REALLY ready for this baby to be born

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 turnip123

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

There is still 3 weeks till Bump is due, but I am over this pregnancy- the heartburn (and occasional vomiting due to heartburn), the battle to put on shoes, the lack of sleep, the pelvic floor issues, the waiting for root canal. ARRRRRRRRRGHHHH.

Anyone else over being pregnant??

#2 dizzy-anne

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

It'll fly turnip!!  We'll have our bundles before we know it!  I'm not quite at your stage yet, although I still have 5 weeks to go.  I am a bit over not being able to sleep though.  I know I won't be able to sleep once bubs comes, but right now it's because I get a sore back - at least when bubs comes there will be a better reason for it!!

#3 ~flaxen~

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Yes. Surviving on about 3 hrs broken sleep a night. My boy pregnancies were never like that...still got up a lot to wee, but could get back to sleep easily.

Was going to work another three weeks, have cut it back to two, now considering throwing the towel in altogether after working the late shift on Friday and having painful Braxton Hicks for the last 3 hrs of it (also did not have this with my last 2 pg...must be a girl thing).

#4 Guest_chocmudcake_*

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Oh yep, I am in the same boat. I HATE pregnancy with a passion. I am over constantly vomiting, feeling sick, heartburn, back pain, SPD, not being able to cut my own toe nails  rolleyes.gif cant dry my feet and ankles properly after my showers, etc etc. I could go on forever.

I have started trying natural induction methods, DTD, but my goodness it hurts with SPD. Went for a 4.5km walk today and still waiting. Bring on the curries this week and eating pineapple original.gif

Oh also very over the contractions that are going no where, and no they are not just braxton hicks, they are real ones too. I will see this bub eventually, even if it doesnt feel like it at the moment.  biggrin.gif

Thanks for the vent girls  unsure.gif

#5 C.Lever

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

I don't like saying in over pregnancy as it was a battle to get hear, but i am so ready to start the next chapter of our lives with our little man!
Still have 4 wks and 3 days to EDD but bring him on anytime im ready!!!

Sleeping is getting hard, and if im going to be awake I would rather be looking at my baby then my ceiling!

I have been drinking the raspberry leaf tea for 2 weeks having BH but that's it, but I have my first round of acupuncture this Wednesday! Then another lot at 38 then weekly till 40 and x2 weekly till he comes! Hoping just to get to 38 lol don't like my chances!!!

Xxxxx

#6 CarlieB

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

I love my sleep and I usually sleep really well, but I've started really struggling. Had the worst night sleep last night and I'm already so tired so hate not sleeping! I'm so irritable all the time I just don't want anyone to talk to me because I know they'll p*ss me off. Poor DP's really feeling it. I got stuck in traffic on Saturday and it made me cry! Not happy about having 2 weeks left of work as I also have a uni assignment due on Friday and I'm really struggling to get everything done! Right now just looking forward to finishing work, but I'm sure by the time I get there I'll be really wanting this baby to come. Getting to the pointy end now ladies!

#7 erinmac

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

I hear you!!

On the whole I have had a really smooth, great pregnancy throughout and have actually really enjoyed it. But I have had a damn cold for the last week which is making me really tired, combined with bad pelvic pains means Im not getting any sleep and feeling very sorry for myself!

I know sleep deprivation will be the norm once bubs arrives but at least it will be more constructive loss of sleep - not because my body has decided to shut down!

#8 mum to b

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I still have 5 weeks to go, so far I have enjoyed being pregnant...guess I have been really lucky, had a few weeks of morning sickness to begin with then all been good since..get sick of getting up to go to the toilet numerous times a night tho.  I'm so looking forward to meeting and holding my baby girl..

#9 MusicGal34

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm with C.Lever, I don't want to say I'm over this pregnancy because of the issues I had last time, BUT I will be looking forward to meeting the little one sooner rather than later and an end to SPD and the nausea and vomiting original.gif

Edited by MusicGal34, 12 March 2012 - 07:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.