Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 nellista

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Gary should give Peter a slapping for all those comments!  Surely he must be thinking that he is going overboard, and needs to calm down a bit.

It seemed as though at the end of the instant restaurant round, C&E cooked last, and they were asked how they thought they had gone, and they truthfully answered that they thought their meal was at least better than P&G.  Add this to Peter's feeling that all the other teams must of given them a low score (and after a 3 hour wait for main.....) means that C&E are now the focus of Peter's bile.

I remember in the second round of instant restaurants, that P&G were actually surprised at the score they received from the other teams, as it was fair, and they had assumed that all the other teams were out to get them......
At that time it was pretty much cue Thomas stepping up to the mark to be the arch-villan of the show.  And now it is back to Peter again.....

The editors must love twisting all those little snippets to extend the drama!

#3 Jacni

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

I feel really bad for Peter and Gary. How humiliating. They had grown on me a bit, unlike Thomas and Carla.

#4 Heather11

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Oh my this is just too funny! roll2.gif

#5 2bellaboos

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

No doubt Gary and Peter can cook, but only at their own pace, otherwise they crack under pressure. The competition is not just about who can cook the best food, but all the other elements as well - presentation, timing, menu design, etc.

Whilst they showed us they have great technique, unfortunately Peter also showed us how nasty, immature, pretentious, delusional and insecure he was. Gary on the other hand was a true gentlemen who took on all criticism gracefully. Would have loved to have seen him stay!

I think the best team won tonight!

#6 qak

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

It was embarrassing to watch their downfall. They really well & truly lost the plot tonight.  I agree, they had grown on me.
Unlike Thomas. Hopefully T&C next!

#7 Reader

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Gary on the other hand was a true gentlemen

See, I thought Gary became very nasty, but he was more sly about it than Peter.

#8 Chelara

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

That was funny. Peter was almost as bad as Thomas if you ask me, I really think he had no idea how bad that food was, it looked absolutely revolting. Simple techniques weren't followed proving to me that I really don't think they can cook without a recipe. What a woeful dinner that would have been.

#9 Scootaloo

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

"Poo with carrots'  Too funny.

I did feel a bit for them though, was quite the downfall wasn't it.  

Jen

#10 paula89

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

That stroganoff looked like my toddlers pooey nappy. Gross.

#11 Placebo

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

How two-faced is Thomas?!  He is 'supposedly' good friends with P & G, yet he was ripping off their food constantly, all with his trademark "I'm such a witty person" smirk as well   sick.gif

At least P & G admitted that the best team won on the night.  I was wondering if Peter may have been delusional at one stage...

The girls cooked well, and I would have loved to have eaten their meal  tthumbs.gif

#12 toosenuf

Posted 08 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Thank goodness the b8tch was booted tonight.  I also hope he has learned what humility means, but somehow i doubt it.

Placebo, Thomas will stab everyone in the back till he is booted off too.

#13 Chocolate Addict

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

oooohh I haven't watched it yet. Sounds like an exciting episode. original.gif

I snuck in here to see who got booted. lol

#14 Jess1

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Well that was not nearly as much fun as the ads made out!  I actually felt really bad for them and wish they had done better.  Having said that they really did make a dogs breakfast of the whole thing and didn't seem to be learning anything about time management.

Tomorrows ep looks really hectic.  Did anyone else see "the princess" yell at someone to get out of her way?  Was it the cameraman?

Kath07 - that is so nice of you to say!  We love the pic and Charlie23 did an amazing sig  biggrin.gif

#15 bellarox

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

Oh so funny. Peter and Gary deserved to lose tonight. What an appalling effort.

#16 FrogIsAFrogIsAFrog

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

The timemachine has fired up and P & G have safely returned to the 1970s; prawn cocktail, anyone...?

#17 fancie

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

It would seem that the King of Mashed Potatoes has lost his crown.

#18 intd242

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

well, they were entertaining, you gotta give them that! original.gif

#19 firstatforty

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

At least P & G were gracious at the end, they said the girls won fair and square, there was no b*tchy remarks against the girls or their cooking. Come on Sunday night!

#20 Daisy Goat

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:26 PM

Oh the irony of the mashed potato.!! After all their  boasting and grandiose statements about mashed potato, it was pure synchronicity for it to be mashed potato that beat them

#21 namie

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm disappointed. I didn't mind which team won or lost going in to last nights cook off, but I kind of wish it had been Carly and Emily. The guys had grown on me and I agree with Chocolate Addict, it was fun trying to guess what they'd cook! The entire meal was something my mum would've served in the 70s and 80s, lol! Although she'd have done beef stroganoff, not kangaroo.

QUOTE (Chocolate Addict @ 07/03/2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whereas Thomas and Carla are just mean people who don't really know much about food and putting flavours together etc..

I agree completely. Thomas again showed what an utter w*n*er he is, openly laughing and mocking and then quietly smirking  rant.gif  
I truly dislike him and cannot wait for him and Carla to be eliminated. Trouble is, I have a feeling they're always going to magically do just enough to avoid getting to an elimination position sad.gif

How great was it to see Nic and Rocco cook an almost perfect dish the other night!? I'm so looking forward to seeing more of their relaxed, smooth, delicious cooking.
Megan and Andy, on the other hand, can go home straight after Thomas and Carla.

#22 Ruby Victoria

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:11 AM

QUOTE (Placebo @ 08/03/2012, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least P & G admitted that the best team won on the night.  I was wondering if Peter may have been delusional at one stage...

I thought they were quite gracious at the end.  huge disappointment but no b*tchy comments, just admitting that the girls CAN cook and did the better job.  I think their delusions about their own ability were shattered last night.

#23 Great Dame

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

Peter and Gary were my favourite so I'm disappointed they went home but my god they certainly deserved to.  That had to be one of the worst three meals I've ever seen - everything just looked awful.  

It was so stressful watching them, I had to cover my eyes a couple of times.

#24 Z-girls rock

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

I thought it was so funny how the guest judge Karen reacted! She has NO poker face!. I thought she was going to spit that strogonoff (sp?) out.

Those dishes looked so terrible. And as for Gary saying constantly that the girls meal's looked too simple.... um, I don't know any mum (when growing up) who did not throw a stroganoff down on the table for the family regularly... it is hardly restaurant grade/top chef type stuff. It is simple homecooking if ever there was simple homecooking.

Untill they said 'the best team won on the night' I really DID think they were totally delusional. Totally.

BTW: my DH and I love heaps of Asian desserts and make them regularly if we are having a dinner party! Last night was a real eye opener for us as we did not know there was so much ill feeling about them around huh.gif

#25 Grobanite

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:59 AM

I thought last night was funny, watching the judges faces as they tried Peter and Gary's dishes.

It was nice to see them being good sports at the end.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Life with anxiety

At times, I feel pretty worthless. In those moments, all I want to do is curl up into a ball and hide in the dark. I can try to quiet my mind, but it won?t shut up.

IVF leaves woman pregnant with another couple's twins

An Italian woman has been told the twins she is three months pregnant with are not hers.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

What you need for the 'fourth trimester'

In my opinion, the first three months after the birth are the most intense. Here's what got me through that time after welcoming my baby.

Weaning a toddler off a dummy: a 15-day plan

Weaning your child off the dummy can be a traumatic experience for both of you. Here are some tips to help you through.

Choosing to be a solo parent

Two women share their stories of longing for a baby so much that they each decided not to wait for a partner before becoming a mum.

Asphyxia link another piece of the SIDS puzzle

An Australian study has uncovered information which could lead to a better understanding of why babies die from Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Mum's heartbreak as son dies in road accident

Daly Thomas and her two young sons were walking home from church on Tuesday afternoon. Her youngest son never made it.

New Kate Spade baby bag designs

Don?t adjust your screen: this bright beauty is coming to you in full colour.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

7 tips for a kid-free trip, not a guilt trip

Although I?m jumping out of my skin to take my child-free holiday, I?m dreading the goodbye. But I?m determined to make the most of it without tarnishing it with guilt or sadness about leaving the kids.

Itchibubs: clothes for babies and toddlers with eczema

Parents of children who suffer from eczema will know only too well the scratching that occurs around the clock. A new clothing range aims to help make everyone more comfortable.

Ear piercing: what age is best?

What is it that shapes our opinions on what?s an 'appropriate' age for our children to get their ears pierced? Parents share their views on how young is too young when it comes to piercing.

Caring for kids helps grandmothers stay mentally alert

Looking after grandchildren can help grandmothers ward off brain disease - but it's also possible to get too much of a good thing, researchers say.

Why I loved my third home water birth

After two water births at home, I was determined to give birth to my son the same way. I just hoped this birth would be quicker than my last two.

Revealed: 7 ways food marketers try to trick consumers

If you?re confused by food labels, you?re not alone. Next time you?re shopping for food, look out for these seven common labelling tricks.

'My mother-in-law found out our baby's gender behind our backs'

My husband and I mutually decided that we didn?t want to know our baby's sex before the birth, but his mother couldn't handle that.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.