Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

New thread time ladies.

Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 leebec

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:56 AM

GOLD - yay that's a good thing.

Im cd10 first bloods Tuesday. Hopefully O Saturday or Sunday and transfer next week.

#3 Jazza L

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

SILVER wink.gif

Edited by Jazza L, 11 March 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#4 CClove

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

Bronze!!

Trigger last night , very bad back pain today but other than that, everything is normal, not feeling any tummy pain at all , a bit werid

#5 Little.One

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

Magenta - thanks for your post. I read it at the time and it brought me comfort. original.gif I know that others here have had the same experience as I had and it's nice to know I'm not alone on the crazy road to..hopefully motherhood.

I'm trying to take it easy on myself and have kept your suggestion in mind about doing something nice for me each day. Even if it's trying to make myself less guilty for eating that extra chocolate.. laughing2.gif probably not wise but it gets me through!

babycuddler - thanks for updating me and for your kind words x

CClove - hope the pain subsides and good luck!!!!

So, tomorrow I have a BT and US to check my levels and lining in this medicated cycle. Last US my lining was slightly behind where they like to see it (it was 5.6 and they like it at 6 and above). That was last Monday, so I'm expecting after a week it should have caught up. Fingers crossed. Honestly though, I'm not stressing over it. Because I have absolutely no control over anything. Knowing that and embracing that has made me less crazy this cycle. Wednesday is the scheduled transfer date, providing all goes well with me and the embryo thaw.

If it doesn't work this time I'm thinking I'll take some time off before going through a whole new stimulated cycle. Not really into that idea. I've even rather take the other option of an IUI maybe. But I'll come to that bridge if and when I cross it. original.gif

Edited by Little.One, 11 March 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#6 Jazza L

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

All the best to CClove today for EPU and Waiting for transfer.

Edited by Jazza L, 12 March 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#7 cordyline

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Little.One @ 11/03/2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because I have absolutely no control over anything. Knowing that and embracing that has made me less crazy this cycle.

You are so right. This is me at the moment. I am not really embracing the lack of control, but just reminding myself everytime I start overanalysing or getting sad when things arent going to plan. WE ARE DOING EVERYTHING THAT IS IN OUR CONTROL. Just have to keep reminding myself that.

CClove - good luck with EPU.

AFM - 2ww sucks. No real symptoms. Had a headache all of this morning (which I usually get 2 days or so before AF) - so not feeling too confident. But...it is not in my control so....(damn I wish it was in my control rant.gif ...ok breathe)...the 2ww craziness continues...

#8 Little.One

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Cordy I know it's so damn hard. Especially during the 2ww. I seriously was a mad woman. I realised this when I was spending my lunchbreak in the westfield toilets eating jelly beans while staring at a pregnancy test waiting for a line or some sign that something was happening! That was my low point. This cycle I am determined not to be that way. wink.gif
How far are you into the 2ww??? Just keep telling yourself.. I've done all I can do..and now I enjoy not thinking about next steps and just try your best to keep busy.
I know it's REALLY bad.. but if I have to think about something baby related I spend my time sourcing the internet for baby names. Probably sets myself up harder for a fall but keeps me thinking positive and not googling things like 2ww symptoms, endometrial lining, certain grades of blastocysts. yadda yadda yadda..

AFM: Transfer confirmed for Wednesday, 3pm. My BT showed my progesterone at 40 (they like it over 30) and my lining was 7mm (they wanted it over 6).

You know what was funny though? I had a dominant follicle... I forgot to ask the lady if thats normal. You see I'm Polcystic so I don't ovulate or get follicles.. Here they are trying to not activate my ovaries in a medicated cycle and I have a follicle. It was 10mm but yeah how strange. Makes me wonder if I would ovulate on my own?

#9 CClove

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi all

A quick update from me , EPU today and got 9 eggs.

I am surprised as the scan show I have 9 follicles only and 2 of them were smaller than 10 mm on Friday.  So i never expect to have 9, however when I ask the surgeon he said I only have 7 follicles but I got 9 eggs, I just can't get around my head. Anyway I am happy to get 9 , now hopping to have a good fertilized rate, fingercross  original.gif

Still feeling sore so I am going to get some rest now, hope everyone is doing well

#10 Guest_Waiting ..._*

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Jazza - thank you so much for your kind wishes!

CClove - fantastic result with 9 eggs! Am sending positive vibes your way and hope that you feel better soon! Rest up.

Little.One - I hope that trf comes around fast for you ... that all sounds positive so far.

cordyline - 2ww quite simply sucks ... no if's or but's about it. I hope yours comes to a positive end soon!

leebec - good luck with your bloods!

And me ... first ever tfr today ... 5 day blasto and all went really well ... but SO fast! I never expected it all to be so quick and it was so cool to see it on the ultrasound for the first time. Out of 7 that originally fertilised we ended up with 2 at grade "5AA" which DH and I nodded excitedly about and then went ... wtf does that mean? Haha  biggrin.gif  Then we had a 3rd and 4th that they are watching further today. They expect we will have at least 2 to freeze, possibly 3,  which I am really happy about. And so my 2ww begins ... thou shall not obsess. Thou shall not obsess  wink.gif  

Hope that everyone had a great start to the week, especially those lucky ducks with a public holiday today!

#11 Magenta_

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

That's fantastic Waiting... hoping and wishing you get your BFP.   wink.gif
Magenta x

#12 Guest_Waiting ..._*

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Thank you so much magenta ... it is so hard to keep a level head now because everything has strangely gone so "textbook" smooth for us with this first IVF cycle. I am not use to textbook smooth! Haha  biggrin.gif

Have a great Tuesday!

#13 wtp***81

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

good morning everyone,

Waiting - congrats on your transfer, fingers crossed for you!

CClove - great result with the eggs, I hope you get a good fertilisation rate!

Little.One - best of luck with this cycle!

Hi to everyone that I've missed

AFM - I had another scan this morning, unfortunately the FS thinks he got the dose completely wrong for me as he was trying to play it safe because he thought I would be at risk for OHSS, but he thinks he went too low altogether with the dose.  Basically he said that if we went ahead then we would probably only get about 3 eggs and he thinks that I should get much more than that if he gets the dose right....so we are not going to go ahead with this cycle, I now have to go on the pill for a few weeks then start again.  So frustrating that I have wasted a few weeks on this cycle for nothing.  Oh well, nothing I can do about it I guess.  Hoping you all have much more luck this cycle!  Have a good day everyone
xxx

#14 cordyline

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

Well it is a pity party over here at my place. cry1.gif The 2ww is over 4 days before BT. I got AF this morning at 3am. I knew it was coming with my headache and cramps last night. I am very disappointed as I let hope get the better of me - I had worked out that if this cycle worked I would be 12 weeks pregnant the day I was due with my last miscarriage and also a week before mothers day - so that is when we would have announced our pregnancy to family - on mother's day.

So anyway I called the nurse as I wanted to get my BT over and done with and do it this morning but I still have to wait until Thursday!! Annoyed about that but not in my control.  As long as we are given the go-ahead we are going to launch ahead straight into a FET.

wtp - that is frustrating. That is what my FS did - played it safe with too low a dose and I ended up stimming for 19 days to get 7 eggs whereas my first cycle was stim for 9 days with 17 eggs. But it is frustrating to have invested all that time and then for the cycle to be cancelled.

CClove - 9 eggs - that is great! good luck for fertilisation

Waiting - 2 5AA blasts - sounds positive. Fingers crossed and good luck with the "thou shalt not obsess" part.

Little.One - I also look for baby names. I have way more baby names on my "short list" than children I could ever give birth to.

#15 wtp***81

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

Cordyline - so sorry to hear that.  This process is so frustrating.  I hope you are ok and that you can go ahead with your FET this month.

Hopefully someone in this group gets some good news soon - it's about time for some I think!

xxx

#16 leebec

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Had my cd12 bloods today - that was fun....NOT....they always have trouble getting a vein and instead of listening to me and using a butterfly and blah blah - they like to faff around and try and stick me.....idiots...

I am now waiting for the clinic to call me back with the results. I have felt a few twinges the last couple of days on my right side which would be my luck but my CBFM is still only showing low so there is no sort of surge at all.

Looks like I wont be O'ing on cd16 like I did last cycle so I can pretty much rule out a transfer next week I would say. Who knows when it will happen.

Cordyline - sorry AF showed up - I know how hard it is.

Wtp - sorry they cancelled your cycle. Hopefully next time they get it right.

#17 Wacky Wobbler

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Cordyline - I am so sorry you got AF. I hope Thursday rolls around quickly for you and you can go straight into another FET.

#18 CClove

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi all

Back to work already..  the EPU went well original.gif, I have the same suregon as last time and he has done an exceptional job again, I only have spotting, no bleeding which make all the different, apart from some pain and discomfort in tummy, everything is fine..  

Nurse has just called and 6 out of 9 are fertilised.   To be honest, a little disappointed  aannoyed.gif , I thought the fertilisation rate would be better than last time (6 out of 8 were fertilised last time) but I guess I just can’t put my hope up too high otherwise I would be more disappointed down the track…

So now I am waiting for a day 5 transfer which will fall on Saturday once again.. I think I have been lucky that all my transfer days fall on Saturday, so I can get Sunday to rest before going back to work and no need to take day off..  fingercross I can get some to freeze this time

Cordyline, so sorry to hear AF arrived before BT, I always have AF before BT so totally understand how devastating it is, I know that chance may be very slim but still want to keep my fingercross for you, hopefully the BT turn out a good result and the bleeding really mean nothing.. if not, hopefully you can go straight to FET and don’t need to wait another month.. good luck  hands.gif

Leebec, good luck for the BT result, hopefully you can have a date set for your transfer soon

Wtp**81, sorry that your cycle is cancelled.   I also didn’t stim enough in my first cycle, nearly got cancelled as I only have 3 follicles in my first scan, only lucky enough to get 2 more in the second scans otherwise I would have a cancel cycle too..  hopefully your FS put you on a more aggressive cycle next time and you get a better outcome, good luck

Waiting – 2 5AA blasts, look good.. my clinic doesn’t do grading, I do hope they do… good luck to your 2ww

#19 Little.One

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (wtp***81 @ 13/03/2012, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFM - I had another scan this morning, unfortunately the FS thinks he got the dose completely wrong for me as he was trying to play it safe because he thought I would be at risk for OHSS, but he thinks he went too low altogether with the dose. Basically he said that if we went ahead then we would probably only get about 3 eggs and he thinks that I should get much more than that if he gets the dose right....so we are not going to go ahead with this cycle, I now have to go on the pill for a few weeks then start again. So frustrating that I have wasted a few weeks on this cycle for nothing. Oh well, nothing I can do about it I guess. Hoping you all have much more luck this cycle! Have a good day everyone
xxx

That seriously sucks. I'm so sorry to read this. I can imagine it would be very frustrating. The only consolotion I can provide is that at least the Dr has more information for your next cycle to get it right and didn't overstimulate you. Cause that sucks.
Take it easy and treat yourself during this time. Fingers crossed next cycle is all yours. x

QUOTE (cordyline @ 13/03/2012, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it is a pity party over here at my place. cry1.gif The 2ww is over 4 days before BT. I got AF this morning at 3am. I knew it was coming with my headache and cramps last night. I am very disappointed as I let hope get the better of me - I had worked out that if this cycle worked I would be 12 weeks pregnant the day I was due with my last miscarriage and also a week before mothers day - so that is when we would have announced our pregnancy to family - on mother's day.

So anyway I called the nurse as I wanted to get my BT over and done with and do it this morning but I still have to wait until Thursday!! Annoyed about that but not in my control. As long as we are given the go-ahead we are going to launch ahead straight into a FET.

This sucks too sad.gif I'm so sorry Cordy. I can't remember is this was a fresh or frozen cycle for you?? If frozen, there should be no problems to go straight into another cycle if thats what you want. The silver lining is at least the next cycle has already begun for you.
Look after you. x

QUOTE (leebec @ 13/03/2012, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Had my cd12 bloods today - that was fun....NOT....they always have trouble getting a vein and instead of listening to me and using a butterfly and blah blah - they like to faff around and try and stick me.....idiots...

I am now waiting for the clinic to call me back with the results. I have felt a few twinges the last couple of days on my right side which would be my luck but my CBFM is still only showing low so there is no sort of surge at all.

Looks like I wont be O'ing on cd16 like I did last cycle so I can pretty much rule out a transfer next week I would say. Who knows when it will happen.

I get the BT. Most of my nurses are great but I have two that I don't like having. One, because it doesn't ever hurt at all but boy do I bruise from her. It must be the way she draws the blood or how quickly she vacuumes it out. The other lady I don't like just always digs that needle in so hard. Shes such a sweet girl too but a monster with the needle!

Good luck, hopefully you O soon!

QUOTE (CClove @ 13/03/2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all

Back to work already.. the EPU went well original.gif , I have the same suregon as last time and he has done an exceptional job again, I only have spotting, no bleeding which make all the different, apart from some pain and discomfort in tummy, everything is fine..

Nurse has just called and 6 out of 9 are fertilised. To be honest, a little disappointed aannoyed.gif , I thought the fertilisation rate would be better than last time (6 out of 8 were fertilised last time) but I guess I just can’t put my hope up too high otherwise I would be more disappointed down the track…

Glad to hear the EPU went well and you are feeling good. 6 out of 9 is still a good fertilisation rate! It only takes one right? original.gif

AFM: ET tomorrow.. just want it over and done with. Hoping that my little loui thaws beautifully. Fingers crossed.

#20 luluc32

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Wow, so much going on here!  I just got back from having 5 days away in Sydney!

I will have to read through and catch up on where everyone is!  So sorry about your cancelled cycle wtp***81.  That really is frustrating.  

AFM - Bad news is right before we went away, the fertility clinic said they must have 'misplaced' DP's CPOC form as they had mine returned but not his and without it we were not able to start.  SO FRUSTRATING.  so we filled out another and are awating it's return so we can start jabbing on about the 8th of the next month.  Babycuddler, would you please move me to waiting for AF?

Good news is, I left for holidays with a DP and came back with a Fiancee! original.gif  Lucky me got proposed to on top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge while we were doing the climb!

Hope everyone is well!!

xxx

#21 wtp***81

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

Thank you so much for all your kind words, feel much better as the day goes on.  Am busily planning all the things I didn't think I'd be able to do over the next few weeks as I thought I'd be mid-cycle - e.g. going to a winery with DH, going away for a weekend etc.  Also looking forward to not having to have an injection for a few weeks.  Trying to look on the bright side at the moment anyway!

Luluc - sorry about the mix up by the clinic, so annoying.  but CONGRATS on the engagement! I just got married a couple of months ago and I found planning a wedding a great distraction!

xx

#22 Jazza L

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

Howdy all. Its been busy here!

Cordyline-I let out a few expletives for you. Sorry hon.
Wtp-Stuff like that used to happen to me, delay after delay...so frustrating. But better off getting a good result. It's very much trial and error at first.
Luluc32-Congratulations on your engagement. Brightened up this pages day!
Hi to every one else.
Littleone and Waiting- How's 2ww going?

AFM -day 5 post transfer. Nothing much to report. Suprisingly sleeping ok-think the progesterone makes me a tired and dopey by 9pm.Wierd full on dreams tho. Also wierd was that my boobs were agony since starting the prog until yesterday now they hardly hurt at all. Starting to analyse for symptoms which is a bit rediculous considering I'm so lucky to have had a baby before and know full well I had not one symptom until week 6.

Edited by Jazza L, 14 March 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#23 Little.One

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

My embryo failed to survive sad.gif no transfer for me.It was my last embie. Now.. I don't know what to do. Take a break. Start again? I don't know.Trying something new? I don't know. I just know right now I am heartbroken and nothing will fix that right now.I guess I'm going to try and focus on getting my head around this and where I'm at and hopefully in time will be able to make a decision. Right now I can't. I want someone else to make all my decisions for me.
Right now I need to lick my wounds.

#24 wtp***81

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Little.One I am so sorry to hear that, this absolutely sux - it bought a tear to my eye when I read that.  I have no advice to offer you but just wanted to say that I hope you are ok and please look after yourself xxx

#25 Jazza L

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

Littleone-Oh no. So sorry.IVF can be truely hideous. There are no words except that we hear your pain.

Edited by Jazza L, 14 March 2012 - 07:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.