Due 1st - 15th Sept, 12 #4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:14 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

PinkSurvivor - I hope the surgery went well and I am sorry I didn't post the new thread before you left, I actually went to CMC Rocks the Hunter and didn't get back home til Tuesday.

Regards

Ali

#2 Morti

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hi all!

Bumped Up - Thank you!!! biggrin.gif

PinkSurvivor - Wow, a July baby!! original.gif    

But it sounds as though you're having a rough time of it at the moment, Pink... I hope you're holding up ok.  *hugs*  

Pirelli - Welcome and congrats!!

Sg - Cripes!! ohmy.gif  I'm glad you're ok.  It's always a bit scary when you lose your balance and fall when you're pregnant... I remember having some doozies (!!!) when pregnant with my other babies.  biggrin.gif  Must have looked funny to other people, but I was scared sh*tless that my baby would be harmed.  Luckily, these babies are tougher than they look! happy.gif (And they're well protected in there anyway.)

That's all from me today.  Life's pretty uneventful at the moment... which isn't a bad thing.  I've gained too much weight already though. (About 10kgs!!!)  I feel as fat as a house. sad.gif  Doesn't help that DH (or should that be BH??!!) is making the most of this opportunity to tease me about being big and fat. glare.gif  

I've never tried to lose weight while pregnant before... not sure how safe it is.  Does anyone know?

Edited by Morti, 21 March 2012 - 10:48 PM.

#3 PinkSurvivor

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:38 AM

bbabyflip.gif Our Due Dates! bbabyflip.gif

September 1st

Winterspringbubs

Indigobabe82

Belinda18

miss-mum

Morti
Name : Sharon
Sex of baby : Boy!!!
Other children : 3 (DS 11; DD 8; DD 6)

Miss S
Name: Susan
Other: DH 40, 1x DS 19, 1x DD 2.5

September 2nd

ayla2008
Name Teresa,
live- Melbourne SE going to Monash
Age 37,
other kids- DD 3.5years

beautyqueen

September 3rd

Threenager
Name: Simone
Location Canberra.
Sex: We r thinking boy, but will know more at 20 weeks.
One other child, dd, 3.5.

plaschic

DJMIN
Sex: I'm hoping for a girl.. no sense either way. We've decided to find out at 20 weeks scan.
Other Children - 0

2012Babe

rachelandpj

Chinda

September 4th

jessiebean

magicmeg

Catirving

Giltine
Name: Leanne
Sex: I'm guessing a girl, DF wants a boy.
Other Children: N/A

sg290780
Name: Sally
Sex: Everyone thinks a boy... I have no idea
Other Children: 2 gorgeous girls - 7 & 5

September 5th

tauruspregnant
Name: Simone
Sex: I'm guessing boy but my friend thinks girl and she is a little psychic so we'll see
Other Children: None

Babies2012
Name: Lynn
Having twins
Location Sydney
Sex: DP and I think boy and girl but are leaving it for a surprise

Tinks83

nikksta
Name - Nikki
I live in Perth (Fremantle area)
Age - 33
No other children..

September 6th

SmileyK

Ringarosy

PinkSurvivor
Name: Jennifer
Sex: DH is positive its a girl but I'm waiting for the gender scan
Other: DS1 is 4 and DS2 is 2

Mis84

Bell07
Name: Bell
Sex: Not sure at all, no vibe this time but my DP thinks girl.
One DD aged 8 months (yes, I am absolutely freaking out at the small age gap, just trying to keep telling myself that we can do it...)

September 7th

Jem80

September 8th

Gracious

Carolyn Gooch

SanT

September 9th

Kristea

Sarzie

PTTR
Name : Kim
Sex of baby : ?? Not planning to find out.
Other children : DS14 DS12 DD9 DD6 DS4 DS2.5

Dimdash
Name: Dimity
Sex: Our guess is boy
Other Children - 0

BumpedUp
Name: Kristie
Sex: My vibe is girl @ the moment
Other Children: n/a

September 10th

MrsMac206

Red2012
Name: Rachelle
Sex: My instincts say a girl

NatMac
Name: Nat
Sex: Strong instinct it's a girl
Other children: DS 11 months

bluerobedone

ShareBare1989

September 11th

Jocelyn_expecting

DivaChick

jodiecorrine
Baby#4

amberkins

September 12th

Mumma-to-A
Name: Sonia
Sex: No idea but will be finding out through scan.
Other children: DS 4

GinaL

September 13th

louiseos

Sarr333
Name: Sarah
Sex: Unsure
Other: N/A

September 14th

rochelleellen1989

cm79

Grov3er

Chooks1st

September 15th

Corinsmum

Our Angels

MoiMoiMoi
N@K

Edited by PinkSurvivor, 23 March 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#4 PinkSurvivor

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Silver original.gif

Morti: with my boys I put on about 10kg 1st trimester. It as awful. I know exactly ho you feel. This time I have gained 3.5kg in 16 weeks, so hopefully that means girl lol. Thats mean for your DH to tease you sad.gif

A2: I haven't had surgery yet, not until Tuesday next week. I leave Sunday. I am just glad I can still post the list. I will most likely hand it over in July when I have bub and start chemo though, depending how I am feeling. Thanks for the new thread! I hope you had a great time at CMC, a friend went and sounded like she had a great time!

Edited by PinkSurvivor, 22 March 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#5 Babies2012

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:49 AM

PinkSurvivor - Hi can i please be added to 5th September Group thanks. Best of luck with your surgery next week.

Babies2012
Name: Lynn
Having twins
Location Sydney
Sex: DP and I think boy and girl but are leaving it for a surprise

Hope everyone is well,

#6 PinkSurvivor

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Babies2012: Added original.gif Congratulations on twins!!

If I have missed anyone else and you would like to be added to the list can you please make it obvious, as in address the change to me and bold my name or I may not notice. I will be lacking time after surgery and I don't want to have to read and filter all posts in case I miss a change. Thanks and I hope you understand original.gif

#7 BumpedUp

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

Morning Ladies

Pink: I hope you are ok, and all the best for the surgery next week. I will be thinking of you. If doing the list is too much for you with everything else going on, please let us know!

Pirelli: Welcome and congrats!

Sg: Hope you are ok after your fall. Im counting down to the scan as well. Mine is in about 27 days biggrin.gif

Morti: Im pretty sure you are not allowed to diet while pregnant, just try and eat healthy I spose. I have put on 4.5 kgs already and feel huge!

AFM: Just plodding along, pretty tired at the moment. Hubby asked me last night if we could watch Look whos talking, so we did and it was so funny, been ages since I have seen that movie, so it was nice.

I have uploaded a bump pic on the bump thread, here it is as well original.gif

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n586/b...heBump15w4d.jpg

xx

#8 Morti

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

PinkSurvivor - Please add me to the list! original.gif

Morti
Name : Sharon
Sex of baby : Boy!!! original.gif
Other children : 3 (DS 11; DD 8; DD 6)

Thank you!!!! biggrin.gif

Pink Survivor - To be honest, I think I'm just one of those people who piles on the kgs when pregnant... with my other babies I gained about 30kgs by the end of my pregnancies! ohmy.gif  I'm really not eating a lot of junk or anything, so I have to blame the weight-gain on hormones. cool.gif (It's a convenient excuse for just about anything! wink.gif )Luckily I find that I lose weight very quickly after the birth... but I think that's largely due to constant breastfeeding. biggrin.gif (What a heaven-sent!)  The only thing I'm worried about is that now that I'm older (I was in my 20s when I had my other babies) I might find it hard to lose the weight after baby's born...

Bumped Up - Good, sound advice. original.gif  Yes, I thought it didn't sound right to be dieting during pregnancy.  I already eat well... maybe I'll just have to try to get some excercise too, now that the morning sickness has gone.

And what a cute tummy pic!!! biggrin.gif  My bump is about the same size at the moment.... loving it!!! happy.gif  (It's just the rest of me that I'm not keen on right now. wink.gif  tongue.gif )

Talk soon ladies!!!!

#9 sg290780

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

Morning,

Pink Survivor - All the best pink - you ahve lots of vitually to support, to go hand in hand with your real life  bbighug.gif

Thank-you for all teh well wishes!!

I am doing ok after my fall - ahve an ultrasound today because my OBGYN insisted - I am fairly sure everything is fine but the excitement is we should get a definite on the sex!! YAY!!

we cant wait - keep you posted!

MELBOURNE ladies - Anyone headed to the Baby show at melbourne convention center 30-1st april? It is a smaller one I think but the biggest one is after our bubs are born in October... website is
www.babyandtoddlershow.com.au

Edited by sg290780, 23 March 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#10 PackedToTheRafters

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi To All waves.gif

Im pregnant with number 7, thats right! We have produced 4 boys and 2 girls during our 17 years of marriage, haven't we been busy. I have no idea what this baby is, but based on stats I'd put my money on a boy!
Our 7th bundle of joy is due on the 9th of September, but due to medical problems having our last baby, this baby will be delivered by c/section mid August (which I'm scared about, as I have not had an elective before).
I have been feeling kicks over the past week, and we also have a doppler that the children like to listen to the baby through.

I have been stalking this thread for a while, but im not a big poster. I was shocked to read that PinkSurvivor, is having such medical issues. Pink I just wanted to say I am thinking of you and I wish you, your family and your little baby all the best.

Morti I hear you on the weight gain! I put on lots quickly too! I am normally a very fit (love my running) and slim athletic lady! But that all goes out the door durning pregnancy. So many have been asking me when the baby is due blush.gif blush.gif  

PTTR
Name : Kim
Sex of baby : ?? Not planning to find out.
Other children : DS14 DS12 DD9 DD6 DS4 DS2.5

Cheers Kim

#11 red2012

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hi all,

I have missed so much in the last 10 days or so, been so preoccupied and kept forgeting to check everything.

Pink really thinking of you. I hope you and your OB sort out a plan soon it might make you feel a bit better.

SG I hope you're okay, falls are scary I've already had a few during the pregnancy and countless over the years.

I have a movement disorder which will make it particuarly difficult when I get big enough that my center of balance changes. I actually spent the better part of 2010 in a wheelchair , not that you would know to look at me now I worked my a*se off to get out of the damn thing, and I am well experienced in falls. My best advice to everyone for falls is simple, when you start to fall try to land on your bum. Your natural reaction is to put your hands out to stop you falling which means you will often land sideways. The best way to avoid injury is actually to land on your bum. You might have a bit of a sore behind but you avoid the scrapes and bruising which is inevitable when you land otherwise.  

Welcome to all the new ladies and congrats!!

AFM we had a private gender scan last night and found out we are having a boy! I was convinced it was a girl, I hadn't even looked at boy stuff, but obviously my instincts were way off. DF is so excited, he wanted a boy. I would have liked a girl first but never mind maybe next round. It's hard to see them on that screen and be disappointed. Though I don't think I'll stock up on the blue until the 19 week scan just to be certain. The 4D photos are utterly amazing! You can already see he definitely has DF's jawline - though that might change who knows. We have already decided on a name too, so it's been a big week.

I think I may have felt movement this morning, but not really sure.

Hope everyone is travelling well.

Red xx

#12 Jem80

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hi Ladies!Apologies I've been MIA. Feel like a slack buddy group member.Pink- I hope everything goes well on Tuesday, I sincerely admire your strength and bravery, will be thinking of you.
I'm really looking forward to finding out the gender too, we have a boy vibe so will be a bit shocked if it's a girl... But either will be great... I just want to be a mum.
Does anyone else find themselves wishing that bubs was here already? I should just try and enjoy pregnancy rather than wish this time away..At least the MS is over.
Have a great weekend everyone!

#13 GamerMum

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hello ladies. Sorry I've been AWOL but I've been on full time hours at work this week, as well as getting every pregnancy symptom every heard of it! It's exhausting and terrifying!

PinkSurvivor - My thoughts are with you. You've been through so much already, you are an incredibly strong woman, and I have no doubt in my mind that you and bub will make it through this brilliantly.

I've been getting incredibly dizzy the last few weeks and managed to fall over at work on Thursday, while carrying a rather large and squirmy three year old. He was ok, just in shock, but I have nice bruises on my knees and shoulder where I hit the cupboard trying to protect the child. That was scary.
I've been getting horrible stomach pains, which ended me up in hospital yesterday morning. My local hospital is next to useless and all they did was send me home with panadol. With only one doctor in town, and he being busy with an emergency I never actually got to see him, and won't until Monday, but he asked the nurses to take bloods to check everything out. My blood pressure is even lower than it was a few weeks ago, so that's a concern (and the reason for my dizzyness). We have no ulstrasound machine here, and they lost their doppler so I have no idea what's going on in there, but I'm refusing to stress about it.

I'm going to see if I can borrow a friends little headphone doppler and see what I can hear. I know they aren't 100% but it can't hurt to try.

I hope everything is enjoying their growing bumps, getting lost of rest and making the most of pre-babyness original.gif

#14 Morti

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Welcome Packed to the Rafters! original.gif  I remember you from the "Large Families" forum.  tthumbs.gif

Well, it's 3.40am here now (in Eastern Spain) and I can't sleep for the life of me!  Strange, since yesterday was one of the few days lately where I didn't indulge in a nanna nap of a least a few hours!!  I fear that pregnancy sleeplessness is setting in early for me....  glare.gif

Has anybody else found that their sleep patterns have been effected by their pregnancy yet?

*hugs* to all!!!

Edited by Morti, 25 March 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#15 BumpedUp

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

Good Morning!

Packedtotherafters: Welcome and congrats on #7! We are due date buddies original.gif

Red: Yay for a boy!!

Giltine: Cute bump pic!

Morti: Totally hearing you re insomnia. It started about a week ago for me, and its driving me nuts. I sleep from about 10pm till 2ish and then thats it... Thinking about going to see my acupuncturist to see if he can do anything to help!

Pink: Thinking of you!

Im not feeling any movement yet, but hope too soon! My belly is starting to get harder though and there is no denying my preggo belly now!

Have a great day everyone!

Love K x

#16 jessiebean

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

Pink- thinking of you today.
I have movment and find that when bubs is awake and wriggling so am I which can be annoying as it seems to happen every night at bedtime and around 4am too!
I have suddenly got swollen veins, my varicose vein is acting up and the veins under my tongue and in my "nether regions" (great old nanna term) are swelling a bit (fingers crossed I don't get the dreaded piles ). I can also see so many veins on my torso.
I feel pregnant now and have a hard bubby tummy but generally feel good (17 weeks today!) I hope evryone else is coming out of morning sickness and into the good bit!
I tried my maternity jeans the other day, so uncomfortable unfortunately. It can be hard from here on in getting the right clothes as you never know quite how your shape will change.
Stay well and happy.

#17 Morti

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Pink - another one thinking of you today. Sending you all of my best wishes.

Bumped Up - I'm glad I'm not the only one! tongue.gif (And it's 2.30am here now... so another sleepless night for me... sad.gif ) I don't recall finding it hard to sleep this early on with my other pregnancies... but then I didn't get heartburn with them either until around 28 weeks onward... this time around I'm getting it already!! Seems as though either my memory is playing tricks on me (likely) or all of my late pregnancy symptoms are hitting me very early this time.

Jessiebean - Hehe... it's both annoying and cute how a lot of bubs get active at night, isn't it? biggrin.gif (Not so cute after they're born though and still awake most of the night, while wanting to sleep most of the day! LOL)

I read years ago that they tend to sleep in the womb when we are active because our body movements lull them to sleep... a bit like being rocked to sleep... and so this is why they tend to be awake and more active when we are still and resting (or asleep).

Anyway, I hear you on the "puffiness" thing.  My feet swell now if I stay sitting or laying for too long. glare.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying their pregnancies and swelling bellies now! original.gif

Edited by Morti, 27 March 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#18 PackedToTheRafters

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

HI everyone

Pink I hope you are doing well, thinking of you.

I had an ultrasound last night and bubs was so unhelpful!! I had agreed to go into DH's work for them to try out a new machine, well this baby would not play! It had it's head down, bum up, legs crossed and back to the world, and would NOT move! We could only see the spine, heart, kidneys, bladder etc, but could not get a 4D facial pic, gender (Not that we wanted to know), or much else! So frustrating! We gave up in the end. Later last night, bubs was kicking and playing around! So BooHoo no pics for me!

I have assignment to do for uni and avioding the work, lol.
I also STILL feel MS off and on!
How's everyome else tracking?

#19 sg290780

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

HI all,

Very exciting moment 2 nights ago - my partner felt our gorgeous boy kick!!
Then last night my daughter got to feel it... they were so excited!!

I am feeling movement everyday now. My close friend also gave birth this morning 10 days early! Very exciting...

I hope you are all feeling great - I am having trouble sleeping. My DP says its like sleeping with a walrus... I am not even huge yet! But I am definitely showing.

Lastly... shhhh also wanted to mention... maybe TMI but... My libido is certainly increased  wub.gif  wink.gif

happy 17ish weeks everyone!

#20 ayla2008

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

I have also been MIA for a long time, just trying to catch up on the lastest post.

PINK- wishing you all the best, XXX

I hear you all on the waking at night, not getting very good sleep here either!!
Also neede to have a vent on maternity wear, has anyone else found because it is the change of seasons my local BIG W, Kmart and Target have none or stuff all maternity wear.  It is jeans or pants I need and it seems the winter maternity stuff isn't in stock yet!! AHH...got one pair or jeans left that fit!! Might have to venture to an expesive maternity shop soon, haven't got a huge bump yet but my waist is non exsisent.  

Ok so there is my rant, hope you are all well, looking forward to those 20 week scans!!
Cheers

#21 *Mumma-to-A*

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

I've been MIA too.

Pink - All the best for the surgery!

AFM - I brought maternity jeans today and hopefully the weather will call down soon so I can start wearing them. Anyone who has a Jeanswest near them get in there soon as they have nice maternity jeans and have 30% off at the moment. I also went to mothercare and checked out some more prams. I swear I change my mind every week. Last month I was having a bugaboo cameleon but changed my mind after taking my neice shopping as my test dummy. I really like the mountain buggy (always loved mine with DS) and then a bugaboo bee perhaps for the car.

Have considered doing the 3d scan to find out the gender but still in 2 minds. It would be nice as I'm not sure Dh will be able to come to the next scan and I can get the 3d one done afterhours.

#22 BumpedUp

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!!

Jessie: Yay for feeling movement. I havent felt anything yet, hopefully soon!

Morti: Ive been getting heartburn as well. Have slept a little better last night, I think because I was sooo tired, but its very annoying when you just want to be asleep and you cant. Maybe Im thinking about too many things or something.

Packed: Does your Dh work at an ultrasound place? I wish I knew someone who worked at one, I would have an ultrasound every week lol what a shame you didnt get any pics.

Sg: Wow so surprised you are feeling kicks and your hubby and daughter can too. Im not feeling anything. My libido has increased too, which is great and hubby is loving dev (6).gif

Ayla: waves.gif Long time no see! I have looked in Big W, Target and Kmart as well and found nothing which is rather disappointing. However I have bought heaps of great maternity stuff online, and in a great shop not far from my place. So I have 3 pairs of jeans, 3 pants, 3 skirts, couple of tops and some shorts which are super comfy. Bonds online are having a sale at the moment, might be worth having a look. I think it was 30% off, im going to check it out later. I bought some bonds under bump undies which are sooo comfy and I want to buy some more!

Mumma: I hear you on the prams, I think I want a bug cammy. I think we have just decided to have find out the gender at our next scan on 19 April!

AFM: Wish I could feel bub like you ladies, hopefully soon. The countdown is on for our holiday, only 22 more days before we are off! Had to buy some more maternity clothes for the trip, but I think I have enough now!

Have a great friday everyone and an awesome weekend!

x

#23 pirelli

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi all,

hope you are well!

Pink Wishing you the best rolleyes.gif

Packed to the Rafters wow!! sounds like you really have your hands full, well done!

I'm tracking along nicely, I have been feeling the baby move around lots and DH got to feel kicks the other night which was lovely and much earlier than with our little girl.

I have just told work that I am pregnant, and so happy to have done it given that the bump was becoming very hard to hide.  It was a difficult discussion though given I am only recently back from maternity leave and my boss has just resigned....exciting (stressful!) times.

As for the insomnia - I hear you all sad.gif ...my little girl is having a wonder week and has been waking in the night...resulting in me being awake too and having trouble getting back to sleep.  I'm just trying to tell myself it's practice for the next one.  Goodbye sleep!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.  Hopefully in between all the stuff we have planned I can sit down and get some rest!! biggrin.gif

PS Pink could you please add me to the due date list, my details are below.  Thanks!!:

Prielli
Name: Christie
Sex: not finding out
Other Children: DD - 14 months

#24 IndigoBabe82

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted in a long time.

I am very behind in all these posts.

But to Pink I wish you well in your surgery.

I have my 18-20 week ultrasound booked for next week so very excited ! But we are keeping the gender a surprise as its our first and makes labour all the worth it.

so far I have lost weight which has been rather concerning but it was due to my M/S. But apparantly bub is fine and everything. Its common for women to lose weight during pregnancy which i didn't realise.

I wish you all well in your pregnancies

Cheers,

Indigobabe

#25 Catirving

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

After a few days where I was worrying that I wasn't feeling any movement, or what I thought was movement, I was lying in bed last night and the baby was practicing her ballet moves with gusto - then I felt some pressure against the side of my uterus. I put my hand over it, as you do, and could feel her little egg-like head! She moved away after a short time, but it was amazing. It was very hard to get to sleep that night!

What my friend calls an "Alien" moment.

Feeling good - I've only gained 3kg, so my bump looks all the more obvious. My belly is as tight as a drum. No other symptoms except that I am still easy to nauseate, so my boyfriend has to feed the dog.

Hope you ara all well, and Pink, hope you're doing OK.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.