April DIG weekly chat commencing 12 March

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Loue

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:39 AM

Morning ladies!

I feel excitement and anticipation building ... babies getting closer!

I've created a new topic called 'April 2012 DIG Arrivals' which I've asked A2, our mod to pin for us.  When your precious bundle of joy arrives  wub.gif post in there and I'll keep a master list.  As I've said in the list I'll do my best to keep on top of it, and I'll never update the master list unless you post in that thread - i.e.: no announcements made on FB alone will make it to the master list.

AFM: Public holiday here in Melbourne today, tried to call Centrelink but alas no call centre staff on duty today.  You'd think as they're a national agency they'd have people available to take national calls but no ....

Anyway, enjoying my day at home, feel like I'm on mat leave already. 4 work days to go yippee!

Hoping work will raise enough money to buy me the glider chair I want - they asked me what I wanted and I told them!  Generally people chip in and boss will match it so fingers crossed.  Otherwise I'll just buy it myself but hoping not to!  

DH & DS at home, all just pottering about.  Gorgeous day here, been playing in the backyard, doing washing etc.  SIL visiting next weekend so I've been busy nesting getting bed ready for her and tidying out my linen cupboard (good excuse).

Now questions for the week:

Do you feel 'ready' for bub to arrive?  Any hunches on timing - early / on time / late arrivals?
Not really ready yet, still stuff to do.  Would be happy to have at least one week off work before bub arrives to get sorted.  

I'd like him to come 10 days to a week early, beginning of April, before Easter, preferably on the weekend - how's that for a wish list!  Family from Sydney will be here either Easter or just after regardless of bub's arrival, first weekend would be great as IL's can look after DS and my student m/w can definitely make it to the birth.

And note to all mums:   consider your 42 week date the due date, I wish I'd done this with DS (10 days 'late') as those days waiting for him past due date were challenging.

Birth plans written? in place?
Doing that today.  Have a rough one & a borrowed one, just typing it up.

What other prep are you doing for bub?
I'll start drinking raspberry leaf tea now. Nothing else really.
Bought some Fenugreek tablets to increase milk supply. Didn't take them with DS but in hindsight I think they would've helped.

Upcoming appointments?
MW this Wednesday, and fortnightly from now.

Have a great week girls!  Enjoy the last weeks of pregnancy, even when it's tough. Things will change soon enough, enjoy this time before totally besotted and life taken over by bubby (not that that's a bad thing, just enjoy living in the moment now!).

Edited by Loue, 12 March 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#2 CarlieB

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for the reminder that I need to finish filling out the online Centrelink form! I started it at work a couple of weeks ago but when I realised I needed passport numbers etc I could see it was a home job. Including today, I have 10 days left of work, which isn't too bad, but I know it will be a struggle. We're going away this weekend as DP desperately wants to check out a potential wedding venue so we can lock it in. Hoping that flying at 36 weeks isn't too much of an issue... but I'll get my MW to fill in the form when I see her Wednesday so it should be fine. Looking forward to having a final weekend away just the two of us though. Can't believe how close we are as I still don't think it's quite hit me that in about a month I'll be holding my little baby!!

Do you feel 'ready' for bub to arrive? Any hunches on timing - early / on time / late arrivals?
Not yet! Still so much to do! (Like start writing a thesis introduction) But I wouldn't mind a week early. My gut feeling is he'll be a couple days late though.

Birth plans
DP and I both know what we want, but I haven't written it up. I want to talk to my MW on Wednesday about how they do things and take it from there.

I need to get onto the Calmbirth CD and start practicing relaxation. Too busy to think about anything right now - though DP has washed all the clothes and I sorted them into sizes in the drawers over the weekend.

Upcoming appointments?
I'm seeing my MW Wednesday as well, and not even sure after that whether it's weekly or fortnightly!

Thanks for starting the arrivals list Loue; can't wait to start seeing it fill up!

Edited by CarlieB, 12 March 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#3 Loue

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hey Carlie,

I know, I'm keen for the arrivals list to fill up ... waiting for the first post!!  

I still can't quite believe it either, still very surreal, the whole new baby thing!

Enjoy your weekend away, if you feel good I've known plenty of people flying at 36 weeks with no prob.  Good luck and have fun.

#4 dizzy-anne

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thanks for putting up the arrivals list Loue!  And good luck with Centrelink - I was on the phone for 45 minutes this morning finalising my application for paid parental leave!  Hey, if someone's giving me money, I don't mind it taking 45 minutes  original.gif

As for the questions...

Do you feel 'ready' for bub to arrive?  Any hunches on timing - early / on time / late arrivals?
Pretty much, yep.  I'd like her to hang on for a bit though so I can enjoy my BabyQ in 2 weeks.

I wrote my birth plan the other day just after our first April bub turned up!  Still have to go through it with DH and clarify a few things with my ob but pretty happy with it.

I'm practising my relaxation with a calmbirth CD too.  I am also doing active birth yoga which is brilliant.  I start pregnancy aqua aerobics tomorrow - can't wait to get into the pool.  And I'm busy sewing some very cute baby leg warmers as a maternity leave project - am thinking I might make a baby quilt too to fill in time.  (Haven't sewn since Grade 8 so it's a learning curve!)

Upcoming appointments?
Obstetrician next Monday and weekly appointments from then on

#5 Guest_chocmudcake_*

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for starting the thread Loue original.gif and great work with the list too.

Certainly do, everything is done and we are just waiting now. I cant wait. Hoping to go by the 19th of this month, see how I go in the next week.

I have the questionaire that the hospital gave us with the multiple choice done. Im not doing an actual birth plan. Only plan is for bub to arrive safely with no drugs, DH to cut the cord and announce the sex. Anything else can happen as it does.

Trying to go for long walks to push things along, went 4kms yesterday and will probably do the same tomorrow, and trying to DTD again.

Upcoming appointments?
Im on weekly Monday appointments, have been for the last 3 weeks. Dr is happy with everything today and said when im ready I can go in and birth now, lol. He was quite a character today.

#6 teemoodesign

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

hi all. thanks for starting a new thread. it sure is slow in here, i guess facebooks easier to access! afm, got the groceries out of the car today and a bag split, dropping a 1L glass container of peach cordial on my foot. LOTS of blood, multiple cuts, nothing to bad though. i have no idea how to clean that up though, its so incredibly sticky!

Do you feel 'ready' for bub to arrive? Any hunches on timing - early / on time / late arrivals?
c/s booked 30/03, ill be 38w6d then. hoping bubba is an ontime bubba so it goes to plan. but then, when do things 'go to plan'? ready? i guess so, just gotta get my hospital stuff sorted. not sure what kinda clothes to take because im not sure how it will feel after having the c/s. am i best off taking dresses? something with no waist band?? who knows!

my only request is that if i cannot take bubba after he is born, i want DH to hold him. also, if stitching up etc takes a while i want DH to stay with bubba. hopefully we can all be together in recovery. wont be getting DH to pick up his mum and our DS1 until i am in my room and comfortable (as one can be). i also want DH to bring DS1 in by himself first, no MIL. no offence to her, just so DS1 and us can spend a few minutes introducing him and saying hi to DS2.

i was hoping to get some sewing done last week but ended up building lego which im not complaining at. want to finish his quilt for the bassinet and make a couple of nappy pouches (they hold a few nappies and wipes). more prep for me i guess, am starting to drink prune juice and metamucil (sp?) just so everything is going okay down there. starting to be a little irregular for my liking.

Upcoming appointments?
i have one on wed AM with my gp/obgyn. also have to book in with the hospital wed PM, when DH is home from work early. just the admission forms i guess. if i have time, ill go to maternity and ask for a tour. boo like ill do that!

#7 Crodka

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:55 PM

When I saw that little baby born already I just kind of had an 'oh sh*t' moment. I am so not prepared mentally or at home for the baby to come this week. I am so tired today as had a wedding last night, I am so overly emotional, and DH drank a bit too much and didnt go to work so no pay for today. I posted my work dramas on FB, and today they tell me they'll just move someone to my job and get someone new into theirs, so I think I will just resign.  

Not ready. I feel like the house is a disaster. I've got so many little things to book/do before the arrival. I think she is going to come before due date.

None. No pressure.

Would like to go to a breastfeeding class just before due date.

Upcoming appointments?
Next Friday, will be nearly 37weeks. I've been in midwife care all along, so will have an appointment with proper Dr. Need to get a blood test done before to check my iron again.

#8 Franny Glass

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for starting the thread Loue, and also for the Arrivals list! Can't believe they are coming already, how exciting original.gif

More than ready, but she could probably do with a few extra "baking" weeks wink.gif I'm hoping for a 38 weeker, and I have had a hunch all along that she would come around then, so we will soon see.

I wrote mine yesterday, will type it up tonight and then run it past my doula, XP and my Mum to see if I've missed anything.

I'm currently drinking raspberry leaf tea, bouncing on my fit ball, trying to take a few long walks a week etc. All the clothes and nappies have been washed and dried and I've packed my hospital bag, but I've got a few bits and pieces left to do.

Upcoming appointments?
My next Ob appointment is on Wednesday, then I have a feeling it might be weekly from now onwards. I guess I have the Strep B swab to look forward to, is that correct? I also have a bunch of questions to ask my Ob this time for a change, normally I sit there trying to think of something to ask to get my money's worth!

original.gif

#9 MusicGal34

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hi all,

Thanks Loue for the arrivals list and starting this week's chat.  4 days to go for you now, woo!  I bet you can't wait for this week to be over original.gif

I guess as ready as I'll ever be.  I have no idea what to expect, knowing that every baby/experience is different so I'm just waiting to find out I guess.  I won't know until I'm in it original.gif  I've had a feeling and dreams to boot that this baby is coming early, but the way he's hanging out high in my belly, I'm not so sure.  However as I said on FB, there are some concerns about his growth rate dropping off and it could be my placenta not doing its job properly.  I have another growth scan on Friday and that will tell if I'll be induced or not.  Just have to wait till then, and the waiting is getting to me.  It's definitely weighing on my mind that the placenta may not be doing it's job so I freak out every time bubs isn't moving.  But with bubs, it's like he knows I'm concerned, so every time I worry he moves a little and I feel better.  Gotta love the little guy for that.

Yep, wrote mine up yesterday, and printed it out for DP and my 2nd support person.  I had discussed it with the midwives and doctors at my hospital, and it's not really a directive BP, it's more just a wishlist, and a few things I want to draw attention to: my allergy to penicillin, SPD, and that I don't want any students to perform procedures on me (I'm happy for them to observe).  I had a bad student experience when I was in hospital as a teenager involving an IV.  4 attempts, bent needle and a non-working drip later, I just don't want to go through that experience again, so I've decided I'd rather not have that when I'm stressed and in pain.  I'd really love to be spportive of the students and give them an opportunity to learn, and I feel guilty that I won't be that person for them, but I also have to look after myself at the end of the day...

I went with DP to an active birthing class at the start of March and found it really great.  I learned a few positions that are very helpful to me with my SPD to take the pain off while still getting the full use of gravity wink.gif  I'm okay with my ability to deal with pain, I grew up learning yoga and meditation thanks to my hippy parents, so I have a good grasp on visualisations and focus on breathing etc.  The only thing that I really took away was the faster breathing during pushing so I can control the urge to push in that stage if I'm asked to.  I hadn't realised that faster breathing stops me being able to push, so its a good tool to learn original.gif  I also plan on singing very loudly as part of the pain relief because singing has always been an emotional outlet for me and I know it will help in those early stages (maybe not at 4am though, lol).

Upcoming appointments?
Yes, I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow, followed by a hospital appt on Wednesday for my GBS swab, and a growth scan on Friday.  Kinda nervous about Friday, I'm scared they'll induce me then and there if bubs growth has really dropped off.  DP won't be there and I'm already anxious with scans so it's going to be a challenge this time.

AFM - had a bit of a rough morning, was very sick this morning (poor DP had to clean up after me) and I've been feeling like I've been coming down with a cold the last few days.  I tried to bend over to clean up this morning as well but ended up in agony from it so had to leave it to DP.  Since then I've had sharp stabbing pains in my girl parts that haven't got anything to do with my SPD... So wondering if something will happen soon.  I was worried sick all day that by bending over I'd hurt my baby, but he's been quite active today so I guess it's all okay.

36 weeks tomorrow!  I hope it's not another 6 weeks, I've run out of things to clean!

#10 Loue

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

Hey MusicGal - you can come to my place to clean  wink.gif   Seriously though no more cleaning for you.  Rest now, that's what these weeks before bub arrives are for.  Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well.  It is a stressful time for you.  Good that bub is active, I hope all is well and your scans on Friday show the same and bub can take his time arriving when he wants.  Just take your bags with you on Friday, or have them in the car and chances are they'll let you go home!!  Otherwise, go for the induction if recommended, and baby & mum are #1.

I like that you had a week away from the screen, I might do that too.

I SO can't wait for this week to end.  There are no words, really.  Stuff happened last week at work that I can't be bothered putting any energy into at all, let alone re-hashing it here.  4. more. days.

Hi Crodka - I think I had that oh s**t moment too!

Teemoodesign - shocker about your foot!  I didn't see that on FB.  Never mind the cordial, how's your foot?

CMC you are brave or crazy DTD IMO  cclap.gif . I do recall with DS when overdue we were DTD to try & get him moving.  It was ahm, fun and interesting.

Dizzy Anne well done with C'link.  45 mins is a hell of a long time but good result. I'm just going to have to call next week when officially on mat leave.

Night all.  Sleep tight!

#11 bbunny

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hi all,

Thanks Loue for the arrivals list and starting this week's chat. I've been on Mat Leave for the last week and it's been great. I feel so much better even though I'm more advanced in my pregnancy. Not having to trudge to work on public transport has made a huge difference.

Yes, am ready. We have everything, and attended all classes. My hunch is that he will be here between week 39-40. I'm just hoping he won't come on my birthday (late Mar), or on April Fool's  unsure.gif  

No, I don't really believe in birth plans. It's just not something I believe you can plan for, it's really all up to baby. Will play it by ear on pain relief. If I need an epi, will ask for one. only thing I really want to avoid is an emergency C section.  

[b]What other prep are you doing for bub?
I'm kinda doing stuff more for both bub and me. Will be going to a mum meet up by the local ABA. I want to meet as many mums to be as possible and hopefully find a bunch of like minded women who live in the same area to hang out with for the next year.

Upcoming appointments?

Am on weekly OB visits now. Last week, bub was down and 3/5 enagaged, hopefully more progress this week.
[/b

Is anyone else moody? I've been in a bad mood for a few days now... not so much against anything or my DH, but over small comments made by some people really not worth getting upset about. Hoping this is pregnancy hormones....but I wil nlot be rushing to meet up with these people anytime soon.  

Not long now....

#12 Hello_Kitty

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

Thanks Loue for starting this weeks thread & our DIG list - good stuff biggrin.gif

I organised my centrelink stuff about 3wks ago, just less to stress about now! I do all my stuff online - no waiting on the phone & it doesn't close! Easy as original.gif

Questions..

Do you feel 'ready' for bub to arrive? Any hunches on timing - early / on time / late arrivals? - No, I am not ready! So many little things are popping up & going wrong - all I can think of is 'what next!'

I feel she will be early, but then again I said that for DD1 and she was a day late.. If anything DD2 will probably be a day early and arrive on my birthday!

Birth plans written? in place? - I don't have a plan so to speak, although I am getting quite anxious about the birth and I can't pin point the exact reason?  I am considering pain relief, as I am the one having the baby - not my mum (long story...)

What other prep are you doing for bub? - I drank some raspberry leaf tea with DD1 and couldn't handle the taste (made me gag!) I don't know if I will try again this time, but having weekly massages til baby is born

Upcoming appointments?
Yes, next Wednesday is my 36wk MW appointment - I already know baby is engaged & head down, it will be good to get fundal heights etc

I'm over being pregnant, the headaches are knocking me around & I'm averaging 3.5hrs sleep a night (when I get to sleep, normally around 3am) my back aches when I lay on my right & baby hates me laying on my left laughing2.gif

I've been waking up feeling hungry for the first time all pregnancy. Actually wanting to eat toast for breakfast is a refreshing change from vomiting..

Home straight now ladies! Stay well & hope all goes great if babies arrive early original.gif

Xx

#13 C.Lever

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Hi Ladies

I hope you are all well!!

I am def ready for this baby, I have everything ready, not working bring it on I say!!! Iam hoping for a 38 week bubs but don't think my chances are good!! Both DH and I were 2 weeks late!!

I have a birth plan written with things I feel strongly about, I know they can go out the window but I still wrote one, I also wrote a small. Cesarean section plan!

I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea since 34 weeks def getting more BH contractions, I also had my first round of acupuncture today this will continue weekly untill he arrives!

36 weeks now, have so much swelling in my feet nothing I do gets rid of it!!

Xxxx

#14 Working_Mummy

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Sounds like everyone is well and truly ready to meet their babies.

I am over being pregnant, but i don't feel ready to have a baby yet.  Possibly because i still have 5 weeks of work left so haven't had much time to stop and think about 'baby'.

Although due about 25th April, we think the 15th is going to be our date especially considering i am working until the 12th...

All along we have been saying to DS, that the baby will come after his birthday and after mummys birthday and after Easter.  The day after his birthday he woke up and asked where the baby was, now his & my birthdays have passed he has this idea that the Easter Bunny is going to be bringing the baby - i wont be ready for an arrival that early though.

Only done the tick/flick one in the Pregnancy Health Record book, otherwise i will take it as it comes.

I have bought some raspberry leaf tea from T2, but i cant bring myself to drink it.
We built the cradle on the weekend so just have to organise the room, the change table has nappy bags/toys/cloths etc piled on it that need sorting.

Upcoming appointments?
I had my 34 week Growth & Wellbeing scan on Monday to check placenta and now it is in the all clear, I only 3 things left:
30th March - 36 week OB appointment
2nd April - Compulsory Hospital Child Birth Class (Thankfully its just a 1 day refresher because I had DS at the same hospital)
2nd May - 41 week OB appointment (If bub hasn't arrived)

Edited by Working_Mummy, 14 March 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#15 CalC

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi Ladies

I did all my Centrelink stuff online too because I know how hard they are to deal with over the phone (I work in Financial Planning so call them almost everyday). I think I have to go in there though because i was going to start the paid parental leave later in the year so more of it falls in next financial year to reduce tax however now decided to start from when the baby is born to try and get more Family Tax Benefit paymnets.

In good news we have sold our old house (it has been on the market for 8 months) and it will settle just before I finish work at the end of March. That really takes the pressure of DH wages so it looks like I will now take 9 months off instead of 6.

Only 12 more days of work left! Planning on booking myself in for a foot spa trreatment during my first week off as my sister purchased me a voucher for Christmas.

Nope, cot still not made up, dryer still sitting in the babies room as DH has not put it up in the Laundry yet. Our new chest of drawers havent arrived yet either as the ones we have currently are going to go to the nursery (my mum used them for my sister and I). I have to buy a changing pad to go on top as we aren't getting a sperate change table.

Still will probably need to buy some more things too but waiting till after the baby showers (family one and work is throwing me one) to see what I need.

But in saying all that I really want to cuddle my baby already.

Think baby will be late, my sister was born 5 days late, i was 9 days late late, nephew (my sister's son) was 8 dayes late and DH was a couple of days late. Happy with a couple of days late but don't want to be more than a week

Nope. Hospital encourages the kind of birth I want to have. Need to more importantly discuss with DH when are we going to tell people anything. Like do we let family know I have gone into labour or just wait till the baby is born.

Nothing and I don't think I am planning on doing anything.

Upcoming appointments?
Had midwife appt this morning which was good as fundal height increased 3cm over the last 3 weeks but still on the low side of normal as it should be 35 and it is only 32. Have BF class on Friday, see the OB next Wednesday at 36 weeks then again at 38, booked in to see midwife again at 40 but they might be change to the OB depending what he says at next appointment.

So it seems that I will probably give birth to a lower than average size baby according to fundal height but thats ok as it should be easier then? So far I mainly have size 000 stuff so will need to ensure I have a stock of 0000. If baby needs 00000 while in hospital I will send out DH or the inlaws to get some.

Edited by CalC, 14 March 2012 - 04:34 PM.

#16 turnip123

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Do you feel 'ready' for bub to arrive? Any hunches on timing - early / on time / late arrivals? This is No 2 so probably not as ready as I was the first time round, but basically I know I can easily pick up anything I need. I would like to finish organising the photo album- I have ordered the photos, just waiting for them to arrive.
Fingers crossed for an early arrival- Im not known for my patience (that being said I will regret not enjoying this time more once Bump comes)

Nothing written- same as last time. Would prefer no drugs, will have an epidural if the pain becomes greater than than my fear at the thought of someone putting a needle in my spine

Started applying Zinc on my wrists twice a day to increase speed of delivery- DD1 was 1.5 hours active labour- would be pretty happy for this to be the same.

Upcoming appointments?
On weekly appointments so one next Monday (at 38 weeks)- debating whether to get a stretch and sweep or wait till 39 weeks.
Just checked my notes and as of Monday (37 weeks) the head is 3/5 engaged (I think) it has 2/5 with an up arrow, so assuming this means they can feel 2/5 of the baby head above my pelvic bone, so 3/5 in. Of course as this is No 2 the head may pop back out again and according to Dr Google, it is no indication of labour happening soon.

#17 CarlieB

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Sorry ladies, I seem to have inadvertently opened up our 'what's getting me down..' thread to all the miserable EBers out there desperate for a vent.

The mood I'm in, I'm tempted to to tell them to f*@% off and get their own thread! original.gif

#18 Guest_chocmudcake_*

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (CarlieB @ 15/03/2012, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry ladies, I seem to have inadvertently opened up our 'what's getting me down..' thread to all the miserable EBers out there desperate for a vent.

The mood I'm in, I'm tempted to to tell them to f*@% off and get their own thread! original.gif

lol, I was a bit the same when I seen it. Hope your day has improved original.gif

#19 Guest_chocmudcake_*

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Working_Mummy @ 14/03/2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2nd April - Compulsory Hospital Child Birth Class (Thankfully its just a 1 day refresher because I had DS at the same hospital)

Hi Working Mummy, how come your classes are compulsory? All the best with them though original.gif

QUOTE (CalC @ 14/03/2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So it seems that I will probably give birth to a lower than average size baby according to fundal height but thats ok as it should be easier then? So far I mainly have size 000 stuff so will need to ensure I have a stock of 0000. If baby needs 00000 while in hospital I will send out DH or the inlaws to get some.

Congrats on selling your house CalC. I had this issue with DD with measuring smaller. She was born on the 8th%. I had purchased everything in 0000 in preparation but she needed 00000 and was in them for about 6 weeks if not a bit longer. Just thought i'd let you know incase you wanted to get a couple of things.

Due to us not knowing the sex and wanting to leave the hospital within hours of birth, I tried to find a nice going home outfit for bub yesterday. No such luck with anything neutral that I liked sad.gif Will take DH for a shop on the weekend I think.
DD is getting impatient and wanting to see the baby. She told me she couldnt nap today cause she was waiting for the baby to come home first so she could see it. Then she told me to just go and get the baby, oh if only it was that easy original.gif

Hope you are all feeling well original.gif

#20 Loue

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

CMC - depends on what you like but I think DJ's have some cute gender neutral stuff in greys & greens with bunnies etc.  GL!

#21 athnessa

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Good morning everyone! I hope you are enjoying these last weeks as best you can.

Questions: do I feel ready? Sort of, have done all the shopping for baby, got DSs Easter present, packed my bag ready to go. But still waiting on replacement cot bolts from Boori, very frustrating I harass them almost daily and kept getting told they will be posted "today". Also ordered a wardrobe for babys room from Fantastic Furniture. Was told would take 1-3 weeks. After 4 weeks was told it had arrived. Went to collect it and the drawer insert was missing, so we have to wait for that now and in the meantime bubs clothes can't be put away. I have been ringing them every couple of days and was told it could take "a while". I think it could be time for me to do the heavily pregnant cranky visit to the shop and demand to see the manager.  My feeling is this baby will come early.

Birth plan: haven't got one as my plan with DS went out the window so I haven't bothered this time.

Preparation: none.

Appointments: Having a CTG scan today and have weekly OB appointments until the birth.

CMC: I hope you find some clothes you like. I am team pink this time but I have noticed there seems to be fewer gender neutral things around than when I was PG with DS. That's cute about your DDs eagerness for bub to be born. DS has taken to asking me at the end of the day why that baby is still in me and whenever I tell him I am going to the Dr he says "to get the baby out?" 9 months feels like forever to us, I can only imagine how long it must feel for a small child.

I had an OB appointment on Wednesday and she was worried about the level of fluid around the baby being too low. She sent me for an U/S yesterday to measure it and whilst it is in the lower range of normal it is dramatically less than at my last scan 3.5 weeks ago. I am having a CTG scan today and will then see what my OB wants to do, she has mentioned inducing me next week at 37 weeks. Eeek! That sounds really soon. My mother has given me all these dates in the next few weeks to "avoid" as they are birthdays of people she doesn't like. Not a lot I can do about the birth date, although I would prefer it not to be born on my ex husbands birthday.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend and congrats to all finishing work today.

#22 nessrose

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi ladies,

Haven't been in here a while. Hope everyone is well though.

My guess is she will arrive pretty much on time. I was 2 weeks late with my first, 37 weeks with our twins and on time with #4.

Birth plans
Haven't bothered with a birth plan. I find it easier just to list what I don't want. All my labours were pretty different. #1 was 10 hours, pethedine, episiotomy, 2 hour pushing stage and not pleasant. Our twins were a 2.5 hour labour, no time for pain relief and #4 was 8 hour labour with 5 minute pushing stage, no drugs. Just hoping for one similar to the last!

Not much time to do much, but as we are having our 5th girl, we don't need to buy anything apart from nappies! Just got the bassinette and rocker out of storage. That's about it.  original.gif

Upcoming appointments?
Just had an ultrasound today to check the placenta as it was low at the 20 week scan. Happy to say the placenta has moved so no need for a CS and she is head down. Hoping she will stay that way.

Edited by nessrose, 19 March 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#23 butterfly75

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Yes and No.

This is my first and the thought of me being a parent still doesn't really compute. But on the other hand, I am so over being pregnant!

No hunches re timingm, but I am aiming for a 38 week birth (I am 35 weeks now).  I will have had 1 week off work; I will hopefully be nice and relaxed and I will probably have reached the end of my tether with the discomfort, "over it"ness!

Birth plans
My plan is to "Get this thing out of me!!"

I will take it as it comes and on the basis of medical advice.

Almost organised.  I need to pack the hospital bag. Baby shower on the weekend (YAY!) and practice opening the stroller! It seemed so much easier when the lady in the shop did it. wink.gif

Upcoming appointments?
GP tomorrow and another blood test.
OB at the hospital in 2 weeks.
I am not sure what others will be recommended.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

Toddler freed after getting trapped in escalator

A shopping centre escalator needed to be pulled apart to free a toddler's trapped hand.

Why I'm kind of excited about my daughter's nits

Is it weird to say that I am secretly thrilled to find that my daughter Edie has nits?

Baby born at 10:11 on 12-13-14

Well, it's actually 13-12-14 to us over here. But still, Clare Elizabeth Keane's consecutive numerical birth time is pretty special.

On holding tightly and loving fiercely

We can't live in fear. This post is about Christmas and how at this time we should be celebrating life and grateful for what we have: our loved ones who we cherish fiercely.

Babies, relatives and coping with Christmas day

Everyone will love your baby but your baby may not be so happy to be passed around a lot of new people - nor may you want to feed with an audience.

Why I won't be posting pictures of my baby on Facebook

There are pros and cons to this policy.

The myths and truths of gender swaying

Here are a few popular methods hopeful parents-to-be use to try to get a baby of their preferred gender – and what an expert says about whether they really work.

10 easy DIY Christmas decoration ideas

It's officially time to get into the Christmas spirit. Why not branch out when you put up your tree this year and add a personal touch with a few DIY decorations? We've found the perfect easy-to-make ways to put more festive fever into your home.

The dangerous new trend of glucose challenge test refusal

A dangerous trend is seeing more mothers-to-be declining a relatively simple and painless test to check for gestational diabetes.

Office of Fair Trading reveals naughty toys ahead of Christmas

The Office of Fair Trading has pulled seven toys from shelves ahead of Christmas after they fail safety tests.

Video: Baby boy's trouble with twins

These twin girls will no doubt have fun fooling people in years to come, but nobody will be as confused as baby Landon.

Long-term reversible male contraceptive on its way

Men could soon have access to an injectable long-term contraceptive which works in a similar way to a vasectomy but promises to be easily reversed.

'I tried to kill my baby': one mum's story

After bathing and dressing her three-month-old son, Amanda had a rare moment alone with her baby.

Attack of the 'mummy brain'

I feel that almost every day, someone in my life - be they a friend, family member or complete stranger - feels the need to excuse my behaviour as I have other things on my mind.

Mum of baby who fell ill after drinking raw milk speaks out

A Melbourne mother has described how her son turned grey when he became seriously ill after drinking raw milk.

Australian divorce rate lowest since 1976

Modern newlyweds are now well into their 30s and marriage still offers something powerful a new book argues.

The aftermath of a traumatic birth experience

In Australia, 30 per cent of women find their birth experience traumatic, with 6 per cent going on to develop post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).

Young mum burns 'from inside-out'

A young mum is in intensive care after she took a friend's antibiotic and wound up with an ailment that is burning her body 'from the inside-out'.

The disagreement that can break a relationship

If he doesn't change his mind, all I can hope is that I will. It would be a waste to spend the rest of my marriage mourning a baby that never was.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Co-sleeping or no-sleeping? Mum videos worst nap ever

One mother's futile attempt to sleep in caught on camera in a hilarious - and very cute - video.

Why children misbehave during the festive season

While we all like to imagine the holiday season as being a fun, loving and bonding experience; often our reality is quiet different.

I was fat-shamed by my doctor

The fear of being weighed is the most significant factor in women cancelling medical appointments - and now weight-shaming has happened to me.

End of an era: no more childcare

As we reach the end of 2014, we're closing the book on many things for another year, most notably childcare. Our last child has attended childcare for the very last time.

WIN an exclusive performance from Sam Moran!

To celebrate the release of children?s musical series Play Along with Sam, out now on DVD, we?re giving one lucky parent the chance to have Sam perform at their child?s pre-school or day care!

The 7-year itch is more like the 10-year itch: study

Contrary to popular belief, making it past the seven-year mark doesn't mean your marriage will be smooth sailing from there on.

Should children be forced to sit on Santa's lap?

We teach kids it’s okay to say no if they don’t feel safe, so why do some parents force their children to climb in to Santa's lap?

Stop telling us that parenting gets harder

I’m sure that parenting will get harder. But life isn’t exactly smooth sailing for many of us right now, either.

Baby born weighing almost 14 pounds

Yes, the bouncing baby girl was born by caesarean section. And mum says no more kids.

The dummy debate

I'm the first to admit that when I used to see tiny babies with dummies in their mouths, I thought "Hmm, lazy parenting." And now I apologise.

'I thought I was an only child'

Imagine meeting your double at a school sports event, or regularly being mistaken for someone you haven't met. Separated twins Margaret and Joy tell their story.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

As Sydney grieves the loss of Sydney siege victims Katrina Dawson and Tori Johnson, reports have suggested that both died as heroes.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.