Pg with #1 after M/c BG #5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#126 lalalollipop

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

Oh Lou honey, I'm so very sorry to hear that - you must feel so disappointed after thinking your TTTS worries were over. I'm thinking of you lots and praying it doesn't progress any further. It's a good sign that Twin 1 is growing at the same rate, isn't it? I sure hope so. Lots of love to you and your precious boys and DH xx bbighug.gif

Fairey - I'm sure your baby is gorgeous! The OB at the sono clinic said they are so cautious that anything of any concern goes in the report, so I reckon your baby's jaw is not a concern. My doc said in an earlier scan pic that it looked like our boy had ginormous lips, but in the 3D pic they're just normal size! By the way, if you're thinking about 3D pics, ours were just part of the morph scan package, so they just happened - but they were just of his face, didn't show the gender!

Liltuss - looking forward to seeing your ASOS coat, and Mojo - congrats on the pram purchase x

Little lion - any good names? I'm at a loss for boys names!!

Welcome sonmat and hooloovoo - and congrats!

Hi to everyone else, and hope all the first trimester girls are going along ok with the natural anxiety of that time. This group is super lucky, so you're in the right place hheart.gif

x

#127 IWantToSleep

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:22 PM

Hi all

Lou sorry that the results from the scan weren't what you wanted but my fingers are crossed that it only stays at stage 1.

Fairey I'm sure your bubs jaw will be fine, I remember my sister having a whinge with her 3rd pg that it loooked like bub was going to have a huge nose but when he came out it was normal size.

Little Lion I found that my nausea started dropping off at around 11 weeks but i still get it every now and then at nearly 14 weeks, but I am still being careful with what I eat as some stuff can really set me off even if it i was fine to eat it the week before.

PCM I hear you on the tiredness, I was sleeping from 9pm to 10-11am from 6 weeks (due to my bleed at 6 weeks I was given time off work till I reached 12 weeks as it was all heavy lifting) except I was getting up at 3am to pee as that was when I used to get up for work.

Hooloovoo welcome and yay for the seeing the heartbeat. I didn't get told about my bicornate uterus untill I had my dating scan for my 2nd pg which came as a bit of a shock especially considering all the scans that i had for my first mc. I had a hysteroscopy done after my second mc and that found that my spetum01 comes nearly all the way down to my cervix. I think bub is in my left side but will check at our next scan, we did find at my last scan at 12 weeks that bub has pushed the septum right over into the other side which is good.

AFM Thanks to everyone who answered about my NT question, we had a scan at 12 weeks  but was just a regular scan at my OB's, as she out sources both NT and Morph scans. She even gave us a gender guess and is 80% certain that we are having a girl so will see if she was right when I see her again at 17 weeks. Well I'm back on bed rest again as I had another couple of bleeds, one tue night and another very small one last night, its very frustrating I just wish they would go away.

#128 sonmat6

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Hooloovoo - I'm due December 14. hope we can be EDD buddies!

Lou87 - I am very sorry to hear about TTTS. My SIL has TTTS two years ago. She was pg with identical twin boys. She had laser surgery while pregnant at 22 weeks. Let me know if you would like to know the outcome.

Rara - so good to see you here too.

PCM - so delighted you have a EDD. And Christmas day no less.

Lalalollipop - thanks for your kind words, only people who have been through the horrible waiting period can understand. I wish I could be excited but I just can't yet.

AFM - first scan tomorrow. Fingers and toes and everything crossed this little bug will be I the right place, and not stuck in a fallopian tube this time.

I am very nervous and I'm not sure if this is adding to the horrible nausea I've got. The only thing that helps is eating. So I have been eating all day! It was never this bad last time.
I'm scared because it was this exact scan last time (at 7 weeks) that the ectopic pg was first suspected, as there was nothing in my uterus, yet my bloods showed I was pg. I'll let you know tomorrow....

Best wishes to all the other ladies xxxx

Edited by sonmat6, 26 April 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#129 little lion

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

Good luck tomorrow sonmat. My NT scan is tomorrow so I hope we both have good news to share then.

Lala I don't know about names! I have a very rough list with maybe 10 names of each gender, but I figure I will be lazy and wait to find out the gender, then we only need to decide on one name.

Rara I hope your spotting nicks off! How are you managing bed rest with work or study? It must be hard.

Hello hooloovoo. Nice to have you here.

Mojo what color hood did you pick for the bee?

Lou, you're a fellow Brisbanite right? If you ever want to meet up and share your anxieties over a non-caffeinated drink, let me know. Otherwise, our growing group is here for you, so just post if you need to. X

#130 Fairey

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:16 PM

Good evening lovelies!!

Two quick things - BIG thankyou for the encouragment on my big jawed bubba. That's what the midwife said too lala - that there was nothing in the report as a concern about it. I just want a good looking kidlet wub.gif

Also - the list. Freaking EB formatting is driving me bonkers (the JP teacher in me is not happy, Jan!). I've deleted my first post from page one and put the list there. From now on I'll try to get a post on page one of every new thread that's just for the list, so it'll always be on the first page.

Have a look, let me know if you want more details added. Also there are lots of beautiful ladies missing - please let me know your due dates and other details (cos I didn't want to just guess!).

Love you all xx

Edited by Fairey, 26 April 2012 - 08:17 PM.

#131 little lion

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Nice list work Fairey! original.gif my location is Brisbane if you'd like to add it next time.

What is JP? Some subject at school? And of course your kid will be good looking!  biggrin.gif

#132 Fairey

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Brisbane has been added, Little Lion.

JP = Junior Primary (prep in lots of other states). I'm all for things looking pretty wink.gif

#133 porkchop's mama

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (sonmat6 @ 26/04/2012, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFM - first scan tomorrow. Fingers and toes and everything crossed this little bug will be I the right place, and not stuck in a fallopian tube this time.

I am very nervous and I'm not sure if this is adding to the horrible nausea I've got. The only thing that helps is eating. So I have been eating all day! It was never this bad last time.
I'm scared because it was this exact scan last time (at 7 weeks) that the ectopic pg was first suspected, as there was nothing in my uterus, yet my bloods showed I was pg. I'll let you know tomorrow....

Best wishes to all the other ladies xxxx

sonmat6 - thinking of you today and best of luck.  I know the nerves and panic only too well.  Remember deep breaths and that you have only done all that you could do for your baby to this point.  You will be fine and your bubba will be fine.

XXXXXX

#134 Tomate1910

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

Just a quick one original.gif from work.... ph34r.gif

Lou I am so sorry to hear about your latest scan but hope that you can try and keep up some level of optimism... Look how far you little boys have come and It seems like a good sign that they are BOTH still growing nicely... I Hope the monitoring will just be a precaution and they wont be any more progression... will they get them even earlier if nothing changes/it gets worse?

Fairey Thanks for the list... I'm In Sydney and gender will hopefully be found at May 30th at my morph scan!

rara sorry to hear about your bleeds... I just hope the bed rest will help... Is it a good sign that bub is pushing the septum away? so is she making one space for herself instead of the two?

Sonmat & Little Lion! All the best for your scans today! will be  ph34r.gif for results!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM

I am now booked into RNSH and quite liked my first appointment, hardly any waiting time and a lovely midwife! hope it will continue like that...

#135 Loulla

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Fairey, thanks so much for doing the list! Here's my info:

~ July ~

Loulla
EDD - 24th July
Gender -  bbluestork.gif  
Location - Canberra

Okay so Im going to start with AFM and follow with personals. I rang our midwife yesterday with all my worries and she was great. She explained how regularly they check the babys heartbeat in labour and through contractions. She told me their procedure for a long labour thats putting baby and mummy at risk and what they do if baby's born not breathing. I feel a bit better now. She asked me if I had been googling lol! I told her I had been speaking to friends because for some reason I have quite a few stories from my close circle and it's hard to not think about them. She said surround yourself with positive people and try to relax as much as possible.
Im glad I helped with the window sox idea! Another thing I bought yesterday were waterproof mattress protectors. 3 for baby cot, one for our bed and another for the spare bed as we may rotate. Apparently leaking breast milk, leaking nappies and poo explosions = high mortality rate for mattresses! ( I have been given the tip off that Huggies stops leaks the best? - I sound like a promo mummy lol).
Saw my first City Jogger Mini in real life, and its great except the storage under the pram is really minimal. I have plans of walking to the shops to pick up a few things and I will struggle to fit nappies, my handbag and some groceries in there... hmmmmmm
Have been looking at how to organise baby clothes too. Am thinking to get a really big chest of drawers and divide each drawer up inside? So i.e. on one side all the one piece suits and on the right all the singlets. No folding required, just chuck them in but at least in the night when baby is crying you know where certain clothing is.
hmmmmm I think Im nesting a little more now  happy.gif

Lala, how funny and exciting you now suddenly have a baby boy!!!  biggrin.gif  How adorable he looks like you naaaawwwww... When I look at our bub, he looks so much like DH its incredible.  hheart.gif  bbluestork.gif  hheart.gif

Fairey, you're such a rebel when it comes to scan advice  tongue.gif  Often scans show images distorted, so hopefully baby wont have a Frankenstein jaw, lol youre so cute! Good work on the wheely basinette.

Lou, Im so sorry to hear the TTTS news. It must have been a shock after hearing the former good news too. 22wk pregnant, they just need to hang in there at least another 5 weeks or so, come on bubbies! When do they think they will have them out? Obviously its a week by week thing, but if all is going well what is the period they prefer? Of course full term is preferable, but thats not possible with yours right? Also, would it be a C-section? So good your DH points out all the positives too  bbighug.gif
I think it was Mojo who had bought that preg seatbealt? Yeh I find it uncomfy too, and try to keep the bottom band as low as possible under bump.
Yes, trying to get in and out of those super small toilet cubicles is like trying to manouver a bulky piece of furniture through a small door way! You have to pre-calculate the angles you can successfully move with  laughing2.gif  Your lotus bath contraption is SO cute!!! And practical. You would just need to think about where you would store it while out of use. Great it can be used in the drier. Our sinks are too smalll unfortunately though.

Littlelion  hhugs.gif  xxx

Mojo, long time no see! Glad your classes are all going well, and you decided on a pram WOO HOO! Sounds like a lucky buy with your change table. mmmm I think I will look on Gumtree. I think you are in your 3rd trimester now, because you are 1 day into your 28th week. Have you noticed things are starting to get a bit more uncomfy now and you're more tired again? Ive had lower back pain and upper rib/sternum aching. But nothing too bad. My legs are covered in spider veins of varying colours, shapes and sizes  sad.gif  Going to get some compression stockings.

Superfruity, nice to hear you got a good vibe for your first RNSH appointment!

Sonmat, this group can be a great source of comfort during this terribly anxious time. I'm so sorry to hear you had an eptopic in your previous pregnancy. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you for your scan today. Will be  ph34r.gif  to see your results. Its great you are feeling nauseas. My nausea came on at 8weeks and would come and go, sometimes nothing for 5 days and then bam, back again! I still get it now occasionally if I dont eat regularly.

Olive baby, headaches are super common in pregnancy and many girls in this thread get them regularly (me included). But I would definitely see your GP if they persist or panadol doesnt work. Drink loads of water and make sure you are snacking healthily all the time.

Hooloo, welcome to our lovely group! Congratulations on a great dating scan, you must be incredibly relieved. Your uterus sounds interesting, does that mean you will be classified as high risk?

PCM, being tired is a good sign. When is your scan now?

Rara, a possible baby girl!  ppinkstork.gif You would be the minority in the group so far  happy.gif

Phew, this group is getting massive and it takes so long to do personals! Im off to do some marking etc. before school on Monday... waaahhh no more sleeping in and resting in the day  cry1.gif

Edited by Loulla, 27 April 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#136 lalalollipop

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

That's one pretty list Fairey! My details are all correct, and I'm located in Sydney.
X

#137 sonmat6

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

Little lion - how did your scan go???

Fairey - you can add my details to your list!

~ December ~

EDD 18 December
Location Sydney

So I had my scan today and to my enormous relief the bug is in my uterus! And it has a heartbeat. I can finally smile. Of course so much can still go wrong, but at least this is not another EP.

Thanks to everyone for all your support. I don't have time for personals but I wanted to share the news

Edited by sonmat6, 27 April 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#138 porkchop's mama

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Excellent news, sonmat6!!  eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  

So glad for you and DH!

PCM xxx

#139 Zarlias

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

Three pee sticks later and it looks like a done deal.

omg - this is the most confusing mix of elation and terror I have ever felt.....

I am using duct tape BTW - that stuff can stick ANYTHING

Z

#140 Fairey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

All details updated!! (I knew all of your stuff Loulla, except which date in July you were due!!)

Loulla - Oh yeah, I'm a rebel! Anything to help ease the stress, I'm all for it.
Good work on all your waterproof protectors. You forgot to add the fact that you need one for your bed because that's where your waters might break wink.gif
Are you having a baby shower at all? You'll probably get more waterproof protectors as pressies.
Nice work talking to the midwife about everything. So what exactly do they do if the baby is born not breathing? (Feel free to PM me the answer if you don't think it's forum friendly).
Did you have 3D scans done at all?

sonmat - WHOOO!!! Yay baby, yay!! So far so good and that's all you can hope for xx

ETA - And yes, Loulla - I've heard that Huggies are the best too (as far as poo-splosions go!!!)

Edited by Fairey, 27 April 2012 - 05:29 PM.

#141 little lion

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

Loulla I hadn't thought of waterproof mattress protectors, great idea.

Superfruity I'm happy you got a good vibe, since we will spend a lot of time at appointments and in labor, it is important to feel comfy with your hospital.

Sonmat that's fab news!  happy.gif

Hello zarlias, would you like to join us here?

AFM My NT scan went great!  original.gif Baby was so active the sonographer had to keep re-trying to measure certain bits. He/she would move as soon as the sonographer had found the structure she was looking for!  rolleyes.gif The baby is measuring a day ahead of my dates so that's good. We kept an eye out but no sign of gender (I know guessing at 12 weeks isn't an exact science). My next Ob appt is at 15 weeks and Ob reckons he might be be to tell us gender then. Did any of you (aside from rara) get a gender guess before the 18-20 wk scan?

Edited to add: if you're curious my DS risk was 1:2131, so low risk. The other trisomies were also very low risk.

Edited by little lion, 27 April 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#142 Loulla

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Sonmat and Littlelion, what WONDERFUL fantastic news, Im so happy for you  both ddance.gif

Fairey, the midwife said they are all highly trained in baby resus (you would hope so!) and in the birthing centre they keep a special baby machine outside the door of every woman in labour incase they need to help baby breath or get heart going I think? She also said all she has to do is press the emergency button and an ob from upstairs comes running for any emergency reason.  

Welcome and congrats, zarlias  BFP.gif

For the first time I went into a massive baby store and omg I was drooling! I didnt realise how enticing these shops are to first time mummies! So we are looking at a fold up change table, so that we can keep it in the cupboard for baby number two! The others are so bulky and take up heaps of space which we dont have. Also thinking to get a separate fold up bath stand and just putting the bath we were given in there. But if we didnt care how we spent our money, I would get all the things the shop has and more, all designer nursery furniture!
xxxx

#143 Loulla

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

And yes Fairey, waters breaking in the night means water proof cover here we come!

#144 Fairey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

Exactly, Loulla, exactly wink.gif Don't want to ruin that mattress for no baby!!

#145 mojo11

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hooloovoo - Welcome and massive congratulations !!!!!  Your scan sounds perfect !!!!

PCM - Your tiredness and toilet night are great symptoms !!!! Yes the pram stuff did my head in to be honest lol !! I also started with a $300 budget that went up to $800 lol

lala - Thanks !!! Only took 3 months to choose one and to blow my budget out by $500 lol

rara - I hope your bleeding has settled down xx It will be interesting to see if she was right !!!!

Sonmat - Wahooooo congrats on your great scan results !!!!!

Little Lion - I went for the purple one as its my fav colour and I find purple gender neutral (though my DP completely disagrees lol) Wahoooooo great news about your NT scan !!!!! No I have a supriser gender but I have had friends do it at around 16 weeks and it seems pretty spot on..

Fairey - The list looks great !!! I am in Victoria original.gif

Superfruity - I am glad your apt went so well !!!

Loulla - Sounds like you had a great chat with your midwife and even better that she has helped you fell better about everything.. I have gotten some waterproof bed protector for our bed... I have been told its a SIDS risk to have them in the cot so I am not going to use them there... The city mini is a great looking pram but I agree it has minimal space below !! LOL definately sounds like you are nesting !!! Nope was not me who got the preg seat bealt I cant remember who bought that !!

Yep in 3rd tri now eeeeeek !!!!! So far I have been lucky for as large as I have gotten I have no stretch marks yet but my back is killing me I am getting preg massages every two weeks and epsom baths twice a week to help !!! Yep finally bought the pram lol still cant stop looking though !!!

Zarlias - Congratulations !!!!!!!!!

AFM -  Finished birth classes now - still no word that the stork drops bubba off lol... Last clasds was all about baby care and SIDS !!!! Really enjoyed the birth classes...

Did Breastfeeding class today and I highly recommend you check if it is run by the ABA or something as mine was run through the hospital went for just over an hour and was the biggest waste of time... There was nothing in it that was of any use at all.. I was really disappointed...

#146 Fairey

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Updated, Mojo original.gif I think I'm right that you're keeping the gender a surprise too? (Tell me if I'm wrong, cos that's what I've put wink.gif)

#147 Des_Hen

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Hi Ladies.

Sorry I've been quiet for a while. I have been stalking you all original.gif Just busy ATM with work & uni & so fatigued at night I just sleep...

I'm on my phone so but hard for personals, I am so happy everyone's scans are going well and little healthy babies are growing well original.gif

So good to see PCM & Olivebaby here from the TTC group original.gif

Hello to all the new ladies also

AFM - feeling so nervous for my scan on Monday. I'll be 9w4d...
The last few weeks I have just wanted to be in a bubble & hide from the world & protect this little one.
I keep feeling my boobs to see if they're still "full" - they've never been sore.
I take comfort everytime I feel nauseous.
I just want to skip this trimester and know that little one is growing away nice & healthy.

Fairey- for the list, I'm from Adelaide. EDD 30th November.

Xxx

#148 mojo11

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Fairey - Spot on keeping it a suprise !!! Thank you !!!!

Das - Hen - Good luck on monday xxx

#149 Loulla

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

DH and I did a little shopping today  biggrin.gif

This is the fold-up change table we bought for $99, in brown:
http://www.valco.com.au/product/pax_plus_change_table

Here is fold-up stand and baby bath we got for $85 (to save my back):
http://lovencare.com.au/bath/baby-bath-and-stand/

This is the pram we bought for $399 (almost bought the GT for $599 but I felt it was too bulky and heavier than this one. I hope this one doesnt mind going on grass and pebbles?!):
http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_sngl_dtl.aspx

We will be using a Phil &Ted hand down cocoon inside the pram which is super snug and with handles. Perfect for Canberra winter and easy to move baby around from pram to home etc.

Mojo, why are waterproof covers a SIDS risk? So if it wasnt you who bought the special seatbelt, Im thinking Dizzyanne? Yes sore back makes the bump feel even bigger doesnt it, cos you cant carry it as smoothly or something?! Shame about the breastfeeding session. Was it geared towards parents who know nothing about anything, or just some random person took it who doesnt even specialise?

Deshen, I bet this weekend is going very slowly for you! Hang in there and let us know on Monday how you go  bbighug.gif

ETA, Fairey we havent really thought about 3D ultrasound... we probably wont do it and wait for 3D in real life! You?

Edited by Loulla, 28 April 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#150 Fairey

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

Added to the list, Des. I'll be thinking of you on Monday. Keep thinking positively xx

Yay, Mojo!! (Got it right!!)

Nice shopping efforts, Loulla! I'm assuming you got the pram in blue? (It looks very cool!)

AFM - just playing around looking at things online and bubs is wriggling around having the time of it's life (must know I'm looking at baby things). Just found cards  "50 things to do with your baby" that have games and rhymes etc. to do with bubs... hrmmm...

Also, I'm joining Loulla with that nesting thing... (I hate it already!).
I've decided that I hate our office and that it needs to look like this:
http://www.homeofficedesignblog.com/wp-con...denceoffice.jpg
Except I don't want a corner desk, just a long straight one... Hubby is fantastic. He's realised that we all don't wanna EFF with the pregnant hormonal lady and has said that we can re-do our entire office in the next 9 weeks (before I finish work). WHOOP WHOOP! That'll include getting rid of our office furniture, getting white office furniture and painting a wall grey.

Then I'll hit doing up the bubba's room wink.gif

Reminder to all - take a before photo of the room that's becoming the bubs room.
Ours is currently a spare bedroom... Can't wait to go and change it all!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.