Cravings (or what you can stomach!)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 tanglez

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

I haven't had any cravings at this stage, but my goodness, my body knows exactly what it DOESN'T want original.gif I used to love Asian food, whether Thai, Vietnamese, Indian, Chinese, you name it, I loved it, and the spicier the better... Now even reading the words lemongrass or curry turn my stomach! I find it incredible that my tastes could have changed so distinctly this early on! Would love to hear what others have experienced in this area!

#2 ally0812

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

i hear u!! worked in indian rest... no way, cant stand the smell now. dont do meat, eggs, anything processed. can only take appke carrot cellery raw food... not even a piece of choc:(

#3 Miss S

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Chocolate was my most favorite thing in the whole world but not anymore cry1.gif I cant even stand the smell of the lolly section in the supermarket. My only real craving has been rice I cant get enough of the stuff I even eat it for breakfast unsure.gif I am 17 weeks so im not sure if it is still a craving or just odd blink.gif

#4 whatnamenow

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

All my favourite junk just tastes like vomit now..  

As for cravings so far its been asian greens and anything crunchy.

I am amazed at how much my diet has changed.  This is new for me as my past pregnancies i have had hyperemesis and eating anything was a challenge.

I am also trying very hard to eat very healthy as if i gain a few more kilo's before my 25th week i get labeled high risk and sent aware from home for the birth.  So trying to ignore the more unhealthy cravings..

#5 Spring Chickadee

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:39 PM

Many foods I can't even type or say without gagging so I can't go into the major ones but I'm off coffee,tea, pasta, lamb, peanut butter, Vegemite, most mains I would eat and apples.  Can't stand the site of alcohol which makes not drinking it easy!

Loving non- dairy icy smoothies for breaky, sweets and chocolate, noodles, baked potatoes, Mexican, green curry only, cordial.

And I can't stop thinking about macoroni cheese packet pasta, but I'm off gluten and it's potentially a contributing factor to my previous miscarriages it's an absolute no go!

Edited by Spring Chickadee 2, 24 March 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#6 Alacritous~Andy

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

I can't stand eggs at the moment.  They smell rotten.   sick.gif

I had to do some baking the other day, and I had to get DH to smell the eggs for me before I added them to the mix.  I needed his assurance they weren't rotten, because they smelled it to me.  (I didn't tell him, but I actually threw out three eggs because I thought they were rotten, before I thought of asking him).  blush.gif

#7 Anon654321

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

As I am not too far at the moment the smell of foods is not too bad.

I am craving savory things (like I have with most my pregnancies)  Cheezels seems to be on my list every pregnancy but this time around I am really loving eggs.  

As I said this will probley change very soon as I am only around 5 weeks.  I can all ready feel the nausia come and go so fingers crossed I don't end up with HG sick.gif
(I had HG with my first two pregnancies)

#8 emnut

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

I want lollies - with colours & flavourings though not the crap they have now without them - anyone know where I can get some from by chance?

#9 whatnamenow

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

Emnut...  try woolies homebrand.  still full of sugar, colouring and flavouring....

#10 LadyMorgana

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

I've been craving healthy food, mostly fruits. I've been having at least one apple and banana daily, it's one of the few things that doesn't make me feel sick. And salada's. I use to eat so much junk, especially chocolate and now I eat very little.

#11 tanglez

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

I wish what I wanted was healthy! I am trying to be good by eating well and going to the gym, but then I discover something like the new Cornetto Enigma and eat two of them in a row (quite possibly the most delicious thing to ever enter my mouth though so worth every calorie!!!) Ah well, will just keep coming back to the good stuff and hope it all balances out!

#12 rome_es21

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

Rice and orange juice!! I normally smash the water but I cant touch it i try but it makes me feel so sick!! And yea cant even touch the sweets sad.gif cant wait till this part has past!! I would rather go through labour 10 times in a row and skip the nine months of pregnancy!!!!

#13 rome_es21

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (tanglez @ 26/03/2012, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish what I wanted was healthy! I am trying to be good by eating well and going to the gym, but then I discover something like the new Cornetto Enigma and eat two of them in a row (quite possibly the most delicious thing to ever enter my mouth though so worth every calorie!!!) Ah well, will just keep coming back to the good stuff and hope it all balances out!

Aww Babe dont worry about the calories just take it easy!!! N smash those cornettos!!! Do healthy eating when ur ready dont force it!!! happy.gif

#14 suzy-c

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hehe, I found the only things I could eat at uni, that weren't listeria foods (salad bar etc) were meat pies! They were so heavy they made me sick after a while, and I used to scoff one with no problems.

Last night I gave the boys nachos, and I had a ham cheese and tomato sandwich, which I ate roughly 2/3 of. When I left it on the coffee table to get a drink, I came back and it was gone, and so was the dog. Sigh... I wasn't going to finish it anyway.

I hope I'm getting enough nutrients, because I can't eat big meals, even when I'm insanely hungry.

#15 HANI

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

With DS I had no food cravings just aversions.... I wasn't even interested in chocolate!! This time around I love my sweets and am craving meat and junk food. I'm likely gonna put on so much weight in the 1st trimester, they are gonna put me on some healthy diet mad.gif
You know people have told me that when you are carrying a boy you prefer savoury and with girls you prefer sweet. Definitely proved true with my son. Hopefully it is a girl this time.

#16 little lion

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:48 PM

Last week salt and vinegar chips were my friend. This week kiwi fruit and peanut butter toast are my faves. Juice is a winner too. DH bought me some salt and vinegar chips yesterday but I didn't have the heart to tell him they are no longer on my craving list!

#17 Zelle

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

As a sweet tooth, I crave . . . salt and vinegar chips and Vegemite on toast (which I normally loath).  Even a whiff of jelly snakes makes me feel ill.  Attracting a bit of attention turning down Easter eggs and other sweet treats.  On the other hand, I am enjoying fruit more.  This is all so weird!

#18 JKan

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm not craving anything yet, but ALL the foods I used to eat, i feel sick just thinking of.  
Breakfast used to be oats, banana and a coffee, now its buttered toast and hot chocolate
Lunch used to be chicken roll, now its spaghetti in a can
Dinner used to be pasta, stir-fries, now its soups and toast.
i never thought I could live without my morning coffee....now I can't think of anything worse.

I have to eat something every hour...usually plain sweet biscuits.

Oh, Zelle and Little Lion your mention of Salt and Vinegar chips....I now have a sudden carving for!!!  LOL

#19 shoopdeboop

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

I feel sick just reading some of the names of those foods. I have so many foods I can't go near. I feel like I am starving all the time and if I don't eat straight away I feel like I am going to vomit and pass out.
A couple of weeks ago I just craved flavours. At dinner time I would put all the sauces we have on the table (that was an initial sign!) I would rather not eat now at all but feeling sick I have to eat often. I am having vegemite on toast and have been craving hot custard for about a week now but haven't had it yet.
And I am so disappointed that I have gone off tea and coffee because these are my favourite time-outs.

#20 little lion

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

I had a mini-meltdown yesterday. We were at a shopping centre and I was hungry (which actually means nauseous) but I couldn't think of what I could eat. Everything seemed unappealing or a pregnancy no-no. DH couldn't understand it and I came up with the following explanation... Morning sickness is similar to what I imagine anorexia is like. You know you should eat but it is so hard to make yourself eat.

I made up for it by having a huge dinner last night, Chinese hot pot. It was the first large meal I have eaten in over a week.

#21 BulaFiji

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (little lion @ 01/04/2012, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a mini-meltdown yesterday. We were at a shopping centre and I was hungry (which actually means nauseous) but I couldn't think of what I could eat. Everything seemed unappealing or a pregnancy no-no. DH couldn't understand it and I came up with the following explanation... Morning sickness is similar to what I imagine anorexia is like. You know you should eat but it is so hard to make yourself eat.

I made up for it by having a huge dinner last night, Chinese hot pot. It was the first large meal I have eaten in over a week.

I feel the same way.  During my work lunchtime I walk around the mall, going from one food court to another, I feel hungry and have no idea what I feel like eating.  Nothing appeals to me and the things I do want to eat I cant, no sandwhiches with antipasto, salads that have been sitting there, cant eat pasta with tomatoe sauce as it give me indigestion, cant have fried oily foods, nothing spicy so goodbye to thai and indian miss having curries.  I ate a yummy roast lamp with herbs the other night for dinner but brought it up.  Cant eat BBQ.  Im so sick of vegemite and toast for breakfast, tuna sandwhich for lunch, chicken and veg for dinner or soup.  So sick okf nibbling on salada or crackers during the day.  My diet feels boring.  I dont have any cravings and cant eat many fruits as they give me indigestion.  Never know what to eat, I cant cook as looking at food makes me wanna throw up, DP has been doing all the cooking and he has no idea what to make me.  I use to eat choc every day and now I dont want it.  When baby is here I will need to exercise to lose the weight but all I can think of is how much I want to eat all the things that I cant now like chocolate, curries, pasta etc

Its so funny and sad what us ladies have to go through.  And I thought that I would be having cravings for sticky date pudding, apple pie etc!

#22 BabyChance1010

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

Plain salted chips and Custard. Not together at this stage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

'My parenting style is Survivalist'

A helicopter or tiger mum, I am not.

8 mums reveal their favourite nappy bags

We asked a bunch of mums which nappy bags they love the most.

Why you shouldn't bother throwing a big first birthday party

If you're feeling the pressure to host an all-out, over-the-top shindig for your baby's birthday, I hereby grant you permission to throw the rules out the window.

The 24 baby names on the verge of extinction this year

If you're on the hunt for the perfect baby name and don't want a chart-topper like Oliver or Olivia, then do we have the list for you.

'My mum doesn't seem that interested in my baby'

Q: My mother and I have always been close, but now that I have a baby, she has not helped out as much as I thought she would.

New guidelines: "Bottle-feeding mums need support too"

Breast is best, but mums who can't, or choose not to breastfeed need support too.

Dads also struggle to 'have it all', study finds

Men and women both experience work-family conflict.

Language development may start in the womb

Study found babies can recognise foreign languages before birth.

Meet the baby born from an embryo frozen for 24 years

Experts say little Emma is a record breaking baby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

From our network

Five things you need to know about flu and pregnancy

As the 2017 flu season begins in earnest, here?s what you need to know to protect yourself and baby.

Mum tips to keep your pre-baby budget in check

Money might be funny in a rich man's world (or so ABBA told us), but for the rest of us it's a major consideration – particularly before having a baby.

5 easy ways to make your maternity leave last longer

Maternity leave is a special time for you, your partner and your new little bundle. The last thing you want is for financial worries to stand in the way of that joy.

10 ways to keep your 'buying for baby' costs down

Becoming a parent is full of surprises – not least of all finding out that, for such small beings, babies cause a lot of chaos and expense.

5 ways to prepare to go from two incomes to one

Here are some ideas for getting that budget in shape, ready for being a one income family.

Baby Names

Need some ideas?

See what names are trending this year.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.