TTC#2 Thread #208
For those trying to conceive their second child

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
176 replies to this topic

#51 Tem83

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Somehow managed to post twice, now can't delete the original post....

Edited by Tem83, 10 April 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#52 Tem83

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hi all, Happy belated Easter to everyone and welcome hhmm, lovemylife and impatient Mumma.

Jess- That is so nasty firing you over Easter, especially as it came from family  mad.gif . Don't let them ruin your excitement about the transfer tomorrow. I hope everything goes really well. How soon after a transfer can you test?

Andrea- I don't think I said congratulations before, so lovely to see that everything was confirmed.

CLM- Yay for O, now for the dreaded tww, hope it passes quickly. Sounds like tests at 8dpo would be a good bet, fx they give you some answers.

Mumma- I hope you had a wonderful, child free day. It's great to hear that the transfer's not far off.

V's Mummy- great to hear that O is on the way. It must be a relief to see that everything's working.

Nurse Robin- Hawaii sounds lovely, we went a couple of years ago and it was soooo relaxing. I hope all goes well with the SA, I think a NYE birthday would be quite exciting!

Duck- Did AF stay away? I really hope she did.

AFM we had a lovely weekend away with extended family. Caught up with my cousin who was my bf as we grew up but she now lives in the UK. She told me she's just found out that she's expecting her 1st after only trying for one month! I'm very excited for her but also a little bit jealous. After her news I managed to convince myself that I was experiencing eps so tested at 9 dpo and BFN. Am now feeling all the classic signs that AF is on her way. Oh well, looks like it'll be a 2013 baby for us.

Edited by Tem83, 10 April 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#53 Mytinybean

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

hello girls, sorry its being a while since I posted here, have been really busy with work etc. we've even got a new thread since I last posted! Might take me a while to catch up.

can I ask, I used to get sore boobs after I ovulate. After I've had my #1, I breastfed for 16 months, do your boobs not get sore anymore after ovulation once you've breastfed??

#54 Mytinybean

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

can I also ask, with my OPKs, my surge only lasts a day or so, sometimes even not, is this normal??

sorry for all the silly questions.

#55 Mytinybean

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (V's mummy @ 03/04/2012, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I haven't been around much as I've just been waiting for everything to finish up with the MC. I only have light brown spotting now (TMI). But today I'm having a scan to make sure it's complete, so if you lovely ladies can put positive vibes out there for me so I don't have to have surgery it would be much appreciated! I'm so nervous and really don't want surgery.

I'm sorry about your loss, I had a D&C for blighted ovum at the end of Feb. My period came back in 2 weeks and precisely a month after the D&C I tested an LH surge. I'm now at the annoying TWW. So good luck!

#56 Mytinybean

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

nurserobin wow! Hawaii! Thatd be awesome! According to some statistics people tend to get preggers whilst on holidays

ImpatientMumma both you and your partner are so young so you would have really good chances of conceiving! Perhaps it just hasnt been the right timing. The chances of conceiving for a perfectly healthy couple are only 25%.  Youd think itll be higher LOL

mummamajeena hi, Im just catching up and getting to know everyone. Are you on IVF?

clm1982 good luck with the testing!

jesstazzy Im sorry to hear that you got fired during Easter. Hope things work out for you.

Andrea79 all the best for the new pregnancy!

CheriDeMomie happy birthday to your little girl!

Term83 I know how you feel. When people close to me get pregnant I feel happy and whatnot for them at first then I cannot help but feel a bit down! 9dpo is still early to test, EPS is the same as  the classic signs for AF, dont give up hope until AF!

AFM well I had a D&C on 29 Feb, then period 2 weeks later. Than detected an LH surge on 29 March but the surge went away the very next day. I think I tend to get very short surges? So now the TWW!

#57 jesstazzy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Mytinybean Only getting one positive reading on the OPKs is totally normal. I used to test once a day in the afternoon, and I would get one positive reading and then the next day back to negative. The LH surge can last hours on some people, while others still get positive OPKs a day or two later, but generally the length of the surge doesn't matter.
The sore boobs after ovulating is also completely normal, and is caused by an increase in progesterone, which happens after ovulation. If your boobs aren't sore anymore, that is also normal, some women get sore, others do not its just how your body decides to react to it.
When are you planning on testing?

Tem83 I don't know really how long you are meant to wait to test, but I guess as there are no drugs involved its like a natural cycle anyway, so I could test at the same time as I would have. Im going to try and hold out until the official blood test though and just hope I make it that far original.gif Don't want to get my hopes up too much, or get too disappointed by a falase negative wink.gif
Sorry about the BFN, but it is only early still so there is still hope! Completely understand how you feel about your cousins pregnancy news too, its so so hard to be 100% happy when other people are successful while you are still TTC! Especially when its after one month for them! Hopefully you can join her with a BFP in a couple of days! hands.gif

CheriDeMomie Happy birthday to your DD for tomorrow!! The big 4!! It goes past so quickly!! I don't know much about Vitex, but weren't you saying a week or 2 ago that you couldn't stop eating?? Lol are you still eating heaps or has that settled? Maybe your stress eating or something I do that! Anyway don't worry too much about 3 kgs thats such a small amount!!

andrea bbighug.gif Very happy to see you out of here and I will be stalking away until I can join you guys in the grads! Sending you boring vibes for the months ahead, enjoy every minute and don't stress too much original.gif Have fun planning little baby things!
Hopefully I see you on the other side soon!

clm1982 Im not sure which day would be better for your progesterone test, its probably much of a muchness. Maybe call the doctor and ask which one would be better? I would be inclined to go with Monday as well, but not really sure why, I have no scientific or clever reason for it lol sorry!
Testing on 23rd April ok?

mummamajeena good luck with tomorrows BT hopefully you O early so you can get on with it original.gif I ended up with blood test Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Od on CD16 this cycle, and I think its purely because my egg knew we were all waiting for it so I could stop getting up so early for the blood tests!! Stubborn little thing!
Come on egg!

ImpatientMumma, hmmm..., LoveMyLife welcome to the group! I will add you to the group list, its kept on page one of the thread and updated with testing dates regularly so we all know who to watch for the next BFP!
Hopefully your stay here is a short and enjoyable one and you have that BFP soon!

V's mummy  I have never heard that about the short LP after m/c before! All I have really heard is that you are extra fertile for 2-3 cycles afterwards so fingers crossed you can move straight back out with a BFP!
Im glad your feeling better now, and Im not surprised you have been hormonal and I dare say emotional too original.gif You've been through something tough, its understandable! So take it easy and relax as much as you can.

nurserobin Hawaii AND Fiji!! Im so jealous! Your going to have such a fantastic time! And just think of how many holiday snaps you can take with your bump wink.gif Bring on a New Years baby!

duckolah hows that temp going today? Hope you had a good Easter and bun Thursday wasn't too crazy!
Glad that all your results are normal, and I think the FS in September is a good plan, did you book in yet? However Im hoping that by September you will have to make that phone call to cancel anyway original.gif Uni has definitely had you under a LOT of stress lately, so it could make a huge difference to TTC and to everything else too!

Loz oh I forgot you are part time too sad.gif This is my first year being 'allowed' to catch and I haven't even really got anyone to follow yet! Working on 2-3 people at the moment, but all due at the end of the year anyway. Just hoping to actually see a real live birth on placement this year in June!
I understand putting things off and life on hold for TTC. Its really tough and really frustrating when you look back and realise how much you have been waiting on and putting off. I hope that you get a nice surprise soon, its about time some of us long timers get some luck I think original.gif

AFM
Transfer is 11:30am tomorrow morning! I am nervous and excited and nervous and nervous and the next week and a bit is going to be pure torture!!
I swing between OMG what if this works and OMG what if this doesn't work?!!
AAAHHHHH!!!!
Sticky vibes my way please girls!
Jess xo

#58 jesstazzy

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Argh!!! It's today!!!

#59 Tem83

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Hope that everything went well for you this morning Jess xxx
Happy Birthday to your DD Cheri, I hope you both have a lovely day today.

#60 Duck-o-lah

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Hi!

nurserobin, ooooh Hawaii you lucky girl! How are you enduring the 2ww? Hope it's going quickly.

V's mummy, oh boo to being hormonal, I hate that!

Welcome impatientMumma! People who say 'oh just relax it will happen' need a good slap in the head I reckon! laughing2.gif This is a great support group, I hope you'll like us original.gif Have you got your results back yet?

Oooh, mumma how was your child free day off? Those elusive days, how I want one!

clm1982 sorry to hear your body has been mucking you about  glare.gif My CD21 test fell on a Sunday too, so frustrating! Is there a collection place open near you on a Sunday? Probably give them a bell and see whether it matters.

Jess, fired!?! Thanks alot family! So sorry to hear that, what a bunch of... hmmm. Well, by now all will be done and dusted! Hope everything went really well and you are now to rest up and relax, hear? biggrin.gif SUPER sticky vibes your way!!!

Andrea, bye waves.gif sad.gif It's been good having you on the journey, good luck with the rest of your journey original.gif

Cheri, hope your DD had a nice birthday original.gif Yes, you do need another one wink.gif laughing2.gif

Tem83, hope AF has stayed away for you! I know how you feel, a friend of mine recently started ttc2 and fell pg first cycle. It is just so frustrating. I want to be happy for her, but it's really hard.

Mytinybean, in regards to opk's, I've only ever had one day positives, if I've managed to get a positive at all. Totally normal original.gif No silly questions here either wink.gif How's the 2ww progressing for you?

AFM, CD1  ssorry.gif b**ch showed up yesterday arvo, knew she would.

On the upside, just finished my last presentation for uni EVER! Woooohoo! And I passed my lab exam (the big one that I was scared of) double wooohooo! Been terribly busy with school, I get a little bit of a break now original.gif

Suppose I ought to get my a*se back to the GP to get that referral sad.gif

#61 jesstazzy

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

All done!He or she is in there so now just hoping it sticks and stays :)This is going to be a slow and insane wait! Blood test Tuesday the 24th if I'm still hanging in there! Nervous!!
Xo

#62 andrea79

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Sorry Mods, there's no way I'm not responding to Jess!!!

Woo hoo hon! So excited for you and sending super sticky vibes and tonnes of baby dust over to you right now  hands.gif eexcite.gif  ddance.gif

#63 Bellefin

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thinking of you Jess, and will be for the next 2 weeks! there are 2 girls in
secondary infertility that are in 2ww after IVF transfers too. Really hoping for
you all!!

#64 clm1982

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

Goodluck Jess!!!

Sorry been flat out today at work, will try and get back in tomorrow.

#65 mummamajeena

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yay Jess!!! Feels great doesn't it? Now just the wait. So how many are left frozen and do you know what the Emby was like? What grade?
Another blood test for me tomorrow morning. I think I'll probably get a +I've tomorrow so my transfer will be late next week original.gif

#66 CheriDeMomie

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Arvo girls!! It's DDs birthday! She is now 4 - today! I can't believe it ... she is just beautiful - so happy for her, it's such a great day.

Anyway, I am REALLY READY for another one now ... like REALLY ready - but I might get a job first - hahahahahahaha ...

PS. Good luck Jess! Really hope you get good news, you deserve some after the rough trot you had recently with your family ... much much baby dust for you!!

Edited by CheriDeMomie, 11 April 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#67 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a lovely easter break. :-)

Mytinybean- it's not unusual to only get one positive OPK. :-)  I get 2 usually but most people get one I think.   grin.gif

CherieDeMomie-  I hope your DD had a wonderful day today!  Did you do anything? What did she get for her birthday?

Welcome Impatientmumma!

Duck-  Damn the witch showing up!  But yay for last preso at uni!  WOOHOO!

Jes-  OMG!  Sooooo exciting!  I am sending super sticky vibes your way and I can't wait for this 2WW to fly by!

mummajeena-  I'll be thinking of you and hoping for a positive tomorrow.  I'm really praying for both of you lovely ladies that this is the month for you!   hands.gif

AFM-  well still waiting for positive OPK.  I'm thinking it might be a little later than usual now.  I'm still waiting for EW CM which would usually start today so perhaps I will ovulate late.  Oh well what can you do.  Also got some awesome news from my sister, they are trying to have #3!  Soooo excited that we might be pg so close together.  I'm crossing my fingers that we both have babies on board sooner rather than later and have trouble free, sticky pregnancies!  

#68 caroldiem

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

I am with andrea79 I can't help it i have to come in here and wish jesstazy all the best

I was so excited when i read that the transfer was successful  eexcite.gif ddance.gif  

My first thought was YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! finally sending you lots of sticky vibes i hope that little bubba sticks and grows. You need to keep saying stick baby stick grow baby grow original.gif

Will be  ph34r.gif and counting down with you for the 24th

The TWW drove me nuts i hope you don't go crazyyyyyyyyy  grin.gif

Edited by caroldiem, 11 April 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#69 ImpatientMumma

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Ok so lets see if i have the hang of this.... Tounge1.gif posts appear so quickly it's hard to catch up...
Duck- Sorry to hear, congrats on your test, i'm glad my testings for my course are now down to a minimal but definitely still dread them. and yes i know.... They sure do! how frustrating.
Jess- FX for a sticky one... keep yourself occupied to keep your mind off the 2ww.
Cheri- happy bday for DD!!
Thank you for the welcomes everyone, yes i'm hoping it's a short stay too but just not feeling it in my gut... Past the point where i think "this might be the month"... There's just been too many.

AFM. no results as the dr decided to take a week off, reception told me they could not give me the results as dr wants to make an appointment for them. Oh NO! Thats never a good sign. Have started charting, and will start OPK's at about day 10 i think. Cycle varies from 28-33 days, so don't wanna miss it. Taken a few big steps this month, not only cut down on, but cut out all together on caffeine, focusing on my diet more, figured there's no harm in trying..! Hope i have't missed anyone in personals, although im pretty sure i have... just getting familiar with names is all. Give me time.. I'm feeling like i might be here for a while... still fingers AND toes crossed for me...

#70 clm1982

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hi Girls

hmmm... and Impatientmumma - Welcome

V's Mummy
- Sorry your still feeling down, it may take a bit of time to get your head around it. Now that im on my next cycle im feeling better, i hope you do too soon!

Jess - Praying for a sticky one for you! Why did your family fire you? 23rd testing date is ok but due to my 10 day LP im expecting AF before that. Will see if i can hold out this month or not.

Mytinybean
- My boobs are almost sore my whole cycle lol Before i O and after and i BF my DD for about 6 months. My surge only generally lasts for 1 day although i do test quite alot (4 times a day around expected O date) so i usllay get 2 days of +OPK.

NurseRobin
- Yay for Hawaii i went there for part of my honeymoon, it was nice a bit like a glorified Gold Coast.

Tem - I know how you feel about all the pregnancy annoucements. My stepmum who is only 32 is pregnant with a brother or sister for me lol and my 22 year old niece is pregnant too it sucks!!

Duck
- Sorry the witch arrived glad your results are normal but doesnt make things much better does it knowing that everything is normal at least if there was someting wrong they could fix it!! Your not going to know what to do with yourself once uni has finished.

Cheri - Happy birthday to your DD. What did you end up doing, party games etc i seen your post in the other section. Im trying to organise mine and DD's 3rd birthday party and its doing my head in.

AFM - 4DPO today and like last month getting cramps, tingly boobs and backache, hope its a good sign but dont wanna get my hopes up. If i did get pregnant this month then due date would be 30th December! So close to christmas and new years lol Still flat out trying to organise my 30th Birthday and DD's 3rd birthday and i cant decide what to do!!!

waves.gif  to everyone else and the Grads stalkers Tounge1.gif

#71 jesstazzy

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

ImpatientMumma don't worry too much about the doc wanting an appointment to discuss the results original.gif We had to have an appointment to discuss them too, and everything had come back normal for us, so I think they just like to discuss it in person so they can make sure everything is all clear and understood and what they think is the best option next.
Cutting out caffiene and focusing on your diet can't hurt thats for sure. And even if it has no effect on fertility for you whatsoever, at least your body is that little bit healthier for when you do concieve, and being healthier also has to improve your chances I think original.gif

caroldiem, andrea79 waves.gif thanks ladies! Hopefully I can join you in the grads group in 12 days!!

V's mummy Fingers crossed for a postive OPK very soon for you so you can get on with it original.gif Also that would be really nice if you and your sister can be pregnant together too! Good luck to you both!

CheriDeMomie hope DD had a fantastic birthday yesterday! Did you do the my little pony party yesterday or is that for the weekend?
Im sure she got very spoilt, and I think the birthdays definitely make the longing for a new baby worse!!

mummamajeena hands.gif Bring on that positive today!! They didn't tell me what grade the emby was or anything, but I have two pics of it and they are weird looking little things! They said they took out emby1 and it didn't survive the thaw, so they took out emby2 which was looking borderline, so they took out emby3 just incase. Emby3 was a good one so thats what went back in, and they were leaving emby2 in culture overnight to see how it went for either refreezing or discarding today. Im meant to call them sometime today to see how it went. So we have a definite 4 left in the freezer, maybe 5. It is a great feeling, but also a stressful one and 24 hours later I think I am already insane!

clm1982, Bellefin, Tem83 thankyou for the luck and well wishes original.gif Hope your all travelling along nicely!

duckolah bbighug.gif Im sorry that she showed up sad.gif I really am sick of some of us still being here, its been too long and the top half of the list at least needs to move out already!!
Congratulations on that lab exam!! And last presentation ever you must be so relieved!! Not too long before its all over!

AFM
Not too much happening. Its only been 24 hours and Im already insane laughing2.gif Though I was probably insane to start with anyway.... wink.gif
Having lots and lots of twinges and little cramps and stuff ever since yesterday afternoon, not sure if its related or if its always happening but Im extremely aware of every little thing right now. Counting down to the 24th, AF is technically due on the 20th/21st so I will be even more insane on those days!!
SO NERVOUS!! Lol crappy timing to get fired too, could do with some distraction and Uni work just doesn't cut it! Speaking of being fired I have to write a big letter today outlining the reasons why its unfair dismissal and give work a chance to reinstate me or compensation payout before I take it further with fair work australia mad.gif Frustrating!!
Hope everyone is having a good day!!
Jess

#72 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I just had to come in and say i'm so happy! pretty sure O will be Cd19 or 20 at the latest, which is pretty standard for me.  I'm cd 17now and my opk is getting darker.  I'd say I will have a positive tomorrow.  And omg I have never had so many o symptoms Heaps of egg white CM, and my body feels almost pregnant!  Leaky boobs, o pain, heavy feeling in abdomin.  Really hoping that's a good sign not a bad one.  I definitely don't have any hcg left as I tested it out of my system.  Please cross your fingers for me!  Yay!  I'm amazed it's pretty much back to normal straight away!  Please god send me a sticky baby this month!  Sticky sticky sticky!

#73 *~lotusflower~*

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hi Jess,

Just jumping on to say Hi!!

Great news sweet!!! Wishing you all the sticky-ness in the world.
xxx

#74 MrsW87

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Just stalking Jess and wanted to wish you all the luck in the world for this cycle hun! I really hope it works and will be hoping and praying for you! You sure as hell deserve it

xo

#75 Bellefin

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi girls
I feel a bit guilty cos I haven't done any personals in a while, I've been following you all though, and also 2 other groups with girls with problems like myself. I got a call from the clinic I'm changing to and they had a cancellation so could get me in 6 weeks earlier than I could originally get an appt. So I was really excited about that.

Anyway, 13dpo today, temp was slowly dropping and today went back up to 36.9 which is unheard of at the end of a cycle. So even though I wasn't going to, I thought it warranted an HPT. Lo and behold, not straight away, but within a few minutes, a line came up! It's very light but it's there, DP can see it.

13 cycles and I finally have a BFP.gif It might turn out to be a chemical pregnancy or a miscarriage but at least something bl00dy connected with something! A sperm got to an egg and fertilised and implanted! Trying not to get too excited but there it is. EDD if it sticks will be 24th Dec I think, and I couldn't care less! I always avoided Dec EDD before because I'm 21st Dec and I hated it but after being told I probably will never get pregnant on my own, I don't care.

Hopefully the awesome run from last month will carry over to this month. Please hands.gif for a sticky for me girls. So, who's coming to the grads group with me? Jess? Oh that's right, I'm not getting excited yet.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Video: 10-week-old baby sounds like she says 'I love you'

It’s mixed in amongst garbled baby talk, but this 10-week-old's apparent attempt at telling her parents that she loves them has made her an internet star.

I only enjoyed pregnancy after booking my caesarean

To say I became obsessed is something of an understatement. Everywhere I went I found cause to be reminded of my impending pain.

When your bundle doesn't bring immediate joy

One mum says joy is very a personal feeling and expecting all new mums to feel it in the months after their baby born may do more harm than good.

Lessons learned from my toddler

Blogger Kiran Chug explains why she is going to let her toddler make more decisions for himself.

Family welcomes first baby girl in more than 100 years

The Silverton family has heard the phrase "it's a girl" for the first time in four generations.

When a community of kindness steps in

In future when someone I care for, or even someone I barely know, is experiencing a difficult time, I will not overthink it. I'll follow my heart.

Mum in Business: Jac Bowie

Jac Bowie is the founder of Business in Heels, one of the fastest growing women’s networking events in Australia. She shares her story, including how she juggles work with a young family, and ways to work smarter.

What not to say to a mum of twins

Being a mum of identical twin boys stirs up great interest and fascination. It also opens itself up to nosy, invasive questions, as well as huge assumptions.

The mums suing over unplanned babies

A mother-of-five who calls her two youngest sons "miracle babies" is just one of many mums seeking financial compensation for their children's unplanned conceptions.

Video: Dad sings 'Hallelujah' to his daughter every year

It's a gorgeous song to begin with, but this dad's version of Hallelujah, sung for his young daughter, is especially touching.

Constipation in babies when starting solids

While starting solids can be frustrating and messy (yet also fun!), introducing solids can also play havoc on tiny digestive systems.

Parents reunited with baby snatched from hospital

A mother whose newborn baby was snatched from hospital has spoken of her joy and relief at getting her daughter back.

In defence of the bumpie

Are bumpies - bump selfies - really "exhibitionism of the weirdest kind"?

Life on the other side of the fence: Why I'm child-free and quite content

Acknowledging that motherhood isn't a bed of roses – to begrudge lack of time, sleep, money and spontaneity – is sacrilegious and a no-no, especially by mother superior-types.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher

Fill out this quick survey and tell us in 25 words or less your best pregnancy or parenting tip - you'll go in the draw to win a $200 Pumpkin Patch voucher.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Vote for a chance to win $5000

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby news for Isla and Sacha

Congratulations are in order for Aussie actress Isla Fisher and her husband, Sacha Baron Cohen.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Vote to win

What are your favourite baby products?

The first ever Essential Baby Awards, celebrating the best in baby products. We?re inviting you to have your say. Simply vote for your favourite products to win a $5000 VISA debit card.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.