TTC While Breastfeeding #71

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

#51 Starblossom

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

I did another OPK today and it's faded so looks like I ovulated sometime between Sunday and Tuesday. I think!
I'm going to test on the 13th. Actually I have like a thousand pregnancy tests so will probably be p*ssing on them every day next week lol! Like I said though I'm not hopeful for this month as we only DTD once. Went out today and bought a whole heap of vitamins to start taking so at least am doing things to work toward being healthy to conceive again. Also am trying to lose weight.
Good luck with your BDing Racheal! I really hope you catch the egg!
Happy Easter everyone. original.gif

#52 Starblossom

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Well I'm out. Just went to the loo and wiped and there was pinky mucousy blood so looks like a period is coming.

I wasnt expecting to be pregnant but I'm still a smudge disappointed. sad.gif oh well, at least I can track my cycle properly next month and keep trying.

Hope everyone else is good.

#53 RachealJane

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 PM

Starblossom sorry you are spotting, it could be implantation bleed... was this your first cycle, i cant remember. I had really short luteal phase for the first few cycles. I think one might of even been only 4 or 5 days.

AFM - I had another strong positive on my OPK this morning. So im thinking i went to O on Monday when the OPK was super strong but because Sophie was sick and feeding all day the hormone surge went down on Tuesday and but then straight back up again on Wed, Thurs and Fri.

#54 Starblossom

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (RachealJane @ 06/04/2012, 04:52 PM)
14465403[/url]']
Starblossom sorry you are spotting, it could be implantation bleed... was this your first cycle, i cant remember. I had really short luteal phase for the first few cycles. I think one might of even been only 4 or 5 days.

AFM - I had another strong positive on my OPK this morning. So im thinking i went to O on Monday when the OPK was super strong but because Sophie was sick and feeding all day the hormone surge went down on Tuesday and but then straight back up again on Wed, Thurs and Fri.

This was my second cycle but a long one. I think my first cycle was like 60 days plus or something and this one has probably been just as long. I have just put a pad on so I think the bleeding is getting heavier. Nevermind I suppose, at least it means my AF are coming back. I have like thousands of opks so am going to p*ss on them every day when the bleeding stops.
Oooh good luck Racheal! How is your DD? I hope she is better? Poor chook. My DS is teething at the moment so super clingy!

#55 Maybebebe

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi ladies:)

Hope you don't mind a breastfeeding Mama dropping in to ask a question original.gif

I am currently fully breastfeeding my youngest child, & 4 days ago had all the symptoms of ovulation, (heaps of EWCM, & pain over right ovary.)  4 days later it appears that my period is starting.  I've noticed one post above where someone has had an extremely short luteal phase.  Has anyone else found this to be the norm whilst breastfeeding?

#56 RachealJane

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Maybebebe Hi, of course you can ask a question  original.gif  It was me that mentioned the very short luteal phase. It is totally normal for breastfeeding mothers and will generally fix itself over time but i am so badly wanting another child now that i have chosen to help it fix itself quicker by trying B6 and Vitex vitamins. So far it has worked great. Some others who have tried Vitex have found that it mucked their cycle around a bit by Ovulation later and things like that, but for me it has helped.

Starblossom how are you going? Did it turn out to be your period?

How was everyone's Easter weekend?
Good Friday we spent the day mowing lawns, but Saturday we had a get together with my hubby's family for my SIL's birthday, then Sunday it was my eldest Niece's 18th Birthday get together with my family. But the best was saved til last, yesterday was an impromptu dinner at our new house with most of my hubby's family after the boys had been out fishing and caught a bucket load of fish and then we all played guitar hero  biggrin.gif  fun!

Racheal, TTC#2, BF: DD 23 mths, Cycle 7, CD 27, possibly 5dpo

Edited by RachealJane, 10 April 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#57 organic~sab

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hi ladies! Sorry i've been MIA, just finding it hard to get on here. I already spend too much time on facebook and im trying to spend less time on the computer. Just thought i'd let you know I got my BFP today yay! Don't give up ladies, DS is still mainly breastfed, so it can happen! Good luck everyone and Congrats to all the BFP's i've missed.

#58 RachealJane

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (organic~sab @ 10/04/2012, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi ladies! Sorry i've been MIA, just finding it hard to get on here. I already spend too much time on facebook and im trying to spend less time on the computer. Just thought i'd let you know I got my BFP today yay! Don't give up ladies, DS is still mainly breastfed, so it can happen! Good luck everyone and Congrats to all the BFP's i've missed.

Thats awesome! Massive congrats  cclap.gif

AFM im not holding out much hope for this cycle, i already feel a little crampy like AF is on its way.

#59 Happy_daisy

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Yay Sab! Very happy for you original.gif

#60 Maybebebe

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:41 AM

RachealJane - Thankyou for the reply original.gif Definitely AF, so a very short luteal phase.  I have some B group vitamins in the cupboard, that I purchased for another reason, but I think I'll get them out & give them a go.

#61 ruth79

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

oooooh, congrats organicsab!!! it's the first time i've checked in here in months and i find this news!

afm STILL NO AF. ds turns 14 months tomorrow. i work 4 days a week but the days i'm home he usually feeds to sleep for his nap. but he still feeds at least 3 times a night, and often much more. sigh. would really like to be pregnant in the next few months but not sure i can bear to wean him yet...

#62 stickymicky

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Congrats Organic_Sab! Very exciting news and some hope for the rest of us!

ruth79 Wow are you me? ph34r.gif hehe. DD is also 14mo and I still haven't had return of AF. I'm also working 4 days/week with extra feeds on my days off, although DD has been sleeping through the night since 10mo. I'm getting increasingly impatient about getting my cycle back as been wanting to TTC for AGES but still torn about weaning.

I had heard (on this thread!) that the average time to get AF back is 14mo for breastfeeding mothers so I had that milestone in my head and now its come and gone with still no sign of AF so not sure how much longer I can bear to wait. But then I can't bear to wean either. So umm yeah. Waiting waiting...

Racheal- hope the cramps are due to something other than AF.. keep us posted.

Hope everyone else is well and lots of BFPs around the corner!

#63 ruth79

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well if 14 months is the average that actually means that up to half of women get theirs back later than that! It's only the average for women who demand feed, and feed lying down, I think I read.

Wow, she's been sleeping through the night for so long? Awesome! I can only dream of that...

My friends who weaned when their babies were about this age (mind you they were pregnant already) said they felt sad about it before they did it but great afterwards... Still it's a tough one. I don't want to give it up yet!

#64 stickymicky

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (ruth79 @ 14/04/2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if 14 months is the average that actually means that up to half of women get theirs back later than that! It's only the average for women who demand feed, and feed lying down, I think I read.

That's a good point.. I just feel like Im the only one still waiting for fertility to return! Hmm I had no idea that feeding lying down would have an affect? I feed lying down A LOT (tired after work!) but I will try sitting up more if it makes a difference!

Wow, she's been sleeping through the night for so long? Awesome! I can only dream of that...

I know it feels like a miracle because she was never ever a 'good' sleeper.. we co-slept from birth and she typically woke up 3-4+ times a night. All the other girls from my Mthrs Grp had babies who were 'self settling' and sleeping all the way through. But I had resigned myself to just being a zombie. Then we got back from an interstate holiday (in which she had been very unsettled at nights) and she just slept the whole night long in her own cot. I thought she was just jetlagged but she has been sleeping through ever since... which is great although I do sometimes miss those nighttime snuggles.

My friends who weaned when their babies were about this age (mind you they were pregnant already) said they felt sad about it before they did it but great afterwards... Still it's a tough one. I don't want to give it up yet!

I don't feel ready to give it up either. Spending all day at work and her spending the whole night in her cot I feel breastfeeding is such a lovely way for us to connect.

Anyway I'm off to a baby shower for one of my Mothers Grp friends today! She has a 14mo and has another baby due next month. She got pregnant while demand feeding AND she was on the mini pill and hadn't had her AF back! Didn't even realise she was pregnant until 17wks.. Lucky Duck!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

#65 RachealJane

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

ruth79 Hi Ruth, the average is actually 15 months (according to the ABA's last conference) so you are still within 'normal' range. I have never heard about lying down effecting anything, is it because you probably feed for longer if you are lying down because you fall asleep?

AFM - i have been testing the last few day and they have all been negative. I should be due for AF tomorrow.

Racheal, TTC#2, BF: DD 23 mths, Cycle 7, CD 33, 11dpo

#66 Blossom73

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

Hi everyone, hoping I can join you all - I'm still bf'ing my 14 month old but am in the process of weaning - is that ok?

#67 Happy_daisy

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Welcome Blossom! We'd love to have you original.gif Were you in the TTC#1 Grads BG? I think I recognise your username but may be mistaken...

Sorry to hear about the negative tests Rachael sad.gif hope next month is your month!

That's really interesting about fertility being affected by BFing lying down, I didn't know that. For the record, at least one of my feeds each day is when we're lying down, and have had regular periods for almost 6 months.

AFM: AF arrived yesterday, so that's officially CD1. Back to TTC! Yay! Now just to wait till AF leaves so we can get down to BDing  dev (6).gif

#68 Guest_Zombiekitten_*

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Hi!
Hope I can join you, I am currently breastfeeding my 7 1/2 month old and am about to start TTC#2. At the moment DD is in 3-4 BF's a day and I have just started back at work sad.gif so she is having 1 bottle of formula the 3 days I work. I had 1 AF when DD was 5 weeks old but since then nothing. I thought AF was on it's way on Thursday but was only 2 days of light spotting then stopped so for the moment I'm just going by CM and OPKs and hoping my cycles return soon!

#69 indigo99

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Hi Everyone

I would really like to join this group.

My DS is 13 months and trying for #2.
I had a m/c last month and my OB suggested possibly weaning but i am reluctant to yet as DS still loves his milk.
Not sure how long it will take to for my period come back after a D&C, so more waiting i guess original.gif

#70 Blossom73

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Thanks Happy _daisy! You may be thinking of another Blossom (I hope there aren't too many!) as its not me.

We are going to start TTC this month, as being 38, I don't have any time to lose really. I'm still carrying about 5 kilos of my pregnancy weight too, so trying to accomplish losing that as well. I got my period back 1 day after I returned to work when my son was 10.5 months - not impressed! I'm now on my 4th cycle.

We are still on 1 BF a day, and have had some sleeping through, but little man is waking at night again lately. Last night he thought 3 am was a good time to chat.  huh.gif

Hope everyone gets their BFP soon!

#71 RachealJane

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hi, welcome to the group, we've had a few people leave recently with their BFP's so some new faces joining us is great!

I have found that if you can update every few posts with this simple tag line, that i'll post below, it helps us keep up with everyone.

It goes:

Preferred name, TTC #?, age of child being breastfed, cycle number, cycle day

So mine looks like this today:

Racheal, TTC#2, BF: DD 23 mths, Cycle 8, CD 2

indigo99 - i've had one D&C before and it only delayed my next cycle by about 2 weeks. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage, hopefully you'll go back to normal soon.

Zombiekitten - wow only 3 to 4 breastfeeds a day at 7.5 months, my DD must still feed like a newborn, on and off all day  biggrin.gif
Thats good that you are using OPK's, you should be able to see when you O again a bit easier, i have found it a god send because if i was just going off other signs i would never have pinpointed O yet. Hopefully your cycle does return soon for you.

Blossom73 - best of luck with cycle number 4, do you think you have O'd yet?

AFM - unfortunately AF arrived shortly after yesterdays post, onwards and upwards for next cycle hey.  cool.gif

#72 Guest_Zombiekitten_*

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:07 AM

Racheal- Sorry to hear AF arrived.
DD is feeding 30 minutes- 1 hour each feed so they're long ones. Some days are more but usually she's happy with 4. I demand feed and she's not waking at night and she's putting on weight so my doctor said it's all good.

Indigo- Sorry to hear about your MC. I hope your cycles start back up soon.

I keep getting cramps like AF is coming but only ever get the lightest spotting for a few hours. Did anyone else get this before their cycles started back up?

Zombie TTC#2 Cycle-nonexistant.

#73 Blossom73

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thanks Rachael, sorry AF arrived - onwards and upwards definitely.

Pretty sure I have o'd in my last cycle, so fingers crossed we won't have to wait too long for a BFP.

Sorry about your MC Indigo, hope cycles start back up soon.

This is me:

Blossom73, TTC#2, BF: DS 14 months, Cycle 4, CD 4

#74 stickymicky

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hello to all the Newbies! Its so nice to have you all here! May your stay be short and sweet!
Rachael- that really sucks about the arrival of AF. You are doing well to put on such a brave face.  Big hugs to you. Best of luck for cycle4! (I always feel even numbers tend to be luckier than odds  original.gif )
Zombiekitten- I'm pretty sure my DD was having about 4 feeds per day at 8mo too (and about 2 per night as well- don't miss those!) With your cramps and spotting it certainly sounds like AF is around the corner. Hope so!
Blossom73- I'm also 5kgs above my pre-preggo weight and working on shifting that while I patiently (ha!) wait for AF to come back.  Hope your 4th cycle is lucky for you
Indigo99- so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I hope you don't have long to wait for AF. I'm surprised your OB suggested weaning, do they think BF increases miscarriage risk?
Happy Daisy- yay for being back on the TTC train!! Wouldn't it be great if you got pregnant first go! Wheeeee!

stickymicky, TTC #2, DD 14mo, Cycle 0- still waiting for return of AF

#75 Happy_daisy

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Welcome newbies! As Rachael said, we've had a few BFPs recently so could do with some new members original.gif

QUOTE (stickymicky @ 17/04/2012, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Happy Daisy- yay for being back on the TTC train!! Wouldn't it be great if you got pregnant first go! Wheeeee!

I know, I'm so hoping that happens!!! hands.gif

Nothing much to report, just waiting for

Happy_Daisy, TTC #2, DD 16mo, Cycle...um...2? biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Recall: Another cot deemed unsafe

Parents are being warned to check their baby's cot is not one of those which have been recalled in recent weeks due to safety concerns.

The truth about breastfeeding and weightloss

Celebrities often state that their post-baby weight loss is down to breastfeeding, and breastfeeding alone. But that's not the reality for all women.

10 weird things little kids do

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. It's usually nothing to worry about, but every now and again you might find yourself scratching your head and asking, ?Really? Is that really a thing??

The app that helps detect signs of autism

Parents can assess their children's progress at critical developmental stages, thanks to this new app.

Long battle to learn the truth about Ariana's birth

Cerise and Tim Lawn spent two years fighting to find out how a healthy pregnancy turned into a nightmare birth, and why their daughter now suffers from disabilities she shouldn't have.

Christina Aguilera announces daughter's name

Christina Aguilera and her fiance, Matt Rutler, have welcomed their daughter into the world.

Couple caught in surrogacy crackdown

An Australian couple caught up in Thailand's surrogacy crackdown have said many parents are distraught and facing dire financial difficulties as are they are unable to bring their surrogate-born babies home.

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

5 co-sleeping myths busted

In case you are co-sleeping with your baby, and all the ?helpful? advice from others is sending you down the slippery slope of self-doubt, let?s bust a few myths on the topic.

When pregnancy takes you down memory lane

One mum-to-be discovers pregnancy hormones can give rise to some surprising emotions.

What?s your love language?

The secret to making your partner feel special is to know which language of love they favour ? and it?s the same for your kids, too.

Returning to exercise after a caesarean

I had my daughter four months ago via caesarean, and I want to get back into exercise. What are some good first steps I can take?

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Whether they're out of favour traditional names, or the parents were a little creative, here are the least popular names of 2013.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.