Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

Strumming on the guitar
in a band with elmo
its a little bizarre
working on our demo
but he is rocking out on the drums

#178 marjen

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

The air guitar is about as good as it gets with me! I hope elmo can pick up the slack for me!

#179 irises

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

If you could rock with Elmo in a band, what musical instrument would you like to play and why?

Lagerphone!  'Cos lagerphones are an awesome Aussie invention, and Elmo, Big Bird, Snuffy and I would be totally rockin'.

Lala lalaah, lala lalaah, Elmo song!

Edited by flickery, 10 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#180 Meandmyboys2010

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

I'd play the ukelele!! (Well I'd try!), it would suit Elmo and the band for sure!

#181 Mandy GRAHAM

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:38 AM

I'd play the piano as it's fun and sounds awesome.

#182 ajpatane

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'd play the drums, I'm not very musically inclined but I can make alot of noise :-)

#183 philippas

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'd play the tambourine and give it a wiggle
Perfectly in time with Elmo's giggle!

#184 Violet186

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (EBLeearne @ 14/03/2012, 12:52 PM)
14398628[/url]']

Win one of two Sesame Street prize packs containing Talking Plus Elmo, Let’s Rock Grover microphone, Sesame Street Figure pack and Play-Doh Sesame Street Learn to Assortment.

ROCKIN’ ELMO, BIG BIRD AND TALKING ABBY CADABBY - (Ages 18 months & up)
So much learning fun with your TALKING PLUSH PALS from Sesame Street! Simply press Elmo, Big Bird or Abby Cadabby’s tummy to hear them talk, count and even sing about their favourite things.

LET’S ROCK! GROVER MICROPHONE - (PLAYSKOOL/Ages 18 months-4 years)
Sing out and sing loud on the LET’S ROCK! GROVER MICROPHONE! Packed with fun features, the Grover Microphone includes three preschool songs and a button to amplify your voice- just like a real working microphone! For even more rockin’ fun, the Grover Microphone also interacts with the LET’S ROCK!

SESAME STREET FIGURE 2-PACK ASSORTMENT - (PLAYSKOOL/Ages 18 months-4 years)
Designed to fit perfectly into little hands, kids will love to tote their favourite cute, chunky Sesame Street characters with them, wherever they go.  The soccer themed pair includes a sporty Elmo and Count Von Count referee, and the skating duo features Abby Cadabby on roller skates and a skateboarding Rosita.

PLAY-DOH SESAME STREET LEARN TO Assortment - (HASBRO/Ages 3 years & up)
This Sesame Street PLAY-DOH playset makes learning shapes and numbers fun! Create shapes and  numbers in PLAY-DOH modelling compound and cut or stamp them out with Elmo accessories. Each playset sold separately. Available at most major toy retailers nationwide.

Prize:
2 prize packs including:
Sesame Street Talking Plush (Elmo solid) valued at $36.99
Let’s Rock Grover microphone valued at $29.99
Sesame Street Figure 2 Pack valued at $8.99
Play-Doh Sesame Street Learn to Asst valued at $12.99
Total prize being: $177.92

How to enter:
For your chance to win, just reply below with the answer to the following question in 25 words or less:
If you could ‘rock’ with Elmo in a band, what musical instrument would you like to play and why?

T &Cs pinned in competition forum.
Competition commences Wednesday March 14 until Wednesday April 11 2012.

#185 Violet186

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

I would play the guitar because it would my kids world.

#186 Petunia32

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

The flute. Everyone underestimates just how badass the flute can be in a rock band wink.gif

#187 Beetleboots

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

I would sing along with him. Who doesn't enjoy trying to impersonate his cute little voice. Also would sound in tune singing along with ELmo.

#188 auntka5

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

The tambourine,
combining mini symbols with the hide on the frame
a smooth rhythm to boogie and groove!

#189 hollylc26

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Banjo, not enough banjos in rock bands these days, Elmo is sure to bring them back into fashion!!

#190 lindasteabben

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:16 PM

The Spoons
- Not too expensive to replace if they get lost or broken!  original.gif

#191 scentedstars

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

the saucepans as mum won't mind if the ones she has go missing as it means that she can buy herself some new fancier ones that match

#192 Travelbug01

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

I'd have to play the Fisher Price crocodile xylophone. Never seen one of them in a band before. Originality rocks!!

#193 redheeler

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

The harmonica, so that Elmo & I can sing the blues.

#194 Car77

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

I'd rock out with my voice,

Singing with Elmo would be choice,
My kids could be the back up dancers,

Lord knows they are such prancers!

#195 eviee1

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'd rock it with an electric guitar
it'll take the band far
helping the band unite
we'll play tunes all night

#196 chick59

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

Elmo's band needs a supper drummer like our little guy.

#197 loz0181

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Let's throw a little bit of Aussie in the mix with a Didgeridoo!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

Misery loves Facebook

Facebook users are often criticised for only showing the positive, fun parts of their lives. But what about when it swings the other way, when someone uses it for the purposes of ranting about their children all the time, never posting anything positive?

Toddler's adorable impersonation of pregnant mum

Little Ellis has noticed his mum is walking differently lately, and his impersonation of her is hilarious.

'Forgotten baby syndrome' can happen to any one of us

When my third child was two months old, I strapped her into her car seat, then promptly forgot all about her. But she survived, unharmed, because it was winter, and I was lucky.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

Ten things I've learned about motherhood

Never take a good night's sleep for granted. There is no logic like toddler logic. Standing on Lego hurts every time. These are the truths of parenthood.

Parenting past the toddler years: what's next?

Your baby has grown into a toddler, and now your toddler is fast approaching the preschooler stage. What can you expect as a parent?

Tips on what to pack in your hospital bag

Before giving birth I read countless lists, ended up overpacking just a little, and now know what I'll actually want to pack next time.

New app keeps tabs on your kids at childcare

Popular new technology lets parents know what their children are up to at childcare - but not everyone is a fan.

21 things I love about newborns

There?s an irresistible magic about newborns. Of course they're not all smiles and rainbows, but they are undeniably cute and remarkable in so, so many ways.

Kid-friendly hairdressers: who says haircuts can?t be fun?

I?ve found some salons who boast setups ideal for children ? you name it, they?ve thought of it. All are designed to make haircuts fun rather than stressful.

Labour pain relief may reduce risk of postnatal depression: study

Postnatal depression is a complex condition, but researchers say pain relief during labour may help some women.

Why we need better support for men after miscarriage

In a recent study, 85 per cent of men admitted feeling sadness after their partner miscarried, but almost half said they didn't share their feelings at all. What can be done to help them?

Mum in business: Kristy Chong

Kristy Chong is the managing director of Australian-made Modibodi underwear and a mum to Lucas, 6, Jason, 4, and Isaac, 6 months. She shares her advice for other mums thinking about starting their own businesses.

From toddler to preschooler: a developmental roadmap

So your toddler is growing up and will soon be entering the preschooler years. Here are a few ways to frame their development that will help you understand what?s going in those beautiful, funny, clever little heads of theirs.

Mum sacrifices an eye for her unborn baby

Motherhood is full of sacrifices, but this woman has made a life-altering one - and her baby hasn't even been born.

A grandparent by any other name

A growing number of grandparents are shunning tradition and going against conventional names - but a grandparent by any other name still gives the same awesome cuddles and kisses.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

When labour just doesn't happen

After three healthy kids, I can?t help feeling I?ve been a little ripped off. I missed out on something I had always wanted to experience, and now I?ll never get the chance.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Share the little things that make you smile

We're giving away a Mountain Buggy nano, the ultimate travel stroller - and here are some of the great entries so far.

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win a Mountain Buggy nano

We?re giving away the new Mountain Buggy Nano - the lightweight travel buggy! So show us the little things that make you smile for your chance to win.

Be careful what you say, your baby is listening

The importance of speaking to your baby even if they are not old enough to answer back has been highlighted by new research.

Win $1000 with Sea-Bands!

Three lucky fans can win a Sea-Band prize pack valued at over $1000 each, which includes two Sea-Bands plus a $1000 Eftpos gift card!

The beautiful moment a baby was born at the side of a road

It's not where she expected to give birth, but mum Corrine Cinatl is delighted that her daughter's roadside arrival was captured in a series of beautiful photos.

Doctor sings first Happy Birthday to newborns

His job is to deliver babies, but this US obstetrician also has a unique way of celebrating the miracle of life.

Join the Real Mums Test Drive Team

Five mums or mums-to-be will join the EB Test Drive Team and discover great items at an exclusive Big W event. (Sydney only.)

The Nappy Collective starts new drive

It's that time of year when the dedicated volunteers at The Nappy Collective do their bit to help out mums and children in need - and they need your help.

Baby shower cake wrecks

From misshapen cake babies to questionable text, from odd colour choices to internal organ recreation, these are the baby shower cakes that taste forgot.

Photographer captures the beauty of adoption

The love of a family is usually tough to capture on camera. This is an exception.

Pregnancy progression photo ideas

Want to record your pregnancy as your belly grows? Here are some creative, fun ideas for photo shoots along the way.

The myths and facts about "normal" breastfeeding

When it comes to successful breastfeeding, there is a wide variety to what is "normal", according to new research.

Tin can craft and DIY ideas

Got a few old formula, Milo or coffee cans around the house? Use these fantastic upcycling ideas to create items for around the house and yard.

Dads meet their newborn for the first time

Emotional photos of two fathers meeting their newborn son have resonated with viewers worldwide, attracting thousands of Facebook likes and shares.

Skin safety isn't just a summer worry

Lax about the slip slop slap with your kids as weather turns cooler? Here's a reminder as to why we have to remain vigilant for our children?s future health.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Creative sleeping baby photoshoots

See how some parents and photographers have captured sleeping babies in unusual positions and using different props.

DIY kitchen and food hacks

DIY your way to a better kitchen and make cooking easier with our clever hacks. (Some content reproduced with permission from mashable.com.)

Winter warmers for babies and toddlers

Your baby or toddler will be nice and snug in these beautiful and fun winter pieces. Most are hand-made or knitted, and they're all designed to keep your little one toastie - and adorable!

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.