Due 1st - 15th Sept, 12 #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#51 Catirving

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Yay for your girl, Jessiebean!

I FINALLY got the results of my amnio today, and all is good. I can't tell you how relieved I am - it was the last medical hurdle, and at my age, there are lots of those! They also confirmed what the sonographer already told us at 15 weeks - it is indeed a girl. We've finally felt confident to start buying stuff and have bought out Big W and Target in the last two days - it's all we have here. All the hardware purchases will have to be in Canberra or Batemans Bay.

I'm glad all of you are feeling better and welcome to the newbies (McBaby's Mum!) - I've been on this thread for so long we feel like a family!

I wasn't thrilled with the stills from my scan on Tuesday, although all looks good and she is spot on for size - weighs 360g and her thigh bone is 3cm. How cute is that? They gave us a DVD (by the way, I was surprised to find that the scan was free), so I'm going to try to get some stills from that to show you. Amazing stretched out legs, thumb sucking, the whole shebang. She's very active and I can feel her shape and some bony bits when I wake up in the morning, and gravity hasn't dropped her into my pelvis, where she seems to prefer to sit on my bladder.  

Hope you are all baking your bubs nicely.

#52 Morti

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hi all! original.gif

Catirving - Congrats on your amnio results!!

I know what you mean about bubs seemingly sitting on your bladder... I swear my little boy uses mine as a trampoline!!  ohmy.gif   biggrin.gif  Very weird sensations.

And congrats on your baby girls, Catirving, Bumped Up and Jessiebean! Also to Charlie on your baby boy! How many of us know the genders of our babies now?  I have a feeling Sept. is going to see a whole lot of little girls being brought into the world.  wub.gif

I had it confirmed this evening that my baby is indeed a little boy.... I went in for an unscheduled ultrasound because I hadn't felt baby move in a couple of days (after having felt movements since about 15 weeks).  Thankfully, I was just being paranoid and everything is perfectly fine... on the screen I could see my little man doing a whole lot of womb dancing! biggrin.gif  Yet I felt nothing of it.  Not sure why, but I'm a much more relaxed Mummy now, nonetheless.  I suppose at this early stage, we still only feel a very small percentage of all of their movements. original.gif

Anyway, after long thinking that I'd have to have a cesarean this time due to pelvic floor reconstructive surgery I had after my 3rd baby, I was told by my ob that I would most likely be able to give birth naturally (vaginally) again! original.gif  I literally cried tears of relief, as I have a phobia of strong drugs and surgery and have been completely stressed at the idea of having to have an epidural and cesar this time around.  (Surgery under a general is bad enough, but surgery while still conscious is a terrifying thought for me.) Don't get me wrong, I'm very scared of natural childbirth too.... but better the devil you know, I think. wink.gif  tongue.gif  And I like the fact that the recovery time with a natural birth is so much shorter.

I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too much though, a natural birth is never guaranteed, but at least now I'm in with a chance. LOL  Whatever the case though, best just to go with the flow and accept that however baby comes into the world, all that's really important is that he is safe and sound. original.gif

Oh well, that's enough rambling from me now...

*hugs* to everyone!! Hope all is going well!!

Edited by Morti, 14 April 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#53 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Bumpedup - Yes my sister didn't feel movements till 20 weeks with her first.

tauruspregnant - I was thinking the same. My DH is self employed so taking time off means no money coming in so I'll be glad of the support and feel like I am helping someone with a start of their career. I hope you are feeling better.

packedtotherafters - I'm hoping to part time mcn but still doing my research. Will check out BBH.

Jessiebean - Yay on the god scan and girl (even though boys are just as nice too)

McBaby's Mum - I loved this forum for my first baby, so much information you don't know how to deal with it all though. Welcome and good luck with your scan.

Catirving - I had to LOL at buying out Big w and target. I'm glad the results and scan can mean you can enjoy the pregnancy more now.

Morti - I find I get alot more movement by doing something active and then lay down flat on the bed. It seems to get this baby jumping for sure. And yay that you might be avoiding the c-section. I really hope I can have a VBac this time as a repeat c-section and recovery like last time terrifies me too.

Is there a  few people missing? I hope those not posting are still going well.

AFM - haha I can't remember. Baby brain after catching up.

Starting to get babys room in the progess and setting it up. It's a mammoth task to empty a study that has just been a tip room for 2 years. I discovered I have way too many bags, cookbooks and DVD's. And now I have to rearrange my filing system so I can empty my desk to go to a new home. So much paperwork to file  rolleyes.gif  Argh! 2 weeks today till my scan and then I can paint the room.

#54 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hey Everyone

Just checking if anyone minds to join both groups. Both chat threads have become really slow and the other group are happy to combine. Although sometimes it's hard to keep up with a fast moving thread it can also be alot more fun and supportive for you.

Obviously it will be the Ali the moderators decision anyway.

ETA That if anyone wants to be added to the FB that has been opened just PM with your name and fb email address if possible (I'm having problems finding everyone on names alone) You'll have to accept my friend request before I can add you to the private group.

Edited by *Mumma-to-A*, 15 April 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#55 McBaby's Mum

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

Thanks everyone,

Catirving- I read your post about your boyfriend having to feed your dog! LOL! I can totally relate. Although my husband is offshore and my poor dogs are only eating dry food in the morning whilst my nausea is still present. Although I can't complain, my vomiting finished last week and it's been great not having to reach for a bucket after every meal.

My scan is this Thursday, even though the husband is desperate to know the sex, I am wanting a surprise.  So I'm bringing my Mum along that way I know the husband won't want anyone else to know, and he knows my Mum can't keep a secret.

Can't wait to Thursday!  So many people have commented that I'm having twins, because I'm the size of a house and even though we have had a 8 and a half week scan and heard only one heart beat on the Doppler all the comments are making me concerned.

Not too worry,

Have a great week guys xoxox

Bec  aged 31years
20 weeks, due 3rd Sept
First baby, but a wonderful addition to our Fur family
Country Victoria

#56 ayla2008

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

hi everyone. I am still slack at posting on here.  I have my scan tomorrow, my birthday present to myself, we are finding out the sex. We did laist time and I like to know, surprises are overrated in my book.

PİNK- so glad you are doing well.

This is my second and not feeling much movement yet either, so dont worry, it will start soon enough.

Anyway, got to run, hope everyone is doing well.

#57 ~A2~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hi everyone

Just letting you know that as these two chat groups have slowed down I will combine them again ready for when you all 'graduate' to the Parents Group.

I will pop in and start a Due In September 2012 thread tomorrow night.

Regards to you all

Ali

#58 BumpedUp

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Morning Ladies

19 wks yesterday and only 3 more sleeps till our scan! So excited!

Taurus: What day is your scan this week? Hope you are feeling better!

Jessie: Yay and congrats on your little girl! To put pics up you need to make an account with photobucket or image shack, upload the photo to there and then  you can just copy and paste the link into your EB post screen.

McBaby: Welcome and congrats on your bub!

Catirving: Glad your amnio results were all good, what a relief and yay on your little girl!

Morti: Definately going to be lots of little girls entering the world. I cant wait to have it 100% confirmed with the scan on thursday. Yay for your little boy and glad to hear that everything is ok. Also great news re your planned Vaginal birth.

Mumma: I have been hearing this quite a lot so am less stressed about it now, as long as I start to feel something soon! Im hearing you re getting bubs room ready, we have so much junk that needs to be turfed and sorted! Will tackle this when I get back from holidays!

Also I am happy to combine groups, not sure if I wanna do the FB thing though.

Ayla: Yay, all the best for your scan!

A2: Thanks Ali original.gif

AFM: Very busy this week before I go on leave for 3 wks, so might not be around too much this week, will definately pop back in before i fly out and to let you guys know how the scan on Thursday goes.

All the best to everyone having scans this week!
x

#59 ~A2~

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.