Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 Placebo

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hmmm, new thread...

Hey all, I've been a little unwell this week with a head cold.  In the lead up to Quarterlies, it's not a good thing to have.  Especially since the week after Quarterlies sees me learning at least two programs to launch within 10 days, as well as teaching old stuff.  Grrrr  sad.gif   I was really concerned about teaching Attack tonight feeling so unwell, but gave one of my best classes ever - go figure!!  I can never work it out, when you're feeling terrific, the class is "so-so", when you feel like crap, you hit it out of the ballpark  wacko.gif

I have school costs coming out my ears this week.  Miss 11 needs $300 for a school camp by the end of next week.  Miss 9 needs $260 for a school camp by the end of next week.  The school sent home a "Technology fee" demand of $40/child (I have 3), to be paid by the 30th.  Added to this is the Gas bill (in the hundreds), the Girl Guides subscription for two children, and the Rates bill we know is in the mail *gulp*  Honestly, the money tree is dead!!

I was looking to go away with the family for Easter, but now it seems like I will have to stay home and take on all the classes over that time period that I can  cry1.gif

#3 katei

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:53 PM

I hope you feel better soon Placebo.  I know what you mean about the money tree being dead.  We had 3 for cubs/joeys (total was over 400 with insurance), 1 for calisthenics, 1 for acrobatics plus buying a viola for DS2 (he gets free lessons).  I told the kids I'm working to pay for all their extras!

I have been working all week so have only ahd 40 mins gym time per day.  I am comtemplating skipping tomorrow as I am feeling tired tonight.  DH has tomorrow off so I might be able to go to the gym while he watches the kids at swimming lessons (at same place).

I'm off to bed soom.  I'm waking around 4:30am, getting up at 5:15am and don't stop until 7:30pm (all going well).  I don't know how people manage to work fulltime with kids - it must be so hard!  

Kate

#4 mards

Posted 09 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Haha - JODES - yep i smashed it up last night at Cycle and then ran for 4km thismorning!! (i think it made up for it) beach training in the morning - we can see the sun here!!! AMAZED!!!

Jodes - so glad you are loving your cycle - im sure you have a following...

one week to go and we will be on a plane to Fiji!! i am sooo excited - DH so badley needs this break!!!

hope you are all well..

Placebo - it sux when the kids needs extras for this/that - that is probably why i work  - just to sustain after school gymnastics etc etc etc etc etc  ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the things we do...

#5 Golden oldie

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Ah, Placebo, I feel your pain. April is our bad month. 3 birthdays, wedding anniversary, school holidays, and forking out for all the next terms activities.

WTF is a 'technology fee'? Sounds ridiculous. Do your kids go to a state school?

Looking forward to the quarterlies tomorrow original.gif My first ones! Was hoping to be able to approach my module instructor and tell him that I'm certified, but now I can't. Gah. I just did my GEL exam online. What a joke that is  wacko.gif

Mards Super jealous of your Fiji trip. Where are you staying, and how long are you going for? I bet the kids are excited original.gif

Kate 40 minutes is better than nothing! And, we all know that you can achieve

I have decided that when I turn 40 (approaching scarily fast), I'm going to get one of those Bio-Age tests done. I am really interested to see what it is. I'm in the best shape I've been in since my early twenties, so hope it will be good.

#6 insomniac

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

jodes Poor DS sad.gif They should credit his lessons seeing as though it happened there! DD is so worn out after acrobatics, it goes for an hour and there is quite a bit of running, she loves it though.

mards Awesome work!

kate I bet you're looking forward to the weekend.

placebo Hope your cold is on the way out. Our Pump/Step/Attack instructor was telling us yesterday she is going to Les Mills Auckland in May. She is very excited.

Don't talk about bills! I spent this morning doing BPAY and paperwork  sad.gif Someone always wants something - raffle tickets, donations for Easter raffles etc agghh. Thinking of letting DD do netball this year instead of soccer (which she didn't really enjoy).

DS has had his grumpy pants on lately, thankfully he's been asleep since he got home from Kindy.

Edited by insomniac, 09 March 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#7 Placebo

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

I am up and ready to hit the road for the LM Quarterlies.  Am trying desperately to shove down my rolled oats and coffee, but the only thing I am stomaching at this unbelievably early time is the coffee  laugh.gif  It's going to be a long day, I think I'll be shattered when I get home.  Am already looking wistfully at the bed  laughing2.gif

#8 Wyrmbait

Posted 10 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

reading all your posts makes me feel so slack !
Been going to gym 5 days a week plus swimming once per week.

But i have been slack on my cardio, you inspire me to do more.
But when i get to gym i just want to lift weights.
I have my countdown, 3 weeks to my wife gives birth.
Trying to put back on as much lean muscle as i can before D day.

Got closer to one of my goals today, was able to get 2 x 27.5K Dumbbells up and do some shoulder press reps.  Trying to press my body weight total, sitting today at 67k....

My all time fav combo to lose weight was special small meal before gym, Spin class then hit sauna for 30-60mins.
Dropped down to 64 kilos and was getting alot of comments to put weight back on.

So i am trying, it is very slow going trying to stay lean but getting there.

#9 mards

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Wrymbat - can i ask how tall you are????

#10 Wyrmbait

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:05 PM

Im short sad.gif
170cm

#11 Golden oldie

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

Well, what did you think Placebo? I loved my first quarterlies original.gif Totally in love with the new RPM. Although not too impressed with T5. Its a shocker! Didn't do Pump as I was completely depleted after RPM, the a/c wasn't turned on until T6, I was sitting in a position that had no fan action whatsoever. So, came out feeling pretty dodgy. Warm up track, Moves Like Jagger, actually works quite well. Thought I'd hate it as am so over that particular song, but nope, it certainly gets you firing! T3 (Hills) is fantastic - Run To You. I love when they revamp those old rock songs.

I've heard Pump is awesome with some absolute killer tracks - biceps and lunges perhaps? Everyone looked shattered on the way out anyway.

CXWorx was fantastic. So much better than the last release, probably better than 4 as well (which is my have). Think I am going to wait for the hype of CX to die down and see if it is still popular, then think about doing the module. Totally addicted now original.gif

Looking forward to hearing your take on Combat and Attack. Step is meant to be good too. Sounds like they've produced a winner all round this time original.gif

Wyrmbait Congrats on getting closer to your goal on the shoulder press. Awesome feeling, huh? Whats this special small meal you talk of?

OK, I'm off for a run. Got my new tracklist on my phone, so going to learn some new music original.gif

Happy Sunday everyone original.gif

Edited by The Jodemeister, 11 March 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#12 Placebo

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Jodes  I have pain in muscles I can't remember having  roll2.gif   And I have to go and teach Pump in half an hour  ninja.gif

Combat  Nathan Jones taught it and he was really good.   Some really interesting combos and perhaps some upper body combos that feel a little clunky and difficult to execute well.   Loved the kick KATA tracks, some serious butt-kicking involved in those  tthumbs.gif  I put the music on coming home (hours drive) and it was quite 'harsh', very heavy rock feel.  I don't know, I have clubs that are either going to like the music, or loathe it.

Attack  This release has lots of loading of the Quads and Glutes, my legs were screaming in the lower-body conditioning track.  Don't mind it.  Some interesting stuff in there, but hate Agility track.  I don't know what it is about Agility tracks at workshops, they are taught really badly.  I'll see how I feel when learning the release to launch.

Balance  I know this is my fourth program, but it was actually my favourite class of the whole day.  The moves are so, so beautiful.  And they have a "Placebo" song for Hamstrings - I couldn't believe my luck  smile1.gif   The Tai Chi warm-up is incredible, very excited to be teaching this.

Pump  Dear God I was in pain!  I know it was my fourth class of the day, but still, this release is tough!  Not a lot of recovery involved.  Stand out tracks for me were Chest, Back/Glutes/Hamstrings, Lunges, Shoulders and Abs.  The Shoulder track is an old Combat song and it is now my new favourite Shoulder track.

Now I'd better get my shoes on and skate off to teach.  I've got to start learning Combat and Balance when I get home to launch on Monday week.  Then after that it's learning Pump for the Friday class and Attack for the week after.  And welcome to the wonderful world of learning new and teaching old, where you go stark, raving mad for two weeks  laugh.gif

#13 insomniac

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

Oh yay! Thanks placebo, jodes. Can't wait for the new Pump, Balance and RPM. Will be a few weeks before we get it though...Kylie Gates is coming to our gym to train our instructors in Cxworx at the start of April and take some classes. We had a sneak peek at the DVD the other day, wish we had those boy instructors with no shirts on!

I'm sore from Pump yesterday, not good only doing one class a week. Think I will get dinner organised early and go to Balance this afternoon, I need some strrrretccccching.

Edited by insomniac, 11 March 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#14 mards

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yeahr - one of our instructors got trained up on CX works - so hopefuly we will get it soon!! Thanks for the updates Jodes/Placebo.... sounds like a painful weekend.

Crosstrainer tonight - combat tomorrow night - Wed morn run - thurs night Cycle - Friday - FIJI!!!!!!!

my friends who are coming to Fiji are brining their work out gear - as there is a gym at the place we are staying - i guess i should take mine - but I was looking forward to a REAL break!!!!! oh well i guess i will bow to peer pressure LOL!

#15 insomniac

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

mards - enjoy Fiji.

Did Pump this morning, instuctor decided to do it in the reverse order. I'm sure it is meant to be the way it is for a reason! Thankfully the squat track was fairly easy compared to the newer ones.

Not sure if I'll do Step tomorrow, will see in the morning.

#16 Wyrmbait

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:49 AM

The Jodemeister
What i use as a special breakfast for weight loss was:
Pura Veda (from mrs Flannery)
with Coconut Yogurt (from mrs Flannery)

Just have a small amount of this each morning before pump, rpm, cardio, ECT then i would use sauna.  But this get little dangerours as if you use sauna you get very drained.  I started eating some dates and nuts halfway through a sauna session.

This was my weight loss technique that works for me (rest of days meals chicken and vege type meals)

Now i have almost the opposite for breakfast, this is what i call my super food breakfast and look forward to it every day.

Ground flax seed
Ground almonds
Chia Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Puffed Amaranth
Cacao Powder
Cocunut Yogurt
Agave, maple syrup or some honey
And miracle ingredient Cocunut Oil from the fridge, i su a knife to break it up into small chunk and drop it in.

All of this is completely fills a average size coffee cup and is like eating a snikers bar for breakfast !

It must have 500+ calories in each serv maybe upto 1000

#17 katei

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

Mards - have a great time in Fiji.

Insomniac - pump in reverse order just sounds wrong!

Wrymbait - breakfast sounds nice!  I make a carrot cake with coconut oil in it.

Placebo - how is your brain coping?

Jodes - has your certification arrived yet?

All I've been doing is working!  It was everyday last week and Mon, Tues and today this week.  I will say no if asked for tomorrow as I need a catch up day.  Dh left for a work trip at 6 yesterday morning so I was planning a gym visit at 9am and then the phone rang at 7:30am so no gym yesterday which I was not happy about.  I've jsut done 30 mins on the spin bike at home this morning which is better than nothing.  Tomorrow I'll get there at 9 for weights and DH should be home for me to go at 6 on Friday.  DS's class is performing at assembly so I'm not working Friday anyway.  I only want to work 2 days a week but it is great that I am getting the work (all from one school).  The principal joked that I should be going to their staff meetings yesterday.

I'd better have my shower then make lunches.  I'm allowed to start 845am today so that I can drop my kids off at school - plus my extra who arrives 730am!

Kate

#18 insomniac

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

kate you must be good at teaching, they want you back all the time  original.gif

Did Step yesterday, was good. Instructor changed the last half and we didn't do the circuit track. RPM yesterday.

Day off from the gym today for me, have lots of errands and book work to catch up on. DD is getting a certificate at the assembly today so have to be back at the school at 2.10. Can't wait to drop the kids off and come home for a coffee.

#19 katei

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Insomniac - I think they like me becasue I know the school so well!  I know all the year 3,4,5,6 kids names and some of the kindy/pp/yr 1 and most of year 2.  It is a small school!  I can also use their computer system to take the roll and know all the duty procedures.

It is lovely having a day off today.  I was still up at 5am, changed our sheets, washed all the towels, made lunches, tidied, cleaned 2 bathrooms, vacuumed and mopped all by 8:15am.  I was at the gym for over an hour then do some shopping before making veils for DD's edudance coming up.  The teacher asked me to make them for her this morning (no rush).  I'm halfway through and have folded/put away the loads of washing that were piling up.  Dinner is cooking, I have a coffee and then I'm back to veils for a bit longer before dealing with the washing on the line!

It is a busy but relaxing day!

Kate

#20 mards

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:17 AM

Morning all - we are Off today...

I didnt do anything in the gym this week - had too much to do with work/kids getting ready for this...

See you when we get back

BULA!!

#21 Nora.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hello everybody, I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I started out at the gym a couple of months ago & have become quickly addicted.

My problem is I'm actually very thin (down to 42.7kg today), and therefore need to watch my weight. I saw a PT yesterday and she said if I lose any more weight, I will have to drop the cardio sad.gif

I've just done a bit of everything for the past few months to see what I like. I've discovered I absolutely love pump, enjoy weights, boxing and running (well, I'm doing C25K, week 4 so still a lot of walking). So the new regime will be...

Weights x 3 times a week
Run x 2 times a week
Pump x 1 time a week

I'd like two days off, so will probably run on the same day I do pump.

Pump Dear God I was in pain! I know it was my fourth class of the day, but still, this release is tough! Not a lot of recovery involved. Stand out tracks for me were Chest, Back/Glutes/Hamstrings, Lunges, Shoulders and Abs. The Shoulder track is an old Combat song and it is now my new favourite Shoulder track.

I did the new release yesterday, it was harder but I loved it. I really liked that "mountain climb" exercise on the ab track. I'd begun getting a bit bored of the old release & I think I'll stab myself in the eye if I ever hear Love Shack again. Urgh.

Today I'm going to do 30 minutes of C25K on the treadmill and then do the weights/boxing for 30 minutes. I believe you're not supposed to do cardio/weights on the same day, especially if you want to bulk up (as I do...want to put on 4kg), but I've not run all week and feel a bit bad about it.

Edited by Nora., 16 March 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#22 insomniac

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Hi nora.

mards Jealous!

kate Sounds like a productive day!

I walked the kids to school then ran home this morning, only 1.5kms each way and went to Balance. Hip is a bit sore now, bit sick and tired of it being dodgy.

DD has swimming after school so better get the swimming bag organised.

#23 Placebo

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

Good grief, I got out of bed this morning like a cripple  ohmy.gif   I've taught six Combats this week (due to instructor illness), and I can now see all four of my quad muscles.  Learning the new Combat is also kicking my butt.  Plus the time spent learning Balance - constantly opening hips, squeezing butt, stretching stuff that does NOT want to be stretched...twisting...bracing...extending...folding...lengthening...

I know participants believe I am a machine, but really, I'm not!  Don't mind me, I'm at the point of psychosis  wacko.gif

Things will be a heap better after Monday.  Then I concentrate on only one program next week - teaching it on Friday (Pump).  And then I have a whole weekend to learn Attack.  Gee, almost relaxing  roll2.gif

Roll on Easter, when I'm going camping up north.

#24 insomniac

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

I don't know how you do it placebo. My body has a tough time just keeping up with the few classes that I do.

Glad I didn't try to get up early to go for a run this morning, getting a heap of rain from cyclone Lua and it is going to be 18 max for the day. Far out, bleeding freezing! Might try and get to Balance this afternoon, right now it is time for a coffee.

#25 cazbabslong

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi All,
I am still around!! Big HI to the newbies!!

DH not working at the moment so things bit stressful around here. He finished up a job and asked where his next one was and they told him there was no new job at the moment. So he finished up 2 weeks ago. LUckily Ive been getting a bit of teaching so he has been a stay at home dad AND Ive been going to gym at 6am!!! This is my favourite time but cant usually get there, so making the most of it before he gets a new job!!

Placebo I dont know how you do it!! I go at 6 and have every intention of going back at 9.30 but never quite make it!!

Hi everyone else!!!

Caz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How I learnt to relax about routines

After many routine-led, tough years, we've realised that being parenting isn't about being perfect. It isn't about following a schedule to a T.

Should you have a third child or not?

I thought our family had been complete with our two boys. I had no idea how much I needed my daughter until she was here.

Helping a toddler embrace an adopted sibling

A single parent by choice, I am preparing to adopt a second baby from Morocco. And I face a special challenge.

When pregnancy messes with your self-esteem

Pregnancy doesn't make all women feel beautiful. It certainly doesn't raise every woman's self-esteem.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Robbie Williams live tweets wife's labour

And the award for most patient woman in labour goes to ... Robbie Williams' wife, Ayda Field.

Vaccine ignorance is deadly and contagious

In the absence of credible, strong political leadership, paranoia about disease can go viral.

Parenting differently based on birth order

All children have unique personalities, but keeping birth order in mind could help when parenting.

How to get rid of the mum guilt

Motherhood and guilt seem to go hand in hand, but there are ways to focus

Paid parental leave scheme grinds to a halt

The future of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme appears to be up in the air, despite the fact it is due to begin in less than nine months.

The devastation of foetal alcohol spectrum disorders

No one's sure how many Australians are affected by foetal alcohol spectrum disorders, but the consequences for those who are can be devastating.

The pros and cons of finding out the sex of your unborn baby

It’s often one of the biggest choices parents make during the course of their pregnancy; to find out, or not to find out, the sex of their baby before it’s born.

Toddler's awesome dress up month

Two-year-old Willow and her photographer mum, Gina Lee, made October "Dress Up Willow Month". She posted photos of Willow's costumes on her Instagram account, and her creative takes on popular culture are simply adorable.

Childhood around the world

It can be easy to assume our ideas around childhood are universal, but they are particular to where we live, as these practices show.

Best picks for baby and toddler shoes

Here's a great selection of footwear from pre-walker to walker ensuring comfort and style for growing feet.

I lost my wife and daughters to Ebola - then it came for my son

Sunday, September 21, is a day I will never forget.

The 'yucky' illness that took over my life

I have a chronic illness nobody likes to discuss. It involves toilet talk, and probably caused my miscarriage. But it needs to be talked about.

Prenatal testing: the facts

Prenatal testing is done to check if a baby has certain medical conditions before birth. Here is some important information about what the tests are for and the risks involved.

5 things to do with your baby?s old clothes

Did you think your only option for your baby?s old clothes was to pack them away or give them to the Salvos? Think again.

Why it's possible to not realise you're pregnant until the baby arrives

After hearing about 'surprise babies' born to mums who didn't know they were pregnant, it's common to ask "how did she not realise?" But experts say it's entirely possible for it to happen.

'My miracle is finally here'

How has the world continued on its pace when mine has been altered so drastically?

Dairy can help older women fall pregnant: study

Ice cream may be the ultimate comfort food, but a study suggests it could also help older women to have children.

Megan Gale goes topless for 'sexiest people' cover

Six months after a heavily pregnant Megan Gale posed nude for Marie Claire, the glowing new mum has gone topless for the cover of another magazine.

A new perspective on life from living with two diseases

A mother shares her personal story about the difficulty of living with two conditions, one of which stops her from being able to see her daughter's face.

Warning about Children's Panadol dosage

The Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued a safety advisory warning parents about confusion when using the dosing syringe supplied with Children's Panadol.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Take 'The Coles Big Nappy Change' Challenge

You could become part of our Test Drive team and win one of 200 packs of Coles Little Explorer Nappies as part of our 5-day challenge.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Join us in The BIG nappy change

Introducing the new Coles Little Explorer Nappies! You can confidently rely on Coles Little Explorer nappies at each stage of your child's growth, so take the Big Nappy Change and try new Coles Little Explorer nappies for yourself!

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Weird trend

Couple has five babies in 14 months

Julie and David Grygla weren't sure they'd ever have kids - but their dreams have now well and truly come true.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.