Gender Swayers Group #217

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

#126 Little Ladybug

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (aurora sleeping @ 13/04/2012, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't help peeking in here every now and then to see how you guys are going!!! And I'm getting closer to finding out whether it's a girl at the 19 week scan!!!! Might see what DH thinks... Just worried if it's a boy that I will feel disappointed and I don't want to feel that. I was thinking that at the birth I won't care, but maybe I will and it might be worse to know then, with all the hormones going crazy. Arrgghhhh now I don't know!

With out first we had convinced ourselves that we were having a girl because we both wanted a girl first and when we had the ultrasound turned out to be a boy. I had a little cry and was feeling disapointed for about a week or so, but then I got used to the idea of a boy and felt better about it. I think I would feel worse finding out at birth because I hadn't had that time to get used to the idea of baby not being what I was expecting.

Welcome to all the newbies and good luck on your TTC gender swaying journey. If anyone is still confused I would suggest reading Dr Shettles book, How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby. I have found it quite helpful.

AFM, I had a temp dip right down today, I got an implantation dip with DS2 around about this time but trying to tell myself it is all in my head so I don't get disapointed if I don't get that BFP in the end. I have been feeling rather nauseous today but I think it is just wishful thinking. I never got sick with any of my others but just nauseous and with DD I felt it straight away at 3 weeks and tomorrow will be 3 weeks if I am pg. Counting down the days til Thursday lol.

#127 Beadles

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I hope you dont mind one new member! Hi everyone! August 2011 we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy and now my DH and i have decided we would like to try and add a little girl to our family. I've been reading this thread and other websites and we are open to all advice! I think we will try everything we can to get our little girl but we will be happy with a healthy baby.

#128 lozoodle

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

waves.gif everyone!

Beadles Welcome! My sure fire girl TTC tip is have sex every day for a week leading up to ovulation (including day of). Seemed to work well for us. Though we weren't actually swaying for a girl, just going for a baby and that's how it ended up. We're swaying boy this time, any tips? biggrin.gif

Little Ladybug Not long to go until testing now - best of luck!

Wannapinky Good luck with everything! I think its impossible not to stress, especially if someone says to you "Don't stress". Just try to keep busy and keep your mind off things.

afm Still not much happening here. Day 13 today. Started ov testing today. Bought the clearblue digital ones. I know they are expensive but they've worked well for me in the past and I like the absolute definite yes/no answer they give you rather than analysing how dark a line is. And seeing as we are swaying for blue its worth it. We did the deed just for fun the other night, so DP has "cleared the pipes" so to speak, I'd say I'm about 5 or 6 days off ovulation. Around day 18 is the norm for me, though DD2 was a random late day 21 ovulation... which is how we ended up with a girl I think, went for it on day 18 which was clearly too early and there were girl swimmers there waiting. Can't complain though, DD2 is the most adorable little thing in the world, I am completely smitten by her wub.gif. So for now its just ovulation testing and no sex happening until I get that positive!

waves.gif to all I've missed

#129 Beadles

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Hi Lozoodle!
Thanks! original.gif
To get our boy we DTD 3 days before O, day of O and 3 days after. We fell 1st cycle, we were not swaying either, just wanted our first baby. :-) Got my BFP (faint bfp) 10 days after O.

#130 3beautifulDS

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:24 AM

waves.gif every1.. sorry been MIA this month and half of last month.. we had jst moved and had no internet for 3 weeks bt i was lurkin keepin up with every1and i was goin to start again once AF came BUT any whoo..

AF was meant to be here yestaday, i had an unsettle night so i woke up POAS with an IC and guess what!..

eexcite.gif  eexcite.gif  BFP.gif

im soo excited and had to tell someone so i woke my DH up and told him and was yay excited then rolled over lol then i and to jump on here with my news...

im goin to buy a FR today so i can see it again,

i was worried because my "system/plan" that i had been doin for 4 cycles went haywirer lol it was like i O'd early so im not sure if the timing was right fingers crossed they were my heart is longing my baby girl..

hope every1 is well and good luck...

Edited by 3DS..HopinPINK, 15 April 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#131 vintage.blue

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

I know I've "graduated"  laugh.gif from this thread, but I still like reading to see how you are all going original.gif

3DS..HopinPINK - CONGRATS!!!  eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif    hope you have a little girl baking away in there original.gif

#132 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

Congrats 3DS....hopinPINK!!!! biggrin.gif

#133 Beadles

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Congrats 3beautifulds! Good luck!! :-)
Quick question! Are most people just using the cheap OPK's? Do they work well? I've ordered my batch from oracle fertility. Used the HPT's and had no problem. Also, how often do you check your ph levels (if you do) and what strips do you use? I got some cheap ones on eBay. And one more sorry! Does your Dh check his PH too? I'm not sure my DH really wants to do that. Correct me if I'm wrong though! This is just some info we got off the In gender page. Hope everyone had a great weekend! AF arrived yesterday so hopefully all my tests are here this week.

Edited by Beadles, 16 April 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#134 TarneeW

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi all,

Jemso - thanks for explaining cycle days & OPK advice. I have had a look on eBay and will order some soon.   

Hope your body has sorted itself out and you know what's going on.... original.gif

Wannapinky - hope you've managed to sort things out with your doctor so you can work out what's going on too. Must be very frustrating for you!

Little Ladybug - I'm counting down till Thursday for you lol. My fingers are crossed!

Also, wanted to say I like your taste in names. DS1 is Jesse and if he was a she, our name choice was Sienna!

Beadles - Welcome! I'm new too & like you would love a baby girl wub.gif

Lozoodle - hope all goes to plan for you this month!

3DS...HopinPINK - Congratulations & hoping pink for you too! Hope you have a good pregnancy!

_Jade_ - Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day tthumbs.gif!

AFM - CD24 & still nothing  unsure.gif .... As this is only my second cycle, I'm wondering if O is going to happen. Has anyone had their cycle stop after baby? I'm still BFing too. I'm very impatient & getting frustrated lol.

Also, does anyone use the Maybe Baby saliva tester? I used previously with DS1 and I loaned it to my sister. I didn't ever really have much success with it but at times found it useful. I'm wondering whether to ask for it back - I don't want her to know I'm ttc'ing though....

Anyway, looking forward to hearing where everyone us at original.gif

Edited by TarneeW, 16 April 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#135 Little Ladybug

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Congratulations 3beautifulDS! Fingers crossed for a little girl!

Beadles, I haven't used the PH things but I don't think DH has to test since it is really our PH that will have the most affect on sperm I think. Also you have to test the PH right up next to the cervix as it can be totally different down further.

TarneeW, the BF could be delaying O for sure. Hopefully it will happen soon.

AFM, only 2 days left til I test! I can't wait. I am holding off buying some tests until Wednesday so I am not tempted to test too early. I am sure I am reading into everything too much though lol. I have still been feeling on and off sick and this afternoon it is like I just finish peeing and I need to go again, and when I do go back a little while later it is like I have been holding it in for hours! I haven't had any real spotting like I did with the others yet though but I guess that doesn't really mean it hasn't happened. With DD I had a whole week of spotting before I got my BFP.

We aren't telling anyone we are TTC so it is hard to keep the excitment contained. We also have said that we aren't going to tell anyone when we get that BFP just yet, want to see how long it takes people to notice lol. Not sure I will be able to do it though, I will be so excited.

waves.gif to everyone else too and hope your TTCing is going well!

Edited by Little Ladybug, 16 April 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#136 jemsoli

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:54 AM

little ladybug i will be stalking tomorrow morning!

3beautifulDS OMG congrats!!!!!

tarnee i think all my cycle problems are directly related to still breastfeeding. for me, DD2 was sleeping through from 1.5 weeks (yes WEEKS, i was so worried something was wrong with her LOL) and i got AF back when she was 3 months. then she had 4 month sleep regression and has slept through only a handful of times since then (she is 7 months now), so my first cycle was 59 days long, and this one just gone was 53 days or 48 days if you count spotting as start of AF. i used the maybe baby saliva tester when TTC#1, used it every day for over a year and the thing only gave me 1 positive reading, so i dont hold much faith in them. i gave mine away too.

afm YAY AF finally arrived properly yesterday (after 5 days of confusing spotting) and a BFP dream on saturday night (way to get my hopes up LOL) hoping the vitex does a good job this month and cuts my cycle right back down again. in addition to that we are weaning DD2 from night feeds - mainly DFs idea and seeing as HE is the one that offered to get up and resettle her in lieu of a feed i am most definately not complaining. so that should help bring my cycle back to normal too.

i know it sounds stupid but i really want this to be the month i fall pregnant. DD1 took 23 months to conceive, DD1 took 13 months to conceive so theoretically #3 will take 3 months to conceive, which is may, and right on track. plus according to the chinese calendar i will get a boy if i fall pregnant between april and sept (not that it holds much credibility with me cos DD2 was supposed to be a boy too) so yeah, i have a lot of pressure on myself to get a BFP this month - which probably isnt good.

Edited by jemso, 17 April 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#137 Guest_V's mummy_*

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

I'll be back later but I just wanted to tell the Breastfeeding mumma's that breastfeeding can definitely have an effect on your cycle, so don't be worried something is wrong. original.gif It's not impossible but breastfeeding is a natural contraceptive.  Cycles are typically much longer and O later or not at all. Lots of women don't ovulate at all when Breastfeeding. I didn't ovulate at all while Breastfeeding ( I was charting from when DD was 2 months.). Even when I was only feeding through the day ( 4 feeds per day) , still nothing.  Vi self weaned at 6 months and then period came back almost like clockwork. Yay!  You are both champs for TTC while still Breastfeeding your beautiful bubs! Go you!  It's so awesome!  I was sad when Vi self weaned.

#138 avonlea

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since I've checked in.  

I was going to do the charting thing but I've decided I can't be bothered.  My regular cycle has now gone out the window.  AF came on day 23.  So I think I'm just going to wing it and judge it by CM.

I bought some cranberry tabs yesterday.  Got the 50,000 mg. Extra strong.

My ph strips were a waste of time for my CM but they work nicely for DH sperm.  

I want to start TTC very soon but I've been avoiding starting the diet.  

Best wishes,
Avonlea

#139 ras500

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Hi everyone
I'm not 100% sure we're going to TTC #3 or not, but if we do I'd love another boy. Most people onhere seem to be swaying to girls and taking various supps to help.
Is anyone else swaying for a boy and if so what are you doing/taking?
TIA

#140 ~A2~

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thread closed

New thread here

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

A mum's tragic battle against inflammatory breast cancer

At just 37 years of age, with two young sons, Vicki was diagnosed with inflammatory breast cancer. Now her family wants all women to know the symptoms.

The business of babies around the world

Pregnancy and birth is an intriguing process no matter where you are in the world. One soon-to-be father gleans wisdom from a new guide.

Finding a positive path through IVF

It’s not surprising that IVF is often seen as a negative journey towards the ultimate positive, but having a glass-half-full approach can make a big difference to the experience.

Giving strangers the gift of parenthood

A mum explains why she and her husband are choosing to gift their leftover embryos to help strangers achieve their dream of parenthood.

Does morning sickness get better or worse with each child?

Just as every baby is unique, so is every pregnancy. And that means morning sickness can vary a lot, too.

What's so wrong with looking 'mumsy', anyway?

Why is it that the word ‘mumsy’ has connotations of such a negative nature – but seems to be the only other option apart from ‘yummy’?

Trying to speed up the inevitable

As the waiting game of late pregnancy continues, this mum considers a few things that might hurry things up a little.

One month later: where is William Tyrell?

It has been a little over a month since William Tyrell disappeared from his grandmother's home, 33 long sleepless nights for his family as they mourn the absence of their cheeky young boy.

Winter's child less likely to be moody: study

Babies born in the summer are much more likely to suffer from mood swings when they grow up, while those born in the winter are less likely to become irritable adults, scientists claim.

Single mum of two creates award-winning baby app

Suddenly single with a baby and an 11-year-old son, Tara O?Connell developed an app to improve the lives of mothers who were similarly overwhelmed.

Food for thought: looking after yourself as a new mum

As soon as your baby enters the world, everything else takes a back seat - even the necessities of daily life such as eating are severely compromised, right when you need energy the most.

'Grabbable guts' campaign aims to cut toxic fat

The Live Lighter campaign will take people inside the human body to show the internal dangers of being overweight.

The best and worst month of my life

A new mum's first month of motherhood didn't pan out as expected when she lost a family member weeks after her baby's birth.

Facebook and Apple offer to pay female staff to freeze their eggs

Facebook and Apple are hoping to provide women with the freedom to build their careers without the added pressure of having children at or by a certain age.

How a pregnancy contract could work for you and your partner

The idea of making a 'pregnancy contract' with your partner may sound a bit silly at first, but it can help make the transition to parenthood a lot smoother.

Finding a mum-friendly personal trainer

Burping babies vs burpees – yes, new mums and personal trainers live in different worlds. But they can work together - once you find the right match for you and your lifestyle.

Alleged baby snatch incident a ?misunderstanding?, say police

Police say that an incident in which a man pulled on a woman?s pram while walking a popular Sydney route late last month was a misunderstanding.

Ebola killed my aunt and is shutting down my country

Three weeks ago, my auntie, a midwife, developed a fever. Sitting here in Sydney basked in Australian sunshine, that shouldn't be big news.

The night my ovary burst

One mum shares her frightening experience and vows to never take her health for granted again.

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

16 parenting truths you won't find in the baby books

I am five years into this parenting gig and I’ve learnt that sleepless nights and changing dirty nappies are child’s play.

Win 1 of 5 Canon Powershot D30 cameras

Capture life more easily with the Canon Powershot D30. Shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, you can take it almost anywhere and shoot beautiful images, time after time. Enter now!

Best and worst potty party cakes

It's nice to celebrate a child making the shift from nappies to 'big kid' undies, but do we really need a semi-realistic used toilet cake to do it? Here are some of the best and worst cakes parents have used at 'potty parties' around the world.

7 tips for a financially festive Christmas

Plan ahead - and do it now - to ensure festive season expenses don't break the bank.

'Go the F*** to Sleep' author's new book for frustrated parents

A sequel is coming soon to the 2011 hit book 'Go the F*** to Sleep' - and this time, it's about mealtimes.

Great birthday party buys from Etsy

Handmade crafts to decorate and personalise your child's next birthday - from banners to cake decorations, we've got gorgeous party finds from Etsy.

Creative storage ideas for the kids' rooms

Creative and practical storage ideas for the kids' toys and books can also add some stylish decor to your home. Visit babyology.com.au for more stylish modern finds for hip kids & parents.

Student shocked by surprise baby

Kate Hudson, 22, was on a dream European holiday with friends. She didn't realise she was about to become a mum.

To the mum in the doctor's waiting room

Maybe the mum I saw in that waiting room, seemingly disconnected from her baby, doesn’t have the support she needs.

10 space-saving nursery ideas

Starting a family doesn't always mean moving into a bigger house - not yet, anyway.

What's in a name?

Baby Names

Looking for a classic name, or an unusual name? Our Baby Name Finder is for you, search or browse to refine your shortlist.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.