morning sickness

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ChrissieAngela

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hey everyone.
Im chrissie, im currently estimated to be 7 weeks pregnant today.
The morning sickness is so so bad, I have been struggling to keep anything down since friday
and everything just makes me sick, which is increasing my exhaustion and emotional changes.

Im so stuck i have no idea what to try and eat that i wont throw up later. Please help  sad.gif
Its hard to be excited about being pregnant when i don't look it and i'm to busy with my head in a toilet bowl.  

#2 Like a tiger

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

Unfortunately there is no magic food that everyone can tolerate during morning sickness, as much as we wish there was. If you can't keep anything down I'd suggest seeing your GP about medication. That was the only way I was able to get through my 1st trimester and kept me out of hospital

#3 Marz87

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

I keep plain biscuits next to my bed so when I wake up I have a nibble of one slowly and after 2 very slow ones it seems to set me up for being able to get up and have breakfast.

#4 Wacky Wobbler

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

My MS started at 5w5d and I was put on Maxalon at 7wks which did nothing for me. I had MS all day and all night. I lost 6 kgs (in a matter of days) and am small to start with. I couldnt eat or drink and was only managing at the most 400mls fluid a day. My ob put me on Zofran yesterday and I managed my first full cup of fluid this morning and I am 9w2d. I swear so far it has been a miracle drug.

I would go see a Doctor and see what they can prescribe you. I tried everything that I could find and so far the Zofran is the only thing that has worked.

Good luck!

#5 bestnot

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:57 AM

You may find some more help in this group -

http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=968715

#6 jenmad

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

I've also been suffering terrible M/S, much worse then the first pregnancy. I need to throw up all the time and feel terrible.

I've found trying to eat something every half hour to hour helps keep my stomach a bit calmer (it is worse  a little while after eating). I have found coke helps , although the thought of drinking it turns my stomach once I have it I can drink it and feel a little better. I find it very hard to eat anything because every food turns my stomach. I am forcing biscuits and Jelly and things in just in the hope of that short term relief.

I also find I am worse if I am tired, so try resting as much as possible!

I've tried the Maxalon and it did nothing but make me need to sleep. Which is fabulous except I need to look after my 16 month old daughter - so sleep is not a luxury I can indulge in. Also tried Blackmores morning sickness formula which did nothing.

I've been sick for 3 weeks (currently 8.5 weeks preg), hoping its gone soon. My sickness lasted till 18 weeks (though not as bad from 14 weeks) with my DD.

Hope you feel better soon.

#7 *BellBird*

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

The thing that really helped me was staying hydrated. I threw up water and the more I threw up the more dehydrated I got and then I vomited more. Find something you can drink, hydrolyte, gatorade, cordial...whatever it is and take small sips all the time. I was drinking a lot of fluid in the first trimester but it really helped with the vomiting. I could then actually eat food, which I hadn't been able to prior to the drinking. If you can't stop vomiting, go to emergency and get rehydrated via IV. It isn't fun but you will feel sooo much better with some fluid on board.

Hope it works for you too

ETA - after i got hydrated again, maxalon did actually do something, when dehydrated I just vomited that up too so it was next to useless.

Edited by nen-c, 04 April 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#8 Like a tiger

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I tried everything plain and dry with no luck but zofran saved me. It is expensive but it gave me my life back, I was a mess before it was prescribed and ended up in hospital 3 times for dehydration. I have heard that maxalon is not very effective from quite a few people, I have a severe allergy to it so it wasn't an option

#9 ChocolateTeapot

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

I don't belong here, I came in through we are discussing.

Try lemonade icypoles, they were the only thing I could stomach some days.

#10 TECB

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

I havent been throwing up but gagging lots and just feeling plain sick. but i find if i eat what im craving it heaps and defiantly if i have cold things like icyples or really cold water. hope everyone feels better soon.

#11 HANI

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

I have found that MS in this 2nd pregnancy is very different from my 1st.    

With my 1st it was all day sickness and I threw up at least once a day from 7w to 14w. The worst 2 months of my life. I was miserable up to the end of my pregnancy with acid reflux. Every time I ate I felt sick. Anything acidic like BBQ sauce or tomatoes made me really sick. Things that worked:- eating very bland food nothing oily or spicy- antacids... I took Rennie's cos the other brands were too powdery and made me sick. Liquid Mylanta I just threw up straight away. They were excellent at curbing my acid reflux and the last month I had to take one before bed- Acupressure bands (I used Seabands). They are wrist bands that put pressure on this particular point on your wrist to reduce nausea. I never took them off. Even put took them with me into the labour ward.

This time around MS started at 5w but has been so much milder. I am sick mainly in the early mornings and late evenings but feel just quesy the rest of the day. Thank god for that since there is now an almost 2 yr old i have to run after. Being hungry makes me sick so I need to eat almost constantly. If I have an empty stomach the bile rises up and makes me sick. So far the things that are working: eating small bites all the time and my Seabands.

I know advice on how to curb MS advises you to have a bite in the morning as soon as you wake up. First time are it would just have made me miserable. This time it works. If you can work out what causes the nausea, it may help you deal with it better. In saying that it is early stages yet and I live in fear everyday that it's gonna come with a vengeance.

Hope MS leaves very soon.... At the end of the day thou it's SO worth it.

#12 Future-self

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:09 PM

There are many 'lifestyle remedies' you can try that people have posted:
Icy poles
Carbonated water or lemonade
Eat constantly
Crackers, plain potato chips before getting out of bed

Some natural treatments:
Sea-bands for acupressure
Ginger
Vitamin B6

I started vomiting at 8 weeks and needed medication - Restavit & later Zofran as well. Still do actually, went off the meds this week to see what would happen and was vomiting in the work toilets by 8:30am
Good luck, hope something eases for you it really is hell

#13 becbarnes

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

I am almost 10 weeks and have felt sick from before I even found out that I was pregnant! The only thing that slightly helps is lemon and ginger tea.
I have two other children 8 and 6 and was never sick with either of them.

I’m not sure if this Facebook link works, but on the Huggies Australia page there is a question: What was your number one morning sickness cure?

http://www.facebook.com/lists/101503685340...311252782279007

That may help, Hope you are feeling better soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.