Itti Bitti Tutto
your experiences?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 HopefulBaby

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi All,

We are expecting baby #1 in a couple of months and I have started to buy a few MCNs to start my stash.

I have a voucher for Itti Bitti, and am curious about Itti Bitti Tuttos. They look so lovely, but I have read a few bad reviews which scared me.

Would love to hear what people's experiences have been.

Thanks in advance!!

#2 jessa86

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I love them, haven't had issues with them.

I only started using the Tutto when DS#3 was 2 months (4 months now), so I don't know how they would go on a newborn. We used SIO Small D'lish for the first few months.

My 2 1/2 year old also wears the Tutto, no problems there either.

#3 HeroOfCanton

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

Personally, I hate getting poo out of them, the flaps & elastic etc just make it difficult for me - regardless of the liner I used.

Having said that, they tend to a great fitting nappy on Dd - so I do use them, just only if I'm not 'expecting' a poo lol.

#4 D-nuts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Love them!
They are awesome for going out, last for ages before I need to change them. They snap apart when you wash them so they dry fairly quick, even in winter.

But, not for everything. DD is a tummy sleeper and they leak out the front if she sleeps in it. The other problem is that they take a while to get used to. I'm fine with using them but DH gets confused by them and I'd never expect daycare to get them right.

That said, they came out when DD was 8, 9 months old? so haven't tried them on a newborn.

I'd recommend getting a bunch of them, but also trying some other types.

#5 runnybabbit

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Another one with the Tutto love! They did look crazy bulky when bubby was a newborn, but then we used Bambooties (got a heap on sale) when he was small and he went into Tuttos when he was about three months old, and we've been using them since (he's 10.5 months now). I use the Bambooty flushable liners and his poo doesn't stick. A Little Squirt was indispensable in the days of milk poos!

I think we have had a poo leak once in all the time we have used them. Have read that they don't fit some babies well, but I haven't had any issues.

#6 cassi8

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

another love them!

Started using them on DS quite young, maybe 6 or 8 wks and have fitted perfectly the whole time and never a leak!

#7 Ingrid the Swan

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I'm a little meh on them. They're not my favourite but they're also not my least favourite.

We had a lot of leaks early with them, but we're fine now the nappies have been broken in a bit.

I prefer both the booster configuration and the look of the Bitti all-in-one or snap-in-ones - too bad they are sized (and the sizes aren't that generous - DD is a big girl but she grew out of the small by 2 months and is almost out of the medium at 7.5 months).

Depends on the amount of your voucher, but it's baby expo time, and at last year's expo they had a package where you could get one tutto, one all-in-one and one snap-in-one plus a wipe, and it worked out much cheaper. Maybe you could look at this package and see which of the bitti styles work for you?

Edited by Dabri, 15 March 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#8 Le-a

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:38 PM

I got a $200 gift voucher for $100 from Itti bitti the other day and ordered the six pack of tuttos, so I hope they are good OP!

I haven't tried them yet, I have BBH magicallls and CT's so I'm used to using OSFM nappies, fingers crossed they're as good as they say!

#9 HopefulBaby

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Thanks everyone!

Dabri - unfortunately the PBC expo is some way off in Melbourne, but the baby&toddler show is on soon...so might check out if they have any MCN stalls.

Le-a - I'm like you, I got a $200 gift voucher for $100 (festival of fluff?!) and was also considering the six pack of tuttos. Hope you find they work well for you!!

#10 Le-a

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hey Hopefulbaby, just FYI, I made up the extra 5$ of the voucher with samples of rockin green laundry detergent, and they chucked in a couple extra! Bonus!

All the best on your MCN adventure!

#11 Choufleur

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Hi HopefulBaby

I have a big pile of tutto's and a big pile of d'lishes. I prefer the d'lish now but DH prefers the tutto's. The reason I prefer the d'lishes is I think the fit is slightly better.  The big plus of the tutto is they are OSFM so they grow with your baby and save you $.

I find they are very good in terms of drying and once you get used to how to put them together they're very easy.

I went through a phase of having terrible leaks first thing in the morning after DD's first feed (she was about 5 months old at the time and having 6 feeds but sleeping through the night). In the end I put her in a night nappy for the first 2 hours of the day. Since then though I've had no leaks no matter how much she exploded on huge solid poos.

I can't remember how much the tutto pack is but get some wipes as well, they are lovely. Oh or some RNG. I've just finished my first pack and I've been using it every 2 days for the last 9 months.

Have fun with your voucher!!!

#12 missmuppet

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:14 AM

Another Tutto lover here.

I've been using them on my twin DDs (11.5 months) and DS3 for around 7 months without a problem. They fit well and look gorgeous. Honestly not a single complaint here.

The AIOs are my favourites though. With 3 in nappies (almost 2 now, hooray!), anything that will save me a little time is welcome here.

I'd say 85% of my large stash is Itti Bitti, so I'm very happy with them.

And a big boo to those who managed to nab the vouchers during the Festival of Fluff- I was never online at the right time! Oh poor me..... I did manage to score a share the love freebie though, which I'm currently stalking my postie for wink.gif

#13 Missmarymack

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

They are my second favourite behind bumgenius 4.0s (although I've only tried maybe two other types of Nappies). I do struggle with them however when DD is between sizings - they start leaking which drives me nuts, but otherwise they are fine.

#14 HopefulBaby

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

Thanks for all the responses! Darlings Downunder is holding a workshop in Melbourne this weekend, and are bringing some Tuttos along...so planning to check them out in real life. Though I must admit I am leaning towards spending my Itti Bitti voucher on them original.gif

#15 Cranky Kitten

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

I got a 6 pack of them plus wetbag and 6 wipes on sale - I use them as my going out nappies because they don't take up as much space in the bag as the BBH magicalls. Plus with the snap in soakers, if the cover hasn't been wet you can just snap in a spare soaker set and re-use. Easy-peasy.

The only thing I've found is they're maybe a bit on the itti bitti side - that or my DS is a booffa-butt. He's only 5 months but is already on the largest length setting and going through the width settings at a rate of knots.

#16 butterflydreaming

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Cranky - I think it's just your little one isn't so little, giant baby that he is.
After seeing them on cranky's little one I do LAN on getting at least a six pack. With number 1 I used dlish and loved them.

#17 Choufleur

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I don't find them small, DD is 9.5 months now and on the equivalent snaps on the tutto as she is in the AIO's, a medium pretty tightly done up.  I think it just depends on the shape of your baby.

Having said that there are people in my DIG who have had problems with boys with huge legs - but they don't seem to fit into any MCN's!

ps. my free fluffy mail arrived today  ddance.gif

#18 Le-a

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

Yippee fluffy mail!

Just popping back in to say that I'm a bit 'meh' about the tuttos. My boy is a rather average sized fifteen month old, and the tutto seems VERY tight around his thighs. He is by no means fat, only barely chubby. I have also had a couple of occasions where he has 'breached' the poo fence. I think this is because they are so trim against his bum that the poo has nowhere to sit and has to come out the legs. Ewwww.

But! They look so cute and are definatley the best fit for under clothes! I'm persevering with them because I really want to like them!

#19 misschris

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I REALLY want to love them but I have struggled through the last 9 months with so many problems that now I'm thinking of getting rid of them.  Here are my pros and cons:

Pros
- Economical: If your bub is not a really heavy wetter you can reuse the shell and just put new inserts in.
- Trim fit
- Gorgeous colours, very addictive!
- The 'poo fence' is brilliant, I've never had a poo leak.

Cons
- For my bub, once she got to about 9 months I wasn't able to reuse the shells any longer, she was wetting through them easily
- The fit is not perfect all the time, she goes through periods where I can't get a good fit and we have to use something else
- Unless the fit is perfect, she leaks EVERY TIME.
- Despite them saying they should fit from newborn, they didn't fit my bub until she was around 6 kilos.
- I don't see how this could possibly fit a child up to 20kg as the website claims.  My girl is only around 12 kilos and is already on the large snaps, even though she's on the small side and fairly petite.

Now that my girl is 14 months I've finally given up on them for the time being.  We have gone back to prefolds with Thirsties covers and I LOVE them.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Toddler pleads for return of "stolen" nose

A two-year-old's reaction to a game of "got your nose" shows it doesn't take much to make a toddler cry.

The 15 photos new parents share (and five they don't)

From the first scan photo to the baby covered in cake at their first birthday party, there are 15 photos most parents seem to share - and some they don't.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Breastfeeding friendly café goes viral

A photo of a breastfeeding-friendly sign in a cafe has been posted to Facebook and shared by hundreds of mums around the world.

First look at the Bugaboo Bee3

The newest Bugaboo Bee ? the Bee3 ? offers a variety of improved features, including a much asked-for bassinet and a rainbow of colour combinations.

Childcare costs, not paid leave, the real issue for parents

Given the choice between maintaining their wage for six months to have a child, or having a reduced rate of pay for a time but a better deal on childcare when returning to work, there are no odds on what most working parents would choose.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

We lost three babies in two years

Our first pregnancy ended the way we all expected it to - with a healthy, happy baby in our arms. What a true blessing he was, for we were not to know the heartache we were about endure.

Family turned back from doomed flight MH17

'There must have been someone watching over us and saying, 'You must not get on that flight,' says mother who narrowly avoided boarding the Malaysian Airlines flight which exploded in mid-air over the Ukraine last night.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Adorable Skeanie loafers for kids

Your little toddler or preschooler can now get their nautical on with a new range of classic loafers by Australian show brand Skeanie.

My baby is hypermobile

For months, I have been telling myself not to worry that Jasmin isn't crawling or walking. This week I heard the term hypermobile for the first time.

When you don?t bond with your baby

They say that there is no bond greater than the bond between a mother and her child. But for some women, the mother-baby bond takes more time and effort to develop.

Yumi Stynes: Having a baby after a 10-year break

After a long break, Yumi Stynes gets a reminder of the pain - and the pleasure - of giving birth.

Grieving father asks for help to Photoshop his daughter's image

When Nathan Steffel's daughter Sophia died from a liver condition at just 6 weeks old, he reached out for someone to create a beautiful image of his little girl.

Raising kids in a 'low media' home

Can you imagine a life without TV or computers? Some parents are opting for a low-tech, screen-free life for their kids.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.