Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Happy_daisy

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Gold!!
Sorry couldn't help it, I know I'm just lurking but I thought I'd claim it anyway Tounge1.gif
How is everyone? Any BFPs to report?

#3 stickymicky

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Ooh silver!It's been ages since I've updated (as had zilch to report- still not had AF, no interesting CM, Dd is now 14mo) but thought I'd come out of lurkdom to say im hopefully not too far off ovulating.. Did an OPK yesterday as had fair bit of CM and for the first time ever there was two lines! Okay so the 2nd line was still lighter than the test which I realise is negative.. But surely LESS negative than only having one line?? (please correct me if im wrong) So think I'll do a daily OPK test and see what happens.. Hopefully something will happen soon!

#4 jemsoli

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

BRONZE!

I had a username change in case you were wondering wink.gif

Stickymicky I definately believe that OPKs get darker on their way to ovulation - they most surely do for me. Fingers crossed it will be soon.

Afm CD28 and finally starting to get darker lines on the OPKs, so excited, hopefully I O soon so we can get back on the TTC wagon properly. It's so hard the first few cycles cos everything is just so irregular - for me it is anyway.

#5 emiboo

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

marking spot...

#6 Honey Pot

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well I'm 10dpo and I just got a BFP on a First Response. I'd done a couple of IC's over the past few days (as I do every cycle) and thought there may have been a very faint line yesterday so thought I'd check today. It feels a little surreal. No EPS yet and I thought I was having surgery next week. Talk about timing!!

#7 stickymicky

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

thesame!!!That is so wonderful!!! Congrats!!Keep us posted on everything! Does this mean your surgery will be postponed?What a lovely surprise Xoxo
ps. What is an IC?

#8 Honey Pot

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

Thanks SM. I haven't done another test yet as I'm worried it won't have got darker yet as the line is very faint. I might test again tomorrow. IC's stand for Internet cheapies. I was about to buy another bulk pack but hopefully I won't need to now. Surgury will be postponed although I'm not sure what this will mean for the placenta attaching. I think it will just be a wait and see approach.

I hope you're on your way to O now. A slight 2nd line and lots of CM certainly sounds like a good sign. original.gif

#9 emiboo

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

what wonderful news, thesame! pics please Tounge1.gif

#10 RachealJane

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hi girls. Sorry have been a way for a few days, my Nanna passed away so all the family traveled up to Taree for the funeral on Friday. It was a lovely service and Sophie was really good for it too, thank goodness for breastfeeding. I just sat up the back with her and fed her to sleep  biggrin.gif  

thesame  ddance.gif thats wonderful news. Congrats! I love to see BFP pics too so if you've got one can you post it please?
Now you can join the grad group over here: http://www.essentialbaby.com.au/forums/ind...howtopic=966287

jemso wow Jess, cd 28 is so late to ovulate, it makes for such a long cycle doesnt it?! I usually O around cycle day 19.

stickymicky - Sounds hopeful that something will happen soon. I would keep testing daily now too.

Happy_daisy - Hi  waves.gif

AFM - hopefully will be ovulating again soon and start the BDing again. Also I havent updated this for ages:

Racheal, TTC#2, BF: DD 23 mths, Cycle 7, CD 11

#11 emiboo

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

Racheal Sorry to hear about your Nanna. It is great to be able to breastfeed wherever and whenever, isn't it?! We were planning on weaning at 12m, but I don't even mind if DS is not weaned by 24m now! Do you have plans to wean?

emiboo - TTC#2, BF: DS 15 mths, Cycle 4, CD 31, DPO 15 (i think!)

#12 jemsoli

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

the same congrats on your BFP!!!

rachel so sorry to hear about your nanna sad.gif hope you and your family are ok xxx

afm have had a confusing few days. FF saw my temp rise 2 days in a row and decided i ovulated on CD29, even though i had NO other signs at all, so i was pretty upset that we had missed the window. then i did an OPK and it was darker than the previous day (though still -ive) and todays temp was down again so FF has taken it off my chart LOL.

i have almost all other signs of ovulation going for me, CM and cervix position and feel are good, just waiting for positive OPK now!

jemso - TTC#3, BF DD2 6 months, Cycle 1, CD33

#13 RachealJane

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Have you done any HPT's emiboo? When are you going to test?

QUOTE (emiboo @ 26/03/2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have plans to wean?

At the moment my plan is to let her self wean. I have heard it is quite common for them to self wean when mum is pregnant again but i also like the idea of tandem feeding as i think it would help a lot with sibling bonding.
My sister weaned her boys at 3yrs of age. The first one because she was 6 months pregnant with the second and it was quite sensitive/painful for her, and the second one because she was just ready to stop.
I feel comfortable continuing to breastfeed Sophie even though i get a couple of snide comments here and there about it (even from family members) so i'll see how i feel and im sure she wont feed forever  wink.gif

QUOTE (jemso @ 26/03/2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have almost all other signs of ovulation going for me, CM and cervix position and feel are good, just waiting for positive OPK now!

Hi Jess. I would go with the other good signs rather then the temps just because your temps probably wont be as accurate if you are getting up at all during the night.
What time of day do you use your OPK's? I always use FMU even though it says not to, and then around O i also do one around lunchtime too to compare it to the morning one.

Best of luck!

#14 Starblossom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:07 AM

Newbie here, can I join?

I am currently demand feeding my 6 month old son but DH and I have decided to try for another one as time is not my friend.

I had one period back at 4 months and then nothing since. I've started using OPKs but am not 100% what I'm doing with them.

Congrats to thesame and hope to see more BFPs here soon!

#15 emiboo

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Hello Starblossom original.gif

Unfortunately this group is full - sorry just joking!! Of course you can join! I hope your stay here is a short one, for all the best reasons original.gif

Racheal

Yeah our plan is also to let him self-wean. DH was pretty sure that Hezekiah would be finished by 12m but as time went by, he realised that Hezekiah wasn't going to have any of this weaning business, so DH is now so incredibly supportive of it to the point that he almost pushes me to not wean DS. My in-laws are also really supportive of it which is great. And my siblings and I weren't breastfed and grew up with really bad allergies (all three of us had really bad chronic eczema - mine was head to toe and 'severe', so much that my dermatologist suggested that I be hospitalized for it) and so although my mum thought it was weird that Hezekiah was still being breastfed, she seems to think that his being breastfed has given him great skin and none of the allergies we had.

As usual I won't be testing until like... I'm quite sure that I've missed my period. Let's say CD42, which is April 7. April 7 2010 was the last time I took an HPT. No real reason for the delay, except I take disappointment about stuff like this badly. sad.gif

#16 Starblossom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hi Emiboo, Thanks for the welcome original.gif
I'm sure you've all covered these questions before but just wondering who has and when did you get a regularish period or are you all TTC with irregular periods?
I have been using OPKs but I think we just missed the egg. (the opks are getting lighter).
Does anyone know if I'm meant to use the opk at the same time everyday?

#17 Honey Pot

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

I'm so sorry about your Nanna RJ. sad.gif  Losing someone so close to you is a huge loss. Thanks for posting the grad group too as I don't think I would have found it otherwise. Hope we can both head over there soon. (although what does TWB stand for?)

So if you were UTD emiboo would you be due in Nov or Dec? I'm hoping you can join me in the December mums group in a few months time when you eventually cave and test.  biggrin.gif Fingers crossed.  I also had terrible childhood eczema (as well as as an adult) and suffer from asthma and allergies too.  Doctors always assume I wasn't breastfed (so they obviously think there's something to it) but actually my mum breastfed me to over 12 months. Imagine what I'd be like if she hadn't!! It was definitely one of the reasons I wanted to breastfeed DS though and he has (surprisingly) beautiful skin.  Although he seems to be developing a slight allergy (a bit of a rash around his eyes and nose) and I can't figure out what it's from. Maybe dust??  He's done pretty well considering his genes though.

Jess it sounds to me like you're only coming up to O now. I think you probably know your own body a little better than FF so I'd go with your gut. I hope that OPK turns positive for you very soon. original.gif

Welcome Starblossom. I hope your stay here is short and sweet. I think it can take a little while for your body to settle into a normal cycle again post baby and particularly when still breastfeeding.  I had AF at 3 months post birth (although DS did start to sleep through the night around then) but then didn't get another one for another 4 months at which point it settled into a longer (but regular) cycle.  I hope yours doesn't take quite so long to show up for the 2nd time though. I think you're supposed to use OPK's around the same time each day just in case you miss the surge. From what everyone has said around here (and in my experience too) is that they generally are positive for a couple of days anyway so it may not be that important if you know what I mean.

Anyway after testing at 10DPO and getting a faint 2nd line, I waited until 12DPO to test again (slightly darker but not dark enough for my liking). So I tested again today at 14DPO and the line is nice an dark so I'm considering myself PREGNANT!!!!  All 3 tests in order from top (10dpo) to bottom (14dpo) in pic below.

#18 Starblossom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

Congratulations Thesame! original.gif those are some nice new you have there! Gosh does it feel real yet? How exciting!
Thank you for the info. I did another opk today and it is starting to go dark again. Not really sure what this means. Ive only done 4, the first had 2 lines but one line was light, the next had 2 lines but was lighter, the next had one line and then today there are 2 lines    and the faint line is as dark as the first one I did a few days ago.
I know it's only positive when the lines are the same colour but wtf.
Maybe I should keep at it with DH. Mind you DS's sleeping is shocking at the moment so I am too tired! I'll do another again tomorrow and see what it's like.

#19 jemsoli

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

rachealjane i have been doing 2 OPKs a day since about CD10. i do one in the morning and one around 2pm.

starblossom welcome! i got my first AF back at 4 months too, but unfortunately for me it also coincided with DD2 going through 4 month sleep regression (which hasnt progressed back to sleeping through either) so my first cycle was 57 days or something. this cycle i am at CD35 and i dont think i have ovulated yet. i am currently taking vitex to help regulate my cycle so hopefully it goes back to a normalish length next month. my OPKs are going dark to light, to dark to light. it is so confusing :S

afm still no positive OPK here, but i erm, relieved DF last night so hopefully it isnt positive for a few more days LOL.

#20 Starblossom

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (jemso @ 28/03/2012, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
starblossom welcome! i got my first AF back at 4 months too, but unfortunately for me it also coincided with DD2 going through 4 month sleep regression (which hasnt progressed back to sleeping through either) so my first cycle was 57 days or something. this cycle i am at CD35 and i dont think i have ovulated yet. i am currently taking vitex to help regulate my cycle so hopefully it goes back to a normalish length next month. my OPKs are going dark to light, to dark to light. it is so confusing :S

afm still no positive OPK here, but i erm, relieved DF last night so hopefully it isnt positive for a few more days LOL.

What is vitex? Where can you get it from?

My DS doesn't sleep through the night and never has. But thankfully he has always been a shocking sleeper so we never had a sleep regression (gotta look at the positives right!?)

What does CD stand for?

I think you have a 6 month old baby as well?

#21 jemsoli

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Starblossom - CD is cycle day. Vitex is a vitamin that is supposed to help with PMT and regulating cycles etc. I also read somewhere online it can help with milk supply. I just got it from the chemist. And yep, my DD2 is 6.5 months biggrin.gif

#22 Holidayromp

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hi Ladies

Can I please join this group?

I have been TTC since October 2011.  I am currently bfing my almost 20 month son.  I have a history of on bfing my children with DD1 and DD2 until they were 3 and a half.  There is four years each child. DD1 self weaned when I was a few months pregnant with DD2 and the same with DD2 when I was pregnant with DS.

My cycles have only been normal for the past 7 months but DS is still an avid breastfeeding with still day and night feeds - he still has not learnt to sleep through.  It is isn't a problem though as we co-sleep.

This is the first time we have attempted TTC this early. Normally we have a four year gap we were aiming for two this time round with what will be our last child.  I am also 38 so time is running out for us.

Anyway we started TTC in October and I fell pregnant straight away unfortunately I knew right from the get go that it wasn't viable and just wanted to get it over and done with....I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum.  Unfortunately I went naturally - I no choice - and as feared it has stuffed around with my body and as a result I lost 3 cycles as Hcg took ages coming down and this has been my first cycle (March) that I have been relatively normal.  I am so angry that that has done this to me I as know that I would have been pregnant by now had I not been mucked around with.

I am now 8dpo and not holding out much hope for this cycle either.  I will test on Saturday with FMU and take it from there - I am 95% sure that I am not.

Bfing has not affected my cycles so I am sure that it is not that and I conceived DD1 and DD2 whilst breastfeeding.  However my cycles returned before 3 months with DS it too until he was 14 months that my cycles returned to normal - I was all over the place with very long cycles and very few periods!

That is practically my life story until now.  I have been posting in the TTC now thread but it is running far too slow.

#23 RachealJane

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:03 PM

Hi ladies, its been very busy in here compared to normal. Nice to meet you newbies!

thesame thanks so much for posting the pics, line getting darker looks awesome!

Starblossom i got my 1st period at 15 months postpartum and that first cycle was about 40 days long and then it has been 'regular' each month but just decreasing in length each time to a more normalish length.
I use Vitex and 100MG of B6 a day as my luteal phase was very short at first, only 6 or 7 days, but it is now back to 'my normal' 10 day luteal phase.

Holidayromp my DD is 23 months old and still feeds all day and night and we cosleep too. I hope to feed Sophie for as long as you have your older children, thats lovely to hear that they weaned gently and naturally whilst you were pregnant with the next, thats what i hope happens for us too.

Racheal, TTC#2, BF: DD 23 mths, Cycle 7, CD 14

#24 emiboo

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:24 PM

hi thesame those pics are so pervable (i like perving on bfp pictures. sometimes i just google bfp images and look through them. dh thinks it's weird to do that.) i would also like to join you in the december dig!! if i was pregnant my baby would also be due in december, like my ds who is now 15m. it would be nice to fall pregnant this month because dh has been on holidays, just like with ds. AND it would have been our fourth cycle... just like with ds. i think i'll be v disappointed if i'm not pregnant this month, much more than with any other month. but we will see. it's up to God what he wants for our family.

holidayromp i'm sorry to hear that that blighted ovum caused you so much heartache. i did not know that blighted ova (that's the word, right?) would cause so many problems; i thought it would be like a miscarriage (not that miscarriages aren't terrible) that one would usually recover from in six weeks or so. and welcome to the group original.gif

starblossom ds slept through at 8 weeks and i was pretty pleased with myself. but then at five months he forgot how to and has been waking up once a night ever since (now 15mo). he's probably slept through maybe five times since he was 5mo. but it doesn't bother me coz it only takes a 2min feed and then he's back on his tummy with his butt in the air.

#25 Starblossom

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Morning ladies!

Hope everyone is well. I did another OPK last night and it's lighter again. Don't really know what's going on! I'm hoping I get a period soon so I can track things properly, I'm having cramps, moodiness and bad acne from hell but so truly hoping it's on it's way.

HolidayRomp: sorry to hear about your blighted ovum. I hope you recover well and get a BFP ASAP.

Emiboo: Good luck for this month! It'd be nice to tie up the end of the year with a BFP.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Clever panda fakes pregnancy

News that a giant panda was pregnant prompted much excitement, but it appears there were never any cubs on the way.

'I survived placenta percreta'

When writing her birth plan, Simone Pavil included an item most women wouldn?t even think about: what should happen if she was put on life support. The mum had the potentially fatal condition placenta accreta.

Managing personal space as a mum

In the midst of the early parenting years, our bodies and minds can seemingly be overtaken by our offspring. How can we balance our need for personal space with the needs of our children?

'If love could have saved you, you'd have never left'

The words "spontaneous abortion" on the hospital paperwork really got to me. My baby died; I didn't spontaneously decide to abort him.

15 classic Aussie ads

Watch some of the classic Australian ads of the 80s, 90s and 00s, and remember the catchphrases and jingles we all used to know so well ...

For and against

Should Blue Ivy have been at the VMAs?

Many were quick to condemn Beyonce and Jay Z after appearing on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards with their two-year-old daughter, but others thought it was a sweet family moment. What do you think?

Toddler attacked at gym creche

Two-year-old girl Eva Ness was left with a black eye and bite marks on her face and body after an altercation with an older child at a health club's child-minding facilities. Now her parents are calling for the centre to be closed.

Pregnancy a tricky matter of timing for FIFO couples

Manipulating rosters, coordinating 'conjugal' visits, working on site with your partner; getting pregnant can prove stressful for FIFO workers.

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Carseats have twice as many germs as a toilet

Most parents know their child's carseat is not always squeaky clean, but they might not realise just how dirty it really is.

Doctors remove foetus from 'medical marvel' after 36 years

Doctors in India have removed the skeleton of a foetus that had been inside a woman for 36 years.

Nine months in six seconds: new parents' Vine clip a hit

We?ve seen some memorable time-lapse pregnancy and birth announcement videos before. Now one new couple has taken it to the extreme, capturing it all in just a six-second Vine video.

Sonia Kruger speaks of baby joy

Celebrity mum-to-be Sonia Kruger has spoken candidly about using donor eggs and IVF to fall pregnant at age 48.

Dressing to not impress: life through the eyes of a three-year-old

When it comes to getting dressed, my three-year-old has only one criterion: ?I don?t want to look beautiful.? And now I've worked out why.

Special nappies made with love for angel babies

Angel Baby Nappies make and provide tiny bereavement cloth nappies for pre-term stillborn babies and premature babies who pass away in the NICU.

Inside the brain of a tantruming toddler

What's going on in your child's mind in the lead-up to a tantrum? And what?s the best way to respond?

5 secrets to a long-lasting relationship

When it comes to keeping your relationship strong, it?s what you do - and not what you want - that really matters.

When 'furbabies' meet real babies

I am obsessed with my dogs, and can't imagine loving them any less once my baby arrives. But that doesn't stop everyone from telling me I will.

The least popular baby names of 2013

Looking for a baby name that?s nowhere near the top 10 ? or even the top 1000? Try the bottom five.

'I was so sleep deprived I crashed my car'

There are no laws regulating driving while tired, but statistics show that driver fatigue is one of the top three contributors to the road toll.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

WIN a $100 RedBalloon for Dad

Enter now for your chance to win 1 of 5 $100 RedBalloon experience vouchers. Helping you make Dad's Day EXTRA HAPPY.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Going viral

Weirdest pregnancy products

From pee stick keepers to stylish sick bags, there are some very strange inventions out there for pregnant women.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.