Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 CCABW

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Gold!!

Gosh it's quiet in here.  Hope everyone is doing well.

I am feeling very tired and out of breath - I reckon it's low iron.  I'll be seeing the OB in a week or so so will ask about it then.

Is anyone else feeling grumpy?  I don't know if it's the hormones, or because I'm tired and trying to do too much.  I find I have very little patience at the moment and am likely to snap without thinking sad.gif .

Also starting to put the weight on now - have put on 3 kilos so far (at 18 weeks).  With my other pregnancies I had put on at least double that by now.  I just don't seem to have a huge appetite and if I eat too much I feel sick.

I have my big scan on the 4th April so will update again then...

#3 White-Lily

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

Silver!

Its is very quiet in here CCABW. Hope you get the iron sorted out and get some energy back soon!

I am also getting grumpy and much more frustrated with everything. I know I am trying to do to much though, hormones probably don't help though. Just trying to get the new house sorted out and then work out what we need for bub, arranging appointments and then working F/T. Oh and weekends aren't any help as we have weddings every weekend for the next few weeks and then its Easter! I need a holiday (from work) to catch up with my life. DH is of no use to me as his work is having a big shake up and his assistant is about to get sacked (any day now) which means DH is working later to keep things going and when his assistant does get let go DH will be on call on the weekends too...

I think I have put on about 3kg now too. I dont think I had put on this much with DD at this stage but I started out fatter  blush.gif so had some additional padding already! I am eating so much chocolate though so I should rein that in!

We have our big scan on the 30th March. Are you finding out bubs gender? We are having a surprise but I still cant wait to see bub again

#4 firsttimer77

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

I have noticed that it is very quiet too. I have held off joining the FB group until we tell everyone that I am expecting. We have held off due to a loan being processed and as soon as that is all done and dusted I will be shouting it from the roof tops. I am lucky that I haven’t popped yet (will be 19w on Monday). I’m pretty sure that I was larger than this last time. My boss at work knows due to having to arrange mat leave and of course our parents know but that is it.

I had a complete meltdown yesterday. Got a bit overwhelmed with the loan stuff and suddenly started sobbing. Once I started I couldn’t stop. So embarrassing.

Anyway, things bub wise are going well. I can’t wait to see him/her Friday next week (30th March) on the scan. I have been feeling quite a bit of movement this week.

I hope that everyone else is doing well. Hope to hear from more of you.

#5 CCABW

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

So glad I'm not the only one here!  I'm not on FB.

Good luck firsttimer77 and White Lily with your scans next week - it's very exciting!!!

White Lily - we are going to keep bubs a surprise.  Did the same with all the others, so we thought, why change the formula now?  I love the surprise...it's something to look forward to after the whole birth process.

What about you, firsttimer?  Are you going to find out?

I love feeling the little movements.  My hubby can't wait to feel them too - shouldn't be long.

firsttimer - I hear you on the meltdowns.  Had a few of those myself recently - bloody hormones!  I get upset at the slightest little thing at the moment!!

#6 White-Lily

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'm glad Im not the only one on here too CCABW and firsttimer. I will admit I am posting in the other Aug group too as there wasn't much happening in here lately and I was getting lonely  ph34r.gif

CCABW Im really looking forward to finding out the gender at the birth and having it 'announced' or seeing it for myself. We found out at 19w with DD so want to try the other way this time. That and we don't have the overwhelming NEED to know NOW this time round laugh.gif

firsttimer I hear you on the meltdowns too. I dropped DD off at daycare on Monday, normally only do pick up, and she was so upset that I was leaving her and n one was distracting her so when she started to cry I just lost it. I cried the whole way to work in the car. I don't think I have ever cried when leaving her before, at least not like I was on Monday!

We still haven't told everyone either! Rest of the family will find out on Sunday and I think I will tell work after the scan when we know all is well with bubby. Hopefully I can hold out one more week! I got sprung by the storeman this week (he has been sworn to secrecy) so I wont be able to 'hide' much longer.

18w today for me  biggrin.gif seems like it is going quickly now, The first trimester really dragged for me and was plagued with worry. I'm glad I'm starting to finally feel more confident about getting to be a mum again. the kicks are VERY reassuring!!

#7 Lilolil

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Hello to the ladies left on here, I think quieter is nicer, there is nothing worse that having to comment on 10 or so other people, it gets a bit much.

I am 19 weeks pregnant, due on the 19th August. I have a 5 year old son who is over the moon that he is having a bro or sis and a very eager partner which is awesome because my sons dad didnt really want to know that much.

I am a bit of the reluctant mother, just beccause i know what I am in for when the baby comes out, it makes me tired to even think about it but on the flip side your own child is truly THE most amazing thing in the world, I never knew love til I had my firstborn.

We are having a 3d scan on the 3rd April, cant wait to find out if it is a boy or girl, not that I mind but I hate the "it" thing, feel no connection that way at all and all that thinking of boy or gir names - way too much for my little brain to contend with, would rather think of just one.

I think I have put on around 4kgs, I am a Zumba fitness instructor and am still going strong twice a week - pregnancy is making no difference at this stage although around weeks 6-12 were a different story.

Ok enough about me for now, where are you guys from??

#8 firsttimer77

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

I won't be finding out the sex of bub. One of the last surprises in life. We are all set up with neutral clothes so no problem there. I didn't find out last time either and my DD had her legs firms closed at the scan so we couldn't see even if we wanted to!
I hope everyone has a great week.
PS, I'm in Brisbane

#9 White-Lily

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Lilolil hi and welcome to the group! Quiet is nice original.gif nothing gets lost in a sea of replies!
I cant wait for our next scan too but we are having a surprise. I am from Perth.

firsttimer77 I never thought of it as one of the last surprises in life but I guess it is! We are all set with neutral clothes as well and figure know one will know if bub sleeps in a pink suit at night if it happens to be a boy  ph34r.gif

AFM Rest of the family has been made aware we are expecting. We didn't really announce we just went to my brothers wedding and it was fairly obvious. Mum got a few questions but just brushed it off as a second baby thing so thankfully we didn't to explain our reasoning for not telling anyone sooner.

So anyway DD was flower girl and did and amazing job! So proud of her  wub.gif And my little brother is all grown up now!

Oh, DH felt baby kick on Sunday night  wub.gif yay

#10 michie0moo

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Hi all,
Hope this post works as the screen looks strange unsure.gif
Anyway, I have mostly been over in the FB group as I check FB for other reasons anyway.

We had our morph scan today and all looks good. I had to close my eyes while they checked things around the pelvic area so I didn't see anything (not wanting to know the sex). DH was supposed to come but didn't make it due to work delays, but he says he would have peeked when they told us not to look so that wouldn't have helped. I did give him the option of knowing, but he said he didn't want to know...

emotional moments - yep had one last week where I just couldn't stop crying. I got overwhelmed by DD's inability to go to bed / go to sleep without me and boobies and wondering what we are going to do with 2 of them. We had another horror night tonight and I ended up driving all around town. Our cleaner comes tomorrow and right now I should be doing the last minute tidy up (mostly the dinner dishes - still sitting there as DH has an extra early start tomorrow and DD wouldn't go to bed, and throwing all of DD's toys into the toy buckets). There is also a pile of laundry on the spare bed and now that I think about it, some still hanging on racks downstairs but they can survive until the morning.

Announcing - most people know but I haven't said anything public on facebook yet. A lot of my FB friends are the ones I don't see, rather than necessarily being a reflection of closeness so the way it has worked this time is that if I see you regularly, then I've told you, but if not, I probably haven't. As a result some of my oldest friends don't know, and some aquaintances (sp?) do.

Well, must go do this stuff so I can go to bed. Will try to remember to pop in here a bit more.

PS - I'm in Brisbane.

#11 raone

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

Hi ladies, just a quick check in as today was my scan YAY! We found out the sex. And since we are not telling anyone else I thought who better to blab to then you guys..... So my first child will be a little boy!!!! I was right and DH wrong. He said he is a little relieved as he feels more confident with a boy. Not looking forward to the nappy changing and getting peed at lol.

Anyway everything else looked fine too and we got to watch him sucking his thumbs the whole time. I will be checking in here rather than facebook as I would rather keep this seperate. So hopefully someone else will too.

Ps im in melb

#12 CCABW

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi ladies

Congrats raone on your gorgeous little boy!!!  That's so awesome!!  (I'm a bit biased, but I think having boys is just amazing!! original.gif )

And congrats michie000moo on your great scan!

I'm still all over the place emotionally.  I guess it's a combination of not having had much sleep (have had a house full of sick boys/hubby), as well as the hormones.  Feeling a bit nervous about our scan next week as well. I just keep crying for no apparent reason - I'm a bit of a mess at the moment!

Hope everyone else is travelling well.

#13 ~A2~

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hi everyone

These chat threads have started to slow down again so I am thinking of combining them together as the Parents Group you move to later on and the current FB group are combined not separate.

Regards

Ali

#14 Lilolil

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi all,

Congrats on your scans and Raone finding out its a boy! Yay sooooo exciting, little boys just love their mums, it is so special!

I am still not sure if I am feeling anything yet, with my first their were definite bubbles in tthe beginning, this one I think I am feeling twitches and sometimes the whole thing move up but could be just stomach rumbles too, mmmmm.

So excited for scan next week, although a little nervous too, will be much happier when I know everything is ok.

Is anyone still doing high impact excercise??

#15 White-Lily

Posted 28 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

Lilolil I stopped exercising in the first trimester due to feeling rotten all the time. Its only recently that Ive been feeling good enough to get back into any exercise so I'm starting out slow again. Not that i was ever up to high intensity!!

CCABW hope your house of sickness is on the road to recovery

raone congratulations on a blue bundle!! How cute that he was sucking his thumbs  wub.gif There are a few of us that don't post/have FB so you wont be lone in here, well hopefully not!

michie0moo congrats on a great scan original.gif

A2 Im happy for the groups to be combined, Im posting in both of them anyway  ph34r.gif

All good here. Not long til scan day original.gif

#16 raone

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:03 PM

Hi,
CCabw everything will be fine with the scan. Just think about the cool stuff you will get to see. My thinking about the sex almost completely pushed the potential problems from my mind.

Lilolil im not sure about my movement feelings either. The scan guy today did say my placenta was at the front I have heard that makes it harder to feel? I'm definetly not doing any exercise. I feel so clumsy as it is at the moment. I swear I slightly pulled my groin at work yesterday. Good luck with the scan.

Everyone else good luck with any scans etc. Wow the end of the week is 20 weeks for me half way! This is going quicker than I thought!

#17 ms-marti

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:25 AM

Hi Ladies,

Great news on the morphology scans looking well for all so far. I'm just hanging till we do ours on 04/04/2012 as for whatever reason this time around I'm just much more freaked about the whole thing and just need that reassurance that it's all OK  rolleyes.gif wierd I know. Have not been posting much but have been reading here and there.

Congrats Raone finding out its a boy biggrin.gif

We found out the 1st time and most likely will again this time we are shocking at surprises  blush.gif

#18 michie0moo

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Raone - congrats on a boy! My SIL used to just hold a terry towelling nappy over the "sprayer" if there was any delay in getting the nappy on, and also had the change table at a 90 degree angle to herself, so he would spray the wall/floor rather than her standing in the firing line. I'm sure everyone gets peed on once or twice though (even with girls they can get you when you least expect it).

MsMarti - it's always good to see everything looking good on your scans. Did you have a NT? I've been getting the odd flutters which is very reassuring but not as many as I'd like because my placenta is in the way.

CCABW - lack of sleep definitely makes me super emotional when combined with the pregnancy. I start crying and can't stop. Often I can feel myself losing it and I know it's just hormones but I can't control it - it's a strange feeling. Hope your household is all healthy again and stays that way. We have been having a terrible time with DD's sleep lately where she just won't go to bed so I have been super tired but also really distressed over how to deal with it and what we are going to do with a newborn and a toddler who won't sleep. I am now a little concerned that she might be in the beginnings of dropping her day sleeps as some days they are very short, or late in the day. Today 25 minutes and that was it. She had her best sleep in over 12 months (possibly ever) last night - 9 hours straight from 9pm (late bedtime) to 6am. Hoping for another good night tonight but kind of expecting at least one wake up. DH and I both woke up around 4am and couldn't go back to sleep for a while last night, me from waiting for DD to wake, and DH because he has been on early shifts at work. We ended up having a little chat - lol!

Lilolil - I've stopped all exercise and suspended my gym membership because I wasn't going even without being pregnant. I was going to cancel it but they talked me into a suspension (no charge). I might want to go back especially if I have trouble shifting the baby weight this time around. I am going to start pregnancy pilates though from next week. There is a class I can just take DD along to if needed.

#19 Tippi-toes

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

Lilolil we will definatly be finding out if its a blue or pink one, on the 10/4 (Ekk)
I agree calling it it is driving me nuts... everyone guessing is also irrating... your eating heaps of sweet stuff its a girl, you didnt have morning sickness - its a boy! Arg just wanna know! But only 10 days to go now! yay.

Raone - Big congratulations on a boy! Either way its soo exciting!

I havent been emotional yet but I did have dizzy spell Thursday morning  which gave myself and Dh a bit of a fright.  All is good though, supposedly it happens for many reasons and I just  gotta keep the fluids up and slow down a bit.  Was a good excuse to take a day off work and helped me decide that its best to go part time/casual in early May.

I'm still walking 5 times a week, 40 mins each time (we have 2 big dogs they get a 20 min walk each almost every morning), and i've just stated pilates (not high impact but no change from my pre-pregggy routine).  

Getting 'bubbles in my tummy but sometimes they feel too high to be bubs so not sure... looking forward to seeing it in action on the next scan, its always nice to get extra piece of mind that the bambino is happy and healthy in there! original.gif

Good luck to everyone!

#20 CCABW

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Hi everyone

Tippi-toes - I hear you on the dizzy spells - my Ob told me it was because of low blood pressure.  Not much you can do except rest as much as you can and try not to do too much.  Oh and have a couple of coffees a day wink.gif .

michie0moo - yeah, I know it's the lack of sleep and the hormones but gosh it's really powerful stuff.  I found myself bawling my eyes out on Friday just because i saw my son's friend ignoring him before school (didn't bother my son one bit) but i went home so upset sad.gif .  I was upset for the whole day - totally ridiculous!!! I hope your DD is sleeping a bit better for you - it's hard work trying to get everyone to sleep so that you can be ready for the next arrival!  How old is your DD?  Maybe it is time to drop the day sleep, if it means a better night for all of you. Good luck with it - my 3rd was a shocking sleeper and I had to totally retrain his night habits (he was co-sleeping and breastfeeding all night) but getting him a dummy and patting him to drowsy (not asleep) worked wonders.

ms-marti - we are scan buddies! I, too, have mine on Wednesday and I'm petrified!

raone - thanks for the good wishes - I almost want to find out the sex to give me something else to focus on.  But no. I want this one to be a surprise like the others original.gif .

White-Lily - the house is on the road to recovery, thanks.  Finally!  Although now I have a cold mad.gif and am busy dosing myself up on honey and lemon drinks.  

Lilolil - what you are feeling are probably movements.  It can be hard to be sure but when you find yourself asking yourself over and over "was that a kick?" chances are it was! I find having a cold drink and lying down will usually get the little one going!  I have to say though that this time i don't actually have much time for lying down and focusing on baby's movements so I will be glad to take another peek at bubs at the scan next week.

AFM - I am suffering withdrawals from MKR.  Nothing else takes my interest on TV so I am finding myself in bed at ridiculous times, like 8pm laugh.gif .  But then, of course I wake in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep cos I've gone to bed too early.  Typical!

#21 michie0moo

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

CCABW - hope your cold gets better quickly. So annoying at the best of times but I find them especially so when pregnant and you can't really take anything.
DD has slept better 2 nights in the last week (though not in a row yet), and it was the days she only had really short day sleeps - like 30 minutes. Last night to sleep at 8pm and up at 6:15!!!! She is still breastfed to or close to sleep for all sleeps unless she falls asleep in the car. It is a work in progress trying to wean her off of it. Sometimes she will go into bed a little awake and if I sit there with her will go to sleep, other times she insists on getting back up for more breastmilk. She ditched dummies at 6 months and we tried very hard at the time to get her to take it back - I know, the opposite to most parents - as this was also when her sleep got really difficult to manage. She is 22 months at the end of the week and I wonder if maybe talking her though it might be better. She seems to "get" a lot of things, but also will insist if she has been put into bed that she wants "more gullgull" (her word for breastmilk) and then gets really worked up if I say "no more" - cue hysterical screaming. Quite often this is after she has been in bed for a while and then it takes ages to get her back into bed because I can't put her back in drowsy as the movement of going back into bed fires her up again. Sigh. I'm glad that we are making a little progress though. I think that she would eventually learn to give up the feed to sleep on her own too, but I'm just not sure we can wait for her to do it on her schedule.
Good luck for you scan on Wednesday.

Lilolil - it is so tricky to work out if they are movements at first, but I agree with CCABW, if you think they are, they probably are.

Tippi toes
- oh poor thing with the dizzy spells. They can be quite scary. I had some early in the piece but none since (touch wood).

AFM - getting more consistent movement now which is good. I find it so reassuring to get those little bumps from time to time. Other than that, not much happening. I re-submitted my thesis corrections (these have taken ages) to my supervisor but she can't look at them for at least another week. And she couldn't figure out how to use dropbox. Hoping that she has it worked out now otherwise I'll have to split all the files to make them small enough to email.
Also, I think some virus/spambot got into my hotmail account and emailed all my contacts about some amazing iPad deal. Very annoying. I changed my password but I don't want to have to cancel my account as I have all my subscriptions to that account. I'm super vigilant about what I open so not sure how I could have prevented it.

#22 White-Lily

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Just quickly from me

We had the 19 week scan on Friday and it went brilliantly!! We have a perfect healthy baby on board. Still measuring ahead but its got all the right bits in the right spots. Bub was a bit uncooperative, just like DD always was but we got there in the end with A LOT of poking and prodding (ouch!).
Gender is still a surprise! I really thought one of us would cave and find out but we remained strong! The sonographer didn't give anything away (if he even noticed?) and kept well clear of any potty shots so we don't even have an inkling!

DH and I have worked out my maternity leave so I really should tell work... I promise to tell work before the end of the week...

Seeing the OB this arvo so will hopefully get another peek at bubby.

Hope everyone is well

#23 lakurumau

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

Hi all fellow Augusters,

I'm due on August 17th with my second and last child. We have a nearly-four-year-old daughter, and the morphology scan the other wee showed a healthy baby boy, after some previous concern over the heart.

Sorting through my old baby clothes today! We have a surprising quantity of clothes suitable for a boy even though daughter wore a massive amount of pink.

Pregnancy is going...meh. My body doesn't really handle pregnancy well, although last time was worse. Basically life is on hold until August, and I wish I could just hibernate for the next 20 weeks, but otherwise no complaints and I'm enjoying shopping online for maternity wear.   biggrin.gif

Nice to "meet" you all!

#24 firsttimer77

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

We had our 19w scan last Friday too and everything seems to be going well. Bub was measuring a few days smaller than expected but apart from that fine. I'm still leaving my due date as 20th August.

We didn't find out the sex and don't think we could have seen what it was even if we wanted to. Bub was on its front for most of the scan making it hard at times to get various measurements.

Feeling movements everyday now which is really nice rolleyes.gif . I have finally popped out but still not very big. Just enough to not fit my normal work pants anymore!

A few of your have mentioned dizzy spells. I had this problem last time. For me it wasn't due to low blood pressure but a low iron count. Perhaps get your doctor to have a check of that too. I had to take the Blackmores Pregnancy Gold, an iron table and an iron rich oral liquid each day. Touch wood no problems like that this time around. .

Anyway, I hope that you are all happy and well. Take care. biggrin.gif

#25 CCABW

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Hello everyone

Just got back from the big scan.  Everything looking perfect so am very happy about that!

Well done to eveyone else who has had a great scan recently!!

And good news that the cold appears to have gone, so Yay!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.