxx

#16 Jaynen81

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

That is awesome news sonmat6!!

Afm 7days til AF is due. I had some dull cramping yesterday and today and yesterday had creamy cm (sorry tmi) never had that before is that normal?? Anyway I'm not testing till day before AF..

#17 rubylou77

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

Great news sonmat6!   biggrin.gif

Jaynen - seems we will be testing together!  AF due in 7 days for me too :-)  I had very creamy CM Mon/Tues which I got last time we conceived.... trying not to think about it though.... I am heading away tomorrow for a night with DP before he goes back to work - hopefully that will distract me!!

I have my fingers crossed for us both  hands.gif  x

#18 Wishing2011

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Sonmat that is wonderful news. You are allowed to be excited. Don't feel like you can't be. And your bloods sound like they are jumping which is awesome grin.gif

Girls I'm due for for AF soon too although this will be my first period after my miscarriage. I'm starting to feel a little down about it all as I don't think I did O.. I expect AF anytime from now til Monday.. I've estimated Sunday but we'll see what happens.

I would be 10.5 weeks pregnant today if things didnt go bad sad.gif Poor little bubba..

Ooh and not sure if this was a bad sign to begin with or not but after my positive test which I took early as my cycles are very short 3 weeks and 3 days usually.. I took my test at 3.5 weeks and got my blood test at 3 weeks 4 days and HCG was only 14.. When I got home a week later though it had jumped up to 1,800 so I suppose things were going ok for a bit..

So glad its Thursday. Can't wait for the weekend original.gif

#19 kmaharaj

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

hello ladies

Just went and read up on the posts from over the weekend. Yay for all of you who got BFP's. roll2.gif

AF arrived right on CD29 for me last week Thurs - boy did it hurt but I didn't cry. Learning to be strong now. I guess I will also be hoping for a bub in 2013 now. EDD coming up next Wed for my son on 18/4, a day after my 8th wedding anniversary on 17/4. I am dreading it. Not sure why but feeling so emotional today. It's just coming in waves. Must be because I am back at work after a nice 8 day break. About to go and get a hicoz scan to check that my tubes aren't blocked. Haven't received the results from my blood tests - so keep your fingers crossed for me ladies. If all goes well then I will be ovulating around my EDD. I really hope this is my month.  

Does anyone else who is not pregnant, feel nauseous since they have miscarried?

All those who got BFP's - if you don't mind sharing how you got there, that would be so much helpful for us.  Any one use pre-seed? Evening primrose oil to get more mucus, accupuncture, chinese herbs? How often and when did you BD? There are so many confusing stories out there - like you are supposed to BD 2 days before you ovulate and the day before you ovulate to have a better chance - so hearing how you were successful would be awesome? Did any of you BD everyday during the fertile 6 day period? Anyone's DH on vitamins, zinc tablets?

Much love to you all.
xo

#20 *Gaia*

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Hi All,

Congratulations to all who have got their bfps.

Rubylou -  tthumbs.gif Nice that your body cooperated with your dp's schedule! Its a very positive start and I hope its a sign of good things to come.

Jaynen - I hope this week goes quickly for you. 2 weeks can seem such a long time when you are just waiting to test.

Kmaharaj - I am so sorry AF arrived. I cant beleive that already 2012 is out for us and we are looking to 2013. I know its stressful with your EDD coming up. Thinking of you and sending you strength.

AFM - AF arrived over Easter so now Im waiting to O. Glad to begin a new cycle and I hope things go smoother this time and we can at least be in with a chance. This will be the last cycle before our EDD comes up. I am trying not to put too much pressure on but I know next month will be harder if things dont work out.

#21 Clare L

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Jaynen81 & rubylou77 - FX for both of you happy.gif

Wishing2011 - bbighug.gif it's hard, isn't it? I can't help thinking 'we would have been x weeks' too... I'm sorry you're not sure about o'ing this month. I just keep telling myself this is a major thing for our poor bodies to deal with, and maybe it will take time to come back into balance.

kmaharaj - thinking of you - I'm sorry AF arrived. 2013 is going to be the year for us though, I know it. Sending you love and strength with your EDD coming - please be gentle with yourself, and feeling emotional is completely normal.

*Gaia* - I'm sorry AF arrived, and FX for you for this fresh cycle.

AFM - been feeling tired and down the last few days - I know it's early days though. Yesterday I had a whole raft of bloods taken to test thryoid function, blood clotting and stuff I'd never heard of... Results on Tuesday. I'm not sure what I want to hear to be honest - neither 'there's nothing wrong so it's just down to bad luck' nor 'there's something wrong and this is what we need to do' are particularly appealing!

Clare
xxx

#22 sonmat6

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Kmarahaj - my cycle was very regular once in had my first AF following the surgery and D&C. The only thing I did was continue taking pregnancy vitamins and used OPKs so I was sure when I was O. We made sure we BD'd everyday during that period, and also held off for about three days before it... Apparently that allows the sperm to build up.
I know how hard it is to wait but try and listen to your body. It might need a cycle or two to re-set.
I'm off sick today with gastro! I was freaking out this morning because I had terrible cramps and I immediately worried it was PG related. GP claims its not related but it's so hard to relax. Back for more bloods at EPAC tomorrow do hopefully they will be more reassuring.

#23 Olivebaby

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Kmarahaj - my cycle was regualr after my first AF but had shortened by about 5 days. I was experiencing a lot more spotting/light bleeding leading up to AF which was different. I took pregnancy vitamins but nothing else. I tried OPKs but had issues with many false positives, in fact I dont think I ever had a negative test. As I had no idea when I was ovulating we BD'ed every couple of days for the 10 day window that I believed I may have had a chance of ovulating.

Not sure if thats helpful

#24 Blue cup

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hi ladies,
Sorry ive been awol for a bit. Has been nice catching up on everyones news though, and especially the BFPs!

Pz and Hooloovoo - congrats on your BFPs! I hope its all smooth sailing from here on for you

Jaynen - I think we're a little alike. DH and I have been enjoying  taking things out of boxes and rediscovering things. DH used to always  call me a hoarder but this time unpacking he said he gets it now, he  really enjoyed reliving things he'd forgotten about. I cant believe your  bad luck with your tire, how frustrating! grrr!

Wishing - It does sound like your body is getting back to normal. What a relief!

ClareL - your 1kg bunny sounds awesome! Have you got through much of it  yet? I think Ive eaten more chocolate over the last week than I have all  year. Oh well, what is easter for if not for indulging in too much  chocolate?? Good luck with your test results. You know, however it turns out its better to know what your dealing with.

Rubylou - good to see you again. I was so happy to read that you did O  late and you guys are in with a chance this month. Thats really great! I  feel a bit like you do - have so much to catch up on. DH and I have  been so busy putting our tetris home in order (and BDing!) Ive barely  been able to find my computer let alone log in here.

Hope6 - sorry that witch found you

sonmat6 - fx for you. Your results sound like a good sign, hope things just keep getting  better.

kmaharaj - im really glad to hear you're feeling a bit stronger. Just so  you know, its ok to still have bad days too - we'll be here for you.

Gaia - I know what you mean. We're now in tww of our last chance cycle before EDD and DH and I both felt the extra pressure. I think this is going to feel like a long tww!

AFM - We took a couple of extra days off over easter to move back into our house and i hurt my back on the very first day. Was helping DH move our big old heavy TV. Not fun. But I had no choice and we had to carry on with getting our things out of storage so it was extra exhausting for me. We've been BDing as well. I Od on Tuesday so now the long wait begins for me. Its a lot of pressure this cycle with our EDD looming and next cycle is off the cards for us since I have to go overseas for a couple of weeks. Take care everyone.

#25 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hello everyone, joining you this month. I had a m/c on monday at 5.5 weeks.
Staying positive as we fell PG first cycle, so hopefully it happens straight away again.

Wanted to join you all as my m/c upset me and I know it will be hard to move on from and will make me more paranoid when I do fall PG again. And I get to read some of your stories!

Wanted to ask something. I will be using OPK's to figure out when I ovulate, however I wanted to ask if the first day of my m/c is CD1 when I'm estimating my cycle?

Glad to see you've had some BFP's! original.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Mums reveal their nappy bag essentials

Ever wondered what other mums carry in their nappy bags? We have, so we asked mums to tell us their must-have nappy bag items.

Toddler died because he wasn't given antibiotics soon enough

A 15-month-old boy would almost certainly be alive today if doctors had given him antibiotics sooner, a coroner has ruled.

VIDEO: moment a toddler falls on to train tracks in Melbourne

Shocking footage has emerged capturing the moment a pram carrying a toddler rolled off a platform and onto train tracks in suburban Melbourne.

Sold on natural birth? Read the fine print

In the excitement and anticipation of a first pregnancy, I ignored the fine print: some women, some of the time.

Child with alcoholic mum who drank while pregnant won't win pay-out

A young child is not entitled to criminal injuries compensation after her mother drank excessively while pregnant.

Superbugs killing India's babies, posing wider threat

A deadly epidemic that could have global implications is quietly sweeping India, tens of thousands of newborns dying because antibiotics no longer work.

Can you teach a toddler to sleep in?

Parents share their tips on getting their early risers to sleep in, even for just a little bit longer.

Keeping your relationship on track as new parents

About 70 per cent of couples experience a slump in their relationship within three years of having a baby. Here's how we tried to get back on track.

America's favourite baby names of 2014

Americans are turning to television, Netflix and sports for ideas for what to name their wee ones.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.