AC Grads - Due Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2012 - #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#76 Kate128

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:37 AM

Yay Wishful! Had been wondering how you went. Hope the MS isn't so bad today.

Good luck for yours tomorrow Indigo.

Edited by Kate128, 11 April 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#77 Lorem ipsum

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

Hi Guys,

Hope everyone had a good Easter. I still have a couple of eggs left, I sadly they are on the endangered list.

Indigo During my scan the sonographer talked throught all the bits, like 'there is the nasal bone' and 'the NT measurement is in the normal range'. They then sent the data over to a central lab, which had my BT results. I was told it would take about 30 minutes to come back, and we could either wait or the Dr would call us. We went for a walk and waited. We also got a letter from the lab with everything written down mailed to us later. We got a couple of photos and a DVD. Cause we are going to the public hospital it was all bulk billed.

Wishful
Congratulations on your good result! Hope you are feeling better soon and are able to start enjoying your second trimester!

Kate Bummer about your jeans, Hopefully your gas will settle down soon and you can fit back into them. I have just had to go down a hole on my belt, but I think I will be ok in my jeans for a little while yet. I did tell my parents at Easter-see more below!

OneDS Thanks for the info on the Doppler, I hope you are feeling a bit better. You are having a rough time of it aren't you.  hhugs.gif

AFM Well I told my parents over easter. They were both really happy and cried. I was making some hot cross buns, and told mum that I'll just put these buns in the oven, and Oh yes, I have another bun in the oven. Big hugs ensued, and my dad almost crushed me!
My mum (who knew we were trying for a long time) said it isn't just a new chapter it's a whole new book.

#78 indigo~

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thanks Lorem and Kate! I'll be very happy to have it behind me, to be honest.

I was watching the news tonight and saw the footage of all the screaming teenage girls at that visiting boy band...I looked down at my belly and said "please be a boy"  biggrin.gif

Just thought I'd mention that target has their maternity essentials pack of leggings, singlet top and belly band on sale at the moment, down from $45 I think, to $25.

Has anyone bought anything maternity or for baby yet? I bought the belly belt as I'm bursting out of my work pants (more fat than baby related I think!).

#79 Wishful thinking

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Good luck tomorrow Indigo, look forward to hearing about it  original.gif
My scan sounds pretty similar to Lorem's. Dr talks through what they see showing you everything on a big screen and then gives you a couple of happy snaps at the end. Everything was then sent off to the lab and I had the option of waiting (about an hour) or calling for the results later. I opted to go back to work and call later given I already had to wait over an hour for the actual scan. Also got a DVD which was at no extra cost, thankfully given scan was around $250 (I think).

Lorem, that was a really sweet way to tell your parents. They sound lovely & supportive. Chocolate eggs are an endangered species in my house too.

Frogga, M2one and Kate, thank you for your well wishes. MS has been much better today too.

Wishful.

#80 indigo~

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

Hi all,

NT scan today and went well, hooray! Low risk, even at my dodgy old age and all seemed normal and healthy so far. Woot woot! Bubs is measuring 2 days ahead but they said I could keep my existing due date.

Sounds like you guys got a better deal than I did. My scan was $320. I wonder how much Medicare will kick in? And the DVD wasn't included, it was extra (didn't bother getting it, will get one at the morph scan). I did get heaps of pictures. And a goodie bag, too!

Lorem, really lovely way to tell your folks. You guys won't believe it, but I still have Easter eggs left. I've been trying to restrict the intake so I don't put bubs into a diabetic coma already.

Wishful, puffsgirl, hope your ms is not too bad. I'm still queasy every day. Looking forward to it disappearing in the 2nd trimester.

Frogga, Kate, M2ODS, hope things are going well with you all.

M2ODS, when is your NT scan? It must be soon, given you're 2 days ahead of me?

When are people thinking of telling everyone? I'm suddenly feeling reluctant for some reason. I'll probably hold off from telling my boss for another couple of weeks.

Edited by indigo~, 12 April 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#81 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Congratulations Indigo! Now you can heave a sigh of relief, a super sized one! original.gif

Mine is tml...yes and I am getting nervous indeed so I surely know how you ladies feel. All these 2ww, then 3ww then 2ww then 1ww...waiting just for scans and appts can be exciting and at the same time nerve-wrecking. I am impatient yet apprehensive...so many emotions! Thankfully I have the fetal doppler and can hear baby every few days....it is just so resassuring and amazing to be able to hear that galloping heartbeat in my tummy. I dont know what to expect with the scan so thanks for all the info shared here.

Had dinner with some good friends last night. THey have all known about my pregnancy last week when we had picnic. Well my bump is very obvious anyway. Felt so good to be treated like queen  biggrin.gif haha...friends were all so careful about having me around and making sure I was alright. I did not really want to go out but one of them insisted on picking and sending me home...so sweet of her! I had a great time...came back and slept so well.

Lorem, you brought tears to my eyes with how your parents celebrated with you. I could feel their joy about their daughter's miracle.

Indigo, I have not started buying baby stuff but have started re-organising the whole house a bit slowly and casually, just before our trip in few weeks time and to clear space to prepare for baby's arrival. Lots to do, threw out lots of stuff. We are also procrastinating telling people though I am dying to tell the whole world, so I will just let them find out from other friends who know or let them see my bump when we meet. My friend said it is probably cos of the m/c I had before so this pregnancy is still unreal until I hold my baby in my arms. I totally agree.

Oh I saw those silly teenage girls on TV going crazy about One Direction too and I was like gosh if I were your mum, I would be so embarrassed. Is that all to life? Going crazy idolising other teenage kids? I feel sorry for them and hope they would find better meaning to life than this.

Guess what? I have not eaten a single easter egg! Tounge1.gif

My osteopath appt went well and she taught me a few ways of stretching my hip bones and better sleeping positions. The one with cardiologist was ok too...he said the palpitations I have are very common and he sees lots of women like me. He said I wont suffer heart attack with them and it wont affect baby or pass to baby, so I am much relieved. I had the holter monitor for 24 hours to record my heart activity and will do a heart ultrasound before seeing him again.

#82 Wishful thinking

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yay Indigo, congrats on your good scan results

#83 Kate128

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Congrats Indigo!! Sounds like you have a very healthy baby in there! Well done!

#84 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

I have finished my NT scan. Baby's all fine and active. It's so amazing having a little miracle growing in me moving all the time and yet I cannot feel it yet. original.gif

The sonographer said I can only get my results probably next Wed. I know today is Saturday but why do I have to wait so long? Most of you got your results on the same day. Do you know your NT readings? Mine is 2.89. She said mine is higher side of normal range. Max is 3mm. So she has to get my blood test results and combine it to let me know. Are you given the all clear based on just the scan or combined with BT? I know I shouldnt worry but now I have to wait several days...what a bummer. DH is not at all concerned but I know these few days I would be preoccupied up in my head again.

ALso, did your sonographer check anything about nasal bone? Mine didnt, only when I came home and have a google then I learnt about that. Besides that she said everything-wise is all good.

Sonographer also says it seems more a boy to her. Boy or girl I am really ok. original.gif DS would be really happy too.

#85 indigo~

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hi M2ODS! Great news that bub was healthy and wriggling at your scan. Bummer about having to wait for your results though. I can imagine it's a weight on your mind.

The NT measurement for mine was 1.82mm but the sonographer said that the result is a combination of measurement and blood test results, so one shouldn't be considered in isolation of the other.

I got the combined result about 15-20 mins after the end of the scan. Sonographer did the scan and then passed it all over to the Dr for review and for telling me the result.

The sonographer checked lots of things and pointed them out to mum and I as she found them, like nasal bone, feet, legs, hands, heart (including seeing the 4 chambers), kidneys, stomach, certain blood vessels. The cutest photo we got was of the little feet. The sonographer called them cute little ducky feet.

I hope the next few days fly by for you till you get your results. Can you organise some outings to try and stay busy?

Just wondering what everyone's cervical lengths were? Mine was 34mm which seems short based on what I could find via google. I've now moved on from stressing about the NT result to stressing about cervical incompetency and late miscarriage.

#86 Lorem ipsum

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hi Guys, Indigo and OneDS congrats on your results!

OneDS My NT measurement was on the higher side too, 2.7mm, but like Indigo said, it is the combined result. What a pain for you to have to wait though. Are you iin Victoria? As far as I know all the results get sent to the RCH, so it doesn't make a lot of sense how long your wait is. Hope you can keep yourself occupied original.gif

Indigo, I don't think I got told a cervical length? Also, step away from Dr Google, his qualifications are sketchy at best.

I have started to pop out a little bit, and I had to buy maternity bras the other week. although I am not sure how much of the bump is baby and how much is just my gut original.gif I have also odecided to stop worrying about everything, and try and be more positive. I figure I am doing everything I can to help baby already, and if anything was to go wrong it would be about a million times worse than I could imagine anyway. So I am just going to enjoy the pregnancy as much as I can.

#87 indigo~

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi all, can I run something past you?

Do you think I'm over-reacting on this...

My mother plans to 'out' me as pregnant to extended family in a fortnight's time, whether I'm ready to tell or not.

She's decided that she wants to have a big group of people over for lunch - half know that I'm pregnant and the other half don't. The half that don't are family but not close family.

I let her know at least a week ago that my preference was not to have them all over at once as it was bound to slip out that I was pregnant, and I might not be ready to tell people by then (this was before the NT scan).

Mum has decided that she would prefer to have them all at once as it's easier for her having to cook once for a big group rather than twice (if she was to have them over for a meal separately). I have just got off the phone with her and I'm still shaking my head.

I don't feel like I'm ready to tell everyone just yet. I may in a fortnight's time, but I won't even be 15 weeks by then and I feel like it should be my decision. I'm still having cramps daily which freak me out. I feel like I'm being forced into making the decision NOW that I'll tell people in a fortnight's time.

I am still trying to work out in my head how I will tell people that I'm pregnant and yes, I'm doing this on my own. It's a little more complicated than if I was in a relationship.

Am I over-reacting? I know I'll have to tell people eventually, but I stupidly had this expectation that it would be on my terms.

#88 Lorem ipsum

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Indigo, You are not over-reacting. This is your news and you should be able to tell who and when you want. I think your mum is obviously excited, but she is out of line.

I hope you can work something out.  hhugs.gif

#89 Wishful thinking

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi ladies,
Mum2one, glad to hear that bubs looked happy and healthy. How strange that they do the NT scan on a Saturday and then make you wait for results...
Lorem, that is so great that you are at a point where you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Not sure if I'm ever going to get to that point with this pregnancy.
Indigo, I def think you need to put your foot down with your mum and break the news when you feel ready. I have told the majority of people now and then was thinking today that I was going to have to untell everyone after a massive scare last night/today.
So, went to the loo last night after a pretty physical day and found I had had another bleed, quite a lot of blood and bright red too. Debated whether to go straight to the ER but after reading (thank you google) that if it is not enough to fill a pad in an hour its okay (yeah right!) decided to wait it out and see what happened. Thankfully bleeding slowly ceased over the rest of the night but was still having cramps and light streaky blood when wiping (Sorry for TMI). I rang my OB first thing this morning & went in for scan this afternoon. Was bawling my eyes out by the time I went into the scan room, was so sure it was going to be bad. Think I cried even more finding out baby is still alive and fine. OB thinks bleeding came from cervix due to increased blood flow in preg. As to why? Don't know....
Hope everyone else is travelling well, Kate, Frogga, Puffs.
So emotionally exhausted, the IVF has obviously taken a bigger emotional toll than I first thought.
Wishful.

#90 Frogga78

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Wishful - I'm sorry to hear you've had such a hard night/day but am very happy to hear everything has turned out ok. Big big hugs to you bbighug.gif
Indigo - not sure how I would deal with that situation. My mum wouldn't put me in that situation. I guess I would weigh up how stressful it will be with your mum to enforce the no tell rule. You'll be 14 weeks in a fortnight?
Congrats on NT scans ladies - glad that there's some healthy little beans on board!
Hi to Lorem, Kate, puffs and have I missed anyone? Wouldn't surprise me because I'm having issues even remembering my name of late!
AFM - nausea seems to be subsiding slightly only to be replaced by migraines and headaches. I think I would have preferred to keep the nausea.

#91 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Indigo, I think your mum should respect your wish over the convenience of meal preparations. She should not take over the decision-making of announcing to others, you should. What is that with short cervix? I never heard of that before.

Wishful, what a day you had. I can imagine how hard it is. I met up with a friend on Sun and she told me with both pregnancies she had she spotted and bled in her first trimester. It was very stressful but both her kids are healthy preschoolers today.

AFM : I dont have fantastic news about myself. The genetic counsellor called and told me that i have almost 1% chance of having a down syndrome baby. The scan was great but I read that it is too early to see anything wrong at this point. The sonographer was happy with everything, there was the nasal bone, heart etc all ok but the NT reading is higher in the normal range. My beta HCG is slightly higher than normal and protein A is ok. Not appalling results as I have seen worse cases on the internet  ending up as normal babies but i cant help looking at the 1%. I am trying to look at the 99%. I have seen quite many false alarms as these NT screening are really just screening tests so trying to be positive.

I am scheduled for amniocentesis on 1 May. That will be a diagnostic test. Here goes another two weeks of waiting and then waiting for results. And the risk of miscarriage is 1 out of 200. I wonder when I can truly be a happy pregnant lady. Everybody can see that I am pregnant. Friends I meet are all noticing and asking. What am I to say?

#92 spottydog

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi ladies,

Been lurking the past few weeks, since my MC, just wanted to pop in and say hi.

M2ODS, you poor thing, what a awful time you are having. I posted in your thread about your NT scan.

I had not so good results from my NT 3yrs ago with my pregnancy with DD. I shared my story for you.

Hi to everyone else.

spotty.

#93 indigo~

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

M2ODS, sending you big hugs. I pray that your amnio gives you the all clear. Horrible to have to wait another 2 weeks. It sounds like you'll be in very good hands.

Wishful, what a scare for you and your DH. I'm so glad the scan showed all was still well. Just when you think you can relax a bit, something happens to say "not just yet!" I think that's part of the reason why I'm so reluctant to tell everyone just yet.

Frogga, I hear you on the headaches. I am having one every day and have taken panadol once today and once yesterday. I felt guilty about it, but I couldn't stand it any longer. I believe panadol is fine and even panadeine is ok too.

Puffsgirl, I saw your post about bad skin. I'm also suffering from it, but had it all through IVF so no change for me. I get big nasties on my face plus zits on my neck, scalp, chest and shoulders and back. I was hoping now that I am finally off the prednisone that it would clear but no change so far. How's your nausea going? You must be close to your NT scan date?

Kate, when's your scan too?

Spotty, good to hear from you.

Thanks ladies for your support on my problem with mum. We normally talk every day or at least text but I haven't contacted her since our phone call on Sunday (she hasn't called me either), and I'm not inclined to any time soon. I can be a bit stubborn  blush.gif  Even if I don't go to the lunch, there's still a high risk people will blab, so boycotting won't help. Sigh. I guess I just need to suck it up, but I'm not happy about it.

Lorem, that's such a good attitude about thinking positive. I think I'll be ok after the morph scan.

So if I'm 13w1d does that mean I'm now in the 2nd trimester? Looking forward to the nausea and the fatigue lifting, that's for sure. If anything, I have felt more sick the past few days.

I am starting up a pregnancy exercise class at my hospital on Thurs night. It's run by their physios and is focussed on getting your body ready for pregnancy and birth. I haven't been doing any exercise so far, oops.

#94 Wishful thinking

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Mum2One, sorry to hear that you have more waiting to do. It must be very stressful for you and DH but I think I too would opt for further investigations rather than worry for the rest of the pregnancy. I have my fingers and toes crossed that everything works out just fine.

Indigo, just a further thought. Would your mum be more agreeable to a couple of smaller sessions if you offered to pitch in with the cooking etc?

Frogga, sorry that nausea has been replaced by terrible headaches. Unfortunately my nausea hasnt quite ceased yet, although I am feeling slightly better. Are you taking anything for the headaches or just trying to ride it out?

Wishful.

#95 Heath2baBigBrother

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hi Girls, I thought I would introduce myself. DH and I have just finished our first IVF cycle to conceive a second child after a long 4 years of trying. DS was conceived naturally after 3 1/2 years 1 1/2 of which were medicated cycles. Our Beta test date isn't til Friday however I took a First Response on 6dp/5dt and got a BFP.gif I was in shock to put it mildly.... I was beginning to think they were selling  faulty ones to me that couldn't show 2 lines!

Since then I have been testing every 2nd day just to watch that line get darker which it has been doing :excited: .... I have experienced 2 early losses so miscarriage is always in the back of my mind... Testing like crazy eases my concerns a little so DH is not complaining to much about all the $ coming off the credit card for more tests! roll2.gif I think my due date will be somewhere around 27th of December...

I am still in a state of shock.... I am pregnant... I AM PREGNANT... that line just doesn't feel like it belongs to me.... I am in love with this little bean already and can't wait to share this journey with you all!!!

Heath2babigbrother  waves.gif
IVF #1 after 4 years of infertility - 5 day blast BFP.gif
----  4 frozen 5 day blasts from that cycle  ----

Edited by Heath2baBigBrother, 17 April 2012 - 09:06 PM.

#96 Wishful thinking

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Welcome Heath2baBigBrother, congrats on your BFP! Glad you can join our little group on the next part of the journey  original.gif

Think we need to come up with a shorter name for you though  tongue.gif

Wishful.

#97 Heath2baBigBrother

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome wishful ... roll2.gif you can just call me Heath or H2BB or something! original.gif  It is a mouthful that's for sure!

h2bb waves.gif

me - 30
DH - 33
DS - 5 on 10th of June - 3 1/2 years of infertility.
IVF #1 after 4 years of infertility - 5 day blast  
---- 4 frozen 5 day blasts from that cycle ----

Edited by Heath2baBigBrother, 17 April 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#98 Kate128

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi girls,

Sorry I have been MIA lately!

Welcome Heath - and congratulations! Sounds like you'll have a special little present arriving around Christmas  biggrin.gif

Frogga - poor girl - you're having a rough trot. I hope thing settle down really soon for you. Big hugs. bbighug.gif

Wishful - I'm so sorry you had an awful day there - what a fright you must have had. At least it is all okay. Sounds like you were very brave. hugs to you too!  bbighug.gif

Hi Spotty - hope you're doing okay and looking after yourself.

Indigo - I think the others have got good advice, if you can manage it, I'd put my foot down. It's hard to do though especially where enthusiastic mothers are concerned. They mean well but it really is your news and your decision. I hope you guys can work something amicable out. I know my mum would be just the same which is why I'm holding off telling her (everyone, actually) until we're safely in the 2nd trimester. I hope your nausea and fatigue get better now you're at 13 weeks and yes that is the 2nd trimester.

Mum2One - gosh the waiting and worrying never seems to stop does it. I'm so sorry you have so much to worry about right now. Try not to drain yourself or get worked up too much as there really is nothing you can do at the moment..... I know it must be so hard and I hope the two weeks goes quickly and then you can put your mind to rest.

Lorem - I love you positivity too!!

AFM, have been plodding along, feeling sick in the afternoons/evenings, but have finally worked out I can usually take all my tablets in the morning without gagging. Tablets in the evening were NOT working!! I think I'm having an easy time of the MS actually but it still gets me down. I find if I'm at home I will sleep for 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon. I still wake up at night to pee, then can't get back to sleep for hours, by which  time I'm hungry and need to eat to stave off feeling sick. Poor DH is getting his sleep disrupted. It feels ridiculous and I get so cross when I can't get back to sleep. Rice crackers still going well, also am ploughing through oranges, and most days I crave salt and vinegar chips!! I feel I am going to balloon out horribly. I"ve never been a 'big' person so am a bit worried about expanding!!

I have a 10 week scan on Friday and hopefully the little blob will still be there....(secret fear it won't be). Apparently we might see little arms and legs so I'm looking forward to that. Am also looking forward to getting through the 1st trimester so that the MS goes away!!!!

Kate

Edited by Kate128, 18 April 2012 - 05:44 PM.

#99 Heath2baBigBrother

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Kate128 Thank you for the warm welcome! How exciting about your scan on Friday!!! Wishing you all the very best and am looking forward to hearing all about it!! <3 <3

#100 Heath2baBigBrother

Posted 19 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Live pregnancy test video - 9dp/5dt!

If anyone is interested. It also shows an OPK as pregnancy test and a progression on first response from 6dp/5dt to 9dp/5dt. original.gif

me - 30
DH - 33
DS - 5 on 10th of June - 3 1/2 years of infertility.
IVF #1 after 4 years of infertility - 5 day blast
---- 4 frozen 5 day blasts from that cycle ----

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Ambulance service under fire: baby seats to go, response times 'worse than ever'

The NSW Ambulance Service is removing child-safety seats from ambulances, while the Victorian service is facing criticism over lengthy response times following the death of a three-year-old.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Is e-reading to your toddler story time or just screen time?

When reading increasingly means swiping pages on a device, and we're advised to read to their children early and often, should parents be turning to e-readers for storytime?

Community mourns inspiring young dad

A young dad who fought a five-year battle with cancer has been remembered for his inspiring legacy at a funeral service attended by hundreds of family and friends this week.

Meningococcal kills Queensland toddler

Public health authorities say the death of a toddler in north Queensland from meningococcal disease highlights the danger the illness poses.

Nicole Kidman: 'I hope every month that I'm pregnant'

Nicole Kidman is hoping to add to her family, but says she's doubtful it will happen.

Recall: Aldi Wooden London Bus play set

Aldi has announced a recall of their popular Wooden London Bus play set.

Great gift ideas for first birthdays

From soft toys to balance bikes, here are some great ideas for first birthday gifts.

Mum learnt she was pregnant hours before giving birth

Kim Walsh arrived at the doctor with abdominal cramps. Hours later, she was cradling the baby experts told her she could never have.

How cancer has made me a better, happier person

I'm a far better person post-cancer than I ever was before. The goal now is to stay around long enough to find out who I can become, and what I can achieve.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.