Does anyone want to start a Jillian Michaels 30 day workout with me tomorrow?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#26 DandS

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

I am unco duedec, so now Im a bit scared about week 2!

I plan to do it again later thisafternoon.

#27 Hop1

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hi girls can I join in.  I bought the DVD today and plan on waking up early in the morning for my first session.  Will let you know how I go.

I have a couple of questions Is anyone following her diet? and what weights have you started with?  I haven't got any weights yet and dont want to go to light or heavy to start.

I'm going on a cruise and june and need to drop a few kg so that's my motivation.

#28 RogerRabbit

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hop I am using 1 kg weights, perfect for me that they do get a bit heavy while doing the exercise, but not too heavy that I strain with them. I haven't looked much on her site (doing that now) I am just trying to eat healthy not so many fizzy drinks, lollies, cakes etc trying to find the healthest option, and eating smaller meals. I am finding now that I don't need the larger meals.

#29 duedec

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Ripped in 30 - day 2 of Level 2 done.  Definitely feel like I've had an upper body workout.  The cardio is harder because it seems to incorporate weight on arms.

Can anyone do full push-ups (ie not on knees).  Level 2 has you doing spider pushups.  I found them hard on my knees - I don't think I'll ever be able to do the full ones.  

Hop1.  I have 2kg, 3kg and 4kg.  For L1 I used 3 and 4kg, but struggled on the arm raise type ones, and so bought some 2kg.  I find for the front raises, shoulder type ones I need lower weights, but can go up to about 4kg for rows and biceps.  

I am not doing the diet, however I do use myfitnesspal to monitor calories.

DdDwMumMe
.  It's so hard to do it with kids around.  I do a bike session in the morning, and then try to do JM at lunch while DD is napping.  DS usually sits and watches, but it's so much harder when he wants to get involved.  He asks a million and one questions and I find it really hard to answer when I'm working out!  The wrost questions are when he tells me that I haven't got my legs straight enough or high enough like the woman doing the advanced session!  

elleep. Did you manage to fit it in?

#30 CSF

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi all,

I did day 3 yesterday but missed today. Early starts & working until midnight got the better of me - back on track tomorrow original.gif

#31 RogerRabbit

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

duedec - oh no, that sounds like my eldest sound - he hasn't said anything yet but wouldn't be surprised if he did. The younger two just want to join in and get under my feet.

Not sure if I will get anything done today, off to my sisters for a family thing, need to back bags for DS1 and DS2 they are going to my mums for a couple of days. I am also not sure if I can do it around Dh,I really do like my privacy when exercising - sounds silly I know.

I have been a good girl so far!! with chocolates, I just keep thinking I am not doing all this hard work to lose it with pigging out on chocolate eggs - unfortunatly its DH who is eating my share lol not something he should be doing either.

sugababe good luck for today original.gif nice to know that I am not the only one missing days.

#32 cardamom

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Ugh, just did Day 1 of 30 Day Shred - have never done a Jillian workout before, and only ever done one fitness DVD in my life, and holy cow I am exhausted! Had actual beads of sweat rolling off my face, I sure know I worked hard!

I don't think I'll be doing it every day (I'm so unfit!), just wanted something extra to add to my exercise routine  original.gif

#33 CSF

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

cardamom - stick with it! I improved really quickly doing 30 Day Shred. It's only 20 minutes - don't 'phone it in!

Did Ripped in 30 again today. Week One nearly over original.gif

#34 cardamom

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (*sugababe* @ 06/04/2012, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cardamom - stick with it! I improved really quickly doing 30 Day Shred. It's only 20 minutes - don't 'phone it in!

Did Ripped in 30 again today. Week One nearly over original.gif

laughing2.gif  I was shrieking "f#*! off Jillian!" at one point when she said "Don't phone it in!" I can't believe how hard I worked in 20 minutes. DP did it with me, he was pretty exhausted too.

Alright, you've convinced me, I'll do it again tomorrow. Silly as it is, I sort of feel like this is exercise for people who are actually fit/skilled, and that I'm too overweight to be doing such fancy exercise  ssorry.gif

#35 RogerRabbit

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:28 AM

Cardamon you should haven seen me the first day - I was actually shaking afterwood, I don't think I have ever pushed my body that hard, but I felt really good too. You would think with all the chasing I do after the boys I would be fit, ha no way am I. I still sometimes have a little 5 sec break, sometimes, I find concentrating on my breathing helps me get through it.

Didn't get a chance yesterday so make up for it today, thinking of taking DS3 (the other boys are at mums) for a ride somewhere and I will jog beside him.

Edited by DdDwMumMe, 07 April 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#36 CSF

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

cardamom, it is for people like us. You need to drop that attitude wink.gif The first time l did it l couldn't walk for days! I really live her routines and find what she says motivating. My advice to you would be not to give up, do it every second day & pause it if you need a breather but don't stop! You will get better. xxx

#37 DandS

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Did it again thismorning, after not doing it last 2 days (away at moment). Plan to do it again tomorrow then start week 2 either mon or tues. Also ran thismorning, so feeling good original.gif

My 3 boys find it amusing watching me and get under my feet, but I don't care if they watch. Hate my DH watching though!

Hope everyone has a nice easter original.gif

#38 cardamom

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Aww, thanks for the kind words ladies!  original.gif Feeling chirpier now.

Had planned to do it today, but I'm SO sore, I'm not sure I can! My leg muscles have gotten progressively more painful as the day has gone on  laugh.gif Thank God my house doesn't have stairs. Went for a walk instead.

#39 jenjams

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Go you Jillian good things!  I started on Jillian's 30 day shred last year and moved on to all things Jillian.  She is awesome and she works!
Keep with her ladies.  She will not let you down.

Go SB go!

#40 RogerRabbit

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

Happy Easter everyone, don't eat too many of those Easter Chocolates wink.gif Easter Bunny was kind and brought me some dark chocolate, so maybe a square or two every couple of days wink.gif

Don't think I will get a chance to do the dvd today, but will run around playing hide and seek with my boys and nephews - now that is a work out!!!

Have a great day everyone original.gif

#41 DandS

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hope everyone has had a great Easter! I managed to barely eat any chocolate (perhaps one or two tiny solid ones, thats it though), and managed to keep the exercise up, so Im pleased.

I just did week 2, and OMG, I am so unco! I found it much harder than week 1, hopefully after I repeat it a few times I get the hang of the moves a bit better. I have to say though, I hate planks, and all of its variations lol!

I had my 4yo DS 'helping' me, he was trying to do it at the same time, and asking questions, so I had to actually restart it at one stage.

duedec - no way I can do 'real' pushups, and especially when they are crazy ones like those spider ones!!

#42 sportysmurf

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Im doing 30DS at the moment.  Up to L3 D2 and am LOVING this level.  Lots of plank work, but it feels amazing.  I hate cardio, find it really exhausting, but in this level the cardio is pretty do-able.

Im not sure if Ive lost any inches/weight....but I can definatly feel some definition going on....cant see it (need a bit more shredding!!) but its there!!

#43 FeralAndIKnowIt

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

Last week totally didn't go as planned for me so will be strating from scratch again tomorrow. Sounds like everyone else is doing really well though!

I'll be up early to do Ripped in 30 tomorrow morning.

#44 CSF

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well, I started the day by walking and squeezing in my favourite Bob DVD (20 minutes) before work. I was planning another walk when I got home along with level 2 of Jillian. Work asked me to stay back, and with public holiday rates today, I couldn't refuse. Jillian will have to wait until tomorrow...

cardamom - how are you going?

Thanks jenjams - I still love them both just needed some inspiration wink.gif

#45 cardamom

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Ooh, public holiday rates would be hard to turn down. Perfectly understandable!

The pain in my legs has subsided at last  biggrin.gif  Did my second day of Shred yesterday, though I kept getting distracted by things (ie. cooking dinner) and would have to pause for a couple of minutes then start again, so I don't think I worked as hard yesterday. Haven't done it today, am writing an essay at the moment (though I really could have fit it in, have time wasted a lot today!) Have Zumba tomorrow so I'm not sure I'll fit Jillian in too... As I said though, I just want something different to add into my exercise routine, so I'm not going to stress too much if I miss a day or two  original.gif

#46 RogerRabbit

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

sportysmurf - I feel the same about something is happening, some of my clothes are easier to put on lol Although I am no where near the level you are at.  Silly question but are there different days to each level? I have just been starting Level 1 each day and doing the 20 mins???

Tried Level 2 today, oh goodness couldn't do half of it, didn't help that DS2 & DS3 kept playing near me and making lots of noise (at least they were not agruing) but still distracting. Will go back and do level 1 today I think, didn't feel like I got enough none today.

sugababe is bob different from jillian? I think I am going to need something different as well, I have zumba on dvd but am so not coordinated for that

#47 duedec

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Did RI30 Ė Level 2 for the 3rd time today (Iím just doing it twice a week).  It is so much harder than L1.  Hate to think what L4 will be like!  The cardio is so much harder because so many of them seem to be plank based.   I can run for 1.5 hours, but a couple of minutes of these kills me!  I don't really feel like my abs are getting a great workout though, and wondering if I'm not quite doing some of these as correctly, or as hard as I should be.

DandS.  I find the lungey bicep curls very unco!  How many days are you doing RI30?  I do RI30 during the day when DH isn't at home!  

Sportysmurf.  Well done on L3.  

Aimee28.  Are you back on track again?

*sugababe*.  I havenít tackled Bob yet.  Figured 1 is enough for me at the moment, but heís obviously a bit of a hit.

Cardamom.  Iím doing JM just as a something different too.  On the days that I do JM I do a bike ride in the morning on my inside bike trainer, then do a JM workout while 1 child is asleep.    

DdDwMumMe.  Which JM one are you doing?  Itís a bit vague as to when to go up.  I plan to stick with each level for about 3 weeks (so doing it 6 times as Iím doing it twice each week).   I guess if you are truly doing the 30 day thing, then it would be about 1 level a week.

jenjams.  Thanks for the motivation!

Thought Iíd start a list of whoís in.  Apologies if Iíve missed anyone Ė add your name if I have and Iíll update.

Duedec
DandS
DdDwMumMe
Cardamom
*sugababe*
Aimee28
sportysmurf
Ireckon
elleep
Lexillotti
Hop1
Jenjams Ė the motivator!

#48 DandS

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I did (RI30) Level 2 for the second time today, and I agree that it is so much harder duedec! I did find it slightly easier today though, more idea on what the moves were, and didnt have anyone trying to interrupt me. I found my arms were really sore today (after doing it yesterday), this level works on your arm strength so much more, and I have not much! I did it 4 or 5 times last week (I cant qiute remember!), but dont think I want to do it many more times than that. I still do something else on the days I do it, whether it be short run or ride.

wondering if I'm not quite doing some of these as correctly, or as hard as I
should be.

I worry about that too...

DdDwMumMe - I found doing level 2 yesterday for the first time near impossible with the distraction of kids watching me/making noise/distracting me. It is easier when you've done it once before, and you can concentrate!

#49 RogerRabbit

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

I am doing the 30 day shred - had a look at menu and its only three separate 20 mins workouts. Might try to do the level 2 tomorrow when DH takes DS3 swimming, let the other two play the computer that should give me time to listen and work out what to do.

I took the boys out bike riding today, and I jog along side them and having races. Was nice to get out there and run but wow SandS I don't think I could do 1.5 hrs, I really am finding out how unfit I am. Hopefully that will all change soon.

duedec like the list  biggrin.gif

#50 DandS

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

DdDwMumMe - it was duedec that can run 1.5 hours (though I hope I can soon!). Well done on getting out. I hope you can have another go tomorrow without distractions, I think it does help a lot being able to concentrate!

Sportysmurf - I hate planks, but love cardio! Sounds like you are doing really well.

Cardamom, keep at it!

Sugababe, What is your favorite Bob one? I have read good things about him, sounds like he must be good!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss, as it involves toilet talk. But it needs to be talked about.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.