#1 Forum Moderator

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

All the best for this month ladies!

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 *Harmony*

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

GOLD!

So it was my first night in the TWW last night and I just couldn't sleep - must be a combination of excitement/nerves. Am trying my best not to take notice of all those small twinges/pains you get after transfer - I know it's waaay too early for them to mean anything!

Good luck to everyone coming into the April TWW!

Harmony x

#3 EloiseIVF

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Good luck Harmony. Hoping to be joining you in the April gang from Friday. Love Ellie x

#4 Heath2baBigBrother

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Oooh bronze... I will be joining you girls soon... I am due to have my egg retrieval on Wednesday and just wanted to introduce myself and will be keeping up with everyones progress this month!

Harmony Wishing you all the best and hoping you are this months first success!!
Eloise Good Luck for Friday!! <3 <3

Big hello to everyone else! waves.gif

#5 Mrs Kelly78

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi Girls,

Harmony - hope you're surviving the TWW without going too crazy (yet).

Eloise & Heath - good luck for your transfers

I'm scheduled for my ET on Wed, so will be joining you all then.  We're trying assisted hatching for the first time, so I'm really hoping that makes the difference for us.  Just a little stressed about the possibility of damage to the embryo, though the embryologist assured me that it's not very likely.  We still have 3 blasts in the freezer so I'm hoping desperately that the first is the one that's transferred and the remaining two stay in the freezer for bub no. 2.  Thinking positive here....

#6 *Harmony*

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Ellie, and good luck for Friday! Are you doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer?

Look forward to you coming to join us in the 2WW Heath2b! Let us know how your US and BT go today.

I've heard assisted hatching can produce great results Mrs Kelly. Am keeping everything crossed for you that your first little frostie comes out perfect and that the assisted hatching helps you get your BFP soon!

As for me...well, I'm still just waiting! Am back at work today though so at least the time is moving a lot faster. I had a small amount of brown spotting this morning which I'd say is probably just left over from the EPU last week but of course I'm secretly hoping it's implantation spotting! hehe.

Harmony x

#7 angieB75

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Happy Monday ladies biggrin.gif

I'm a few days into my TWW.  Had insem last Thurs on CD12 which was a couple of days earlier than normal, last couple have been on CD14.

So acupuncture this morning was most relaxing and she said my pulses were feeling really good.

BT for me is next Thurs 12th.

I moved house on the weekend (no heavy lifting though!) so am completely knackered.  Feel like I could sleep for a day but am perservering here at work!

Good luck to all.

angieB xx

#8 Heath2baBigBrother

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hey girls... just wanted to let you know that blood work and US went really well today so triggered tonight and egg retrieval is set for Wednesday morning which means if all goes well I will be joining you all in the 2ww on Easter Monday.... Ooooh hoping we can get some wonderful mature Easter eggs on Wednesday! original.gif

Mrs Kelly Good luck for Wednesday!!! How exciting eexcite.gif

Harmony How are you going!? Keeping yourself busy I hope! original.gif

Angie welcome to the group! I have everything crossed for you!

nighty nighty ladies! Hoping the next 36 hours goes quickly! so ready to find out how many little easter eggs we have!!!

#9 Mrs Kelly78

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Good luck Heath!!!  I'll be thinking of you whilst I'm lying on the table in a most undelicate position.  Fingers crossed it's the start of something amazing for us!

#10 *Harmony*

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Easter eggs! I love it Heath2b roll2.gif So excited for you for tomorrow - keeping everything crossed that you get your lovely mature eggs!

I am trying to keep myself busy to take my mind off all the niggling cramps that I keep feeling. I know it's totally normal, but can't help but think AF is on its way.  *sigh* The 2ww is sooo hard sometime!!

Hope you have a nice relaxing week AngieB - moving house is so exhausting, but what a great way to pass the time in the 2ww by decorating a new house!

Good luck for your ET tomorrow Mrs Kelly!

Harmony x

Edited by *Harmony*, 03 April 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#11 porkchop's mama

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hello ladies

Fingers crossed and baby dust to all.

I'm with Heath2b!  We're cycle buddies and both triggered last night, an hour apart.  Don't ask how I know this.  We're just so in sync  biggrin.gif

I'm doing the Easter Egg thing as well on Wednesday.  So assuming we're good to go 5 days later, embryo transfer will be Easter Monday?  And then I can finally join you all.

PCM xxx

#12 angieB75

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Oh, a busy day tomorrow!  Good luck Heath, PCM & Mrs Kelly - I'll be thinking of you all and FX for lots of little Easter eggs xx

I feel so much better today - I still can't believe how tired I was yesterday after the move.  I had a can of Coke at lunch time (I don't normally drink soft drink) and boy oh boy did it get me up and running - I should have had it for breakfast!!

But today I am feeling back to normal and managed to get out for a walk with my furbaby and DH before work.

So, I know it is far to early for me to be reading into any EPS but.... my temps are the highest they have ever been!  I generally have very low BBT but I'm flying high at the moment.  FX they keep this way.

My acupuncturist said yesterday that my pulses were really good and felt like they were really working hard at something.  As she said, she's not saying this is the month but she did reassure me that my body is working bloody hard to make it happen biggrin.gif

OK, so now to focus on work and not daydream about being UTD and what my due date would be - argh!

Have a great day ladies.

angieB xx

#13 *Harmony*

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Hi Ladies

PCM and Health2b - Thinking of you both today - look forward to hearing about all the lovely mature eggs they pick up!

Mrs Kelly hope you have a beautiful emby transferred today - sending you loads of sticky vibes!!

Ooooh, Angie - sounds like your acupuncturist is onto something!! After I read your post I asked my Chinese therapist last night when he checked my pulse and he said it was pretty fast too! I hope it's a positive sign. Hope those temps stay nice and high for you!

Hi to everyone else!!

Harmony x

Ps - edited to fix my iPad 'correcting' my spelling!

Edited by *Harmony*, 04 April 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#14 Mrs Kelly78

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Morning ladies!

Not long till the Easter long weekend now!!  I'm off down to Margaret River with DH for the four days, which I'm SO looking forward to - we're staying in a little self contained cottage on a property and have lunch booked at wineries on Sat & Sunday.  Can't wait!!  

Actually, what do you girls think about having a glass of wine during the TWW?  My DH (who's a doctor) thinks that one or two glasses of wine won't matter in the slightest but it's so hard to know - there's definitely an argument for it to help you relax etc but on the other hand there is the whole 'the body is a temple' yada yada.  I know we shouldn't compare ourself to fertiles, but my sister was a complete p*sshead when she conceived her first & probably again by the time she was trying for number 2 - and she had no problems conceiving!  

Anyway,

Heath - I happened to see your post over in RSGG (I must confess to lurking occasionally) and I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such a rough time after your collection!  I had 16 eggs collected last time and was in quite a bit of pain for about a week after (bloating & constipation) but nothing like you've experienced!  I really hope you get wonderful news today on the fert rate and that everything settles down for you soon.

PCM - Wonderful to hear that you got a few surprise Easter eggs!  Any news yet from the clinic?

Angie - I totally hear you about the daydreaming and thinking about your EDD.  I've searched for my (hopefully) EDD and it's 23rd December!!  A baby for Xmas would simply be the best present ever!  Good luck with the high temps and your pulse - I don't bother with temping at the moment as I'm on progesterone pessaries 3 x daily, which will artificially keep my temps high.

How are you going Harmony? You must be around half way through now are you?  Any plans for the Easter break?

Well, I'm officially 1pd5dt.  All went well yesterday - the first emby defrosted 100% (which I took to mean no cell damage?) and they performed assisted hatching.  I've been extremely lucky with the timing this time around as I don't work Thursdays, which meant that I have 5 days after transfer to lie around doing bugger all (3 days of which will be in relative luxury down south!!).  Come on little bean!!!  Stick!!!  

I probably won't get to post again until Monday but I hope that you all have a wonderfully relaxing Easter!

#15 Mrs Kelly78

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

One more thing - my test date is Tue 17th April.  Might go start a countdown timer on my phone.

Harmony & Angie - when are your test dates again?

#16 porkchop's mama

Posted 05 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

MrsKelly78 - fingers and toes crossed for your test date!

AFM

Clinic rang this morning.  6 eggs in total and 3 have fertilized.  We are hoping for transfer on Monday!  The perfect Easter gift.

PCM xxx

#17 *Harmony*

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

Mrs Kelly - so excited for you that your first emby defrosted perfectly and that the transfer went well. Sending lots of sticky vibes your way! A weekend in Margaret River sounds like the most perfect way to start your 2ww (sooo jealous!!). I'm not sure about whether it's ok to have a wine sorry - my FS advises against it so I stop drinking from just before meds start. I'm sure it wouldn't affect the embryo one bit, and so long as your not going to feel bad afterwards, do what you feel comfortable with.

PCM - Yay for your 3 fertilised embies, and hope you get more wonderful news tomorrow!

Hope everything's going well for all others in the waiting game!

AFM, my BT is scheduled for next Wednesday - 11th April. Feels like forever away still! I am not sure whether to POAS before hand... What do you ladies think?? Will you? I just don't want to get disappointed! I'm 5dp5dt today and am just praying for those preg symptoms to start showing themselves soon!!

Harmony x

#18 porkchop's mama

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

*Harmony* - fingers crossed I get so far as the 2WW but no, I won't be POAS...

I'm on hcg shots until the proper blood test and that's going to muck things up.  I've just had to  many ups and downs based on POAS results, I'm not going down that track again.

PCM xxx

#19 PeterAlexandra

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hello,

I'm hoping I'm in the right place!

My name is Ally, I'm 25 and TTC for nearly a year. I was diagnosed with PCOS and have just undertaken my first Clomid cycle. It's gone ridiculously fast, and I "seemed to have ovulated" and am now in my TWW - waiting to test on Friday 13th ... hopefully it's a lucky day, not an unlucky one!

All the best to everyone else! original.gif

#20 *Harmony*

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Welcome Ally! Hoping Friday IS your lucky day and you get your BFP original.gif

AFM - Still zero preg symptoms and feel like AF is coming along sad.gif so we're preparing ourselves for a negative outcome and will probably start a new cycle in a couple of months, as we got no frosties this time around. Trying to stay positive - it's been nearly 7 years since we started TTC so surely it has to be our turn soon!!

#21 porkchop's mama

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

*Harmony* - I'm sending positive vibes and baby dust  bbighug.gif

Ally - here's to a luck Friday 13th for you.

AFM
Well.  We had our 5 day embryo transfer this morning and now all that remains is to wait.  FS and embyrologist were both very happy with how our emby was looking given my age and history.  It's a numbers game and we've a 50/50 chance with this little one.

We have 2 other embryos that are looking great and we hope that both will freeze.

I am testing April 20.

Hope everyone is well.

PCM xxx

#22 angieB75

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hi all biggrin.gif

Hope everyone had a great break over Easter.  I had a lovely trip Down South to Dunsborough where I did absolutely nothing except eat a lot, sleep, paint my nails etc!  So different to the last few weekends of complete madness with houses.

Harmony - fx your symptoms are just EPS - they can be quite similar.  Good luck for BT tomorrow.

Mrs Kelly - I see you are a WA girl too!  Hope you had a great time in Margaret River -such a beautiful region.  Hope the TWW is going ok - you're half way through now - yah!!

PCM - congrats on the transfer and having some great embies to freeze.

Welcome to the newbies!

AFM - well temps have remained high over the weekend but I don't know how accurate they are as I haven't been testing at my usual 6:30am.  Even with the adjustments they are looking high.  I did have a slight dip this morning but it wasn't really a significant one.  Absolutely no EPS though sad.gif .  I saw my acupuncturist this morning and she made an interesting comment as she was taking the needles out; said that my pulses were unusual but she didn't elaborate.  Said to wait and see at the next appt. Apparently there is a distinct 'pregnant pulse' - I think it is slightly faster and stronger as the body is puming more blood around.  She didn't say that's what I had but did say it was stronger than usual (DH thinks it's just coz we BD'd this morning biggrin.gif ).

So I've got two more sleeps until my BD on Thursday.  I did actually do a HPT yesterday which was a BFN but maybe it was just too early.  I'm not convinced that I'm UTD, I just don't feel PG.  But it ain't over until the final BT.

On another note, we have made the decision to move to IVF if this cycle ends with a BFN.  We had the coordination appt at the clinic yesterday which was informative and confronting at the same time.  I really do love the staff there - so friendly, informative and compassionsate.  However, I think reality kicked in that we are now up to our last option.  I had a big cry and couldn't really explain to DH why I was crying.  He kept reminding me that we should be excited that we've got this opportunity.  So I got all my orders but said I didn't want to pick up meds until this cycle was officially over.  Gosh, there is so much to take in and I have to admit that I'm a little scared of how I will go on the meds.  I'm already emotional and moody, I hate to think what I'll be like once I start this process.

Anyway, lets cross this bridge when we get to it.

Thinking of you all and sending lots of baby dust.

angieB xx

#23 *Harmony*

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all keeping sane during your 2WW! (AngieB - still crossing my fingers that your BT on Thursday suprises you with a nice BFP!).

Just a quick update from me that AF arrived last night so it's all over for us this cycle sad.gif With no frosties, we're back to sqaure one and will probably take a few months off then start again in July.

Sending you all loads of sticky vibes and will be popping back in to see all those BFP's coming from the April 2ww group!

Harmony x

#24 Mrs Kelly78

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

Oh Harmony, I'm so sorry that you didn't even make it to test day.  That really sucks!  Enjoy having a break from all this and will just hope that the next cycle is the one for you (and that you get a good batch to freeze for bub no. 2!)

Angie - Yep, another WA girl.  There seems to be quite a few of us on here though I've never actually met anyone from my clinic (pivet) who's a member.  We had a lovely relaxing w/e down south with yummy lunches at Leeuwin & Knee Deep wineries.  Unfort DH had (and still has) an man-cold, which limited things somewhat.  It's good to hear that you have a plan for what comes next, but there's still every chance you won't need it!  Having said that, on all my BFN cycles, the main thing that pulled me through was having a plan for where to next.  At least it makes you feel like you're being as pro-active as is possible.  Are you planning to test again?

PCM - how are you surviving the TWW?  

Has anyone heard any word from Heath?  I presume she ended up with a freeze-all cycle, otherwise I expect she'd be back in here with us trying to survive the TWW

Hi Ally - Sorry for the late welcome.  Not too long now till test date - fingers crossed you get lucky first time around.

AFM, I had mid-luteal bloods taken Monday afternoon (5dp5dt; should have been on Saturday but was down south & the nurse was okay with me having them 2 days later).  Anyway, I get a call from the clinic today and they tell me that my progesterone is really low and that they are increasing my pessaries from 3 a day to 5 A DAY!!! 3 x P4 and 2 x E2P5.  At around $4 per pessary, this is really adding up - and if we're successful then I will have to continue on that level up to 12 weeks!!!  My only worry really though is whether my P4 was too low for too long and if that might have affected my chances.  The nurse didn't mention anything about it, but then I'm sure she wouldn't have anyway - all I can really do is load myself up with pessaries and hope that AF doesn't arrive early (I've never had AF arrive before a final BT, even though they've all been negative).  My blood test is Tuesday 17th and I'm thinking I'll probably test over the w/e...

Anyway, happy short week everyone.

#25 porkchop's mama

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

MrsKelly78 - my blood test is a few days after yours...  I'm too nervous to test on my own.

I'm surviving the 2ww, early days yet though. Technically, the next few days will be implantation for our embryo.  It's quite freaky knowing so much about what's happening in real time with our potential bubs, isn't it?

The lab just called and our other 2 embies are good to freeze!!!

PCM xxx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

Tales from the homefront

When you're at work you sort of assume that your house is basically just sitting there quietly doing nothing until you return. However, since spending my days at home, I've learned this couldn't be further from the truth.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Top 5 Articles

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Baby survives five days alone

He lay with his mother for up to five days after she died of a suspected drug overdose - and survived.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.