August 2010 Parent Group #26

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#151 Aminila

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

I still check, just don't have much to say original.gif

DS1 is in Kindy for 2.5 days a week (in WA kindy is the year before pre primary) and he's loving it

DD tt'd herself at the start of the year. I wasn't expecting it lol. One day she chucked a tanty about not wanting a nappy on, so i let her go bare bum, after a couple of hours she comes up to me and said she needed to go to the toilet, so i took her, and she did wees in the toilet, a couple of hours later same thing again. She's had barely any accidents, even DS2 arriving didn't set her back original.gif A couple of weeks after she day trained we went without for nights and i think she's wet the bed maybe twice in the last 4-5 months. DS1 was so much harder to tt.

DS2 is growing well, he has reflux though, so it hasn't been an easy time, but the smiles and coos make the hard times dealable.

We just had a long weekend here in WA and we took the kids camping and fourwheel driving. Had a bit of a mummy and daddy fail though, DS2's suitcase was left at home, thankfully his blankets and nappies were not in there, so went into the car and there was a couple of changes of clothes in the nappy bag so we managed ok. The kids had fun though which is the main thing.

STML i hope F's ankle gets better quickly and properly

M4SS I hope the teeth aren't too bad to fix

#152 TotesFeral

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Hi everyone!

We are all well over here.

DD TT'd shortly after DS was born. About a month later she also night trained, wasn't expecting that but it's nice to only have one in nappies.
She is going really well. Has a bit of an attitude but I guess she just takes after me  tongue.gif Talks non stop unless she is around other people and then she goes a bit shy for a while.

DS is 7 months! Holy crap where did that time go. He is my big chubba boy and absolutely adores his big sister. Seriously she can do the smallest thing and it has him in a giggling fit.

STML where are you off on holiday? We are taking the kids on holiday end of July/early August. Visiting BIL & SIL on central coast, then to Sydney for 2 nights to visit family/friends, then to Bega to stay with my Aunty & Uncle for a couple of nights on their dairy farm, then we are off to Melbourne for 5 nights and then Canberra for 3 nights and home! A massive driving trip!!! We have lots planned so hopefully it's going to be an awesome trip.
Hope F's fracture heals soon

M4SS how are your DDs teeth?

Oh I also started Uni last week! Studying Bachelor of Teaching for Primary School.
So far so good. Although with work, 2 kids and study it's a lot of juggling.

#153 heidles82

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

Hi all!

Great to get an email saying there has been some action in this group original.gif

M4SS - hope DD's teeth are ok (and so is your wallet).

STML - Hope F's ankle is on the road to recovery and you can enjoy your holiday!

K+M+A+P - your holiday sounds great!

AFUs - We just got back from a holiday to the Sunshine Coast which was great. We took our time driving there (staying overnight in Ballina on the way up and then Armidale on the way home) because boy does it take longer to drive anywhere with kiddies (especially Jackson who doesn't need to go to the toilet until about 10 minutes after we have just stopped for a break). My grandparents live up there, and it was great to introduce them to Miss B when we visited them one afternoon.

Miss B starts daycare this week! Just on Thursdays, and while I am looking forward to a day on my own for a while (I am not going back to work until the end of September), I am a little worried as she is going through some separation anxiety (even when I leave her with DH), and she will only reluctantly take a bottle (and only one particular bottle at that). But we have a few months to work out any kinks.

In other news, DH and I just put a deposit down on a block of land, so we will be building again sometime after Christmas. I swore I wouldn't build again, but I am now looking forward to it! FX it will be as straight forward as our last build (5 years ago).

#154 TotesFeral

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

How exciting Heidles! Hope the building goes well.
Good luck with B commencing daycare. Patrick has been in since Feb now as I went back to work then. So far so good we have had no issues. He's a pretty relaxed baby though and doesn't really care who has him.
Are you expressing for her or giving formula in the bottle? Hopefully she takes to it okay if she realises that's all she's going to be getting. How is she on solids?

#155 Skip to my Lou

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hello all, this new format is a little weird!
Our holiday went up through east gippsland to the border, then to the ACT, Dubbo, Parkes etc then up to Moree where we stayed with a friend on a cotton farm, then across to Coffs Harbour and down the coast. It was lovely. The girls were brilliant. Although Freya got her cast off the day before we left she couldn't really walk very well at all. She still has a small limp now. She didn't have any pain just had 'forgotten' how to walk. Apparently its quite normal for kids her age but did get a little frustrating! We had to skip quite a few things we normally would have done due to her walking difficulties. I found a physio in Canberra and got some exercises for her, and she is still visiting one every few weeks locally.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this mild winter :D

#156 lexington

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm here I'm here I am checking in.

We have toilet trained!! Uneventful.. Same as D just decided that he wanted to stop wearing nappies. No extra action. Phew I'm done ladies!

I'm going great personally and other than that. I don't have much to report. But it's good that I have nothing right? :)

#157 ShopgirlX

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

Hey girls! Great to hear from some of you! I am often around but have been really slack about posting!

So HIIIII and I hope you are all doing great!

My BABY boy is 10 months old and my little E just had her 3rd birthday on Saturday *sniff* !  Where has it gone! I can't believe the baby is 1 in two months! OMG! :o

E TT'd in May thanks to DH. They have a great relationship and just 'get' each other and he worked it all out with her. I was getting too stressed and frustrated, I think my blood pressure was through the roof! We did it over a weekend and he even took the Monday off work to make sure we had everything down, bless him. :)  Her first poo in the toilet was on my birthday :D Great present!

KMA when are you going to be in Melbourne? I was just thinking it must be time for us to try and get together again and then read your post about being here! It would be ace if we could throw a group together for a catch-up!

I'm jealous of all your holidays! We aren't planning one for another 12 months so I'm going to be building up to that for a while! Need to decide where - will more than likely be QLD, just need to decide which part :D

Not much other news from us I guess. I don't have any plans to return to work. Am thinking about doing some study but I hover between returning to work in the next 12 months, and not returning for another 3 years. Can't make up my mind.  I love love LOVE being home with these kids though and I'm just so grateful for this time with them.

Hope to start hearing from you all again!

:waves:

#158 heidles82

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Hello! Looks like there has been a flurry of activity the last few days :lol:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks its surreal that our "babies" are now (or almost) 3! Next thing they will be starting school, then teenagers, then moving out!!!

#159 My4Sunshines

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:31 AM

ooo yeah this new format takes some getting used to

SG I too am quite slack with posting, sometimes there isn't really anything to tell or I get distracted then when I have time there is so much to tell I don't know where to start!

Heidles take your babies in every moment you can, my 'baby' (I'm talking about dd1 as being our first she broke us in!!) turned 13 this year and went to secondary school and is going through 'changes' and I distinctly remember saying to dh shortly after she was born "It will be AGES before she goes to school" Yuh huh :doh:

Skip I hope F is continuing to improve, she must be relieved to get that cast off.

Oh all these clever little TTers, I'm jealous!
Now that Taj has turned 3 I feel the need to get things going though he is taking longer to do things than the girls at the same age so I'm not busting too much at the moment plus this cold weather is not the right time, oh and also the fact he is really not interested makes a big difference.

DD3's teeth were fixed for now, at our recent check up the dentist said she will fix them properly when she's older, not sure what else she will do though!

DD3 got that horrible cold virus with temperatures around 39d, so she's been home since Friday, she's much better today just needs to build herself up again.
Taj's birthday on Saturday he and dh started with something then both of them were full of it on Sunday. I barely saw dh for 2 days, he was laid up in bed alseep and couldn't move. We called the Home Visiting Dr yesterday and by 10.30 last night still no Dr so we cancelled it and dh managed to drag himself to our Dr this morning to be told he has the flu and has all this week off work!!
Taj is ok now just a slight temp but he's still running around!
So we have 3 down and 3 still standing, though my back has been dodgy Sunday and today.
I've told dd1 & 2 to drink like nothing, I don't care how many times they have to go to the toilet it's better than having this horrid thing.

I too can't believe all our August (& July) babies are having 3rd birthdays, and all those younger siblings are nearing 1.
Children sure do make time fly.

Edited by My4Sunshines, 06 August 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#160 whydoibother

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:02 PM

:smile:

#161 lexington

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Oh hey there whydoibother!
How's things with you??

Yeappp can't wait till they go to school. Hurry up kids!

#162 Skip to my Lou

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

LOL @ ling. Starting school is great but it brings on a whole heap of different problems!

M4SS hope your tribe are all recovered.

Why do I bother - great to see you again!

Shopgirl - can't believe your baby is almost 1!!!

Happy birthday to everyone too! P's party went well, she had a ball so that's great. For her actual birthday I had to work so she went into care which made me feel very guilty. She's also not wanting to go there anymore lately -although she loves it once she is there - it makes working so much harder when she is not enthusiastic about care. She decided she didn't want to attend playgroup suddenly about a month ago, so I now take her to gymnastics at the same time we used to do PG, and just last week she I finally gave in and she started ballet as well. Yep guilty mother syndrome is kicking in. She is loving both of them, and I am using them as bribery for childcare....forget about being a great mum, I'm just trying to get through the week.

I still have a job at the moment. A lot of you may not have heard that our uni is combining with University of Ballarat to form a new regional uni next year. There is so much yet to be finalised, and even though job cuts are not supposed to be occurring, no one feels secure. Being casual, of course I have no guarantee at all. I have recently had a renewal and am happy that I get work until mid november at least, after that who knows. The change is set for Jan 1st 2014. I am hoping I get to stick around to help implement everything, and not just to save me looking for a new job, but also because I think it will be pretty interesting. I'm working open day tomorrow which should be fun.

Heidles have you picked your house plan yet? show show!!
I can't believe we have been in almost a year now. We have done so much, but there is still so much yet to do. Sometimes I wish we had just built on a normal sized block. Landscaping would be done by now then!

Take care all x

#163 My4Sunshines

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostSkip to my Lou, on 24 August 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

LOL @ ling. Starting school is great but it brings on a whole heap of different problems!

M4SS hope your tribe are all recovered.

Yeah like sleep overs, reading, homework, friend issues, uniforms to name a few Posted Image

Thanks Lou, all good now though dd1 started with a low fever last thursday but went to school friday, thought I would get a call but didn't so she rested all that weekend and she had the monday off which helped. dd1 & 3 just have the occasional annoying cough which won't go :dry:

I hope you can stay at your work to see this change through, I would think they will need the help in 2014!
Dh said there was a number of people who worked between the 2 campuses and wanted to be transfered to the one near us however because they were mainly working from 'your one' they were not allowed.
Dh maybe offered work at the one near us next year, but we'll see, dh will take it if the offer is there as he wants to at least give it a go however it means abig drop in money for us, so he may need to get another job.

I have thought about working but have no idea what to do, I have no formal qualifications and to be honest not having worked for so long I feel very anxios about working again, sometimes I feel positive other times I feel like it's to much trying to co-ordinate everyone. Also putting Taj into care scares the bejangles out of me with his allergies and riddles me to the core with guilt of leaving him. Pretty messed up!

Your house looks great btw and once those plants/trees grow it will be fantastic, well done!

:waves: to everyone, great to see some regular-ish posts again

#164 heidles82

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hi ladies!

Just a quick post to check in and say hi as it is late and I should be asleep (although I know Miss B will wake up as soon as I finally get to sleep)!

I'll be back later to post a better update :-)

#165 My4Sunshines

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:29 AM

Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month, can't do it back!!! Posted Image

#166 whydoibother

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

hit and a kick for being so quick ;)

All good here Sam is a handful typical boy always into everything!

I don't come on EB much any more so just hope everyone I don't see on Facebook is well :)
:waves:

#167 lexington

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:44 AM

Hey punches.
Pickles regressed with TT any advice here?
What do i dooooo??

#168 My4Sunshines

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

View Postlexington, on 09 October 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hey punches.
Pickles regressed with TT any advice here?
What do i dooooo??
Pssshhh, Taj is no where near interested yet! When will it happen?????

Going by my girls though, where there were setbacks they didn't last long and soon things were back on track, just go back to the basic training steps - reminding him to go to the toilet to do 1's & 2's and emphasizing the good bits. One mchn told me to get dd to help clean up the messes and not make a big fuss about it, just tell her to wipe it up!!

Anyway you are well onto the road I wish we were on, sick of changing nappies :angry:  c'mon warmer weather!!!!

good luck

#169 lexington

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

^^ OMG sometimes he's good sometimes he's just blah.
He will have wet pants by the time he says he wants to go.
But when he goes out he is generally better. I'm not sure if it is because he wants to hold on as he didn't want to miss an activity.

BTW i swapped their childcare centres. And i swear this place appears to be some sort of unicorn daycare. It's amazing!!!

#170 lexington

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Wow another year had passed.

How is everyone?
You can still stalk on me on my blog sixinchheel dot com btw.

Pickles talks much better now. I used to worry that he would need speech therapy. But I think it is because D talks for him and he doesn't need to.
What else? Oh he flat out refuse night nappy pants and we had to night TT him!

#171 whydoibother

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

Heya
Sam is slowly TT I really think boys are just lazy he knows what to do though.

#172 Skip to my Lou

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

I wish P would night train I want nappies gone once and for all!! She has had the odd dry night so I tried a reward chart with her choice of prize after a week in a row of dry - she chose one of those curly round lollipops would you believe! so cute - but she still hasn't gotten there yet so it's sitting in my pantry getting stickier by the day......

P has gone very clingy the last few months, and scared of everything. She now needs a night light (but only sometimes!!) she quite ballet as although she loved dancing she wanted to hold my hand the whole time, it's been quite exhausting. She cries when I leave her at childcare - but is fine within 5 minutes of me going. She actually scream sobs as I walk out the door - picture children being torn away from their parents in all the old war films, that's how chilling her screams are. I won't lie, it got very stressful and I ended up in tears most mornings in the carpark. This eased the last 2 weeks of care last year, but as they closed before christmas and only re open next week I am a bit nervous about taking her again on Monday.

Work wise- my contract got extended to the end of 2013, and despite attempts to renew me, approval would not be granted by UB. I finished up the Thursday before christmas, quite looking forward to having January off and not having to chase up childcare over the holidays. 45 minutes before I left work for the last time, a job offer came through from a different department - to start feb! Perfect!!! It's only an 8 week contract this time, but hey that's 8 more weeks. There was finally a more permanent position advertised which I was allowed to apply for and I have an interview next week! Keep your fingers crossed for me this one is a 2 year contract. I have had to keep P in care even whilst I am off so I don't lose her place.

Anyway I've rattled on long enough. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Our little ones were at the best age for Christmas this year. Every single present that P unwrapped elicited an 'ooohhhhh' I swear it still would have happened  had she unwrapped a bag of onions!

xx
ps my cuppa is going cold so forgive me for not bothering with spellcheck!

#173 heidles82

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Urgh Jackson has regressed with night tt as well :( He will go a couple of nights dry with nappy pants, but then the night he is in undies he wets - so frustrating but hopefully he will get it soon.

I had a mixed Christmas - a lovely day with morning with my little family followed by lunch at a beautiful restaurant with my in-laws and extened family. My parents went to Melbourne to celebrate with my mums family, with my grandparents flying down from QLD as my Pop has lung cancer and will most likely not be with us much longer :( Unfortunately my Nan had a fall the Saturday before Christmas and has been in hospital since - drs have since discovered kidney issues and an aortic aneurysm :( but hopefully Nan will be out next week and mum and dad can come home - they will bring my grandparents with them to stay temporarily as it will be very difficult for my nan to look after my pop at the moment.

On a much more happy and positive note, I started a new job this week - full time after 3 1/2 years of mat leave and/or part time - so a bit daunting! But so far I am really enjoying it.

Congrats on the new role STML and good luck with the interview!

#174 Skip to my Lou

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hey Heidles congratulations on your job - how is it going? I can't imagine working FT again with young kids, I find 3 days a week is exhausting enough with all the running around!!

I didn't get the job. They couldn't fault my app or interview but gave it to the girl who had been doing the job the last few months. Oh well hopefully something else will pop up soon.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Warnings over child pain relief doses

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has warned parents and carers over a "confusing" pain relief dosage system.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.