#3 emski72

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

SILVER cool.gif

does this add good luck for us??

#4 minidiamond

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:35 AM

Bronze !

Hi everyone ....

Kez I am so so sorry to hear of your loss.  I hope you can start to heal soon, it's difficult to know what to say except that I have an inkling of what you're going through and wishing you a speedy recovery.  

Turquoise
, welcome to this thread, it's a great place for support, venting, questions etc etc.  I can understand your situation, it's a tough one with your DH.  I know everyone is different but I will be 43 when I have this bub, and although I've had two m/c am having a pretty good pregnancy so far (touch wood at 21 weeks).  Sounds like the best thing is to see the FS and go from there.

Eloise, what a fantastic outcome from your scan after that early scare !  Well done you & your ovaries ! I hope those follies are growing and will be nice & ready for EPU - All the best hun

Welcome womenindocs, I'm glad you found the thread !

emski, I hope the clinic has a surprise for you today & some more embies make it through for freezing.  You never know !  Best of luck with the ones on board, I hope you don't go too crazy in the 2ww

waterlilly, hope you are doing okay.  Congrats on getting your braces off, I had braces as an adult & it's the best thing I could've done !  

Pilar how are you & your little bean traveling ? Not long now to 12 week scan !  Take care.

Hi pingyrat, Chloe, Hattie, Peaches Luci & everyone else....

*preg mentioned*

AFM, 21 weeks tomorrow, we had our morph scan last week & all is growing where and as it's supposed to be.  Ten little fingers, ten little toes and one little .... willy.  Yep, we are having a boy.  biggrin.gif   Am feeling okay except that I have pinched a nerve in my lower back which is excruciating & basically has me confined to sitting or lying.  I've had a bit of a stiff back & do prenatal yoga, and when I got up to leave the class yesterday felt a huge pinch, OW!  I am NOT complaining as I know how lucky I am to have made it this far along but I can't really take too many steps without a massive pain in my back.  Have OB appt tomorrow to follow up on my morph scan so hopefully he'll be able to refer me to a physio or similar.

Edited by Liltuss, 01 April 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#5 Water_lily

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Congrats Liltuss

#6 Torquoise

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hello Ladies

Kez71- So sorry to hear of your sad news. My heart goes out to you and I hope your surrounded by family and friends to get you through this difficult time.

Emski72- Good Luck, fingers crossed for you. Thinking of you as I know what the 2WW is like. Take it easy and just keep yourself busy so you don't drive yourself crazy.

EloiseIVF- Fantastic news about your big beautiful follies.

Chloe69- Thank you so much for welcoming me in the group.  I honestly understand that the group was sad for Kez71.  It is very heartbreaking and I agree Infertility is so unfair.
I always thought from a very young age that I would have 2 children but I only have one and am still desperate for a second child.  Honestly it really gets to me and I have my days when I get so despressed over it.
The FS I saw 2 years ago was very good and straight to the point about everything.
The nurse that was taking care of me was brilliant as she was like a sister to me.  I could tell her anything and she was so understanding, so I most probably will go back to the same FS as that nurse worked for him.
As for my approach, well firstly I'm overweight so I'm on a diet now and secondly I want to see an Acupuncturist.  I've heard that having acupuncture whilst undergoing IVF really helps your treatment.

Waterlilly- Thank you for welcome. It's nice to join a group like this.
Good luck with next cycle

Liltuss- Thank you for your welcoming me onto this group.
Congratulations on a BFP, 21 weeks , that's so exciting for you.

Hope your back gets better soon. I know exactly what you are going through with a pinched nerve in your lower back.  I have a disc bulge and it has been caused partly by  compressed nerves too and yes it is so painful and annoying somedays.  I'm actually seeing a Chiropractor at the moment which is helpng a little.

AFM-  At the moment I'm taking Elevit and Vitamin D tablets to help me along my journey.  As for my DH he still hasn't come to the party yet and is happy with the one child.

Good luck ladies and hope to hear more BFP.

Ciao

Torquoise

Edited by Torquoise, 02 April 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#7 Pilar Palabundar

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hi everyone, just a quick visit....

Liltuss, congrats on your wonderful news, a beautiful baby boy cclap.gif , how wonderful.  Ouchh with your back, hope you're feeling a little better today and it comes good soon.....  good luck with your OB appt today.

Ellie, good luck for your EPU tomorrow, hope it all goes well!

Em, hope the 2ww isn't too excrutiating for you.

Kez, hope you're doing okay if you're still checking in....  thinking of youxx

Welcome Torquise, I hope you find the support you need in here, CoQ10 and Royal Jelly are often used to help boost egg quality - best of luck to you.

Hey to everyone else waves.gif .  Hope everyone else is well and looking forward to their Easter break.... only a few days now.  

Take care all,
PilarPxx

#8 Torquoise

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hello everyone

Pilar Palabundar- Thank you for welcoming me into the group. I shall definitely try the CoQ10 and the Royal Jelly. I have heard of the CoQ10 but not Royal Jelly so thanks for your advise.

Hope all is well with you and yes I am looking forward to the Easter break too.

Ciao

Torquoise

#9 Peaches.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi Ladies

Liltuss - a little boy? wow that's great news. I loved your "little willy" comment. This must make it so much more real knowing the s*x. I hope your back improves soon and doesn't give you too much pain.

Emski - Sorry to hear your other embryos didnt make it to freeze. Hopefully the 2 you have inside are growing along perfectly - remember it only takes 1. How are you feeling now? When is your BT?

Ellie - great news on the 6 follies! By now you may have even recruited more. Sounds like everything is going along really well for you. When is EPU?

Welcome Torquise. I wish you well in your TTC journey. There are few ladies on here who already have one child and on to their 2nd. Great that you have a fantastic FS and you are going back to him. Good luck.

Waterlily - how you are travelling? Are you starting a new cycle soon?

Kez - I hope you are OK.

Pilar - thanks for PM on. So haven't you now hit the 12 week mark? What a milestone!!! And what a relief for you and hubby. Are you going to find out s*x like Liltuss?

Hi Luci/Hattie and anyone else checking in.

Still not much from me. Lap booked in for next Friday 13th. I know I know not the best day but hubby thinks it can mean good luck as well! A lttile nervous about it but great to finally be moving along again.

Have a great week everyone.

#10 chloe69

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

Ellie - did EPU end up being scheduled for Tuesday? If so, just popping in to wish you luck for tomorrow. Fingers are crossed, breath is being held for you & those multiplying follies!  You scored gold in the new forum which I think is always a good sign.... bbighug.gif
Em - how are your emotions now? Bad news that your 7 embros didn't make it to freeze but good news that you have 2 "potentials" on board. C'mon embies....

Peaches - Friday 13th dev (6).gif ....better than your birthday! As you say, good to get going again. I hope the procedure is smooth (as I'm sure it will be).

Torquoise - sounds like you have the supplements covered...just ready for when DH says "yes". Your FN sounds great. I hope that she is still there when you go back.

Womenindocs
- how are things with you? Any progress on you trying to carry?

Pilar - how are things going in your world? Details, details.......please!

Liltuss - ooohhh, a little boy. bbluestork.gif ...how exciting. Now you can start buying clothes! (well, you could before, but now you can buy in blue!) Have you organised a nursery yet?

Waterlily - so you are going to cycle again next month? I'm glad that you feel that you are strong enough now to try again. bbighug.gif

Pingy & Kez - thinking of you both.

I've been thinking a bit lately of that woman who had a baby naturally at 50. The odds must have been enormous. She was doing the BD for years and nothing happened...I wonder what changed to enable her to conceive......my FS tells me that once you've gone past 43 (my age) your odds are really low....but really you must have a chance past that....things have just got to align.....it would be nice if they figured out what thost "things" are that have to "align" and then we could do them....
The other reason that I think you must have a reasonable chance past that age is another FS told me that they are also working on developing a pill specifically for older woman....as woman don't want to get pregnant in their mid to late 40s and the normal pill isn't always best for their bodies...so there is enough demand to develop a post 40s pill....go figure...

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud....have a great day everyone!

Chloe

#11 Hattie

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Hi all,
Not really much time (damned work!) but hello to everyone!

Chloe , couldn't resist responding to your musings:
FS tells me that once you've gone past 43 (my age) your odds are really low....but really you must have a chance past that....things have just got to align.....it would be nice if they figured out what thost "things" are that have to "align" and then we could do them....

Well in my case with the surprise pg last year at 42, here's what I did:

*took no prenatal vitamins (or vitamins of any kind),
* had ill-health for months and as a result absolutely never exercised,
*had a really bad flu leading up to when I must have ovulated
*had no idea when I ovulated
*drank several dozen cocktails because it was my 42nd birthday, then took a tonne of neurofen because of the hangover
*had sex once (thanks to aforementioned 42nd birthday cocktails) in the entire 6 weeks before I got the BFP .

So as you can see it is a pretty magical formula, I am thinking of patenting it then sitting back and raking in the millions.  wink.gif

Cheers,
Julie

#12 Water_lily

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

I drink to that Hattie.  The stim cycle I had my son we drank a bottle of sparkling. I had no idea I was not suppose to take alcohol during the time of taking the drugs.  When I asked about alcohol after that, I donít know for what reason, FS said one glass is OK.!!!

Looks like AF is on her way. Tomorrow is our 3rd wedding anniversary. We are going out for dinner. So we are going to share another bottle !!!. That will give my eggs a bubbling start. eexcite.gif

#13 chloe69

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Giggle...so roll2.gif alcohol is the answer? (Slaps forehead)....

thanks for the insight Hattie - I love the formula!
Waterlily - Happy anniversary.

Chloe

Edited by chloe69, 08 April 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#14 Water_lily

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

Ellie. Good luck with the EPU today.

AFM: Going to start my cycle today. Day 1.

#15 Torquoise

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hello Ladies

Peaches- Good Luck with your Lap on Friday the 13th.

Chloe69- I know I now need to get my DH to come to the party. At the moment he still doesn't want to know. I don't know what I'm doing about my FS appointment at the end of this month.  I was thinking that I might even give the FN a call to see if she is still working for the FS I'm booked with.  

I know what you mean about the odds being low at 43.  I still think there is hope for all of us in our 40's. I was speaking to a friend  and she said her girlfriend had a child at 46, so there is hope I believe.
Saying that I also believe if your meant to have children you will whether it's early or later in life.

Hattie- I love what you wrote, what a laugh!
Obviously you were meant to fall pregnant at that particular time.  
Happy Anniversary Hattie

Waterlilly- Good luck with your next cycle

AFM- Just taking my supplements on a daily basis.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter break

Ciao

Torquoise

Edited by Torquoise, 04 April 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#16 EloiseIVF

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

Hey gang, just a quickie as just back from EPU. Four eggs from the six follies - not too shabby for a geriatric with LOR original.gif   Gotta go sleeeeeeeep....   Love Ellie x

#17 spring_rain

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

Hi, I'm another newbie here, I tried the "over 40 and TTC naturally" group but there doesn't seem to be anything happening over there.  I turned 40 just before Christmas and have a 21 month old DD. DH would dearly love another, but I'm still not sure if it's possible (I'm not young, we are both overweight, but I have been going to a dietitian and doing bootcamp and personal training 5 days a week to try and lose the baby weight I gained with DD). However I'm willing to give it a go.  I went to see my GP earlier this week to ensure all health checks are up to date. She said just to try for 6 months, then come back, but I think that if nothing happens by mid year, I will be back knocking on the door.

#18 emski72

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:02 PM

Sorry just a quickie - glad to here EPU went well Eloise!

I'll come back later and write some more!

Em x

#19 emski72

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hi all,

hope everyone is going well!

Welcome Spring Rain you're always welcome here!

Waterlilly hope you're going ok - what kind of cycle are you doing?

Lol@ Hattie's technique for BFP success - now that's a routine I could stick to!

How are you going Pingyrat? Haven't seen you in here for a while

Eloise hope you're feeling ok after your EPU.

Hello to you Peaches, Liltuss and Chloe - hope you're all going well! And hello to anyone I've missed (there are quite a few on this thread!)

What's everyone up to for Easter? I hope you're all doing something you love.

AFM - technically 10DPO today and BFN this morning - I normally have an 11 day LP so not holding out much hope, feeling like Af is coming this morning.  The only thing giving me hope is I had a massive head spin yesterday at work, and another smaller one this morning and shooting pains up my left boob last night, few niggling cramps here and there - but that's about the extent of it. Fully expecting to get AF tomorrow.

I've got my 40th Birthday lunch on Saturday as DP was away for my actual  birthday -so that will be fun - if AF shows I'll have a few reds! We  are going to take the next cycle 'off' (no frozen embies to work with  anyway) and pick up again in May/June. So I'll have a chance to use my kick ass new coffee machine I got from DP with 'real' coffee for a week or so. I'm looking on the bright side. cool.gif

What's everyone up to for Easter?

Em x

#20 EloiseIVF

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I was waiting for the lab to call about my transfer time tomorrow; then the phone rang and I heard my FS's voice on the other end of the line and the bottom just fell out of my world. I had no fertilisations. I had just enough time to walk calmly from my office to my car and get out of the work carpark before I fell to pieces. He said my eggs were very good quality and the sperm was also good, but for some inexplicable reason the sperm could not penetrate the eggs. He said a range of other stuff, but really I'm too upset right now even to be able to type it. He says I can go again when AF comes and that next time he'll do ICSI. I asked why it wasn't done this time if they could see they weren't fertilising. He gave me an answer, but really I don't think I even remember what it was. DH is just shattered and neither of us have any comfort reserves to give the other. We're just both trying to keep our own heads above water. And nobody else knows we're doing IVF - well, nobody but you guys. I see babies everywhere. I saw a woman screaming at a toddler in the supermarket and yanking him along by the arm. I wanted to whack her over the head with a massive bottle of Coke and scream at her to be grateful for the gift she had. I know you've all been here at some point. Some of you multiple times. It doesn't get worse than this, does it? Because this is really stretching me.

Em, I'm so sorry to hear you think AF is coming. I so hope you are wrong, because I don't want anyone else to have to feel this way.

Ellie

#21 Torquoise

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Hi EloiseIVF

I'm so sorry to hear about your sad news. My heart goes out to you and I hope that you and your DH have the fighting strength to get through this difficult time.  

Like you I never told the whole family (besides our Mums) about our IVF journey as my DH and I felt that the less people knew about it the better.  So honestly if you need to vent your frustrations and sadness please do.

I know that when I had a miscarriage 2 years ago (IVF), my DH and I were both distraught and like you I couldn't cope seeing a woman pushing a pram whilst I was driving to work.  It really tore my heart out and I just couldn't cope.   I am better now but obviously I still have my moments.

Thinking of you both and take care of yourselves.

If you would like to PM me please do.

Ciao

Torquoise

#22 spring_rain

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

EloiseIVF, I am sorry to hear your news   bbighug.gif

thanks for the welcome everyone, hope all of you have a good Easter break.

#23 emski72

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

Eloise, so sorry to hear that. Please keep positive, it's so horrible that at any stage in this journey the rug can be ripped out from under you, I understand that. Take all the time you need to feel sad, you have every right to. Re-group, and we're all be here to support you. bbighug.gif Em x

#24 Pingyrat

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Happy Easter girls!

Ellie - I'm so sorry none of your eggs fertilised bbighug.gif On the bright side, some of us have had great success with ICSI of late. You said your egg quality and your DP's sperm were both good so that's great. If the sperm couldn't penetrate the egg, then ICSI will side-step this problem and hopefully, all will be fine.

Em - I'm sorry about your BFN yesterday. I really admire your attitude though....enjoy your birthday lunch and the red wine and coffee. I am a big believer in having a little consolation prize tongue.gif

spring_rain - Welcome! I hope the 6 months yields success for you and that you won't have to become a more regular member of the group. If not, we will be waiting to welcome you back and cheer you on.

waterlilly - Good luck with your new cycle. How are you feeling about getting back on the horse?

Hattie - roll2.gif Love it! Your experience just proves that we don't have to obsess over every little thing we do....thank you!

Chloe - I hope everything is going well for you. I get sick of hearing all the doom and gloom about conceiving over 40. There are loads of stories about women having healthy babies well into their 40's see the 'Has anyone got any positive stories?' thread in the Older Mums and Mums to be forum....very interesting!

Peaches - Bah! Friday the 13th doesn't deserve it's bad rap. I tend to agree with your DH. You'll be just fine grin.gif

Pilar - waves.gif Hope everything is going well for you.

Liltuss - Fantastic news that your scan went well and that you have a little willy!! I hope your back is feeling better.

Turquoise - A belated welcome to you. I remember you from Over 40 and ttc naturally. You were before my time but I did pretty much read every post in the entire history of the thread before I started participating laughing2.gif I do hope your DH changes his mind. For what it's worth, my DP already had three kids when we met and was adamant from the beginning that he didn't want any more but he came around eventually.

Kez - I hope you are ok bbighug.gif

AFM - Had my FET on wednesday so I'm now officially back in looney land. DP agreed to transferring two so I'm happy about that. It's a completely drug free cycle which is also fantastic. I've been cranky for about three weeks now so I'm wondering if all the drugs from the stim cycle affected me a bit more than I realised blink.gif

#25 emski72

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Pingyrat @ 06/04/2012, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been cranky for about three weeks now so I'm wondering if all the drugs from the stim cycle affected me a bit more than I realised blink.gif

I'm ready to kill anyone who crosses me the last few days - I assume it's the Crinone? Still no AF. Still no BFP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.