TWB Grads Group #10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#76 SusieBlue

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Hi girls - just wanted to let you know that I'm still here!! Waiting, waiting....only two days from EDD now. She must find it very snug in there!! The walking did nothing - we also went to the zoo for a few hours yesterday and that did nothing, maybe I need to try something else biggrin.gif

michie - I hope your DD is feeling better. I did a similar thing with DS last year - he seemed a bit grumpy, but I couldn't find anything wrong - so I took him to swimming lessons, where he got really grumpy and shaky. I took him straight home and found out he had a temperature and he wanted to sleep all day sad.gif I felt like a bad mummy then!

#77 Redfishbluefish

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

Struggling to find time to get on here atm!

Thinking of you Susie, good luck, definitely won't be long now  biggrin.gif Any niggles?

Mich we had much more luck with the big girls bed than TT  wink.gif  tongue.gif I found it really helped to visit a few friends in the lead up who had big beds (a good family friend and a couple of mothers group friends) and they got her all pumped up about a big bed. She hasn't stopped loving it from the get go. We had a few issues with her jumping out of it and running around the room at bedtime, but were very strict with it and she soon got over it. Good luck! Oh and yes I introduced a pillow a couple of weeks before the move to try to stop her moving around the cot so much (more or less worked). I only got her a tiny 'basinette pillow' though as she is a tummy sleeper so I don't think she needs one. Also, she just slept on the big mattress on the floor for a few days before we set up her big bed. She did fall off that a couple of times but hasn't fallen out of bed. We didn't go with a rail, I just put her cot mattress next to the bed in case she fell. She has a chest of draws right next to her bed though and I think that helps keep her in? She is a wriggler but only really wriggles UP the bed, so into the bed head original.gif

#78 flyingkiwi

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone,

SusieBlue
ph34r.gif

alibaba~81, funny how there's not so much time to get online these days, isn't it?

Genie, not too long to go now! Hope baby stays head down.

3cubs, not long til your morph scan now!

michie0moo, we had a similar thing last week, temp up, long sleep, big vomit, then everything ok. It's so hard when they can't tell you exactly what's going on...

My comments on your "issues"  biggrin.gif Breastfeeding - what you are saying is what worked for us - Max decided on his own to stop feeding to sleep, at which point I just moved the feed so it wasn't immediately associated with sleep - fed in the loungeroom, then read a story, then went to bed. But apart from that I never actively pushed anything, and he pretty much sorted it out on his own and eventually dropped the night feeding.

Big bed, we had surpisingly few issues. With the cot, one of us would sit with Max in the chair until he was sleepy enough to go in the cot, and then stay with him until asleep (sometimes in and out a fair few times). With the bed, it's so much easier, one of us just lies in the bed with him and read / talk / sing for a few minutes then lie with him until he's asleep or almost asleep - most nights it's only 20 minutes. He actually asks for sleep and gets into bed quite happily (wish I could say the same for day sleeps!), so maybe we don't have the typical toddler.

Toilet training, we haven't gone there yet, so advice there!

AFM, things are going pretty well. Most nights George goes down around 8pm, then up around 1am for half an hour and around 4.30am for 1 - 1.5 hours. It can take a while to resetlle him depending on how spewy he is Last night though he did a 5 hour stretch between 1.30am and 6.30am so that was pretty exciting! Max is mostly sleeping well too. Apart from being very spewy, George is also feeding well, and DH is home on school holidays so I'm fairly spoilt.

I'm home alone with the boys tonight, DH is off to Melbourne to pick up my parents (who worryingly just called, they're through customs and he's not there yet, and he's not answering his phone), but MIL came over to help with dinner and baths and bedtime.

George is stirring, better go see if he needs feeding.

#79 SusieBlue

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Hi girls!! No baby yet!! Waaa!! cry1.gif She is now overdue. At least DH is on holidays from study so he has been helping a lot with DS and things around the house, but he is back next week - I really thought we'd have a baby by now!! And my poor mum is also stuck in Sydney waiting to take care of DS when labour starts - she's been here for two weeks now! I am getting so over the texts/calls/Facebook msgs asking me if I have popped yet... rant.gif I'm still reasonably comfortable (save for the sore pelvis I've given myself from a 7km walk today - hope that might jiggle her out) and sleeping ok so I'm grateful for that. It won't be much longer biggrin.gif I've had no niggles at all though...

flyingkiwi - Sounds like George is thriving original.gif Hope your parents got there ok and are having a lovely time getting to know their new grandson!!

Ali - How are your little girls? original.gif

Hope I have some interesting news for you girls soon.... rolleyes.gif

#80 Redfishbluefish

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

Awwww Susie when I saw you had posted I was sure it would be news!! It will NOT be long before she arrives, no matter what  biggrin.gif  cool.gif I don't think you'll be pregnant more than a couple of days original.gif Can't WAIT to hear of your little lady's arrival original.gif

The girls are really well. DD1 is SUCH an independent, BOSSY, stubborn little creature these days  ohmy.gif But she's also very gentle and maternal. She's great with DD2 original.gif DD2 is a much calmer soul than DD1 wink.gif She does get a bit unsettled in the evenings but is great overnight, so I'm not complaining!! For the most part she's slotted right into our family. My main difficulties are with DD1, which is no different from when I was pregnant lol.

Genie how are the reno's going? You are really clocking up the weeks now biggrin.gif

Flyingkiwi- yep!! Not surprising really wink.gif George sounds like he's going great original.gif How is Max with him?

Edited by alibaba~81, 20 April 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#81 3cubs

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

hi girls

how are u all going?

Ive been away visiting my family up north for the last week. It also looks like we may have sold our house. Its under offer. Fingers crossed it goes through. Now we have to find a suitable house for ourselves to move to in not very much time. So its been busy busy busy. Im now 19 weeks so getting a bit of a bump now. Have the morph scan this thursday.

Susie: Not long now. Your ticker says u have 2 days to go. However, i noticed u said you were overdue in a post??
Irrespectiver anyday now. How are u feeling? excited, nervous. I know that feeling of having paretns waiting around for bubs to be born. My mum did that for both ds2 and zara. In fact because Lewis was 3 and abit weeks early poor mum waiting for about 5 weeks away from home living with us ready to look after ds1. Zara came on time or a day or two over. I was expecting her to be early because Lewis was but u just cant predict. This time Ill be expecting to go to term again.

Ali: I can related about the older one being the problem before and after bubs being born. I think its always harder parenting the first time round and it gets easier as u go and this probably affects the babies personality etc. Zara is so easy going and always has been. Ive always struggled a bit with the older one.

Flyingkiwi: its great max goes to bed in his big bed so easily. How old is he now? Its great when they ask to go to bed. What time is he going down?
Glad george is giving u some solid stints through the night. Sorry to hear he is a bit spewy and takes awhile to resettle. Its never easy at the beginning i suppose. Newborns do poohs in the night so its all a matter of training them those are not night time activities, LOL!

michiemoo: how old is your dd? Zara has also been unwell over the last week. She has just come come good as of yesterday. Running a temp etc. Did u find out what u are having at the morph scan?

Hope everyone else is well.

#82 SusieBlue

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hi ladies - unfortunately no news sad.gif I'm doing well though - just impatient!!

3cubs - lovely to hear from you!  Hope you had a lovely time visiting your family, and its great news that you've sold your house - although it sounds like it will be busy times!! Will you be finding out the baby's sex at the morph scan?
I have no idea whats going on with my ticker biggrin.gif I'm not sure what due date I gave it! My yellow card has my due date as April 19 (last Thursday) but I would have put it as today, because thats when I think I ovulated before my BFP, and also my dating scan seemed to show the same date (although since it was within their error margin for April 19, they kept the due date as then). I'm happy to have an 'earlier' due date because it means that induction might happen earlier if it comes to that!
DH is back to study tomorrow (if only the baby had of come when he was on holidays for the last two weeks!) so Mum will be helping me out much more. I'll feel better that she's not just twiddling her thumbs - I think she's getting a little nervy!!

Ali - thanks for the encouragement!! I do know that this pg will be over within the next few days, no matter how it happens biggrin.gif Isn't it strange that a week is not really a long time, but when you're waiting for a baby it feels like forever??? Its also great to hear that DD2 has slotted so perfectly into your family. DS is showing lots of interest in babies so I'm hoping he'll be a great big brother biggrin.gif

#83 Genie

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hi ladies,

Like everyone else I seem to be struggling to find to get on here at the moment, I think once this baby is born I am simply going to have to give up EB all together!

Susie - I know how frustrating it is when you are waiting for your little one to arrive! My Mum was only here for a few days around my due date and I did everything to try and make DD2 appear (even kicking the soccer ball around the park with DD1 - what a sight  roll2.gif) Unfortunately they come when they want to though and it is rarely at a time that fits in with our plans... Hope your little girl makes her appearance soon hands.gif

3cubs - Sounds like exciting times for you at the moment! Are you planning on finding out the gender at your morph scan? Good luck, I'll be lurking to hear news from you  grin.gif

Alibaba - I hear you on the bossy first born  laughing2.gif Lucky DD2 has learnt to stick up for herself quite well, but I worry about how my poor little boy will go with two big sisters telling him what to do! Glad to hear things are going well, it sounds like you are really enjoying your two little girls  wub.gif

FlyingKiwi - Eww spewy babies sick.gif I ended up cutting all my hair off when DD2 was little because I simply got sick of her vomiting in it! Otherwise it sounds like your little man is settling in well and I hope he continues with the longer sleeping stints for you and I love the new sig (can't remember if I've said that already).

Mich - How's everything going? Hope your little one is all better  hhugs.gif

AFM, we had a bit of a reprieve from renos last week as it was DD2's second birthday, so I swapped my painting shirt for an apron.  She had a wonderful day as we took her to the Landsdale animal farm and her party on the weekend was a big success (complete with turtle cake of all things)! I took the leftover cake to playgroup today, so she got another round of happy birthday which has left her feeling quite chuffed.  DD2 went back to Kindy today and we're back to patching, sanding and painting tonight, so it really feels like the holidays are over  laughing2.gif I'll be 32 weeks this week and I must admit I am starting to slow down. I'm certainly struggling a bit with tiredness at the moment and I have been having a lot of trouble with dizziness. Unfortunately though I've got far too much to do in the next 8 weeks to rest now.o I'll just have to toughen up and soldier on  grin.gif Fortunately DH is wonderful and is more than happy to pick up the slack when I fall asleep without meaning to!

#84 michie0moo

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Susie - hoping you are in labour right now, or have a "deadline" at least. Constant checking to see if you've popped must be getting annoying. I didn't experience that with DD because I was a few days early but am sure that we will get that if I go over this time.

flyingkiwi good to hear that Max loves his big bed and hope that George's longish sleeps are continuing. DD was a spewy baby. Eventually grew out of it and in my case I'm pretty sure it was my oversupply and fast flow that was the cause. She was a happy chucker though.

cubs - yay for morph scan and good luck. Are you hoping to find out the sex? We didn't so in for another surprise. DH sort of wanted to know but not enough to ask me to find out (he missed the scan because of a delay at work). Oh, and DD is 22 months.

Alibaba - I can tell already we have a bossy first born. DD is already trying to boss everyone around at 22 months.

Genie - do try to take it easy some of the time. I can understand having a list as long as your arm and wanting to get everything done, but you don't want to end up on bed rest - imagine what that would do to your list - lol!

AFU-  DD is all better. We've just got back from being away (Susie, I was sure you'd pop while I wasn't checking in), 1 night in Sydney to catch up with friends while they were still getting crazy weather, then 5 days in SA with family. Was great to go back and see everyone but nice to be home tonight.

Got a bit of a lecture from a friend of my Mum's about still breastfeeding. Mostly centred around how unfair it would be to my Mum when I am in hospital. That part is something to constantly worries me to by honest but at the same time, not quite enough to force the issue from my point. It is so hard to let DD scream for it and become hysterical (and she does) when I could solve it so easily. She is getting better about drinking milk and not having feeds if I'm not around though so I am hopeful she will be ok. Not sure how bedtime would go right now though, last time she just waited til I got home. Previously she used to get all worked up asking for a feed whether I was there or not.

I also got some exciting followed by not so good news. My SIL had a little girl the other day, Laina, but she somehow contracted a staph virus (which they realised and SIL has had the antibiotics) but the baby has got it too. They have given antibiotics and she is in NICU but it is she is not out of the woods yet.

We are having some success in convincing DD to go to bed willingly after watching "In the Night Garden". She doesn't necessarily go immediately after but she knows that when she asks for a breastfeed after that, that it is bed time. She seems to be improving with sleep in general but we still get setbacks (the other night she just would not go back to sleep - I'm still exhausted). I suspect she is getting her 2yo molars through too which could be contributing. No doubt, going away probably doesn't actually help. I am worried she is dropping day naps. While we were away, all day naps were short and today she skipped it completely, despite the fact I timed the flight home for nap time and she normally sleeps well on the plane (yes, we've actually flown enough to be able to say that).

Well, must go. I am unsure if my cleaner is coming tomorrow so am kind of tidying up just in case. I keep forgetting it's ANZAC day tomorrow and was thinking through what I am doing tomorrow (which would normally be Gymborree with DD). We are also pretty much out of disposable nappies. DD has been refusing to put on the cloth ones but I guess she won't have much choice tomorrow. Must remember to reserve a disposable for overnight.

#85 SusieBlue

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hi ladies - just wanted to let you know that Bethany Joy arrived this morning (Anzac Day) at 4.40am, weighing 3.9kg and measuring 50cm. It was 6 hours from my waters breaking to her arrival, and she came so fast in the end I didn't even get into the delivery suite!

#86 Genie

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  Congratulations Susie and welcome to the world Bethany Joy!!!!  eexcite.gif eexcite.gif  Enjoy getting to know your beautiful baby girl today  llove.gif

#87 Redfishbluefish

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

Congratulations Susie on the arrival of Bethany Joy  ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif What a beautiful name  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif We've had a string of quick labours in here, haven't we!! I hope you have the most marvelous day enjoying your precious newborn  wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Congratulations Susie on the arrival of Bethany Joy  ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif ddance.gif What a beautiful name  biggrin.gif biggrin.gif We've had a string of quick labours in here, haven't we!! I hope you have the most marvelous day enjoying your precious newborn  wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#88 flyingkiwi

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:31 PM

Congratulations SusieBlue, wonderful news and beautiful name. eexcite.gif eexcite.gif eexcite.gif

#89 michie0moo

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Congratulations Susie and welcome to the world Bethany Joy!  cclap.gif eexcite.gif ddance.gif

#90 Rumply

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Congratulations SusieBlue, and welcome to the world Bethany Joy!!!   bbighug.gif

Glad to hear it all went well, hope you are both recovering nicely.

#91 Feral2202

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Congratulations SuzieBlue. Great name.

#92 flyingkiwi

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

THE LIST

Elle - EDD 16 February  ppinkstork.gif  Rose Elizabeth born 15 February
Quinston - EDD 29 February  bbluestork.gif  Alasdair Orlando born 28 February
P!NK- EDD 10 March ppinkstork.gif Scarlett Elizabeth born 6 March
Alibaba- EDD 10 March ppinkstork.gif Violet Elizabeth born 16 March
flyingkiwi - EDD 24 March bbluestork.gif George Eric born 21 March
Redinoz - EDD 29 March ppinkstork.gif ???
SusieBlue - EDD 19 April ppinkstork.gif Bethany Joy born 25 April
Genie - EDD 20 June bbluestork.gif
Rumply - EDD 24 July bbluestork.gif
DW2202 - EDD 28 July
Polly - EDD 12 August
MichieMoo - EDD 17 August
3cubs - EDD 16 September

AFM, freaking out a bit, my parents leave to go back to NZ in the morning. Since George was born I've either had DH home or my parents here, so tomorrow is my first day on my own when I have to get out of bed when Max wakes up, and entertain him all day. Then on top of that DH has a first aid course after work and won't be home until after 9pm. I've teed up a friend to come and help with dinner and baths for an hour, so that should save my sanity a little. Oh and also Max didn't have a day sleep today, better not be a pattern. Better go to bed now and get some sleep while I can!

#93 michie0moo

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Good luck today Flying Kiwi

Wanted to share my proud Mummy moment. DD did her first wee in the potty today. We've been gently introducing the concept and she has been sitting on the potty from time to time, but her timing seemed to be just after she had wet her nappy and she wasn't actually doing anything. She sits there and I tell her stories. Yesterday I told her that if she did poo poo or pee pee in the potty that I would give her a stamp (she loves stamps) and today while I was having a shower, she went to get the potty and bring to the lounge room, along with her doll and doll's potty (no idea why that was necessary), then took off her nappy and sat down (with some encouragement from DH) and went!!!! I'm sure we've a long way to go, but I am so proud of her and feeling a little funny that something like that is so worthy of my excitement. I guess it definitely comes under the realm of "something only other parents would understand".

#94 Genie

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:44 PM

Good morning  waves.gif

Michie - Yay  cclap.gif That first wee is a very big deal and you should feel proud  grin.gif We still make a big fuss whenever DD2 goes on the toilet and she's using it at least once a day now. Just wait until you have a special wee / poo song you sing to her whenever she goes  laughing2.gif

Flyingkiwi - How is your first day at home on your own going? I'm sure you are doing brilliantly! It can seem a little daunting at first, but you'll soon have the new routine sorted and it will get easier. Good luck!

It's funny to see my name next on the list, that just makes things seem a little too close! Still a little over seven weeks to go though, so I'm not too worried just yet. OBGYN appointment on Wednesday, so I am hoping to hear baby is still head down. I'm not sure that he is as it feels like he has moved, but I can't find his head so I have my fingers crossed for good news all the same.

#95 Genie

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

I thought it was about time I shared a bump pic with you and seeing as I had a friend come over with her face paints today it seemed like the perfect opportunity  biggrin.gif

I saw the OBGYN yesterday, baby is still head down and looks perfectly healthy - yay! The Dr did mention that there is vernix in the amniotic fluid, I asked if it was a bit early for that and he said that for a boy it was, as girls generally mature faster. I wonder if this baby might be the first of my kids to arrive early...

#96 michie0moo

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

Genie - that must have been fun. Beautiful bump!

Not much news from me. DD is getting the hang of this potty caper. She manages to successfully go once a day although I suspect she try to go more if we were home all day instead of out doing stuff. I'm not motivated enough to cancel all our activities for it though. Thinking about a port-a-potty for other people's places.  Sometimes it involves a long sit on the potty, sometimes it is fairly quick. Time of day is random but the good part is that she tells us when she wants to go, runs to the potty and takes her pants and nappy off. She has no interest in doing her poo in the potty. It's obvious when she is pooing but she says "NO" if you ask her then. She is also not interested in training pants but given she can get her nappy on and off, I don't think that matters yet.
I keep meaning to go have a look at some double prams and am still trying to decide if we can get away without it.
Also, I am having trouble convincing DH that we need another car seat. We do have 2 but we also have 2 cars and grandparents near by. I want to keep the spare car seat for use in the second car or for the Grandparents and have 2 car seats in the main car all the time so we don't have to shuffle car seats constantly. I can imagine there will be times when I want to go out with just the baby, or someone is taking just DD leaving me home with the baby. The car seat I want is on sale at Mothercare until the 20th May but we've had an expensive month for various reasons so DH doesn't want me to get one because "we already have a car seat".

#97 SusieBlue

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hi ladies biggrin.gif Beth is already 10 days old - I meant to come here a lot earlier but it never happened biggrin.gif We are doing well - she is feeding very well, and after a few nights of what felt like round the clock feeding she now seems to be feeding 3-4 hourly overnight and actually sleeping in between, it feels like so much more sleep! (although my boobs are turning into rocks during that time!) Last night DS caused us more problems than her biggrin.gif DH is home for a few more days before he goes back to study - my mum will be here for at least a few days after that, maybe more depending on how we handle things. I am enjoying this newborn phase a lot more though biggrin.gif Although I keep getting pooed on!!

The birth was amazingly quick. I woke up at about 10:30 on the 24th with my waters leaking (40+5). I called my mum, she came straight over and we headed over to the hospital about half an hour later. They monitored me there for hours (it took me awhile to convince them my waters had broken, given that it seemed like I lost most of the fluid at home - even though there was no big gush like when my waters broke with DS) - I was having very mild contractions which were showing up on the monitor, but I thought I had awhile to go given that this was how labour started with DS and the mild contractions went on for hours. They gave me the option of inducing me straight away (given I had Group B Strep) or inducing me in the morning - I picked the morning, because I wanted to avoid induction if I could, and I was hoping to get some rest. I had four contractions in the car on the way home, and as soon as we got home and I tried to get into bed I could tell I wasn't going to get any sleep. DH started timing the contractions and they were about 3 mins apart, and I had nothing at home that was helping me deal with them - so 40 mins after we got home, we turned around and headed back to the hospital. I had about 10 contractions in the car this time! We got there, and they set me up in one of their consultation rooms while they prepared a delivery suite for me. I'd only been there for 10 mins when I told DH I needed to push! So in came the midwives, off came the pants and away we went biggrin.gif It took about half an hour to push her out - much quicker than DS, probably because this time I was standing up (the position I was in when I started to push) and I don't think she was posterior like DS. 6 hours after my waters broke, Beth was here biggrin.gif I needed a few stitches in the end. They ended up taking me to the delivery suite after she was born biggrin.gif

Genie - I just wanted to say what a gorgeous belly shot!! Especially with your little girls giving your tummy a kiss!!

Anyways, I had best go - Beth is not going to sleep like I had hoped. I hope to come back again soon with a pic for you biggrin.gif

#98 michie0moo

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:09 PM

I think we can all understand not being able to find much time to get on here Susie (we all seem to be struggling with that lately).
Another of these short labours - I so hope this is a good sign for all of us. Glad that Beth is settling in well, but too bad that DS is being tricky to settle. DD has also been going through a few bad nights. Not really sure why but I will blame that problem that all mother's blame  when unsure - teeth! I know I saw part of one the other day. These are her 2yo molars so very tricky to actually see which are through and which aren't. She has a bit of a red bottom too and has been extra boobie monster so that is why I'm blaming that.

Nothing else new from me. Feeling pretty big already and having some pain in my hips, but not a lot I can really do about it. DH is going through a super busy patch and is away for the next 4 days but I am going to try and book into the physio for his next day off. I did go and look at double prams and although I know the iCandy pear is coming up on daily baby buys for 50% off! I think it is a bit too bulky and like the peach blossom or otherwise the Baby Jogger city select. So tempting at that discount but the last thing I need is to spend money on the pram I don't really want. I did that to an extent with our glider chair last time and now I want to sell it and get what I should really wanted the first time around. We are thinking 3 kids so still worth it I think as I still feed DD in it now, but it doesn't really work because she is too big and I end up perched on the edge of the chair so she doesn't hit her head on the arm rests.

#99 michie0moo

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi all,
Just popping in to update. I had OB yesterday. 26 1/2 weeks and all tracking well. Down to fortnightly appointment from here on in too. Baby is already head down (although I guess it could move still, but a good sign). Average sized baby right now, although the Ob is anticipating that this one will be similar to DD - who was 9lb so above average. I'm hoping for a bit smaller not bigger (or at least not much bigger). I have to do the glucose challenge next week, but it's just the short, non-fasting one so that is good. Hopefully I pass.

We have started getting stuff for DD's big girl room. Ordered bed yesterday and picked up mattress and chest of drawers. We still need to do a trip to Ikea for expedit book shelves and I'm waiting on the wall decal I ordered. After much umm-ing and ah-ing we've decided to convert the spare room for her and put the spare bed downstairs (which means putting away the ping-pong table, which seems to act more as a big bench than a table anyway). That way we still can have the cot there if she is resistant to the big bed. I think she will be fine though. We need to get this all organised this month because DH is based in Darwin for the next 2 months (although will get to come home as much as possible as he has asked for a commuter roster).

DD is still slowly getting the potty idea. She sits on it a few times a day and we usually manage one success. There is lots of sitting and waiting though for nothing to happen a lot of the time. That part is getting quite difficult for me too. DD reads books and I tell her stories about the "little girl" - "Once upon a time there was a little girl called DD...." followed by a story about what we did today, or will do tomorrow etc. I haven't really pushed it much and I allow her to tell me when she wants to go rather than the other way around. I'm sure if I was more proactive about it we'd be getting somewhere faster but I can't be bothered. She isn't quite 2 yet and she is getting there, and it doesn't worry me if she still hasn't got it worked out when the baby arrives.

Other than that, not much going on with us. I find it funny that last pregnancy I worried about how I would cope with labour, with a newborn (would we know what to do) and things like that. This time I'm mostly worried about how DD will cope with me being in hospital, with having to share her parents, with weaning or breastfeeding 2 kids....

#100 Rumply

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

Gosh it is scary to see my name second on the list of those next to come!! How have you been feeling Genie? I can't see your photo at work.. but it sounds cute!! Hope you are holding up well.

Michie0moo - We have just started doing some potty training with DS, he did his first wee in the potty last night and was so proud of himself... kept inspecting it. I forgot to tell day care about it. I don't think he is ready for full training, but we will keep trying him and see how he goes.... I think poos will be a different story. He is only 22 months and I think day care will wait until the warmer weather returns so they can all around in their knickers together.

I was also thinking of a double pram, but not sure I will bother to actually buy one. I have a friend that will give me hers, but she lives 5 hours away and we don't see them very often anymore... so probably wont end up with it. DS will be in care during the week and on weekends if I have to take 2 out, then DH will just have to come too and carry DS. I might look at getting one of those skate board attachments or something, just in case, though they appear expensive.

DW2202 - we are so close together, I wonder which of us will go first. Are you part of the July DIG that goes on Facebook?? AND, I just noticed your 2202, is that your birthday? I am 22nd Feb as well if that is the case!!! 1980.

I hope all you mummies with your new little bubbies are all doing well... would love to see some new pics when you get a chance!!

AFM, I am 31 weeks and feeling every single one of them. Though so far my SPD hasn't set in like it did last time. Getting off the floor is harder now and I need things to help me push up with. My DS is now sleeping through the night more and more, which is a big relief, though he is getting sick all the time again and ends up in our bed a lot... but I am not too worried as he doesn't move around as much as he used to and I think it might be ok when the new baby comes, so that he doesn't feel left out or anything. Time will tell.

Hope you are all good!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

'Tired' mum dies of undiagnosed diabetes

New mum Nicky Rigby thought her exhaustion was due to the demands of looking after her baby. But the 26-year-old was seriously ill with diabetes, and died due to her condition not being diagnosed.

20 signs of a great relationship

The secret to a perfect relationship is admitting you are wrong after an argument, five kisses a day and sex twice a week, a new survey suggests.

Video: emotional 60-second Robin Williams tribute

Take a minute to remember some of the greatest films of your childhood ... and have a few tissues close at hand.

The realities of escaping domestic violence

?Why doesn?t she just leave?? is the common question people ask when trying to understand domestic violence. For many, leaving the relationship is far from straightforward.

Home truths: the DIY dos and don'ts

A professional renovator gives advice on which jobs you should do yourself, and which you should outsource.

Parenting lessons I?ve yet to learn

Instead of writing about the stuff I do know since becoming a mum, I thought I'd share some of the things I don't. These are the lessons that motherhood hasn't taught me.

Will I be wrecked 'down there' after birth?

Did you worry about how you would look "down there" after giving birth? This mum-to-be found plenty of women willing to share their knowledge.

The new weekend playgroup for working mums

Playgroups are great for kids and parents alike - but the downside is that they often meet during the week, leaving working mums out of the loop.

Letting your toddler be the boss at bedtime

Sick of spending hours trying to get your toddler to sleep? These experts say giving your child more of a say at bedtime might be the answer.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

Consulting 'Dr Google' when you're pregnant

We're all guilty of turning to the internet for a quick answer when we need medical advice, but Dr Google should be approached with caution - especially when you're pregnant.

16 ways to tie a scarf

Scarfs are the perfect winter accessory. Whether you're freezing at soccer training or wanting to add a splash of colour to a monochrome top, the right scarf will sort you out in no time. Just ask Nina Proudman.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

The simple way to support other parents

We may be raising children of different ages and sexes, with different personalities, but we, as parents, aren't that different - we all have similar struggles, fears, doubts, responsibilities.

Seeing the big picture when it comes to parenting

Sometimes it feels like hundreds of tiny cracks are spreading across the surface of our lives, creeping slowly into the foundations and threatening to make them crumble. How do we hold it all together?

How to spot a lactaboobiephobia sufferer

Lactation consultant Meg Nagle refused to stay silent when Facebook removed two photos of her breastfeeding. Instead, she coined a term to describe those who don't recognise breastfeeding for the natural and non-sexual act that it is.

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Download now: Essential Kids Activity Finder app

Got bored kids? Quickly find the best activities for kids wherever you are in Australia with the Essential Kids app.

Advertisement

Advertisement

What's hot on EB

Win back some precious time and get FREE coupons

Membership to eBay's Bubs? Corner is free and includes a $10 coupon to spend on nappies each month - a win for multitasking mums!

Do you suffer from Precious Firstborn Syndrome?

Testing ?no more tears? shampoo in your own eyes, warming cucumber sticks so they're not cold straight from the fridge, waking a sleeping baby to check they?re still breathing: these are all symptoms of Precious Firstborn Syndrome.

Ezra's tragic death not in vain, mum says

Little Ezra was a "Harry Houdini" who loved trying to escape the family home. Now, after his tragic death, his parents are doing what they can to help others.

7 mistakes old hands make with new babies

As I sat across the table from my friend ? me, a seasoned mother of three; her, a brand new mum ? I thought of all the mistakes an old-hand parent can make when visiting a newborn baby.

Video: When adults act like children

Ever wondered what would happen if adults were allowed to act like children? This dad's hilarious video clip will give you an idea of what life would be like.

Mums hit hardest as flu cases skyrocket

The number of confirmed cases of influenza in Australia has doubled the number for the same time last year - and women are 25 per cent more likely to get it.

The mum who had four babies in nine months

Feeling exhausted due to the demands of caring for a baby? Imagine the life of this mum, who gave birth to three boys and one girl in just nine months.

Everything baby at Big W

Lowest prices on everything baby, only at Big W. Sale starts August 4 and ends August 20 2014.

Smiggle is painting the town red!

We have 3 Red Smiggle prize packs to give away! Enter by posting a photo of something red to your Instagram.

Mum gives birth at school

Most kids have their own personal brand of oddity. Others, like these 10 weird habits, crop up again and again.

Personalised baby gifts

We've scoured the internet to find gorgeous personalised keepsakes and nursery decor to record baby name and dates. They make great gifts for christenings, name days and birthdays! (All prices in AU.)

Mind, body, beauty, life

Making time for me

We look at your wellbeing, covering health, relationships, beauty and fashion, mind and body.

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.