Mums n Bubs Feb Group Chat

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#1 ~carmen~

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just reading thru last few weeks updated postings on all ur bubs progress, great to hear everyone is doing so well!!

Rather than keep thread going in arrivals list, i thought i would start us off here in our own thread as Group Chat. I have Sienna asleep on me so please excuse any errors with one handed typing.

Yesterday we had our last homevisit from (our lovely gold coast hospital birthing centre midwife) Tamzin.  Is sad to have said farewell and thank her for the last 7 months of one on one care as we have been with her since around the 4 month pregnant mark. Was a great overall experience and 2nd one for me thru birth centre program (as i had DS Aiden there as well). Would highly recommend using a BC for next pregnancies if u r interested.

We didn't quite get the same hypnobirthing waterbirth experience for Sienna we were hoping for that we had with Aiden thou as she got "stuck" and was delivered out of the water Shoulder Dystoria. I didn't even realise till looking thru EB forums how serious and tragic this can be for other deliveries so I am so thankful everything worked out for us.

Anyway... looking forward to getting to know u all and hearing more on bubs. Sienna is now weighing in at 5.1kg so we've gained 1kg since birth, she is my chubby bubby allright!! Loving her 5 week smiles and effort at communicating with us all, melts your heart doesn't it!

Carmen x

#2 Mumof32b!

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

Yay a new thread, hello Carmen you sound like you had a fantastic pregnancy  with Sienna, shame you didn't get quite the birth you wanted but I agree a healthy baby is the most important thing.

Archie has also gained 1kg since his birth and is starting to be less like a tiny newborn and more alert and interested in the world which is lovely to experience but makes me a little sad as he is my last baby.

Not much on this weekend, hopefully just chilling at home, although we do need to go the shop, footy boots are needed by DS1 and of course he wants to pick his own, hopefully he isn't expecting an $$$$ pair because he will be disappointed when we end up in Kmart!

What does everyone else have planned?

#3 HurryUpAlready

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi everyone. Hope you're all well.

Not much to report here... same old same old. I'm laying on the couch watching tv while Zara sleeps on my chest. Not very productive but oh well. Between being out and about this morning and the big sleep she's having now, she's been asleep practically all day!

No plans for the weekend, but if I get a chance I'll get my nails done maybe. Exciting stuff!!!

I weighed Z this morning at clinic and I think she's put on about 1.3kg since birth (she's 6 weeks now). She's definitely getting bigger and is more alert, so I'm not too concerned with the numbers.

The girls in the clinic group seem nice so I'm hoping we can form a Mother's Group out of it once the weekly clinic sessions finish.

Anyway, as I said, not much to report so that's it from me for today.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Natalie

#4 secantrell4

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

I didn't even realise till looking thru EB forums how serious and tragic this can be for other deliveries so I am so thankful everything worked out for us

#5 ~carmen~

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

hi there, hope ur weekends are going good!! we have yet more rain here  sad.gif in s/e qld that i am totally sick of, thou we are really, really blessed to have not suffered any flooding. so much for all the nice "summer" clothes on size 0000 we've been given as gifts as sienna has just started wearing her 000 at just shy on 6 weeks. hows everyone else finding sizing?

Mumof32b! - know what u mean about
but makes me a little sad as he is my last baby.
as sienna is also our 3rd and last baby, bitter sweet that they are both bigger babies when all we want to do is hold on to the little baby newborn stage.
how'd u go with the footy boots?? my dh and ds r at the titans game today (in the rain) and luckily i have a cupboard full of boots in various sizes from my 2 brothers as my mum keeps everything, especially when they can get so expensive and they only fit for one season as boys feet grow super fast!!

HurryUpAlready - Natalie - NEVER feel guilty about just lying on the couch being unproductive, it is a luxury we deserve for getting up at crazy hours in the night, and arn't those lovely sleeping cuddles devine, i think they just get super relaxed with the closeness to our heartbeat. sounds like zara has put on a very nice amount of weight and is sleeping well too!! - did u get ur nails done and did you take Z with u? I need my toes done but have not been game enoght to venture out alone yet!!

secantrell4 - sorry am unsure if i offended you and if so i am extremely sorry!! i was simply voicing my own experience and really my shock at how close we could have come to loosing sienna when no one since her birth explained to me what shoulder dystorcia was. please share your own experience if you like or correct me if i am totally way off-base!!

hey, also curious, sienna has this really awful spotty rash all over her face and head  huh.gif that the doc tells me is hormonal but she has had it for a week now and looks like its not going down. anyone else know of or experienced this before as new one to me!

Carmen x

#6 Mumof32b!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

Carmen just quicky as I am playing Monopoly Deal with my big boys but Archie has the same horrible rash, have 6 week check next week so will ask then but I agree it looks horrible and is raised pimples, am sure it is just hormones, both his and mine through milk and I hope it goes away soon!

Football boots bought, Archie is also in 000, actually I have a few outfits that are too short for him already which I am putting down to hand me downs having shrunk!

#7 HurryUpAlready

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:34 AM

Hi ladies!

Yep, Zara has that rash too, although it comes and goes. It was worse last week, this week her skin has been really clear but I noticed it was back a little bit tonight. I wondered if it had anything to do with what I'm eating/drinking. I can't pin it down so hormones sounds like a good reason to me!

Has it stopped raining Carmen? I live in Perth (am from Sydney but moved here in 2010 for DH's work) so am sorry to tease you by saying the weather here has been lovely. There's nothing more depressing than constant rain, is there!?!  It gets like that here in winter.

Z is def still in her 0000 clothes, thank god. She has received so many clothes as gifts that it's ridiculous! This kid has far more many clothes than I do (not hard really).  I don't think she'll get to wear them all, which I feel bad about. Some of the outfits are just too nice to wear at home and we don't go out enough to wear all the gorgeous dresses etc that she has. I'll have to make up an occasion for her to wear the Armani dress + silver Alex&Ant boots that my boss gave her though, they are amazing!

Nope, I didn't get my nails done. I'm torn between getting a cheap (but bad) job done at one of those Asian places or paying a small fortune for the beautician to do a proper job. They keep splitting low down on the sides (ouch) - not sure if the beautician will be able to help me avoid that or not??

I haven't taken Z with me when I've had my nails done as yet. Tge last time I went DH's secretary minded her in the office which was awesome! She was desperate for baby cuddles so volunteered which was really sweet of her. I was thinking that maybe I could put Z in the sling the next time I go - she usually just sleeps in it 'cause she's so cosy and close to me. Do you have a carrier for Sienna Carmen? She could just snuggle up to you while you get your toes done!

Ok - Z is asleep on me after her feed so i suppose we'd better go back to bed. Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

Natalie

#8 Miss Kiwi

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Hi there,
Hope you don't mind me joining this thread I was in the 16-29 Feb DIG.

Carmen, my DS was also born shoulder dystocia so can completely relate to your experience. My full story can be read in the trumatic birthing stories section. As a result of the shoulder dystocia DS has erbs palsy. I am so pleased to hear your baby is well and healthy. Like you I now know how much worse it could have been.

#9 jimbobmel

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:29 AM

Morning ladies

Everyone sounds like they are going really wel!!

My little baby is 4 weeks old now sad.gif Where does this time go??

Question.....How often is everyone taking their bubs to weigh them etc?? I was thinking of going fortnightly. Is that often enough?

It's so hard to type on the iPad when little feet keep flinging the screen I'm on away!!! Haha!!

I know what you all mean about all those sweet little clothes!! Nixon has already been wearing a mixture of 0000 & 000 clothes. The newborn clothes that he was given from pumpkin patch look like muscle shirts, they are so tight! It's such a shame, he has so many lovely clothes that he will hardly even get to wear:( I find it really hard to know what to put on him in this weather we're having here though??

We are in s/e qld also Carmen & I am so sick of this rain too!! We had two party's to go to last night & one was at the sunshine coast. The rain we drove through on the way up there was incredible!! It seems to have stopped for the moment though.....

It seems we have quite the well adjusted baby for nighttime events... He impresses everyone with his sleeping abilities whenever we are out! Last night after the sunshine coast party, we came back into Brisbane for a 30th at the local leagues club. Nixon, the little show off was passed around to I think a million people & snoozed his way through the very loud live band that was right next to us! Hop he stays that way, or maybe he is just a typical boy who can sleep through anything!!!???

We have that same rashly/pimply looking spotty face going on here too! The MCHN said that it was totally normal for newborns to have it so I assume that it is ok. It really does look worse some days more than others.

Ah, shopping for football boots.... Is this what I have to look forward to!! I don't know how you ladies do it with more than 1 child!!! I can hardly get organised with just Nixon!! Getting out of the house now is like an epic saga!!

Hopefully everyone gets to find time to have their fingernails/toenails done very soon!! I am very lucky.... My sister is a beauty therapist so she comes to me when I want my mani/pedi's done. She does spoil me like that original.gif

Ok, wow... That was quite the post & now it's time to head back to bed! Hopefully everyone has had a great weekend so far & enjoys what's left!

Talk soon
Mel xx original.gif

#10 Molokai

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

Hi all! Can't type much atm but wanted to post here to get emails when there are new posts biggrin.gif Got a baby almost sleeping on me, still need to express a feed so DH can look after Archer while I get my hair cut/coloured this afternoon.

Mel, Archer is the same with his 0000 Marquise onesies, they are so tight he looks like an Olympic wrestler original.gif

Sorry to hear about the shoulder dystocia issues a few of you experienced. I don't know anything about it but I cam imagine how awful it would be sad.gif

Hope everyone's well rested! Will be back soon.

#11 jimbobmel

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hi, how is everyone??

I'm having a very ordinary day today.... Just feeling a bit lousy sad.gif I think I'm extremely over tired!!
Got my mum to come with me to take Nixon to the child health clinic. Was nice to get out of the house! It's actually a really nice day here today!

So my big chubby boy at 4 weeks and 2 days old weighs 5.17kg and is now 57cms long. That's nearly 1.2kilos on his birth weight & 5 cms! How did he get so big??

Hope that everyone is having a nicer day than me. Tomorrow will be a better day original.gif

Mel x

Edited by jimbobmel, 19 March 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#12 HurryUpAlready

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

Hi Mel. Bummer that you're so tired... but I guess all that broken sleep has to catch up to us at some point. Little Nixon must be feeding so well to have put on all that weight, which is great!

Can you grab a nap today while he's asleep? Each morning after the 6-7am feed, I clear all the pillows off DH's side of the bed and let Zara have a sleep there, which is so handy 'cause I can just pat her or put the dummy back in if she stirs, then doze back off myself. I usually get anither 1-2 hours sleep that way which means I feel human during the day.

We have had a lazy day so far. It's 12.10pm and Z is asleep in my arms on the couch and I'm still in my pj's. I did manage to have breakfast and a coffee, feed the dog and hang out some washing that was still in the machine from yesterday, so at least I got to eat! I always consider that to be a bonus. Need to shower though, that's always a tricky one!

I want to go to Medicare today and add Z to our card so I can claim some medical bills. Dreading it, I hope the queues aren't horrendous.

Hope you get to have a snooze Mel. You'll feel better if you can catch up on a few zzzzzz's.

xx

#13 Mumof32b!

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Mel hope you have had better days since you last posted, it is hard sometimes isn't it.

I was very overwhelmed yesterday, had been out all day, 6 week health check for Archie which he passed with flying colours then to school all day for activities for both boys, got home and Archie who had dozed in the pram on and off all day was desperate for a sleep, the boys were a bit feral and I was exhausted!  Anyway DH came home and the big ones went to swimming, Archie had a 2 hour proper sleep then woke and we did the usual feed, bath, feed bed thing then I went to do the grocery shopping then came home to hang washing and finally collapsed to watch Rafters.

Today is much better, GP appointment for Archie then going to my SIL's for the day, although this arvo is footy for DS6, sigh.

Hope everyone else doing well, Archie is yet to crack the 5kg mark, not far off though he is growing nicely following the curve so the health nurse wasn't too worried, although I have slowed down on the Motilloum to see if I can do without it and he only put on 120g this week instead of the usual 240g so obviously we can't just yet, am going back on the full dose from today.  He seems happy enough, poos and wees good, settled between sleeps but the numbers still worry me.

Am excited as a friend is coming to stay to meet Archie, cant' wait to see her it should be a great weekend.

Take care mums n bubs xx

#14 Molokai

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Gosh Mumof3, I don't know how you do it. No wonder you're overwhelmed. Glad your friend is coming to stay - two of my friends are coming on Friday, I'm so excited to see them.

Hurryup - Did you get to Medicare? I added Archer a few weeks ago - so cute getting a card with his name on it - makes him seem like a real person original.gif

Mel, sounds like Nixon is thriving original.gif I'm glad you've got your mum to help you on days you're feeling ordinary. I know the feeling, but have no friends or family nearby! Poor DH gets the brunt of it when he gets home from work.

Mother's Group tomorrow, looking forward to it. We are having lunch with another mum and her baby afterwards (Archer's little friend Keiran) so that will be nice.

#15 HurryUpAlready

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

Hi girls, I hope you've had a good day!

Molokai, how are you doing? I know what you mean about not having friends/family nearby. We moved from Sydney to Perth in 2010 and fell pregnant 5 months later, so all my family/friends are in Sydney. I love it here, but if I could move everyone over here I'd be happier. I'm hoping to make some friends at Mothers Group... fingers crossed. Where are you located? I think you mentioned you had 2 girlfriends from Perth coming to visit you... are you from Perth?

How is Archer doing? Did you see anyone to ask about the reflux yet? Hope you have a good time at Mothers Group tomorrow.

I did get to Medicare but stupidly didn't take Z's birth certificate with me, so I'll be going back again.

How are you feeling Mel? How us little Nixon doing?

What about you Mumof32b? Have you had an easier day today? I guess with 3 kids you're going to be on the go pretty constantly hey? Do you get any time out for yourself?

We have our OB and Paed checkup tomorrow. I'm expecting that everything will be fine, although I gave been pretty slack with my pelvic floor exercises, so not sure if the Dr will have anything to say about that.

We had a good day today. Z has gone off to sleep in her bed on her own a few times today which is great, she usually only goes to sleep on me or DH! I can hear her chatting away in her bed now and just went to check on her but she's asleep... I think she is talking in her sleep!

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Natalie.  xx

Edited by HurryUpAlready, 21 March 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#16 Molokai

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

Ahh Natalie, we are the wrong wayaround - I wish I could move all my Perth friends to Sydney! original.gif  Im in Milsons Point. Im actually from Tassie origionally, then moved to WA when i was in my 20s (met Dh there) lived there about 6 years then moved here. None of my Sydney friends have kids so I miss my Perth friends even more now.

Im not sure Archer has reflux now. Today he was back to his normal eating sleeping chatty self, so maybe it was just a growth spurt or something? He just slept a 4 hour stretch then a 5 hour stretch with only a 20 minute feed in between. Perk of keeping him up all day I suppose (unintentionakky - i thought he would sleep in the pram but he fought it).

Good luck with the check ups - youve reminded me to do pelvic floors!

Glad you had a good dayand Z has self settled  - our babies are getting older and smarter already!

Sorry about the typos, stupid galaxy tablet doesnt have auto correct (or i just havent turned it on yet!)

Edited by Molokai, 22 March 2012 - 02:21 AM.

#17 jimbobmel

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:53 AM

Ahhh, I keep getting confused about which area I'm posting in!! I must stop doing it in the middle of the night!!! I think I'm just going to post in here from now on!

I just did quite the mammoth post in our DIG so tomorrow at a decent hour I will update in here!

Hey Natalie, I'm feeling much better these last few days & Nixon is going great! He's asleep on me now after a feed! I do love having him fall asleep in my arms!! Question.... How long did it take you to get Z's birth cert?? Maybe QLD births, death & marriages are just sper slack!!??

It really is nice having my mum & my sister close by! Sometimes i don't know what I'd do without them! I do really feel for you girls who live so far away from your families! I wish us girls were all close by & we had our own mothers group!!

Ok off to bed I go!!!!

Talk soon
Mel xx

#18 HurryUpAlready

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

Hi everyone, how are you all?

We're good. Having a 1am feed which is early for Z. It's still 7 hours between feeds so I shouldn't complain.

Mel - Zara's birth cert arrived so quickly, within a week of me sending in the paperwork. I was amazed!

We had our Paed and OB check ups today and both received good reports. I don't need to go back to either doctor now until "the next one". It felt funny to hear that, to be talking about the next one already! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat but I want to enjoy Zara first! If she stays this good I think we'll try sooner rather than later, but I guess an age gap of 18 months would be the absolute minimum that I'd want to consider. We'll see....

We have mothers group in the morning then I will be madly trying to clean and cook as the girls from work are coming over for afternoon drinks so I want to prepare some finger food type dishes to serve as well as the usual cheese plate. Seemed like a good idea when i made the suggestion but at 10pm when I was in the kitchen trying to get some of the food prep done in advance, I was not quite so enthusiastic!!

Ok, feed is finished so back to bed we go.

Have a lovely weekend ladies.

#19 ~carmen~

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

hi ladies, sorry been awol - our internet connection sux at home as we r in a black spot so can only get on when visiting my mum!! Also I do not get email updates on forum, something must be wrong as I did set it right in my settings! Falling way behind sorry  sad.gif

Mumof32b – S still has bad rash, just on her cheeks now not all over her head. Is lumpy and pimply so still think is just hormones, not had her 6 week check yet, what did doc say to u bout A? I know what u mean about all catching up on u, I feel the same this week! Feels like I have been so busy every day with bub n kids n no time for myself – time to ask DH for a mummy break this weekend and do something just for me! Might try for a movie, S should sleep thru. Hope ur visit this weekend with ur friend is good!!

Natalie - yeah i have a baby Bjorn that i use nearly everyday but no sling this time. i had one for ds but as he was "last" baby planned i had given away. not much point in buying another one thou as S loves the carrier. I do the vacuuming, washing, shopping and school run with her in it and she goes straight to sleep without fail! best money ever spent and i got it 7 years ago off ebay for half the rrp! yet 2 get nails done but will def go next week with bubs in carrier - top idea!!had an idea  what to do bout all the unused gorgeous outfits as such a shame and the armani one sounds divine. even if having a day at home, pick an outfit and dress bubs up for a photo! that way whoever gave u the outfit gets to c bub all dressed up in dresses etc..

miss kiwi – welcome!! Great to have u n bub here. I actually read ur story which was why I came back to eb site to look into shoulder dystocia, how is he going now?

Mel – I decided to get S weighed every fortnight. 2 reasons really. 1 – too much of a pain to go to CHC for 5 min weigh in every week. 2 – my first 2 bubs didn’t put on much weight, very different to S who is a lot bigger. They both actually had failure to thrive and were in 10th percentile for weight till I started them on formula and they caught up. So far S weight has been in 90th percentile and shes feeding really well so not worried at all about her like I was with them. Really personal choice to do weekly or fortnightly but only really need to for first 3 months anyway then monthly is fine to monitor it. really good N weight going so well!! Hope ur week has been better   Good to hear N has handled parties and noise well, we have a wedding up at the Sunshine Coast hinterland next weekend so was hoping S would behave. Shame she has this stupid rash thou cause so many people will be meeting her for the first time! Were on the northern Gold Coast, where bouts r u?

Molokai – How was ur friends visit today! Must have been awesome to catch up  If A has had a big chuck a few times I don’t think it is reflux cause S does this too on and off, I call it her big “Power chuck” but doc assures me is not reflux so ?? Not so good thou when she does one in bed with me and I wash sheets but cannot get waterproof mattress protector dry in all this HORRIBLE rain! I am sick of it!! Had some baby clothes that could not put in dryer actually get bit of mould and had to throw them out! What a waste.

Yep still raining here in QLD – so much for the sunshine state! Yep def jealous Natalie that u have lovely weather in WA.

S is screaming now bo bbl ... x

#20 Etienne

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Hi All,

I forgot that we have all moved to the parents group section and posted the below back in the old section earlier.

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted for a long time.  My little one  Lucy has had some terrible wind/colic and we ended up going to the  doctors on Tuesday.  The GP is testing as to whether she has a lactose  intolerance to my breast milk due to explosive loose, slimy constant  green poos but because she is thriving in all other ways ie. weight  gains, good skin tone etc she is more convinced that is a bad bout of  colic which she will grow out of over the next few weeks with some hope.

The  GP prescribed Rhubarb drops which are manufactured by the Women's &  Children's Hospital (in Adelaide).  Since taking the drops Lucy seems  to be improving each day.  She was soooo hard to settle due to her tummy  pains but seems much more calm and happy to be put on her play mat or  bassinet after a feed and be content even if she doesn't sleep.  Luckily  she has slept for 4hours at a time at night but not at all much during  the day.  Last night she slept for 8 hours straight - I think she was  just soo tired and the drops relieved the pain allowing her to get some  good sleep.  I was up with her from 3am to 5:30 trying to get her back  down but I couldn't blame her for not being tired!

I have felt so  guilty wishing that we could fast forward a few weeks through this  difficult time but we just want her to be happy and pain free.   Hopefully things continue to improve.

Hope everyone is well with their little bubbies.

Just reading the previous posts.  I was able to get my new medicare card arranged when I lodged the paid parental leave forms.  Was also very surprised that the birth certificate came so quick (definitely the week after lodging it).

xox

Edited by FTM1, 23 March 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#21 jimbobmel

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hi mummies

I love weekends when DH is home! He takes Nixon after I feed him at around 6 then I get to have a sleep in!! It's bliss original.gif

Carmen- ooh crappy Internet... I don't know how I'd survive without it! I do o much online shopping. I thought that I would only take N to be weighed once a fortnight because your right, for a 5 minute trip, once a fortnight is enough! Thankfully the weather has been looking up here too hey! We are on the north side of Brisbane. Enjoy your wedding in the sunny coast hinterland! It's so lovely up there! I'm sure that S is still gorgeous with her spotty little face original.gif

FTM- poor little Lucy! I'm glad that things are looking up for you after visiting the GP. These first few weeks have been pretty hard at times hey but looking back, it's gone so fast!

Molokai- I really hope that your having a great time with your friends over!! Did you have your glass of champagne yet?

Natalie- THE NEXT ONE!!!!! Let me think about doing this again in about a year lol!! I'm glad that both of your visits went reall(y well original.gif

Mumof32b- I really don't know how you do it with 3! I take my hat off to you & doctorseuss! You are amazing!!

We had another night out last night for MIL's birthday... She drove me nuts with all her expert advice-" don't pass the baby around to everyone"... Well you seem to.... "Why doesn't he have socks on??".... He didn't need them before you unwrapped him (he was asleep mind you) to look at his 'tiny little hands & feet'..... "Where is his hat??" .... Etc.... Argh!! & to think that I have to listen to it all again tomorrow night since DH invited them over for a BBQ! Ok MIL rant over  rant.gif

Hi to everyone I have missed & I hope that we all have a great weekend!
Mel xx

#22 Mumof32b!

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

Hi all

Just grabbing 5min of peace and quiet, Archie is asleep, he is so good now in the evening, touch wood, he feeds at about 6pm, then bath then feeds again just before 7pm then I put him in his cradle and he goes to sleep, he is amazing, I have been very lucky though with all my babies, night times they are perfect sleepers, daytime they catnap but I can deal with that.

DS1 is doing the weetbix tryathalon tomorrow, he is very excited!  I am having a good time with my friend, she has been staying with other friends tonight but is back tomorrow before she goes home, has been lovely having her to help out with Archie, and he is such a social bub, has to be really as he has lots of "aunties" at school who all love him to bits.

Carmen hope the wedding went well and the rash has cleared up, are you bathing her in anything?  I was and since going back to plain water and using a little sorbolene on the face it has completely gone.

Hey Mel, MIL's I know they drive you nuts, just smile and nod that is what I do.  3 kids are busy but doable, you will find out all in good time, I agree with waiting a bit if you can, it is so much easier and really we need time to enjoy our babies now.  I wish I could go 4 but DH doesn't want to, and to be honest I am not sure I will ever want to stop so am totally enjoying Archie, he falls asleep on me, I hold him for hours on end and I do not care what "those" people say!

FTM hope Lucy is feeling better and Molokai hope you are having a great time with your friends.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow, it's been a while so I am sure I will not know what is actually happening!

Anyway am dying to collapse on the lounge, happy Sunday everyone.

xx

#23 ReadySetRace

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hi girls, just wanted to say hi.  

Sage is still awake but i've passed off to DH and am in bed. She has put on 2kg since birth and I've been giving away our 0000 clothes. I visited a 2 week old on Friday and was amazed at the difference - so sleepy, still curled in feotal position...

Hope you all have a good weekend. We have a work BBQ tomorrow so be good to show off Sage but hopefully she is settled.

#24 ~carmen~

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi all! Feedin S & thought I would ask ur opinions on disp nappies! Reason being I was given a box of newborn kmart brand nappies which I found great (surprised) and used up, then went onto another box I was given of huggies crawler nappies which were a bit big but still great (expected) so I decided to grab a box of the kmart nappies in next size, crawler, and they are leaking every time we get poo!! Horrible as getting yellow poop on all our clothes! Must b too big as S is only 5kg but newborn size too small as she chubby!
So question is - what is everybody using for bubs over 5kg?

Also thanks mumof32be, will try sorbolene cream as just bathing her in plain water, no soaps or creams! Have wedding this coming weekend so might b enough time to clear up rash but of course she is still super cute and charming! Her smiles are big grins now   biggrin.gif

#25 Mumof32b!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

Hi Carmen

I use MCN's during the day and Infant boys huggies for Archie at night and haven't had any problems.  With my earlier babies I used Coles brand when they were older but always found huggies the best for that newborn exploding poo.

Archie smiles now and his whole face lights up, it is fantastic isn't it worth all the sleepless nights and worry.
Hope you enjoy your wedding, I love showing off my boy!

I am very sad as I pack away the tiny clothes, I would love another but just not on the cards for us, oh well am so thankful for the 3 I have.  My good girlfriend is having a boy due in July so I am passing on anything suitable to her, I am so happy for her as she has had some tragic losses so this baby is so wanted and already so loved.

Anyway have to stop wasting time, ironing to be done, and the never ending washing and I have to do some "work" for school!

Hope everyone having a good week.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How I learnt to relax about routines

After many routine-led, tough years, we've realised that being parenting isn't about being perfect. It isn't about following a schedule to a T.

Should you have a third child or not?

I thought our family had been complete with our two boys. I had no idea how much I needed my daughter until she was here.

Helping a toddler embrace an adopted sibling

A single parent by choice, I am preparing to adopt a second baby from Morocco. And I face a special challenge.

When pregnancy messes with your self-esteem

Pregnancy doesn't make all women feel beautiful. It certainly doesn't raise every woman's self-esteem.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Weird trend

Couple has five babies in 14 months

Julie and David Grygla weren't sure they'd ever have kids - but their dreams have now well and truly come true.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.