Due in December 2012 Chat thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

#76 Hollag26

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Red nut Welcome!!! Love the name! My husband is a ginger so i have a very soft spot for all things Red!

Thank you Gisses, smooth sailign from here original.gif

#77 Leafprincess

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Testing my ticker...

Ok, I can't do it.... Keeps deleting it or it says the code isn't valid

Edited by yipfazel, 02 April 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#78 andrea79

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

I can't keep up with this thread!!

Yipfazel - agh that's so annoying when you lose a post. When I'm doing a big one I now type it in word and copy and paste! I'm hearing you on feeling sleepy! I really felt it last Thursday at work, it just seemed like I hit a wall at 3.30-4.00 and could have just fallen asleep on my desk! I only work 3 days too (Tuesday - Thursday) so will be interesting to see how I go tomorrow! Oh and I reckon I'll finish about 3 weeks before DD. that's what I did with DS and he arrived 11 days early so I only had 10 days off! And I'm from Tasmania

Hollag26 - yay fantastic news! Enjoy your scan on Wednesday too!

amy26 - I wouldn't have thought it was too early to test your immunities? And what does "not convincing" mean?? A positive is a positive and if you're still quite early anyway then it would only make sense that the doctors test was faint as theirs aren't as sensitive as the home tests. I'm sure everything will be fine so I wouldn't worry about any of that. And my gender predictor test said a girl too, although I did it for DS and that said girl too! So not sure how much weight I'll give that?!

gisses - hi! Yeah I sort of think the same way as you about telling people. I've told my mum and dad, best friend, another close friend who is also pregnant and only 2 weeks ahead of me! And my brother and sister. I know they will be there to support me if anything goes wrong. DH hasn't told his family yet, he's erring on the side of caution a bit more! Let us know when your dating scan is!

Red nut - hi and welcome! And don't worry about testing early, I think the majority of EB members test early!! And I've already POAS 3 times and will probably do another one (and my last!) before I see my doc on Thursday!

Hi everyone else and a big hello to all the newbies! I planned to go onto the computer and do proper personals but didn't happen today. So on my phone so could only see the last 10 posts!

AFM - well things going well I think! After the brown discharge on Friday there's been nothing since so feeling a littler more positive now. Don't see my GP til Thursday so not sure what will happen with bloods, might wait til after Easter. I have these little time frames and hurdles in my head that I like to get past - the first was that it wasn't a chem preg which after my HPT yday I'm pretty sure I'm safe there. The next is no spotting in week 4 - I know this is silly but I had this when I ended up miscarrying so I'll feel better if I make it this week without any. The last one is making it to week 8 as I miscarried at 7 weeks.

That all sounds a little silly when I read it back?!! Oh well, anything to get me through these first few weeks!

Agh really not looking forward to work tomorrow or the following 2 days but better get used to it I guess!

Hope you're all well and the symptoms aren't hitting you too hard

Andrea

#79 JuniorGandR

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

Grr just lost a post. Stupid wireless internet.

Welcome to red nut, LJA, butterfly, cosmic, mandy, miss monica and congratulations!!!!  Sorry if I missed anyone, too scared to go back and look as I might lose my post again.  I will try and update the list in a few days time.  

Andrea & Hollag glad that everything is going smoothly for you.  

Amy grrr to your doctor.  I know that horrible feeling which cuts right through you - my doctor rang me to say that my blood test results were "not encouraging".  And I wouldn't have through 12DPO was too early to test for HCG - not sure about immunity, I have only had HCG done so far.  I think they usually do the immunity tests more around the 10 week mark so maybe that is what the nurse was commenting on?

Went and had a look at 2 chinese gender prediction sites, and one predicted a girl and one a boy?????  I am thinking girl.

Although not sure how this pregnancy is progressing.  Very minimal symptoms so far, and my doc has freaked me out about my HCG levels.  She says they are low - and has asked for 2 more blood tests (had 2 last week, then 1 today and another on Wed).  But I have just doctor googled, and my levels seem normal.  After a miscarriage last November, I am now on edge, just waiting for the results, or for cramping and bleeding to start.  Or 6 weeks to roll around so that I can have an u/s.  

Is anyone else having minimal symptoms?  I know a few of you are feeling  sick.gif, you poor things.  Hopefully it eases up shortly, and in the meantime it is a good sign original.gif All I have a is a bit of cramping and weird dreams.  And for those going private - I have booked into my ob and first appt is 11 weeks - but can I ring up and get an earlier one if I am concerned?  My first pregnancy was a breeze so I never had to think about all this stuff.  

#80 aurora sleeping

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

yip I was meant to finish about 3 weeks before EDD with my DS but he came early so only had 7 days!!! Haven't quite thought that far yet, but perhaps I'll finish 4 weeks before, maybe 3. As I'll be taking mat leave, I want to take the most time off with my bub that I can, so I try to go closer rather than further away. Also, I'll have to do reports etc (I'm a teacher) before I go and it will just be a mad rush if I leave very early. Wondering how long I can wait before I tell work... I think people are already starting to guess...

Also, for my ticker yip, in the final page on Lilypie which shows the codes I do this: find the 'Forum Signatures' one in the list, then click on the 'UBB code' option. Copy and paste the code into your signature on EB but delete the bits before 'http' and after 'png'. It should work for you then... That's for a ticker at the bottom of your post - is that what you wanted?

Hi Red Nut! Congrats!!!!!! I'm bad at keeping my own good news to myself too!!!! It's all I can do to not shout it from the rooftops!!!!! I say give in to the testing lol!

AFM - Got my blood test back today: definitely positive. From my calculations (and clearly positive OPKs) I definitely ovulated on CD 15 so should only be 4 weeks and 4 days - my level was 3115 which sounds a bit high... So I'm going to get a dating scan and book in with my OB. Hopefully will do that next week.

Man, my eyelids are involuntarily closing, time to sign off. xxx

#81 emiboo

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:23 PM

Joining you ladies here as of tonight original.gif

Got my BFP today.

Still can't believe it. Can't wait to go to doctors tomorrow for bloods.

#82 MahnaMahna

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (yipfazel @ 02/04/2012, 05:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for those of you who have little ones, when did you finish up at work?

Yip - With my daughter I was working full time and I worked up til they asked me to stop laughing2.gif which was 37 weeks. I went almost 2 weeks overdue so I had just under 5 weeks at home. With my son I was only working part time so I worked up until the week I had him, also overdue, 10 days.

You need to do what you feel comfortable with though. I had a GF that just suffered from such extreme tiredness in her 3rd trimester she had to stop work at 31 weeks.

QUOTE (JuniorGandR @ 02/04/2012, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is anyone else having minimal symptoms?

Me! I cannot remember exactly though but I think it took til about 7 weeks for me to get full on symptoms with my other kids. I am only just over 5 weeks now. I have had some reflux which I don't normally get and a couple of small waves of nausea. I like having MS, it lets me know everything is ok. Weird I know!

Welcome to all the latest BFP ladies!

#83 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Hi everyone! Wow so many already! Congrats!!!

Just popping in to join you all as after three days of BFP's (very faint, quite faint and slightly faint haha) I am finally confident to call it a BFP!!! YAY!! Getting bloods done tomorrow to confirm though original.gif

Normal calculations say I'm due on the 6th but my doc thinks I must have ovulated late (only picked up BFP 4 days after AF was due, and after a neg blood test) so I guess I wont really have a due date until the dating scan. (Would love to be due on the 12/12/12 hehehe)

When can I get a dating scan?

Will read through the thread to get to know you guys more, it was really long and I really wanted to tell someone so I skipped that bit for tonight hehehe Tounge1.gif

#84 andrea79

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

JuniorGandR - I'm sure everything is fine as the levels of "normal" hcg vary between different sites and I'm sure I've read even between labs so I know it's easier said than done but try not to stress. Will you get your next lot of results before Easter? As for symptoms I have some but I'm pretty sure it was about 5-6 weeks before I really felt them with DS. Oh and my cousins wife had NO symptoms at all! It freaked her out but she now has a beautiful baby girl. She didn't even get sore boobs!

aurorasleeping - Yay on the positive blood test and I think we're all hanging out for you to have your scan to see if you have two little bubs in there!!

emiboo - wow!! CONGRATULATIONS and another TTC#2 grad!! March was an amazing month in there!! Welcome to the group!

LittleJacksonOne - welcome and congratulations!! Dating scan is normally done around 6 weeks so I'd have it done at 6 weeks based on your later date or even a week later to give you a better chance of seeing that heartbeat.

Hi everyone else  waves.gif

I guess I better start getting ready for work! Feel tired already, daylight savings is mucking DS around as he decided to get up at 5.00 this morning  blink.gif hopefully that doesn't last long. Did another HPT this morning (I know, I'm an addict!!) and I didn't think the control line was going to show! But it did eventually so things still going ok! And my boobs are sore this morning whereas they are normally worse of a night.

Hope you all have a great day

#85 Hollag26

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:56 AM

aurorasleeping I had a scan done at 4 weeks 4 days and hcg done at the same time and my hcg was 4634....

Does anyone else have symtoms that vary? ie really sore boobs one day, not as bad the next then sore again the day after? Maybe it is just because its my first that i am wondering if everything is normal and not knowing what to expect.

#86 Teeny Bopper

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Hi Ladies!

Wow!!  This thread is impossible to keep up with!!  I come in to catch up with everyone a few times a day but I rarely get time to post so you'll all have to bear with me.

WOW aurora sleeping and Hollag26, those HCG numbers are through the roof!!  You must be feeling very confident and reassured right now. That's awesome!

andrea79 - i'm already feeling exhausted too, and it doesn't help when you have to get up to pee numerous times during the night!

LittleJacksonOne - Welcome and Congrats!!  I kept doing HPT's every morning too, waiting for that damn second line to get darker. It did for the first 2 days, then the 3rd day was the same strength as the 2nd day so I started freaking out. Luckily the next day was MUCH darker so that was a massive relief! Apparently sometimes, it can take a while to kick in.

MahnaMahna - I can't wait for the MS!!  I'm only 4.1wks so I know I have a couple more weeks before it kicks in, but BRING IT ON I say!!!  Like you, I'm sure I'll find it the most assuring sign that the pregnancy is progressing normally. It's funny the things we look forward to isn't it??  I normally HATE throwing up, but I'm happy to do it if it means I get a beautiful, healthy baby in Dec  biggrin.gif

emiboo - Welcome and congrats!!  Good luck with the bloods, let us know how you go

JuniorGandR - what were your HCG levels and how many DPO were you when you had them tested?  Mine have been fairly low as well but doubling at good rates, so I'm happy with them. At 10DPO HCG = 7. At 12DPO HCG = 49. At 14DPO HCG = 174. Much much lower than aurora sleeping and Hollag26 but as long as they're increasing steadily, then I'm confident that everything will be ok. I know that I'm well within range so I'm not stressing and I don't think you should either (easier said than done after previous losses, I know)

andrea79 - i know what you mean about the hurdles in your mind. I have them too. I lost both my previous pregnancies at 17DPO. I am now 15DPO so if I can get through the next few days and still be pregnant, I think I will finally allow myself to feel a teensy bit excited!!

A big waves.gif and a bbighug.gif to everyone else I've missed!!

AFM - I am 4.1weeks today and starting to stress a little. I have a mantra that I keep repeating in my mind that calms me down and removes all the negative thoughts whenever they creep in. I just wish the cramping would stop!!  I know that it's perfectly normal, but I find it very unsettling. I keep poking my boobs to make sure they still hurt and I'm still pregnant!!  

No symptoms yet apart from frequent peeing, sore boobs, constant hunger and a skin break out. I've had hormonal acne pretty much since I stopped taking the pill 5 years ago, and the pregnancy is making it worse!!  Because it's hormonal, nothing topical seems to help so I'm preparing myself for extra horrid skin for the next 8 months!!

Also starting to get a little concerned that I'm going to miss out on having an NT scan. We're going overseas for 4 weeks from week 10-14 so I think I'll miss the testing window completely!! I am booked in to see my OB and have a scan at 7weeks so I will see what he has to say about it. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

DH and I have agreed not to tell anyone (not even parents or siblings) about the pregnancy until we get back from overseas and can confirm that the heart is still beating. It's going to be very hard to keep this a secret for the next 10 weeks!!

#87 Hollag26

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Teeny Bopper You made me laugh!  "I keep poking my boobs to make sure they still hurt and I'm still pregnant!!"
I do the same thing original.gif

Edited by Hollag26, 03 April 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#88 lady chattalot

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Wow .. So many BFPs! Welcome and congrats to all the newbies!

Hollag - my symptoms are all over the place too... Some days nothing.. Others plenty of nausea, sore boobs etc.. It was the same with DS early on as well from memory

Yipfazel- I worked until the end of my 36th week with DS and he came a week early so I ended up with two weeks to myself. It was the perfect amount of time to get things ready and catch up on some me time although the last couple of weeks at work were a real struggle. Also they make you get a doctors certificate after 34 weeks to say you are ok to keep working.

AFM - I went to the doc yesterday to get bloods done etc but the fill in nurse was hopeless .. Took a few goes at both arms and still couldnt get enough blood. I have big bruises today and have to go back tomorrow to have it done again grrrrr

Digital Dorothy - I'm going private again (norwest in Sydney) and using the same ob as last time as we were really happy with him.

Hey to overyone else:)

#89 LittleJacksonOne

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Teeny Bopper @ 03/04/2012, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LittleJacksonOne - Welcome and Congrats!!  I kept doing HPT's every morning too, waiting for that damn second line to get darker. It did for the first 2 days, then the 3rd day was the same strength as the 2nd day so I started freaking out. Luckily the next day was MUCH darker so that was a massive relief! Apparently sometimes, it can take a while to kick in.

MahnaMahna - I can't wait for the MS!!  I'm only 4.1wks so I know I have a couple more weeks before it kicks in, but BRING IT ON I say!!!  Like you, I'm sure I'll find it the most assuring sign that the pregnancy is progressing normally. It's funny the things we look forward to isn't it??  I normally HATE throwing up, but I'm happy to do it if it means I get a beautiful, healthy baby in Dec  biggrin.gif

I keep poking my boobs to make sure they still hurt and I'm still pregnant!!  

No symptoms yet apart from frequent peeing, sore boobs, constant hunger and a skin break out. I've had hormonal acne pretty much since I stopped taking the pill 5 years ago, and the pregnancy is making it worse!!  Because it's hormonal, nothing topical seems to help so I'm preparing myself for extra horrid skin for the next 8 months!!

Also starting to get a little concerned that I'm going to miss out on having an NT scan. We're going overseas for 4 weeks from week 10-14 so I think I'll miss the testing window completely!! I am booked in to see my OB and have a scan at 7weeks so I will see what he has to say about it. Hopefully it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

DH and I have agreed not to tell anyone (not even parents or siblings) about the pregnancy until we get back from overseas and can confirm that the heart is still beating. It's going to be very hard to keep this a secret for the next 10 weeks!!

Thanks Teeny Bopper! It was slightly darker today but thats reasuring! I had a blood test today so we'll see what the number is original.gif
I completely agree and I'm sure we might say different after we've been throwing up for ages but right now I dont feel much at all so it would help me really believe it! hehe AND I totally poke my boobs too, and they're getting really big!!
I have heard that acne is only bad in the first trimester and generally goes away after that (and then you get the 'glowing' skin hehe, but thats just what I've read as this is my first hehe!
I'm telling my family pretty soon (parents, parents in law, step parents, 12 brothers and sisters and maybe the 10 neices and nephews) But only because I want to tell my family whom I'm close to and I dont feel it would be fair not to tell the other family members, I just wish there was less then that haha! I also would love their support if something went wrong.

Thanks andrea79 and Hollag26, I have a doc app next week when I'm meant to be 5.3 weeks so thats perfect timing to ask her original.gif Will probably get one at 6.5 weeks.

Hollag26 I have had very varying symptoms and sometimes it seems like none! It's my first too so I would love more frequent symptoms to help me feel pregnant but I'm sure more will come before we know it!

#90 amy26

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:10 PM

Hi All,

I get my blood results back tomorrow afternoon, hopefully HCG levels are good so I'm not going to get the 'not very convincing' comment again. I don't know why that bothers me but it does, just a little patronising.  He's a good GP in that you get in when you want and you never wait in the waiting room more than 15mins. My female GP you can sit waiting for over an hr! but he never explains ANything you have to pry it out of him.

I'm a total Test-a-holic too, I had to talk myself out of buying a digital today. Have a box of lullaby - did another test this arvo and has come up after 5mins as dark as the control line! a good sign

Anyone know why do they seem to add weeks to the actual pregnancy in the due date calculator?? I ovulated on 15th March so should only be 2 weeks but all calculators come up with between 3.5 and 4.4.?

Symptoms: bigger sore,boobs. Peeing alot more so during the night, gone off the taste of coffee (same as with DS)

Will do personals later - got to pick up DS from preschool

#91 lady chattalot

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Just a quick one Amy -they calculate the due date as 40 weeks from the start of your last period, not the day you ovulated .. I think it has something to do with accuracy given the variation in women's cycles

#92 digitaldorothy

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi Ladies, just got my first scan to work out due date.....and I got 29 Nov.....guess I'm off to join the November group.  Thanks for all your support , best wishes and good luck!

Hi Ladies, just got my first scan to work out due date.....and I got 29 Nov.....guess I'm off to join the November group.  Thanks for all your support , best wishes and good luck!

#93 Cuddlesnkisses

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hi Ladies

POAS yesterday and today and got a BFP original.gif 2nd bub, I have a 4yr old DD. Due 10th

I'm a single parent and decided to stay that way, so this baby was conceived with a donor, first go.  Bit surprised because at 37, I thought it would take a little longer.

Glad to join and looking forward to the next 9 months.

Holly

#94 cosmic79

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Guys, I'm so sorry in advance.  I just know I'm going to be pathetic keeping up with everyone and replying with personals, etc, so please forgive me!!   blush.gif

I'm not sure who asked (I think maybe JustDance) - I'm in Melbourne so happy to help out if you have any questions... Was anyone else from Melbourne?

I'm still totally symptomless, but not tooooo concerned about that as its as the same with my last two pregnancies and I have two healthy boys.  Fingers crossed it stays that way.  But, as a few of you have said, I guess it is reassuring to feel a bit NQR at least for a little while!

I've been getting a bit of ovulation-like pain today (and so sets in the paranoia that will stay for the next eight months!).  Anybody else?  I'm hoping it's just those 'normal' twinges that I keep reading about.

#95 NICOLE83

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Hi Ladies, thought i'd do personals tonight  original.gif

Andrea - Nothing wrong with having time frames. Actually think it would make it easier to get through the long wait.

Junior - This is such a stressful time without having health prfessionals give off handed comments. Try not to read anything into it. With DS2 i was told at first scan it was ectopic, went for 2nd scan and was told not ectopic but no hb and told pg not viable, a couple of days later i had a big bleed so thought it was all over, had another scan after an agonising week long wait and got to see our bubbas strong hb! He is now turning 4 next month! Good luck tomorrow and think positive!

Aurora - That's high HCG levels. I'm still thinking you have two on board lol! Cant wait for you to have your scan!

Just Dance - 13 wweks is a long time to wait to tell MIL but would be a good surprise telling her in Paris! Just so long as no one else you tell would let slip to her beforehand.

Yip - With DS1 finished 2 weeks before, DS2 & DS3 i finished 1 month before (was only working 2 days).

Amy26 - WHAT A SMALL WORLD!! I will be going to Nepean Private. Had DS1 & 2 at the private and DS3 at the public. Can you please let me know any info you have on the calm birth, i am interested in that. Hope your 2nd test goes well, when i went to GP my urine test came up neg!

Gisses - What is hypnobirth? Are there classes or is it a book?

Hollag - Must be a big relief with those numbers and having a scan. Being so early were you able to see anything?

LittleJackson - Your family sounds like mine! One of the reasons we're not telling them just yet. I cant trust they wont let it slip to extended family members.

Congrats Emiboo and Cuddlesnkisses!

Cosmic79 - I'm getting O type pain aswell. The worry does not get any less with each pregnancy. I feel like i'm pg with no 1 again not no 4! But always good to know others are experiencing the same  original.gif

AFM - Booked my OB appt but couldn't get in until 7th May  sad.gif  I was going to go to GP today to ask for a scan just to check everything is where it should be but decided not to. We are going camping over easter long weekend so going to wait until we get back, will see GP and see if he will do more bloods or dating scan. Dont think i can wait another 5 weeks to make sure all is ok. Have symptoms on and off throughout the day and night. Boobs tender sometimes, feel  sick.gif sometimes and other times feel i need to constantly be eating! Oh this whole waiting game does not get any easier with each pg. I feel a little stupid for being so scared and worried but i just cant help it! Lets hope the next couple of weeks fly by! Also hoping i can keep it secret from our friends this weekend. They know we were TTC so i know they will be watching for any 'signs'!

#96 grasshopper10

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Hi Ladies,

New to the forum, this is my first ever post to EB so keeping it fairly brief.

Wishing everyone all the best in your pregnancies and looking forward to reading your posts.

AFM, POAS on April Fools Day, the pink line brought a smile to hubby. Had been to the Melbourne Comedy Festival the night before; the hot topic was parenting. A sign perhaps?

First OB appointment today. EDD 1 December 2012, bring on summer!

#97 amy26

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hi all,

Nicole83: Both Calm Birth and Hypnobirth are equally good but very few hypnobirth classes/practitioners in Australia. I used Hypnobirth and Calm Birth - Meditaion cds last time but want to actually do the workshop this time. There's a calm birth website with links to classes, there's a practioner in glenmore park and a few lower mountains. But I was given the julie clark meditaions from my doula last time and I still use them when ever I suffer anxiety or can't sleep as they work a treat so might do the workshop with her at Sylvania. Where are you located - I'm Emu way

That makes me feel slightly better about the BFP at GPs  rolleyes.gif

I'm thinking about getting first scans done with a private OB and paying? I did his last time round.But went to Blacktown as someone had recommended me an OB.

A few have had scans already here?? how many weeks along were you and did you see OB/ get a gp referal.

ladychattalot: Thanks for that, makes sense now original.gif

Edited by amy26, 04 April 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#98 Leafprincess

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

waves.gif To  all the new comers, we are become quite the group now.

Bye to digital dorothy, you had the reverse of what happened to me, I migrated from the nov group to here after a scan at the OB

I'm off to work today, should be interesting since I wont be able to do my usual afternoon nap and I'll be presenting to 10 people. Hope they stick me in a room near the bathroom in case I  sick.gif

Thanks for the replies on whe to finish up work. I think I will at the middle of NOV, it will give me enough time to rest etc.

I don't have enough time for personals, just wanted to say "hi y'all"

#99 SoTired

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Cuddlesnkisses- Welcome and congrats! Wow and well dont to you on being a single mum and having another bub with a donor. I have so many prying questions I would like to ask, but maybe we should get to know eachother a bit better first! wink.gif

amy26- Good luck for the results this afternoon. I am getting the NT (Down Syndrome) scan/blood test at about 11 weeks. You have to request it and you will be slightly out of pocket but seeing as we have decided not to get a dating scan, it will be a good opportunity to work out my due date.

cosmic79- I am from Melbourne- the northern suburbs. We will be having number 2 at the Mercy Family Birthing Centre. No 1 was born at Northpark Private. Private was brilliant but soooo expensive.

NICOLE83- Wow, what a rollercoaster ride with DS2. Glad everything turned out well in the end.
Hypnobirthing or CalmBirthing teach you methods of dealing with pain when giving birth and learning how to relax. Scientific studies show that women who are scared/frightened during labour/birth have increases of a certain hormone in their system that can be counterproductive to a quick and lower pain labour. I have to admit, it isnt for everyone- you need to practice meditation etc but it did work for me. In the end, we had DD in about 3 hours and it was really intense. Hypnobirthing made it the best experience of my life and I will be doing a refresher for No 2. The lady we took the classes with was brilliant- her name is Esther:
http://www.innerwoman.com.au/

grasshopper10- Welcome and congrats! Is this your 1st?

yipfazel- Goodluck for your presentation! With starting mat leave, I think it depends on your workplace and if you have any contract clauses that state when you have to leave. For some government roles, it is 34 weeks. For me, I worked up until 37 weeks but was then so bored out of my brain that I went back to work to say hi to everyone! Shocking, i know. DD was born spot on her due date- i would have gone nuts if I went later. This time I will probably to the same thing but I am considering maybe working a week later and leaving at 38 weeks. Will just have to wait and see.

AFM- Lots more pains than with no 1! But apart from that I am just waiting for the nausea to kick in as it did at about week 7 last time. At this stage I think i am 6 weeks as of Friday.
My skin is horrible and breaking out. Last time I had it all the way through and just got it back to looking okay- bugger!
Cravings are setting in and are pretty much the same as last time- HOT food. Dont really care what it is, as long as its hot.

Someone in one of the previous posts mentioned morning sickness and wanting to get it so they feel pregnant. To be honest, I wouldnt wish morning sickness on my worst enemy! Mine was so bad that I threw up up to 12 times a day and was really close to ending up in hospital on a drip. I had trouble keeping water down and was barely able to function until about 16 weeks. It was the most horrendous thing I have ever experienced and having it with no 1 means I have a 90% chance of suffering from it again. Please dont wish for it as you might get exactly what you wish for and more!

Hi to everyone else I may have missed!

#100 Hollag26

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

I had my appointment with my OB this morning to follow up last weeks bleeding. Just so happens that i started bleeding again this morning. He did an ultrasound and it looks good but will have to see what the hcg levels suggest. He said that it is not noraml but very common. I have had more blood tests today and have to get the next lot on Saturday.

I never imagined how much of an emotional rollercoaster this would be. You think when you have such strong hcg scores that everything will go well.

I am doing my best to be confident but at the same time feel very flat.

Sorry for the misrable post!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

An open letter to Tony Abbott: please salvage our super

We face financial ruin, but most of us don?t realise it. If we don?t act together to salvage our superannuation, I have no doubt the new GFC will be the Girls? Financial Crisis.

'I'm happy to know I'm changing lives': surrogate mum of two

I know that once the baby is born, I will focus on the gift I have given, and watch the parents with their new child. I can't wait for that day.

Birth trauma and the issue of informed consent

There is a perception that women should just be happy they have a healthy baby in their arms. But for women who experienced birth trauma, there's a lot more to it.

Tips for managing pollen allergies and hayfever

They're simple tips, but they can have a big impact on those who suffer from hayfever and pollen allergies.

Ada Nicodemou shares tribute to her stillborn baby

Just over one month since Ada Nicodemou and her husband lost their second son, the Home and Away star has shared a touching poem for her baby.

Mum causes stir breastfeeding on train

?To the woman breastfeeding her kid on the train. Seriously! On the train?" began the letter of complaint.

10 things they don?t tell you about being pregnant

As I slowly waddle my ever-changing pregnant body towards the finishing line of my due date, it?s becoming increasingly clear there are a lot of things they just don?t tell you about pregnancy.

Overcoming a fear of the dark

A toddler's fear of the dark is very normal, but there are ways parents can help children through this stage in their development.

Kids, TV and movies: how young is too young?

It seems you don't have to throw the TV and iPad out the window - it all boils down to moderation, supervision and interaction.

Video: Baby's first birthday is a special day for mum, too

?A baby?s first birthday is also mum?s first birthday.?

The day Supernanny came to tea

Prince William's favourite celebrity child trainer Jo Frost puts Bryony Gordon and her toddler through their paces.

The words I hated hearing as new mum

It was less than a week after my son was born that I first heard it - from my mother.

To the pharmacist who sold me baby formula

On the rare occasion I catch sight of you at school, or around town, I think back to our earliest exchange. I?m sure you have no recollection of it at all.

Babies may benefit from autism therapy

Children showing signs of autism don't usually receive early intervention until well into toddlerhood or later, but a new study suggests infants with symptoms of the developmental disorder might benefit from therapy from as early as six months.

Knatalye and Adeline born with an everlasting bond

Knatalye Hope and Adeline Faith are a lot like any other identical twin girls, but there is one dramatic difference: they're joined at the chest and shares several internal organs.

The question this dad wishes he'd asked his wife

I should have seen that my wife wasn't the same person I'd fallen in love with, but we were both too focused on simply trying to get by.

Why we should talk about the deaths of the Hunt children

The deaths are too horrible even to think about. Yet we owe it to the children - Fletcher, Mia and Phoebe Hunt - to think long and hard about it all.

Baby dies of meningococcal weeks after vaccine application denied

A six-month-old girl has died from meningococcal disease just weeks after an application for government funding of a vaccine for the most deadly strain of the virus was rejected.

Finding the right balance when playing with your kids

Being too involved in our children?s play and not allowing our kids enough free time for unstructured activities can mean our kids miss out on the value that play offers.

Creative DIY light shades

The Pop Light light shade comes in a flat pack already made - it's up to you to design it as you'd like.

The battle of iParenting versus imagination

Have we forgotten how to be imaginative, resourceful parents?

Why movement is so important for your baby's growth

Letting your child move as much as possible in the early years ? using all senses, engaging in the real world, preferably outside ? will help them grow up healthier, smarter, calmer and stronger.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Special offer: The Baby & Toddler Show 2014

At The Baby & Toddler Show, you?ll find everything you need to get ready for your new arrival and guide you through the early weeks and years of parenting.

Losing yourself to motherhood

While watching your baby grow into a unique little person is exciting and wondrous, the intensity of meeting everyone else?s needs can ever so sneakily overtake your own needs for self-care.

Tearing during delivery: the facts

Almost all women will experience bruising, grazing or tearing after a vaginal birth. Depending on the degree of tearing, there are various treatments available.

6 tips for a day out with a baby and toddler

Outings can be lots of fun with the kids, but there are inevitable challenges. Here's some information about days out to help you be a little more prepared.

Why I invited a dozen people to watch my son's birth

I sent invitations on burgundy scrapbooking paper stamped with a field of poppies, and told each person why I wanted him or her there. I warned that there would be nudity.

Getting labour started: tips for a natural induction

When your baby?s due date comes and goes without so much as a pop - let alone a bang - it can be disheartening. Mums and a doula share their stories of natural inductions.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

That's my boy: a dad's diary of the first 4 months

Unbearable anxiety, unspeakable joy, constant exhaustion and bouts of frustration ... The many shocks of first-time fatherhood resound in a dad's diary of his son's early months.

One of the most important things a new mum can do

Finances may not be as cute as a newborn, but with many women?s working arrangements changing post-baby, monetary matters need attention too.

Dying mum saves baby with last breath

Dying from a gunshot wound, Jessica Arrendale used the last of her energy to hide her baby from her killer.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Reader offer

2 FOR 1 TICKET OFFER

For Shopping, For Advice, For Baby & You. Enjoy a special day out with fabulous shopping from over 200 brands, leading parenting experts offering advice on a range of topics, and amazing children?s entertainment

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.