Due in December 2012 Chat thread #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#101 MuppetGirl

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

LittleJacksonOne - I am really sorry to hear that you are likely having a MC. Having suffered several myself I am here if you want to chat via PM or have any questions. I am so sorry again hun. Look after yourself.

Yipfazel - I don't think anything we say can make you feel less stress right now. It is possible the bleeding was leftover from implantation or just some old blood. I had spotting the day I found I was pg this time and have had nothing since. I also had a full 7 day period when I was pregnant with my DS and all was fine. So it can happen that you have a bleed and everything is perfectly fine. I hope this is the case for you. Do you have a scan coming up soon?

AFM - We went camping for the easter weekend. Bad idea. Needing to wee up to 4 times a night when it is 2 degrees outside and a 50m walk to the toilets is so not fun! Not to mention I woke up either one or both of the kids every time! Still it was a nice weekend.

We have a big camping holiday booked for new years too. The baby will potentially be 5 weeks old but considering my body does not start labour on its own the baby will likely only be just over 3 weeks old as I will get induced 10 days after due date.

Has anyone ever holidayed/camped with a baby only a few weeks old?

Edited by MahnaMahna, 09 April 2012 - 09:32 PM.

#102 aurora sleeping

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Wow this group is getting big!!! Personals are going to be interesting after a while...

Oh LittleJacksonOne, I am so sorry lovely, that sounds really sad to go through. I was going to say that I am a Christian too and I will pray for you mate, particularly that everything goes along smoothly and if it is indeed a miscarriage that it is able to finish properly without any intervention.  hhugs.gif

yip I'm hoping it is just some non-important bleeding - it does happen in a lot of pregnancies so try not to stress yet mate. Hopefully the FS will be able to shed some light, or you could get a BT just to check?

Hi Christine82, keshena, lilybeth and kellymuppet!!! For those who are going through this for the first time - that book 'What to Expect When You're Expecting' is really very helpful, I'd suggest getting that.

Wow Cosmic, that story is full on - sounds like you were right though!!! Gee pretty big mistake for them to make!!! Did you have a dating scan early on?

Hope people are okay with me shortening names, I find it easier to post personals.

#103 Honey Pot

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Hi everyone!!!

I totally planned on ducking in here and doing personals and then I realised I was not only pages behind but a whole thread behind and we'd been moved... Goodness, i already know I'm going to have my work cut out for me keeping up with all you lovely ladies.

So n personals right now as I haven't had a chance to read anything yet but i promise I will catch up soon.

AFM, I'm 35, DH is 37 and we already have a gorgeous almost 13 month old DS who is the light of our lives. He's a pretty cruisy baby and we've been trying to make him a sibling since last October when my cycle returned.  I'm still breastfeeding although i've cut down a lot since returning to work in February.  I'm hoping he'll self wean while I'm pregnant though so i don't have to make th tough decision to cut him off.  I have no desire to tandem feed at all.  

I haven't got any symptoms yet which is somewhat worrisome although I had very few symptoms with DS as well.  At this point with him I think I only had sore boobs which I haven't got at all this time although I'm putting that down to the whole breastfeding thing.  We haven't told a single soul yet although I'm pretty sure my Mum suspects as I've stopped nattering away to her about TTC.  rolleyes.gif

Anyway, it's almost midnight and I need to get myself and DS up and out teh door by 7am for childcare / work so I better go to bed.  I did have one suggestion for the list but happy to keep it as is as well. original.gif

Maybe we could group the list by due dates as it's getting so huge and people can include what they think they're having/ what they are having or if they're planning on a surprise!  So maybe like this...?  Apologies in advance for any errors.  It's gettingb late and there's so many names on the list!

Gisses DD 11months #2 due early December

1st December:
Nicole83- DS1=6, DS2=4 (almost), DS3=2, #4
MaxandMe 34, DH 28 DS 19 months #2
hushlittlebaby 38, DH35 2 kids 15 and 11 #3
grasshopper10-
kellymuppet 34, DP 32 #1

2nd December
MahnaMahna- DH, DD, DS #3
Yipfazel 32, DP 45
Trifecta- #3
MahnaMahna - DH, DD, DS #3
Keshena DS1- 14mnths #2

3rd December

Hollag26 -#1
Pssst 36,DH 37 DD 17 months #2
Micaela13
muzbilove - DS1- 17, DD1- 15, DD2- 3, DS2- 15 mnths, #5

4th December

Aurorasleeping 30 -DS 18 months, #2 (and #3?)
LadyChattalot 36, DH 36 DS 23 months #2 Guessing  
Missy78 33 - DP 39 #1
MrsT43

5th December
thesame 35, DH 37, DS1, #2 (surprise)
LJA79
sparrowfall 33,DH 36 DSS 2.5 PG#1

6th December
LittleJacksonOne 21 - DH 24 #1
Miss Monica 37, DH 37, DD=5, DS=2, #3
KiwiMelW 28

7th December

MrsPotatoHead 26,DH 30, DS1=4, DS2&3=1, #4

8th December
JuniorGandR 33, DH 33, DD 21 months, #2 Guessing
Andrea79 32, DH 34 DS 2yrs 8 mths #2
JustDance 33 - DH 35 DS 18 months #2

9th December
Mumlucky3, DD9 DS 7 #3
butterflydreaming 29, DH 43 DS 2 #2

10th December
Teenybopper 32, DH 35 #1
Cuddlesnkisses- DD 4 #2

12th December
Amy26 30, DP 33, DS 4, #2
mandy303 27
cosmic79 - DS 6 DS 10 #3
thunda , DH, DD, DD, DS, #4
Girlwonder1 36, DDH 37 #1

13th Decmber
Lilybeth - DS 20 mnths #2
Red nut 38

emiboo

Zingiber 27, DP 25, DD1=6, DD2=3, DS1=1, #4

Angelbabies - gone but not forgotten.  Hope to see you in another DIG soon.
Rach_B

Rach - so sorry to see you on the loss part of this list.  It's not a nice place to end up and you're in my thoughts. sad.gif

Emiboo - I see you popped up on thsi list!  CONGRATULATIONS MY SWEETS!  I was so hoping that we'd end up in the same DIG together after sharing the TTC journey these past 5 or so. wub.gif

#104 JustDance

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:12 AM

Wow, just caught up after a long weekend away in Germany, lots going on!  Welcome and congratulations to all the new mums-to-be!

LittleJacksonOne - I'm really sorry to hear things haven't gone well.  If everything clears itself then you don't need a D&C.  Don't let them tell you to have one as a routine, the body is usually capable of handling it by itself.  Big hugs and I hope you get another BFP again soon.  But give yourself time to recover both physically and emotionally.

yipfazel - I remember that tiredness from the last time.  It should ease up around the second trimester and then will come back again in the third.  I hope the spotting goes away and things continue along perfectly!

JuniorGandR - I actually heard about the homebirth advocate who died - turned out she was a cousin of my friend.  And she died in hospital after the birth so it isn't really a relevant example for the media to use as an argument against home birth but they ran with it anyway.  If I were giving birth here (in Holland), I would definitely go for home birth again as the system is set up for it but in Melbourne, I'm not so sure.  I'm actually considering St Vincents as well now as that is a much closer drive, I don't relish being in the car for half an hour while in labour!  So if anyone has experience with St Vincents (or other hospitals in the area) I'd love to hear as I can't visit them any time soon!

Keshen - Hey, I think you are my twin!  I am also still breastfeeding my none-sleeping-through 18 month old who LOVES his "boobas".  I really hope he weans himself once the colostrum comes in.  That was around 10-11 weeks last time so we'll see what happens in a month or so!  I know of a couple of mums who's babies weaned themselves during a new pregnancy so fingers crossed for us!  I'm also a SAHM.

MrsPotatoHead - I don't feel any different while BFing yet but I think there is less milk, feeding sessions seem to be very quick these days and mostly for comfort.  Then again, I'm only BFing one!

Zingiber - Moodiness? Oh yes!  Those hormones that cause PMS are still around and will stay around for a looong time biggrin.gif  Never cross a pregnant woman.  Especially a hungry one.  

Mummy Again2 - I had a similar experience with my Dr last time - he confirmed my pregnancy and my immunity with blood tests and said congratulations, you're pregnant, good luck!  (Oh he did run through a list of things not to eat, including lettuce, which I followed until mid-summer when all my pregnant friends were eating lovely salads and I was craving them!) Here, this time, I walked into the midwife office I used last time (here in Amsterdam), made my first appointment (which is at the end of this month) and then walked out.  Completely normal.  They don't bother with anything until you are past the initial risky phase.

kellymuppet - yes, ALL attributable to pregnancy, including (and especially) the farting wink.gif

AFM - feeling VERY different this pregnancy from last one.  Last time I was horribly nauseous all day long and exhausted by this time.  I get little bits of nausea this time, especially when hungry, and I'm a bit tireder than normal some days (then again, I can't remember the last time I wasn't tired) but nowhere near as bad.  I POAS'd again on Friday just to be sure as I was getting nervous - both a digital (which read 3+ weeks) and a cheapy which had a really dark line, so that was somewhat reassuring but I still feel like it's a bit unreal.  The next couple of weeks cannot go fast enough until I can (hopefully) see bub moving on the screen.  

We had a nice weekend in the Rhine region of Germany but I'm glad to be home to my own bed and home cooked food!  Hope you all had a lovely Easter.

#105 Zingiber

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

thesame - thanks for the laugh first thing in the morning! I'm actually 37, DP is 46, DSD is 17,DSS is 15. This is our first together and I have no idea when it is due (wasn't keeping track of anything)....but i'm guessing somewhere around December 10.

Another sleepless night but i am going to try to put on my happy face as i have to present to a potential new client today.

#106 andrea79

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 AM

Morning lovely ladies, planned to do personals since I last posted but I've got no hope! This thread moves way too fast, especially when I haven't been on since before Easter! I hope you all had an awesome Easter break and ate lots of yummy chocolate!!

Ok a few personals.

LittleJacksonOne - I'm so sorry to hear your news hon. My thoughts are with you and having gone through a miscarriage in October I know what you're feeling. Be kind to yourself and feel free to PM me if you want. Also, my only recommendation is if it does complete naturally to have a scan as I had retained tissue for almost 3 months post m/c. Big hugs  bbighug.gif

thesame - love that list! Great idea!

MahnaMahna - we went camping too and hearing you on getting up in the middle of the night - not fun at all!! Luckily DS slept through all of my toilet trips!

Zingiber - good luck putting that happy face on today!

JustDance - your weekend sounds lovely! DH and I loved Germany so makes me want to go back there and to all the places in Europe we went actually when I hear others stories!!!

A big hello and welcome to all the newbies and to everyone else  waves.gif

Will attempt better personals later, still feeling so tired from our camping weekend!

Well saw my GP on Thursday and he said I had a very strong line on his test so that was good! He's faxing my referral through to my OB so will make an appointment with him this week I reckon. My GP didn't request any bloods as he wanted to leave that up to my OB as he may want to do a few more given my miscarriage last time. So I can't wait now to have an appointment booked! Give you that date to look forward to!

Camping was fun over the weekend although I didn't sleep that well so feel VERY tired today! Thankfully I have the rest of this week of so I can recover! My boobs are very sore now and growing! And my right boob is bigger than my left  ohmy.gif it was a little bigger after BFing DS as it always had more milk etc but it wasn't noticeably bigger but now - OMG! I reckon it's at least a cup size bigger! How am I supposed to buy a bra???

Anyway I should get off the couch and get moving today!

#107 KiwiMelW

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:21 AM

Hi Everyone,

i hope you all had a good weekend.

Junior - thanks for that info.  I have a friend in town who I am sure is going public and is seeing a OB so I will ask her costs etc

Amy26 - Cool thats is why I am looking at doing I think.  Thats around the cost I thought it would be so cool.

Mrspotatohead - We dont really have a choices so will be going public. However i have a had a few people in Mackay say that even though they have private health insurance they have gone to the public hospital to delivery as all of the facilities if something goes wrong is at the base hospital.

Yiphazel - Im thinking very sticky thoughts for you

JacksonONe - Once again bigs hugs xoxo

To all the new ladies in the group Welcome!!!

Sorry for people i missed personals, there are so many of us now.

AFM - I hvent taken another POST in a while.  Still getting symptoms, afternoon sickness, really really tired, my boobs are huge and sore.  And yesterday I had my first case of extreme moodiness. I am typical a bright and cheery person and yesterday I just wanted to rip DH a new one.  

I've told two of my close friends, tonight we are telling DH mother as its her bday. I can hear her now, "best bday present ever".  And I will be telling my mum tomorrow. Going to tell my dad at a later date, as I know that he will be far too excited to keep it a secret and i dont want everyone knowing until we are in the 'safe" zone.

#108 Keshena

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Morning,

Mrs Potato Head - Thanks! I have always hoped he would wean himself but it doesn't seem likely. If anyone has any tips it would be much appreciated.

Congrats Lilybeth & Kellymuppet

Thesame - I think it makes sense to have the list by date, good idea original.gif

Justdance - oh god, if you are still going through it at 18 months what hope do I have? wink.gif ha ha
I had heard that they go off the boob when you are pregnant but no change as yet.

I have a GP appointment tomorrow with a different GP, I was seeing one from when I lived in a different suburb that is probably a 25min drive away, he suggested that I would probably be better off finding one closer to home as I would probably get sick of schlepping there as the pregnancy gets on. So fingers crossed the Dr tomorrow is nice.

Hope everyone has a good day.

#109 KiwiMelW

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Thesame - just an update on my stats, DH is 27 and this is baby number #1

#110 youngyummymummy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hey Guys!

Just found out im pregnant last Thursday and im actually dealing with it fine! My partner and I only got together 3 months ago and were not planning this at all, but are going ahead and quite happy with our decision.

I just moved to Brisbane 2 months ago to be with him, so I have no family and no friends here for support and to answer my questions and my man is from Canada so none of his family are here either.

I havent gon to the doctor yet but am going on Thursday but I have no idea what to expect as this is my first! I also dont know any doctors up here so if any of you know of a good one please let me know, I will travel for a good doctor!
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

#111 lady chattalot

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Good morning ladies .. Still can't believe how many of us there are! Congrats and welcome to all the newbies

Littlejackson one- so sorry to hear that, please take care of yourself

Mrspotato head and Keshena- I was in the same position as you not that long ago.. I weaned DS at 16 months but he would happily have kept going forever.. I was so scared to wean as I thought I'd never be able to resettle without the boob. In the end we went away to a cabin for a few days holiday and DH slept with him for a 3 nights in a row and just patted him to sleep.. During the day whenever he wanted the boob DH would distract.. It worked brilliantly but I couldn't have done it without DH there 24/7. Everyone said it wouldnt be too bad on me because he mustn't be getting much milk anymore but I actually had heaps.. Had to express twice a day for a while.

Zingiber -I hear you on the moodiness! Poor DH can't do a thing right

Yes to the insomnia too! Waking at 3 am and having lots of trouble getting back to sleep.. Third trimester during my last pregnancy was much worse though so sure I'll have that to look forward to again original.gif

AFM - Making a gp appointment for tomorrow to confirm bloods were ok then hopefully she'll refer me for a dating scan

Have a good day everyone xx

Edited by lady chattalot, 10 April 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#112 SoTired

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

My, my, March was a fertile month, wasnt it?!?!

Dont have time to read back through all of the personals, so sorry to those I miss and waves.gif

thesame- Thanks for the list! I wont have a due date until my 12 week scan in May. It will likely be between the 1st and the 3rd, I think. If its the end of November, I aint movin! You are stuck with me! Also, I am 30 and DH is 34.

JustDance- I had a long weekend at home- would rather be in Germany at the moment! Fingers crossed the nausea and tiredness stays at bay. I also looked at that link you posted a little while ago. The hospital (if you can even call it that!) looks wonderful- and the supportive words on the 1st page made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. There should be more centres like that in Aust. Birth is not an illness, people!

LittleJacksonOne- bbighug.gif

KiwiMelW- Keep us posted on how everyone handled the news!

Keshena- How was the appt? Nice doc?

youngyummymummy- Welcome! How young is young, if I may ask? 1st thing would be to get to a doctor to confirm everything. They will understand if you need a lot of hand holding and can point you in the right direction re hospitals/midwives etc. Feel free to ask any questions here- nothing is "stupid" and there are some pretty experienced mums on here who I am sure have seen it all! Not all births are scary- mine was brilliant and the best experience ever. Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

AFM- The nausea kicked in this morning- about 1 week earlier than with DD. I am onto it though, with vit B12 and my maxalon close by. No actual vomiting yet which is good. If I have to do this for the next 10 weeks, I will survive, but if it becomes HG again, I think I will just have to use up some of the 4 weeks sick leave I have accumulated at work. Sooooooo tired too but thats about all. No sore boobies for me yet!
Have booked 12 week NT scan and blood test and have 1st appointment at FBC at the Mercy.
As for telling everyone- pretty much everyone knows already (except work). We dont see why we have to wait for some magical week and if (god forbid) something does happen again, at least we will have people to support us.

I just wanted to let you know about something that EB assists with. Students studying midwifery around australia need to learn from a certain amount of pregnant women in order to complete their courses. This can sometimes be difficult as not many people are aware that they can assist in this way. We decided to get into contact with a student midwife via an EB forum and have decided to have her follow us through our pregnancy. We make the choice how she is involved and if she is to come to the hospital with us to give birth. She maintains confidentiality at all times. We found our girl to be excited, passionate and she was thrilled when we asked her to be a part of our special time. She is coming to the 1st scan and midwife appt and the FBC would welcome her if she decided to be present at the birth as well. We will use her as a bit of a sounding board if we have any questions (she will always double check any advice given), as well as a support person if we need anything at all.

If you are interested at all in assisting (after all, tomorrows great midwives will have come from this bunch of people), contact your local university what offers midwifery courses, or go to the EB link:

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=952952

I have no other affilliation with this at all, it is simply something I feel passionate about.

xo

#113 Christine82

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Hi Ladies!
Hard to keep up with everyone, and not feeling like I have too much to offer as a first timer!
LittleJacksonOne - so sorry to hear that.
I have a couple of questions -
I have just booked in with an Ob and am planning to have bub at Frances Perry House in Melbourne. Has anyone had any experience of this hospital? Or associated Obs?
Has anyone announced their news to family in a fun or creative way? I have a split family and lots of brothers and sisters, trying to think of a good way to tell everyone when the time comes.
Hope you are all having a good afternoon  original.gif

#114 abc_123

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Hi Ladies original.gif
We just got our BFP this morning, so things are all still a bit surreal! I was in a DIG during my pregnancy with DS and found so much support and advice in there, so I'm looking forward to a similar experience again.

#115 Christine82

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

Welcome abc_123! Congratulations!
I got my BFP last week an it still feels a little surreal! What is your estimated due date?

#116 abc_123

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Working on my LMP, Dec 7th will be the big day. Going to book my GP appointment for later this week to get bloods done. Eeps!

#117 Girlwonder1

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Hi again ladies,

Wow, it is so great that there are so many of us, I am slightly overwhelmed really.

Am off to the GP tomorrow, not really sure what she will do - do they all do a blood test?

I have the added issue of having a fructose intolerance, which makes it hard normally with eating out but now that I am hungry ALL THE TIME, its going to be interesting indeed. I ate a whole packet of biscuits at work today - surely people are going to start noticing that I always have some food in my hands (or mouth)?

We are only telling a couple of close friends. Would love to tell my Mum but I have an interesting relationship with my younger sister - she likes to be the centre of attention and does not cope well with attention being on anyone else (she caused a lot of problems surrounding our wedding in Jan, even going so far as to have hissy just after the ceremony during which she called my parents and half the bridal party into a seperate room to all fuss around her) and I know that if I tell Mum, she will not be able to not tell my sister (which is fine). But then who knows what my sister will do!

Congrats to all the newbies like me.

Fun and interesting times ahead ladies! biggrin.gif

#118 Christine82

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi Girlwonder1,
Congrats on your news  original.gif
I went to my GP last week and he confirmed with a regular pregnancy test, no blood test. I'm not sure if it is common to do a blood test or not?

#119 cosmic79

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Hi everyone!  I'm still going to apologise for my lack of personals - I know I won't be able to keep up!

Sorry to hear those of you that aren't experiencing a good start.  I think I have a miracle baby after HCG levels dropping and still delivering a healthy baby.  I hope you have the same luck.  It's a scary time.

Melissa82  I'm delivering at Frances Perry House also and have heard a bit about a few of the OBs there.  As we can't discuss them in this thread, feel free to PM me and I can tell you what I've heard  wink.gif

I'm STILL feeling completely normal and symptomless.  I felt a bit nauseous this afternoon for about an hour or so and I've never been so happy to feel sick!  I'm not sure whether it was preg related or something else.  I'll see if a similar thing happens tomorrow.   Tounge1.gif

Sort of have sore boobs, but I'm starting to think it's because I keep prodding them that it's making them hurt!!

I used up my last test today - no more testing for me, I think I'm well and truly pregnant - I had a freakout because I could only see one line this morning at first.  Happens to be that it was the pregnancy line that showed up waaaay before the control line, so that's confirmation enough.  The digi test gave me a result of 3+ over the weekend, so that's the one I wanted to see!  No more $$ going towards unnecessary tests.   blush.gif

I just wish I could wake up tomorrow morning and be two months further along.  This wait is KILLING me; waiting for the OB appointment, waiting for my dating scan, waiting for the 'safe' period, waiting to tell people, waiting, waiting, waiting!!!  

Is anyone else feeling a bit too presumptuous referring to having a baby in eight or so months from now?  I'm scared that I'm going to jinx myself if I starting looking at cots online or any other baby stuff that I can't wait to buy!

To those that have asked, I don't know whether a blood test is common.  I had a BT really to check my immunity was all okay (it was) and as I've had low iron and Vit D in the past, they wanted to check that was on track.  I don't think the blood tests are going to tell you anything you don't already know original.gif

I've just realised that my EDD is the same as DS1's original due date (he was born 3 weeks early).  Here's hoping that they don't share a birthday!

For those lists that are being compiled, I should add me: 33 (for another five days!), DH 44, DS1 is 10 and DS2 is 6.

#120 amy26

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hi Ladies:

Cosmic79: So I'm not the only one who planned well then! My DS1 was born on the 16th dec was due on the 8th so hopefully they won't share a birthday either. I am wondering how I'm going to go about pulling of the 5th birthday party this year rolleyes.gif
And Yes hate the waiting here too, I have most things still from DS1 but want to start the MCN stash going but have to wait till 12wks before any spending.

Not heaps of symptoms here, sore boobs, more hungry than usual, peeing ALOT, restless sleep mainly due to the getting up 3-4times a night. Sense of smell has increased.

Poor DS fell at preschool today and has a huge egg/graze on his head, but he's ok.

abc: Welcome..congrats

Girlwonder: your sister sounds like a total Brat! how annoying. Your right to wait till it's safe. Save the stress

Christine82: Congrats, makes no difference your a first timer original.gif this is my #2 and I'm almost as clueless as I was with #1 as it's been 4 +years. I don't know about creative ways we just told everyone outright last time.

#121 Leafprincess

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:54 PM

Just a quick update

Went to FS this afternoon & bubba is fine
Heat heat 122 per minute

Little bleed nothing near bubba which is good, no need to worry  eexcite.gif

Will no personals next time,  waves.gif To new people & congrats!

#122 youngyummymummy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

gisses - From my calculations and using the due date calender im 5 weeks today and due on 11th of December! Im turning 21 in May! Was scared of telling the parentals but they were fine with it, especially my Mum as its her first grandchild. Im going to the doctor on Thursday and once its confirmed gtting straight on the vitamins and buying the book what to expect when your expecting! And asking the doctors lots of questions!

I was also wondering if anyone could tell me what they think about working. I know ts only early stages but I dont know whether to tell my boss as soon as its confirmed as I work in a petrol station in the cafe section so I am on my feet all day exposed to the fuel so im not too sure if thats good for the baby? Or I may just being paranoid!

#123 Zingiber

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm not sure my relationship is going to survive me being so grumpy for the next (fingers crossed) 8 months. So tired today after 8 nights in a row of bad sleep and an early start this morning.

Girlwonder - you and i must have the same sister! Mine is an attention seeking drama queen too and we haven't spoken in a year. When we told everyone about our engagement (Lord...that was only 10 days ago but feels like a lifetime!) my aunt called up from Italy and the second thing she said (after "congratulations" etc) was "please don't be the sort of bride your sister was" And when i told DP about this pregnancy about the second thing he said (after..."sweet...why are you crying..this is fabulous!) was "oh my God your sister is going to be furious!"

I want to tell my mother and other sisters after the GP appointment next Tuesday...it is killing me having to keep quiet... especially after the step daughter incident. I know my mother will tell my other sister (there are 4 of us) but fortunately she's half way across the country so any insincere comment she makes,we will be able to avoid.

I still don't have much in the way of symptoms..... slightly sore boobs, a little bit hungrier than usual, peeing a bit more than usual, this bad mood and this damned insomnia. Hmmm when I write it all down like that it looks way worse than it is!

Edited by Zingiber, 10 April 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#124 ~A2~

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.