AC Grads - Due Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec 2012 - #2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#126 indigo~

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

M2ODS, that's fantastic news! I'm so relieved for you. And lovely news also about another little boy.

Welcome pinkblue! Wow, how lucky are you getting it on the first go.

Ok, I'm having a minor freak out right now. I'm just back from the physio who used a TENS machine on my elbow. I asked if it was safe and she said yes on the elbow. She wouldn't use it on the stomach or back but the elbow should be fine.

I didn't feel right the whole time, I just wanted to rip it off. Now I'm worried the current might have been bad for bubs, especially at this early stage. I'd hate to think it disrupted it's heart rhythms or gave it electric shocks.

I'm probably being a worrier for nothing. I just can't help feeling like I've done something stupid.

#127 Madalem

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Hi everyone......just ph34r.gif for mum... Fantastic news for you....  original.gif
Hope everyone else is going well too..... waves.gif

#128 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:18 AM

Morning ladies!

Thanks so much for your posts! Thanks Spottydog and Madalem for popping by with your wishes! I also wish for both of you to join us soon!

Indigo, sorry I have no advice about the TENS unit. I saw your post and I think everything should be ok from what the replies said. Have you called your OB?

Lorem, heehee it is time for me to change name on EB indeed, still thinking of what I should come up with...or maybe wait till he arrives.

Hi to those who just joined us, sorry I couldnt read back but want to say great to see graduates adding. original.gif

I thought I could sleep well finally last night but I woke at 330am and couldnt go back to sleep, ended up watching tele, drinking warm milk and catching a quick nap at 6am. When DS woke, I woke too. Then quickly listened to little muffin's heartbeat on the doppler. It's freezing cold here in Melbourne!

#129 Wishful thinking

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Indigo, I'm sure the TENS machine should be fine, especially just on your elbow. Can't imagine that they would be used during labour if they disrupted bub's heartbeat.

Hi to everyone else.

#130 indigo~

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks M2ODS and wishful! I rang my OB is morning and she said "perfectly safe". I do get myself into a tizz. It's just that bubs is so little still and so vulnerable, i'm so worried about doing the wrong thing.

M2ODS, I had a cry yesterday when I read your post about getting the all clear from the amnio. I can only imagine how stressed you've been. I hope you sleep better tonight. I was also awake a fair bit overnight, and was just nodding off again when my alarm went off, doh! Looking forward to the long weekend this weekend. Is everyone else still getting up many times during the night to pee? I thought that was supposed to ease in 2nd trimester?

Tee hee, my mum has started asking random women the name of their prams and whether they're happy with it. I'd like to have done my research so that I'm ready to buy in case there's any good end of financial year sales.

#131 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

Indigo, great to get that assurance from your OB. Well, I am posting at 5am so obviously my sleep is still not too ideal I dont know why. I was really exhausted after a bad night previous night so last night I went to bed at 9pm. I find having a warm bath helps me settle in bed better. I read about it lowering your body temperature so helps you sleep better. I did have a really good sleep until 4am came. After my pee, I was wide-eyed and super alert. Some days I still wake to pee at least twice but there are nights when I do it just once.

About shopping, I havent had the mood to do that due to the drama...honestly I havent really settled down yet....I am still scared after the amnio...trying to be extra careful and taking it really easy...i read that if a m/c happens within two weeks of amnio, it most likely is contributed by amnio...but the first 2-3 days are most crucial. So...I am still watching myself. I wish I get lots of baby gifts from mum or family members but unfortunately I am the one buying things for my 5 nieces all the time. I never get anything from them. DS has so far got 5 hotwheel cars from my brother since the day he was born...nothing else from his uncle or auntie and he is going 7. I am not sad or angry about it, just really envy those pregnant mums whose family members get so excited about their pregnancy and load them with pressies.

#132 indigo~

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hello ladies! How is everyone going?

M2ODS, I hope your sleep improves soon. Sometimes it's hard to break a bad sleep pattern. I hope you're symptom free after your amnio and can soon put it behind you.

Who's up for a scan next?

I have another 3 weeks till my next one (morph scan) and it's been 4 weeks since my last one, so I'm feeling a bit scan-deficient at present. I did hear the heart beat via doppler at my 15w OB appointment, so that was good. (not as good as a visual though!)

16w today for me, yay. And a public holiday here in Qld too, double yay.

I've started investigating prams and I think I'm going to struggle a bit given my height (5'2") and handlebar height/adjustability. And also my lack of muscles...gosh they feel heavy to me! I can't imagine heaving them in and out of my car boot.

Any advice out there from experienced mums as to good prams? Or from those expecting their first, have you thought about/chosen a pram yet? I know it's early days yet, but I felt like I needed to start researching/planning ahead.

Ideally, I would like one that is good for daily walks for exercise (footpaths mainly), has decent tyres (not hard plastic but foam filled), can take a travel system(car capsule), can reverse the seat so bubs faces you, is not massively heavy, has an adjustable handlebar, is easy to collapse.

I don't think I'm going to find one that meets all my needs, so am thinking I may need a walking pram and a lighter-weight shopping pram, but that sounds a bit wasteful/extravagent at the moment.

#133 porkchop's mama

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Hi ladies!!

Been MIA.  Had a bit of a scare with some spotting over the weekend.  I'm 6 weeks and a bit with my first scan this Wednesday.  My blood test on Sunday was reassuring and I've only had a bit of old blood since Sunday.

indigo~ know what that scan deficient feeling is like.  Can't live with them, can't live without them...

M2ODS - hope things settle for you now after all the drama.  It's so hard to focus on the fun baby shopping with so much going on...

Hope everyone is travelling well.

XXX

#134 spottydog

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

ph34r.gif

Indigo, i have a mountain buggy swift, i LOVE it, i also bought a mclaren stroller, love them both equally.

Hope everyone is travelling well.

ph34r.gif

#135 pinkblue

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

Hi girls,

Just popping in quickly with an update from me.

I had my 3rd blood test today and my hcg levels are now 52,939! original.gif Is anyone else still having blood tests done to measure hcg?

Only 6 more days til my 7 week dating scan. I am literally counting down the days! I can't wait to see my baby on the screen and hear the heartbeat. For those who have had scans already were they internal or external? I can't have internals so mine will be external and I'm hoping we will still be able to see/hear everything.

#136 Kate128

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi everyone,

Yay Pinkblue, your levels sound fantastic! I had an internal scan at 7 and 10 weeks, I think you get a better visual but I don't think it would make much difference to hearing a heartbeat.

PCM, sorry about your scare on the weekend, are you all okay now?

Indigo, I'm up for a scan on Friday, yee haa, I have been feeling scan-less myself recently. This is the 12 week NT scan which is actually 13 weeks. Re. prams, I have a friend the same height, and she lives in the rollercoaster areas of Paddington, I will ask her what pram she got. What did you do for the day off yesterday? We went down to Byron area for the night which wasn't planned but much enjoyed!

Mum2One, I hope you're managing to get a bit extra sleep somewhere in your day. I"m still waking at night to do a pee, and sometimes I am just frustratingly awake afterwards, sometimes for 2 hours. I take a nanna nap if I"m home that day. But it's just the pits, isn't it. Then I get hungry and have to get up AGAIN.

Hi Wishful, H2BB, Lorem, Puffs, and anyone else I"ve missed...sorry...!!

Well, my latest complaint is that I have NOTHING TO WEAR!!!!! It just really p*ssed me off on the weekend!! I can't fit any jeans, or shorts, and of course half of my wardrobe are tops to go with bottoms. So can't wear most of the tops either. Am stuck on gym leggings with long tops, and a couple of dresses with tights. I'm not big enough for maternity wear and I haven't told anyone yet so I'm still trying to suck it in. I think I will get myself to Target this week and buy some cheap jeans the next size up. Grrr.

Pending my scan going well on Friday, we will be announcing the news to our families for Mothers Day. Am thinking of saying something like 'there's another little present on the way" but haven't really cooked it up properly yet. Am nervous about announcing it! Sort of feels like it's private. And my parents have been waiting so long....Dad only gave up pestering me about 'any news yet' this year. He really drove me up the wall and didn't realise how much he hurt every time he asked that.

Anyway.......

Hope you girls all travelling well.

Kate xx

#137 indigo~

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

Hi pinkblue. At my 7w and 9w scans, they were both internal. After that, they've been external. That wait for the first scan is so hard...I hope the days go quickly for you. I didn't have any hcg tests other than the standard 16d and 18dpo.

PCM, I hope there's been no more spotting for you. It's such a worry, especially when you've had previous losses. Good luck for your scan tomorrow!

Spotty, thanks for stopping by. I hope all goes well with your defrost. I've been keeping a quiet eye on progress. I have fingers and toes crossed for you.

#138 indigo~

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hi Kate, I think we were posting at the same time! Thanks, if you could ask your friend about her pram, that would be great.

Wow, NT on Friday, yay!! You'll be so relieved to have that behind you. Your plans re telling family sounds lovely.

I totally hear you on the nothing to wear front. I don't want to spend much on clothes I won't wear for long, but I just can't squeeze into my usual clothes. I did the target thing too, and got some bigger work pants, and also a couple of flowing tops. I still struggle every day with what to wear, though.

Hehe, I also had a stage of getting up to eat in the middle of the night. That seems to have passed now, thankfully, so it's just getting up to pee or to get some mylanta for heartburn. Joy.

#139 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Good morning ladies!

Just had my 2nd appt with cardiologist for my heart scan and holter results...showed I do get a fair bit of palpitations but Dr assured me it is common and I am fine. I am having a student midwife visit me later. She is gaining some experience working with preggy ladies so I thought perhaps I could learn something too. original.gif

Indigo, our pram/stroller is really not suited for Melbourne's weather but we will be using it anyhow cos we spent a bomb on it for DS, cos it is super light 4.3kg wo baby in it, still in good condititon. DH is sure he doesnt want to invest in a heavy duty one. I am just a bit worried about winter cos it is not made for it. So, no recommendation from me biggrin.gif

I am seeing my OB next Friday just before we fly off, no scan, I think I have enough scans for now haha...next one would be morph scan at 20 weeks but I will do it overseas. I really think the fetal doppler is a good thing to have cos I get to hear reassuring heartbeats of Little Muffin every day. I am almost 17 weks it is so easy to find nowadays, I just take 2 secs to detect his HB. I think I am feeling a bit of movements already but it is more like flutterings rather than actual movements. Cant wait to have the first proper kick from him. original.gif

PCM, fewh about the spottting and hooray that your BT is reassuring. All the best for your scan today!

Kate, I also wake up at my last toilet visit and can stay wide-eyed for hours...but it has improved last few days...I tend to go to bed at 9 or 10pm and wake at 5 or 6am but at least I do get good hours of sleep. I am putting on a few maternity tops and bottoms I bought when I had DS1 but other than that, not buying much but do find I cant zip up my hoodies/jackets nowadays. I dont mind buying beautiful fashionable maternity wear that is suited to wear when not pregnant, but do find people associate those clothes to pregnancy haha..at least I do! All the best for your NT scan this Friday!

pinkblue, my 7 week scan with my ivf clinic was internal, on there on, my 10th (OB), 13th(US clinic), 15th (US clinic) scans are all external and there was no problem getting the heartbeats if they use the good machines. At 10th and 13th weeks, with a simple fetal doppler, it could be difficult. I am not sure what your OB is going to use on you...if it involves a scan, I am sure he would be able to find the HB. I only had my BT for HCG levels at my ivf clinic in the 4th and 5th weeks.

#140 Wishful thinking

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Morning ladies,

M2ODS, glad to hear your results at the cardiologist were all within the normal range. I'm also having problems with sleeping, still having to get up to pee several times a night and also started getting sore hips from lying on my sides. I am normally a side-sleeper but think the relaxin has kicked in. Keep finding myself on my back and I don't think you are meant to sleep on your back after 16 weeks.

Kate, best of luck for your NT scan on Friday. I'm hanging out for my 20 week scan, partly b/c I am dying to know if it's a little boy or girl but I just love seeing bubs, makes it all feel real. I'm not showing much yet, (think I must carry towards the back) so still in most of my normal clothes. I do find they are feeling a bit tight by the end of the day though!

Indigo, I have a Phil & Teds pram. I wanted something that I could do a lot of walking with so wanted a pram with rubber wheels. I have found it pretty good. Initially i bought it as our plan was to have 2 children close together & it seemed the best for 2 kids without getting a double. Anyway i think all of us in here know the story about the best laid plans... DS will be well and truly out of it by the time this one comes along (lol). The only fault with mine is the brake is a bit stiff but I'm sure that would have been rectified in newer models.

PCM, sorry to hear of your scare. I had 2, one at 8 weeks and one just after 12. It's awful, really shakes your confidence.

Pinkblue, all my scans have been internal even at 12 weeks as they couldn't get a good picture of bubs but hopefully you will get to see something with an external scan. Good luck.

Hi to Lorem, Frogga, Spotty and anyone else popping in.

I have been feeling flutters for a couple of weeks now and like M2ODS, can't wait to feel the first kick.

Wishful. x

#141 porkchop's mama

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

pinkblue - just had my 7 week scan and it was 100% ... external!!!!!  Gee it was a pleasant surprise not to have a vaginal one....  How sad am I these days?

Sorry for the me post...

I cried at the scan today.  This is really happenening.  I am really pregnant.  With a 7 week baby that measures to dates and has a healthy heartbeat at 130.

EDD now 26/12/2012.

All of a sudden my MS has gone and I have just eaten a bowl of pasta and am halfway through a massive chunk of chocolate caramel slice.  I will regret this eating in about 10 minutes...

PCM xxx

#142 indigo~

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

PCM, fantastic news that your scan went well! I cried at my 7w scan too, so I understand.

M2ODS, excellent that all went well with your cardiologist. Not long now till you are off on your trip, how exciting.

Wishful, lovely that you've been feeling flutters. I don't think I have yet, but I am still getting alot of pain daily. Sharp stabbing pains that come and go, plus I also have sore hips. It didn't occur to me that it might be from side sleeping. I am waking up with pins and needles in my arm from side sleeping as well, and prefer my back too.

Hi to everyone else! Lorem, you must be getting close to your morph scan?

Edited by indigo~, 09 May 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#143 Mum2TwoDSs

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

Yipee PCM!!! original.gif

Indigo, wishful, I also get hip and shoulder pain due to side sleeping. My osteo said to avoid sleeping directly on shoulder or hip but more on shoulder blade and bump by tucking a pillow behind bump, found that bit hard...i try to switch sides, hard to do so hugging a pillow under my doona...I find myself on my back too but what to do? I will pull up my legs or even cross on leg over the other to sleep if on my back so I won't stretch my tummy too much. I think even the most comfy bed won't help pregnant women. Currently I have moved to DS bed while he sleeps with DH.  rolleyes.gif

#144 Kate128

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wishful and Mum2One, that is so cool you guys are feeling flutters!!! I can't wait for that!

Mum - also very glad your cardiologist appt was all fine.

Indigo - I asked my friend about the pram, she said this (quote) : The pram is a Baby Jogger City Mini - great cause it's the lightest I found, quite narrow comparatively (which you don't think of till you try to squeeze down an aisle or between tables at a cafe) and its got a really cool one-handed fold up system. Would totally recommend.

Porkchop - I know just how you feel!!  happy.gif Isn't it amazing.

Had to have another BT today - turns out the one I had last week was an antenatal one, NOT the first trimester one. Good ol' Ob got it wrong. I remember thinking, I think I've had these done before. !! Anyway. It shouldn't make any difference. Just hope all the results are in for my Mon appt with the Ob again.

Really excited about getting to see little bean tomorrow!!! Yay!! biggrin.gif

#145 Wishful thinking

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:21 PM

ph34r.gif Kate, how did your scan go today?

#146 indigo~

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

ph34r.gif  I'm lurking too, for Kate's news...

#147 Freckles

Posted 12 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Time for a new thread ladies. original.gif

Emma

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Teaching our son to say no to violence against women

Today, on White Ribbon Day - and every other day - we're teaching our son to say no to violence against women.

Mothers told to breastfeed in 'spacious' toilet

If there is one thing the owners of Tillings Cafe can be certain of, it is that the eatery won't win the award for Britain's best baby-friendly coffee shop any time soon.

Mother gives name to son dumped down drain

A woman who admitted to dumping her newborn baby down a Sydney drain has reportedly been allowed to give him a name.

Taking small steps to reduce stress

Are you feeling used up by life's stress, family problems and a demanding job you can't turn off? Many people are way beyond work-life exhaustion. They are functioning as robots.

Bad news: we're running out of chocolate

The world's biggest chocolate-maker says we're running out of chocolate.

Born at 23 weeks, 'Chopstick Baby' survives first week

A baby who was born at 23 weeks has survived her first week of life outside the womb.

Manic stations: the nesting instinct in pregnancy

It might sound like temporary insanity, but almost obsessive nesting as you near your due date isn’t uncommon – even if you’re not usually a particularly clean person.

How a baby can survive alone for days on end

The baby found abandoned in a Sydney drain may have been alone for up to six days without being fed, leaving many asking how he could have survived.

When it begins to look a lot like Christmas

A child's excitement at Christmas time is a beautiful thing, but one dad ponders whether his toddler daughter is getting into the festive mood a bit too soon.

Hospital lets dads the experience some of the pain of childbirth

A new experience is radically altering men's views of childbirth.

Italian doctors questioned over formula bribes

Italian police have placed 12 doctors under house arrest on suspicion of promoting baby milk formula over breastfeeding.

Heartwarming prank gives single mum the house she was hired to clean

Cara Simmons arrived at work to clean a large and beautiful house in time for a party planned for that evening. It was soon hers.

Those special moments of sibling bonding

Every now and then your child does or says something that is truly memorable.

Why we should stop telling new parents to 'enjoy every moment'

A few weeks ago, some dear friends of mine had their first baby. As the proud dad texted me a picture I had to fight the natural instinct to say “Enjoy every moment!”

Baby monitor footage posted online

Footage of Australian babies and children sleeping in their bedrooms are among the images on a Russian site showing live feeds from thousands of homes and businesses around the world.

Did this new dad really hit on his wife's midwife?

Was there really a man who was actually there by his wife’s side as she laboured and gave birth to his child, all while he was making what he perceived to be meaningful eye contact with a midwife?

Keep calm and ignore the Tantrum Trolls

Tantrum Trolls are a small but growing species of predatory bottom-feeders who delight in picking on parents at their most vulnerable.

It's okay to never 'get over' the death of a loved one

The death of children, siblings, and parents has long term impacts on the rest of our lives.

What Mark Latham needs to know about depression and motherhood

Love has nothing to do with mental illness. But love may drive a mother to do something about it.

'We're just trying to keep our child alive': life with FPIES

We have a beautiful seven-month-old son, and his allergy rules our life.

Transgender dad breastfeeds his babies

A transgender man who breastfed his first baby - despite having his breasts removed as part of his transformation from female to male - has now had a second child.

Couple face $1 million medical bill and bankruptcy after babymoon birth

A Canadian couple were slammed with a million dollar medical bill after their daughter was prematurely during their babymoon.

Cigarettes, junk food dominate supermarket sales growth

One in every five dollars spent at supermarkets goes on cigarettes or junk food, according to industry data.

Teacher under fire for breastfeeding in class

There is no doubt mums have a right to continue breastfeeding after they have returned to work, but one teacher in the US has taken it to the extreme.

Win a family pass to Disney Live!

We have 4 family passes to give away to see Disney Live! presents Three Classic Fairy Tales, touring Australia this December/January.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Join PADDINGTON on the red carpet!

To celebrate the release of PADDINGTON, we are giving five lucky winners the chance to win a family pass to the exclusive Australian Premiere in Sydney on December 7!

The tragedy of losing a favourite teddy bear

We were green and uninitiated, perhaps a little naïve when it came to the favourite toy responsibility.

Video: Baby sniffs beardless dad to make sure it's him

She looks him up and down and then touches his chin, but baby Lindsey still isn't sure this clean-shaven man is her dad.

It's possible to workout while pregnant

Medical experts say intense fitness routines can be done safely during pregnancy - if the mums-to-be follow some guidelines.

What parents really want for their kids

Are our hopes, dreams and expectations for our children what they really need?

'I had a feeling something was seriously wrong'

Before even giving birth, Katie Myers' maternal instincts warned her something was wrong with her baby.

When your pregnancy causes a relationship rift

Some dads-to-be don't miss a beat when their partner is pregnant; others struggle with a range of issues and can become withdrawn, right when their support is needed most.

Couple uses group photo trick to announce pregnancy to loved ones

Katharine and Kris Camilli devised a clever trick to immortalise their family and friends' reactions to their exciting pregnancy news.

Why Tracey Spicer has given up make-up

"After 30 years on television, I had become what I despised: a painted doll who spent an hour a day and close to $200 a week putting on a mask."

Knowing you are one of the lucky ones

I am secure, confident and strong, but the responsibility of protecting my children can almost bring me undone.

Why I am so emotional now I have kids?

There are so many ways in which parenthood changes us as women, but one of the most noticeable, for me, has been the changing state of my emotions.

Baby survives despite sharing womb with 'foreign body'

Baby Maia was conceived against the odds, only to find she was sharing a womb with an ominous "foreign body".

Video: Baby shows dog how to jump - or vice versa

They say dog is man's best friend, but this playful pooch seems to have chosen a jumping baby as her number one buddy.

10 ways to soothe a crying baby

New paernts can get frustrated when their newborn gets fussy and can't settle down. When you're feeling overwhelmed, try some of these simple tips to help soothe your baby.

20 baby names that are becoming more popular every year

The data-lovers at nameberry.com have been at it again – this time, they’ve discovered the names that are continually rising up the ranks, ready to take out some top spots in the next few years.

10 great meals to make for new parents

Ideally, you want to give food that isn’t expensive to make, isn't too difficult to create, and freezes well; stews, bakes, soups and pasta sauces are perfect.

Weird pregnancy products

Some pregnancy products come to market and are just awesome. Others just leave you scratching your head.

Carers admit to force-feeding children

Twin brothers have become dads on the same day ? with their partners giving birth in the same hospital, and even the same birthing pool.

How many weeks til Christmas?

On your To-Do list

Get the "Santa" shopping done without the kids in tow.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.