New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

GOLD!! YAY I've never got a medal before wink.gif

How is everyone feeling?
Been feeling a bit strange and unwell today but nothing too bad!
Bloods came back positive but hadnt got the number yet sad.gif

My tests are still coming out faint, should I worry?

MahnaMahna - sounds the same to me, trying to make 'healthier' choices but not stressing too much. on multi vitamins so not incredibly worried about missing nutrients and my GP is watching over me anyway. Also avoiding the advised foods original.gif

----------------------------------------------------------
Just remembered we were getting the Gold person to post the list original.gif
(--JuniorGandR I was a bit bored so I updated original.gif )

Nicole83
DS1=6, DS2=4 (almost), DS3=2 and #4 due 1/12

MaxandMe 34
DH 28 DS 19 months #2 due 1/12

hushlittlebaby 38
DH35 2 kids 15 and 11 #3 Due 1/12

grasshopper10
Due 1/12

kellymuppet 34
DP 32 #1 Due 1/12

MahnaMahna
DH, DD, DS #3 due 2/12.

Yipfazel 32
DP 45 due 2/12

Trifecta
#3 due 2/12

MahnaMahna
DH, DD, DS #3 due 2/12.

Keshena
DS1- 14mnths #2 Due 2/12

Hollag26
#1 due 3/12

Pssst 36
DH 37 DD 17 months #2 Due 3/12

Micaela13
Due 3/12

muzbilove
DS1- 17, DD1- 15, DD2- 3, DS2- 15 mnths, #5 Due 3/12

Aurorasleeping 30
DS 18 months, #2 (and #3?) due 4/12

LadyChattalot 36
DH 36 DS 23 months #2 due 4/12 Guessing  

Missy78 33
DP 39 #1 due 4/12

MrsT43
Due 4/12

The Same
#1 due 5/12

LJA79
Due 5/12

sparrowfall 33
DH 36 DSS 2.5 PG#1 Due 5/12

LittleJacksonOne 21
DH 24 #1 Due 6/12

Miss Monica
DH 37, DD=5, DS=2, #3 Due 6/12

KiwiMelW 28
Due 6/12/12

MrsPotatoHead 26
DH 30, DS1=4, DS2&3=1, #4 Due 7/12

Gisses
DD 11months #2 due early December

JuniorGandR 33
DH 33, DD 21 months, #2 due 8/12 Guessing

Andrea79 32
DH 34 DS 2yrs 8 mths #2 due 8/12

JustDance 33
DH 35 DS 18 months #2 due 8/12

Mumlucky3
DD9 DS 7 #3 due 9/12

butterflydreaming 29
DH 43 DS 2 #2 Due 9/12

Teenybopper 32
DH 35 #1 Due 10/12

Cuddlesnkisses

DD 4 #2 Due 10/12

Amy26 30
DP 33, DS 4, #2 due 12/12

mandy303
Due 12/12

cosmic79
DS 6 DS 10 #3 Due 12/12

thunda
DH, DD, DD, DS, #4 Due 12/12

Girlwonder1
DDH 37 #1 Due 12/12

Lilybeth

DS 20 mnths #2 Due 13/12

Red nut 38
Due 14/12

emiboo

[b]Zingiber
DP 25, DD1=6, DD2=3, DS1=1, #4 Due

Angelbabies - gone but not forgotten.  Hope to see you in another DIG soon.
Rach_B

Edited by LittleJacksonOne, 09 April 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#3 KiwiMelW

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Today I am tired and hungry, although it seems like I am always tired and hungry these days lol.

Cannot wait till this afternoon, I just want a medical professional to tell me I am pregnant

#4 Zingiber

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Hi All

Just found out - as in, a few hours ago - that i am pregnant and I am TERRIFIED.

This was definitely in our plans just not this soon.....we only got engaged last Thursday!

We were meant to be having a bit of a celebration with our families over Easter...but no champagne for me now!

I'm kind of in shock and don't know what to do. I've tried to make an appt with my GP and she might be able to fit me in tomorrow otherwise it won't be till next week.

My partner has 2 kids from his previous marriage but this is my first and i have no idea what I am meant to do...any tips will be gratefully accepted as i am a nervous wreck right now!

On the bright side though, I guess I can stop worrying about planning a wedding!

#5 Leafprincess

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

ddance.gif Managed to get through today without throwing up.

I'm getting afternoon sickness, not morning sickness, I get to about 4 pm and start doing the gagging face "blurp, blurp" grosses me out.

Yesterday was so bad I had to lie down, dizzy plus  sick.gif

Hi Zingiber... Welcome

Kiwimel, looking forward to the confirmation!

Little jacksonone, don't be too worried about the numbers, they vary for everyone. Hoping you get the results soon.

Am wondering is bacon ok to eat?

#6 andrea79

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Agh can't believe we're onto a new thread already!! I'm guessing by how fast this group is growing it will be split?! But still big by the look of things!

Ok so only going off this thread and my memory of the last one!!

LittleJacksonOne - nice work on the list and yay on the positive blood test. Will be stalking to see your numbers  ph34r.gif  As for the faint line, no I wouldn't worry too much. How many DPO are you? At the end of the day it's the BT that give the better results anyway so just wait for the numbers.

I'm just feeling very tired, as I do most days around this time! And every now and then just a general off feeling, not really nausea as such. But that didn't kick in until about 6 weeks or so. Boobs also pretty sore, I even felt them when I rolled over this morning  ohmy.gif

KiwiMelW - all the best for your doctors appointment and will be stalking you also! Yep tired - I'm hearing you! Hunger seems to be coming and going with me

Zingiber - hi and congratulations on your BFP!! Yes it can be a little scary but that's what we're all here for! How many DPO are you? I got my BFP last Wednesday and only just going to my doctor tomorrow so an appointment next week will be fine.

As for some tips, if you aren't already taking folate I'd start now, or just start taking a pregnancy multi vitamin like Blackmores. But if you see your GP tomorrow she'll explain all of this. As for anything else, well just try and relax really and enjoy it! There's nothing really that you can do, except for now watching what you eat - ie no cold meats, raw fish etc. I'm pretty sure there's a list in this forum about what to eat and what not to eat in pregnancy. Otherwise if you do a google search you'll find tonnes of information.

That's all I can think of at the moment as my brain is a little fuzzy!! But come back and ask whatever you want.

MahnaMahna - not doing anything special diet wise except for the usual foods to avoid in pregnancy and taking Blackmores preg MV. We eat a pretty healthy balanced diet anyway so I feel comfortable with that.

digitaldorothy - bye  waves.gif  all the best with your pregnancy and now you just get to meet your little bub a bit sooner!

Hi everyone else  waves.gif  sorry if I missed any questions etc from the last thread. I'll pop back there shortly and have another read!

AFM - nothing exciting here, can't wait for my GP appointment tomorrow. Not that anything exciting will happen there, I'll pee in a cup and he'll tell me I'm pregnant! But it's the referrals for my OB and NT scan that I'm looking forward to - makes it all a little bit more real!

Hope you're all having a great day!

ETA - yipfazel we must have been posting at the same time!! Yay on the no throwing up today  eexcite.gif  but boo to the afternoon sickness  rant.gif As for the bacon, provided it's cooked and hot it should be fine, I certainly won't be passing up some cooked bacon if DH cooked it for me one morning!!

Edited by andrea79, 04 April 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#7 Zingiber

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

To be honest I'm not sure when this happened - I wasn't taking any notice and we weren't trying...and I'm 37 so I figured that it wasn't going to happen this easily. Now i'm just counting back through the calendar trying to remember which days my partner was here (he travels alot for work) and what we've been up to over the past few weeks. I got some spotting on the weekend which i thought was the start of my period until it disappeared, then i was feeling a bit nauseous and got a few dizzy spells yesterday....all things that are out of the ordinary and set the alarm bells off.

I haven't been taking any vitamins and we eat a very healthy diet but i'll go and get something tomorrow.

But I keep reading all these posts and am completely overwhelmed... I assume my doctor will get me organised when I see her?

My first real question is...can I keep going to the gym?...I go everyday and do RPM, Pump or sessions with my trainer.....is there anything I shouldn't be doing?

Edited by Zingiber, 04 April 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#8 amy26

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hi ladies,

Well results back from blood test confirm pregnancy. HCG levels 231 so 4 weeks like I thought.
My immunity to rubella and hep b is good. I never did the pre conception blood tests so that's a relief.
I feel good now it's on paper biggrin.gif

I told my mum, she's had a really rough time lately and I knew it would cheer her up.

Zingiber: Congrats. Gym - I'd check with GP but seeing as your already a regular exerciser pregnancy shouldn't stop you. Being Fit will help have an easier labour. I need to get motivated again.

yipfazel: Sorry about the morning sickness/afternoon. I felt a bit queasy today but no morning sickness yet.

LittleJacksonOne: DOn't worry too much yet, maybe they tested early. Are you booked in for more bloods? Some women just have low levels of HCG

digital dorothy: Bye, wishing you a healthy next 8 months

I'm taking Elevit.  Just trying to eat healthy at the moment,will avoid soft cheeses, any chicken I don't cook myself, raw fish/sushi.

#9 FourLittleLoves

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Just thought I would pop in and say hello!
I got my BFP this afternoon, even though I kind of already knew I was pregnant (5 days late and feeling terrible). This will be our 4th bub  ohmy.gif but we couldn't be happier. My EDD at this stage is the 7th.

#10 cosmic79

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Red Nut, I've PM'd you re docs at Frances Perry...

Amy26 - Got my hCG results back today too - 196, consistent with 4 weeks.  (I think we have the same due date?)

Congrats MrsPotatoHead!  I just saw your message appear as I was typing the reply above...  Number 4 - whoo hoo.  My DH has always wanted four.  I wanted two.  Now that we're having #3, I  told him that we might as well just have 4!!

#11 MahnaMahna

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Zingiber - Congratulations! Don't feel too overwhelmed, right now there is not a lot you need to do. First make an appt with your GP. Second start taking folate or a pregnancy multi vitamin straight away. Your chemist can help you pick the right one.

The only other thing you should do is read this: http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/_srcfiles/...ia_Brochure.pdf

Don't freak out when you read out. Listeria is not very common. There are only 50/60 cases per year Australia wide and that is for the whole population, not just pregnant women. It is just better to start making sure you are making safe eating decision. Some women follow the list religiously, some don't and some choose a happy medium of what they think are the ones they will cut out and which ones they are happy to continue eating.

Other than that your GP can direct you as to your next step.

Yip - I seem to be getting evening sickness as well at the moment. For my past 2 pregnancies it was 24/7 so I fully expect it to build up to that but at the moment, come 4/5pm it is so blergh.

Andrea - I had that moment with my boobs today too. Rolled over this morning and OW!

Amy - good to hear your results came back as expected original.gif

Gotta run, hubby is here to pick me up! Back later original.gif

#12 JuniorGandR

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hi All - thanks to Little Jackson One for posting the list - you've saved me a whole lot of effort.  Great work original.gif  

Welcome to Mrs PotatoHead, Emiboo, Zingiber, KiwiMelW, Micaela13, Grasshopper10CuddlesnKisses, and CONGRATS! Hi Psssy. And bye Digital Dorothy.   Wow this group is huge!

Zingiber - it is terrifying isn't it?  Our first pregnancy was unexpected and with no sisters / sisters in law, and no close friends in Melbourne with bubs - I had no idea what to, and I didn't find this site until I was about 12 weeks pregnant.  The ladies in here will be very helpful, I am sure. And don't be afraid to ask anything - no question is stupid.  Re the gym / exercising - my understanding is that if you are in good health, pregnancy is progressing well and you usually exercise - you can continue to do so - within reason. Obviously as your boobs and bump increase in size running can become uncomfortable.  And with ligaments stretching and your body becoming more flexible, you just have to be careful.  Just check with your GP / Ob if you have any concerns.  And make sure you tell your gym / trainers / instructors that you are pregnant as there will be certain stretches / movements you should avoid (they should know what to do).  I exercised all the way through my first pregnancy and intend to do so again as I enjoy it.  

Cosmic I'm from Melbourne too - the east side.

RedNut my Ob is brilliant - but she only delivers at Mitcham (and Knox) I think so perhaps a bit far for you.  I'd recommend you book in early, whoever you go with.  A friend of mine tried to book with my ob when she was 6 weeks pregnant, and she was already booked out!  But be reassured - once you are "in" with an Ob, you are generally with them for as many pregnancies as you'd like.

Cosmic, Amy, TeenyBopper you have made me feel so much better about my HCG results.  I was a bit freaked out after seeing some of the others in the thousands.  At 13 DPO I was 103, at 15 DPO 192 and 17 DPO 518.  With my m/c I didn't get above 155 so the last result in particular has made me feel better.

And TeenyBopper so understand you re the cramping.  I never had cramping with DD, but I did with my m/c and really bad this time around - I almost wish I had MS to reassure me it is good cramping.  

As for telling people - only my DIG from DD (we are a private group on FB) as they are an awesome group of ladies and I used them as a venting board for concerns re M/C and work and my toddlers recent sleeping habits (it all kind of poured out).  Two of them are friends of mine IRL - but they don't know anyone I work with / family / non EB friends so our secret is confined at the moment.  We are waiting for results from 1 more BT and if it continues to rise, we'll tell immediate family via skype on Easter Sunday (my brother & SIL live in Perth and my parents are visiting them- pipsqueak is due on SIL's birthday, and DH's family is in NZ).  

I think someone (Yip?) asked about mat leave.  With DD I worked until 38+2 (a Friday), and went into labour on 38+5 (the Monday) so no real break from work  sad.gif My Ob and work were both happy with me working so late as i had an easy pregnancy, was feeling fine and showed every sign of going late ( DD hadn't dropped an inch - my ob had even booked me in for reflexology to encourage movement downwards).  This time I'd like a little time off, but not sure how much yet. It seems a bit premature to even think about original.gif  

Hope the  sick.gif abates for some of you (Yip - great work on no vomiting today), and that all of us going through all the tests get the results we are hoping for.  

#13 Nofliesonme

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hi everyone I got my BFP tonight and I'm guessing December 12 I'm due but will get bloods and ultrasound in a few weeks. Thought I'd say hi. original.gif I have been feeling terrible that's how I knew. I think it's a boy cause to date only my ds has made me feel like this.

#14 MumLucky3

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Wow, so many pregnancies! Congrats to all original.gif

Well, since my last post, my pregnancy symptoms disappeared from the weekend and my blood test result from Friday revealed that my HCG levels were really low.....I've been paranoid so I've taken 2 preg tests which both have come back even more faint then the first one I took sad.gif

I had an ultrasound today but the sonographer could not find any gestational sac. She said it may be a bit too early to see anything and to come back at 8wks. Has anyone else had a scan done so far and what did you see?

We're going off to Fiji in 2 days so I guess I will have to wait until we come back on the 16th and fingers crossed everything is ok. My husband refuses to give into any negative thought and says to just give it time. I guess realistically, from date of conception, I am only 3wks along so it is early. It's just so strange how my symptoms have disappeared. He has been so sweet, he carries around the first pregnancy test in his left pocket. original.gif

#15 Nofliesonme

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

Mum lucky 3. It is usually very rare to see anything under 6 weeks most common 7. original.gif good luck

I should add to the above that hubby seems not 100 % about it. I know he will come round though. He wanted this but were thinking a few months off. I have 2.5 yr age gaps through all 3 each but this will be 21 months. Oh well. These things happen. I am scared yet excited. I don't know why I have been through this before.lol

#16 KiwiMelW

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:14 AM

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcomes.

Feeling really blergh today. I havent yet vomited but get constant nausea that only goes away when I eat something, so I am pretty much eating small amounts all day.

I met with my GP I love her, shes funny and really straight to the point.  I asked her if she could do a blood test to make sure I was pregnant, and she laughed and said do you not believe you are pregnant.  I do, I just want someone who knows what they are talking about tell me I am.  I guess being my first pregnancy its all freaking me out.

I have been eating well (I usually do anyway) but I need to up the vegetable intake, I stay away from all the things I am supposed to.  I'm also a bit of a fitness freak so my doctor said this early on I can continue doing what I was doing, but not not to exercise too excessively.

So waiting on my blood tests.

I used to be a quite a big drinker, so has anyone got any tips on how to hide the fact that i am not drinking with everyone? Anytime I have stopped drinking for a month or so, everyone immediately assumed I was pregnant.

#17 cosmic79

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

MumLucky3 - Fingers crossed for you.  What were your hCG levels?  I think that absolutely nothing can be seen until at least 5.5 weeks on an ultrasound, if that (and I think that's 5w 5d).  I had checked back on my old posts under a different username from years ago and I had nothing visible at around your stage but now how a healthy boy.  In fact, our age gaps seem to be around the same - I have a 10yo and 6yo original.gif

I still don't really seem to have any symptoms.  Maybe the boobs are a bit tender but that's maybe because I keep prodding them to see if they're hurting!!  I'm still expecting to see AF each time I go to the toilet... I remember doing this with my other pregnancies - the only time in my life where my toilet paper gets a thorough inspection and total relief when I don't see anything (haha, sorry if TMI!).

Hi Thunda - congrats!  I notice you have a Fletcher too!  I have a Fletcher, it's not a name I come across often!   wink.gif

I'm still way too overwhelmed with the amount of posts to keep up and do personals, so everyone please forgive me!

JuniorGandR - Always nice to know someone close by is on the boards!  I'm in Inner South/Bayside and booked into Frances Perry House.  I'd had my other DSs at St Vincent's Private (I LOVED it there) but now he only delivers at FPH.  sad.gif

Edited by cosmic79, 05 April 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#18 mandy303

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

Morning girls

Hope you are all doing well and not feeling too yucky! I'm feeling more pregnant today, sore boobs and hungry/nauseas at the same time. Off to the GP this morning - will be asking for a dating scan in a few weeks as I am feeling anxious. Will also see what she says about bloods. I had a "Day 21" test this month from my natropath at 8dpo - she said my progesterone was 95 which is high enough to confirm pregnancy.

Cosmic79 - Don't worry I keep doing the exact same thing checking the toilet paper and my undies  unsure.gif

KiwiMelW - So great you like your GP. Mine is wonderful too - It makes such a difference. Everytime I don't drink people presume I am pregnant as well. The other day, instead of refusing, I was poured a glass of champagne and then just pushed it around and pretended to sip it. Then when someone asked me I just said I wast feeling well. Not that you can get away with that until 12 weeks.

Mumlucky3 - I hope you have a nice time in Fiji without too much worry and that it was just too early to see anything

In regards to maternity leave, I am self employed so no such thing for me! Also I will be due at our busiest time of the year so not sure how I am going to handle that yet. Will be worth the stress and the cost to have a baby x

Is anyone here in the Illawarra? I know you have to book in to OBs really early here and trying to decide what I want to do with this pregnancy - I am the first of my friends to be having children so don't have anyone local to go to for advice.

Hope you are all looking forward to a lovely long weekend!

#19 KiwiMelW

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

I forgot. Im due 6/12/12!!

#20 Zingiber

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Morning All

I'm feeling a little less freaked out today. But only a little. Haven't had a chance to tell fiancee (D) as he arrived home last night with the teenagers and I went to bed before we could get a moment alone together. I don't know when I will have a chance to tell him - we're getting a new car today so he's going down to Brisbane to pick it up, tomorrow we're with his family all day, we've got the kids and his sister staying till Tuesday. We live in Noosa so every holidays we get an influx of people. I just feel I can't drop this on him in the middle of all this other chaos when he won't have a spare moment to digest it. I'd like to tell my mother but i need to tell D first. But I'm feeling calm enough now that i think i can wait until Tuesday when everyone leaves.

Physically I feel fine - not tired, a little bit nauseous but i think that is anxiety more than anything else and my boobs aren't hurting anymore (thank God because that was agony). I did another test last night and there's no doubt....those lines are bright blue.

The only weird thing was when D had a gin and tonic last night and gave me a kiss and the smell on his breath made my stomach turn. I guess I won't be mssing my G&Ts.

JuniorGandR - i'm in a similar situation - no close friends or sisters who've had recent babies, all D's friends have kids who are now teenagers and i'm not close enough to any of them to be able to talk about this.

One more question - i usually make up a fresh fruit/vegetable juice every morning and sometimes I add a spoon of 'greens'...the dried spirulina/barley/wheat grass. Is having this stuff still OK? There's nothing on the label that says it isn't and i couldn't find anything online...ultimately it is just dehydrated greens.

#21 Nofliesonme

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

Morning again ladies, I am not a real personals person snit is hard ton keep up.so please forgive me. I really don't know how this happened, I did a ovulation test last Week and I had my red line to say I had either just ovulated or would with 36 hours. We hadn't dtd for 6 days and didn't again until yesterday. So I am slightly confused. Anyway. I guess its just happening anyways.lol.

Cosmic I don't know of many Fletchers at all. I did hear there was another one born around the same time in the next town over....small town gossip.lol. But yes that little man just turned 1 and hayley is and jasmine just turned 6. So this is number 4 for us.

Can I please be added to list and how many kids etc do you ladies have? And how old are yous. I am 27 and DP is 28

#22 MahnaMahna

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

Weird extra post deleted.

Edited by MahnaMahna, 05 April 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#23 MahnaMahna

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

Zingiber - that drink sounds fine, as long as you make all the fruits/vegies are washed thoroughly before you juice them up it will be fine.

I forgot to say on the gym thing too, the usual recommendation is that any exercise you did pre pregnancy you can continue to do while pregnant, obviously as you get bigger you may need to slow down/adjust the exercise to suit.

I am still playing netball several times a week original.gif

I think the only time they tell you not to is of there is bleeding or something potentially wrong. Your GP can fill you in more I am sure original.gif

#24 SoTired

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Wow, I can barely catch up as this forum zooms along at one million miles per hour!

Time for some quick personals (I am at work!)

KiwiMelW, Micaela13, Zingiber, MrsPotatoHead, Thunda- Hi and congratulations!

MumLucky3- Hopefully you can enjoy Fiji (i am jealous!) and get some answers when you get back. Have a brilliant time!

KiwiMelW- I am a big drinker too! My drink of choice varies between wine and vodka. With wine, I just bought faux sparkling from woolies- tastes like apple cider but looks like sparkling wine and at 1st glance the bottle looks legit. I just put it in a wine carrier and no-one is the wiser. With vodka I just pretended to pour it in my OJ and just drank straight oj (the hard stuff!).

Zingiber- Your spoonful of greens doesnt sound like it is anything nasty that you shouldnt be having. You could always ask the company who makes it, or google it!
Good luck with telling your DF. It will get harder the longer you wait though!

Re exercise, I was doing low impact aerobics, pump and cycle when I first got pregnant. The low impact class at my gym got cancelled a couple of weeks later so I didnt have to worry about that. For cycle, I was recommended not to have my heart rate go above 75%. I couldnt maintain this while still getting a good workout, so I dropped the class. For pump, I did it up until 37/38 weeks pregnant and loved every moment of it! I just had to amend my movements a bit and at the end took my weights down to the minimum, or just used body weight. For the core track, i just did some pregnancy based exercises (you can find them online or an instructor should be able to help you)
Here is a PDF from Les Mills about doing pump when pregnant:
http://www.lesmills.com/Files/GlobalCentra...%20brochure.pdf

Mind you, from about 7 months, I lost the ability to sit back up after the triceps/chest track if I still had the bar, so I had to get someone else to lift it off me and I rolled off the bench like a beached whale- it probably didnt look good!

This time I still plan to keep running (whioch I started about 6 months ago). i just have to take it easy and run at a constant pace instead of doing intervals so my heart rate doesnt get too high. I still have to do the crunches, pushups and triceps dips though mad.gif

The rule of thumb with core exercises is not to do any crunches once you start to show or get to the 2nd trimester (whichever comes first). And if you lie on your back, you should try and have your head elevated or your left hip raised once you get bigger.

Re food, I pretty much cut out deli meats, soft cheeses, soft serve, sushi and salads that I didnt make myself (or didnt trust the person making them, IYKWIM). I still ate roast chicken (mmmmm, Red Rooster).

Ok, blabbed on enough!
ciao from me!

#25 Red nut

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:06 AM

Apologies to Cosmic79: I can't make the PM work on my iPad, so I'll try on a real computer later today. Quick question, saw my GP yesterday who said she didn't bother with BHCG as the urine tests were enough, and to see what the obs wanted when i booked in. I spoke to the receptionist at one of the ones I am considering, and he doesn't see you until 10 weeks. Does anyone else think they could wait until 10 weeks with nothing but a POAS test? With a first pregnancy at 38, I don't think I'm going to be the most relaxed first time mum about it....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to tell if your child has a speech or language problem

Left untreated, children who start school with speech and language difficulties face an increased risk of reading and writing difficulties, more bullying, poorer peer relationships and less enjoyment of school. So, what should parents expect of children at different ages?

Finding your tribe as a new mum

How was my renegade mother's group different from my first? They were my kind of people. My tribe.

Following your child's emotional roadmap

Psychologist Angharad Candlin will guide parents through their child's emotional development during her seminar at the Essential Baby and Toddler Show in Sydney this weekend.

Delivery room surprises: when gender predictions are wrong

Out of all the questions asked of mums-to-be, “Do you know what you're having?” would be right up there in popularity. Sometimes,

The fertility battle we don't talk about

“You’re nowhere near menopausal,” my doctor cheerily informed me, and my heart sank. I don’t want to live with worry about pregnancy anymore.

'My morning sickness was so bad I'm not having any more kids'

“All the horrible stuff was totally worth it to have my son. But there is absolutely no way I could go through it all again.”

The 'no children' wedding invite

It was the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends, and she had invited me to be her bridesmaid. It was quite an honour. But there was one problem.

Baby Dylan recovering well after spending five days alone

For up to five days he lay alone after his mother died of a suspected drug overdose, but eight-month-old Dylan Micallef has made an incredible recovery.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

The mystery of William Tyrell, little boy lost

The question remains: How does a little boy simply vanish without a trace?

Woman fights off robber, then gives birth

A thief in the US got more than he bargained for when he try to rob a woman who was nine months pregnant because he figured she would be an easy target.

Video: Two-year-old tells mum off for laughing at her

This little girl is not happy that her mum started laughing during her performance - so she tells her exactly how she feels about it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Does this baby say 'I love you'?

She's only 10 weeks old, but this baby is already dividing people around the world.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

My Wellbeing

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.