#2 My4Sunshines

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

GOLD!!!!!!

#3 Skip to my Lou

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:34 PM

SILVER biggrin.gif

#4 Skip to my Lou

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hmmm how long till everyone else comes back? Sure getting quiet in here  sad.gif

ETA - Been a very busy week here. Madly cleaning house, getting carpets done as the professional photographer came and the house is now officially for sale. Also ran a garage sale today. It sucked. I put it in the local paper, and didn't even sell enough to cover the cost  cry1.gif cry1.gif   I was really hoping I could bring some cash into the household quite disappointed. People just didn't come, and we aren't located on a thoroughfare so just got missed it seems. Have packed up majority for the op shop but will be listing a select few on ebay where hopefully I will have more luck. Am quite worried about our house selling so am saying 'our house will sell quickly' at least 3 times a day to hopefully create some positive vibes.
Meanwhile at the block they have started framing works and we now have power. On Monday there should be some walls up!!
Paigey is doing well, got her 14th tooth. Am giving up on the cloth nappies as her bladder control is improving but when she does let go it's too much too quick for the cloth to absorb. I'm really very sad that I have to abandon cloth, but have to say it's been nice the past 3 days not worrying so much about more frequent changes, and washing/putting together nappies!

Edited by Skip to my Lou, 31 March 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#5 lexington

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Positive vibes with house selling to STML and Mel with her Uk apartment.

I'm just boring ladies. I'm so sorry. Took on a new role (50% of my time) and I am really not liking it so far. It's making me sad cat. sad.gif For the first time in a long time I had the Sunday night Wahhhhssss.. So sad. Anyway I will get over myself and get on with it, it has been a while since I felt like people around the world were throwing me instructions about things that I have no idea about.

Anywayz... Pickles is now walking. I saw him walking/running out of the room instead of doing his normal bear crawl. OH THANK GOODNESS!!! Daycare said that he is much better now and does not throw tantrums since he came back from Singapore. This coincides with him walking. They said that they had the music guy come in yesterday and he was dancing and running right up to the front and singing. He does this fist pump thing as dancing. It's fricking hilarious.. lol.

What's up with everyone else? How's M4SS, Roughdiamond (sorry C you'll always be roughdiamond to me) how's your medical tests and everything??

#6 lexington

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:12 AM

STML i found garage sales a waste of time in general. People rock up and demand things marked at $10 for $1. That's my experience. Have you looked at Laverton markets or that kind of second hand markets? I found that those places things will go.. Also look at Gumtree as well.

I had someone near your area asking me about my Bumbo when I advertised.

#7 ShopgirlX

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

Oops good work... double post!

Edited by shopgirl76, 05 April 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#8 ShopgirlX

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Lou, my grandma offloads all kinds of crazy crap at second hand markets down around your way... I wonder if that's any use to you?  Though I am sure you would have to pay to sell in the first place so may not break even... I get defeated when I think of all the stuff I could sell too, because I just think it wouldn't be worth the effort.  Oh, and try Gumtree instead of eBay as I'm so OVER eBay robbing you so blind on selling fees it's hardly worth bothering!!

LOL rant over!

We are good... sorry I've been very MIA... we are getting closer to moving day, probably less than 3 weeks now, but the new place currently has NO carpet, NO kitchen and NO curtains/blinds (and I have already accepted we are going to have to move in without these sad.gif  ) Thank goodness almost every window has a canvas awning, and that it's not the height of summer!  Kitchen is about 2 weeks away and carpets are apparently going in over the long weekend - yippee!!

On the plus side, it's painted, we LOVE the colour, the old carpets and kitchen have been ripped out, and we are now in the process of cleaning so we can start moving little things across ... AND we rented out our current place so looking good for me not to have to go back to work before the baby arrives  ddance.gif   I've still gotta get the novelty toilet seat out of the downstairs bathroom  blink.gif and remove the disabled access rails  laugh.gif  .  Ooh ooh, and we're getting a window splashback, so there will be a wide but short window behind the cooktop which should look AMAZING!!  The kitchen desperately needed more light so fingers crossed this makes a huge difference... and I can then have NATURE as my splashback  tthumbs.gif

All tests and scans were great with new bubba... poor thing, I barely have time to acknowledge him/her some days - better start kicking to remind me, hehe... and in 5 weeks we can find out what we're having so that should help with the bonding/connection somewhat.  I am rrrreeeaaalllyy anxious to know  mellow.gif

Sorry that's a big mememe update but now you don't have to wonder why I haven't been around ! Tounge1.gif

Happy Easter to everyone!! xx

#9 lexington

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

^^ Your post about the novelty toilet seat is WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!
Please be posting a pic cos I want to cry with laughter. ROFL.

#10 heidles82

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:45 AM

waves.gif  waves.gif waves.gif  

I was wondering why I wasn't getting any email notifications of posts then thought I'd check and the previous thread was closed ddoh.gif

All going well here. Daylight savings ending has meant I am not getting any sleep ins as Mr J is waking at 6 most mornings  cry1.gif

I have my 12 week scan next Friday - can't wait to see the bubba who has been giving me a lot of grief in the afternoon! Still feeling  sick.gif most afternoons and evenings (starts around 3pm and lasts until bedtime). It hasn't been as bad this week so fingers crossed it will go away completely soon!

Oh and we have booked a holiday to Fiji in July  ddance.gif , so I really hope the morning (afternoon) sickness is well and truly gone by then!

#11 My4Sunshines

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hoppy Easter everyone!

#12 whydoibother

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I'm still here original.gif
Just been busy with Noah etc.  His sight is worse than we thought in the better eye and he has a limited field of vision as well.

Samuel is good he is a terror and gets into all kinds of mischief!

#13 heidles82

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hello!

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter. I don't think Jackson needs any more choclate until next Easter biggrin.gif

Had my 12 week scan yesterday and all is well  eexcite.gif Bub is measuring 13 weeks - which puts the dates back to what I first thought wwhistle.gif

I'd add a pic but haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet and am just about to head out for a friends birthday dinner.

Hope everyone is well and all the kiddies are being good LOL Mine is currently at the study door screaming his head off  dry.gif

#14 Skip to my Lou

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

C'mon Heidles where's that pic???

All going Ok here, very busy busy. P has entered the clingy stage. Grrr. drop offs at childcare had been fine now she starts crying as we get to the door and won't let go. Hate that. She doesn't cry for long after I go (I stand beside the door listening) but it still kills me. Her cry is  just such a sad sounding one. She is always hanging around me at home now too  - and wanting lots of quick cuddles. Can't wait until this stage ends, lasted a while with F so hope P gets over it quicker. I can't even check the mail without her carrying on. She sounds like some Italian in a bad movie 'MA-Maaaaaaa, Maaa-Maaaaaaa' like her life is ending.

Otherwise all good, she seems to eternally be snotty, and has worked out how to climb out of her cot - took her longer cos her legs are little hahaha. Now that we are using disposable nappies I am doing a lot of 'toilet' talk hoping to spark some interest but think it is still ages away.

Hope you are all great xx

#15 My4Sunshines

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi y'all!!

Been busy lately and sometimes just cb* at the end of the day iykwim wink.gif

skip How is you build house going? Guess I could just look on your blog to find that out hey rolleyes.gif ?
Is your other house on the market yet? I may ph34r.gif to see if I can find it happy.gif

Lex is that Essy you are talking about with the UK apartment? Not being on fb I really don't know that many 'real' names!
How is your Grandmother going?

Heidles I hope your ms eases soon, sure don't miss that. Do you have a cute bump yet? Glad your scan went well.

SG you too, how's the bump? I'd like to see pics of these bumps please biggrin.gif I like to look at them (not in a weird creepy way) and feel relieved it's not me tongue.gif
Have you moved yet or are you right in the middle of it as we speak?

KMA How is your bump going? How was your cruise?

Anyone know how Millie is going with her bundle?

IAC Sorry to hear about Noah, how is he coping with it? Did he always have poor vision or did it just deteriorate?
Hope you are well yourself

AFU DD1 turned 12 at the start of March ohmy.gif still cannot belie I am a mum to an almost teenager, totally spins me out sometimes

We've had sickies here in the last several weeks, very ugly so I'll stop there.

DD3 is loving school and yesterday all 3 walked home together by themselves from school. DD2 gets dd3 from her classroom and they all meet up at the office, so it's good to know that they can do it now.
DD1 & 2 started riding their bikes to school the only issue I have with that is after school dd3 would be walking so a bit of a catch 22 there.

Taj is going great, doing all the mischievous boy stuff we are not used to happy.gif , he's a climber and his latest conquer it the dining table ohmy.gif  glare.gif and our bed, we just cannot take our eyes off him now. He also reaches up on the kitchen bench and grabs anything so we really need to be careful with his allergies.
We walk to school most mornings and I let him walk home (just under 1km) to get rid of some energy so he'll sleep longer he does so well and stops to wave at cars, buses and trucks saying "See ya!" as they go by laughing2.gif though he does not like holding my hand when we cross the roads, tough titties kiddo!

I had my mirena removed on March 7th and I feel much much much much better, though now it means dh and I have to be very careful. We have agreed dh will get a vasectomy (well I think dh agrees, he says he will ring and talk to a urologist we have the name of). He wants to be asleep when it happens which I understand.
The only down side now is I haven't had a period since the removal 43 days ago! I have horrible pains in my back (for more than 2 weeks now!) and feel like its imminent though nothing. Actually I just spoke to my gynae as I was tying and she asked the obvious question and I said no (dh bought a test yesterday though we both knew it would be negative we just had to rule it out ans any professional would ask the question) anyway she said to keep an eye in things for 3-4 months and if af still hasn't arrived to go and see her.

Next Friday I have a renal u/s to check on the lump in my left kidney and I see the urologist in May. So a bit going on, as usual rolleyes.gif  rolleyes.gif

Hope everyone is well and just busy with everyday life.

#16 Skip to my Lou

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

M4SS - Build is going great - roof trusses up and all now, I am really happy with how it is looking so far - so scary when it's our own design, relieving to see it looking ok. There are some recent pics on the blog, and I plan to update the blog again tonight.
My house is on the market - will email you the link.
Goodluck with all your tests and things coming up you poor thing xx

I'll answer another questions you asked too - It is Essy who is selling her UK apartment

Frenchgirl has left Paris on her way back to Aus, and KK is moving back in approx 6 weeks too.

#17 lexington

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Yah it's Essy (Mel)...

Fingers crossed for everyone.

#18 whydoibother

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

ph34r.gif

#19 Skip to my Lou

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

waves.gif

#20 whydoibother

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

wwhistle.gif

#21 My4Sunshines

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

ddoh.gif

laughing2.gif

#22 My4Sunshines

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

mad.gif Hate housework mad.gif

I don't want to do it cry1.gif Don't make me do it cry1.gif

If everyone just looked up you won't see the floors, problem solved hands.gif

#23 Skip to my Lou

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

laughing2.gif I can laugh cos I've just finished mine  tongue.gif

#24 My4Sunshines

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Floors are done dry.gif

Snotty boy wanting my attention
waves.gif

#25 ShopgirlX

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:52 PM

Hi galsss!!

Yep, busy busy busy,,, moving took for-EVER - that is, getting all the stuff out of the old house took forever sad.gif  Why do we have so much crap?  It has now completely filled the garage here, waiting to be sorted through.

But we are in the new house now and E has her very own room...  There is junk everywhere, a lot of which is because I am too tired all day every day to carry things upstairs sad.gif

We have spent the first 10 days without a kitchen, today the kitchen is going in but not the benchtop, so still no sink or cooktop for another week or so... grrr... at first it was 'fun' like we were camping or on holidays somewhere with limited facilities, and now it is just p*ssing me off badly...  You have no idea how much you do with a kitchen that you miss when you can't do it!!  And we have had enough takeaway, microwave dinners, and MIL's cooking to last a lifetime!!

Anyway all of that aside we are really excited to be in a quiet location in a place with so much potential to create the home we always wanted to have.  So I really should stop complaining Tounge1.gif

In other news I am now, what? Almost 19 weeks pregnant... OMG that has disappeared with all of the other activity going on in our lives sad.gif  OB did a scan last week and the baby was SO much bigger than when I had seen it 5 weeks prior.  All looking good and my 20 week scan is early next week so we get to find out what we are having, though my OB is quite sure she could tell, and has told me, but we want to wait for the 'official' scan, LOL.

Lou your place looks so good!  You must be thrilled to see it coming together.  Our kitchen is the same, on a smaller scale - it was made to our design wink.gif (mainly mine!)

Heidles and KMA (where have you been hiding??) I hope you girls are feeling good and growing nicely.

M4S No bump photos this time around (that is kinda creepy btw Tounge1.gif ) ... I just feel enormous already and definitely started a bit behind where I was in weight when I was pregnant with E sad.gif .

I'm actually wishing it away a bit, this time.  I really enjoyed my first pregnancy but not this time, probably because we have been so busy with really physical work, and you can't just rest and think of yourself when there's a toddler in the picture!!

Hey is anyone thinking about transitioning to a 'big' bed just yet?  Is it too soon?  I have no idea!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Pete Evans says a paleo diet can prevent autism. He's wrong

Pete Evans is not a paediatrician or even a nutritionist or dietitian. So why should we believe his extreme views and remove food groups from our children's diets over the advice from those more qualified?

Let's get back to commonsense parenting

Forget the new 'Lawnmower' parenting trend; try using plain old-fashioned commonsense instead.

Woman sues after having a mixed-race baby

A US woman is suing a sperm bank after it sent her vials from African-American man, instead of the white donor she had selected.

Bonding ideas dad will love

Dad may not say it, but he could be feeling lost, confused and seriously left out. However, there are lots of things new fathers can do to be more included in the excitement of pregnancy and new parenthood.

The house that hope built for childhood cancer

Baby Laelani Baker was diagnosed with cancer before she was even born. Her heartbreaking story is just one of the reasons the Build for a Cure project is raising money for vital research into childhood cancer.

Does stay-at-home parenting get better?

Parenting doesn’t ever get easier; the challenges just change. But the challenges of caring for young children definitely lessens as they get older.

Inquest into the short and tragic life of Chloe Valentine

As the first phase of an inquest into the death of Chloe Valentine drew to a close, there was no doubt Chloe's life was marred by appalling neglect.

When mothers kill

The act of killing one's child is unthinkable for most, and a mother who kills her offspring has a special power to inspire shock and revulsion.

6 beauty tips for tired mums

For those of us with young children, eight hours sleep is a distant memory. And while we can’t do much to secure more shut-eye, there are some ways to fake it.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Awkward grandparents

When Grandma and Grandpa pose for a snap with the kids, things can get very weird, very quickly.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.