TTC#1 Thread #204
For those trying to conceive their first child

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
260 replies to this topic

#251 Meg88

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

Seaside_Shells: I've had anxiety issues really bad in the past and I find there have been times in my TTC journey that those same feelings have bubbled up. I haven't thought so much about being anxious as a mum but more so about while I'm actually pregnant and coping with morning sickness, and then the birth. I'm sure when the time comes you'll be a great mum and you may even find having a baby to care for will help with the anxiety - not having the luxury of spare time to focus on anxious thoughts and feelings!?

Cotchi: Good luck on Friday with your HSG. I didn't BD until the night after my HSG but I think I could of BD'd the same day if I wanted to cause I wasn't in pain. But just do what feels right and comfortable to you original.gif

Countrychic: Congratulations! You're so so lucky to get a BFP 1st time. Yay!

KateyDee: Sorry to hear AF has started sad.gif Don't be too worried about your LP. In Dec/Jan 1 of my cycles only had an 8day LP and I was so upset but the last 2 cycles have both been 11days. It'll be ok you might have just had a crappy month with stress and stuff.

AFM: I've had a couple of days off work which is lovely because I've had some time to spend with my pugs, get things organised for my sisters baby shower, and also get my house clean. Keeping the house clean is the hard part at the moment grrrr. The turf prep and laying was supposed to get done today and tomorrow but has been delayed because of the weather until next Monday. And my driveway still isn't in but FX will be done on Saturday. So at the moment we keep walking dirt and gravel into the house sad.gif Time to get out the Dyson!

Had acupuncture yesterday and am thinking after this cycle I will have to give it up. It's just too expensive with all the house stuff at the moment. Plus I find my therapist a little condescending in the way she talks to me - like I'm clueless!

Edited by Meg88, 21 March 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#252 ChilliDog

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

OMG countrychick that is so awesome!!  ddance.gif I was stalking for your update the other day!!!  ninja.gif Congratulations!!!!

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 20/03/2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ChilliDog your DF (soon to be DH ddance.gif ) sounds so adorable!!  That is some commitment offering to drive down to BD with you while you're away.  And love his comment about 'wasted opportunities' LOL!  

Sounds like you and I will have a fairly similar calendar this month.  I'm thinking i'll get a + OPK maybe Thursday/Friday as well.  After thinking it was coming early (Only 3 day AF and a darkish OPK on day 7) everything seems to be on track again.  FX for both of us original.gif

I hope after your trip you have an enjoyable/stress free/relaxing lead up to your big day xx

AllieD i think we had similar cycles last month as well...think we both expected AF on the same day. Not sure if yours arrived ontime but mine certainly did!

I think my DF is adorable sometimes as well. He really surprises me sometimes when he says/does things like that.

QUOTE (Allie_D @ 20/03/2012, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OMG I'm so blonde!!  For some reason I picked up the OPK instructions and was looking over them, and i've been holding the test strip in the pee for 3 TIMES longer than i'm meant to!! ddoh.gif

The PG tests are meant to be held for 15 seconds, the OPKs for 5!  LOL!  Re-did a test just then and got a darker test line than I did earlier.  

Pays to read things properly roll2.gif

I'm pretty sure the ones i have say to hold them for 10 seconds which i've been doing. Guess i better check up on that!!

QUOTE (seaside_shells @ 21/03/2012, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AFM...can I ask, do any of you feel anxious about not being able to cope as a mum? I am still feeling much more relaxed about TTC, but have started feeling anxious about my ability to manage as a mum! Main concern is that I have an anxiety disorder & concerned about coping when sleep deprived. Trying to remind myself just to take it all one day at a time.

Seaside i guess i'm in a bit of a lucky position with this one as i used to work in childcare and was also a nanny for a few years. I started working with 1 family when their baby was 3 weeks old so have had a bit to do with tiny bubs over the years. Having said that though i have never done it 24/7 so that could make a big difference.

I do however worry about the birth...i even have the thought at the back of my head that i might go straight for a cs (please dont flame me everyone). Will wait until i actually get pg though and research my options!

KateyDee sorry to hear AF is on her way...fx for next month!

Meg i know how you feel with keeping things clean in a brand new house. DF and i have been in our house for 11 months now (wow thats gone so fast) and we're only just getting past all that now. Finally have our front garden all sorted and the grass is growing all nicely. Backyard will still be a work in progress but we've got grass growing which is good. Need to get the dog to learn to put his shoes on before going outside lol.

Glad to hear you have your babies back...i would miss my dog sooo much if he wasnt around everyday. That wag is so welcoming and wonderful isnt it?!

Edited by ChilliDog, 21 March 2012 - 02:00 PM.

#253 Meg88

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

ChilliDog & AllieD: I must be on a pretty similar cycle to you guys aswell! I'm hoping for a +OPK Thurs/Fri and O this weekend. At least thats been the norm the past couple of cycles. Don't know if the HSG will have thrown it out though.

#254 babyinabackpack

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

Hi all!
I just wanted to pop in and wish countrychic a safe and eventless 8 months!! congratulations to you!

seaside - darling, i'm sure you will be fine. I truly think that after wanting to be PG for sooo long like we have, that we will be able to smile and be thankful for everyday of our pregnancies.. Well, that's the positive spin i'm putting on it anyway. Either way, there's no point worrying about it just now. Let's focus on not stressing about getting ourselves PG first!! lol

Allie_D - I don't think you've O'ed yet.. Your temps still look too low in comparison to last month's. Hoping you catch the eggie!!

meg - yay for having your babies back!! It's amazing how much you miss them isn't it?! How are they liking their new home?

cotchi - Good luck with your HSG! I hope it is clear and shows your to be healthy, but at the same time, sheds some light on your non-babiness too!

kateydee - Sorry to hear about AF. Time to focus on next cycle. Are you thinking to start trying something new? Maybe speaking to a Naturopath about your short LP?

Johanna - I too am about to throw myself off the TCM bandwagon.. It's helped, but I think it has reached it's limits of helping for me.. If it cost as much as it does for you ladies, I would have been out ages ago.. Are you on, or have you thought about taking Vitex? I was talking to a naturopath about it and she said it was great for lengthening short cycles and LP's (but mine isn't short enough for it to really help too much..) Maybe it is worth a try if you aren't trying it already?

Hi to everyone else!!!

AFM, Well I had a huge temp drop this morning but no AF as yet, which means that tomorrow will be my CD1 and I have FINALLY had another 26day 11LP cycle!! YAY! After 5 months of shorter cycles, i'm pretty relieved!! Of course, i'd be happier if it was a 250 odd day cycle but still, 26 is better than 21! Still planning on going to the hospital tomorrow to talk to a Gyno though and see what tests we can do though.. We are coming up to the 2 year mark, and starting to get a little tired of this rollercoaster..

Hope you are all having a wonderful wednesday!!

#255 Mouise

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Congratulations Countrychick!!! Wishing you a beautiful, easy pregnancy!!

Seaside: I completely understand how you are feeling. When we first started TTC, I woke up in the middle of the night in a complete panic...I didnt think I could be a mother. I think it is the unknown that frightens me. I am sure when the little one is actually here...all our motherly instincts will kick in.

Meg: Glad you have had a few days to relax! FX for your driveway this Saturday!!

Katydee: So sorry about AF sad.gif. Hope you are enjoying a glass of wine and a relaxing night with hubby sad.gif.

Cotchi: All the best for your HSG on Friday!

AFM: CD10, think I might start OPK's tomorrow. Planning to go for a massage on Friday and then a weekend away with some friends. Hope this will get me nice and relaxed and ready to catch that egg next week!!

Hope everyone is wellx

#256 *Katey*

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (babyinabackpack @ 21/03/2012, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kateydee - Sorry to hear about AF. Time to focus on next cycle. Are you thinking to start trying something new? Maybe speaking to a Naturopath about your short LP?

I'm not really sure where to go from here to be honest. I spoke to my obgyn last month about my cycles (that's when we agreed to try me on Vitex) but she said unless my short cycles continue for another few months, or I have another chemical pregnancy in the meantime, that she would just leave it be for a while longer and see what happens over the coming months. So I don't feel as though I can speak to her again until it's been a few more months of short LP's.

So now I guess I have to think about a naturopath or accupuncturist or chinese medicine or something else in the meantime? I'm really not sure... there are so many options.

Edited by KateyDee, 21 March 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#257 Katie and Future Bump

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Allie_D & KateyDee - my OPK tests from thepregnancyshop.com.au say to hold it in the pee for 10 seconds..I'm going to try shorter tomorrow. Katey, sorry about AF... mad.gif

Countrychic - congrats! Awesome news and after just one month original.gif

AFM - Ive been MIA for the past couple of days with a nasty virus. I woke up early Tuesday morning after a night of very vivid dreams, where I kept waking up but not knowing how much time had passed..spewed when I got up & then was really dizzy and faint all day. Still dizzy today, so went to the doctor & she thought it was just a tummy bug.

It was my first appt with her, so I told her about TTC. I explained that I had just come off BC, and that I went on it 8 yrs ago because I was having TERRIBLE period pain. She thought that I could have had endometriosis. She said that if I do have that, it can be really hard to conceive. Because it takes roughly 5/6 normal cycles to re-appear, if im not PG in 6 months it could be a problem sad.gif

Has anyone else had experience with this? I don't want to get down about it or over think it, so im not going to worry.  It's CD20 and even though I have EWCM I still haven't O'd (accordinf to my OPKs..could they be wrong?) Hurry up!! laughing2.gif
Sorry for the huge post. Hope everyone's having a better week than me!

EDIT: I should say that this was only her opinion - no other doctors at the time thought I had endochromotosis..it was just because the pain was so severe that she thought it may be that.

Edited by Katie and Future Bump, 21 March 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#258 Thylacine

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Hi everyone waves.gif

Congratulations Countrychic! I hope everything goes well

Seaside - I mainly worry about the financial aspect of having kids, neither DP nor I are big money earners. Also, like Chillidog, I am terrified of the idea of giving birth - I try not to think about that bit too much!

Kateydee - Sorry AF arrived, she really doesn't know when she isn't wanted.

Cotchi - Hope all goes well with the HSG

AllieD - I did a similar thing the first time I used OPKs - I though I was supposed to use FMU, and then I re-read the instructions and realised it says NOT to use FMU. Doh!

#259 Allie_D

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Katie and Future Bump @ 21/03/2012, 07:21 PM)
14420104[/url]']
Allie_D & KateyDee - my OPK tests from thepregnancyshop.com.au say to hold it in the pee for 10 seconds..I'm going to try shorter tomorrow.

You should follow the instructions that came with yours. They all differ between brands. I was reading the wrong instructions with mine!  I had originally picked up the PG test instructions to use with my OPKs! Oops!!

QUOTE (Thylacine @ 21/03/2012, 07:27 PM)
14420124[/url]']
AllieD - I did a similar thing the first time I used OPKs - I though I was supposed to use FMU, and then I re-read the instructions and realised it says NOT to use FMU. Doh!

Don't worry, I did exactly the same thing last time we TTC! It was only talking to ladies on here this time that I realized I'd done the wrong thing the whole time we TTC 2 years ago!
ETA- Meg88 I have my FX for you too  original.gif

Edited by Allie_D, 21 March 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#260 Hooloovoo

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

Miss Lizzie and Country Chic– That’s fantastic! Congratulations!  ddance.gif

Seaside Shells – I know what you mean. I don’t have anxiety but I have had depression in the past and it’s always sitting in the background. I also worry about how I will cope on little sleep and I often wonder how my wildly fluctuating moods during PMS will affect my mothering. However I feel that it’s more important that we are aware of these issues so we are more likely to recognise them and seek help before things get bad.

Katie and Future – My ob first thought I might have endometriosis but I know I was checked for this when I was younger due to incredibly painful periods and they found nothing. She has virtually ruled it out though as I am pretty regular with my cycles (have been off contraceptives for 2 years now) and apparently that makes it very unlikely.

AFM – I got a bit of a surprise yesterday with a positive OPK. It’s only 13dpo and I usually ovulate at cd16-18. I know it’s right though as I’ve had nasty o pains this evening ugh!
But on the positive side I caught o (just, it was my first OPK I did this cycle) so I can now go into TWW, these last 2 (or 1.5) weeks have flown by.

#261 ~A2~

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Sara James: fighting for my daughter

Sara James was a high-profile New York journalist, but it was her own daughter's story which raised the most questions.

Siblings and best of friends

I know we'll have some tense moments. I know there will be arguments. But I also know these two will always have this most beautiful bond.

In defence of mums on the phone

I know news stories always attract a range of opinions, and I know they're a place for people to have an anonymous dig in. However, I also know that this mum bashing has to stop.

Rescue dog Zoey and BFF Jasper star in adorable pics

Photographer, self-professed "crazy dog lady" and mum Grace Chon takes photos of rescue dog Zoey and her 10-month-old son Jasper together. The results are just too cute. See more on Instagram @thegracechon.

Pregnancy essentials for the second and third trimesters

So you're through the first trimester of pregnancy - congratulations! Here are some tips for getting through the next six months as comfortably and happily as possible.

Coles Easter eggs recalled due to presence of tree nuts

An allergic reaction has lead to the urgent recall of a variety of Coles brand Easter eggs.

The ultimate travel stroller: the Mountain Buggy nano

We tried the Mountain Buggy nano and give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. As the ultimate travel stroller, it's practical, has great features, and looks fab, too.

Why I love the small age gap between my kids

Six months after our son turned one, we welcomed son number two into our lives. Yes, the small age gap had been planned - and there are things I love and hate about that small gap.

Parents warned about posting kids' photos online

Parents could be putting their kids at risk by posting images and information online which give away personal details, such as where they go to school and which parks they frequent.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Mum's the word when it comes to baby news

The arrival of a baby is big news, but friends and family need to understand it is not their news to share.

What?s in your parenting toolbox?

So often as parents, we don?t really talk about our ?parenting toolboxes?. But you need to be aware of what you and your partner are working with, and to decide what does and doesn't fit in your lives.

Classroom pregnancy prank goes viral

An American college professor has had to rethink his strict rule about answering cell phones in class after being the victim of an April Fools' prank that has gone viral.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win the brand new phil&teds vibe

Check out the good looking new release of the Vibe 3 and the Verve 4-wheeler inline strollers. To celebrate their release, we have a Vibe with double kit to give away.

Baby sleep

From birth to one year and beyond, read about baby sleep, soothing techniques, routines, and sleep school experiences.

Australia's top baby names of 2013

Essential Baby has compiled the data available from government records around the country to bring you the list of Australia's top baby names of 2013.

Video: Dad turns son into action movie hero

Many kids would love to be an action movie hero in real life, but very few will ever be able to see themselves in movies like these.

Toilet training in winter

There?s no need to stop thinking about toilet training just because the temperature is dropping: winter is a good a time as any to start the process.

What do you do all day?

It's the question all new mothers dread. For Kate Fridkis, it's a question that strikes to the heart of what it is to be a woman.

Easter gifts for babies, no chocolate in sight!

If this is your little one?s first Easter you might want to mark the occasion with something a little extra special. Here are 10 Easter gift ideas, which won't harm little teeth.

Video: Baby starts his day with a dance party

Few people start their day the same way this little guy does ? dancing, smiling, and generally having an awesome time.

IKEA announces bed canopy recall

IKEA has recalled its range of bed canopies designed to suspend above children?s beds following reported cases of injuries and entanglement.

Free Printable Activities

Keeping little hands busy

Free printable acitivity pages like colouring in, cutting, word finders, mazes, maths activities and puzzles.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.